How to Start EMU Bird Farming

There is enriched history of 80 million years since when EMU birds resided in the Australian region and many other parts of the glob. As members of ratite family of birds such birds along with ostrich, rhea, cassowary and kiwi make great combination.

Starting EMU bird farming is easier than said if perfect plan is made which goes with the system. Thorough research is important for establishing bird farming.

emu bird farming

Apply innovation for making EMU birds farming grand success. Be particular for creating feasible environment for farming birds. These birds have stronger legs which help them for fast running. Though exclamatory but the fact is that EMU birds run for 40 miles in an hour. Proper research about habits and living of such birds make you aware of the facts related with them before donning into this business. Your planning must start by developing proper strategy by following which you expand your business operation. Being part of cursorial group EMU birds need special treatment in farming.

Bird Type

There are several typical features which differentiate EMU birds from the rest. They have three forward pointing toes and underside of each is flat with broad pad. Differentiation between male and female birds is done on the basis of throbbing drum practice of female category and grunting by their male counterparts. Whistling by male EMU birds is common phenomenon. You must know breeding techniques of EMU birds for better understanding. Such birds lay an egg every 3 to 5 days during breeding and laying season that usually comes from October to April. It is a period when farm owners have to take special care of whole stuff with more clarity and careful planning.

Eggs of EMU Birds

A unique feature of EMU bird eggs is their dark green color. Often female birds lay egg every 3 to 5 days. When female bird lays eggs male covers them with leaves, grass, straw and other things available to begin the incubating process. Business owners must do thorough research about special breeding process and implement it in farming. EMU farmers pick up eggs in farms and arrange electric incubator where they put collected eggs. When male birds are kept there to hatch required arrangement of food and water is mandatory.

Business Strategy

Starting birds business is a unique venture. When you specialize it through opening EMU birds business you need further exploration and planning. Such planning starts by understanding this bird. The pad of fat on the back of EMU bird and its unique features has to be understood. How they differ from the rest? Feathers of EMU birds are unique. Primary and secondary feathers are equal in length and don’t have two shafts. Availability of barbs separates them without interlocking to form firm vanes. Loose and hair-like body covering of these birds makes them unique.

• How to Start a Rabbit Supply Store
    Why not a unique business where the competition is low - Yes, Starting a Rabbit Supply Business will be a rare one to get you huge profit. Want to know about Bunny Supply Store Business?
  • Organic Goat Farming
    Organic goat farming is becoming more and more popular especially for people looking for healthy products. Raising organic goat is not easy but as long as you want to be successful you have to have a lot of patience and do hard work.

