How to Start a Duck Farm

Poultry is very popular source of income in the farm as the demand for eggs and poultry's meat keeps on rising. From the remote area of a farm down to the crowded city, the need for the poultry's output is very much high indeed.

Poultry doesn't refer only to chicken-raising but also to duck-raising as well. Ducks' eggs are of high demand most especially to those health-conscious people.

They prefer duck's eggs rather than the chicken for it contains more nutrients than the later.

To have a productive and successful duck farm you need to know the proper way of rearing ducks. You must know the basics of proper feeding, duck breeding, etc.

Start them Young

It is advisable to start rearing a duckling as it is easier to handle than to have them as grown-up ducks. Grown-up ducks are noticeably resistant than the ducklings.

Build a Coop that is Conducive to Growth

Make your coop not smaller than 3.5 to 4 sq. ft for every duck as this will give enough space for the ducks to move freely. As they grow, they need more space, so better plan to build a shelter that will not hinder their movement as they are growing. Maintain enough number of ducks in a coop as this will reflect good output during the harvest time.

Feeding the Ducks

Have their foods wet rather than dry to make them eat more. Ducks love wet food and this affect their eggs, making it bigger and even heavier. Seafood like shrimps, fishes, clamps, shells etc. are the common and very nutritious food for ducks, however if these are not available, you may give them a combination of feeds and chicken laying mass. To increase their egg production, give your egg laying ducks with supplementary feed.

Some alternative feeds for ducks:

• Banana Peelings – Instead of throwing it, have it dried under the sun and powder it by crushing as this is the best source of protein to help your ducks grow faster than the usual. Based on researches, banana peelings contain more fibers, fats and calcium but less phosphorus compare to rice bran.
  • Sweet Potatoes and Cassava – If your farm has plenty of these, feed it to your ducks! Have it dried under the sun and pulverized it. As researches show that ducks fed with this food are laying eggs more compared to those ducks which are only fed by corn.
  • Seaweeds – This may cost you little if your farm is near the sea. Researches show that ducks fed with half rice bran and half seaweeds laid more eggs than those ducks which are fed by pure rice bran.

Additional Tip: have your duck farm with plenty of water for your ducks to swim into as this will affect their egg laying productivity. Prove it to yourself, and see the difference!

FAQ

Q. What are the various types of duck available in the market for farming?

A. Different breeds available in the market are Rouen duck, Pekin, Mandarin duck, wood duck etc.

Q. What breed of duck is best for eggs?

A. White pekin duck is best for eggs.

• Tips to Build Chicken Pens
    If you are looking for the best way to get your chickens laid healthy and good eggs on a regular basis, you must invest and build the best chicken pens for them. Building chicken pens can definitely give you a lot of eggs regularly especially if you need this for your business.
  • How much it Costs to Raise Chickens
    If you want to raise chickens for a business, you should determine first the cost of raising chickens before starting the business. There are few things that you should consider so you must be aware of these things too in order for you to success.

• 1. Goerge Munyiri said on 10/7/2010 10:09:33 AM
    I wish to start a duck and rabbit farm in Embu. How i would wish to get detailed information.
  • 2. Karisa Ngala Kadenge said on 12/14/2010 4:58:13 AM
    I wish to start a duck and rabbit farm in Kikambala Mtwapa. How can u help my find capital and proceed with this venture.NB Might decide to settle down in the farm to focus more on this farming business if it is convincing/provide for my family.
  • 3. Kavitha said on 2/5/2011 10:18:04 PM
    I like to start duck farm in Kedah,Malaysia. How can u help me to find capital and proceed with this ventures. Can i get business loan from government.
  • 4. Humphrey M wansite said on 3/17/2011 1:29:51 PM
    My farm is in korogwe district in Tanga region in Tanzania. I would like to learn more about duck and rabbit keeping
  • 5. Raghunath expert adviser said on 3/17/2011 1:56:05 PM
    @Humphrey M wansite, Hello Humphrey M wansite, Generally people choose to raise duck for meat or for eggs. So what is your choice duck eggs or meat? According to your plan you can choose the best breed for your farm. You can check the FAQ section at the top for different breeds. Here are few things to learn for raising ducks.
    • Brooding your ducklings. It is really important to know the details about brooding ducklings to start and grow your farm.
    • Housing for your ducks
    • About food and feeding method of ducks

Raghunath Natarajan
    Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)

