How to Start Garlic Farm

Development in agricultural sciences has made garlic growing easier. Establish your garlic farm and turn it profit making endeavor. Certain aspects are to be given heeding though. An important factor is preparing soil for free draining. It shouldn’t be unnecessarily acidic.

Besides doing so you should also keep soil watered and weed free. Newcomers can start garlic farm if dedication, managing team and maintaining farm is in preference.

Little bit of research is necessary before starting garlic farms. Usually garlic is planted from October to February. Keep track of timing when first garlic shoots occur. It starts appearing from January onwards. Take care of them for better growth. Don’t forget that garlic farming is done in colder seasons in which first 1-2 weeks must have 0-4C. It is physiologically suitable period when plants do bulb formation. Timing and climatic impact must be understood better.

Try to arrange a team of workers for maintaining garlic plants and weed control works. It requires mechanical inter row cultivation process. It can be done by hand hoeing as well. But later option is not feasible if farm is bigger in size. Once this basic preparation completes start the secondary stage of farming. Plants welcome spring season and it is suitable time to apply herbicide. Such arrangement must be done for suppressing weeding.

Where and How to Begin

Although garlic farming needs timely maintenance but this doesn’t mean it is monstrous task. Even amateur gardeners can grow garlic. Serious approach you show in farming definitely yields good results. Have adequate arrangement of water and use fertile soil to grow garlic. Important factor behind growing quality garlic is role of farmer in handling the harvesting process and drying them systematically. Take support from different garlic planting resources and guidelines given by agricultural scientists to make garlic farm truly professional.

Possibility of white rotting and nematode pests like eelworm can’t be ruled out after repeated garlic farming attempts. Maintain land and ensure it has been ploughed properly. Cultivate it and fertilize according to need of garlic farming. Wrong selection of land or improper cultivation can spoil your garlic farm.

Basic Tips for Garlic Farming

Application of nitrogen and sulphur in spring season creates best scenario for growth of leaves. You can grow garlic in home gardens too where maintenance is not a big issue. Do remember that you can’t expect having best quality garlic without weeding. Timely watering makes harvesting easy besides provides opportunity for suitable bulb formation. There are wide varieties of soil conditions in which garlic grows. You may have free draining loam and organic matter. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing while farming garlic. Likewise, extreme heat condition too is not suitable for this crop.

• How to Plant Chillis
    Are you interested in chili farming? Do you have enough land to start the chilli farming business? Read this and you will know how to grow chilies and earn profits!
  • Starting a Fenugreek Farm
    Growing fenugreek is really easy as long as you know the growth requirements. When starting a farm, you should prepare the soil since the seeds should be sowed directly.

• 1. somdutt said on 3/29/2010 2:16:03 AM
    Hi, My name is somdutt. And i am thinking to start a business in garlic. i am living in himachal pradesh dist- hamirpur . So please provide me a help full information in this business. regards, somdutt
  • 2. TSHEPO DUBANI said on 4/30/2010 1:06:55 PM
    I AM IN BOTSWANA, PALAPYE VILLAGE. I WANT HELP ON GARLIC FARMING ON HOW TO START IT FROM SCRATCH AND THE LIKES
  • 3. Gibson Mhlanga said on 5/14/2010 10:35:21 AM
    I am in Zimbabwe, I would like to start garlic farming in Rusape about 200km east of the capital Harare. Can I have details on the farming season, soils, stages, and so forth
  • 4. kalifa said on 6/9/2010 4:47:09 AM
    Dear.Sir. I'm living in Thailand and i'm thinking to start garlic farm so kindly assist me. Thanks.
  • 5. Grace Watetu said on 6/11/2010 4:54:24 AM
    I am living in Kenya, Nanyuki town. I wish to start garlic farm, I would like to know if they can do well under our climatic conditions which is between 20-24 degrees centigrade. Thanks for your information.
  • 6. paul wekesah wanyonyi said on 7/4/2010 4:53:51 AM
    Am in Kenya. I would also wish to start a garlic farm in western province, Kenya. I need sufficient information on how to go about garlic farming
  • 7. Selvam said on 7/12/2010 4:23:31 AM
    Dear All, I am in tamil nadu, we start to Import Garlic from Himachal pradesh, Kindly Guide And Help me....Kindly Contact Adhi_selvam2yahoo.com
  • 8. Wairimu Muiruri said on 7/15/2010 7:35:03 AM
    I live in kenya, Naivasha town, which is a horticultural area. Am requesting to know if garlic farming can do well in this area and also i need sufficient information on how to go about garlic farming. Thanks.
  • 9. arjuna rao said on 7/25/2010 9:19:58 AM
    hai this arjun i want start garlic farm at my own place which is in Andhra Pradesh, Kakinada, 533006, India. Please suggest
  • 10. Leon said on 8/11/2010 2:43:22 PM
    Hi, I am looking into garlic farming as a alternative. I would like to learn more about climate requirements and the basic guide for farming with garlic. Western Cape, South Africa. Thanks!!
  • 11. Rao Puran Pal said on 8/18/2010 6:00:57 PM
    I am the owner of large piece of land. I intend to start garlic farm in Rajasthan. My farm is located at the bank of major river. Soil condition is soft. Water condition sweet and ample. Please advise when (which months) sowing and harvesting is done. Regards. Rao Puran Pal
  • 12. Captain Mwamba said on 8/28/2010 3:54:42 AM
    I have a medium size farm, planning to grow garlic, can you help me locate suppliers from South Africa Durban for seeds. I have plans to visit Durban in December 2010 and would like to see some garlic growers. Thank You
  • 13. Nomusa Chibwe said on 8/30/2010 6:19:54 AM
    l would like to start a grlic farm in kwekwe in Zimbabwe
  • 14. Richard Ombeva said on 9/18/2010 1:39:57 PM
    Hi. Am Richard from Kenya's lower Eastern province. Can garlic grow in such an area of 20 - 30 degrees celcius? Kindly advice.
  • 15. Regina Gariwe said on 10/6/2010 3:13:51 AM
    I intend to start garlic farming in Silobela Kwekwe, Zimbabwe. The area is generally hot. Thank you
  • 16. Kashif said on 10/6/2010 9:39:48 AM
    I indent to start garlic farming in Maharashtra, Mandgaon, Raigad District, India. Please advise whether it can be done here and is there any literature that I can download ?
  • 17. abinet mersha said on 10/11/2010 8:43:56 AM
    i am living in Ethiopia i have small farm around Mojo 90km from capital city of Ethiopia [Addis Ababa]
  • 18. Keshu said on 10/15/2010 6:33:45 AM
    Hi, I'm from Bhaatkheri, Manasa, dist.Neemuch Madhya Pradesh. I'm already doing garlic farming, but unable to grow better garlic year-by-year at same place and of same quality. .I think soil doesn't help to do so..any suggestions?
  • 19. Rahul said on 10/17/2010 7:33:32 AM
    I have a farm in Katni, Madhya Pradesh, India. Please guide me with useful information regarding garlic farming and any literature on the same to download.