• 1. erasto said on 2/15/2010 7:11:56 AM
    please help how can i make a biz plan for emu birds farming-sam from DAR TANZANIA
  • 2. Nandini Vasaikar said on 3/5/2010 4:23:45 AM
    i have 2000sqft of land at kelva road station, thane. please help me to start emu farming.....
  • 3. shekhar said on 3/11/2010 9:14:33 AM
    hi i am shekhar mailing from sangareddy from andhra pradesh i want a project report so tat i can apply for loan in banks
  • 4. pradip thutte said on 3/18/2010 6:46:59 AM
    My budget of 5 to 6 lacs, place in Buldana district(mah.)want to start with 20 pairs. what are market price of emu eggs now and minimum price if market slowdown?
    - whom I have to contact for selling eggs is there any supply chain? and how it works they come to farm for eggs or its owner responsibility?
    - what is the price got farmer in hand and actual price in market?
    - where is nearby market for me?
  • 5. b.thulasi said on 3/24/2010 4:48:15 AM
    I want to start emu bird firm with 20 Birds. Please give me the project details for this. place is gummidipoondi(nearby chennai city)
  • 6. kvvs subash said on 3/29/2010 8:38:56 PM
    business location: at tallarevu, near kakinada, east godavari dist, andhrapradesh, india. i have a site measuring 80ft*120ft. side by i am running fly ash blended bricks, it makes sound while manufacturing, quarry dust, flyash, sand etc are stored near by. my doubt is whether sound from this industry will disturb the growing and laying stage or while breeding stage, whether i can go a head with this physical structure around. the other side is greenish trees are surrounded to this above said site. also on north side there is godavari canal floating. thus give me best suggestion. thank you.
  • 7. gnana sampath said on 3/30/2010 9:22:12 AM
    i want to start EMU farm with 10 pairs. please give me complete details, how much area we need. how much the investment, where we want to collect the emu. how is the marketing, etc. place located at pollachi (village) coimbatore. please help me sir
  • 8. Dr.R.S.Sipai beginner adviser said on 4/5/2010 10:52:34 AM
    Dr.R.S.Sipai, Managing Director, Veteran consultant. I can convince the farmers of gujarat for this project, send me detail of it.
  • 9. lakshman said on 4/6/2010 1:55:39 AM
    hi i am lakshman from kalwakurthy from andhrapradesh i want project report to start emu birds farm & i can apply for loan in bank.
  • 10. praveen said on 4/6/2010 2:41:02 AM
    like to start EMU farming near tirupathi. kindly let me know the details like land req. investment, costings buy back option if any and any other details. thanking you in anticipation. regards praveen
  • 11. M.Rajender said on 4/9/2010 12:10:19 PM
    Hi i am rajender from warangal A.P. I want to start EMU farming in wgl kindly let me know the details like land req, investment & Bank loan.
  • 12. deepa said on 4/13/2010 5:20:32 AM
    Hi i have 5000 sq feet land and i wish to start emu farm in Vellakoil erode, tamilnadu. kindly tell me a loan facility Thank you
  • 13. Rahul said on 4/15/2010 2:11:07 AM
    Hi I want to know the appropriate housing conditions for emu farming. Similarly, the housing pattern type of houses floor space requirements of emu's in different age groups
  • 14. Rishikesh A Jadhav said on 4/15/2010 11:55:59 AM
    like to start EMU farming near wai (At po Asale Tal Wai Dist Satara) let me know the details like land req. investment and any other company offer investment
  • 15. Vinod,K,Lavu said on 4/17/2010 1:22:34 AM
    This is vinod.K.Lavu, i want to start EMU farming Near guntur, Andhra Pradesh, i want project report and advices for Bank Lone, Thanks & regards, vinod.K.Lavu
  • 16. HARI MOYYI said on 4/17/2010 7:06:33 AM
    This is Hari Moyyi, i want to start EMU farming Near Vizag/Vijayanagaram, Andhra Pradesh, I want project report and advices for Bank Loans, Please suggest me on this. This very Help full. Thanks & regards, HARI MOYYI +91 95733 45999 / +91 92 93 94 5 999
  • 17. nilesh pingale said on 4/19/2010 5:18:01 PM
    Hi, i'm Nilesh, i want to start emu project in kurdus alibag maharashtra india so give me suggestion about all the procedure in this project
  • 18. shekhar said on 4/20/2010 11:06:30 AM
    Hello! I am from nagar taluka of Ahmednagar district of maharashtra state, want to start EMU birds business, please forward project report and government schemes and subsidies for EMU business. very thanks.........
  • 19. k v krishna kumar said on 4/20/2010 12:24:25 PM
    Dear sir, I am having agricultural land of 38 cents in Ottapalam, Palakkad District, Kerala with water facility. Kindly advice me that how can I start a Emu bird farm and the required finance etc., at the earliest please. I may also kindly be advised with how many pairs of Emu chicks/ birds I can start the farm though I am looking forward to own more land in Ottapalam for the same purpose.
  • 20. k v krishna kumar said on 4/20/2010 12:36:47 PM
    Presently I am in Goa and I am scheduled to retire in the year 2013. Before my retirement, I am planning to start a Emu bird farm in my native place Ottapalam, Palakkad District, Kerala State in my 38 cent land which I am extending to 100 cents ( ONE ACRE). I may also kindly be advised about Emu birds care taken and farming apart from intimating the kind of land & facilities required for the same.
  • 21. IQBAL DHANANI said on 4/25/2010 3:44:40 AM
    Dear Sir, My friend having agricultural land in Bharuch District-GUJARAT. Water facilities are available. He wants to start EMU FARMING. Please advise me How to start Emu Farming. Regards. IQBAL
  • 22. nitin shingate said on 4/26/2010 1:47:21 AM
    pls. help me to start a emu farm in my home town kolhapur taluka gadhinglaj sso plz . tell me which bank provide a loan
  • 23. p.sam christopher said on 4/26/2010 3:21:16 PM
    i want know about the bank loan to this emu bird farming, dharapuram , Tripur dt, Tamil nadu india
  • 24. Aravind G said on 4/27/2010 1:44:15 AM
    Hi, this is Aravind, currently working with ICICI Bank, Hyderabad. I would like to start my own business, where I can earn a good amount of returns. I am more interested in Farming EMU Birds plant. Request you all to provide me the complete information about the business. I am really thankful, if somebody sends me the project report on the same. My preferred place to start EMU Farm is a small village, which is very close to Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India. Contact No: 96764 12227.
  • 25. sureshbabu said on 4/27/2010 12:59:59 PM
    Hi, suresh from Amalapuram, East Godavari Dt, Andhra Pradesh , we have 1 acre horticulture(coconut), plz brief business opportunities at my place, selling of products etc
  • 26. katta pavankumar said on 5/1/2010 4:08:50 AM
    hi, i want to start emu bird farm with 20 Birds. Please give me the project details for this. & i want know about the bank loan and A.P Govt Can give Subsidy to this emu bird farming, place is Ramachandrapuram(nearby kakinada city), Andhrapradesh, india
  • 27. sandeep said on 5/1/2010 6:17:23 AM
    i am from lakkavaram near jangareddygudem in westgodavari district of andhra pradesh. i am willing to start emu farming what is the money needed to start it. can you give the specifications off all the products of emu with ins price.
  • 28. goutham said on 5/2/2010 1:19:13 PM
    hi. i am going to start emu bird farm, with 15 pairs. i required the clear plan (area, diet, price, insurance). if any finance loan provided also.
  • 29. A.Hyderali said on 5/6/2010 5:22:13 AM
    I am from Chennai near guindy. i am willing to start emu farming. i want to know about where is the emu farm near us to buy and how much cost spend for it. how many acres of land should be needed. how to start emu farm. kindly advise me.
  • 30. Abdul Kuddus Khan said on 5/6/2010 7:49:45 AM
    I want to start the EMU farming business in Madhya Pradesh. Please contact me as I want to buy around 20 Pairs of EMU. You can contact me on 9827206787
  • 31. sushma said on 5/6/2010 11:31:01 AM
    i am interested to purchase agri land in maharashtra & start Emu Farm near pune. Please give me good suggestions as many as u can, as many as u have..
  • 32. Gurbir Singh Sandhu said on 5/8/2010 1:27:12 AM
    I want to start the EMU farming business in Punjab, Distt Fatehgarh Sahib. I have 20 Acre of land. Please contact me as I want to start in one Acre Land. Water is not a problem. You can contact me on 09417810647.
  • 33. Puneet Singla said on 5/8/2010 11:13:47 AM
    I am residing @ Chandigarh, UT, Punjab, India. I want to open a EMU Farm as presently I am running Poultry Farm of 70,000/- birds. I want full Information about its Project. (Cost of the Chick, What they eat, Where we sell them for Raw Meat; for feathers; their Oil; Eggs etc.) OR How we get Oil from them & where it to sell. Plz Contact me +91 9888 88 2100
  • 34. ramakrishna said on 5/10/2010 11:12:51 AM
    i am from hyderabad, we have a land of about 6 acres 60 kms away from hyd, i would like to start emu birds farming, kindly suggest me where i cld find or the link for getting the free project report from internet. is their the bank loan is available for this farming, how far it is feasible project apart from , chick farming, and goat farming and buffalo farming, pls inform and provide the information abt the project report availability.
  • 35. KSKumar said on 5/11/2010 3:49:27 AM
    I heard about and did some research about EMU farming and thinking to start the business. Can some one share the bank loan proposals/documentation. Any available banks in hyderabad. Hyderabad , AP
  • 36. g ashok kumar goud said on 5/11/2010 10:08:24 AM
    sir i am ashok from shadnagar mahaboobnagar dist. i want to start emu birds business. so kindly give me full details of this business. how to start the business bank loan and maintenance of the business. also cost of the project. please send me the details
  • 37. bhavesh said on 5/12/2010 5:56:50 AM
    i want to start emu farming in gujarat (surat), so please give me full details about farming and training
  • 38. eswar said on 5/13/2010 3:27:34 AM
    Dear sir/madam, I want to start EMU birds business near by kadapa, andhra pradesh. please give me details of project for bank loan and tell me if u have any information about bank loan about emu farming. please provide me details as early as possible. email:samsanieswar@gmail.com Ph:09310130864
  • 39. Vamsi said on 5/13/2010 4:06:42 AM
    If you are interested starting emu farm, in buying emu chicks, plz call us +91-9440377665. Sai Emu Farm Near ECIL, Hyderabad , Andhra Pradesh
  • 40. Pradeep Kumar Raju said on 5/14/2010 1:37:07 AM
    Hello Sir, I am Planning to start EMU Farming in Podur, West Godavari District, in Andhra Pradesh. Want to know the loan procedure & any Subsidy available on this Business. Regards Pradeep
  • 41. gurtej singh waraich said on 5/15/2010 1:35:21 PM
    i heard about emu farms and all...and i am very much interested in this...i have 25 acres of land and i am planning to start with emu farming in one acre..and slowly and steadily i would love to increase this...contact me as soon as possible...my contact no is....09996079060...09996355599...
  • 42. abdul_raheem717 said on 5/17/2010 1:42:10 AM
    i want to start emu business i have 5 acres of land just 50 km from hyd cont me soon as u possible .........9030123902. india andhra pradesh hyderabad
  • 43. ramesh said on 5/17/2010 3:43:16 AM
    Hi, I would like to start emu birds business with 10 pairs of birds. If you dont mind send me the details of project estimation and profit details for which will be thankful to you. Ramesh Dasari Visakhapatnam +91-9160921494
  • 44. nikhil said on 5/17/2010 10:25:37 PM
    pls send me project in view of bank finance so that i can help to some farmer to make finance to them for emu rearing in this financial year. report may be of type that involve capital cost working cost and income from selling of eggs and that of meat. plz contact on 9960393581
  • 45. Sanjay said on 5/20/2010 4:02:33 AM
    Only EMU farm in North India, Gurgaon. emuggn@yahoo.in. We can help anyone set up a farm in Haryana, Punjab, North Rajasthan.
  • 46. Bindesh Patel said on 5/21/2010 1:18:06 PM
    Hi, i would like to start emu birds business with 100 pairs of birds, right now we own chicken poultry farm. if you dont mind send me details of project estimate & profit details & marketing information. My poultry business is at anand, Gujarat.
  • 47. Pushpa Gupta said on 5/22/2010 6:20:18 AM
    I am interested in setting up an emu farm in Patna on a plot of 13000 sq ft. where could I get a project report.
  • 48. JAYESH PATEL said on 5/22/2010 11:33:15 AM
    I am interested to do this business. So Plz. Give me full Information about emu bird business. my location as below :- At. Kasla Bujarang, Po. Orma, Tal. Olpad, Dist. Surat (Gujarat) India. 97125 21725
  • 49. Dr.Suresh Kamboj said on 5/23/2010 11:47:49 AM
    I want to set an emu farm in distt. ferozepur in punjab. We have 50 acres of land. Plz tell me in details about it. How much money I would need to start with?
  • 50. amit said on 5/28/2010 8:47:01 AM
    I have 4000sq feet land near pune & i want to start EMU business. Pl let me know with how many EMU bird pairs can I start this business. And pl tell me @ its marketing.
  • 51. Darshan said on 5/29/2010 2:05:20 PM
    Hi, This is Darshan from Karnataka, Hassan Dist. We visited a emu farm in Kaivara in chintamani taluk, kolar dist. in karnataka. And presently we are running a broiler farm in Hassan & now we are planning to start the emu poultry farm. We had some doubts and clarifications to know,
    1.Whats the minimum age that we can adopt for beginning (start with raring)?
    2. Do we get acceptable profit in this business?
    3. May i know the cost of the pair of raring birds?
    4. Do we need to provide trees or any type of shelter/shed to avoid sunlight and rain?
    5. Only "commercial feed" is enough to feed the emu or can we also use any natural feed like grass/hay?
    Hope you clarify all the above doubts asap...
  • 52. rammohan rao said on 5/30/2010 8:47:50 AM
    i want to start my own emu farm around hyderabad on a leased land. which banks are proactive in considering loan for this project.
  • 53. yadhunanada said on 5/31/2010 11:16:25 PM
