How to Start a Driving School Business

Perhaps you are an experienced driver and you wish to start teaching others to drive as well you do. However, you do not know how to lay the foundation for your own driving school.

If that is so, then you need not worry anymore because this article will show you the steps for establishing your own driving school business.

Secure a License

The first thing you need when you plan to start a driving school business is a license. This license is available from the state government agency in charge.

The license has several requirements to fulfill. First, your startup driving school business must be registered. This is to ensure that the planned name for your venture has no duplicate. So, before you apply for a license, secure an approval for your business name and have it registered.

Next, you have to make sure that your instructors have ample experience and have the proper documentation. He/she must have a valid driving school instructor’s certificate. He must have also logged at least 1,000 hours of driving experience – this requires the proper documents too, and of course, he must have a valid driver’s license. You would also need to provide the agency with drafts of the receipt and contracts that you would be using for your customers.

After submitting your application, the agency would conduct an inspection of your school’s location. If your school passes, this inspection, you would need to pay a license fee. The fee would typically cost about US$50 or even lower, as the fee is prorated.

Secure Your Equipment

After you have taken care of your license, you would then need to get a hold of your teaching equipment. This would include the cars that you would be using, the computers that you would be using for data entry and for classroom usage.

The number of cars that you would need to buy would depend on how many you expect your students to be. You would need to have one car ready for each student during a session. You should also get the latest models, and both automatic and manual transmission vehicles. Keep in mind that you would have to replace these cars after every few years because car technology evolves at a rapid rate.

Most car driving schools nowadays make use of computer simulators for their classes, even though they are no substitutes for the actual driving experience as a teacher. You would want to get your hands on these machines too to ensure you are not left behind the competition.

Work up a schedule for courses. To attract as much customers as possible, provide your customers the flexibility to make their own schedules. This is because there are different schedules that fit every individual. For example a working individual may only be able to attend your courses during his vacant hours, which usually are in the evening or noon.

• Starting a Truck Driving School
    Operating a truck driving school involves liability and risks. So, if you want to know how to start a truck driving school and be successful on this field, learn the important aspects that need to be considered in running this business. Through this, you are sure to attain victory in no time.
  • Becoming a Driving Teacher
    Would you like to earn money teaching others how to drive? Are you at least 21 years old, have a driver's license, and a clean police record? Find out more how to become a driving instructor.