  • 20. Raja said on 10/18/2010 12:17:50 AM
    I want to start Garlic farming. Can i know how to grow, with garlic farming.
  • 21. susan jaoko said on 10/21/2010 8:00:59 AM
    HI, i come from kenya a place called kano which sometimes gets very hot and at times we get floods. i would like to start garlic farming. Please send me some literature that can guide me from scratch.
  • 22. leah gatonye said on 10/24/2010 4:02:50 AM
    Hi i'm leah from Nairobi, kenya. i want to farm garlic. the soil in my land is cotton with temp of 28C. please guide
  • 23. Isheunesu Chikwanha said on 11/10/2010 12:44:21 PM
    I am Isheunesu Chikwanha, and i farm in Beatrice, about 65km south of Harare here in Zimbabwe. I have loam soils in my plot and a reliable source of water. In July we experience frost. I want to start garlic production. Kindly guide.
  • 24. Nafeez said on 12/1/2010 1:38:43 PM
    Hi, I am based in Tanga(a small town in tanzania). I would like to request some information on large scale garlic farming. Can you please send me all the details that will help me initiate the growing of garlic all the way to storing, maintaining freshness to the end user. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • 25. abbas said on 12/7/2010 1:08:05 PM
    I am from Dar es salaam- Tanazania. My farm is a place with sandy soil. I have a bore hole that provides me with enough water for irrigation. I had grown onions ( red creole) in the past with satisfactory results. Can I now grow garlic. Please send me all relevant information. Thank you
  • 26. Mahadeer said on 12/8/2010 5:15:13 AM
    Hi to all. i am living in tamil nadu. i would like do import the garlic from himachal pradesh. so i need person of himachal. if anybody is there just contact me in my mail id. Please contact me the himachal pradesh person My email id is maha.aero@gmail.com
  • 27. samwell mbugua said on 12/9/2010 6:03:35 AM
    I'm samwell live in kenya(naivasha) a semiarid land but horticulture area. i'm requesting more information about how to grow and care about garlic.thank you.
  • 28. yimam tesema said on 12/10/2010 3:28:05 AM
    My name is yimam,I live in Ethiopia(bahir-dar) I have 20 hectares of horticulture farm,11 k.m far from bahir-dar town.I already started onion and garlic production on small areas, because of market limitation.would you please contact me clients who need my product in large quantity?thank you.
  • 29. Prince Kyatwa said on 12/14/2010 7:49:45 AM
    Need help on how to go about garlic farming. Have a piece of land along the western shores of lake Victoria in the outskirt of Bukoba town. Thank you.
  • 30. faisal jamil said on 12/22/2010 2:01:04 AM
    hi i am faisal from pakistan i am running my garlic farm in pakistan. its very easy task it just need dedication. if anyone need any information i serve my experience i share every experience to any one. my email address in jamilfaisal@hotmail.com cell no +923149550007/+923005546007
  • 31. ajay kumar said on 12/25/2010 6:04:50 AM
    sir, i resides in a village in rewari district of haryana state where ground water (for irrigation) is little salty and temperature starts to rise in feb last week and keeps rising in the coming months and soil is sand type (like deserts)please tell me whether it will be right for garlic farming otherwise please suggest some other crop or fruit.
  • 32. vicky said on 1/1/2011 2:53:54 AM
    hi i am from stanger south africa. i am keen on garlic production. My farm has sufficient water and all soil types the temperatures range from 12 to 36 degree during winter and summer. please advise me when it should be planted and could give me a comprehensive guide from A-Z on garlic farming or could you suggest what books i can purchase. i am also keen on producing sweet potatoes all the above will apply.
  • 33. prashant said on 1/4/2011 2:32:23 AM
    prashant wake , waifad , wardha-442001 maharashtra , india. i want a total information including , soil condition , pest control and planting for garlic farming. so provide me needful information and guidance ...........waiting for ur reply
  • 34. Dr G Arumugam said on 1/9/2011 7:20:03 AM
    Dear Sir, Can you please send me a detailed proposal to grow garlic in South Indian climatic conditions we are keen to plant hem in larger areas. Dr G Arumugam
  • 35. Salihu I. said on 1/19/2011 7:21:06 AM
    I am reside in Sokoto, Northern part of Nigeria & am keen to start dry season farming of garlic & onion farming. I will appreciate if you could avail me with all the necessary information regarding soil conditions, planting procedures, pest control,fertilizer application etc, etc. (in short the A-Z of practicing the cultivation of Garlic & Onion.Thanks. Salihu I.
  • 36. Thanigaivel.R said on 1/24/2011 12:49:01 PM
    Sir , i need Some Clarification about Garlic Farm - about the season and soil and temperature - shall we plant in Tamil Nadu
  • 37. Stephen said on 2/4/2011 4:41:08 AM
    I am from kenya coast province and interested in garlic farming. Please can someone provide me with some useful information on garlic production.
  • 38. Sanjeev kumar parida said on 2/7/2011 7:05:06 AM
    Dear Sir, I am from Orissa India, i am interested for garlic farming in my village,kindly send me some valuable information like,what would be the turn over, good seed,how to start farming other valuable information that i can able to start it properly.Thanks,Sanjeev
  • 39. kagiso said on 2/9/2011 2:26:23 AM
    hi,i am in the beginning stages of starting a garlic farm in Botswana in a small village of mogobane near the capital city of Gaborone.please let me know soil requirements,whether and what are the selling prices of garlic.for my area what is the best type of garlic to grow? yhank you, kagiso
  • 40. harsha reddy said on 2/10/2011 12:06:16 PM
    hi,i am from andhra pradesh.could you tell me how much profit could be made out of garlic per acre
  • 41. OM SHARMA said on 2/19/2011 1:35:09 AM
    hi, i am from Rajasthan leaving in the desert district of Churu and i am interested to cultivate garlic farming in my village, kindly advice me how can i start the same the climate of our reason is very unpredictable in winter it touch low of 1 degree and in summer it is very high about 40+ degree also my farm is not have any facility for irrigation the soil is dry (desert type)please tell me whether it will be right for garlic farming or otherwise please suggest some other suitable and profitable crop. thx.
  • 42. samantha said on 2/20/2011 6:18:32 PM
    hi,i am from papua new guinea and am interested in garlic farming. i haven't seen garlic grown in large acres of land here in papua new guinea and so am interested to know more. here are my questions.
    1.how much water and fertilizer(rate)should i apply to the garlic crop?
    2.how many interval of application, both water and fertilizer?
    3.what effect will it have to the garlic crop?
    thank you.
  • 43. trilochan parida said on 3/30/2011 9:34:53 PM
    sir, i am in orissa of ganjam dist want to start farming with a piece of 5 acre land. for garlic farming, please suggest me what will be the cost of production and techniques.
  • 44. richard maundu said on 4/5/2011 1:55:50 PM
    hello!i would appreciate if you would give me tips on how to start garlic farming. i come from eastern province of kenya where temperatures vary from 20-30 degrees Celsius. thanks.