• 6. Nilo M. Hautea said on 4/12/2011 9:14:35 PM
    I have 800 ducks at present. We used our ducks to feed them on the rice field after harvest but availability of rice field is not enough. Lately i used to feed them dried and pulverized banana since banana plantation is near our place. I'm feeding them 70 percent pulverized banana, 20 percent rice bran, fishmeal, salt and limestone added. I'm feeding ducks this way since for me it is the cheapest way than rice bran or corn, but i'm also worried if this way of feeding is not good for my ducks. My ducks stop laying eggs when rice field is hardly available last 3 weeks and their feeders change. after that i feed them banana but until now they are still not laying eggs. Are these feedings affects their laying? Pls. advise me. Thank you.
  • 7. john rey macaraya suerte said on 8/18/2011 12:38:57 AM
    could you give me an idea on how to have an successful duck farm
  • 8. Mani said on 1/14/2012 9:54:08 PM
    West Bengal, India i like to start duck firm pl tell how to start n how many place will required to keep 1000 ducks
  • 9. ramsingh said on 1/22/2012 1:07:36 PM
    i want stat duck farm in uttrakhand in bageswer dist. can u tell me what are the things required for starting small duck farm
  • 10. louie cea said on 2/13/2012 12:30:08 AM
    I am finish my job as overseas worker now I'm staying home in the Philippines, in this regards I want to start duck poultry farm, How can I start the poultry and what are tools needed I going to prepare. Please give an advise. Thanks alot
  • 11. Joseph said on 4/22/2012 12:30:39 PM
    I am from kerala I want to farm ducks. it is not easy to get low cost feed .feeding maggots leads to infection .feeding banana peels also seem impractical, first we have to dry eat ,then powder it
  • 12. evangeline pascual hewlett said on 4/30/2012 4:15:42 AM
    hi i am new to duck raising i have just started with 2000 ducks ready to lay and now laying 260 eggs. just wondering what is best to farm the ducks as for now they are still in rice field during the day and come home to the duck shed at night, some people say that its best to keep the ducks 24hrs a day in shed for maximize egg laying. but to keep feed cost low and a happy ducks they are still free range as they are only starting to lay eggs...eggs are going up everyday by the way my ducks farm is in philippines...hope to hear your advice
  • 13. w.ibotombi said on 5/30/2012 11:49:28 PM
    I am Indian from Manipur I have prepare for the duck farm. I want to start 1000 ducks. So give me advices, land require, easily feeding, how to prepare shelter and healthy ducks. Thanks you.
  • 14. kasim said on 6/22/2012 8:41:32 AM
    sir, i am interested setup the duck firm for egg.500 hundred duck. i am in india assam. which type of duck is better. land required. how i make house. food medicine everything need for firm so pls details. thanks
  • 15. Shiro said on 6/27/2012 5:38:24 AM
    nice article,i think i wanna start with 500 Daily Old Duck (DOD) Shiro, Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia
  • 16. vijay patole said on 7/23/2012 2:56:32 AM
    I am finish my job as CNC operator worker now I'm staying home in the dharmapuri village dist solapur, in this regards I want to start duck poultry farm, How can I start the poultry and what are tools needed I going to prepare. Please give an advise. Thanks alot....!
  • 17. kevin killeen said on 8/14/2012 3:41:40 PM
    I am Irish and I want to prepare for the duck farm. I want to start 1000 ducks. So give me advice, land required, easily feeding, how to prepare shelter and healthy ducks. Thank you.
  • 18. matin clark said on 9/20/2012 8:59:49 AM
    We want to start a duck farm to produce eggs and to slaughter, can you please advised where to start.
  • 19. mujju said on 9/21/2012 10:36:37 AM
    I am ready to start a duck farm if u have all information about duck please forward all details.
  • 20. peter Nyarwa said on 9/25/2012 5:28:54 AM
    I started a duck farm and i want to expand it.I need your advice.
  • 21. rashid raju said on 10/9/2012 6:12:36 AM
    Hello sir. i am raju live in jhansi india(u.p.) ....please give me Advice for duck farming ......... with par duck price and feed cost thank you...
  • 22. pk singh said on 10/12/2012 1:13:00 AM
    i am pr amod singh we start duck farm advice with hatchery farm i start 200 duck i want your advice,
  • 23. sujit kumar singh said on 11/8/2012 12:18:38 AM
    I live in west Bengal Hooghly District and I want to start duck poultry farm and want to all information about duck farming please forward all details.
  • 24. ibotombi said on 11/11/2012 4:01:58 AM
    I am from Imphal. My farm site is Wabagai Thoubal distric. I will like to start duck farm of 1000 ducks, pliz, advice how many land required , feeding , shelter , precaution of health and managements.
  • 25. chandan kumar khatua said on 11/19/2012 12:33:38 AM
    sir, i want to start a duck firm please tell me procedure where i get its proposal pls tell me
  • 26. amir said on 11/20/2012 8:04:06 AM
    can ducks live near the sea shore does saltwater affect their egg production?
  • 27. george norres said on 12/16/2012 3:03:08 AM
    hi..sir. presently am working in djibouti. i am planning to settle back in india. my place is in kochi.kerala. i would like to know about duck egg farm and chicken egg farm. for 1000 duck and chicken how much it will cost and food per day and how long they give eggs. for chicken farm what kind of climate they need etc. thankin you, george norres
  • 28. acdas said on 12/27/2012 12:19:04 PM
    i from wb, hooghly going to start & run a khakicampable farm. detail information about source of ducklings, boiler ducks, food habits and infrastructure. decided for 2000 nos at initial stage.
  • 29. Joe said on 1/4/2013 10:44:42 PM
    Hi, I am an experienced duck farmer of 20 years+ . I raise only muscovy ducks. I live in California, USA. I am trying to find info or companies or anything where I could sell my ducklings too each year? I have always raised them for a hobby and have hundreds, but could start a legitimate thing out of it. And raise thousands each year. Can anyone help me out? Point me in the right direction, who to contact and all that please. Any sites, numbers, emails. Locations of places that would buy in quantity, or ideas on what I should do? anything would help. Thanks!