    Hi this is yadhu from bangalore. I am currently planning to start an Emu Breeding farm in the out skirts of bangalore. Hence, kindly advise me the procedure to start the business the, investment required for the business, the legal documentation required for the business process whom to contact for the information etc. Please call or e-mail me @ +91-9980135199 or yadhu.chinnu@gmail.com or yadhu_nanda@yahoo.com or yadhu_nandan2008@rediffmail.com with the suggestion. Warm Regards. Yadhu
  • 54. pradeep said on 6/3/2010 10:30:37 PM
    hi this is pradeep ,i want to start my own emu farm around hyderabad in 4 acres . can u plz provide the information abt the project report .
  • 55. ASHOK MAHALA said on 6/5/2010 5:18:48 AM
    Hi I am ashok mahala resident of Khatu shyam ji dist. Sikar Rajasthan. I am fully Interested for EMU farming at my farm house. Water & land not a issue for me but i want finance facility by bank. Please help me urgently. Thanks.
  • 56. suhasini said on 6/7/2010 2:27:57 AM
    I was interested to start emu breeding farm as a small scale business please guide me. I am in hyderabad, I like to start the business near hyderabad.
  • 57. NIMMALAPUDI SATHI RAJU said on 6/9/2010 12:38:47 PM
    I am sathiraju intrested in starting EMU business in my village near mandapeta town, East godavari district. Can I know the marketing details of my products after I establish a farm. That i how can sell the products of EMU to the concerned person. Any special things are required for marketing? Please let me know as soon as possible. Regards
  • 58. M Deepak said on 6/9/2010 9:31:22 PM
    Hi this deepak want to start emu farming and hatchery pl. guide us by detail Project report with Govt scheme and bank loan.
  • 59. MD.TAUHEED said on 6/13/2010 1:23:53 AM
    i want to start emu farming in DODDABALLAPUR Bangalor dist 561203, so please give me full details about farming and training. my mobile num 9886222801
  • 60. MUZZAFAR KAMILI said on 6/16/2010 5:54:16 AM
    I WANT TO START AN EMU FARM IN SRINAGAR. I HAVE 10 THOUSAND SQ. FEET LAND. PLEASE GIVE ME FULL DETAILS REGARDING THE EXPENDITURES FOR STARTING THE FARM.
  • 61. durga prasad said on 6/17/2010 8:58:17 AM
    sir i am also very much interested in the project. i want to start with 10 pairs of birds near nellore andhra pradesh. how much will it cost. how to sell the products and where to get the birds. sir please help me out.
  • 62. hanu.lal said on 6/18/2010 2:18:55 AM
    i have started emu farming so i need about 50 birds age 3 months and 50 birds age 18 months so any hatchery send me quotation hanu.lalg@gmail.com at 09024418347
  • 63. r.g.awachar said on 6/19/2010 1:59:29 PM
    i would like to understand whole business background the of emu bird farming also start the farming with complete study project and bank financing and subsidy by central and state government for enhancing the emu bird farming / meat processing industry.
  • 64. srinivas said on 6/21/2010 12:15:30 AM
    sir i want to start emu farm in amalapuram east godavari. so please tell me details of bank loan process.
  • 65. Harishkumar H.N said on 6/21/2010 4:32:09 AM
    i would like to start emu farm and 1 acre of land in holur village, kolar district & karnataka state. so please tell me details of getting loan from bank & were to sell the emu birds/chicks/meat.
  • 66. rajesh ravi said on 6/22/2010 3:51:29 AM
    i would like to start emu farm and 1 acre of land in Inkollu village, ONGOLE district & A.P state -523167 . So please tell me details for EMU Bird PROJECT Details
  • 67. Vishal Kotowar said on 6/22/2010 11:32:15 PM
    I want to start EMU bird s farming. I can invest 3 - 5 lacs. Please help me out how to start. State Andhra Pradesh
  • 68. suresh said on 6/26/2010 7:31:49 AM
    i have started emu farming. so i need about 10 birds age 3 months and 10 birds age 18 months so any hatchery send me quotation. tamilnadu, coimbatore
  • 69. murali krishna said on 7/4/2010 3:15:22 AM
    hi sir/madam i am planning to establish to the emu birds business this business what is the advantages and disadvantages how can to apply the bank loan matters of this business ap govt. can give subsidy of the bank loan land matters please send the total information as early as possible 1st am starting to plan 20 pairs establish place khammam district near small village andhra pradesh
  • 70. satya said on 7/6/2010 4:25:27 AM
    hi sir, i want to do some business like emu farming and i studied all matter above and i think u will help me and question
    1. for how many emus how much land we want?
    2. why we have to take pair wise emus?
    3. how much investment we want for keeping emus?
    4. how much profit we can get in year wise?
    thanks u sir, i studied all matter but some clarity i am asking these questions. A.P, eluru
  • 71. A. Achyuta Rao said on 7/19/2010 1:31:45 AM
    hi, i am a ex-serviceman from yelamanchilli visakhapatnam can anyone pl advice me for starting the emu farm my budget is 5 lakhs having 10 acres of oil palm planted land with water sources, also i want to know the bye back tie up with any big farms, i will be greatly appreciated for your information. mail me hemant_hasatha@yahoo.com
  • 72. sudhakar said on 7/20/2010 12:37:55 PM
    Dear, This is Sudhakar from Guntur (Dist). I am very very interested to start this business. I am new to this business. I want to start this business with Small Investment. I want to start with 15 pairs (3months) old birds. so, pls. give me details regarding where the Checks of Emu's are available with reasonable price. How much Space Required to start this business. How much Investment required. Give me full details and give Project for 30 Cheeks ( 3months ) old. What is the tools required. Regards, SUDHAKAR
  • 73. Vijay Pimparkar said on 7/22/2010 5:13:45 AM
    I have 25 pairs of 7 months old emu in Karjat, Raigarh near Mumbai, Maharashtra. They will start breeding in the season starting from Sept 2011. If you are interested pl contact me on 9823018215.
  • 74. deepak kedia. 94480 48355 said on 7/23/2010 12:38:39 PM
    i am from Mysore & had read an article about EMU bird farming from HUBLI in Times of india of 23/7/2010 & am deeply interested in the same & am very thankful for the information available on the web about the same. Especially THE SIMRAN FARM people who have taken ample of pains to publish in detail regarding the same. i would be pleased if some more details are provided to me.
  • 75. param bhai said on 7/24/2010 6:01:57 AM
    i am param bhai from maharastra i have my plan to start emu farming can u help me providing the details of the price of an emu of full size and emu of two week. waiting for ur reply
  • 76. Manjunath said on 7/24/2010 6:22:45 AM
    Hi, My name is Manjunath, from Kolar Dist, Karnataka. I would like to start Emu farming with 10-15 pairs. I would like to discuss more about the same. Please share your contact details so that I can call and discuss more or please call me @09739986930. Thanks & Regards, Manjunath
  • 77. A. Achyuta Rao said on 7/24/2010 10:13:57 PM
    hi, i am a ex-serviceman from yelamanchilli visakhapatnam can anyone pl advice me for starting the emu farm my budget is 5 lakhs having 10 acres of oil palm planted land with water sources, also i want to know the bye back tie up with any big farms, i will be greatly appreciated for your information. mail me hemant_hastha@yahoo.com
  • 78. Rakesh said on 7/26/2010 5:45:09 AM
    Hi this is rakesh here.. currently i'm doing EMU breeding near Chennai.. People who are interested in starting EMU business can contact me.. 09944845458
  • 79. prakashreddy said on 7/26/2010 7:47:34 AM
    hi this is prakash from chittoor i heard about EMU Farms i am interested to start a EMU Farm in my town so want the project details & planing details. will you help me on this or send me the consultant's address & any books about EMU or where i can get training for farm.
  • 80. SRINI said on 7/27/2010 6:23:34 AM
    i have one acre in visakhapatnam distrit, Andhra Pradesh state. i want to start emu farming. kindly tell me how to start the emu farming like where to buy emu eggs are 3 to 6 months old emus. and how to grow them and how market them.
  • 81. mathan Kumar said on 8/22/2010 6:40:38 AM
    Hi all this is mathan from chennai. We have a big unit of about 750 pairs of emu in chennai n andhra. We have supplied emu's for about 374 farmers and we have a buyback agreement. If you really interested in emu farming. Please call me @919884882931. I like to have good relationship with the one who is approaching, so those who have passion towards emu farming call me. Currently in chennai a restaurant for emu has been opened and its running quite well. I will help u in all technical aspect since it is a newer to india.
  • 82. Anand said on 8/24/2010 3:32:14 PM
    I am residing in Belgaum, India. I want to open a EMU Farm and poultry. Since I am doing it for the durst tie I am looking for a professional to advise me. I want full Information about its Project. (Cost of setup, man power, What they eat, Where we sell them, Raw Meat; for feathers; their Oil; Eggs etc.) OR How we get Oil from them & where it to sell. I would appreciate a full project report. Plz Contact me 919449644474
  • 83. deepak chhotaray said on 8/26/2010 3:55:28 PM
    Hi i am deepak from BHUBANESWAR, orissa . i have a land of 6000sq ft. I want to start EMU farming, i want a project report about the emu farming and also want to know about the threat to this farming. i need a professional to advice me. deepak chhotaray mobile- 9337570095
  • 84. kranthi said on 9/1/2010 10:17:19 AM
    hi we are sree vaishnavi agro emu farm, we will help you so contact 9849108550 we will help you
  • 85. Jyoti prakash Pradhan said on 9/2/2010 2:19:53 AM
    Hi i am Jyoti prakash Pradhan from Sambalpur (western Orissa). i want to start EMU farm with 20 birds. please give me complete details, how much area we need. how much the investment, where we want to collect the emu. how is the marketing, etc. please help me sir
  • 86. chaitanya reddy said on 10/20/2010 4:48:53 AM
    Dear, This is chaitanya reddy from hyd. I am very very interested to start this business. I am new to this business. I want to start this business with Small Investment. . so, pls. give me details regarding where the Checks of Emu's are available with reasonable price. How much Space Required to start this business. How much Investment required. Give me full details and give Project for 30 Cheeks ( 3months ) old. What is the tools and manpower required. Regards, chaitanya
  • 87. Saurabh Shrivastava said on 12/13/2010 6:15:13 AM
    Hello, We are into EMU FARMING BUSINESS since last 4 years in Madhya pradesh, haryana and gujarat. Any people having interest in understanding the project and its profitability can contact us at our mobile numbers +91 9898518845 and email: shrivastav.saurabh@gmail.com We provide full support for starting this project. We have a devoted team of experts and doctors to initiate this project. With regards, Saurabh Shrivastav Macro Farmings, Gujarat
  • 88. subhashchandra.y.u said on 12/15/2010 7:33:15 AM
    i am an engineer and a resident of davanagere city, karnatak state. i have got farm of coconut and areca farms with a free space of about one acre available in which i would like to raise emu farm. i would like to have full information about the same and should contain detailed project report and full information about the emu bird right from egg to maturity.
  • 89. Dr.Vinod N makawana said on 12/21/2010 4:55:06 AM
    I am veterinary surgeon if any body want to start Emu farm business call me on 09099030525 or 09429407911.
  • 90. Saurabh Shrivastava said on 12/21/2010 11:53:02 PM
    Hello Mr.Subhashchandra... You can contact us at shrivastav.saurabh@gmail.com for all details for starting this business.
  • 91. Dinesh Kumar said on 1/25/2011 3:38:33 AM
    Hello, I want to start emu farm in Rewari(Haryana). I have enough space and want to start with 40 pairs. I need all details about emus Farming. about their behavior, living conditions, diet etc. please send me all project report. Is there any bank which gives loan for emu farming? please tell me as soon as possible so that i can book the birds before hatching (April). thanks in advance
  • 92. Raj. B Deshmukh said on 1/30/2011 1:50:23 AM
    i am RajB.Deshmukh Nimbhora tq.chandur bazar dist. amravati [maharashtra] . i want to start EMU farm with 20 birds. please give me complete details,project report,bank loan.subsidy, how much area we need. how much the investment, where we want to collect the emu. how is the marketing, etc. please help me sir
  • 93. v v kondaiah said on 1/31/2011 11:04:08 AM
    hi sir/madam i am planning to establish to the emu birds business .what are the advantages and disadvantages how can to apply the bank loan matters of this business ap govt. can give subsidy of the bank loan land matters please send the total information as early as possible .Initially I want to start 20 pairs at vinukonda ,guntur dist, andhra pradesh. pl send project report for 20 pairs of birds. thanking you
  • 94. Nasir Patel said on 2/3/2011 11:47:42 AM
    Hello Everyone, Myself Nasir Patel , I am doing this Emu Business from last 10 years . You can ask me any kind of questions about Emu . I have lot of experience in this industry so if you want any kind of help or want emu birds, chicks, eggs, skin, oil you can contact me. Nasir Patel - 9850761175 Tauhid Patel - 9960330420
  • 95. sukhdeep said on 2/16/2011 8:59:41 AM
    I am interested in starting an emu farm with minimum 50 pairs Can someone send me the complete details on this.e.g Cost of each bird,sale of eggs,sale of emu meat etc with a project report for bank loan.
  • 96. vinod sharma said on 2/21/2011 6:46:06 AM
    Hi i have a veterinary medical shop in Bilaspur Chhattishgarha i want to start emu bird farming of my farmars pleas send me all details on this
  • 97. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 2/22/2011 11:42:46 PM
    Hi friends this is Vamsi from Chirala AP. We have EMU farm with 200 breeders and 600 chics. Any one interested in this Emu Farming can call me or mail me for any information like, How to breed the chics, land requirements, bank project report, Loan facility, govt schemes, electricity subsidy, infra structure, how to buy chics or breeders(which lay eggs), marketing details etc. Overall I can assist you with complete facts. Interested can call me at 9246780131 or mail emubirds.2010@gmail.com. i can send you the E book regarding Emu farming or manual books too for your easy reference.