• 1. Derrick Vann said on 4/15/2009 12:40:07 PM
    want to become a driver trainer have been a trucker driver for 17 years also have a driver improvement school.
  • 2. M.Chinagorom said on 4/30/2009 7:53:13 AM
    Hi I wish to start off a driving school business, how can i do this with a limited budget. And what is the minimum equipment i need. I would like to start off small, do you have a rough estimate of cost. the business will be established in London. Mr Chinagorom.
  • 3. Yongama Dinge said on 6/9/2009 7:32:25 AM
    Thank you so much for your explanations. You are quite helpful, hope you subscribe with me. Yongama
  • 4. char higg said on 6/18/2009 8:09:54 PM
    certified to teach them in high school. want to know how to start drivers school.
  • 5. irina said on 7/10/2009 9:03:11 PM
    What do i need to open a small driving school and be an instructor. What kind of documentation, instructor needs, and where I need to register my company and get license. Also I don't have a big budget so do you have a rough estimate of cost.
  • 6. Rochard said on 8/31/2009 5:43:21 PM
    I would like to start a driving school in Prince Georges co. MARYLAND. What would be an startup estimate and can I get a SBA loan to start it? I have very limited funds to work with.
  • 7. Denise Govinden said on 10/19/2009 6:56:27 AM
    Hi, i would like to start up a driving school, please help by providing me with details as to how to go about registering the comp and what documents i need.
  • 8. tyrone nance said on 10/22/2009 2:05:49 AM
    please send me all the necessary paper work and information to get stared with my business. thank you much................tyrone nanxe
  • 9. Edison Jean said on 10/22/2009 12:46:14 PM
    Hi, i would like to open a driving school and i'd like to be an instructor as well. What are the requirements do i need to open my driving school in philadelphia, pa. I would appreciate it, if you send the information through my email address, thank you .
  • 10. Mary G said on 11/8/2009 10:51:59 PM
    Reconstructing my life in this rough economy. What is considered to be ample experience and what kind of documentations needed to be an instructor? What is usually the start up cost?
  • 11. annette ramsey said on 12/10/2009 9:03:44 PM
    I live in Seneca South Carolina and already a driving instructor for a company in Greenville, SC. What do I need to become an instructor what is the required documentation from my state and how do i become certified by the state to run a business of this sort. Tell me everything I may need to get started. Thank you.
  • 12. Jeff said on 12/21/2009 4:43:14 PM
    I am interested in starting a school. I would be interested in more information you have. I am from Hamilton, NJ, USA
  • 13. Pradeep Elayath said on 12/25/2009 12:10:26 PM
    I would like to start a driving school in Los Angeles. Where I can buy a dual control car?
  • 14. Basu Dhakal said on 1/26/2010 1:45:08 PM
    Hello, I am trying to open a driving school in Decatur, Georgia and I have no idea about how to do so, would you please give me the answer in a very simple way? thanks
  • 15. beberlyn said on 2/2/2010 10:28:10 PM
    me and my dad want to open a driving school and we want to know what paper we need to open and we teach the students. i want to open the business in lawrence ma usa. thank you
  • 16. Tim Broome said on 2/9/2010 10:06:07 AM
    I am a certified public school teacher with drivers education certification. I have been teaching drivers ed in the public schools for 12 years now and I was wanting to form a new driving school in the upstate area of SC. With budget cuts the schools are doing away with drivers ed and I would like to offer this to our community. I need to know ALL of the needs to start a school and approximate costs. Thanks in advance!
  • 17. od said on 2/9/2010 3:24:13 PM
    i'm in jhb, south africa, i wish to start a campus driving school at one of the universities...how much do i need? How many cars would i need? How do i make this happen?
  • 18. Tyron Carter said on 2/17/2010 5:01:55 PM
    I want to open a driving learning center in Clifton N.J.
  • 19. Yolandi said on 2/23/2010 2:05:20 AM
    Hi I want to start my own driving school in south africa in the Eastern Cape area. Want is the requirements. I have a valid driving license code EB FOR 10 YEARS.
  • 20. Elliott said on 2/24/2010 12:57:26 PM
    Hello to all! I would like to open a driving school in Chicago, IL and have a few questions.
    A. How do I go about getting licensed and or registered?
    B. How do I become a licensed instructor?
    C. What are the prerequisites for opening a business like this?
    D. What would be one important piece of advice for a beginner in the driving school business?
    I would like to thank you all in advance for all your help. I'm happy I found this blog, and look forward to helping others when I get the chance. Until Next Time! Elliott
  • 21. Khaya Sibali said on 3/2/2010 4:57:02 AM
    Hi i'd like to open a driving school in Cradock South Africa. What do i need to make this possible. How do i go about registering etc. Pls help urgently
  • 22. Greg Cox said on 3/11/2010 2:33:12 PM
    I want to start a driving school business in Hardeeville, SC 29927, USA
  • 23. luis d ribaya said on 3/21/2010 2:36:23 AM
    Hi! My name is Luis Ribaya and my address is 11031 West Hondo Parkway, Temple City, CA 91780. I would like to know more about starting my own driving school. Is it possible to start with just one vehicle and, if yes, what are the requirements for this kind of business?
  • 24. BOLA B said on 3/22/2010 7:52:45 PM
    I WANT TO START A DRIVING SCHOOL BUSINESS IN BALTIMORE, MD 21207 USA.
  • 25. dbow said on 3/24/2010 11:55:06 AM
    I wood like to start a student driver school in asbury park, NJ & I would need a step by step break down on how to go about bringing this fruition
  • 26. Kim said on 3/29/2010 7:45:11 PM
    I would like to open a driving school outside Harrisburg, Pa. Limited budget, have 10 years of teaching classroom instruction to high school students. How do I get started?
  • 27. Marc said on 3/30/2010 11:21:43 AM
    I am, interested in opening a driving school in NJ (Monmouth County) I have read that I must secure a license and register the business. Can someone please provide me with some insight as to how to begin the process. Where would I acquire the proper credentials, what are the fees involved etc.? Thank you
  • 28. fadilah mohammed said on 4/11/2010 12:42:13 AM
    hi i would like to open driving school in New Zealand but i dont know anything about how to open this business and can some one provide me information so that i know where to start from. what kind of qualification do i require etc.... thank you
  • 29. Donald said on 4/13/2010 5:36:03 PM
    I am interested in starting a student driving school in Gibson County, Tennessee. Thanks!!!!
  • 30. jeffery said on 5/23/2010 6:49:24 AM
    I would like to start driving school on the East rand. How do I get started?
  • 31. Thabang said on 5/24/2010 3:04:37 AM
    I would like to open a driving school in Orlando West Johannesburg, how do i go about getting the necessary documentations, please assist.
  • 32. Satya Akula said on 5/24/2010 7:35:54 AM
    Hi I like to open a driving school in Stamford CT. please let me know what are the necessary documentations to start Thanks Satya
  • 33. Ashok Brahma said on 6/17/2010 4:35:03 AM
    Ashok Brahma, House No-M.I.G-II, C-11, Lingaraj Vihar, Pokhariput, Bhubaneswar-751020, Orissa, INDIA Mob-9437301579. I want to open a driving school. Please help in this regard
  • 34. Theresa said on 6/18/2010 7:49:02 PM
    How do i start a driving school in Lanham, MD
    How do I go about getting licensed and or registered?
    How do I become a licensed instructor?
    What are the prerequisites for opening a business like this?
  • 35. Wim Pretorius said on 6/25/2010 6:46:57 AM
    Hi i like to open a motorbike driving school up in the west coast, Western Cape South Africa. Please, How do i register. How do i start, How do i become a licensed instructor. Thanks Wim
  • 36. Maita Mashavhane said on 6/28/2010 12:46:47 PM
    Hi, I would like to start a driving school in South Africa (Limpopo Province). How do I go about registering the business? Could you please estimate the budget needed to start with one truck and a private vehicle? Thanks. Maita
  • 37. gisele said on 6/29/2010 4:58:39 AM
    as a foreigner but with indian partnership, can I start a driving school in India ? And what is the procedure ? Thanks for your help
  • 38. Jamar Williams said on 6/30/2010 9:37:53 AM
    i would like to start a driving school here in Waldorf, Maryland. I have no clue how to get started with it. Could you give me a rough estimate on how much it will cost to start, and how to start? Thanks for your help
  • 39. BEN HAY said on 7/2/2010 9:39:43 AM
    7675 159 ct.no. palm beach gardens fl 33418. I would like to start a driving school business in palm bch gardens. I sold my landscape business that I had at the same address with all required state and county license. please help me, THANK YOU BEN HAY
  • 40. Sharon said on 7/10/2010 5:18:27 AM
    i need information about the documentation required to open a driving school and where to obtain them. i'm in South Africa, Northern Cape province, Kuruman(town)
  • 41. Countess said on 7/17/2010 12:55:24 PM
    I'm located in Dallas, TX. I would like to go to driving school Instructor training, however I can't seem to find someone teaching instructors. help...
  • 42. Joe Montoya said on 7/19/2010 4:22:16 PM
    Bakersfield, Ca. I have an investor and am started in starting a driving school. I myself do not want to be an instructor but my question is how does one go about logging their 1,000 hours if they have never been instructors before but would like to become one? Any additional assistance is greatly appreciated. Best wishes.
  • 43. Richard Hawkins said on 7/26/2010 11:24:46 AM
