Starting a Cabbage Farm

Balancing act is a must in farming. It is crucial when you start your cabbage farm for which ensure certain things and get them completed on time; ensure list of farming related works don’t remain pending. Planning and promptness lead to the path of success.

Your work completes when you find enough time to explore various methods and apply them in marketing cabbage which have been produced by applying incessant efforts.

cabbage farming tips

A new farmer venturing into cabbage farming must have complete knowledge of seasonal farming cycle. It should be brought into one’s notice that cabbage grows better in fall or early winter hence preparation to cultivate this crop must begin before that. As cabbage is used in multiple aspects and its consumption is well assured when strategy of shifting them is done accurately. Such vegetables are best suitable for preparing fresh salads besides cooking as a variety of vegetable dish.

Cabbage Farming

Some basic rules have to be followed while farming cabbage. It would help you increase productivity. Most important aspect is using suitable methods to ensure development of cabbage farming isn’t hindered. Applying a mechanism means you help out cabbage plantation accurately and there is no interruption in growth of this vegetable production. Secondly you must take special interest in the selection of cabbage seeds. Seedling process is most sensitive part and is an important part of cabbage farming.

Adequate arrangement has to be made for transplanting cabbage seedlings to assure that all cabbage plants get best started in the same fashion for proper growth of plants. These plants have to be maintained from insects. Timely spray of pesticides and watering are two major factors that need special attention in this farming.

Cabbage Farming Process

Mere plantation of seeds and watering the plants don’t fulfill your purpose. Farming plan has to be done prior to selecting seeds. It is mandatory to prepare land for plantation well in advance. It can be done at least few weeks prior to seeding plants. The next phase starts with taking care of plants for which you have to invest enough time in its maintenance until they are ready for producing cabbage. By the time your cabbage gets ready it is already warm summer day and you have enough scope to systematize cabbage farming and concentrate on shifting the product into market.

Enhance Cabbage Production

Dedicative schedule of few months may be enough for great cabbage farming. But smart farmers always look for some options that can enhance productivity. When production is enhanced and the outcome is more then you can definitely expect lucrative result of this farming and think of expanding this business in future. This rewarding outcome is possible if you weed, harvest, plant and sow the cabbage farm systematically. Indigenous feature of cabbage make them too much profitable farming option indeed.

• An Effective Guide for Green Beans Farming
    Follow the effective guide in green beans farming that is stated here. By doing this, you can be sure that you will have a perfect grown green beans in your garden or yard.
  • Learning the Right Ways to Adzuki Bean Farming
    Adzuki beans are a tasteful addition to many kinds of meals. If you have a garden that is in good condition, you can begin you Azuki bean farming through following the above tips. Follow the above tips to successfully plant and harvest delicious and fully grown Azuki beans.