• 98. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 2/25/2011 10:16:54 AM
    @Hamsa Ankamreddy
    1.Emu Chic of 3 month costs 7000/-(approx)
    2.Cost of egg is Rs.1500/- to 3000/- depending upon the season 3.Maturity age of the bird is 18mnths(starts laying eggs from 18th month)
    4.You sell chics any where any time. Price of the chic depends upon its age. ie day old chick costs 5000/- and there onwards calculated @750/- per month ie if you require 3 month chic it costs 7250/-(5000/-day old+3mnt*750/-). Regarding marketing you need not worry. We give BUYBACK agreement for those who purchase chics from us.

@Lachireddy
    1.Minimum age to purchase is 3month (for new farmer)
    2.you can earn good profits and breakeven is for 4 years. You can earn 26000/- per pair of emus per year.
    3. Breeder birds(egg layers) cost 20000/- to 50000/- depending upon its breed
    4.No trees necessary, u can provide shelter with ACC sheets roof.
    5.we can feed them with vegetables also but should contain sufficient proteins, dcp, calcium etc. its better to make ur own feed. Grass /hay is not feedable

• 99. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 2/25/2011 11:46:26 PM
    Project report of Emu Birds, E book, Hard copy of Emu Hand book, Emu Farmers manual book and complete consultation we can provide you with a charge of Rs.5000/-. If required only 2 books hard copy it costs Rs.2000/-. Interested can call us at 9246780131 or mail us at emubirds.2010@gmail.com

• 100. Akhtabur Hussain said on 2/28/2011 8:46:28 AM
    Yeah, i'am from Assam, city guwahati and actually am looking to start an emu farming but need to know all the profit and investment needed to start a emu farm....please help..
  • 101. jagan said on 2/28/2011 1:55:32 PM
    hi i want the total project report of emu bird farming an what will be the investment can u plz send me the details
  • 102. Raghunath expert adviser said on 2/28/2011 9:09:49 PM
    @Akhtabur Hussain, emu bird costs around Rs20000/- to 50000/- depending on the breed. You can sell it at many places in India. There could be less buyer in Assam but plenty in Maharastra and South of India. Even you can earn good profit like Rs25000-30000 per pair of EMU in a year.

Raghunath Natarajan
    Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)

• 103. Raghunath expert adviser said on 2/28/2011 10:54:00 PM
    @jagan, Hi EMU bird farming cost varies from place to place and with the size as well. I would like to know your business location and the number of birds you are planning for startup. You can approximately calculate the birds cost from previous comment.

Raghunath Natarajan
    Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)

• 104. S.Vasukisenthilkumar said on 3/1/2011 2:18:44 AM
    Hi Sir, I am interested in starting an emu farms with minimum 25 pairs Can Someone send me the complete details with Bank Loan Details. Please help me, Thank you
  • 105. kiran said on 3/1/2011 10:02:11 AM
    Hi, I am planning to start EMU farm in Nizamabad dist. 100 KMs from Hyderabad. We are planning to start with 500 birds and need your help in setting up this. i.e planning, executing, precautions to be taken, BANK loan etc. Appreciate your response and help in these areas. Thanks, Kiran
  • 106. Bobby said on 3/1/2011 10:11:01 AM
    I understand that currently EMU business is running only by breeding and selling the chicks. I think most of the farms are depending on only selling the chicks. But would like to understand if any one is there to buy big birds for processing (for Oil, meat, feathers, skin)
  • 107. Raghunath expert adviser said on 3/2/2011 12:17:59 AM
    @kiran, 500 birds is a huge project. Have secured a land already? For loan you need a solid business plan, find a good business consultant to write a b plan for you. You also need good collateral for the loan.

Raghunath Natarajan
    Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)

• 108. Raja Deb Burman said on 3/2/2011 2:15:09 AM
    I am from Kolkata. I have around 9000 sqft of vacant land and I want to start this emu bird business. sir, pls tell me from where I get this bird and investment amount.
  • 109. KAMALMAITY said on 3/3/2011 6:45:34 AM
    I want to start emu farming So i need some information. what will be the minimum estimation of starting with 10 pairs, what is the minimum area needed for 10 pairs of emu. from where will I get the bird after where i have to sell it or any community will buy from me. what are the medical treatment of those birds ,what environment they need. what to feed them and more details regarding emu farming.
  • 110. Nagaraju said on 3/3/2011 9:16:47 AM
    I would like to start an emu bird farming. So, can u please help me. I need information on how to start this farming which should include the overall expenses and all other details. I will be waiting for your reply. Nagaraju
  • 111. Nagendra said on 3/3/2011 9:47:01 AM
    This is Nagendra, i am from Anakapalli town, vizag district. is my location suitable for farming emu birds, i am very interested to start. please give me guidance to start
  • 112. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/3/2011 10:02:33 AM
    @Raj Deb
    • U can get emu birds from many places in Andhra, Maharashtra, karnataka, Tamilnadu also.
    • You can start the business with 1 lac
    @Kamamaity
    • Estimation for 10 pairs 3 mnth old bird is Rs.1.60 lacs and 40k for other requirements
    • area for each bird is 100 sft
    • u can get treatment for the birds from your local vet doctor, birds are very resistant and mostly a well experienced farmer can guide u by phone also.
    • some processing units are going to start in AP this year, so that u can sell the birds 2 them, or if u can get BUYBACK agreement from us if u buy from us.
    • Feed is mainly composition of Maize. Many poultry feed plants are manufacturing feed for emus also.
    • Emu birds can survive in any climatic conditions(-4C to 60C)
    @nagraju
    Hi this is vamsi from Chirala, u can call me for any details bro

