Different Types of Crops
Crops are grown anywhere in the world. These are the plants cultivated for different purposes.
If you want to engage into farming you should know the different types of crops that you can grow.
Farming is one of the lucrative businesses to venture. However, it is important to know the different types of crops that would grow in the land quality you have. Growing crops is driven by various purposes that include food for human consumption and livestock as well as to produce non-food products. Although there are some crops that are not important to human but most of the crops are significant for our survival.
Types of Crops and Use
- Potatoes and root crops – These are the types of root crops that have higher value. Likewise, cultivating these crops requires labor, specialized machinery as well as nutrients. When growing these crops should start in deep cultivation. It is also important to consider gap in growing the same crops. This is because continuous cropping of the same crops would lead to problems such as plants diseases.
- White straw crops – These crops include barley, oats and wheat. These are considered as cash crops that require thorough maintenance to prevent grass weeds. Rice is also included in these crops and is the most important grain essential for us people. Other grain crops include rye and coffee.
- Fibers crops – Cotton is one of the fiber crops cultivated in some countries all over the world. Likewise, wool, silk and hemp are other fiber crops that are grown and used as raw materials in making cloth and other materials.
- Break crops – These crops are grown as breaks when growing white straw crops. They also serve as cleaning crop that reduces the growth of weeds associated with continuous cropping.
- Restorative crops – When the moisture of the soil is lost it is necessary to cultivate restorative crops. In this way, the nutrients of the soil will be restored.
When planning to layout your farm you should keep in mind that growing the same crops would facilitate the appearance of plants disease. That is why you should plan for a crop rotation. Similarly, considering the value of cultivating different types of crops can reduce the susceptibility of pest and disease.
You can seek help from professionals who have knowledge about growing different types of crops. In this way, you can choose the right crops that are suitable in the quality of land in your farm. You should also pay attention on the crops that you will grow depending on the temperature in your area. Keep in mind that in farming you will invest money that is why everything should be planned to avoid wasting your hard-earned money. As much as possible you should do research about the crops you intend to grow.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- How to Start a Drug Rehab Business?
- How to Export Rice
- How to Start a CBSE School
- How to Start a PLR Business
- How to Start a Handicraft Business
- How to Start a Scarf Business
- How to Start a Game Room Business
- Starting a Coconut Export Business
- How to Start a Drive-in Movie Theater
- Starting a Lounge Business