How to Build a Home Office Desk
Working at home requires a spot wherein you can work comfortably. You may use the spare room in your house as office. However, it is always common scenario wherein you will share the area with your family member.
In order to have the chance to acquire the space that you need, it would be best if you can make your own home office desk.
Step-By-Step Procedure for Building Home Office Desk
- The first thing to do is to cut the 1 ft x 2 ft long triangle of plywood. Make sure to employ plywood blade on saw for this phase. You may need to use a safety goggles for this procedure.
- Be sure to sand the plywood edges to smoothen the triangles. This can be done using the hand but it can be time consuming and needs a lot of effort. So, it is ideal to use power sander with 100 grit belt. You can also use safety goggles to protect your eyes from the flying wood particles.
- Cut four of the 1x4 to 28 inches, you will need to use carbide-tipped blade.
- The next thing to do is to make the legs for your desk. Screw and glue one triangle to every 1x4, be sure that the end of the triangle is directly situated in the middle of the board. This is important because these are the legs of your table. Use the drill to aid you to get screws easily in the wood. You can also use two screws in every board in order to hold them steadily.
- Connect the other 1x4 to the legs at about 14 inch from floor by screwing and gluing. Make sure to level the boards effectively. This should be precise respectively.
- Make the upper part of desk frame. The legs can be freestanding, so create an upper fram by taking 1 x 2 pieces of fine as well as cutting one to 28 inch or the other 2 to twenty-two inches.
- Then attach the sides of frame into the inner top sides of legs by screwing and gluing. Be sure that the measurements are exact and equal on both sides.
- Finish the deck and you may finish the desk with stain or leave it ordinary, which is your option. If you don’t want to make trial and error, it would be nice if you can consult an expert carpenter to teach you how to make or build home office desk.
What Are The Materials Needed?
- Safety goggles
- Tape measure
- Wood glue
- Level Jigsaw
- ½ inch Cherry, Oak or Decorative plywood
- Circular saw
- Power sander
- 10 ft. standard grade pine
- Carbide-tipped blade
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- Work from Home Without a Computer
- Work from Home Assembling Products
- Work from Home Proofreading
- Work from Home Phone Operator
- Work from Home Schemes
- How to Start a Pizza Business from Home
- How to Run a Small Business from Home
- SMC Work at Home
- Drafting Work from Home
- Home Office Job Opportunities
- Jewelry Design Business