    Hi I am planing to start a driving school this year. I have what i think to be a good budget already. I would like to know if there is a class out there that I can take that would teach me everything I need to know to insure this driving school is a success. I live in the washington dc area but i am willing to travel. If there is such class I can take can u please include a # and or website. Thanks!
  • 44. israel I atinuke said on 8/2/2010 1:53:13 AM
    I am planning to start a driving school in greenbelt maryland, what is the average start up cost and what do I need to do.
  • 45. Ruaan said on 8/3/2010 3:14:00 AM
    i'm from Port elizabeth, in South Africa, i've been working in sales for 8 years now, i want to start a driving school, i got 1, code 10 truck, 1, code 14 truck, and one code 8 car, what do i need to do to start, and is it profitable, as i'm going to resign from my company. thanks, Ruaan
  • 46. lindela said on 8/16/2010 3:44:53 AM
    My name is Lindela Ndzulu i am situated in South Africa Cape town and i would to start a driving school but not sure if my capital is enough to this because at the moment i have 50,000 as start up and planing to go on second hand cars first till my business is doing well. i really need more advices on this cause i am also not sure if this buisness will work for me i would be glad if can tell high and lows of this business. Thanks, Lindela Ndzulu
  • 47. Segalo said on 8/19/2010 7:23:00 AM
    Sebokeng, Gauteng Province, South Africa.i WOULD LIKE TO START A DRIVING SCHOOL BUSINESS, I DON'T GET ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO APPLY FOR THE LICENSE. PLEASE HELP
  • 48. Mr. morris Levi E. said on 8/21/2010 6:39:31 AM
    I am a pastor trying to fine a way of getting my christain school going.
  • 49. zayne barkas said on 8/24/2010 2:08:24 PM
    Hi, I have read through all the comments and your wright up on how to start a driving school. I am currently running a first aid company as well as basic fire fighting courses and other health and occupational safety courses ect... we take our training very seriously and at the moment where we live a traffic department has just opened... We would like to know how do we go about getting all our ducks in a row and opening a driving school in our area... Must there be accredited procedures in place and how long does such a thing take to open here...what should be in place. I would be highly grateful if I could receive some help in this as many people are in high demand for drivers licenses in our area at the moment and I would like to start something new, fresh and professional... Regards Zayne Barkas
  • 50. Alan Chudy said on 9/9/2010 2:46:55 PM
    I would like to start a driving business in Glassboro, NJ
  • 51. Lydia said on 9/16/2010 3:38:46 AM
    Hi There, I also would like to open a driving school business in South Africa. Where do I go to register it? What do I need to have? (lydia.manyama@qinfo.co.za)
  • 52. kasey said on 9/18/2010 3:05:42 PM
    I would like to start my own driving school in Hampton, Va. I would like some information about that and can i offer behind the wheel only without offering a classroom
  • 53. Carmen said on 9/26/2010 2:40:26 PM
    Hi, I am interested in opening a driving school in Houston Texas and was wondering what would i need in order to open it including the programs. Hope to here from you soon.
  • 54. David A. Whitaker said on 9/30/2010 11:27:42 AM
    I am David Whitaker and a retired cdl driving instructor from a large company.I would like information on starting my own driving school in Canton,Ga.
  • 55. Paul Chandler said on 9/30/2010 8:50:23 PM
    I would like to open a driving school outside Chicago, IL. Limited budget, have 5 years of teaching classroom instruction to high school students. How do I get started?
  • 56. Taylor Reedy said on 10/1/2010 1:28:21 PM
    Please sent information for Beaufort South Carolina
  • 57. carmen babaua said on 10/9/2010 12:53:21 AM
    I currently owned and operating a driving school in guam. However, i would like to know how i can make my driving school more efficient for our community. I am trying to implement my school to become a court order program with individual charged under the DUI program and how to correlate this with the insurance company for mandatory 12 refresher course in DUI. carmen 671-777-2276
  • 58. lashpal kaur said on 10/9/2010 5:37:52 PM
    I want to start a driving school business. How can i get registered and get license. I live in woodbridge, va 22191.
  • 59. simon said on 10/15/2010 11:29:16 AM
    I want to open a Driving School in PA, can any one provide me info where to buy an dual control vehicle or is there a place where we can modify a car with dual controls. Appreciate all your help.
  • 60. DEE said on 10/18/2010 8:59:25 PM
    I want to open a driving school in nj, I have the app. for the license. It is telling me that I need to take a college course equaling 3 credits from a state accredited college. can you please inform me what this course would be and where I could take this course. thank You DEE.. brick nj. 08724
  • 61. DEE said on 10/18/2010 9:36:21 PM
    i want to start my own driving school in Brick NJ 08724 USA
  • 62. Terry said on 10/20/2010 8:30:52 PM
    Brownsville, Texas. would like to have a rough idea of the cost to open up a driving school.
  • 63. Tshegofatso Mooketsi said on 10/22/2010 7:21:21 AM
    I am only 18-year-old. i want to start a new business adventure which is a driving school. the location of my driving school will be at mafikeng or samewher around mafikeng. i know that starting this business will help most of people from mafikeng. the driving school that is available is always over packed.
  • 64. Darius Naicker said on 10/24/2010 1:37:35 PM
    hi,my passion is to start a driving school,i would like to know how to get the licenses to start this business and what it would cost me to get it up and running.
  • 65. Wanda Turner said on 12/6/2010 11:43:32 AM
    Loganville Ga 30052. Hi, I would like to know how do I go about starting a driving school business and how much would it cost me to start this business including the dual foot peddle system that must be put in the vehicle
  • 66. Maria Lopez said on 12/20/2010 10:50:49 PM
    I would like to start a new business which is a driving school in New Jersey what do i need and what kind of license do i need please guide me
  • 67. Suryodoya Charitable Trust of India said on 1/5/2011 7:38:52 AM
    How can we start a Car Driving Training School in Kandhamal, Orissa, India for the SC/ST un-educated youth.
  • 68. harry said on 1/6/2011 9:12:43 PM
    kent wa 98031 i have limited budget pls can you tell me how much it will cost to start up
  • 69. harry said on 1/6/2011 9:26:33 PM
    what is the difference between driving school and driving training school and how much it cost i have very limited budget
  • 70. Manish kumar said on 1/12/2011 12:01:04 AM
    Dear sir, I would like to start driving school at the following location please write to me for the essential requirement (related to Govt.Rules and or if any other,in full details with finance too )for this business. MUNDRA ( Near to Gandhidham & Bhuj ) RTO office at BHUJ, Gujarat, 370421.
  • 71. Helmut . H. Martin said on 1/25/2011 2:24:07 AM
    Dear sir, I would like to start a driving school which will serve in different parts of the country depending on the growth of the company. My girlfriend is already in the business having her own registered driving school with the relevant authorities. Please advise whether to expand on this one or start my own as i would like to make it a highly professional business which will provide high quality, convenient and comprehensive driver education and a one-stop facility for all driver's needs. She is very good and very professional in her work but i would like to know what and how i should go about this should i decide to go it on my own. Please give me all relevant info as needed. One more thing. What is the cost implications involved. The startup capital and everything included.
  • 72. zanele said on 1/27/2011 11:50:47 AM
    i like to open a driving school in ladysmith kzn i'm registered in cipro 5yrs experience driving
  • 73. Lorraine said on 2/2/2011 8:46:58 PM
    I am interested in starting a driving school in Albuquerque NM. I would like to know how to do this with a small budget.
  • 74. zahirul said on 2/26/2011 3:13:56 PM
    Hi, I want to open a driving school in Dutchess County, New York. Can you please tell me from where I need to start? Thank you, Zahirul Chowdhury
  • 75. Matt said on 3/22/2011 1:25:21 AM
    I want to start my own motorbike learner school. Is this any different? pl0x
  • 76. vince b said on 4/12/2011 12:04:08 PM
    new to this,want to open a driving school in florida
  • 77. Karen Quigley said on 4/12/2011 7:24:14 PM
    Want to start my own driving school business in NJ. What do I need to do?
  • 78. Maria Castro said on 4/18/2011 5:17:51 PM
    Want to start my own driving school business in VA. What do I need to do
  • 79. Hector Perez said on 4/18/2011 6:13:03 PM
    Hi, I want to open a driving school in LOS ANGELES CA. what do i do to get the driving school instructors certificate. What are right steps to getting started in driving school biz.
  • 80. Rafael Rolon said on 4/27/2011 1:04:54 PM
    Can you start a driving school from your own home and only one car?
  • 81. pleasure mashile said on 4/29/2011 1:40:19 AM
    hi i would like to start a driving school in south Africa Limpopo province i wanna all the steps i need to follow and the necessary documentations. thanks
  • 82. Maxwell said on 5/7/2011 1:30:55 PM
    i'm living in leslie. i am seriously want to start my driving school i can see that in my place there is really a skill shortage. please
  • 83. terry Harper said on 5/14/2011 12:30:21 PM
    wanting to make a difference. professional driver for 30 yrs. have 3,000,000 miles accident free. i teach the physical and mental aspects of the Big pictures
  • 84. Elaine said on 5/17/2011 9:58:15 AM