• 1. MRS SENNYE MAKUKE said on 4/12/2010 2:29:39 PM
    i would like make a plough cabbage on my farm, its about 56 hactares. how do i get started? here in Botswana
  • 2. Wisdom Davidson said on 5/10/2010 6:27:25 AM
    Please can you help me with a guideline on how to do Cabbage farming in Nsit Ibom, Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria. Mighty Farms Nigeria.
  • 3. keneilwe Matseke said on 5/28/2010 9:10:10 AM
    i am looking into starting cabbage production in Botswana. kindly furnish me with a business plan, people i can contact in my region for further clarity. I will be starting the farm on an approximately 28 hectors of land, and would like to produce enough cabbage to feed at least 50% of the country.
  • 4. emmanuel said on 6/21/2010 8:51:05 AM
    i produce cabbages, lettuce, onions, cucumber and some other leafy vegetables on a large scale in Ghana here and i am looking forward to having an export market. i produce under very hygienic conditions and i use less chemicals on the farm. you can reach me through kingosa55@yahoo.com. for further discussions.
  • 5. Patricia said on 7/5/2010 3:40:16 PM
    I live in South Africa. I'd like to start cabbage farming. Where do I start
  • 6. Minkie Monageng said on 7/7/2010 11:59:06 AM
    i would also like to start vegetable production in Botswana on a 10 hector land, how do i get started?
  • 7. Joseph Abiola said on 7/12/2010 5:52:32 AM
    I want to start farming of cabbage and tomatoes in Jos Nigeria the climate condition is favorable. i have presently about 2 hectors of land with good water supply. i need your advice on seeds and fertilizer, insecticide and investment cost
  • 8. nemakhavhani tshifhiwa said on 7/28/2010 5:32:38 AM
    i live at south africa, limpopo province i want to start cabbage farming, i don not have an idea how to start but i have a land to practice
  • 9. fergus said on 8/2/2010 10:26:50 AM
    I need a business plan for cabbage plantation for a 5 hactare farm Botswana Ramotswa
  • 10. snehal mulay said on 8/5/2010 3:30:27 AM
    i'm staying in aurangabad, maharashtra. i would like to do cabbage and cauliflower plantation in 2 acres land..please advise me regarding the requirements
  • 11. Telang Tlali said on 8/7/2010 3:12:51 PM
    I am a Mosotho, doing vegetable production at large scale, i transplant =/>70,000 heads of cabbages but more often if say i'm expecting 7000 bags i possible may score 4000 bags. how best can you advise me, say from pre-planting, top-dressing etc. because i want to at least score between 90-95% efficiency
  • 12. Daniel Seitlhamo said on 8/9/2010 10:48:35 AM
    I have acquired about 10 hectares of land in Mmammoto lands in Molepolole and would like to start cabbage farming. How can you assist me in terms of fertilizers, suitable cabbage seeds etc.? My intention is to start in three months time.
  • 13. Ogunyinka Oluseyi said on 8/19/2010 5:34:19 AM
    hello sir/Madam, Am a young farmer from nigeria, ogun state and i want start Cabbage farming for a living, how can i get the seed from nigeria here and can i just get a watermelon, bring out the seed and dry it. After how many duration can i plant it. I will be very grateful if you can put me.
  • 14. biggadj said on 8/23/2010 3:32:06 PM
    i would like to start a cabbage farming project in harare zimbabwe. could you send me more details on land preparation, fertilizers, chemicals etc
  • 15. Pieter said on 9/4/2010 6:11:58 AM
    South Africa, Hoedspruit area, Please help! Any info on farming cabbage, Megaton, will be highly appreciated.
  • 16. SILFANOS OMBAJO said on 9/20/2010 8:49:19 AM
    We have started a cabbage farm in Kisumu and yala in siaya. The farm is a bit swampy and water logged. How do we go about so as to get the best yield? Ombajo, Mombasa, Kenya.
  • 17. Primrose said on 10/2/2010 10:05:50 AM
    i live in Gaborone Botswana and i'm about to start vegetable production, but i dont have much information on cucumber as its my other main target. Please people help me with cucumber production. I'm starting in a few days time. Stay blessed y'all n may u have an excellent production so we can feed the world.
  • 18. Abiodun said on 10/8/2010 4:33:43 AM
    I am in Lagos State Nigeria. I have started cabbage farming in small scale as experimental farm but lizards are eating the leaves.How can I stop them? Will my cabbage do well here in Lagos?
  • 19. nzama nhlakanipho said on 10/8/2010 6:22:20 AM
    am from greytown south africa, I wanna start a cabbage farm in 1.5 ha area. can you assist me with the writing of a farm plan an intensive farm plan.
  • 20. olorunsola ayodeji said on 10/18/2010 9:54:20 PM
    hi, u are doing a wonderful job. i'm ayodeji olorunsola and i'm interested in cabbage farming. i reside in lagos, pls how do i get started
  • 21. Godfrey Ribauw said on 11/29/2010 10:45:13 AM
    I am from Nauru,I have started cabbage farming at my home near coast and I think my cabbage will not grow because sun very hot and soil is not rich what can I do to avoid water heat from sun and make my soil rich for my garden grow.
  • 22. sewerei said on 11/30/2010 3:48:19 AM
    i am from keiyo marakwet county i started small cabbage farming the cabbage plants are two and half months old and not healthy. how do i improve for best results
  • 23. maria said on 12/21/2010 3:36:30 AM
    my friend would like to start farming cabbage in rural area,how can you help him to get started, what are the main areas he should focus on mostly ? We are in South Africa, Limpopo.
  • 24. mulu farm said on 1/2/2011 8:04:00 AM
    we only have 4 hectare we want to produce spinach and cabbage how can we make the farm pleas give us detail information waiting your reply. sisay
  • 25. Margs said on 1/4/2011 6:57:43 AM
    We are located in Rural KZN, SA. We have recently planted a crop of cabbages and there is argument between the family as to whether weeds are beneficial or detrimental to the crop. Please advise as to the best method - we have high rainfall
  • 26. george neely said on 1/14/2011 6:41:37 PM
    i need help in starting a cabbage farm in keysville ga in burke county
  • 27. xolisa said on 2/1/2011 1:42:10 PM
    i live in free state, south africa and have acquired about 5 hectares of land. what crop can i start with, as a person who depends on rain for irrigation. please also tell how to grow that particular crop as i am new in farming
  • 28. thabang said on 2/3/2011 3:05:07 PM
    Rsa limpopo polokwane. I have 5 hacters of land and need to grow cabbage. Who can assist me with info this side of town? Thanks.
  • 29. Antony said on 2/14/2011 9:22:32 AM
    Am a cabbage grower in South Africa. Looking for a Botswana joint venture partner to grow cabbage and Rape on a large scale. My e-mail address: creativepowerhaulage@webmail.co.za