  • 45. qasim javed said on 4/29/2011 3:23:26 AM
    Hi, I am from lahore, Pakistan & m interested in garlic farming. Plz suggest me which land is best for garlic cultivation & what is the best season for that. Thanks.
  • 46. Faustine Constantine said on 5/5/2011 9:16:26 AM
    I am in Tanzania, Kilimanjaro region, I would like to start garlic farming in Mailisita Vilage & Hai District. I am so much interested on starting Garlic production / cultivation on he lnd of 18 acres, please Can I have details on the farming season, soils characteristics, stages,good species for business purposes, water requirements, economy of scale, please suggest me what will be the cost of production and techniques, the best season to plant,types of fertilizer & chemicals to be applied with respect to how many interval of application, soil conditions, planting procedures, for both water and fertilizer?, pest control,the likely draw back of its cultivation as a starter, soil requirements,whether and what are the selling prices of garlic.For my area what is the best type of garlic to grow / good seed? How much profit could be made out of garlic per acre and so forth,so please so provide me needful information and guidance. Your assistance is well appreciated. Thanks and Cheers.
  • 47. daniel giaw said on 5/5/2011 10:03:26 AM
    Hi this is daniel from ethiopia can you help how do i start garlic farm in small scale farming specially how i get seed ? thank you for your respond in advance.
  • 48. David Ngure said on 5/21/2011 6:11:03 AM
    I have a 3 acre farm in Naivasha where i would want to put under garlic. I am in the process of installing a drip irrigation system since the place is dry and soil sandy so lose moisture rapidly. Kindly advice how to go about it
  • 49. rajkumar singh said on 5/31/2011 1:49:51 AM
    how to start garlic forming and where purchase seed
  • 50. Dechassa Harbacho said on 6/13/2011 3:27:35 AM
    I AM Dechassa,from SOUTHERN part of ETHIOPIA I WOULD LIKE TO START GARLIC PRODUCTION ON HIGH LAND AREA.SO I WOULD LIKE YOUR ADVICE WHEN TO START,HOW TO GET SEED.THANK YOU
  • 51. REVOCATUS said on 6/14/2011 3:43:19 PM
    I am a Tanzanian living in Singida, a small scale farmer currently cultivating maize. I have 100 acres of land of which I want to start garlic farming. I will be happy if you will enrich my understanding on the following:- spacing between seedlings, fertilizer application, frequency of watering. I will be happy if you will send me downloadable materials with basic and advanced knowledge
  • 52. Tarisai said on 6/20/2011 5:13:57 AM
    I live on a 4.5 ha in Christonbank about 20km from Harare (Zimbabwe). i would want to start a garlic farm firstly i would like to know where to get the seeds in Zimbabwe & the market available around
  • 53. CHAMAN LAL ARORA said on 6/23/2011 10:26:07 AM
    I AM RETIRED ENGINEER HAVING 16 ACRES OF AGRI LAND IN DISTT. BAREILLY U.P.I WANT TO GROW GARLIC AT ABOUT 2 ACRES AREA.KINDLY HELP HOW TO PROCEED?
  • 54. merhawi fessehatsion said on 6/28/2011 12:27:00 PM
    i am merhawi fessehation from Eritrea. i do have a garden in my village. I have been leading my family from the profits i have been gaining from planting tomatoes. but now i find planting tomato is becoming unprofitable and laborious. thus i am in a need to shift in garlic production. so i am in a need of your help to guide me and give me the basic concepts in garlic production
  • 55. FELIX MWACHA said on 7/7/2011 2:49:12 PM
    I AM TANZANIAN LIVING AT ARUSHA REGION, PLS MAY ADVICE ME HOW TO CULTIVATE GARLIC FOR CLIMATE OF MY LAND ABOUT 4 ACRES, THE FERTILIZER, PESTICIDE AND QUANTITY OF KG PER ACRE NEEDED. THANKS
  • 56. anilkumar malde said on 7/14/2011 7:25:51 AM
    i am from kenya i have 100acre farm with bore hole in kitengela i want to do garlic farm can you guide me which soil and weather do require for garlic also ginger farming want to grow ginger as well
  • 57. Fidel said on 7/14/2011 9:10:47 AM
    I am in Johannesburg and have a 2hactare plot and would like to plant garlic and chilies. Can u help with a contact or place where i can get seedlings and professional advice. Thanks
  • 58. eyob said on 7/22/2011 4:27:40 AM
    hello.. i want to start a garlic farming would you please give me any advice or source of information .? thanks in advance. eyob
  • 59. kondongwe said on 7/27/2011 3:27:24 AM
    I am from Masvingo, Zimbabwe and have a 10 hectare plot with red soils. I would like to start farming garlic and i am interested in information concerning the soul type and growing season in zimbabwe as well as the fertilizers required. thank you
  • 60. Sisay Edecha said on 7/29/2011 7:47:38 AM
    I am from Ethiopia,want to farm garlic in the area where 55kms away from Addis Ababa; on dark soil.So if you have suggestion or/and technical advice please...
  • 61. Hellen cecil said on 8/1/2011 10:39:11 AM
    I am from Dar-es salaam Tanzania, i would like to start a garlic farm, can you please give me an advice in which environment like kind of soil, better season and what do i need to grow up the best garlic! your consideration ll be appreciated, thank you
  • 62. Smallscale said on 8/4/2011 7:52:44 AM
    Hi am smallscale farm director in kenya about 50km north of NAIROBI. Around thika town . I would like to know whether garlic can be grown here . Temperatures are sometimes as high as 28dc at the months of sep. & jan. At my farm some parts we have cotton soil and other parts we have red soil . Can garlic do well in such conditions ? Please advice.THANK YOU
  • 63. fitsum said on 8/4/2011 8:54:15 AM
    hello, my name is fitsum i live 720km north of addis ababa which is lalibela town. and i am planning to start garlic farming around September the temperature ranges between 27DC to 30DC so can you please help me with all kind of advise because i am new for this kind of business. thank you.
  • 64. sabura shara said on 8/9/2011 3:35:53 AM
    I am sabura from Ethiopia and i have a plan to start garlic farming. so please provide me with the full information how to start and make it profitable endeavor.thanks!
  • 65. helen wanjiku said on 8/20/2011 11:22:20 AM
    this is helen from Kenya and would like to grow garlic at Athi River. kindly advice me everything, Including planting, best varieties, Soils, Harvesting. thanks
  • 66. RITA EUGENIA NORDOR said on 8/26/2011 11:19:41 AM
    I am from GHANA, ACCRA and have a 10 hectare plot with LOAMY SOIL sited along the river. I would like to start farming garlic and i am interested in information concerning the soul type and growing season in GHANA as well as the fertilizers required. the weather here is cool from May to September and how to star. is bulb or stem. thank you
  • 67. Desmond Arendse said on 9/1/2011 7:17:06 AM
    I am living in Caledon South Africa,Western Cape.Struggling to find a piece of land to start a chicken eggs business.Garlic and onions.
  • 68. MICHAEL said on 9/8/2011 9:04:52 AM
    want to start a garlic paste production here in ethiopia. pls give me ideas how to start it.