    I would like to start a driving school in Johannesburg South Africa please can you send me all the steps and necessary documentation. Thanks
  • 85. SANDRA RESENDEZ said on 5/24/2011 6:19:17 PM
    I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO OPEN A DRIVING ED SCHOOL. I AM A CERTIFY TEACHER IN THE STATE OF TEXAS.
  • 86. GEORGE said on 5/25/2011 6:21:16 AM
    hi, i'm interested in opening a driving school in JHB south.But now i dont what are the requirements and how to go about doing that business. i saw there you must get some sort of a certificate from the minister of roads and transport,but then i dont understand how. Can u please advice. Thanks.
  • 87. Dhya said on 5/30/2011 4:11:41 AM
    Hi would you help to find the information opening driving school in edmonton alberta please thank you
  • 88. Noah said on 6/6/2011 10:04:52 AM
    Hi, i'm interested in starting a driving school in Limpopo. I dont know what are the requirements, how and were to register. Please may you send me all the steps and documents on how to open a driving school. Thanks.
  • 89. Shadung Raymond said on 6/10/2011 7:24:08 AM
    Hi...my dream is to open a driving school and i dont know what the requirements.Please send them to me via email.
  • 90. NIRESH said on 6/10/2011 8:10:42 AM
    Niresh, KZN Province, South Africa, Durban, Chatsworth. I WOULD LIKE TO START A DRIVING SCHOOL BUSINESS. SO PLEASE HELP ME AND GIVE ME A LIST OF ALL THE REQUIREMENTS AND DOCUMENTATION TO BE FILLED AND SUBMITTED AND ALSO WERE TO APPLY FOR ALL OF THIS.
  • 91. themba said on 6/15/2011 5:23:29 AM
    i want to start a driving school and i need all the info i can get to make this a reality.in south africa.
  • 92. Henry Vusumuzi Mngomezulu said on 6/17/2011 4:16:41 AM
    I reside in Lephalale Limpopo in South Africa and i would like to start a driving school.Please send me all relevant information pertaining this goal.
  • 93. Licia Soderberg said on 6/20/2011 11:47:50 AM
    My husband and I reside in Connecticut and would like to know what are the requirements to opening a drivers school. He has been a truck driver for over 30 yrs with an excellent record. I work in a high school and love being around the youth. How much could we expect to need in order to get started? Thanks.
  • 94. Thule Hlela said on 6/23/2011 6:41:37 AM
    Good day. I would like you to help me with the information of starting a driving school in durban. thanks Thule Hlela
  • 95. Syed said on 6/23/2011 9:19:37 PM
    I have 26 years of verifiable experience in driving out of which 6 years in Taxi and 20 years in CDL. I want to start a driving school of my own in Houston,Texas or neighboring suburbs. Can I do it from my home or I am required to rent a commercial property. How much is the start up cost and start to end procedure including licensing etc. Please donot leave any thing unanswered.
  • 96. Sekou said on 6/27/2011 11:57:52 PM
    I would like to open my own driving school within the next 2 years. I've been an instructor for the past 3 yrs..I need to know the exact for opening my own school and the approximate cost of opening and maintaining one. like he monthly cost. my location plan to be in silver spring, maryland.
  • 97. Nicholus Matuludi said on 6/28/2011 7:31:59 AM
    Hi I would like to start a driving school. I have experience for over 20 years. I stay in Ennerdale and I would like to start small with one car then grow from there. I would like to get a relevant information on where to start and can I use my house as a business a place? From SA
  • 98. chandre said on 7/4/2011 7:13:44 AM
    I want to open my own driving school and be the instructor how long must i have my license for?
  • 99. Bello Oyedele said on 7/4/2011 11:43:56 AM
    Just planning to start a driving school. I need good information on how to go about it. Thanks, Minna, Niger State, Nigeria.
  • 100. Jack Adams said on 7/6/2011 3:57:15 PM
    I would like to start a driving school in Postmasburg in the Northern Cape South Africa. I would like to simulators units as well as a car and a truck for the business. I need a business plan for funding. I already have the presentation and quotations for the simulators.Pleas help.
  • 101. Joyce.Omo.Imhansi - Jacob said on 7/7/2011 4:19:10 AM
    I would like to set up my own driving school in Houston Texas.Please give me a step by step list of what i need to have,do and what i need to get to do so. Please tell me where and how i get funds to begin the school? Do i need to get certified? How and where do i get dual control cars,computers,instructors etc? I am a dummie, so i need all the information i can get. Thanks.
  • 102. AVELA NGUBO said on 7/12/2011 9:51:26 AM
    Anyone willing to go 50/50 on a driving school. We will start small share ideas build our business to the top level. I am willing to relocate if you see the opportunity in your area.Must be aged between 20 to 26. plz reply via e-mail @ ngubo86@hotmail.com
  • 103. Jay said on 7/13/2011 11:43:27 AM
    Hi, I would love to open my own driving school here in New Orleans so if u could send all info that would help would be grateful.
  • 104. JULES BIKOY said on 7/17/2011 10:20:46 PM
    Hello! I was a certified classroom & behind the wheel driving school instructor in Maryland but my license has expired for over ten years. Now, I would like to open a driving school in PG county (Maryland). Nevertheless I would like to know the requirements. Do I need to provide 1,000 hours of driving experience (if yes, how?) or can I simply renew my old driver's ed license? I also would like to have an idea about the startup cost for one car and one classroom since I am planning to be the owner/operator and instructor. I might use one behind the wheel instructor and one or two cars.
  • 105. cesar said on 7/19/2011 8:13:10 AM
    I just wanted to know step by step how to open a driving school in Texas? I want to open my own driving school.
  • 106. roger said on 7/19/2011 10:44:53 AM
    Hi! I am in Pennsylvania and I would like to get info on starting my own driving school. It would have to be small at first and then see where it goes.Can you help me?
  • 107. nazeem minnies said on 7/20/2011 9:17:54 AM
    i would like to start a driving school business in the Lavender Hill area which is situated in the Western Cape, Cape Town 8000. it obviously would have to start out small and grow in a few years time. the idea behind it is for people to equip themselves with the necessary skill and to create better opportunities for them.
  • 108. John said on 7/23/2011 3:51:34 AM
    Need help in how to gain information, what government agencies and step by step help to start a driving school business in the counties of Greenville and Laurens, South Carolina area. An information on how to start this business adventure is appreciated.
  • 109. sam said on 7/23/2011 9:59:38 PM
    What type of Insurance would one need when owning a Driving School?
  • 110. Rose said on 7/27/2011 6:42:33 PM
    I live in the DFW area. My question is the same as your number 2 question. How can I start a driving school with a limited budget. And what is the minimum equipment i need. I would have to start off small if I do this where can I find or can you help me with an estimate of cost?
  • 111. Phinah Ramalepe said on 7/28/2011 4:09:44 AM
    Hi, I need to open a driving School around South Africa,Please provide me with the information. Thanks ,(mphinahramalepe@yahoo.com)
  • 112. mzandile ngobese said on 7/28/2011 5:47:05 AM
    Hi I want 2 open my driving school in rural area. Can u plz just give me an information and also requirements. Thank u, Mzwandile Ngobese .
  • 113. mario said on 8/4/2011 10:44:26 PM
    Hi i want to open my own driving school in NJ, but just moved to Philadelphia. Can u give me sum info and also requirements. Thank u, Mario
  • 114. charlene said on 8/24/2011 3:29:13 AM
    I'm interested in opening my own driving school, I seek your help in providing me with all the requirements. SA
  • 115. Daniel said on 8/24/2011 5:06:16 PM
    I've been a driving instructor for a year now and want to open a driving school in Sacramento, CA. I'm a newbie when it comes to starting up a business w/ limited budget. Please provide me w/ all the requirements (in details) such as: required license(s) (how & where), start up cost, type of insurances, dual brake system, building lease, website & advertising, business plan, providing 1000 hr experience (how & where), etc... Little detail steps from A-Z would be great....
  • 116. AJ Latchman said on 8/26/2011 8:24:32 AM
    Hi , I am from South Africa, Cape Town, getting retrenched in Dec and would like to start my own business with limited funds, would like to go into simulated driving, looking to purchase a good simulator for driver training , is there a company you can recommend to contact.
  • 117. Gbubemi Oritseweyimi said on 8/28/2011 3:58:38 PM
    I want to state a driving school for cooperate company and I need driving simulator to buy, am from Nigeria (Abuja)Thanks
  • 118. Damon Gilbert said on 8/30/2011 8:45:33 PM
    I have been a truck driver for 21 years. Thinking about starting a drivers school in Missouri. Wondering what state requirements would include.
  • 119. Brenda Williams said on 8/31/2011 9:08:21 PM
    Hi,I live in Jacksonville FL, I would like to start a Driving class instructor for young teens drivers. I have limited budget. Please provide me with start up cost, insurance, if I can do a start up from home any little or big details,forms,legal doc ect. how to begin?
  • 120. Alvin Stampley said on 9/7/2011 7:36:29 PM
    Hi, I live in Slidell, Louisiana. I would like to start a driving .school, but don't know where to start please let me know where to get cert. from and where to go from there.
  • 121. muhammad pervez said on 9/10/2011 11:57:27 AM
    i want to start driving school. my address as following 14618 mission hills dr, houston tx 77083
  • 122. Terrance Carter said on 9/16/2011 6:41:49 AM