  • 30. obakeng said on 3/30/2011 12:11:45 AM
    i want to start cabbage farm but have 500 meters of land, no equipments nor monies in taung NW. R.S.A. ZA
  • 31. Larry said on 4/6/2011 8:14:52 AM
    I would like to start a cabbage farm in Lusaka, Zambia on a 4 acre piece of land. Kindly give me a few guidelines especially regarding the seasons of my proposed location.
  • 32. Cannon said on 4/13/2011 7:32:34 AM
    I would like to start a cabbage farm in Chisamba - central province, Zambia on a 1 hector piece of land. I would like to know how to go about cabbage production.
  • 33. ketlhophegile moikabi said on 4/15/2011 2:22:59 AM
    my farm is located 40 km from gaborone via lobatse. 700 mtrs from the main road to lobatse. electricity, pipeline and borehole water available. i want to grow kinds of veges and poultry production. pls help with proper business plan.
  • 34. Luwie Baloi said on 4/17/2011 1:09:32 PM
    i am a person who have been a farm worker for two years, now i have land that i can plant Cabbage on. can someone help me with fertilization program please. i am in Liopopo Province, area of Soekmekaar
  • 35. Ogunlabi Gbadebo Olajide said on 4/20/2011 5:34:37 AM
    Dear Sir\Ma, i would love to get more information how to start, manage and crop 200 hectares of land with lettuce and cabbage in kwara state Nigeria
  • 36. MOJAKI DITHEBE said on 6/28/2011 10:52:22 AM
    I want to start cabbage and spinach farm I got 30 hectares.no electricity,pipeline & borehole water.no equipment and money! Kutloanong ,matjhabeng, Free State, South Africa.Help with proper business plan
  • 37. HAMADTIJANI ABDULWASIH said on 7/11/2011 12:11:27 AM
    good day sir, i live in ado odoota of ogun state nig., am from kwara state, i want to plant watermelon, maize & cassava. my callenges are how to get land & proper training pls help
  • 38. makhetha said on 7/12/2011 5:17:28 AM
    I own a 5 hectare land and i would like to grow cabbage on it.what exactly do i need to do in preparation for this( land preparation etc)?
  • 39. kef said on 7/21/2011 11:21:16 AM
    Please i want to know about cabbage farming. I live in Lagos, Nigeria.
  • 40. travis ncube said on 7/28/2011 4:35:17 AM
    i have 4 hectares of land in a irrigated area and i want to grow cabbages how do i go about that and how do i choose the type of cabbage to grow. I live in filabusi, Zimbabwe
  • 41. ogunkoya joseph said on 7/28/2011 9:22:49 AM
    I know nothing about cabbage farming and i want to start. I live in ijebu-ode, ogun-state, Nigeria.
  • 42. aficks said on 8/4/2011 10:37:26 AM
    i would like to know about the ext programing process for cabbage production.
  • 43. watson zemura said on 8/20/2011 9:03:10 AM
    i would like 2 start a project of horticulture, what is the yield of cabbage per hector & what are the requirements
  • 44. kwaku duah said on 8/20/2011 10:52:03 AM
    I want to start cabbage farming in Ghana, I have no idea how to start. Can you tell me what brand to grow which is resistant to the various cabbage diseases in West Africa and also how to grow them and the types of pesticides and fungicides to spray till I harvest. Any business plan will be good for me.
  • 45. Hussain Muhammad said on 8/22/2011 5:40:03 PM
    i want to start cabbage farming in Nigeria, which cheap natural manure will i used?
  • 46. George Aramide said on 9/2/2011 1:46:29 PM
    i would like to start a cabbage and carrot farm, in Lagos Nigeria. Please where do i get the planting materials. And will these veggies do well on a sandy soil
  • 47. femi akintunde said on 9/2/2011 4:59:16 PM
    Hi, your publication's been so insightful. I lead an agriculture entrepreneurs group in Lagos, Oyo and Ondo states in Nigeria, we've just expanded our farming to cabbage. Please, I'll appreciate two interventions from you, one-how we may go about a demonstration farm on half hectare, two-possibility of collaboration with you on training. Thanks. Femi, Lagos Nigeria.
  • 48. Lamla Ernest Gubula said on 9/3/2011 6:50:58 AM
    I need to know the cost of seeds per hactor on the following :cabage.betroot.carrotts.mealies (white and red)peas,beans pumpkin and wheat.I am about to start crop farming in the area of Lady frere.
  • 49. Temitope Ogeyingbo said on 9/13/2011 6:29:56 AM
    We have an interest to turn four acres of arable land into a cabbage farm. Please can you assist with advice.
  • 50. v.uday kumar said on 9/15/2011 11:28:54 AM
    can we plant cabbage as an inter crop with banana, variety grannaine. please reply.
  • 51. kiptanui kirui said on 10/2/2011 3:15:16 AM
    I am an agriculture student self sponsor at BARATON UNIVERSITY KENYA and soon I would like to start cabbage production to enable me finish my bachelors education,I am confident of success through your support, thanks for your tips and concern. God bless you.Kirui,Kenya.
  • 52. rhoan lequit said on 10/8/2011 9:44:24 AM
    i would like to know more about cabbage farming step by step from the very beginning up to harvest because i just want to start planting of cabbage her in the philippines as of now i dont have any idea about cabbage farming hope you help me through this mail
  • 53. tyrone Aboud said on 10/27/2011 6:08:04 AM
    i work for rsa market agents, anybody looking to bring cabbage to the market please let me know.... tyrone@rsa.co.za
  • 54. Malejone Molefi said on 10/31/2011 2:55:02 PM
    i want to start a caabage farm in Lesotho. How and where to start. i dont have any idea about cabbage farming
  • 55. denis nyamu said on 11/22/2011 4:51:48 AM
    Market for cabbages in large scale.contact me on 0750382956
  • 56. costo said on 12/2/2011 1:25:31 PM
    Hi I'm in south africa. Please help with a fertilization program for cabbage.
  • 57. solomon tiheli said on 12/14/2011 8:27:51 AM
    i am a young mosotho, who has a bigger vision to grow cabbage on a large scale. i have already started. can you please keep on sending me pieces of advise on the right varieties, irrigation methods, fertilisation and the best marketing strategies that can best suit my country-Lesotho. Moreover, wish to appeal for further reading material to update and improve my venture. I am in hold of more than 5 hectares of land to do farming.
  • 58. hallelujah farms said on 1/10/2012 7:30:51 AM
    hi on a process of coming with a viable business plan on cabbage production please assist anywhere possible i'm in Gaborone Botswana
  • 59. Saoana Ncheta said on 1/22/2012 11:18:19 AM
    I'm new cabbage producer in lesotho and I would like 2 know about the best market options for my farm.
  • 60. sssidneyss said on 1/28/2012 3:49:40 PM