  • 69. hari chapagain said on 9/13/2011 11:26:23 AM
    hi i am hari chapagain, from Eastern part of Nepal (Jhapa District). i am interested in garlic farming but i have no more idea how, where and when. and which seeds is suitable for my location.
  • 70. Tino Prinsloo said on 9/13/2011 11:49:32 AM
    I would like to know from a-z on garlic farming from the start how to prepare the soil. How to plant, do i plant in a plant form, how much is input cost per hectar. What is the profit on a hectar planted. I am in Polokwane, South Africa. Thank you.
  • 71. Thembani Nyirenda said on 9/17/2011 5:36:11 AM
    I leave in Zambia Lusaka to be specific. I have interest in growing Garlic on a commercial basis. Currently i have 12 acres of land in a good location as access to markets is easy. What is need is to now how best i can start a garlic farm. My vision is to go as far as value addition to the product. How can you be of help.My major interests include the number of times i can plant the crop in a given year and am interested information concerning the growing season in Zambia
  • 72. Mudassir Sial said on 9/20/2011 11:14:40 PM
    As slam o alekum. i am Mudassir from Pakistan and i want to grow garlic but unfortunately i have not enough literature about this....
  • 73. Tesfaye said on 9/23/2011 7:38:46 AM
    I am Ethiopian farmer. I need to start farming garlic in my one hectare plot. would you help me how to start my farm. I need the details such as plowing, planting, manuring/fertilizing, hoeing, harvesting and so on techniques. thank you
  • 74. somnath said on 9/28/2011 10:54:50 AM
    hi , i am somnath i am thinking to start a garlic plant . i stay in aurangabad distic, maharashtra, India. please guide me i will be thankful to ur good self. with regards, Somnath
  • 75. benjamin lyatuu said on 9/28/2011 3:20:26 PM
    i am tanzanian i want to know were in tanzania i can grow garlic and get a good result.
  • 76. samson ndolo said on 9/30/2011 3:17:51 AM
    Hi ,am kenyan with a farm in the eastern province (machakos)and would like to to know how to grow garlic.thanks
  • 77. louis said on 10/6/2011 8:20:22 AM
    high am from Tlokweng Botswana, already working on my proposal for garlic farming, need your assistance in terms of farming equipment and inputs suitable for garlic
  • 78. Yared said on 10/9/2011 8:42:26 AM
    Dear Sir, would like to start Garlic plantation in Hassana town 230km from Addis Ababa in the south west direction. Altitude of the area is between 2000 to 2200 and the temperature rises up to 24 deg. cels. The rain season starts on June and ends in the middle of September and then the spring starts, when the rain is on and off till november. The land is 1.3hectar and has been used to cultivate Wheat. The fertilizer which has been used since decades is DAP. and Malatine for weeds. I need your advice! Please!
  • 79. Ramesh Saini said on 10/10/2011 1:41:41 AM
    Dear Sir,i want to start Garlic farm in Kurukshetra(Haryana,INDIA). Please tell me better varieties of garlic & how i get high yield of garlic.
  • 80. BR Choudhary said on 10/14/2011 4:00:51 AM
    Dear Sir, I am farmer from India , State Rajasthan, Disttrict, Nagaur. I want grow Garlic at my farm. How many Ece and ECw for this crop. Plz convey. Yours BR Choudhary
  • 81. shailu said on 10/17/2011 1:49:42 AM
    need more info on garlic cultivation i m a starter. help me i m 4m maharashtra
  • 82. Chandra said on 10/26/2011 2:26:21 AM
    Dear sir, I intend to start a garlic farm, in Tamilnadu in India. I need to know the basics like, soil suitability, climatic requirement, farming requirements, economics of garlic farming, growth cycle, pesticides, etc. Shall be thankful for your inputs. Regards,
  • 83. trish said on 10/30/2011 3:52:54 AM
    Will garlic grow in Kloof Kzn South Africa. Although not so hot and humid as Durban our winter temp are never below freezing. I read you must plant garlic when it is -4C is that correct
  • 84. vanessa said on 10/30/2011 6:40:01 AM
    I am in grahamstown area and i am looking for a supplier of garlic
  • 85. Sammy G said on 11/7/2011 5:52:49 AM
    Hi, I'm interested in pursuing garlic farming. My farm is located in Nairobi. The soil is mostly Red and well drained. The average temperatures range from 15 degrees Celsius (Lows) to 26 degrees Celsius (highs)the main rainy seasons are in March - April (Short) and October to December (Long)Also let me know if it is possible to have them grown in a green house environment. Looking forward to hearing from you. :)
  • 86. Shailendra Singh Ranawat said on 11/9/2011 7:39:28 AM
    Hello, I am from Bhilwara district(Rajasthan, India). i want all the information that how to start garlic agriculture, and what precaution should take before its planting and how to firm the seeds and what the steps which are to be following and timing of cut the crop.. thanking you. Shailendra Singh Ranawat, (ranawat.shailen@gmail.com) (09314355511)
  • 87. Grace Orango said on 11/11/2011 8:37:59 AM
    I am a Kenyan from Homa Bay interested in garlic farming and I would like to know more about garlic farming from start to the end i.e.
    - How to prepare the soil?
    - Spacing between the plants?
    - How much input cost per hector?
    - What is the profit on a hector planted?
    - Where to get the best seeds.
  • 88. zorawar godara said on 11/13/2011 8:42:14 AM
    I have my agriculture land and have been growing cotton, rice and wheat. I am interested in diversifying in garlic cultivation. My canal irrigated land is in south western part of Punjab. Annual rainfall is around 20" and winter temperature is around 5C and summer is around 45C. Lately the subsoil water has risen and I have lost all my Kinnow orchards. Please advice me about alternative crops for better utilization of land.
  • 89. tess said on 11/14/2011 12:23:32 AM
    Hi! I'm Tess I want to start garlic farming in my home province please give me more tips and ideas on how to start and how to determine what kind of soil, and weather suitable in garlic farming, thanks and more power
  • 90. vishnu patidar said on 11/18/2011 9:01:56 PM
    please give me hitech cultivation technique of garlic and how to export it in meghalaya and kerala from my village bherawal dist shajapur madhya pradesh. Suggest me please.
  • 91. GINWELL YOOMA said on 12/11/2011 4:21:06 AM
    I would like information on how to grow garlic: from where i can get seed to plant, soil type, climatic/weather conditions required, fertilizers, chemicals to harvesting. Am from Choma, a town in Southern Province of Zambia. And also the possible markets. Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
  • 92. A M MALIK said on 12/12/2011 1:39:55 AM
    It is nice to see a very informative site with some very useful guide lines on Garlic Farming. I hail from from PAKISTAN,in Distict Sialkot, Punjab Province.I have started off with a medium size Garlic Farm this year. The temperature during the Crop Season remains between 2 to 36 degree Celsius. The soil is free draining and loose. However, this is my first experience in Garlic Farming therefore i will appreciate if i may please be guided to achieve optimum yield.Thanks.
