What is Investment Banking All About
If you want to become an investment banker, you should first know what it is all about.
This is a general profession and with the many activities that the banker is going to be involved in, one has to possess the right skills and knowledge in order to succeed. Good luck.
What is Investment Banking?
The banking industry has attracted a lot of potential investors but very few are able to attain success. If you want to earn big bucks, you should be willing to work long hours. In the past years, the economy remained down but with the continuous improvement of the economy, the financial rewards are great. When it comes to investment banking, there is no specific function or service. This is simply a general term that ca cover activities like selling, underwriting, trading securities, financial advisory, and asset management. The banks offer such activities to individuals, non-profit organizations, governments, and companies.
Investment banking is highly concentrated in cities and money centers like Tokyo, London, San Francisco, and Manhattan. With the struggling economy, a lot of companies consolidated and among the popular ones are JPMorgan Chase, Credit Suisse, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs. If you can find the best deals, you’re sure to generate fortune. When you’re into business, you can become familiar with the industry and you’ll gain analytical skills and knowledge on corporate finance. The learning curve can be stiff but with the right attitude and skills, you can become part of these investment banks or you can start your own.
Joining the Industry
Hotshots from all over the world are trying hard to become investment bankers. They invest most of their time in studying financial statements, analyzing spreadsheets, and using computers. When the market is in session, you will often see the bankers quite busy over the phone while staying focused on the screen. Money is not the main reason why a person is into investment banking. You see, the lifestyle can be demanding. It is imperative that you love and like your work since it entails a lot of research, focus, and physical endurance. With the best analytical skills, you can easily spot trends as well as industry changes.
Despite the passion exhibited by most investment bankers, a great percentage of them are unable to succeed. The industry is tough but there is room for success for those who are deal oriented, fast paced, can tolerate risks, willing to put hold personal interests, and possess efficient analytical skills. For undergraduates, you should get internship. Stick with large firms rather than smaller firms that are still unstable. What are you waiting for? If you’re interested in investment banking, this is the perfect time to enter the market. You can work hard to start your own firm or you can get hired at the major banking institutions.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Prepaid Debit Card Business
- Women Business Scholarships
- Starting Finance Company
- What is the Best Bank for Small Business
- What is a Money Service Business
- Characteristics of Working Capital
- Working Capital Management Techniques
- Funding for Agricultural Projects
- Solar Farm Cost
- Calculating Change in Net Working Capital
- How to Invest Large Amounts of Money Wisely?