    Please furnish me with a guideline on how to do Cabbage farming from day one of transplanting through to harvest. include also medication and fertilizer.
  • 61. Kunyak Farm said on 1/31/2012 2:21:01 AM
    We would like to start a cabbage farm on Kenya's southern rift valley. This is rich volcanic soil. Water for irrigation is available. The best time to harvest is July to September. Could you provide timeline of activities so that the crops are ready by then? Joseph Njiri, Kericho Kenya
  • 62. western agro allied. said on 2/21/2012 4:04:08 AM
    pls i want to venture into vegetable production and i think cabbage is good to start with, pls can u give a guideline on how to start. tanx.
  • 63. Joseph Jaffu said on 2/27/2012 5:26:24 AM
    Really great article, I liked it most. People, if you have the desire go for it and the rest will follow. I live in Malawi, and you won't believe if I tell you, if you grow cabbages in the months of September and sell them in December and January, one can fetch proceeds of over $40,000 on 3 hectares of land. Believe me.
  • 64. Nafisa Vaki said on 3/14/2012 12:48:01 PM
    Cabbage, poultry and carrot farm is the business which I like best. Is been locked at jailingo. Taraba state.
  • 65. Refilwe Makhetha said on 3/27/2012 9:08:54 AM
    Hi. I have about 2 hectors of land, in Polokwane, Limpopo Province is South Africa and would like more information on how to start farming cabbage, how to fertilize the soil, basically a step to step guide on do's and dont's of cabbage farming as i would like to start ASAP.
  • 66. Thobile Ntshalintshali said on 4/6/2012 5:58:50 AM
    HI! I have a space of 2 hectors of land in Mbabane, Swaziland. I have applied for financial assistant with some Organization and they want me to produce a business plan but unfortunately I haven't seen one. May anyone please E-mail me a sample.
  • 67. KIMELI PETER said on 4/18/2012 5:00:46 AM
    Thank you for the information posted. i am beginning cabbage farming end of maize season, information given will help me a lot. Based in Eldoret.
  • 68. John Kirui said on 4/18/2012 6:44:37 AM
    I am a farmer in Nakuru Kenya and want to start planting cabbages to supply to surrounding schools, colleges and other institutions. I am transplanting the seedlings on Saturday to the farm. Please tell me basic management principals to succeed. What kind of fertilizers do I use? BEST spacings and herbicides to use.
  • 69. annah moleseng said on 4/19/2012 2:33:41 AM
    i want to venture on vegetable production, i would like to grow peppers, potatoes, cabbage, and peanuts. i have 15 hectares of land. i don't know how to start. please advise me looking in areas like soil fertilization, irrigation-how to get water to my farm. marketing and care of vegetables.
  • 70. BOADU said on 4/19/2012 11:55:57 AM
    AM NOW LOOKING FOR A FARM LAND IN GHANA TO START MY CABBAGE FARM
  • 71. Levi Chihota said on 4/24/2012 10:17:49 PM
    I would like to venture into cabbage and grape farming in Gweru, Zimbabwe. Gweru is very cold in winter. What variety should i plant and what fertilizers do I need?
  • 72. ALEX KAIWE said on 4/25/2012 10:45:33 AM
    I am a very ambitious young man who is devoting time in agricultural activities in which cabbage, tomatoes, onions, watermelons are the master plants in the garden activities.
  • 73. Ben said on 4/30/2012 7:46:43 PM
    i would like to do commercial cabbage farming on a 3 hectare plot in mutare zimbabwe. please send me all the information that i would need.
  • 74. Peris Kibe said on 5/1/2012 4:01:37 AM
    We are in the central part of Kenya and would like to venture into cabbage farming on around 10 hectares. I would appreciate it it you sent me a schedule of activities, pesticides and harvest cycles including the best yielding variety. Secondly, I would also appreciate information on the kind of crop and yield insurance policies that I would be able to get and which insurance company should I approach for the same. Regards
  • 75. Metja said on 5/28/2012 3:33:21 PM
    I am farmer who is looking for a market for my vegetables i grow cabbage, butternut and tomatoes. please help me i live in Mokopane, South Africa, tom.radebe@gmail.com
  • 76. Smiling Hlagalovu said on 6/4/2012 10:39:36 AM
    I'm a 26 year old from Mpumalanga Nelspruit City, South Africa. An Agricultural graduate in both Plant and Animal Production. I'm considering buying a farm which will be funded by the Land Bank, under the BEE Programme. I need Your advice on how to secure contract Supply to the formal marketing sector.
  • 77. Rosemary said on 6/8/2012 4:36:20 AM
    I have acquired a 1.5 acre land in Western province of Kenya with an interest of planting cabbages for income generation. How do I get started? Kindly furnish me with a business plan, people I can contact in my region/country to guide me.
  • 78. Ishmael Tahwa said on 6/11/2012 9:24:36 AM
    Hi, I am starting a vegetable farming business in Zimbabwe in the lowveld on irrigation. May you kindly assist me with the production cost models for cabbages, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, peas, carrots etc
  • 79. Kavilan Naik said on 6/14/2012 2:59:57 PM
    Hi, I am from Durban,South africa. Please could you assist with information on starting a farm. A timetable on what should be planted when and the process through farming each vegetable. I'm interested in cabbages, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, green beans, spinach, pumpkin and any other easy to farm veggies. Thanks, any and all advice will be appreciated.
  • 80. Ellis W. Phiri said on 6/15/2012 8:03:17 AM
    Hi, I am small scale farmer intending to grow cabbage in the rainy season. Kindly advise on what I should do for me to have a good harvest. Thank you Ndola, Zambia
  • 81. ONKUTULE WISEMAN MOLOI said on 6/16/2012 4:11:35 AM
    I would like to start a cabbage farming in Botswana in July.please help me with information about the variety of cabbage that i should use and pesticides that i should use.my farm has rich loam soil.my intention is not to use net shading.
  • 82. Kundai Ganyo said on 6/18/2012 4:15:29 AM
    I would like to start cabbage farming in July in Zimbabwe.I want to start on a small area like a quarter of a hectar.Please send me all the information that you think may be helpful to me.thank you in advance
  • 83. Mxolisi Dlamini said on 6/19/2012 12:59:13 PM
    I am in Nhlangano Swaziland and would like to start vegetable farming in August in a land of about 10 hectares. I would like to focus mainly on cabbage. Usually it hails during summer months. Please send me information on taking care of plants and anything that may be helpful. Thank you
  • 84. Privilege Mudzinge said on 6/21/2012 9:02:28 AM