    I'm looking to start a driving school in York, Pa. What do I need and where do I go to register my company and get licenses. I have small budget to do this.
  • 123. osafo osei-tutu said on 9/19/2011 3:35:17 PM
    I want to start my own driving school in chicago how do I go about it thanks
  • 124. Craig Berry said on 9/21/2011 3:28:26 PM
    I am interested in starting a driving school in the Dallas, Tx area. This is a new venture for me and only have a small amount of money. Is there any means of 'assistance' to help with new business owners for this particular business.
  • 125. ABM B ALTAMASH said on 9/22/2011 5:14:16 PM
    I AM PLANING TO OPEN A DRIVING TRAINING SCHOOL. PLEASE SEND ME THE DETAIL INFORMATION FROM A TO Z. FOR THE PROCESS FOR LICENSING AND OPERATION OF THAT SCHOOL. THANK YOU. HOPE TO GET YOUR RESPONSE SOON.
  • 126. ben hafid said on 9/24/2011 11:59:09 PM
    i'm from Boston, i'm interested to start a small business like a driving school and i would like you help on steps how to get their, Thanks
  • 127. sameer d. pawar said on 9/26/2011 1:23:49 PM
    my name sameer i want start motor driving school. so plz help me my phone number is 28152320 mob- 7738 800 900. plz tell me what is the rule & act for mts.
  • 128. Anthony williams said on 9/27/2011 11:46:19 AM
    I AM THINKING ABOUT open a driving school please send me information what it take in md
  • 129. Aeronita Smith said on 9/27/2011 1:46:51 PM
    My name is Aeronita Smith, I would like to open and own my own defensive driving school. I live in the Houston Texas area and about 5 years ago I spoke to someone in the Houston area that have the class on Sat and Sunday. But I can not find the number or the name. I also have limited income and would have to start small this has been my ideal for sometime now and I want to go after my dream.
  • 130. J.R.LODEWYK said on 10/3/2011 3:00:12 PM
    I WOULD LIKE TO START A DRIVING SCHOOL AT BLOEMFONTEIN SOUTH AFRICA.
  • 131. Maria said on 10/4/2011 11:12:30 PM
    Hello, I would like to open a driving school in Staten sland ny can you tell me what the minimum requirements are in order to get started. Thanks
  • 132. rene said on 10/16/2011 9:46:53 PM
    hi i would like to open a driving school in Guam,. could you tell me what are the requirements to get started? thank you.
  • 133. MYRNA said on 10/23/2011 10:59:47 AM
    My good morning to you all i just need to inquire how to open a defensive driving school in WASHINGTON STATE(SEATTLE AREA) How to start.How to be licensed.What are the requirement to be licensed.How to become and license instructor. What are the requirement to become license instructor. If I open it what kind of insurance for my business do I need do I to be BONDED to these business thank you hopefully I get a response right away
  • 134. dumisani Adoons said on 11/3/2011 11:21:17 AM
    my company name is madodasukumani school of driving, situated in the Free State- Xhariep district- wepener. i need assistance in regards to obtaining the license for a driving school
  • 135. Ward Angle said on 11/4/2011 11:38:21 AM
    I live in Pulaski Va, and want information on the protocol on how to start my own driving school. Will I have to have a class room? thank you for your help. WQard
  • 136. Lu C Wilkey said on 11/6/2011 2:47:49 PM
    What is the cost to start up my business, I am already a certified Defensive Driver Instructor?
  • 137. Lish Phillips said on 11/10/2011 2:01:09 PM
    I'm located in Glendale, Ca. I Am currently opening my driving school. Can you please tell me the most effective ways for advertising my school. 818-500-7577.
  • 138. Dillip Moharana said on 12/19/2011 12:03:16 PM
    I am an Instructor for Safety Driving. I believe my quality how will I make others to know my quality?
  • 139. Yolanda Santos said on 12/20/2011 8:35:43 PM
    My name is Yolanda Santos, I would like to open and own a driving school, I have limited income and would have to start small this has been my ideal for sometime now and I want to go after my dream. I have limited budget. Please provide me with start up cost, insurance, if I can do a start up from home any details,forms,legal doc ect. how to begin? Thank you for your help
  • 140. Lusindiso Mayambela said on 12/26/2011 7:57:52 AM
    I wish to run a driving school in Cape town,how to start?
  • 141. Lettie said on 1/3/2012 3:27:37 PM
    My name is Lydia Mamatela and i want to start a driving school business in North West,do i need any qualification to do so?
  • 142. Janardhan Nagare said on 1/7/2012 9:07:45 AM
    I have applied for driving license for non transport car. I am a diploma holder from Mechanical engineering. Want to open car driving school in Pune city in Maharashtra state in country India. Pls help me to start driving school from initial stage. Thanks in advance
  • 143. Rani Hines said on 1/8/2012 12:32:45 AM
    Looking to start a driving school in the Tampa Bay FL with emphasis on the elderly. Any tips?
  • 144. Trena Bentley said on 1/9/2012 12:32:50 PM
    Looking to start a driving school in Cleveland Ohio. What is the necessary steps I need to take to become a certified instructor, then open up a school?
  • 145. Sehrish Khan said on 1/9/2012 4:40:02 PM
    Looking to start a driving school in richmond tx. What is the necessary steps one needs to take to become a certified instructor, then open up a driving school
  • 146. Earl Walker said on 1/16/2012 5:34:47 PM
    i would like to start a driving school Baltimore County MD in the united states. I have been driving for years. Cars, trucks, and tractor trailers. i would like to teach them all, so i need to know where to obtain an instructors certificate, and know what to her documents i would bring other than job duties at various jobs i have worked. So if you can help me with this information it would be appreciated. Thanks and have a great day
  • 147. Adedayo said on 1/22/2012 7:09:33 PM
    Hello, I would like to start a business school business in Philadelphia PA, I would so much appreciate it if you could send me all the detail information to start up, thanks and have a great day.
  • 148. ali raza said on 1/25/2012 5:36:58 PM
    hi, i trying to start a driving school in new york (queens) what is the necessary steps that i need to take, where can i get the certification to become a driving instructor and what else i need after that. thanks.
  • 149. Don Keysor said on 1/26/2012 11:55:48 AM
    I am interested in as much information possible regarding obtaining a certificate to teach driver's ed, and opening my own school. Much appreciated!
  • 150. JOSE OTANEZ said on 2/8/2012 5:34:11 PM
    HI,MY NAME IS JOSE .I WOULD LIKE TO OPEN A DRIVER SCHOOL IN NYC.I HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS.WERE DO I START.
  • 151. damiyon laws said on 2/21/2012 11:42:06 PM
    Can someone tell me the steps to be a driving instructor. I also want to defensive driving and dui training class... Augusta GA 30907.
  • 152. ANDREW BAJI said on 2/23/2012 8:35:44 AM
    HI, MY NAME IS ANDREW, I WOULD LIKE TO OPEN A DRIVING SCHOOL AROUND LIMPOPO, RSA. SO I"M ASKING FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO START IT, WHERE TO GET THE OPERATING PERMIT.
  • 153. moses said on 3/6/2012 6:31:10 PM
    hi i am interested on opening a driving school in krugersdorp, i stay in swaneviel kagiso. where must i start if i want to obtain a certificate to open a driving school. i have four years experience, i use to work at driving school part times. where must i go for operating permit. MOSES.
  • 154. terina said on 3/10/2012 9:35:32 AM
    HI. Please email me where in seattle i need to register my driving school and get permit to open and work in my school as a driving instructor? give me the address of place i need to register my school and where do i get the license to teach how to drive? please send me via email. I am in seattle, washington. give me their phone numbers please. Can I start the business from my home? thanks terina
  • 155. terina said on 3/10/2012 9:38:09 AM
    please send me via email address and phone number i need to register my private school with and get drivers instructor license in seattle, wa. and can I start this business from my home and can sba help me? if so give me the phone number in seattle. thanks
  • 156. Hugo Carrion said on 3/12/2012 10:23:39 PM
    the name of my company will be TDS driving school please tell me how to star a driving school
  • 157. Stacey Robinson said on 3/15/2012 10:23:05 PM
    I was needing step by step instructions on where I need to start first by obtaining my license. Where do I go to apply and register the company, and where do i get the instructors certificate from?
  • 158. Zukiswa said on 3/18/2012 3:13:00 AM
    hi i am interested on opening a driving school in Durban, where must i start if i want to obtain a certificate to open a driving school.i have 10 years experience, i am currently working as an instructor . where must i go for operating permit and all.Zukiswa
  • 159. Nomthandazo Mkhize said on 3/18/2012 4:34:12 PM
    Hi, i am interested in opening a driving school in Umbumbulu, i am working in a NPO, we train a group of youth members from the informal settlement as well as those who are orphans who passed matric and have no one to send them to the tertiary institution. They receive skills programmers and the drivers license. Currently I have a registered driving school certificate(PTY) i've got instructors but i want to know more on how i can get a permit to run the driving school smoothly with no issues. Nomthandazo
  • 160. Nomtha said on 3/19/2012 8:45:15 AM
    I need to know how to start a driving school business. I am at Umlazi, the business will be operating at Umbumbulu in Durban. I need to know how to get a permit. From Nomtha
  • 161. Delisile said on 3/22/2012 9:52:26 AM
    Hi i wish to start a Driving School Business so i need to know how much do i need and what are the requirements and qualifications
  • 162. James expert adviser said on 3/23/2012 1:33:39 AM