@Nagendra
    not only Anakapalli all places are suitable for Emu Farming, for more info call me I will give some contacts at ur district

• 113. Manu said on 3/3/2011 12:50:42 PM
    Hello, This is Manu from Bangalore i am looking for the opportunity of trainy or the part time working in EMU farming that could be help to learning how to make the best farming and that could help for the making my own EMU farming in future. Actually i did not know about the Emu farming without the common things But i want to learn about it. so if the any of the person have a huge farming facility in bangalore i request you to give me a opportunity to learn. if you are interested or your going to offering any of the opportunity like that so please inform me or invite me Please send me the mail to my E-mail: akashmanu@in.com Thanks & Regards
  • 114. ramakrishna beginner adviser said on 3/3/2011 11:57:54 PM
    hai this ramakrishna propriter of Sai Ram Agro farm, at Khammam, A.P, we are having 25 pairs of breeders, we will supply good quality chicks, and we will give advise to emu farmers, if interested to take training from my farm, contact us immediately. my no. mobile: 9949911287,9494447499, office No.08742-254287 and Resi: 04024221724
    contact us for emu chicks, and 1 year birds, breeders also
  • 115. kowsalya said on 3/4/2011 3:26:18 AM
    Respected sir I am staying in tirupati, chittoor dist. Can we do emu farming in tirupati town. is this place suitable for breeding Emu farming. climatic conditions also considered
  • 116. naresh said on 3/4/2011 10:15:54 AM
    Hi i am naresh from punjab i want to start a 50 pair emu farm so pl tell me its scope in punjab and how can i start .
  • 117. gurpreet singh said on 3/6/2011 2:38:14 AM
    hi my name is gurpreet singh i belong to jalandhar in punjab i live in jalandhar i have dairy farm and i want to start emu farming also so plz help me for emu farming and tell me all feature of emu farming
  • 118. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/6/2011 11:40:18 PM
    @kowsalya, Emu birds can survive in any climatic conditions(-4C to 60C) no problem at tirupati also.

@Naresh, You can start Emu farm in punjab too without any tension. Simple logic in any business is once you start first you can earn good profits and you need not worry for d market as your local people will start new farms by purchasing them from u.

@gurpreet Singh, Please check my previous post to known about EMUs or can call me to guide u.

• 119. babu said on 3/7/2011 2:08:50 AM
    i am from vizianagaram i want to start Emu form i want know about market details for Emu egg and meat. and is there any training for this
  • 120. muralikrishna said on 3/7/2011 2:15:59 AM
    plz give me the project report for 100 birds. i'm from tandur ranga reddy dist
  • 121. atul wadhawan said on 3/7/2011 4:13:48 AM
    we are at thane near mumbai Maharashtra breeders of emu birds can supply emu from 7day old to 3 months any requirements call 09324288783 ATUL
  • 122. kaushik das said on 3/7/2011 5:50:22 AM
    I want to start the emu farming business in North 24Parganas,West Bengal.Pl.give me the details .
  • 123. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/7/2011 6:53:18 AM
    @Babu
    1.Emu Farming Market is very good and will be in very high stage with in a span of 5 years as just now its getting very good publicity. Emu Meat is cholesterol free hence many who tastes once will not leave this for taste and health. If 1% of non-vegetarians starts eating EMU the whole emus(approx 1lac birds) in India will be finished with in a year. So no worry for future market as demand is more than supply.
    2.You don't need any training for this farming, if interested i will send u some Emu farming books hard copy and soft copy to get complete idea.

@Murali, Hope u called me today and i gave you all details, feel free to call for more info

@kausik, Please refer to my previous postings(orange color box) to get details

• 124. Srinath said on 3/7/2011 1:05:32 PM
    Hi, I'm from Guntur, I'm looking to start poultry farm and found EMU bird farm as interesting and new. I've nearly 3 acres land with less water supply. Can i start EMU farm in this land, if so can someone please give me the investment details for 50 birds. Would appreciate your help.
  • 125. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/8/2011 12:40:27 AM
    @Srinath, Highest Emu farms in India are in guntur district only, u need not worry about suitability of land. Your land is suitable for emu farming. Initial Investment for 50 emu chics(3months) would be 5 lacs approx. all Bankers are ready to fund for this Emu Farming. 90% loan we can avail from bank.(50% loan amount we can get from NABARD with nil interest and payable in 6years).

• 126. shoaib said on 3/8/2011 4:42:40 AM
    dear all, please given me price for 3-4 month emu. i want buy 100 pairs. so replay on mail, rgds, shoaib, shoyas_arman@yahoo.com
  • 127. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/8/2011 6:44:26 AM
    price of 3-4 month old single EMU bird is Rs.7000/- to 8000/-

• 128. Srinath said on 3/8/2011 10:08:02 AM
    @Vamsi, Thank you so much for your prompt response. How is the market for EMU, looks like it requires more investment, somewhere i read it total costs 30 Lacs for the first 2 years (buying chicks, feed, infrastructure,..). I believe we can get loan from banks. How much profit we earn after that. Can i get help from you for setting up the EMU bird farm.
  • 129. narender malik said on 3/9/2011 11:49:17 PM
    hello, i want to know about emu bird farming and how can i start it? what are the drawbacks of emu farming? And what are the common diseases in emu bird?
  • 130. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/10/2011 8:48:31 AM
    @Srinath,
    you are always welcome bro.
    1. Market is very good and need not worry at all.
    2. U can start farm with small investment also. U can avail Bank and NABARD loans.
    3. break-even for this project is 4 years and can earn 20000/- to 30,000/- per pair per year.
    4. I can help u my best with all facts to setup the farm, feel free to call me.

@Narendra Malik,
    1. Drawbacks for Emu Farming is wrong financial calculations and fault guidance only.
    2. Birds are fully resistant of any disease after its age of 3 months and above no problems will be raised later if your maintenance is good.

@Abdul Razak
    1. Male n female ratio is 1:1
    2. all the financial reports, project reports and other guidance can be given by us. Call us for further details.

• 131. namadev said on 3/11/2011 11:41:59 AM
    i am starting this in village. what is the cost of 1 pair of bird & cost of egg. how much to invest?
  • 132. arshpreet singh said on 3/11/2011 10:54:43 PM
    hi i am arshpreet singh from hoshiar pur i wants to start emu farming please tell me how i can start it from where i buy chicks who will buy eggs from me pls tell me in detail thanks
  • 133. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/11/2011 11:31:26 PM
    @Namadev, you can start farm with even 1 lac .
    What is the cost of 1 pair of EMU bird in India?
    1 pair of 3 months old emu chics cost Rs.15000/-.
    what is the cost of EMU egg
    Egg cost Rs.2000/- to 3000/-.

@Naveen, Please read some of the above posts to get some idea and call me for further details.

@Arshpreet Singh, We supply you all ages of chicks and we can give you buy back agreement that we will purchase eggs or chics back from you or you can sell at your local place itself as it has good demand. So no worry of marketing.

• 134. Pritam said on 3/12/2011 2:53:55 PM
    Sir, I would like to start an emu farm in WB. I would like to know all the paper work that have to be done to buy a land and start the farm. Can I start the farm at any place or only certain places are designated for the purpose of farming? Thank you.
  • 135. Parvinder Singh said on 3/13/2011 1:28:50 AM
    Please help me to start an EMU bird farming at Saharanpur U.P . Please suggest how we start and where we can sale its eggs or meat. Also please tell if there is any subsidy scheme in U.P for this business.
  • 136. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/14/2011 1:04:29 AM
    @Pritam
    1. To start an emu Farm with Bank loan u have to submit a project report showing the complete details of Farming like Cost of purchasing birds, development charges, feed cost other expenses, egg laying details, selling details, how u get income back and how you will be paying loans back. which We can prepare it for you.
    2. You can start EMU Farm at any place and any climate.