  • 30. m said on 1/18/2013 12:34:23 PM
    india, kerala, pathanamthia. i would like to start a duck farm consisting of 600 ducks i want expert advice
  • 31. Chandregowda mk said on 2/9/2013 12:34:30 AM
    How to Start a Duck Farming. I want information. Turuvekere (T) Tumkur (D) karannataka
  • 32. Ian said on 2/23/2013 1:59:26 AM
    I am a freelance consultant from UK, based in Thailand, 10 years as Consultant for large Thai producer of ducks and 6 years Technical Advisor worldwide for UK duck breeding company. Previously in poultry. Should you require a consultant please contact me on the above email. Thank you. Regards Ian
  • 33. michelle s. rosario said on 3/17/2013 10:59:56 PM
    i'm doing my feasibility study about duck farming, may i ask if it is feasible to build my duck farm near the hi-way and in a vacant lot near fish ponds and not fields.
  • 34. B.K. PANICKER said on 4/17/2013 12:38:49 AM
    80 km from mumbai city, maharashtra , india I want to start a duck farm. Please suggest all things. Thanks
  • 35. R.K.Mandal said on 4/20/2013 6:36:08 AM
    I want to start Duck hatchery project. Please suggest. Birbhum,west Bengal. mob.-9836633886
  • 36. Dennis Lopez said on 4/25/2013 12:40:53 AM
    I want to put up a duck farm may be 2000 heads or more. I would like to ask if how much will it cost me as an initial investment since I am planning to buy ducklings. Also please advise if how much will it cost me monthly like feeds etc before my ducks will lay eggs. I am from Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines.
  • 37. Max said on 4/26/2013 9:52:31 AM
    Hi I'm like to start duck farm please tell me where I should start?
  • 38. ramanujam said on 4/29/2013 2:17:10 AM
    Am from andrapradesh , karimnager district, i have interest on duck farm, so please kindly help me how to start this & and provide me its productivity & exporting full details....
  • 39. Velentina Thangjam said on 5/12/2013 9:04:02 AM
    I'm frm Manipur, India n my village is in kairembikhok, Thoubal district. i've started rearing 12 ducks n mother duck has also laid 17 eggs so can u advice me some tips to make my duck grow more faster.
  • 40. Tahir Ayub said on 5/19/2013 6:46:08 PM
    I am from Pakistan I want to start a duck farm please suggest me that which breed is best for eggs.
  • 41. syed shahab said on 6/10/2013 2:10:51 PM
    me live in pakistan in kharian city . My problem is that i dont find the place in pakistan from where i buy the duck chicks
  • 42. farrukh bashir said on 6/21/2013 1:48:23 AM
    From where we can buy duck chicks
  • 43. utpal mukherjee said on 6/27/2013 6:26:58 AM
    like any other animal ducks too require, energy, minerals, vitamins and water in a specific proportion. After many years of research our company make a complete duck feed, now we supply the feed in various company & animal husbandry in west bengal. any required pls contact, nigomananda food product, burdwan, west bengal, 9332294671, our feeds is the best your duck. we also supply the best chicks.
  • 44. Musa Ali said on 7/8/2013 7:18:37 AM
    I am a residents of Samsi a village in the district Malda in West Bengal, I am from a poor farmer family back ground and do have some vacant land besides our house and I have planed to start a duck rearing farm. In this regards I wanted to know in details of this from A TO Z. From where I will get help in this context, if some one will help me i would remain great thankful to him. I wanted to start the farm for commercial purpose. My name is Musa Ali.and my contact no-9831836174
  • 45. vando said on 7/8/2013 10:35:26 AM
    Please you pray for me, I wish my family to blesses to the poor, homeless, orphans kids. So i need to start ducks farm business i Battambang Cambodia. Matthew 21:22. Thank you so much.
  • 46. Ratan said on 7/18/2013 2:25:45 PM
    Sir I want to be a successful duck farm. please give me advice
  • 47. khalid mehmood said on 7/20/2013 4:03:14 PM
    i am in karachi pakistan wants to guide me about duck farming for eggs
  • 48. vinod yadav said on 7/22/2013 4:42:40 AM
    sir i am in india(mumbai) i am having land out side city and i like to start a duck farming for eggs & meat please give me advice to start a new business
  • 49. Cheow Goh said on 7/31/2013 8:40:23 PM
    I am looking at buying over a duck farm in New Zealand from a friend who is retiring. 8 acres of land , 2 ponds plus all equipments/machinery .Currently have 500 ducks .Can go upto 5000 ducks. I know nothing about duck farming. Was in banking all my life. Pls advise whether I should hire someone to live in the farm and do the stuff for me. Tks
  • 50. Goutam Mukhopadhyaya said on 8/5/2013 8:44:30 AM
    I want to start a duck farm in Jharkhand but I have no idea please advice me. Please give me the complete details for this business. I want to start is as soon as possible. I have all the facilities like land , water resources. I can arrange other requirements also.
  • 51. topu das said on 8/8/2013 3:26:19 AM
    hi myself topu das i from hyderabad india .i want to start a duck farm in hyderabad plz advice me the complete details for the duck business. how much area is needed for the farm. and which breed is good for egg and meat production .
  • 52. Junaid said on 8/12/2013 11:43:40 AM
    i have read your contents, these are very much informative. i just want to know if i produce 100 kg of food then how much banana peeling or sweet potato could be used to make a proper food value as these items are available in our country. please answer my question as soon as possible. i am from Dhaka, Bangladesh.
  • 53. Roshan said on 8/12/2013 3:13:05 PM
    Hello Sir, I want to start duck farm in Amravati, MH. Can you will consult me for this project & help in bank loan & selling of eggs.
  • 54. topu das said on 8/13/2013 5:21:49 AM
    dear sir i havent received any mail from ur side plz do advise me the complete details how to start a duck farm waiting for ur mail hope to receive it on time this time its really important for us.