@Delisile, this business will depend on the country. Visit your nearest DMV location for more info. For the investment you can start it on a very low budget with one car only and scale up accordingly. If you have more budget then go for 5-10 instructors, 4-6 cars with 8 hrs shift business.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 163. janet said on 3/23/2012 2:47:45 PM
    i live in Arizona. I have asked the MVD for direction..but get very limited info via email. Can i run a 'hands on in vehicle training' only from my home? One car for now & the office in my home? No class instruction. Just the 6 hours of car, on road training. These are my unanswered questions. Please assist...thanks!
  • 164. James expert adviser said on 3/24/2012 12:27:23 PM

@janet, i think you can but you need to go through this before you plan anything further.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 165. Erin said on 3/27/2012 7:29:49 PM
    Looking to start a driving school in Kirkland, Wa USA. Looking for step by step process. Thank you!
  • 166. Morris,D said on 4/3/2012 1:01:11 AM
    I live in the Inland Empire area in California. It has been brought to my attention that Driver's ED may no longer be offered in public schools. What certifications/licenses would I need and approximately how much is start up. I currently am certified through DOT to instruct bus drivers in transit and para-transit, also certified through DMV to perform on the road/behind the wheel testing. I am interested in starting my own company training bus drivers and student drivers. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  • 167. vincent francis said on 4/7/2012 2:07:06 AM
    dear sir i would like to start motor training school in india, Thane, maharashtra.
  • 168. William Baron said on 4/9/2012 4:05:18 PM
    Hello I would like to start a driving school in melrose park IL radius of 3 miles. I was a driving instructor for a previous school and would like to continue in opening my own location. Just to get more information to get started.
  • 169. michael said on 4/16/2012 9:06:26 PM
    Hi guys ! my name is Michael i will like to open a driving school in Houston Texas ! In south west area please let me know what i can do ? thank you very much . best regards Michael
  • 170. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 4/17/2012 1:13:04 PM
    @Michael-- Starting a Driver Ed School is a good way to make a modest living. In some cases, you can do more. Often, from my experience, most combine a school with other enterprises. It can go well with a partner as well. The following backgrounds work out well-- Teachers. Ministers-Church, Synagogue Affiliation, Police, Fire and anyone that has Driven Professionally (Truck, or, Livery).