  • 93. manish garg said on 12/12/2011 5:10:39 AM
    sir, we are from jabal pur , we have some agriculture land in near by 30 km. area. pls find , how can use my land in perfect & cash crops & make profitable land.
  • 94. umar mwidu said on 12/14/2011 1:04:26 PM
    Hi, i am greatly interested in growing garlic on large scale. i am ugandan living around the banks of lake victoria, a fresh-water lake. i am worried about the temperature ranges for garlic to grow. the temperature there is about 23 t0 27 degree Celsius while the altitude is about 1200m. The soil loamy. However, this is my first experience in Garlic Farming therefore i will appreciate if i may please be guided to achieve optimum yield. Thank you so much
  • 95. karimi said on 12/28/2011 1:28:38 AM
    Hi! am much interested to know how to grow garlic. please advice me where to get the seeds or what is used to plant garlic.am from kenya
  • 96. moffat maulidi said on 1/3/2012 3:58:50 AM
    i have a 3ha plot in harare 26km peg old bulawayo road i want to venture in to garlic production. the soil is loamy and i have grown tobacco for the past years and paprika. the land is ready and aim near a dam for watering. i need seed urgent and notes on how to grow garlic thank you
  • 97. Lucky Gunda said on 1/13/2012 4:04:55 PM
    hi. i'm a farmer in the blanket area mashonaland west province in zimbabwe. i'm interested in garlic production. also want to know where to get the seeds
  • 98. Ahsan Gondal said on 1/26/2012 8:01:17 AM
    Hi i'm ahsan from pakistan sargodha, I wanna start garlic farming, is it possible to contact no. of faisal jamil so i can discus abt his experience regarding garlic farming
  • 99. serge milo said on 2/6/2012 5:19:44 AM
    hi i'm serge from latvia. have a big plot of land and would like to grow garlic. If i could get some pointers and tips of you that would be great. thanks
  • 100. mallikarjun.r said on 2/6/2012 9:45:21 PM
    I have five acres of land in gulberga dist karnataka state and i want to start garlic farming so kindly advice me how to star Mallikarjun, 9980848716
  • 101. James odhiambo said on 2/25/2012 7:15:41 AM
    I do humbly request for information on where I can get best garlic seeds from. I live in Nairobi kenya and hope to plant garlic in my 4 Acres in south Nyanza, Ndiwa district. Please Assist me
  • 102. Ketema said on 2/28/2012 6:28:39 AM
    Hi there!!! i am ketema, from addis abeba-Ethiopia. i do have three projects on garlic production on regional village, oromia states. but i want to have info on profitable seeds,and where can i get the seeds? thanks!
  • 103. Elton Edward said on 3/9/2012 11:05:11 AM
    I am interested in starting garlic farming in Marondera, Zimbabwe. May you please assist with information on how i can start the farming business...thank you
  • 104. gichia azimio said on 3/18/2012 9:59:59 AM
    hi, i would be delighted to learn more on garlic production and marketing. how do i get superior quality cloves? how long do i have to store the cloves and at what kind of environment to facilitate the to start rooting and shooting? or do i plant the without subjecting them to any special treatment? please advice accordingly. am a novice in this field but so interested in this. thanks.
  • 105. Balakrishnareddy said on 3/20/2012 7:23:46 AM
    Hi This is balakrishna from Tirupathi. We will start garlic farming. Please help me how to farming garlic and also cost to implement garlic farming
  • 106. mesh said on 3/21/2012 8:01:19 AM
    I AM ETHIOPIAN GARLIC FARMER IN BALE,KEBIRA SHAYYA. BEING DYNAMIC IS GOOD FOR YOUR PROFIT FOR IT DEPENDS ON EXPERIENCE UPON YOUR SPECIFIC SEASONAL PRODUCTION TIMES. I URGE ALL TO SHARE OUR AREAL EXPERIENCES. ALSO USE COMPOST AND MECHANICAL WEEDING THAN CHEMICALS. DON GIVEUP!!
  • 107. Tijjani said on 3/27/2012 11:01:27 AM
    Hi, i am Tijjani, i live in Kaduna a northern part of Nigeria, i have interest in garlic production but lack the basic knowledge about the handling of this plant, please i am desperately in need of your assistance. Thanks looking forward for your kind assistance.
  • 108. Andre thomas said on 4/3/2012 3:54:54 AM
    I'm Andre from Tanzania, I live in Morogoro region,I would like to know common garlic, d'se, treatment, spacing, favorable climate condition ,spacing, how long does it take from sowing in seed bed to harvesting. Is there any seeds of garlic? What is the difference of using seeds and bulb as planting materials.
  • 109. martin mwenda said on 4/3/2012 6:17:14 AM
    i am a small scale farmer based in kenya, east africa, eastern province,and would like to practice garlic farming. please assist me on how to go about it .thank you
  • 110. mabel maribell said on 4/4/2012 12:47:10 PM
    i want 2 begin to plant garlic, am in uganda, give me help, please.
  • 111. chakravarthi said on 4/10/2012 2:49:02 PM
    Hi, i have been in farming at naivasha region. i would like to go for garlic and ginger farming in the same region or any other parts in kenya/uganda, would you advice me about profitability and same time can i over come chinese quality. Regards chakravarthi
  • 112. rodney mwasha said on 4/12/2012 12:18:02 PM
    i'm small scale farmer i am staying in tanzania near to Dares salaam i'm interested in growing garlic onion please assist me on relevant material on this thanks
  • 113. Savinder Singh said on 4/15/2012 12:59:33 AM
    HI, i am keen to start a business with garlic. here soil is sandy and water is moderate for the crop. please give me the suggestion. Bhiwani, Haryana, India.
  • 114. feleke wolde said on 4/17/2012 3:34:44 AM
    Hi, I am on the way to start a business with garlic near Addis Aababa, Ethiopia so p/s advise me about good seed and the profitability. Thanks
  • 115. knowledge mushandu said on 4/17/2012 7:20:01 AM
    i'm in Nelspruit S. Africa. May you beef me up with the following information about garlic farming: suitable season; inrow & inter row spacing ; where i can get the seed; fertilizers to apply.
  • 116. gary sigretto said on 4/19/2012 11:56:40 AM
    Owenton, KY Have a few acres of rich low acidic plowed ground just waiting for the garlic crop to be planted. Water and proper drainage is available at this location. Also the labor to make this a reality is motivated. Some basil is in a neighboring plot area. Garlic is needed to finish this Italian Farm. Can you furnish me with any help in getting the garlic in the ground. Thanks, Gary Sigretto
  • 117. purity kagunda said on 4/23/2012 7:10:51 AM
    I live in Kikuyu Kabete County - Just started Garlic with a number of lines - I not sure with the changes in weather now & then they will reach Maturity -Do I require any Fertilize for the plant?
  • 118. Yonas said on 5/20/2012 7:47:19 AM
    hi, I have a small size 2 hectare farm, planning to grow garlic, my canal irrigated land is located in Ethiopia, the rain season starts on June and ends in the middle of September, can you please provide me about the season, good fertilizers, spacing between the plants and so on.... Thanking u in advance.
