How to Start a Shooting Range Business
Opening a shooting range business is a rewarding venture. Having the necessary requirements can help you break the ground toward a new business.
Safety should be your priority at all times.
If you are thinking of engaging in a business and is a gun enthusiast, starting a shooting range business is a good idea. Teaching others to hold a gun and at the same time teaching how to fire a gun is the key in starting a business. However, this kind of venture would require you to secure all the licenses and permits to make your business legal. Likewise, this venture is not an ordinary one because it requires knowledge and skills regarding the business. It is important to know the gun-safety issues before you decide to start the business. There are different options and considerations to take in order to meet the needs of your potential clients. In addition, there are some restrictions about opening a shooting range and how you should operate the business.
The first thing that you should do is to inquire for the zoning regulations covering the shooting business in your area. This is important because some states have some restrictions regarding the operation of such business. In this way, you will understand how you should operate it and the things that should be in the range. Keep in mind that shooting range can either be inside or outside. If you are considering an indoor range, you should choose a location near downtown and shopping malls. The place should have enough space that can accommodate five shooting stalls, showroom for rental guns, gun lessons room, bathroom and other facility. On the other hand, if you want an outdoor shooting range, you will need about two acres of land.
It is also important to determine the services you want to offer. For indoor range, you can offer rifle range, pistol range and paintball and this is perfect for younger crowd. Nevertheless, irrespective of the shooting range you may establish, you can still offer firearm safety training and classes for people who want to carry licensed firearms. Opening this kind of business also gives you the chance to expand other services such as group events. All you have to do is to contact catering services to help you in the event. Because your clients would spend long hours in your place, a vending machine would be perfect to consider.
The Most Necessary Thing
Furthermore, the most important aspect that you should pay attention is to obtain Federal Firearms License. This is necessary so that it will be legal to sell firearms in your shooting range. A tax identification number is also essential in running your business. This kind of venture would require you to purchase liability insurance that is good not only for your business but also for your clients.
- Namibia Windhoek. I would like to open up an indoor shooting range in our capital city, as there is none that available to the public we do how ever have gun shops. My challenge is that i don't know how and don`t have the expertise. Can you please assist me. contact detail: +264 81 88 28 121
- I WOULD LIKE TO OPEN AN INDOOR RANGE IN JOHNSTOWN PA, I'M NOT INTERESTED IN SELLING GUNS OR AMMO JUST OFFERING A PLACE INDOORS TO SHOOT YOUR GUN I HAVE COOPERATION VERBALLY BY THE GUN SHOPS IN MY AREA, WHAT DO I NEED TO DO NOW!!
- Fort Wayne, IN. I am looking into starting an indoor shooting range without gun sales (to start). I am in need of some assistance with where to go and who to contact to get a new indoor gun range started. Thank you in advance.
- Houston Texas area; I live about 30 miles outside of the city. There are no out door ranges. I would like to buy some land, use heavy equipment to four about four shooting aisles for pistols and shotguns only. Each would be adequately separated from the other and equipped with benches and signage including no liability for personal actions. Low cost and I expect lots of customers who just want to shoot their guns. I want to have an attendant to rent the spaces but otherwise not be involved in instruction or enforcement of any range rules. It will be self enforced / personal responsibility range. There would be rules but only concerning the type of weapons allowed.
- I would like to open a indoor shooting range in Charleston west Virginia. would any franchise owners be willing to help with knowledge and expense i own the property in a good location.and have a construction company in the family that could help with costs.
- Hi to any help, We would like any & all info on opening a indoor shooting range in or around Ocala Fl. cost, permits, or any info at all. Thanks
- I like to start a shooting range using simulators is there any franchise that does this.
- I am interested in possibly opening an indoor facility in the middletown ohio area. Are there any franchises available. What is the best way to get started.
- Hi I am sahil from ludhiana. I am doing business in manufacturing sweaters but I want to emerge with a new business as a textile trader in surat. As Surat textile market is good to explore business.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides