Starting a Mobile Coffee Business

Coffee has become a universal word. What’s breakfast without coffee? How can an afternoon meeting happen without a cup of coffee? Even graveyard shifters need coffee to stay up. In every nation, every culture people commune with coffee.

Clearly that’s why it has become a billion dollar industry! If you want some part of that action, this mobile coffee business guide will show you how.

Here are a few startup mobile coffee business suggestions you could use

Learn about different types of coffee

The best way to learn to make good coffee is to actually make one. Why not try working for a Starbucks outlet? This way you not only get to taste and prepare different types of coffee orders but you get to mingle with customers too! As an added supplement, grab a coffee how to book from your local book store and read up.

Register for a coffee business name and make sure you get the appropriate licenses Find a name that people can easily associate your business with. Register this name and trademark it so nobody else can use it. Also fill out the necessary papers to file for your coffee business license.

Gathering your equipment

Needless to say every baseball player needs a bat, a composer to a piano, a stethoscope to a doctor, and an espresso machine to a coffee business. Search the web for online offers to a decent looking and working espresso machine. Study the features and find one that suits you and your budget. While you are at it, look for a reliable source of coffee and other coffee supplies like serving coffee cups and flavored coffee syrups. You may want to look up fair trade coffee deals. It’s not only quality and cheap but you will be helping poor agriculturists as well in the process. Invest on outdoor equipment as well like a portable table, cabling, and a power supply.

Marketing tips for a mobile coffee shop

Make brochures of your services and target company events like training seminars, product launches, and office socialization programs. Start by making a list of companies near your area. Grab your yellow pages or search the web for their contact information as well as their address. With your brochure, print out a quotation of your services combined with a letter with a letter head of your company stating how your services can help them with their coffee needs. Place these papers in a professional envelop and submit it or address to the person making the decisions.

Volunteer your services during charity events in your community. This way people get to experience not only your coffee but experience how you do business. Socialize and network for coffee clients during these events. Exchange cards with people. Grab as many business cards as you can. Then the following day, give them a ring telling them that you had a great time meeting them and that you’ll gladly service their coffee needs in the future in they need one.