  • 119. mohamed Ibrahim said on 5/31/2012 4:41:14 PM
    wanting to start a small garlic garden as first time trial.What soils,altitudes,temperatures apply?How do i start over? i have no ideas and havnt seen it done.i live in Ethiopia,Kenya bordering.I need full advice, manuals e.tc. Best regards.
  • 120. ALLY said on 6/1/2012 5:14:34 AM
    I'M IN SOUTH AFRICA, MPUMALANGA PROVINCE, IN BUSHBUCKRIDGE WHERE I WANT TO START GARLIC FARM. BUT I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE CLIMATE CONDITIONS OF THIS AREA, IT IS USUALLY WARM AROUND HERE.
  • 121. Janet Bwari said on 6/5/2012 12:44:55 AM
    Hi. I am from Kenya from Kisii. In Kisii we grow tea, pyrethrum and all other cash crop. I am interested in starting a Garlic farm. Please guide me on how to grow it and advice if my climate in Kisii can withstand. Thank you.
  • 122. Pierre C. Deshommes said on 6/10/2012 3:54:47 PM
    The Cultivation of the Garlic will be done in the Caribean Islands, especially in Limbe, the Northern Parts of Haiti,W.I.. I am waiting for your instructions. Pierre C. Deshommes, COnsultant
  • 123. patrick said on 7/2/2012 11:53:35 AM
    i would like to grow garlic in my two acre plot please assist me
  • 124. FILDER ATEK said on 7/4/2012 10:38:13 AM
    I'm in Gulu Northern part of Uganda and would like to start a garlic farm. What should I do please advise me.
  • 125. Tumusingize Papius said on 7/9/2012 10:47:25 AM
    I am in wakiso district central part of uganda and i would like to start garlic farm. please advise me accordingly and tell me about the market.
  • 126. David Naibei said on 7/12/2012 9:03:04 AM
    M in mt. Elgon, nearing Bungoma town, in Kenya. I planted 1 acre of garlic on April 19 2012, i have done weeding twice, i planted with a 50kg fertilizer, on 5 july 2012, i top dressed and i expect to harvest at the end of August 2012. After harvesting i can use the same harvested as seeds, which i will plant next year April. M looking for market, and for more info. Contact. +254711557140.
  • 127. Sharyl Falk said on 7/14/2012 2:29:12 PM
    I live in Southern California, USA, can I grow garlic in this area? I would like to start a business growing gourmet garlic if possible.
  • 128. Walter Jacan Odota said on 7/19/2012 4:54:25 PM
    Am a ugandan and interested in the growing of garlic, however, we have two growing seasons and two dry seasons. Can you advise accordingly as this is a very paying and profitably venture to engage in
  • 129. gauav rishi said on 7/22/2012 9:38:41 AM
    hellos SIR/MADAM, i am interested in starting a seasonal business and i m residing in ludhiana(punjab). kindly suggest me any business. action of your kindness will be highly appreciated. warm regards, Gaurav Rishi
  • 130. Daniel munhe said on 8/1/2012 11:22:57 AM
    can garlic do well in places like nyahururu in kenya
  • 131. joel dadap said on 8/3/2012 2:50:47 PM
    I am looking to have a small garlic plantation in my home land philippines. now.. my most worry is the kind of weather we have. hot, humid and longer rainy season. I am deeply serious of getting this garlic plantation due to a shortage supply back home. your guidance and advise is highly appreciated. regards of all. kiot katirok.
  • 132. GAKENATSALA DIKGADIKWANE said on 8/5/2012 1:06:54 PM
    Hi, i am Gakenatsala from Botswana. i want to grow garlic at my garden plot near Kubung Village in Kweneng District. i needed your help please, I need to submit my business proposal to the bank, please help me with the sample business plan. I have 21 hectares of land to grow garlic, I need a sample business plan to source some funds to drill the borehole and kick start the project. I need a complete document including market, projections, buying and selling price, import and export, etc.
  • 133. victor munyao said on 8/15/2012 7:13:47 AM
    Hi, am in kenya, makueni county. i'm planing to start irrigation of galic. i had a very good harvest of onions & tomatoes last month the climate is hot but in oct - december its cold .please help
  • 134. firoz mohammad said on 8/16/2012 5:44:04 AM
    please provide the of details incurring cost for the area of one hactere of land. do suggest if any other crop can be grown with garlic. my land is in uttar pradesh. town name is milak.
  • 135. Motilal said on 8/25/2012 9:05:01 AM
    Dear Sir, I want to start Garlic business , I am totally new. I don't know any thing about it. My idea is to Purchase at the time of new corp arrives in wholesale Market and to sell after five six month when there is no corp. So Please suggest me in which state I should purchase. When should I purchase and where to store purchased Garlic. And What is the write time I should sale. Also suggest me How to purchase in APMC market & how to sale . Should I need any broker for that.I am staying in Mumbai , Maharashtra . India. Regards, Motilal
  • 136. Rungano Nyamukondiwa said on 8/31/2012 3:29:46 PM
    I am in Zimbambwe and am interested in Growing and selling Garlic even for an export market. I would be interested in knowing all the information you can assist me with, from the basic, thus land requirement, season, market,etc. Help greatly appreciated.
  • 137. Million amde said on 9/1/2012 1:12:24 PM
    Hi, i'm millionaire from Ethiopia live near to Addis Ababa and i'm interested to know types of disease that affect garlic plant and how can treated them in order to get quality products. i'm so glad to say thank you.
  • 138. Margaret Mushonga said on 9/3/2012 1:48:10 PM
    I am growing in Mashonaland Central-Shamva Zimbabwe I want grow garlic so I need information on varieties, climate and soil type, planting, fertilizers, common pests and diseases, when to grow it and any relevant information on garlic production.
  • 139. Nsajigwa katungila said on 9/6/2012 2:34:21 PM
    I am Nsajigwa katungila From Morogoro, Tanzania. I'm interested in garlic production but i haven't enough literature on this field although go through different agriculture training. Please I need your help.
  • 140. Karega Maka said on 9/13/2012 4:38:48 AM
    I am Mr. Karega Maka from dry upland of Mkomazi in Tanga region, Tanzania. I'm interested in garlic production on commercial scale but do not have the technology and general information on on varieties, climate and soil type, planting, fertilizers, common pests and diseases, when to grow it and any relevant information on garlic production. Please I need your help.
  • 141. govindarajan. said on 9/13/2012 11:06:00 AM
    sir, i want to grow garlic , ginger and turmeric in polyhouse, Please let me know whether this is possible. If possible what are the precaution to be taken ? where I shall get the seeds and what are the fertilization schedule. I live in kerala , India. thanks
  • 142. WINNIE MOTAUNG said on 9/14/2012 1:48:52 PM
    Hi, My name is Winnie Motaung. Will you kindly assist me with supportive information with regards to planting garlic and ginger. I want to start growing herbs but i do not have a clue on how to start. I live in South Africa and have a 2hector land. thanks.
