Starting a Livery Business
If you want to start a livery business, you have to secure the needed licenses and permits. This is important because the regulations vary from every state. You have to purchase the needed vehicles for the business.
Determine the advertising methods to use and you must start with the advertising in advance so that during opening, you can attract clients.
Are you interested in providing public transportation for a certain free? If you are, then you can start your own livery business. You can offer town cars, vans, and limousines. This type of business is usually open for 24 hours and you can charge your clients by the hour. You will need licensed drivers to operate the vehicles. There are many occasions that you can target like funerals, parties, proms, and weddings. Aside from that, you can also offer daily services like going to the airport, to hospitals for medical appointments, and many others.
How to Start a Livery Business?
Among the things you’ll need are telephones, livery vehicles, and office equipment. You have to secure the needed license and permits that are needed by the business. Just check with the concerned government offices in your city or county to find out the requirements that you should comply with. To minimize the risks of the business, you will also need to purchase insurance. Choose a business name that is short and catchy. It should be easy to remember and should reflect the type of business you’re operating. Proceed with the registration of the business with the right agencies.
A business is required to settle all tax obligations you have to check with IRS about the tax forms and the Employer Identification Number. This is necessary because you will hire employees. Without the EIN, you will not be able to hire employees including drivers. The biggest expense is purchasing the vehicles. You don’t have to purchase a complete line. You can begin with 1-3 vehicles that will suit the services you’re offering. Shop around for second-hand vehicles to save money but you have to check for quality. This is important so that you will not overspend on repairs and maintenance.
You have to hire employees. You will need a secretary and chauffeurs. Establish their duties and responsibilities. After that, you need to price your services. Conduct a thorough research to find out the prevailing rates in your area. You can offer a slightly lower price to attract customers. Advertising should be carried out in advance to generate clients. You can place ads in the local newspaper and Yellow Pages. Create business cards that you can give away during network functions, as well as fliers and leaflets. It would be best if you create a website for the business. Busy clients using the web can find you with ease especially if you have a highly optimized site. The regulations in operating a livery business vary so you have to inquire.
- I would like to open a livery business in the city of Los angeles California. Also need info on how to acquire the proper license and plates.
- I am looking into starting a transportation/livery business in NH and working some in MA - What licenses and permits do I need in New Ipswich NH area and can I work with businesses in MA?? specifically Wakefield/Peabody area. Can I use my NH credentials to operate in MA and at Logan Airport (Boston)?? Thank-you, Greg
- Looking to start livery business also in CT what would i need like lic, ins, and so on and dose the van have to be within so many years????
- I have a car can I use it for personal and Livery business or Taxi in CT. How can I go about it?
- i have a 14 passenger shuttle van . i want to put ol plates on it what do i need to do
- I want to start a livery car service in Rhode island state and be available for low-income families who use government help to pay for their transportation.
- I would like to start a livery service in Chicago i would like to know what I need to do to start this up and how much could this cost.
- i would like to start a livery business in Massachusetts
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Drug Rehab Business?
- How to Export Rice
- How to Start a CBSE School
- How to Start a PLR Business
- How to Start a Handicraft Business
- How to Start a Scarf Business
- Starting a Coconut Export Business
- How to Start a Game Room Business
- How to Start a Drive-in Movie Theater
- Guide to Start an Aerospace Engineering Company