For specific advice, please contact me through this forum and I will be glad to address any inquiries. I have taught Driver-Ed for (15) Years and built schools from 200 to 2,000. There are many dimensions to operating a PROFESSIONAL and well-regarded school, at any level. STeve

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 171. niniola joshua said on 4/18/2012 1:30:58 PM
    hi, i nurse an ambition to start a driving school in nigeria. may i know how and where i can procure motor vehicle simulator?
  • 172. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 4/22/2012 1:29:01 AM
    Ms. Joshua, Realistically, it may be quite expensive to purchase a new simulator from the US and have it shipped to Nigeria. Perhaps, there is some State or Gov't funding that you may obtain ? In any event, should you be able to follow-through, a US company that offers a nice Simulator is a company that can be found at www.DriverInteractive.com. Good Luck ! Steve

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 173. Arpege Gibson said on 4/22/2012 7:52:54 PM
    Hello I just retired from the military and I am looking to start a driving school in zachary, louisiana. Where do I get the materials and information I need to get going?
  • 174. Ray Perez said on 4/23/2012 11:50:30 AM
    Hi, I'm instructor of Driving School for 7 years experience; I felt a little tired working for different driving school making another people rich, I believe this my opportunity to open my own driving school. I understand is difficult in NYC for the competition with others driving school but I believe the goal is to challenge in this business with the advertisement and technology draft. Please, I'd like to know more opinion, or some new ideas about my own decision to open my own driving school from you. Thanks.
  • 175. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 4/23/2012 7:20:07 PM
    @RayPerez, Your sentiments are understandable. I have worked for many over the years, and have seen them make quite good $$, and their personnel not so much. However, I would caution you from the outset that there are many ingredients-- in addition to your drive to 'not make money for others', and to be careful to not let this sentiment cloud good and sound judgment and reasoning in the consideration. I have many schools that I have worked with that I have helped to start and grow- (12) since 2000. You have ONE important facet to having success in this--- A BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE in teaching Driver-Ed. Now, to ensure possible success may I suggest you consider the following qualities that have been present in other successful 'Start-Ups':
    (1) A Viable Partner-- hope fully with financial resources. Technological insight is important as well- it being clear that you want that to be a part of your edge.
    (2) A Budget. It takes at least $5,000 in the first 6-9 months of a school to get going and get your name out there
    (3) A Business Plan. Driver-Ed is a unique animal, and it works different in different markets. MD (where I am) requires Classroom, whereas NY does not. More driving may make the difference in NY. And, of course, you need to know the competition. Will Classroom be a part of your school's offering?
    (4) Business Source (s) Take a hard look at the area and the Market and ask yourself THIS Q ...
    -- where will my business come from ---
    Overall, sir, I support you in your decision to try and do this. However, there is much distance, planning and facts between here and a successful and profitable Enterprise.
    Best, Steve

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 176. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 4/23/2012 7:35:23 PM

@arpege, Dear Arpege-- Thank You for your service. There is good opportunity to have this type of business. I believe that I can point you in the direction as to where to get materials and a packet from the State.

However, I need to check and see about Zachary. It seems that may be a popular place for a school as more than one inquiry has come through about 'opening a school' there. Let me check and see and then we can connect-- as i believe my EMAIL is displayed.

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 177. Mpho M said on 4/27/2012 3:33:59 PM
    Hi, i will like to open a driving school in south africa(Pretoria)can you help me with the name of the agency to apply for my driving school license
  • 178. Smith A. said on 4/28/2012 8:22:06 PM
    I need to start a driving School business in the State of Utah and I really don't know what to do first in order to start it. Can you help me?
  • 179. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 4/29/2012 9:15:53 AM
    @A.Smith Dear A. SMith : Congratulations on your interest in being a Independent and Small Business Owner. From the start, please realize that Driver-Ed is 'Small' business, and it is not likely that you will makes tons of Money. However, having said that, it can be Dynamic, Interesting and Fun for the right Individual-- while providing a job for the owner and decent income. I am based in MD, so I can only provide you a general 'Frame-Of-Reference', but one that holds in an overall sense for MOST States. Here are the steps :
    1. CONTACT YOUR LOCAL REGULATORY AUTHORITY,
      usually this is through the Motor Vehicles Agency, or, you can contact a local Driver Ed School, and they will inform you of the contact/Agency that oversees them.
    2. OBTAIN PACKET FROM SAID AGENCY
      This will contain full Instructions including--
      Bonding; FBI Background checks; Facilities; Education/Certification; Vehicles; Personnel, etc.
    This Packet and the contact that will ultimately INSPECT and APPROVE your School is your 'Road-Map' to the whole process. From the time that you get the Packet to the time you open your doors is no shorter than 5-6 Months and sometime close to a YEAR-- so be patient and have other Income and resources for that time-span. So, I hope that this helps, please feel free to write with more inquiries-- once you GET TH PACKET.