  • 143. Antony said on 9/15/2012 2:18:10 PM
    Am from Kenya central region, please help with more information about garlic farming. thank you
  • 144. syed shahbuddin said on 9/18/2012 8:36:33 AM
    dear sir as u know my name how can i start my own business of garlic from purchasing of garlic from former in ap can u give the perfect address which place and town and dist
  • 145. Bongomin Morris Benjamin said on 9/20/2012 6:08:19 AM
    I live in Gulu, Uganda. I have plan to grow garlic at a commercial level on about two acre land. Could you guide me on how I can demarcate the plots so I can get ample return. I would also want to know whether there are different spices of the crop.
  • 146. bisenebit wondim said on 9/21/2012 3:31:06 AM
    I live in Ethiopia. I have plan to start garlic farming in my own business. I have three acre of land. Could you guide me on how I can start, harvest and store the garlic crop.
  • 147. Dr Petros Nyakunu said on 10/1/2012 9:20:35 AM
    i am based in Kampala (Uganda) and am desirous to grow giant garlic. Please assist.
  • 148. Que BUI said on 10/4/2012 12:02:22 AM
    Dear Sir, I am Bui. I am living in South of Vietnam where its weather is tripocal. I can start with garlic farming? I really want to research and start business with garlic. Pls assist me. My email: ngocquetm3@yahoo.com. Thank you
  • 149. Sebego M kgosi said on 10/5/2012 6:15:44 AM
    I am writing from GABORONE in Botswana. I have a Small Holding some 15 to 20 Kilomoters north of Gaborone. I would very much like to venture into Garlic Farming. Your advice and guidance regarding starting from scratch would be very much appreciated. In essence, besides the land, which I already have, what else would I need to take off in a sustainable manner? Thank you. Sebego M Kgosi Tel : +267 392 5785 - Mobile +267 713099533; +267 73402709; +267 72571538
  • 150. jagruthi said on 10/6/2012 1:07:28 AM
    can you give me the detail information on garlic cultivation in greenhouse and about which type of greenhouse, whats the cost of cultivation, market demand for the greenhouse garlic, profit when compared with open field cultivation.
  • 151. Rose Adam Mbala said on 10/12/2012 7:05:24 AM
    I am Tanzanian woman from Dar es salaam. I would like information on how to grow garlic, which type of soil is preferable, climate/weather and conditions required. I highly appreciated and thank you in advance for your assistance. Rose
  • 152. Carl Innocenzi said on 10/15/2012 2:42:07 AM
    I am in weber county utah, 84401. I would like some information on the best variety of garlic that sells very well at a good price. A conosoure garlic if you will. what are the ten most profitable varieties? Thank You
  • 153. Stephen ECwinyu said on 10/17/2012 4:25:25 AM
    I am located in Soroti, and in planning to start garlic production on micro irrigation 500 sqm within the town plots and on 10 acres out of town. Advice, as see this as a very profitable venture. The market is wide and extends up to Southern Sudan. Waiting for your advice, Stephen
  • 154. Sabastian Nzioka said on 10/21/2012 4:51:44 AM
    I would like to start garlic farm at kangundo in Kenya. kindly advice on how to grow and how to get the planting materials.
  • 155. pieter said on 10/31/2012 2:57:47 PM
    please send me as much as possible info on garlic farming regards Pieter
  • 156. Kudakwashe Chinake said on 11/5/2012 5:22:48 AM
    I would like to grow garlic at small plot in Mutoko, which is 150km east of our capital, Harare in Zimbabwe. i am looking for information about garlic farming. Please, may you kindly advice on how to grow and how to get the planting materials.
  • 157. atim frances said on 11/12/2012 8:02:48 AM
    i would like to know how and when can garlic be grown in northeastern Uganda?
  • 158. Ward said on 11/21/2012 3:39:22 AM
    Hi I am Ward I live in Thabazimbi (Limpopo province),it is extremely hot here but we have between one and five HA of futile soil at my disposal. I was thinking of planting garlic this December, but after reading the article I'm not sure. Do you have any recommendations and or advice. may thanks Ward
  • 159. Daniel Njenga said on 11/21/2012 4:49:21 AM
    Hey i'm njenga from Lamu in kenya, i would like to get relevant information on garlic farming particularly under irrigation.
  • 160. BD Joshi said on 11/25/2012 3:52:40 PM
    Sir, I live in Taxas State {Dallous) USA and interested to know the showing season for garlic in my kitchen garden. Please advice the time month for showing the garlic bulbs in the garden. THANKS & awaiting early reply
  • 161. Theary Meng said on 11/29/2012 3:58:36 AM
    I am Theary meng, Cambodian, want to start garlic farm. You say garlic can plant on Oct to Feb, but this time my region no rain. Could i do it? Onemore, i want to study garlic farm first before starting, do you know where should i go in Vietnam? Thank
  • 162. sera mugo said on 12/7/2012 4:23:37 AM
    Hi, I would like to start garlic growing in Nairobi and mombasa Kenya, where I have 2 acres of land in both areas. Kindly advice on seeds availability and conditions for both areas. Mombasa is high attitude 28-32 degrees and Nairobi is 20-27 degrees. Thanks God bless
  • 163. Lebogang G Tlhagwane said on 12/13/2012 8:14:52 AM
    hi great farmers, my name is Lebogang Grace Tlhagwane,Botswana, staying at Mochudi village, i want to start my own garlic business, i like farming too much, please help me
  • 164. Zippy said on 12/17/2012 11:10:11 PM
    Hi, I would like to grow garlic in kitale, Kenya. Request guidelines please. Zippy. Nairobi, Kenya.
  • 165. jhantu layek said on 12/30/2012 11:08:24 PM
    hi my name is jhantu, and I am thinking to start a business in garlic . I am living in bankura (w .b ) . so please provide me a help full information in this business . regards , jhantu
  • 166. Dr Swai E N W said on 1/2/2013 4:45:59 AM
    Need contact with @REVOCATUS who wants to grow garlic in Singida. I am in Moshi and willing to help. Thanks
  • 167. Sam Kioko said on 1/7/2013 5:57:13 AM
    I wish to do Garlic Farming in Kenya, Makueni County, which is a horticultural area. How possible is it to do garlic farming in this region. Please provide sufficient information on garlic farming from seedlings, preparing the ground to harvesting. Thanks.
  • 168. kamran said on 1/16/2013 12:05:30 AM
    my name is kamran from pakistan, city lahore, actually i am thinking to start any small business which suit according to the environment of lahore specially in summer, can anyone guide and help me ? any business idea? any tact? kindly need expert support kamransaeedanwar@gmail.com
  • 169. Sinovuyo said on 1/16/2013 6:50:51 AM
    I am from South africa in the eastern cape just along the Ocean i am also interested in the garlic Farming is it marketable or can it grow in my area
  • 170. paul wright said on 1/20/2013 7:32:26 AM
    i have 4 hectors of land in stellenbosch western cape . i would appreciate any information on the subject of garlic farming Regards
  • 171. paul said on 1/28/2013 11:16:25 AM
    Hi, i am writing from Mombasa, Kenya. i am interested in investing in a garlic farming project. however, i posses very scanty information on the same. kindly provide me with information to help me move on. Thank you.