  • 55. sadatullah said on 8/23/2013 10:03:36 AM
    sir, i want to start a khaki cambell duck farm ,where will i get ducklings of khaki cambell plzz send me details with phone no, my location as: lalgola, murshidabad, west bengal, india,
  • 56. monoj said on 8/26/2013 8:13:04 AM
    I am from Assam and want to start the duck business so please give me some advice for it.
  • 57. Dev Meitei said on 9/19/2013 12:17:28 PM
    I am from Manipur,I want to become a great successful man by doing duck farms.Plz give me the methods of this farms.
  • 58. Ali said on 9/20/2013 4:44:20 AM
    I would like to start duck farming in pakistan, punjab, lahore site, please guide me in detail for this purpose around about 2 lac rupees as investment.
  • 59. susanth kumar mandal said on 10/15/2013 2:24:23 AM
    i agree to start a duck farming in orissa, so give ideas to start. both eggs & chicken. pond available.
  • 60. Saheed said on 10/23/2013 5:32:45 PM
    Thanks, its An Eye Opner Read 2 Start, i Will Be Communicate U 4rm Nigeria
  • 61. salmin said on 10/26/2013 9:06:48 AM
    i am farmer duck, so how can i improve my business at my lower capital plz help me. tanzani, 23yrs
  • 62. ASIM YOUSAF said on 10/30/2013 8:12:28 AM
    I WANT TO START DUCK FARMING IN LAHORE PAKISTAN. I HAVE ALREADY OSTRICH FARMING AND BEEF FATTENING FARM. PLEASE LET ME KNOW FROM WHERE I CAN BUY PURE KHAKI CAMPBELL BREED. SO I CAN START DUCK FARM. I WANT TO DO FARMING FOR EGGS. I MEAN LAYER DUCK FARM. WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE . REGARDS ASIM
  • 63. gautam said on 10/31/2013 2:27:51 AM
    To start a duck farm I want the help from you. I am from westbengal india.
  • 64. aditya sharma said on 11/6/2013 2:10:41 AM
    I am from bargarh, odisha, india. i am a poultry feed n chicks trader.now I want to start duck trading but I could not found any duck hatchery in Orissa or near by. so kindly plz help me to find out the contact detail of any duck hatchery. thank's
  • 65. Rashid Mahmood Butt said on 11/14/2013 8:14:45 AM
    hello dear i'm a pakistani want to set up duck farm beside my wheat flour mill and like to utalize the wheat washing water having lot of small impurities wheat for the duck feed. would u pl advise me about this farm. i shall have pound in 1 kanal or 5000sq feet area with 4-5 feet deep is it sufficient for 3000 birds. i shall have same dry space surrounding the pound with grass. i need your advise to start up and the threats in this business. regards rashid mahmood butt
  • 66. Md.Rahmat.Alam said on 11/21/2013 8:51:04 AM
    sir, I want to start khaki Campbell duck farming with hatching in ranchi, jharkhand. what is the prospect and if possible please give me detail project proposal ,for 5000 approx khaki Campbell duck, what will be the input and output, i want to tie with other hatchery or farm .which company perched the eggs, where we contact for purchase the birds feeds, any scheme by government in this project. help me .thank you.
  • 67. hitpal singh said on 11/25/2013 12:14:35 PM
    hello sir!! I want to start a duck farm in rajasthan in pali disti. Can you give me information about breed and where to seal eggs and how profitable this business is.
  • 68. Prem Bihar Nagar said on 11/29/2013 11:23:54 AM
    I want to start a duck farm in country india state rajasthan dist. Baran but I have no idia Please advice me. Please give me complete details for this business. I want to start is as soon as possible. I have all the facilities like land, water, resources. I can arrange other requirement also. so again plz give me all detail.
  • 69. sergio said on 12/2/2013 3:38:26 AM
    Sir, i'm planning to raise duck , please give a good idea in w/c location i put , it is advisable near in the sea? Please give a complete details... thank u.....
  • 70. andy said on 12/2/2013 7:46:49 AM
    sir, i want to start duck raising in tarlac, philippines. i need ur advise to get info from farms where in nearest to my location. duckling/hatchery and more details before putting my own business. i knew some farms, doing these business for long time, but i don't have their address where could contact them. so, i would like to thank you sir in giving some support of my future plan.
  • 71. abhijit chutia said on 12/5/2013 3:37:41 AM
    Sir I want to start a duck farm please give a advice.
  • 72. Rana Ahmad Jawad said on 12/13/2013 9:24:10 AM
    sir, I want to start a duck farm near Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. I don't know from where to buy ducklings. I need complete detail. Is there any farm which can be visited to get information? waiting for your support. Thanks.
  • 73. Ankush Das Gupta said on 12/28/2013 4:30:28 AM
    I am from Burdwan District(West Bengal) and want to start Duck Farming. Please help me in this regard.
  • 74. Vixay VANG said on 12/29/2013 11:25:39 PM
    Hi! I, myself wish a plan to start a duck farm in my country(Vientiane, Laos) but I am poor of the information and how to start it so, could you give me some advises or the best way? I am here waiting for your support.
  • 75. Khalid Hussain Malik said on 1/2/2014 10:59:05 PM
    Sir, I want to start Duck farm, if feasible. Pl, guide me.
  • 76. Romesh Meitei said on 1/13/2014 10:44:17 PM
    Myself Romesh from imphal, I have two acres so that I will say that how many ducks are there settle in this places? What kind of duck's breed is more suitable for meat?
  • 77. DEBABRATA GIRI said on 1/22/2014 9:32:13 AM
    I want to open a duck farm, at fatepur, ramnagar, purba medinipur, west bengal-721441, india. Inform me about duck chicks, feed............
  • 78. Benny K A said on 1/24/2014 10:54:07 PM
    I am from Kochi, Kerala. We have got a unused quarry spread around 2 acres of land with plenty of water and we propose to start with a duck farm inside. Please provide me feasibility for this project to enable me to initiate. ( Benny K A )
  • 79. Hitesh Shrivastav said on 1/28/2014 11:39:11 PM
    i m starting a ducks farming business pls contact me 7820943007
  • 80. Josie Falcis said on 2/1/2014 1:46:50 PM