@Parvinder, see my answer to @Arshpreet Singh

• 137. Manas pattanayak said on 3/14/2011 2:53:15 AM
    Dear Sir, We have 25 acres land at khurda district orissa so suggest me how to start the emu birds farming.
  • 138. support@laasyaemufarm.com beginner adviser said on 3/14/2011 10:42:01 PM
    @manas - How many birds are you trying to start with? 25 acres is a lot of land for raising emus. We have over 1000 (birds + chicks) and we only have four acres.
  • 139. Atanu Biswas said on 3/15/2011 11:00:06 AM
    Hi, this is Atanu from Thakurnagar, North 24 Parganas (near Kolkata, West Bengal) I have not visited any emu farm and not on familiar with this farming. Presently I am running a small farm and planning to start the emu poultry farm. I can manage fund up to 2.5 Lakh and space about 10,000 square feet. I have some doubts and clarifications to know:
    1. The space for emu farming can be shared by any other farming (Suppose I have 5,000 sqft spaces and for 10 pair it requires 3,500 sqft & other farming it requires 2,000 sqft)?
    2. What would be the soil type for this farming?
    3. If the soil is reddish or sandy then any kind of Ant or insect problem is there?
    4. The farm place can be situated in-between two residential areas or must be placed in very far away from locality?
    5. Land boundary can be covered by bamboo and rope?
    6. Can I use single boundary for farming of Emu and Turkey?
    7. What kind of shed/shelter is required?
    8. What precaution I have to take for heavy rain session?
    9. How much Emu bird is suitable for start my business (Land I have is grassy land)?
    10. Can I get any technical support from your side or any e-book/hardcopy book to expand my knowledge, also during live project can we get any supervision from your side in our location (Traveling/Food/Other Expense must be our)?
    Please answer or provide me the right way to start this business. (gobatanu@gmail.com)
  • 140. naveen said on 3/15/2011 1:16:27 PM
    hi i am from banglore i want to start emu birds farm can i make good business. if yes please guide me contact no-9916485881,mail-navimyself@gmail.com ,
  • 141. Ranjan said on 3/15/2011 1:45:36 PM
    @Vamsi, We want to start a new farm with small capital.. Can we get help from you?
  • 142. shankar said on 3/15/2011 10:19:53 PM
    i have 3 acres at anantapur andhrapradesh and i am interested in emu farming send me project report to avail bank finance
  • 143. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/16/2011 1:53:21 AM
    @Atanu Biswas, Really very happy to see your good interest in Emu farming with a very good questions.
    1. You can share your land with other farms also but use a separation with fencing not to get any problem.
    2. Any type of soil land can be used for the farming.
    3. No ants or insects can enter into emus pens(emus will kill n eat them even they will kill snakes)
    4. Farm place can be situated anywhere. no disturbance of sound or smell will be there in Emu Farms. Better look after that emus are not disturbed by outsiders.
    5. Land boundary can be covered by bamboo and rope no problem will be raised.
    6. You can use single boundary for farming of Emu and Turkey but in different pens is advisable
    7. Shed can be made by ACC sheets or any other made by some trees.
    8. No precaution necessary in rainy season as emus enjoy Rain very much. they dance in rains like a peacock.
    9. U can start from 10 pairs to 100 pairs of emus depending upon your Financial status.
    10. We can guide you in all aspects with our consultation fee of Rs.5000/- and if personal visit you have to bear all our expenditure.
    11. Any further assistance feel free to call us.

@Naveen, U can earn minimum of 30000/- per pair of emus per year. We can guide u in all aspects. Call me at my mob no.

@Ranjan, U can start farm with small capital also and we can guide you bro.

@shanker, Call me at my mob for project reports to avail Bank Finance.

• 144. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/16/2011 10:44:37 AM
    @Kartikey, If u require any info about u pls call us. We cannot call u.

@Suraj, We can prepare project reports for Bank finance for u, Please contact us for further details.

@Sanjiv, There are already good farms at Gujarat also. U can start a farm by buying 3 mnth old chicks(20 to 200 nos.)

@Bishnu, Please refer some of my old posts for a quick idea. Prepare a questionnaire of all your doubts and post it for which I can clarify you.

• 145. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/17/2011 1:09:19 AM
    Emu is a australian bird which is 5.5 ft tall and 40-60kgs weight. Emu eats majorly Maize, soya bean, dob and other formulations. 96% of the bird parts are very useful and have a very good demand. We get 7-8 ltre of oil, 20-25kg meat(cholesterol Free), body leather, feet leather, feathers, nails, fertile eggs, infertile eggs all are are very valuable. It's very easy to breed and very friendly to human. Emu Farming require very low manpower. Just 2 workers are enough for 100 birds. Emus starts laying eggs at its age of 18-21 months and lays eggs only in winter season ie., september to Feb. Each female lays 10-40 eggs per season in a gap of 3 days per egg. Male and female emus should be grown up at 1:1 ratio. Each egg costs Rs.2000/- to 3000/-. Emu chick costs from 4000/- to 15000/- depending upon its age. An adult emu costs 25000/- to 50000/-. We can earn good profits from Emu Farming. Breakeven for this project is 3 years. From 4th year we can earn Rs.30000/- to 100000/- per pair per year. All bankers give 75%-90% loans for this project. We can get 50% of our project amount from NABARD without interest for 6 years. Electricity used is under Cat IV which cost Rs1.80 per unit. Interested ones can start an emu farm with 10 pairs to 100 pairs depending on your Financial status. According to experts idea there will be no Broiler farms in next 8-10 years which will be replace by Emu farms.

• 146. vineet tirkey said on 3/18/2011 3:23:08 PM
    sir, I am in Ranchi, Jharkhand. You have posted information on cost of emu single/pair, cost of eggs,land/maintenance etc.

1. please let me know what buy-back offer is usually made to a farmer?
    2. which is right age of an emu that makes it high in demand age wise/money wise?
    3. what do you mean by breed? how many categories of breed exist which make it highly desirable..money wise?
    4. hatchery farms are equipped with machinery tools. In other words, how does a new farmer get the eggs hatched through hatching farms?
    5. how does emu bird start hatching process naturally and how long does one take to hatch?
    6. lastly, say, I buy a pair of 3 months chic for Rs. 15000/-. You have mentioned that it reaches maturity age in 18 months. 3-18 months..how much money is usually spendable in terms with feed/medicine etc. to make it profitable during re-sale?
  • 147. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/19/2011 1:45:46 AM
    @Vincent, to start an emu farm firstly buy your required no. of emu chicks(3months) either with your own capital or support from bankers. later feed them and they starts laying eggs from 18month and lays eggs until its age of 20years. incubate your eggs in your own incubator or leased incubators for 48-51 days and you get your chick. Later you can market the same to other new emu farmers. If you want to sell to slaughtering units you have to grow them upto an age of 14months and can sell to them. In your 10 cents of land you can maintain upto 400 emu birds.

@Kalpana, please read above to start and to get bank loans and all financial details please call us.

@Vineet,
    1. We give you buy back offer stating that we will buy chicks back at market value.
    2. you can sell emu at any age depending upon the buyers requirement and has demand for all ages. rates increase as the age increases.
    3. breed means variety of birds.
    4. There used to be more variety like King Island emu and Dwarf emu but there is only one kind of emu right now.
    5. you can start your own hatchery unit depending upon your no. of birds. U can purchase emu egg incubators from the poultry incubators makers. if you have less birds u can incubate your eggs from your near by hatchery unit with some nominal charges. Naturally male emu incubates eggs. which takes 48-51 days time.
    6. from 3 months to 18 mnth age each bird expense per month is Rs.500/- approx ie Rs.7500/- per bird.

• 148. kaushik said on 3/19/2011 10:21:50 AM
    I want to know the market to sell the emu product & byproduct. How to get your support in west bengal.
  • 149. Arindam Samanta said on 3/21/2011 3:32:39 AM
    durgapur, burdwan, west bengal, india. i want to start emu bird farming in durgapur have 7500 sq ft land with 1250sq ft shed ready for contract farming also
  • 150. P. V Sagar said on 3/21/2011 6:20:50 AM
    I more look like Chain business, can you share actual market where this bird meat, feathers etc are used have you sold to anybody like that any proof of the details of the same?
  • 151. Deepak kumar dash said on 3/21/2011 7:28:43 AM
    i want to start emu farming business in my village PURI, orissa. I have 4000 sqft of land please send me details.
  • 152. Murali Krishna said on 3/21/2011 7:53:13 AM
    I want to sale good and healthy Emu Birds of 4 years age total 3 pairs. each pair of cost Rs.40,000/-. Mobile: 8790145066
  • 153. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/21/2011 8:01:58 AM
    @Arindam, We are getting good inquiries from WB, i will refer some one to u.

@P V Sagar, What does chain business means? all kinds of Businesses are to purchase and sell to other customers. I dont think its called chain business. If u come to our place i can show u very clearly about emu farming. More over no banker or NABARD(National Bank for Rural and Agricultural Development)will support emu farming if this wont work or if its a chain business. I my self will purchase meat, oil, skin, feathers or bird for processing or will show you the buyer.

@Deepak, you can start with 150 pairs of emu chicks. But i suggest you to start maximum with 20-100 pairs only depending upon your financial status.

• 154. parmvir hari said on 3/21/2011 10:27:33 PM
    i want to start emu birds farming in punjab, pls tell me the punjab climate is good for emu birds farming. is the any other farm in mohali ,disst, punjab? if any one farmer farming in mohali disst pls call me, my cell number: 9878569146
  • 155. Shivaji Nalawade said on 3/23/2011 2:39:10 AM
    Dear Sir, I am starting EMU farming with 50 birds in Konkan region of Maharashtra. Please guide me how to get the loan from Banks. I have project report ready. Is HDFC giving loan for such venture? Please advise. Thanks in Advance. With Warm Regards, Shivaji Nalawade
  • 156. RANA BANERJEE said on 3/23/2011 3:34:35 AM
    W.B, burdwan. i want to start emu farming with 30 pairs. how much cost for total project? bank loan is available? in west bengal who can support me? give me the details. in WB any farm is running?
  • 157. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/23/2011 3:34:57 AM
    @parmvir hari, Emu can survive in an climatic conditions(hot/cold). no problem with Punjab climate.