  • 172. Afolabi Morufu said on 2/3/2013 9:16:16 AM
    I am a Nigerian; I am living in the southwest geopolitical zone of the country. I have about 10 acres of land interested in garlic farming. I want you to kindly advice me on: how to grow, how to preserve and how to market the garlic so as to make huge profit from it. I will also like you to include the type of soil requires to grow garlic as well as where it can be best sell. Thanks
  • 173. Afolabi Morufu said on 2/3/2013 9:41:34 AM
    My farm land locates along Inisha Railway Station,Ikirun, Osun State
  • 174. Maame Afia Owusua said on 2/8/2013 6:11:25 PM
    I have 20 acres of arable land with water, my farming business is in Nsawam, Eastern Region, Ghana.
  • 175. FELIX JOSEPH said on 2/9/2013 4:30:21 AM
    HI SIR/MADAM, I LIVING TANZANIA ARUSHA REGION, I LIKE TO START GARLIC GARDEN, IN MY AREA ARUSHA, MY SOIL IS GLAY SOIL DOWN ZONE, MAY YOU SEND ME THE LECTURE TO HELP ME. THANKS
  • 176. Dr J K Nigam said on 2/13/2013 12:53:32 PM
    Hi any one interested to get quality garlic bulb for seed from India? May contact to us at jitendraknigam@gmail.com
  • 177. TUMUSIIME JOHN said on 2/18/2013 10:06:49 AM
    i would like to start garlic farming in uganda, how best would you advise me on it
  • 178. Mike said on 2/19/2013 5:59:02 AM
    I would like to grow garlic on a large scale in Uganda please advise
  • 179. mangeni david said on 2/21/2013 3:13:54 AM
    i want to begin garlic farming what are the best seeds and how can i access them. how long should i prepare the bed before planting
  • 180. sandeep said on 2/28/2013 3:41:27 AM
    I stay in orissa, wanted to know details about garlic cultivation like per acre cost of production, yield per acre, best period to do etc...
  • 181. Agnes Namuli said on 3/4/2013 3:00:47 AM
    I stay in Mbale eastern part of Uganda, i would like to start garlic farming but i have no idea, please advice from where to buy seedlings, cultivation cost of production per acre to taking care of the crop.
  • 182. imran ali sayed said on 3/14/2013 11:46:19 AM
    Hi I would like to grow garlic in rajasthan in, jaipur. Kindly guide Warm regards, Imran a sayed
  • 183. elhadji sid said on 3/20/2013 3:30:54 PM
    Hi I am from Dakar Senegal and I would like to farm garlic. Thanks for any helpful guidance.
  • 184. Pintu said on 3/23/2013 4:55:47 AM
    hi sir i am from ratlam (m.p.) india. i need guideline for garlic agri with technical agri in garlic....
  • 185. Prabhjot Ahluwalia said on 4/11/2013 6:52:20 AM
    I have a small Farm Land in District Hoshairpur, Punjab, India. Land is semi sandy and the temperature ranges between 8 to 12 C in the month of December till Feb. It is between 18 to 35 c mid April. Thereafter it is between 35 to 40 c till September. Is it possible to grow good quality Garlic in these conditions. Please advise. Thanks, Prabhjot
  • 186. k.owusu said on 4/24/2013 7:41:28 AM
    kindly advice type of garlic and soil type for cultivating garlic in Techiman Ghana
  • 187. hashim said on 5/4/2013 2:41:23 PM
    hi, i'm interested in garlic farming, pls give idea how to start. i'm living in india, kerala state/hashi_spike@yahoo.com
  • 188. Samuel Kamau said on 5/5/2013 12:52:15 AM
    Sam from kiambu County. want to do small scale garlic farming and also want to know the different garlic varieties, their maturity durations and suitability to be grown in this area. thank you for your information.
  • 189. Artis Cirulis said on 5/7/2013 6:44:18 AM
    Hello, I have 10 000 sq.feet land for garlic growing in Latvia, 1 hour ride from capital city - Riga. Please give me advice how I could get some aid funds and big quantity buyers. Best regards
  • 190. ronnie makhado said on 5/23/2013 7:34:59 AM
    advice on how to start a garlic farming. season, requirements, the land is about 8 hectares. area is limpopo, city polokwane
  • 191. Johan said on 6/4/2013 10:34:19 AM
    A few questions: Will the northwest and gauteng region be suitable weather wise to farm garlic?
  • 192. Mangesh Shinde said on 6/9/2013 4:47:07 AM
    Hi, I am Mangesh Shinde From Nashik, Maharashtra. Farm of 10 Acers, 26Kms away from Nashik on Mumbai Highway. Please give in detail information of ginger plantation and finished products (ginger powder/paste)detailed project report.
  • 193. Alice said on 6/10/2013 5:23:52 AM
    I am Alice from Kajiando which a very hot climate and am interested in growing garlic. Where can I get the seeds and which care is expected? Please give me the full information.
  • 194. Paul sigei said on 6/13/2013 1:45:53 PM
    Hi? Am in Ololulunga in Narok county Kenya and I do grow garlic, and am asking Alice to contact me for the seeds. The only thing which may make you fail is the environment you come from, though you can still take a risk and irrigate your groups.
  • 195. steve said on 6/27/2013 3:53:02 AM
    Hello all. I am a garlic grower here in USA for 5 years... I can answer your questions you may have.. send me an email. at sar446@yahoo.com.. if you have a bug enough venture I may partner with you as I love to travel and I'm looking to move/ expand operations... good day, Stevd
  • 196. george kanyi said on 6/27/2013 9:11:36 PM
    hi paul sigei, i am interested in garlic farming, please advise on soil conditions, watering, fertilizers, and sourcing good seed. I am in thika and also in kajiado areas. Contact me on 0710271111.
  • 197. muriuki said on 7/11/2013 6:09:42 AM
    Hi' am based in embu county kenya and interested in garlic farming. assist in i.e getting quality seeds soil preparations etc
  • 198. Bob said on 7/18/2013 8:02:19 AM
    Hi, i am based in Mubende, Uganda, were can i source for good quality garlic seeds. also i need more information about the conditions to get the best harvest. Best regards
  • 199. florence kinyera said on 7/29/2013 9:03:58 AM
    I would like to start growing garlic in uganda, where can i buy the seeds and how do i plant it? i would like to know the conditions needed to plant garlic.
  • 200. mumtaz said on 7/30/2013 6:23:03 AM
    I have also been looking for information re: Large scale garlic growing in Uganda. Please contact Kawanda Research Center for better and improved Garlic Seeds and seedlings. Alternatively, you may need to contact one of their out reach officers on; 0773 190 127 or 0703100891 - Ssemambo Patrick. He is very very knowledge and can also advice on the best crops to grow in a certain area after taking the PH soil testing. In due course, he visits and advices farmers on how and what to do for better breeds etc....