    Hi i am from the Philippines and have 700 ducks only 150 are laying eggs. would really appreciate if you could help me to improve my eggs production? i am feeding them a commercial feeds and gave them a vitamins and some extra food from the farm. Please i need some advise. Many Thanks, Josie
  • 81. Ojo Jacob said on 2/14/2014 7:58:15 AM
    I am interested in starting duck farming in Nigeria, apart from black duck, which specie can I start with? Please, advise me.
  • 82. sadiq uddin said on 3/6/2014 5:34:55 AM
    Just to let everyone who is interested in knowing how much it costs to feed duck farm in bangladesh, my farm has 1500 ducks and I spend around 22,000 bangladesh taka everyday on feed, it is not cheap to feed duck farm and every season prices change so sometimes it cost more and sometimes a little less.
  • 83. sadiq uddin said on 3/6/2014 5:36:14 AM
    Sorry I meant to say 2200 bangladesh taka every day
  • 84. Edwin paul said on 3/17/2014 4:18:52 PM
    Hello, I am indenting to start duck farm with 1000 ducks for eggs production in Philippines. Could you please help me in the following issues?
    1. What should be the breed?
    2. What is the estimated cost of 1000 ducks?
    3. What is the estimated cost of feed for 1000 ducks daily?
    4. what are the other necessary tools regarding this?
    Waiting for your response.
  • 85. Stanley Hamaga said on 4/1/2014 8:23:55 AM
    Hi sir..am from Papua New Guinea,I really wanted to start up a duck poultry please need more of your advice.I've started with 200 hundred ducks.
  • 86. jaspal said on 4/1/2014 11:09:54 AM
    my name is jaspal i want to start duck poultry farm please give me the advise & information
  • 87. kundan sk said on 4/3/2014 2:53:56 AM
    Sir can u give me a detail information, how to start duck farm and where it sale his eggs and meat, and what is rate of per egg or bulk, and how can i find buyers in market.
  • 88. Langpoklakpam Purna Singh said on 4/7/2014 3:22:11 AM
    I am Purna from Imphal. I want to start a duck farm with 1000 birds capacity. Please provide me some details about Pekin ducks, where i can get this breeds.
  • 89. ayanda said on 4/13/2014 1:47:49 PM
    Hi i'm Ayanda from Durban I wish to start a Duck farm and if I can get help i'm waiting for a funding it has been approved. please assist. thank you.
  • 90. ak badal said on 4/19/2014 3:51:04 AM
    I have a very small plot 12feet x25 feet. How can I start duck farming in it? If possible, will u please advice me with the layout and number of ducks I can start with. Thanking u
  • 91. Dayal singh said on 4/20/2014 12:45:22 AM
    Hi. I want to start duck farming in ajmer(Rajesthan) so kindly suggest me how much investment needed to start a duck farm(minimum). and who is the buyer of egg.
  • 92. MANMOHAN said on 4/20/2014 1:07:52 PM
    Better to start with small numbers say around 25. The breed that you can prefer is vegova which actually originated in vetnam. it takes two months to get the ducks ready for culling, minimum weigh will be around two and a half kilo. The most good part is that those breed dosn't need much water space, should say not needed.
  • 93. geraldine said on 4/30/2014 2:57:19 AM
    i'm working in dubai, but i want to have other income to sustain my children schooling. I want raise ducks for laying eggs. can you advise how much capital do I need to prepare and where can my husband go for seminar a technical know how in raising a duck please email me thanks by the way, may i know how many sq meters do a 1000 ducks needed for housing. thanks
  • 94. Eline msuya said on 5/7/2014 12:29:48 PM
    I live Tanzania I have 500 duck 'and more where can I get market?
  • 95. Satrawala d.c. said on 5/8/2014 6:57:54 AM
    I am interested in Start duck farming in Ajmer (Rajasthan) Please give me suggestion for duck eggs demand in which markets. Thanks
  • 96. LIYO said on 5/21/2014 1:34:47 AM
    Dear Sir, I have interest to start 1 duck farm in Kerala. Am looking for Egg and Meet Purpose. so can u give me any experienced person contact no in Kerala or any other agencies No. Regards, LIYO
  • 97. malil bashir said on 5/21/2014 9:54:36 AM
    I want to start a duck egg farm plz send me full details thanks I wants to start the farm 2000 birds
  • 98. JIT SARKAR said on 5/25/2014 5:27:01 PM
    I would like to start my own duck farm in Ahamad pur, pin- 731201, Birbhum, West Bengal,India.
  • 99. sunder sapam said on 5/31/2014 1:45:35 PM
    hi i am sunder from khongjom chingtham 795148 dist. Thoubal. City imphal .sate manipur india i have 200 ducks at my home. Plez, tell me how to start a duck farm
  • 100. debasish paul said on 6/15/2014 12:43:30 PM
    hi, i would like to start a integrated farming (duck and fish). want expert advice. how can i get this? Please let me know asap.
  • 101. sanjit saha said on 6/26/2014 3:06:33 PM
    I am Malda district, west bengal, India. I started a duck farm but I don't know about it. Please help me
  • 102. ketan kaleb said on 6/30/2014 4:37:32 AM
    hello sir i am ketan kaleb from garhwa jharkhand (india). sir how to start duck farm
  • 103. Imran Shaukat. said on 7/9/2014 8:29:39 AM
    I intend to set up Duck farm in Sadiqabad, Punjab. Pakistan, How can u help me. Regards. Imran
  • 104. Napoleon C. de Jesus said on 7/9/2014 7:13:10 PM
    I'm a private employee and really want to start a business like duck raising as my another source of income. May i request for a pattern in making proposal for this project?
  • 105. ALI RAZA said on 7/17/2014 7:26:58 AM
    i want to start duck farm in Lahore,Punjab. Pakistan i have 36000 sq feet land. please help me for this hatchery. what are the other necessary tools regarding this? i am waiting for your good advise, thank you.
  • 106. Brian Vendelboe beginner adviser said on 7/19/2014 2:23:03 PM
    Hi every body, How is it going with all your plans about to start duck/chicken farming? I am a professional duck and chicken and pig farmer. And at the moment I am working as a consultant. I am a Danish man, but I am living in Russia for 1 year. How is it going with all your plans about to start duck/chicken farming? If you need all information about duck/chicken farming, then please contact me on my email bvendelboe@jubii.dk. ll the best and good luck, Brian Vendelboe