    Hi. i would like to start commercial cabbage production in Zimbabwe this winter. Any useful information is welcome, Thank You.
  • 85. Mampiti Mohale said on 6/22/2012 4:58:20 AM
    I am a Lesotho resident interested in farming at a small scale and would like to know chemicals used to eradicate weeds for butternut, beans and potatoes. this year I am intending to plant 25 acres of butternut 7 25 acres beans
  • 86. Ronelle vd Westhuizen said on 6/28/2012 11:27:19 AM
    I would like to have some good advise regarding cabbage, pumpkin and okra farming. I have 5 Hectares in Tzaneen (Limpopo) South-Africa. I will appreciate your help. Thank you.
  • 87. john ongaga onkwani said on 7/2/2012 12:20:27 AM
    hi, i do cabbage farming here in kenya, i would like to do in large scale, are there chemicals which i can use to get lid of weeds.
  • 88. peter wambugu said on 7/2/2012 1:08:41 PM
    Hi.i would like to start a commercial cabbage production in Kenya central province in particular. kindly advice whether i have decided on the right tie of harvest that is on end February crop to be sowed on 1-10-2012
  • 89. Manyara said on 7/25/2012 9:49:33 AM
    I'm interested in cabbage farming in Zimbabwe please advise on what sort of inputs i would need for a hectare?
  • 90. jay said on 8/1/2012 10:08:32 AM
    starting cabbage farming in pietermaritzburg albert falls need help on preparing land and advise new at this pretty please help
  • 91. Anne Gichaga said on 8/2/2012 5:45:02 AM
    hello. i want to plant cabbages and carrots in narok kenya. kindly arm me with the relevant information with the best seeds, fertilizers and pesticide. i will appreciate. thank you.
  • 92. Ngugi Charles said on 8/13/2012 3:47:23 PM
    Hello, I want to start cabbage farming in Nakuru Kenya in a Half an Acre farm. Kindly advice me with the best seeds, Pesticides and fertilizers and the quantity required. Thanks.
  • 93. Mukesh kanojia said on 8/26/2012 9:33:35 AM
    I want to start cabbage farming in 2 acre can u tell me how many kg will produce in 2 acre and at takes how many days
  • 94. martin wesonga wangoli said on 9/4/2012 3:54:32 AM
    am a kenyan citizen from eldoret town and would like to venture into small scale cabbage farming in 1 acre of land. please give me guidelines on how to begin this business. how much do i need and how long does it take for the cabbage to be ready. what technique do i use. thank you in advance.
  • 95. Neo Theoha said on 9/21/2012 5:44:05 AM
    I am a Mosotho Man doing farming in cabbage. Would you please give me guidance on how to take of my cabbage after transplanting to harvest for me to realize good harvest. Neo
  • 96. Ateca said on 9/22/2012 7:12:20 AM
    im from fiji planning to start cabbage farming but dontknow the manure or thefertilizer to make the soil grow healthy...
  • 97. sheryl mutai said on 9/24/2012 7:54:18 AM
    I really liked the article. am planning to start cabbage farming soon. hope it will go well. i live in the north rift ,eldoret . KENYA.
  • 98. keabetsoe s moyo said on 10/2/2012 10:48:26 AM
    Hi, i am a new farmer in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe and i am very interested in starting a cabbage project
  • 99. Ivy maropene said on 10/11/2012 5:51:59 AM
    I want to start farming doing all kind of vegetable production. i have skill, only thing i need is land around Limpopo or mpumalanga province
  • 100. One80 Pheko said on 10/15/2012 2:13:00 PM
    I'm doing a research project in production, consumption and marketing cabbage. What are the factors to consider during cabbage production!
  • 101. Obed zulu said on 10/20/2012 8:52:17 AM
    Am Starting a farm and would like to do vegetables cabbages being the must.. Care you help with guide on how to about... Lusaka East- Zambia
  • 102. Paul Mrosso said on 10/20/2012 4:32:17 PM
    i am paul mrosso from tanzania i want to start a very modern vegetables farming especially cabbage and onion. any person with experience pleas in form me about it
  • 103. christopher said on 10/30/2012 2:57:44 PM
    i want to start cabbage production in Chipinge, MANICALAND PROVINCE, ZIMBABWE
  • 104. Deredza Viniel said on 11/5/2012 8:42:26 AM
    I would like to start cabbage farming/ Market gardening on a small scale (2ha) in Mashonaland West— Zimbabwe.. I need help on the production estimates so that I might start as soon as possible..
  • 105. ian said on 11/13/2012 5:53:05 AM
    I need to get into market gardening on a small scale (3ha) in Mashonaland East— Zimbabwe.. I need help on the production estimates so that I might start as soon as possible. The sizes of water pumps that i might require pumping from underground and the best types that can see me through in the long run. Also the type of sprinklers that can suitably meet my project.
  • 106. Sellah Boaz said on 11/16/2012 3:56:42 AM
    Hi i need information on the management of cabbages on a small scale 5ha. am in the process of preparing the land what process can i follow. Am in Kitale, Kenya
  • 107. emeka said on 11/24/2012 12:20:12 AM
    planning on planting cabbage, have a land of one acre. my location is ebonyi state, nigeria. please i need all guidelines and measures on starting.
  • 108. Colin said on 11/25/2012 11:37:50 AM
    i would like to start planting cabbage i need (2HA) CAN YOU HELP ME I IN KZN UTRECHT THANK YOU
  • 109. victor coetzee said on 11/30/2012 3:16:18 PM
    Hi Anyone that are interested in buying cabbage seedlings that are ready for transplanting in farm lands can contact me via email coetzeevictor@gmail.com You are also welcome to place an order. My current location is in richardsbay, KZN and the type of cabbage seedlings I am producing is the Danish Ballhead Cabbage.
  • 110. Getrude Singwayo said on 12/2/2012 5:22:23 AM
    Hi I'm Getrude stay at Mpumalanga I have a Green paper garden I am selling it by boxes but my problem now is irrigation any one who is willing to help can contact me on my email.
  • 111. otunba joseph said on 12/5/2012 1:35:07 PM
    I'm from nigeria oyo-state I'm really interested cabbage & cucumber farming but experience pls anybody who can help will be highly appreciated.
  • 112. simondeni ncube said on 12/21/2012 1:01:52 PM
    I want to start cabbage in zimbabwe ,want to start with 100000 head, advice me how to go about , i have 25 acres
  • 113. eliab chepkoin said on 12/25/2012 7:17:43 AM
    i would like to start cabbage farm of 6 acres. i want an open air irrigation ,not green house, by use of piped water and over head spray method. i want plant 10,000 cabbages per acre, so total 6x 10,000=60,000. what is the best plan sir/madam?
  • 114. Kelvin said on 1/4/2013 5:51:53 AM