@Shivaji Nalawade, HDFC Bank is also giving loans for Emu farming . Main factor is how you make the project report so email me copy to verify and rectify if any difference.

• 158. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/23/2011 3:42:52 AM
    @Rana Banejee, you can start emu farming by purchasing 3 months old emu chicks either with own capital or with support from bank. If you go for bank loan u can get loan of 9 lakhs(4lacs from Bank and 5 lacs from NABARD). hence the total project costs is 10 lacs for which you can purchase 30 pairs of chics. u will get back total 10 lacs within 3-4 years and can earn 15 lacs per year from the 4th or 5th year. If any clarifications u can call me. If u want any E book n hard copy of Emu Farming hand book and project report. you can contact us. We can support you even in WB.

• 159. Shrihari Dhorepatil said on 3/23/2011 11:38:15 AM
    Pune District.Maharashtra. I wish to start emu Farmimg, Will help us with emu Ebook & emu Farming Business with Project Report. Can NABARD help us with Project Report & other solutions? Regards, Shrihari Dhorepatil.
  • 160. Prasad said on 3/24/2011 12:55:43 AM
    @Vamsi, Sir, I am planning to start Emu farm with 50 pairs at my place in Andhra. Please send me the project report to get Bank Loan and from NABARD. Will call you today. My mob No:9440265492
  • 161. Anil said on 3/24/2011 3:01:17 AM
    i want start emu farming in warangal andrapradesh india. i have 1 acre land with all facilities and how can i get the loans from financial institutions...
  • 162. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/25/2011 8:03:02 AM
    @Shrihari, We can support to start emu even at your place in any aspect. NABARD can give u interest free loan only, u have to get all project report and details yourself, for which we can support u.

@Prasad, If u call me I can explain you all about Farming and how to earn much better.

@Anil, You can avail loan from any banks. Firstly u have to submit the project report to Bankers to get loan. Contact us for assistance.

• 163. patel virendra said on 3/26/2011 2:21:07 AM
    hi, i m virendra patel, i want 2 start emu farming in gujarat vadodara city, i have a land near by nimeta garden, so plz tell me how to i start. give me some knowledge to manage it, where i find the bird in gujarat, in starting with 20 pairs of birds so tell me what cost of whole project, tell me any other info about it plz . my mobile no is 9924686633.
  • 164. gangaiah said on 3/26/2011 3:05:56 AM
    sir, I am interested in starting an emu farm at kadapa dist with minimum 40 pairs. please give me the complete details on this.e.g what are the advantages and disadvantages how to apply the bank loan, Cost of each bird, sale of eggs, sale of emu meat etc with a project report for bank loan, also I want to know the bye back tie up with any big farms. Thank you
  • 165. Krishnamoorthy said on 3/26/2011 9:55:10 AM
    Sir, I like to start EMU business in TamilNadu, Pudukkottai District. First start with 20 birds, how much land I need? My land available beside my house, is it suitable for it? Please give full details. Thanks
  • 166. sunilkumar said on 3/28/2011 3:11:28 AM
    i want to start 1 acre land, how many emmu should i buy, and what will be the total investment
  • 167. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/28/2011 4:15:49 AM

@Patel Virendra, Please read some of the postings to get an idea of EMUs and project details. I think there are many farms in Gujarat, search in google. If any more info required practically you can call me.

@Gangaiah,

1. Main Advantages of emus r 96% of the bird is useful (cholesterol free meat, Oil, leather, feathers, nails etc.) regarding maintenance its very easy to handle. 2 persons can take care of 100-200 emu birds.
    2. Main disadvantage is lack of Financial management and planing is the only one. Rest is all very good.
    3. Regarding bank loan and financial details check my previous postings, can call me.
    4. We can offer u buy back agreement to purchase chicks back from u, if u purchase chicks from us now.

@Krishnamoorthy, you require approx 2000 sqft land for 20 birds and can maintain in ur house premises itself. these birds are very friendly and does not disturb you by any means.

@Harvinder Sandhu, Lot of inquiries are received by us from Punjab, we will divert those call to you so that you can guide them well.

@sunil Kumar, in 1 acre land u can start with 100 pairs of emus. which costs approx 30 lacs for 1 year and above. Tell me your budget to suggest a proposal.

• 168. Mahesh Vadera said on 3/28/2011 10:13:16 AM
    Want 2 start emu farming wid 50-60 birds. pls tell me details on my cell, 08871704670. thanx
  • 169. T K V PRASAD said on 3/30/2011 12:49:26 PM
    Hi i am prasad i have 0.60 cents in gannavaram krishna dt. i want to start emu farm.pl give me details about that.
  • 170. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 3/31/2011 12:43:11 AM
    @Mahesh Vadera, To start an emu farm of 60 birds your total project may cost 10-15 lacs. for which you can get bankers support of 75%-90%. Sorry we cant give details in ur mobile. If any query plz call us.

@TKV Prasad, your land is sufficient for more than 200 birds. No worry of land. You decide your budget and inform us we will send you a proposal.

• 171. kandan said on 3/31/2011 5:13:06 AM
    hi i am interested to start emu farming.in bangalore,i would like to know the complete details as:which bank can provide loan,how much of land required.pls let me know the details.contact no +91 9845521604.
  • 172. Sudarshan said on 4/1/2011 5:38:51 AM
    I want to start business with ten bird.I m from Aurangabad(mah.)can U tell me? total estimation of this project.
  • 173. LIYAKAT ALI NASKAR said on 4/1/2011 8:51:25 AM
    Respected Sir, I want to start EMU farming in Burdwan(West Bengal). I am requesting you, please provide me the complete details to start the project. Thanking you.
  • 174. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 4/1/2011 11:07:13 AM
    @Kandan, All nationalized banks like State Bank group, Karur Vysya Bank, Syndicate Bank, Andhra Bank etc provides loan for this project. U require 100Sft per bird.

@Sudarshan, Ur 10 birds u can start with 1 lac rupees.

@Liyakat Ali Naskar, Please refer some of the old postings, if any further clarifications u can ask me. Lots of inquiries are coming from WB. This is the right time to start in your state.

• 175. nagendra said on 4/1/2011 1:23:38 PM
    i want to start emu farm with 25 pairs please give me sum hints and sum project photos of the site clear
  • 176. laxmaiah k said on 4/2/2011 2:04:21 AM
    Sir, I Have 5 Acr. own patta land & Road & water facility available. i am interested to start emu farming. in My village Mulkalla,(Mdl)Mancherial, (Dist)Adilabad, (State)Andrapradesh, PIN 504209 i would like to know the complete details as: which bank can provide loan, how much of land required. pls let me know the details. contact no +91 8801823400
  • 177. Dr Mahesh Patel beginner adviser said on 4/2/2011 10:45:16 AM
    Dear friends, we are doing emu farming since 2002. at present running emu Gujarat research & Development center at Anand, Gujarat under "SETU' registered Notional NGO, we are giving all types of trainings and marketing support with banking finance, we are giving 3 months chiks at 12000/-rs per pair. and 2 years birds pair at 30000/-rs. any one interested in emu farming is welcome and mail us on emugujarat@gmail.com We are supporting all over in India. veterinary guidance or marketing support to all farmers will be given by our NGO. Dr.Mahesh Patel

Dr Mahesh Patel
    emugujarat@gmail.com

• 178. g. prem kumar said on 4/2/2011 11:48:12 AM
    sir i am having 1000 sq yards of land in miryalguda vill: mulakalakalva. please give some details about the emu business to whom i can reach nearer in miryalguda area. thank you
  • 179. Pankaj Lochan said on 4/4/2011 1:15:07 AM
    Sir, I am planning to start Emu farm at my place in Odisha. Please send me details for starting. My mob No:9463688897
  • 180. Mohd Abdul Majid said on 4/4/2011 6:41:29 AM
    How to sell emu birds and where we can sell please advice. thanks
  • 181. Ayyub malik said on 4/4/2011 2:28:12 PM
    khadvli, Tal. Titwala 5 Guntas area. can i start EMU Farming?
  • 182. Moiz Nadir Betul M.P said on 4/5/2011 10:15:33 AM
    Hi sir, I Moiz Nadir from Betul M.P I have 5 acres unirrigated land, I intending to start Emu birds farming, for this I have some relevant questions are,
    1. MINIMUM CAPITAL
    2. WHERE IS CONVENIENT TO BUY CHICKS OR EGGS.
    3. WHERE TO SELL THEM.
    4. HOW TO CARE BIRDS $ EGGS.
    5. ABOUT BIRDS FOOD.
    PLZ SIR REPLY SOON. Contact No. 09584658152
  • 183. sunil REEDU said on 4/5/2011 11:51:27 AM
    sir I want to know about profit and loss in emu farming. sir please tell me about its care and egg protection. and from where we can buy and sell them and what they eat. I will be thankful to you for this.
  • 184. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 4/6/2011 7:51:13 AM
    @Nagendra
    1. To start emu farm with 25 pairs you may require approx 7.5 to 8 lacs upto one year.
    2. To see some snaps of emu farm u can check at my orkut profile emubirds.2010@gmail.com

@Laxmaiah K, All banks in our state (Andhra Pradesh) provides loan for Emu projects. You require 100 sqft per bird. For some more info please check the previous postings or call me on my mob.