bvendelboe@jubii.dk || Consultant

• 107. ching said on 7/26/2014 1:10:23 AM
    hi i want to start an ornamental duck farm but i dont know where such ducks{mandarin ducks, mallard duck, swans, etc}are available in india. so please advise me where such ducks are available in india, thank you. waiting for a good reply.
  • 108. iqbam said on 8/5/2014 3:17:34 AM
    i want to start a duck farm at local measures please give me detail for this purpose when and where i start my home business
  • 109. abhijeet singh said on 8/23/2014 4:37:26 AM
    I want to know how duck live. what eat food. Which type of food they like
  • 110. muhammad arif said on 8/25/2014 4:51:17 AM
    i want to start this duck farm in fasialabad i need your help,
  • 111. muhammad arif said on 8/25/2014 4:52:05 AM
    i want to start this business in pakistan faisalabad ,03007903145
  • 112. jitu saha said on 9/7/2014 4:01:39 AM
    I WANT TO establised a khakhi cambrel duck farm. Our land estd are khayerbuni, illambazar, birbhum, wb, india. This lands are no document but this 80*35sq meter lands are farming last 35 year our father. i am a jobless 24years graduate boy, so this time we are starting a farm. i do not invest many rupees. then please say to me what process we start to farming and loan passed for my farm. and how many duck , and how many rupees to this farm.
  • 113. Barry said on 9/8/2014 8:58:25 AM
    I want to start a backyard poultry duck farm in Lagos as a hobby/business. I have built a duck coop to house about 50 birds, fenced the yard with sufficient ground, and made a small pond. What I need know are ducklings to rear. Can you advise where to get these ducklings. They seem to be scarce in this locality
  • 114. Arvind Kumar Sonker said on 9/12/2014 11:51:46 AM
    my name is arvind. I want to start duck farm. I dont know how to start and how to make a project report of duck farming so please can you u advise ....
  • 115. Sharyar said on 9/17/2014 12:25:13 PM
    Want to start duck farm... Need guidance about breeds, farm requirements, feed etc. Capacity 3000
  • 116. javed sajid said on 9/19/2014 10:22:48 PM
    A O A i visited the different duck farms and found duck forming very good and profitable business i also start insha Allah after one month surway
  • 117. sagar said on 9/25/2014 11:14:48 AM
    Dear Sir , Hope you are doing well.... I am thinking to start a duck farming business in Ajmer , Rajasthan. My focus will be in selling of Chicks and Eggs rather then meat. Please advise me how to start a duck farming business. Your suggestions and guidance is very valuable to me. Is there any place in india which provide a complete training in duck farming business. My contact number is: 07568761514 , 9001604757 Ajmer: (Rajasthan)
  • 118. shesanandan bal said on 10/11/2014 8:18:08 PM
    I am interested to start khaki cambel duck farm in odissa, please give me some idea.
  • 119. Sayndee Ballah said on 10/12/2014 5:11:03 AM
    I am Sayndee Ballah, a humanitarian worker in Liberia to be specific in Nimba County helping the Ivorian Refugees in their Livelihood project in the Bahn Refugee Camp and want for them to do Duck Farming but don't have much idea, can you please help me in order to help the refugees population in the duck farming. Hoping to receive your positive advise. Best regards. Sayndee Ballah
  • 120. sion dirks said on 10/14/2014 3:34:53 AM
    I will stop working end of 2015 please give me the A to Z about duck farming. The plan is to have 3 breeds one is the Muscovy to hatch eggs. Mainly eggs and meat purpose And considering not to build dams but channels 5 by 20 meter - 4 of them to house Tilapia for cash flow Nowhere near any rivers because they are invasive looking forward to your mail
  • 121. Ajay singh said on 11/3/2014 2:35:57 AM
    I am from fatehpur Uttar pradesh I want open a farm of duck for eggs so help for this.
  • 122. Mahaboob Hussain said on 11/7/2014 4:32:16 AM
    I am from west bengal I want to start a duck farm. Can you help me how I start it.
  • 123. malkeet singh said on 11/16/2014 9:18:46 AM
    Sir , I am from india state haryana from karnal I start duck business plz help me tell about this plz sir my contact number 9896004542
  • 124. Jawaid Khan said on 11/18/2014 9:12:29 AM
    Hi, myself Jawaid Khan, I from Raksaha (six house)village, Ghazipur district, utter Pradesh India. I want to establish a Duck form in my village. I like to start a Duck farming for eggs and meat. I want to start with 2000 Duck breed, which breed is good for eggs business. I am waiting for yours advice. Thank you so much.
  • 125. jonard said on 12/2/2014 6:48:33 AM
    i am planning duck farm . what is the best procedure of feeding a duckling from 3 days age to 5 months age. thank you please help me sir..
  • 126. chaudhary sikander khan said on 12/12/2014 6:13:49 AM
    hi i am interested to start a Duck Farm kindly send me information How to start, Best Regards, cs khan
  • 127. SUNMOYE CALEB said on 12/21/2014 4:46:42 PM
    I am from Osun State of Nigeria, I have interest in Peking duck poultry farm but I don't know where to get it. Please, can I get it from you?
  • 128. asim ali said on 1/7/2015 8:53:55 AM
    Hello, Dear sir, My name is ali from south korea since 7 years i am working in duck farm in korea so now i want to start my own duck farm in malaysia so how can I can start there pls let me know. Waiting for ur hopeful reply. Best regards. Ali South korea
  • 129. yew said on 1/19/2015 8:16:05 AM
    I would like to start rear egg duck at kulim kedah malaysia. Please advise on how to prepare own feeding food for duck instead of using commercial food which is costly
  • 130. Radhakrishnan Nair said on 2/18/2015 6:29:08 AM
    I wanted to collect duck feathers and downs after slaughter for meet. please contact me e-mail nairr4256@gmail.com
  • 131. amzad mahmud said on 3/11/2015 3:41:16 AM
    i am planning duck farm in salt water river. is there any way.....
  • 132. BELAL AHMEDMOLLA said on 3/14/2015 12:09:05 PM
    I am planing to start a duck farming. if i help from you about business . i have sufficient place for framing . so please advice me.
  • 133. Khazi Mohammad Shareef said on 3/31/2015 2:09:43 PM
    I want to start a duck farm near hyderabad, telengana, india. The birds could be 500 I have limited budget , land is available with me. The temperature in summer is highest 44 degrees Celsius , generally it is dry area
  • 134. shyam sunder said on 5/2/2015 5:50:07 AM
    SIR I WANT TO START DUCK FARMING PLZ ADVICE
  • 135. RAJPAL TANWAR said on 5/13/2015 9:56:13 PM
    I want to start a duck-farm in PANIPAT, HARYANA, INDIA. Please help in following issues. what is estimated cost of 500 ducks. what is feed cost daily. how big land area required. total money needed to start a farm of 500 ducks. what can we earn that particular farm per month. where I will have to contact in Haryana. plz. guide me.my mo. no. is 98961-73816
  • 136. raj saini said on 6/24/2015 3:43:43 AM
    sir, please you tell me your mob no. i want talk with you about duck farming
  • 137. cesar gonzales said on 6/27/2015 2:38:28 PM
    I want to start a duck farm, can you tell me how, and how much money I need, thanks
  • 138. david james maxwell said on 7/1/2015 2:01:48 AM