    am a 22 years man who just left secondary school, having a 4 hector farm in mpika, zambia wishing to start a cabbage farm. i dont have any idea on how to start the process. please i need the whole plan
  • 115. Isaac Anderson said on 1/10/2013 7:58:54 AM
    I am an Agric. mentor with over 20 years experience in the Science & practice of Agriculture incl. Cabbage production. If you need any Agric. technical advice, contact me on: isaac.anderson68@gmail.com
  • 116. naboth ziwenga said on 1/20/2013 10:01:23 PM
    May you provide me with a project plan to grow, cabbages, cucumbers, green paper, carrots, potatoes, butter nuts and tomatoes. I am in the Beatrice area in Zimbabwe region 11b.
  • 117. jamie virgo said on 1/22/2013 10:30:12 AM
    I'm starting a cabbage farm in my backyard and dont know where to start. please help me.
  • 118. NTSHEPHANG DINTLE said on 1/24/2013 9:19:17 AM
    23 years old young man. basically in need of plenty information how to start cabbage farming. general information because yet i have no information, mahalapye Botswana
  • 119. GEOFRY KIRUI said on 2/7/2013 3:56:41 AM
    Hi I have started a cabbage farming in my land but my problem is there is no ready market and my cabbages end up rotting in the land. Can someone help me find a ready market for cabbages? I'm from Kericho, KENYA. Contact me on my email. gefkirui81@yahoo.com.
  • 120. Boyce Tlhaloganyang said on 2/15/2013 8:52:12 AM
    I am very interested in farming cabbages and Rape, i need advise on care taking of such vegetable, i'm in botswana, kanye
  • 121. osae- afful bismark said on 2/18/2013 3:58:43 PM
    I am already a cabbage gardner, but some insect are worrying me too much. i need your help. ghana, tamale, N/R.
  • 122. khulekani nxumalo said on 2/22/2013 6:00:51 AM
    i am willing to start a cabbage farm and my land is 4 hectares please give some advice on how to go about it
  • 123. Eddy moyo said on 3/6/2013 3:22:46 PM
    I want to start cabbage farming on 10 hectare land in Zimbabwe. Please help with business plan and all relevant information
  • 124. Lucy Nachaki said on 3/22/2013 11:45:13 AM
    I leave in Kakamega, Kenya. Would also like to plant cabbages on small scale farming, please advise on appropriate months and other relevant information.
  • 125. collins Tweheyo said on 4/5/2013 2:43:35 AM
    i leave in fortpotal, uganda and i have started my cabbage and spinach farm but my land is hilly with a water source down wards (swamp) can these vegetables do well on a hilly area? thanks
  • 126. shorai mucharwei said on 4/7/2013 10:02:33 AM
    I'm looking to start a poultry (chicken eggs) farm and potato production. i'm in mutoko area in zimbabwe
  • 127. shorai mucharwei said on 4/7/2013 10:23:13 AM
    i'm in preparations of stating a potato and poultry farm. i am situated in mutoko (mudzi) area,Zimbabwe. please help me with information on intensive production of the 2 projects. i need to know suitable varieties, diseases and pests likely to be common in these projects. contact me:shorai mucharwei@gmail.com
  • 128. Adejoh emmanuel ileanwa said on 4/21/2013 6:23:42 PM
    I am a young farmer from kogi state nigeria, i really want to know more about the chemicals application and even the much volume of water needed in cabbage farming.
  • 129. Blessing Duniya said on 4/24/2013 12:20:27 AM
    I'm from kaduna nigeria and i want to start cabbage farming what is the time to start and how can i get the best seed
  • 130. Hassan Katumba said on 4/26/2013 12:22:16 AM
    I would like to start cabbage farming on commercial basis in Uganda near lake Victoria. May you please give me the tips (from preparing land to harvesting). Thank you.
  • 131. zilingene siqola said on 4/30/2013 3:46:19 AM
    I am in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. I want to start vegetable production. where can I get funding?
  • 132. kunjulwa mawonga said on 5/15/2013 4:47:58 AM
    I am a young woman, based in Eastern Cape would like to start farming with cabbage and in need of a business plan as well as the the basics of cabbage farming. Thanks
  • 133. Augastine Scotch said on 5/21/2013 12:29:08 AM
    I am in zimbabwe masvingo i would like to do a project on cabbages help with measurements & other information such as their head setting stages and spacings
  • 134. Acheampong Nicholas said on 5/27/2013 6:19:55 PM
    I am in Ghana Valley View University Techiman Campus Agribusiness student i would like to do a project on cabbages please help with measurements & other information such as their head setting stages and spacings
  • 135. MARCEL M KANGWA said on 6/6/2013 8:15:44 AM
    I would like to venture into cabbage farming to keep me going with the returns on 4hectacre land . i have just retired. my land is near luanshya town on copperbelt in zambia.
  • 136. gideonmaina said on 6/28/2013 8:56:16 PM
    Hi, am glad that we want to venture into productive agribusinesses. I also need to engage in real farming as a career. however, we can start with the crops that demands less but has high returns. market research and supply, competition, accessibility and water supply are key to promising results. ggiddy33@yahoo.com Nyandarua Kenya.
  • 137. Roy Ruzvidzo said on 7/8/2013 4:38:00 AM
    I am in Zimbabwe and would like to start potato production on a 1 hectare piece of land, how can i go about it.
  • 138. gibson azuka uwadia said on 7/27/2013 8:49:28 AM
    I live in the rain forest region of Nigeria, i am interested in the cultivation of cabbage. May get your advise on it. thanks
  • 139. Matome Segwapa said on 8/1/2013 10:20:14 AM
    Interested in staring a cabbage, Onion and Potato commercial farm around Pretoria villages eg, Makapan Stad area, still at a researching stage any helpful info is welcomed, and how to get funding and drawing a business plan, and if you know of any mentoring program. let me know
  • 140. TEBOGO MAPHANGA said on 8/4/2013 12:41:14 PM
    i'm in construction business but i'm not happy, i like to farm cabbage and potatoes, but i'm looking for the young people in Greater Tubatse Municipality who are interested in farming, please call me 071 155 2407 or efamabaka@gmail.com (thnx u tkcre).
  • 141. Ikharo S A said on 8/11/2013 11:58:12 AM
    I live in Lagos Nigeria. Where can I get cabbage seedlings in Nigera and will the crop do well in Lagos?
  • 142. sanele said on 9/4/2013 4:33:59 AM
    I've planted 3ha of cabbage this season and it growing very well but my greatest fear is d market price at d moment is very low.
  • 143. George said on 9/4/2013 5:19:09 AM
    Hi. I am planning to do Cabbage farming on a rented plot in Cape Town, South Africa. I want to start with one acre and my rental will be R3000 per month excluding inputs and labour costs. Is it profitable? Thanks George.