@Dr.Mahesh Patel, Sir your blog is very nice with all information to the new farmers interested in Emu. Thanks for joining with us here.

@G Premkumar, In your land you can start with 90 emu birds. If u call me i will give some of the farmers contact nos. nearby to your area.

@Pankaj Lochan, Please read some of my previous postings to get a brief knowledge of Emus.

@Mohd Abdul Majid, you can sell emus to new farmers starting nearby to your area or contact some Emu Processing units at Hyderabad, vijayawada, Guntur or can call me for buyers. you can also ask your vendor(who sold you the birds) for a buy Back agreement also. Market is growing very fast and need not worry for marketing.

@Ayub Malik, you can definitely start emu Farming. Please tell me in Sq yards or sq feet or acres to suggest exact no of birds

@Moiz Nadir Betul,
    1. Minimum Capital is Rs.3 lacs.
    2. You can buy/sell chicks at many places from Andhra, Maharastra, karnataka, Tamilnadu etc
    3. You can sell at any place (we supplied almost to 16 states in India)
    4. Caring of birds are very easy from its 3 months of age. You can get suggestions from many farmers or there are some books regarding this.
    5. Main Feed is Maize and some other combinations of Soya bean. You can also feed them with all vegetables.

@Sunil Reedu, Hope u got all answers for your question from my above postings. You can earn Rs.30000 to Rs.50000 per pair per year from emu farming. for further details of u can call me.

• 185. Utpal Joshi said on 4/7/2011 2:38:23 PM
    I am interested doing emu farming I have read almost all the comments on site. can you provide detailed calculation of emu farming
    1. calculation of costing
    2. calculation of marketing
    3. How do i get loans and subsidy if any
    4. Is loan covers all the things which are required for farming viz. cost of land, cost of infrastructure, cost of birds, working capital etc. pl. provide me above details.
  • 186. chandra said on 4/8/2011 8:05:04 AM
    Hi Vamsi, I am planning to start Emu farm with 25 pairs. Can u pls provide me the complete details of Emu farm:
    1. How much place and cost it will take for 2 years?
    2. How about Profits. From which year onwards the profits will start?
    3. Where I can sell Emu birds,Eggs?
    4. Emu food habits?
    5. Suitable climate conditions?
    6. How many man power require for taking care of 25 pairs?
    7. how about diseases?
    8. is it possible to start a form with 40 female and 10 male emus Or it will pair only with 1:1 ratio?
  • 187. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 4/9/2011 10:57:01 AM
    @Utpal Joshi,
    1. You can get all calculations and financial details with a Detailed Project report which we can make for your needs @Rs.3000/- and 2 books regarding Emu Farming costs you Rs.2000/-. If interested you can call me for further details.
    2. Presently emu stocks cannot meet atleast 1% of the requirement in India. Hence we expect good demand for next 10 more years. No problem of marketing.
    3. You can get Bank and Nabard loans by submitting project reports to the banker. mostly all banks give loan for this.
    4. Loan covers all requirements for the farming except land. You will be eligible for Nabard loan(interest free) for the projects below 30lacs.

@Chandra,

2. You can earn Rs.30000 to Rs.50000 per pair per year from emu farming. From 2nd year u can get revenue. break even is for 4 years.
    3. You can sell at any place (we supplied almost to 16 states in India)You can buy/sell chicks at many places in Andhra, Maharastra, karnataka, Tamilnadu etc
    4. Main Feed is Maize and some other combinations of Soya bean. You can also feed them with all vegetables.
    5. Emu can survive in an climatic conditions(hot/cold).
    6. Single person is enough to maintain 25 pairs.
    7. Its very resistant bird, no problems with any diseases after 3 months of age.
    8. Male female ratio is 1:1. U cant maintain at 1:4 or in any other way.

@Arif Shaik,

1. Emu egg rate ranges from 1250/- to 1800/-.
    2. You can contact many people presently doing this farming you can get lot of contacts in net itself.
    3. Delivery terms and all depends on buyer and seller.
    4. You can get Nabard loan interest free loan. Current charges are calculated by Category III/IV.
    5. Call me for the Project report.

• 188. Lalit Kumar said on 4/10/2011 8:44:35 AM
    I would like to know the probable cost per EMU chick and details of vaccination required if any? And what are the precautionary measures to avoid diseases?
  • 189. PIYUSH MUKHERJEE said on 4/10/2011 3:11:23 PM
    We are interested to start EMU cultivation at Bardwan in west Bengal. Please let us know the whereabouts of this project and oblige. hanking you, we remain. (M) 09830503500
  • 190. Mannan said on 4/12/2011 2:38:45 AM
    Sir I want to start EMU cultivation in Zaheerabad. Medak distk... what are the thing we need for that how much we have invest for that... how is place what are the requirement for that. what EMU eat how many times eat a day? after how many moths we will sell 1 Emu how many Eat gives ... thank you, Regar, Mannan 9440518103
  • 191. niranjan said on 4/12/2011 2:31:19 PM
    sir i wants to start farm with 10 pair of emu chicks i have 3000 sq feet place how much cost will come for this project ? where i will gate the chicks? i'm from chandpur , dist nayagarh ,orissa
  • 192. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 4/13/2011 8:51:22 AM
    @Lalit Kumar, Cost of 3 months old chick is approx 12000/- to 15000/- per pair. No vaccinations are necessary for this bird. Maintaining good biometric system( clean farm, Good food n water) is enough. Its a very resistant bird.

@Piyush Mukherjee, Please call me for project reports and all the details.

@Mannan, Please read previous postings, you can get all your required Info.

@niranjan,
    1. For 10 pairs you require approx 4 lacs investment for next 2 years(until u get eggs). 2. Your space is sufficient for 15 pairs of chicks. 3. We can supply you the chicks. I have my own farm at Andhra Pradesh.

• 193. sathish said on 4/14/2011 1:13:29 PM
    sir i am sathish from vijayawada. i want to start a emu farm with 25pairs pls tell me the cost of the total project and some guidance and some precautions about emu diseases and how to prevent
  • 194. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 4/18/2011 12:30:27 AM
    @Satish, your project may cost approx 6-7 lacs. As there are many farms in vijayawada and surroundings you can get good guidance from your local doctor itself. I am from Chirala. you can call me for further details.

• 195. Shivaji Nalawade said on 4/20/2011 5:57:45 AM
    Dear Sir, I am Shivaji from Konkan Region, Dist Sindhudurg, Maharashtra. I want to start emu farm with 25 pairs. Is it mandatory to have the pairs and how much it cost. When I inquired here, they are telling cost per pair is Rs. 16,000/-? Is this cost correct? I have my own land. How to get the agriculture loan from banks. How fast can I get the loan. Please advise. Thanks and Regards Shivaji Nalawade
  • 196. FRANCIS XAVIER said on 4/20/2011 11:18:14 AM
    dear sir, i am from kerala trivandrum . i want to start emu farming and to sell emu chicks. how much does it cost to start.
  • 197. Vamsi@9246780131 expert adviser said on 4/22/2011 2:17:47 AM
    @Shivaji Nalawade
    1. If you want to start farm with 25 pairs your total project costs will be Rs.7.5lacs(approx)
    2. Its mandatory to have pairing in 1:1 ratio (5% more or less)
    3. Price depends upon the age of the chicks. 3 months old chicks cost u Rs.15000/- per pair approx.
    4. To get loans from bank and NABARD you have to submit the detailed project report(We can prepare for u) for your local banker n they will guide u the rest.

@Francis Xavier, Please read all my previous postings to get the complete idea.

• 198. Prasad said on 4/22/2011 2:22:57 AM
    @Vamsi Sir, Thank u very much for your suggestions to start Emu Farm. We have applied for the bank loan with the project report we got from you. Bankers are very much interested with the project and promised us to provide loan within a couple of weeks. the books you have sent us also are very informative. Please suggest us how to get NABARD loan also.
  • 199. c.jeyapal said on 4/22/2011 4:40:48 AM
    Dear sir, Saw your comments and happy to know abt the details. I have 5000 sq feet in tirunelveli district. pls advice me the capital investment and financial assistance from banks and the total project report. Thanks, c.jeyapal.
  • 200. chandrababu said on 4/26/2011 10:07:18 AM
    hai sir i am chandrababu from chittor distic studying m.sc biotechnology .i was interest in business to start the emu form. what about marketing .feed details i know some thing about it please detail about marinating