    i want to start a duck farm in thailand , isaan area. please send me information.
  • 139. sivaram said on 7/16/2015 8:20:54 AM
    Hi I want to start duck farm in andhra pradesh. Kindly guide me how to start the business. What is the requirements for duck form. How to proceed. Thanks in advance.
  • 140. sanjay dubey said on 7/16/2015 3:45:09 PM
    I want to start a small duck farm how i am from asansol w.b.
  • 141. Renato g Trigo said on 7/17/2015 7:09:32 PM
    i started now in duck farm in davao philippines about 200 heads pls advise me how to manage or a guide. now there house have the measurement is 24ft by 32ft thanks and more power
  • 142. Uttam kr. Bishwas said on 8/16/2015 12:29:37 PM
    Information about duck brooding management. Katihar, state- Bihar INDIA
  • 143. ratan chatterjee said on 8/18/2015 3:36:30 AM
    sir. i duck from opening plzzz help me sir. Bankura west bangal
  • 144. indonesia said on 8/18/2015 4:54:22 AM
    Yup I will business duck farm but afraid of virus H5N1 , can you explain?
  • 145. Sharon said on 8/23/2015 2:52:55 PM
    I reside in Cape Town, kindly advise what would be the best type of duck to farm; what radius is required to your nearest neighbour; is it more lucrative to slaughter, or sell to a slaughter house?
  • 146. Khandaker Shafiul Azam said on 8/29/2015 10:20:21 AM
    Dear Concern, I would like to involve with duck farming in my area. Would appreciate if you have any suggestion for me. Thanking you, Azam
  • 147. Ravi kumar said on 9/5/2015 7:16:23 AM
    Sir i am from bhiwani haryana india. I want to start duck farm about 3000. Pls help me for ducling provider. And approximate ideas for cost and how much land is required. Where is duck eggs sell in delhi or rajsthan area. My contact no is 9784675045, 9405579078
  • 148. Diwesh Lakra said on 9/23/2015 9:34:18 AM
    I am starting duck farming for eggs please give me advise . Hazaribag , Jharkhand, India.
  • 149. My name is Ogbonna said on 10/11/2015 5:16:34 PM
    I'm from Aba in Abia state Nigeria.I just started a duck farm and I'm looking for buyers for the birds.I mean where I can sell the ducks in commercial quantity.
  • 150. wajid ullah awan said on 10/17/2015 4:19:59 PM
    dear sir assalam-u- alaikom i am from pakistan i have been prepared everything for starting duck farm house now i need ducks chicks. so please tell me about the place where ducks chicks are available which are best for eggs THANKS SIR
  • 151. prasad said on 12/28/2015 8:58:05 AM
    I am from andhrapradesh,i am doing Indian duck forming, so please tell me duck selling market,in orissa,tamilnadu and karnataka if possible with contact phone nos.it is very immportent to me. my no 08897223016.
  • 152. Rahul said on 1/8/2016 4:43:59 AM
    Hi sir Namaskar can you suggest me the proper Website for the duck forming and can you give your contact no. My contact no is 9454181361 . And please provide me a proper solution . For this kind of act I shall be ever great full to you . Thank you.
  • 153. babu said on 1/22/2016 10:51:38 AM
    Guide me for duck farming... Kalugumalai, Tamilnadu, India
  • 154. aqeel said on 2/2/2016 3:58:07 AM
    I have interest in duck farming. Please give me the complete details for this business. i am from Jharkhand
  • 155. shiv shankar said on 2/10/2016 4:47:43 AM
  • 156. parminder singh said on 2/20/2016 11:03:16 AM
    Sir me from punjab patiala india I want start business duck farming 10000 thousand duck my farm is ready please advise me.
  • 157. MIRZA said on 2/22/2016 11:49:27 AM
    MIRZA. GREAT FALL VIRGINIA.I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS/ARE THE DISEASE THAT DUCKS ARE ATTACKED AND HOW TO DETECT THE DISEASE AND WHAT MEDICINE NEEDED TO TREAT IT AND HOW IT IS ADMINISTRATED.HOW MUCH BIG SHOULD BE A POND BE DUG IT LENGTH BREADTH AND DEPTH OF 2000 DUCKS OF ANY VARIETY.
  • 158. SYED mujeeb aalam said on 3/3/2016 1:46:20 AM
  • 159. sachindar kumar singh said on 3/5/2016 12:20:52 AM
    I want the start duck farming please give the address buy khaki campbell chick in india. Please give me the complete details for this business and duck price born
  • 160. prakash kumar mandal said on 3/14/2016 8:03:06 AM
    Hi sir I am from jharkhand.I want to start duck farming please give all details of this business and it will be successful business in jharkhand.It is important for me.phone no 7763087940
  • 161. RAJESH SINGH YADAV said on 3/15/2016 8:30:26 PM
    HI SIR IAM RAJESH SINGH YADAV FROM UP I WANT TO FARMING PLEASE GIVE ME LL DETAIL OF THIS BUSINESS 94525035075
  • 162. Kelvin Kabambo said on 3/24/2016 7:34:18 AM
    I am Kelvin Kabambo in solwezi Zambia.Each time i want introduce a different species of duck eggs to my existing ones, the duck abandons the eggs. What should i do?
  • 163. Zeeshan Khan said on 3/29/2016 4:46:40 PM
    Hello Everyone I have readed your comments regarding the problem of duck chicks I can supply Khaki campbel Ducklings (Duck Chicks) in all over India with a great amount of quantity, My Contact No: is 8417909000 I am From Kanpur Uttar Pradesh
  • 164. Md. Sohel Rayhan, said on 4/4/2016 2:55:11 AM
    I want to start duck farming from may this year. I have sufficient land and water space for duck. I want to start with 10,000 ( Ten thousand) ducks.Please tell me about first step of duck farming and from where I will get this amount of ducks. I am from Bangladesh.
  • 165. rogelio said on 4/20/2016 2:01:20 AM
    where i get a good stock and what is the right amount of feeds should i give. what are the feeds from day old to laying stage.Please guide me.
  • 166. Jasim uddin said on 4/25/2016 3:35:26 AM
    Dear sir, I m from Munshiganj a district of Bangladesh. I would like to start a duck farm as a Commercial purpose. I want to make it beside of my house on a pond. Most probably number of duck will be 2/3 thousands. But I need a proper guideline. Will you help me by knowing details of duck farming. Thx a lot. My cell no. 008801916576546, watsup/viber/imo on +8801627236149
  • 167. Engg. Nitin kumar said on 5/13/2016 12:35:57 AM
    I want to start duck farming for egg. please give me details for this business. I am from bihar nalanda, plz contact 7870210331
  • 168. S. Alam said on 5/16/2016 10:10:18 AM
    I am starting duck farming for eggs please give me advise murshidabad, west bengal
  • 169. Subhasish Roy said on 5/27/2016 10:28:21 AM
    Sir, I'm Mr. Subhasish Roy. From Bankura, West Bengal. I want a duck fram for egg. So, please help me.Cont. 8101032549.Thanking you.
  • 170. M.C.HATHGAIN said on 6/6/2016 10:48:02 PM
    SIR I WANT TO PURCHASE MUSCOVY DUCKS , I AM LIVING AT BILASPUR (C.G.)( INDIA) HOW WILL YOU PROVIDE ME , I AM MUCH INTERESTED FOR MUSCOVY DUCK
  • 171. Ashish Kumar pal said on 6/11/2016 3:59:37 AM
    I want to start duck farming, please help me ashish from garhwa distric (jharkhand) india
  • 172. Olayinka Adeyinka Jubril said on 6/14/2016 4:37:16 AM
    I'm jubril olayinka. I'm a Nigerian and I want u to provide me with necessary information on how to run duck farming so as to earn a living. my contact is 08055374435
  • 173. Sani beginner adviser said on 6/16/2016 11:27:50 AM
    When you want information on something on this platform, kindly provide your email address. Some one might be of help not the writer only can give you help. Thanks