  • 144. Nnana Prudence Sedabadi said on 9/4/2013 7:36:01 AM
    I am in Botswana ,Palaye in the central district. I would like to grow cabbage, onion, tomatoes, green pepper, lettuce, broccoli and cucumber. Kindly assist with the type of seeds that i can use and a business plan. Kind regards
  • 145. JOHN MWANGI said on 9/16/2013 8:35:30 AM
    i am in kenya,kinangop,nyandarua county. i would like to know how days does GLORIA F1 takes to be ready for harvest
  • 146. Zanomzi Jongizulu said on 10/7/2013 12:38:51 PM
    I'm staying in Eastern cape at Keiskammahoek I would like to start a cabbage farming may you please help me with the basics of cabbage growing.
  • 147. Andani Makongoza said on 10/8/2013 10:09:11 AM
    i am a male living in limpopo i am asking assistant on how to start farming cabbage. From the beginning to cultivation including fertilizer and preparation of land
  • 148. Gideon Osodo said on 10/10/2013 6:20:04 AM
    Vihiga in Western Kenya. Wish to start cabbage farming in a one acre piece of land quite soon.
  • 149. Avashnee said on 10/12/2013 4:58:08 AM
    Hi, I have a business in Pietermaritzburg,Kwa Zulu Natal and looking for farmers to supply me with 6000 to 8000 loose cabbage heads a week.
  • 150. LUDICK MARITZ said on 10/24/2013 2:39:11 AM
    Need a bussiness plan to start my own Cabbage farm please assist with some help.
  • 151. Christian said on 11/4/2013 3:14:33 AM
    I need cabbage seeds for planting. Christian Onigwe, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
  • 152. Round Gudlanga said on 11/4/2013 10:42:57 AM
    I want to start potato,cabbage and onion farming advise on crop rotation (planning) on 10 hectare land in Zimbabwe. Please help with business plan and all relevant information. Thank you.
  • 153. lewis said on 11/5/2013 6:47:38 AM
    Hi I would like to produce cabbage on a 5 hectare plot. my location is karoi,zimbabwe. i have access to good water source and the soil is favorable. please assist with best seed, quantity of seed per hectare, chemical input and any good cabbage management techniques I can use. Lewis
  • 154. Nceba said on 11/18/2013 9:31:25 AM
    Hi I would like to produce cabbage on a 4-6 hectare plot. I stay in South Africa, Eastern Cape. I am planning a start-up business. I have good drainage system in place, can you give guidelines in relation to one hectare, from preparing soil to harvest and maintenance.
  • 155. Obakeng Dire said on 12/4/2013 3:31:07 AM
    I want to start cabbage farming in Ramatlabama, can you please assist me how to do it.
  • 156. Ben van Loggerenberg said on 1/26/2014 2:19:26 AM
    Hi, I have a 3 hectare plot and want to plant cabbage. How far apart must I plant the seeds/seedlings and how many plants can I plant? Can I do it with droppers or sprinklers? Kind regards Ben Van Loggerenberg, Cell: 0835332565, Cell: 0785041576, E mail:bjloggies@mtnloaded.co.za
  • 157. Dominic said on 2/11/2014 12:52:03 AM
    Praise the Lord Jesus. I am a new farmer in Bondo, Kenya, I am very interested in cabbage, onion, water melon production. Please give me information I need to succeed. my climate is worm between 17 to 30 degrees centigrade. I have fresh water supply but is seasonal, the permanent water supply I do have is salty. thank you and God bless you.
  • 158. Joseph Kenneth Otchere said on 3/4/2014 7:19:12 AM
    i am an organic vegetable farmer in Ghana looking for a partner to work with. I have 12 acres of fertile land about to construct a borehole for water supply and fix drips. contact kenmay20@yahoo.co.uk for partnership.
  • 159. Aleks said on 3/7/2014 5:09:52 AM
    Hi, I have a 10 hectare plot and want to plant cabbage. How far apart must I plant the seeds/seedlings and how many plants can I plant?
    What type of yields should one expect per hectare ?
    Based in Mozambique on the coastline. We have very sandy conditions and are able to irrigate. Any information would be appreciated. Kind Regards
  • 160. Euslar changwony said on 3/18/2014 8:24:38 AM
    Am from kenya Eldoret .i like farming and currently i have planted cabbages and due to water shortage it has taken a longer period as required to be ready. because the rainy season s here again ll they still make?
  • 161. rose said on 5/19/2014 3:07:43 PM
    am in Kiambu Kenya and i planted my seedbed with 10 grams of cabbage seedlings (around 2000 heads have shot) i am planning to plant them on a piece of land that i am currently harvesting potatoes from. Are there any diseases that i should be looking out for that would also affect the cabbages and if so what precaution should i take before transplanting?
  • 162. kelvin said on 5/23/2014 12:06:10 AM
    I have 50ha of land and want to grow cabbage. I need a budget for 5ha.
  • 163. wiza said on 5/29/2014 12:19:04 PM
    I want to plant 3ha of cabbage on a 10ha farm i have acquired here in Zambia. On irrigation, i want to know approximately how much it can cost me on fuel to run a single diesel or petrol pump per hectare.
  • 164. said said on 6/21/2014 1:41:30 AM
    am said from Tanzania, Dodoma. i need your help on production of cabbages from starting point. thanks for your help!!
  • 165. Gerald said on 7/11/2014 5:09:06 PM
    Hello please may I have some advice for the best use of 3 hectares of land in Mazowe, Zimbabwe. I am interested in best seed, pesticides, fertilisers and timescales for best planting and any other relevant information that you might have. Many thanks
  • 166. Maswabi Maswabi said on 7/29/2014 10:53:11 AM
    AM MASWABI MASWABI FROM ZAMBIA I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP TO LANDSCAPE MY MORE THAN 20 HECTARES PIECE OF LAND TO BE A TOURIST ATTRACTIVE IN TERMS OF VEGETABLES AND OTHER CROPES MY LOCATION IS 20 KM EAST OF SESHEKE TOWN IN ZAMBIA ON THE BANKS OF THE ZAMBEZI RIVER BORDERING ZAMBEZI(CAPRIVI) REGION OF NAMIBIA. I WANT TO VENTURE INTO AGRI-TOURISM THAT SHOULD ATTRACT BOTH TOURISTS AND LOCAL CONSUMERS WHILE ON THE BEACH HOOKING THE ZAMBEZI TIGER FISH,YELLOW AND PURPLE BREAM FISH,AS WELL WATCHING THE HIPPOS ROAR AND BE CAUTIOUS OF CROCODILES.AM INTERESTED IN THE BEST SEASONAL AND GOOD YIELD VARIETIES
  • 167. goodman beginner adviser said on 8/23/2014 7:02:26 PM
    hello my name is Goodman and I'm a contractor from south africa, I build greenhouse tunnels where you can plant any crop at anytime of the year, agricultural net houses, irrigation systems and so forth. if you need any information regarding farming and tips on seedlings etc I will be happy to assist you.+27843576466 or +27781764585 or email me on gjlgreenhouses@my.com but I may take a long time to reply to your emails as I don't check my emails regularly.