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 180. Junior Jean-Mary said on 5/4/2012 9:44:35 PM
    J.S.J DUI Traffic School. Aiken,Sc,29803 (803)514-8408
    Hi:Dear, Sr. I am junior, the reason i try to get in contact with you is because i want to start a DUI traffic School, but i just don't understand how i can do that and what do i need.
  • 181. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 5/6/2012 9:42:46 AM
    @Junior Jean-Mary, The person in SC that you want to get in touch with is Pearl Ardis-- Pearl.Ardis@scdmv.net. She does Driver-Ed mostly, but I believe that she can assist you well, or refer you to the right party. Steve

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 182. samuel khadi said on 5/7/2012 1:40:18 AM
    I have a code10(C1)driving license held since 2006. I live in Krugersdorp, South Africa. I want to open a driving school but don't know how to go about it. Which agency do i go to to register and obtain a license?
  • 183. Kishan Dogra said on 5/12/2012 2:21:35 AM
    Dear I want to know that which kind of the formality done before start a driving school. please provide me the whole process to start a new driving school. Thankx
  • 184. Shannon Harris said on 5/18/2012 2:54:14 PM
    What is the process of starting a driver school in Baltimore, MD like where do i need to go to get the license the registration
  • 185. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 5/20/2012 11:11:28 AM
    @Shannon- There are many schools, RIGHT IN MD, where I am based, that I have worked with that I have helped to start and grow- (12) since 2000. You have ONE important facet to having success in this--- AN INTEREST IN DRIVER/TEEN SAFETY-Ed. The FIRST step in the Process is to call the Glen Burnie MVA and ask for Room 207-- Yohanna. She has been there for years and will register your interest and SEND YOU A PACKET. However, I would caution you that there are many factors in being successful in this-- and 'HallMarks' of successful schools. To ensure possible success may I suggest you consider the above qualities that have been present in others successful 'Start-Ups', please follow my previous comment.

So Shannon, I help that this helps you out. I support you in your interest and decision to try and do this. However, there is much distance, planning and facts between here and a successful and profitable Enterprise. Best, Steve

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 186. jimmy mathebula said on 5/27/2012 6:59:36 AM
    hello i want know that which kind of the formality done before start driving school please if i try to ask the owners of driving schools i cant get help, thank you bye
  • 187. Malcolm Jones said on 5/29/2012 4:04:10 AM
    Hi I need to know now that the driving school has gone though all the legal task as to become accredited here in South Africa. Who do I contact and what are the requirements. We are based in Cape Town Contact No: 021 8240714
  • 188. saravanan said on 6/10/2012 2:33:34 PM
    i want to start a driving school in my home town what is the procedure to start and how to prepare the documents and where it approach. madurai, tamilnadu, india. give me the details
  • 189. Masilo said on 6/12/2012 8:26:12 AM
    Good day, Kindly assist with some information on how to start a driving school business and how to go about. How much more or less does one need to have and how many vehicles would one need. Your response will be highly appreciated.
  • 190. saravanan said on 6/24/2012 11:17:06 AM
    my business location is madurai (tamilnadu state india)i am interested to start a driving school pls can u send the procedure
  • 191. MSWilliams said on 7/1/2012 8:17:50 PM
    I live in PG County Maryland and would like to open a small driving school. Where do I start? Can you list the organizations I need to contact? Thank you.
  • 192. galeboe said on 7/5/2012 10:57:51 AM
    Hi I want to start my own driver training. I'm in welkom, free state
  • 193. Ddanger said on 7/19/2012 1:01:50 PM
    I live in Grand Prairie Tx and would like to open a driving school business back not sure where to start or who to contact.
  • 194. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 7/20/2012 7:29:33 AM
    @Ddanger-- The best thing would be to contact a local Driver Ed school near to you, and ask which is the governing authority for Driver-Ed schools. I have heard that it is under TEA authority, even a basic Internet search under 'TEA, Driver-Ed' may yield the agency and people involved. For Business Plans and an overview of the business, you may write me at Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com. Steve Blank Driver-Ed Business Consultant

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 195. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 7/20/2012 7:35:01 AM

@MSWilliams, Please see comment 185 as above. In MD, the place to find out more is Room 207 at the Glen Burnie MVA. There are many aspects to starting and running a successful school.

1. you want a good partner
    2. A pool of prospects/students that you can rely on for business. Many ex HS Teachers, and Law Enforcement do well in this regard
    3. you should have a Business Plan and a budget of over $5,000
    4. For more please write me at Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 196. Indra Kamal Das said on 7/21/2012 11:32:59 AM
    I want to start a driving School business in Guwahati and but I really don't know what to do first to start it. I know that I need a driving school License , but where I can get the license, Can you give me the information.
  • 197. Ggreg Hall said on 7/24/2012 5:04:16 PM
    I live in Md I'm owner of a Tag and Title service in Seat Pleasant MD i am looking to opening a Driver School. I heard that in order TO become a ADI a driving school must hire you first and they send you to school is that TRUE.
  • 198. Steven Jay Blank beginner adviser said on 7/25/2012 10:00:49 AM
    @Ggreg Hall-- It seems that in order to get a 'New School Packet' from the MVA, a licensed Driver Ed Teacher needs to appear to room 207, MVA-- ask for Yohanna. For more info., I may be reached at Steve@DriverTrainingproducts.com Steve Blank

Steve@DriverTrainingProducts.com || Driving School Business Consultant

• 199. destiny emmanuel said on 7/27/2012 3:39:59 AM
    i want to start a driving school in Lagos i really know what to do first but i know need a license ,but where do i get it
  • 200. Radhakant said on 7/29/2012 6:20:18 AM
    @GISELE, Hello First of all I would like to introduce myself to you, Hello my Name is Radhakant Biraj Debata. My Nick Name is Biraj Debata. i am an Indian National and Male. I am 35 years old and Married. I am Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Port Authority Of India. I am from ORISSA STATE & I leave in its Coastal Capital City -- BHUBANESWAR. It also has an Domestic-Airport. It is a Tourist Destination since it is just 60 kms from the sea. I am from a Political Family. My Mobile number is 09776028714 & My Email-Id's are {(radhakant.b.debata@gmail.com ,rbdrbirajdebatarbd@yahoo.com & radhakant.biraj.d@hotmail.com)} you can send me your Reply's on these Email-id's. GISELE FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF LIKE ( YOUR FULL NAME ,YOUR NATIONALITY & FROM WHICH COUNTRY YOU ARE ). Gisele as you have mentioned in your "BLOG" that you are Interested in " STARTING & OPENING AN INDIAN DRIVING SCHOOL BY DOING PARTNERSHIP WITH INDIAN CITIZEN".

Look I am "INTERESTED" & Would like to Help You & Assist You in "STARTING A INDIAN DRIVING SCHOOL HERE IN MY STATE IN INDIA". Regarding this i want to share my opinion with you ,Gisele since it is your Decision and you have the rights to decide what to do. Look i will Assure You & Guarantee you 100 % that you will find it Nice & Good if you visit my State once. It was just My Suggestion ,in which i was Suggesting you that it would have been Nice & Profitable for you had you have "STARTED A INDIAN DRIVING SCHOOL HERE IN MY STATE IN INDIA" ,GISELE as you know it is Nearer to Sea & it is an Ideal Place & Tourist Destination which will be Profitable for you & also for the Business you start. So if you are Interested ,than please do reply me.