caspian.merchants@gmail.com || Consultant

• 174. RAJIB MISRA said on 6/23/2016 9:02:01 AM
    I WANT TO KNOW EVERY DETAIL OF DUCK FARMING
  • 175. loyangamba phanjoubam said on 6/30/2016 10:33:07 AM
    I am from Manipur District -Bishnupur City-Moirang Village -Saiton leitanpokpi Contact no-8119977989. I want to start khaki Campbell farming. How to start this farming where should i contract is information. Sir will you help me.
  • 176. razashaikh said on 8/11/2016 6:34:04 AM
    i want to start khake cambble duck farming. plz disease name and vaccine. state is west bengal
  • 177. Turyamureba dickson said on 8/18/2016 7:09:05 PM
    thanks so much for all the advice. I promise to follow it and I will testify one time I think. Dickson Turyamureba from Uganda. +256787959740
  • 178. Arif said on 9/3/2016 1:05:28 AM
    I am a duck farmer & I have a duck hatchari but I don't understand various diseases. please advise me so that I improve my farm & hatchari. MD.ariful Is Dhaka i am arif tarash, sirajgonj, Bangladesh 01762752230 its my phone number
  • 179. Michael Vizon said on 9/23/2016 6:18:50 AM
    hi, i want to start a small duck farming. thats why i need your advice, i want to know how to build their home and where can i get ducklings and their food? i am michael vizon from philippines, thank you.
  • 180. Sani beginner adviser said on 9/24/2016 11:37:34 AM
    Kindly provide me with your email address and i will send you a breeding documents

caspian.merchants@gmail.com || Consultant

• 181. santhosh said on 11/15/2016 5:36:54 AM
    I would like to start duck farming and need some detail in this regard
    1. which type duck is better for egg
    2. How much time it takes to get eggs
    3. Life span of ducks
    4. Profit expense ratio?
    Pls and me
  • 182. Sam Pillay said on 11/22/2016 4:41:22 AM
    I have 50 acres farm in Stanger , South Africa. I am wanting a partner to farm ducks. On my farm I have river with water flowing. I need someone with capital so that we farm Ducks. There is a lot of demand for Duck meat in South Africa and to export to other parts of the world.
  • 183. partha said on 1/12/2017 10:03:38 PM
    I want to start duck farming for egg, pls give me complete details of it
  • 184. Md Iqbal Hossain said on 1/13/2017 7:18:07 AM
    I want duck egg 2000 per week in murshidabad west bengal. How manage it. mobile 9775176266