gjlgreenhouses@my.com || Consultant

• 168. lovemore said on 10/27/2014 11:02:20 AM
    Hie I'm in Zimbabwe i would like to produce cabbages on 2 hectares of land can you give me advise on the project.
  • 169. Kasirori said on 1/4/2015 11:30:16 AM
    I would like to start cabbage, carrot, cucumber and poultry farming and need information on how to start. I am in Mat South, Zimbabwe
  • 170. Gina Williey said on 1/14/2015 9:11:31 PM
    Hi, I'm in Kitwe Zambia and would like to start cabbage farming. I'd like to know the best time to plant and how to prepare the ground. We have farm land of about 1 acre we want to cultivate vegetables. We are beginners and would appreciate all the Information we can get.
  • 171. Charlene Kazembe said on 1/30/2015 4:20:32 AM
    Hi i'm Charlene in Zimbabwe i would like to start vegetables farming like carrots, cabbages and onions in Mazoe. i would like to be greatly helped on how i go do this in terms of costs and planning basically everything
  • 172. Josam Million said on 2/8/2015 2:22:16 PM
    which cabbage can weigh 4 and above kg and how much it is cost
  • 173. Mlungisi Eric Lushaba said on 2/18/2015 4:17:07 AM
    Hi, I would like to start a cabbage, carrots, onion and potatoes farming business in the low-veld in Swaziland. please give me some advise on the pest and diseases and how best can i control them. Mlungisi with regards.
  • 174. Charity Bale said on 3/23/2015 5:55:23 PM
    I need help on production of cabbage from the beginning here in North Eastern part of Botswana.
  • 175. Nyasha Majombo said on 3/24/2015 7:46:56 AM
    May you provide me with a project plan to grow cabbages,sugar beans, soya beans, groundnuts carrots, potatoes, butter nuts and maize on my six hectare plot. I am in the Banket area, Mashonaland West in Zimbabwe.
  • 176. blessing Kadira said on 4/29/2015 7:28:20 PM
    i'm kindly requesting detailed information about cabbages production, would like to start this project in Mazoe area using land of 2 hactares. information i'm want most is quantities of inputs and the crop variety that gives good yield. Zimbabwe
  • 177. chrispus said on 6/19/2015 7:51:29 AM
    i am Chris from Kenya, a professional horticultural farmer who is willing to assist you in Cabbage farming. feel free to contact me through my email : chriswekesa87@gmail.com
  • 178. Samuel Hormorthorshor said on 6/29/2015 6:55:18 PM
    I am Mr Samuel from Abuja, Nigeria. I run a business consultancy mainly for agricultural activities. If you need help pertaining purchase of seeds/seedlings, writing of a business plan and so on. Message me at: Hormorthorshor@gmail.com. I will get back to you at my fastest convenient time. Best Regards
  • 179. Adams korankye said on 8/1/2015 4:35:37 AM
    Am adams korankye from Ghana i am an agriculture expert i have completed my agric college and i know anything about farming i need job seriously ,if any can help please contact me on korankyea23@gmail.com
  • 180. Mashozhera said on 8/4/2015 11:21:53 AM
    Hi, I'm in Zimbabwe, Mashonaland East region I would like to produce cabbages, butter nut, peas and onions. Can you please give me advise on the project.
  • 181. kayz said on 8/31/2015 8:43:02 AM
    Southen africa zimbabwe marondera enchanted farm we define farming for your fresh farm produce export quality get in touch with me @ email inesu1986@gmail.com
  • 182. Maxwell Siyamadara said on 10/29/2015 7:51:31 AM
    Hi, I am in Zimbabwe mashonaland west region I would like to produce cabbages, on a one hector plot may you provide me with a project plan
  • 183. Mokaogwu Tessy said on 10/31/2015 8:55:29 AM
    Hello,I would like to start a cabbage, carrots, watermelon, onion and potatoes farming business in Nigeria. please give me some advise on the pest and diseases and how best i can control them. thanks,with regards. Tessy.
  • 184. baphiwe mtirara said on 11/8/2015 10:25:23 AM
    Hi,m from Centane a small town bout 70kms to the east of East London in the border region.I want to start farming cabbage and potatoes.I want to know the suitable seeds n best times to plant the seeds. Where can I get a start up guide?Thanx
  • 185. Jomo Simbaya said on 11/10/2015 4:34:11 AM
    Hi,am from Zambia,town called Ndola (copperbelt province. I would like to growing Cabbages on a two hector land, please provide me with the Project Plan.
  • 186. Ndlela Nkosikhona M said on 11/10/2015 4:17:11 PM
    I am a gentleman from Swaziland currently doing my Bsc in Agric Economics with the University of Swaziland and have little knowledge on crop production and animal husbandry. i can be contacted on ndlelankosi10@gmail.com if any fellow farmer needs help
  • 187. avashnee said on 11/30/2015 10:49:39 AM
    Good Day, Looking for 6000 to 8000 loose big cabbages a week.Looking form a farmer nearby to pietermaritzburgh area to supply.
  • 188. T Sakonda said on 12/4/2015 12:45:00 AM
    I grew 5000 cabbages at my farm on the 9th September and for four weeks it looked good and just after that pests invade the area and tried all kinds of pesticides and insecticides but could not control.The next batch has also been affected.
  • 189. Kenneth said on 12/6/2015 7:13:49 AM
    I require a cabbage budget planting and farm record templates. I would like to plant 2 acre cabbages what is required? I am Kenya. Thanks for your support.
  • 190. okongo denish said on 1/24/2016 6:38:51 AM
    I am in Northern Uganda I want to start a small scale farming of cabbage but I don't where to start from
  • 191. mluleki said on 2/15/2016 5:23:08 PM
    i am in South Africa i want to start farming of cabbage but i'm not sure which month to start farming and what farming materials do i need. thank you
  • 192. Gigi Akojeh said on 3/8/2016 4:28:43 AM
    I reside in abuja, Nigeria. Need help starting cabbage, carrot, poultry and tomatoes production farming also with project proposal.
  • 193. Emmanuel Liwonde said on 8/7/2016 10:40:33 AM
    I think of starting up a cabbage/ vegetable business here in Mulanje, Malawi. May u send me some important aspects to consider before I venture into the business please..
  • 194. febby said on 10/12/2016 11:00:23 AM
    i have already started up a cabbage business in maun botswana help me with the aspects in this business
  • 195. uwiringiyimana esperance said on 12/15/2016 12:08:18 PM
    hello i have planned to grow cabbage in Rwanda, i want your help about how may i grow it. what is the effect of fertilizers on cabbages production