• 1. madeleine o keeffe said on 6/23/2009 2:05:26 PM
    hello, i am starting up a mobile coffee business in carlow, ireland. thank you for the article, i would really welcome any more information that you could give me. looking forward to hearing from you, kind regards, madeleine
  • 2. Jassim Al Bastaki said on 7/27/2009 5:13:11 AM
    Dear Madeleine, I wish you all the best on your mobile coffee shop business, For your information, we are starting doing the same here on Dubai (UAE) so if you find there are any kind of cooperation, please get in touch with us. Regards, Jassim
  • 3. Ali Al Ghamdi said on 3/10/2010 6:32:40 PM
    Dear Sir/Madam, I’m looking for a standstill Mobile card for coffee business to be used in Malls, hotel, events etc. with following specification: standstill, content a small pastry case, mobile, lights, contents derange system, very good design, enough space for espresso machine, grinder, plunder, nick box, water filter system & POS. If you had similar design or you manufacturing the same, then please contact me. Thanks and best regards, Ali
  • 4. Justinas said on 3/22/2010 7:56:14 AM
    Hello, i'm started coffee bike business in Lithuania, Vilnius. We have our site www.pupele.lt, and we are looking for partners.
  • 5. Mark Ceesay said on 4/18/2010 7:51:07 PM
    I have run a mobile coffeebike business in Copenhagen, Denmark and have had the business for 1 year now. The locals LOVE it and business is good :) Check out the pictures and videos at http://www.coffeebike.dk/blog
  • 6. paul said on 6/29/2010 12:35:18 PM
    hello, i'm thinking of starting a mobile coffee biz but dont know how to go about it...Want to know how and where to get started, eg-prices of vans with machines in, licenses, etc. would be grateful for information.
  • 7. ANNIE said on 10/28/2010 12:32:35 PM
    youngstown, Ohio I am thinking of starting a mobile coffee business and need some information on what I would need to get started. What type of vehicle, machines, licenses, etc. I have access to obtaining coffee and supplies. Just want to know more about the actual set up of the trailer or van, how to make everything work, and what type of license do I need. Can I park anywhere and sell? Thanks!
  • 8. BPIN PATEL said on 12/27/2010 8:20:23 AM
    I want to start a mobile coffee van business in my SURAT (GUJARAT)INDIA area. Kindly give me the ideas how to get started. Further, where the row materials coffee, machines will be available? Can I park this mobile coffee van anywhere or where to park and where to get more business? Thanks!
  • 9. Lisa C said on 2/1/2011 10:10:07 AM
    Surrey, England. I am wanting to start a mobile coffee cart business for my local Industrial estate, village and markets. Could you please tell me where to start. E.g finding a van, machine, suppliers, Licenses and insurance etc. Thanks for your time. Lisa
  • 10. patrick dobos said on 3/25/2011 8:35:43 PM
    hi there, may you send me information /franchise fee and cost for van /coffee van business please? thanks a lot, patrick, 111 convent hill avenue ballina. co.mayo, ireland
  • 11. Deepali said on 3/29/2011 6:23:15 AM
    Hi, i need to start a mobile tea cart in Mumbai, India. Can you help me with basic information on the same. Ex. Van, raw material requirement, licenses etc.
  • 12. elham said on 4/18/2011 6:58:33 AM
    Hi,i am going to start mobile coffee business and i need information about license. many thanks
  • 13. Robbie said on 9/26/2011 8:19:42 AM
    hi i am looking to start a mobile coffee cart business in Dublin/Ireland and desperately need information on how to obtain a license for this and be able to use them or events, parks etc your help would be really appreciated many thanks robert
  • 14. santosh kumar said on 10/5/2011 3:17:01 AM
    hi, i want to start my own kachori and tea mobile cart but i don know how to get license to start this business. saket, New Delhi - 110017, India
  • 15. michael said on 10/12/2011 9:46:07 AM
    I want to start a mobile tea and coffee service in my local town I need to know what type of vehicle would suit and about licenses I would need etc and equipment.
  • 16. Thomas Mellon said on 10/26/2011 9:36:21 PM
    Hi I'm starting a mobile coffee business in cork and need advice on permits/licenses etc any help would be really appreciated :-)
  • 17. Harry Tahirkheli said on 12/28/2011 11:12:13 AM
    Hi is there any one who is doing mobile coffee business in UAE (Dubai) can you plz let me know.
  • 18. Virginija said on 12/29/2011 5:17:05 PM
    I want to start a mobile coffee business, need information, thank you
  • 19. blessing john said on 1/8/2012 9:47:23 AM
    i want to start up a mobile coffee/beverage business in lagos, nigeria but i dont know how and where to purchase a coffee venting cart in nigeria, so if you can kindly recommend a company that sells or supplies coffee vending carts in nigeria would really appreciate it
  • 20. john scarry said on 1/29/2012 6:08:41 PM
    hello, would like some information on how to get set up with a mobile coffee/hot snack van. I'm in Galway Ireland. I would greatly appreciate any help with this. Tks!
  • 21. Michael said on 6/30/2012 6:06:14 AM
    I am looking to start a mobile coffee business in Melbourne Australia.. any information or advice you can give would be helpful. thanks..
  • 22. garth said on 8/27/2012 3:32:53 AM
    Hi. What type of power systems can one use for these mobile coffee operations? Do you have any sites to check? Thanks
  • 23. Lucia said on 12/29/2012 8:25:35 PM
    Hi. I want to start my own coffee can business in dun laoghaire area I would like to know what kind if license I would need And how much it would cost. Regards Lucia
  • 24. Fran said on 1/11/2013 10:29:25 AM
    Hi, i'm looking to start up a mobile coffee business in Ireland but I need some information on licenses I would need. Any information would be so hopeful! Thanks!!
  • 25. Keith said on 1/14/2013 11:09:39 AM
    Hi, Again I'm from Dublin, Ireland and I want to look into getting started with a small van to sell Tea and coffee on the go. I will be starting from scratch so need as much info as possible, eg Licenses equipment and any hidden Problems that I might face starting off. Thanks very much Keith
  • 26. Lorna Behan said on 1/14/2013 11:49:37 AM
    Hi, I'm from Co. Waterford in Ireland and I am looking for all the information needed to set up a coffee van. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Lorna
  • 27. Michael said on 1/16/2013 7:26:54 PM
    Hi from Dublin looking for all info on coffee vans startup laws etc thanks
  • 28. Michael said on 1/19/2013 7:40:43 PM
    looking at buying a coffee van at the bris gold coast area haven trouble finding how about putting vans in markets and stuff like that where's the best place to set up a run etc thanks
  • 29. Lynne Carpenter said on 2/14/2013 3:17:27 AM
    Hi I'm Lynne from Perth WA and i am wanting to turn my ford transit van into a coffee van but i need info on how to build it myself. I need to know whether i have to make it out of stainless steel or something else, any info would be great, Cheers Lynne
  • 30. chander mohan sharma said on 2/18/2013 4:17:32 PM
    i am planing to start a coffee cart with low budget but in descent way only problem is to get the coffee cart on reliable rate can u help me by giving a coffee cart design which i can get it in a low price ur advice and ideas are v good regards - chander mohan delhi india
  • 31. mery said on 2/26/2013 8:24:22 AM
    hello, i want to start coffee/sandwich mobile van business in uk but don't know nothing about it am just can off searching in internet. who can i get advice from, where can i buy cheap mobile vans, machines. whats the budget for this type of business, do i need garage to keep my van overnight? or we're allowed to keep it in the same area of sales if its permanent pitch? thank you
  • 32. Assah Suh Edwin said on 3/12/2013 5:59:38 AM
    Hi, I live in south Africa, Bloemfontein and love the idea of owning a coffee shop but my capital was a little bit low. then i came across this coffee-bike business which is in-line with what i have been looking at. I will love more initiative about this business. Thanks very much
  • 33. Josephine mothudi said on 3/23/2013 12:10:03 PM
    I want to start a mobile coffee business in botswana
  • 34. Martha Kelly said on 4/23/2013 8:13:40 PM
    Fort Worth, TX. I need help to open my mobile coffee business.
  • 35. PB said on 4/25/2013 7:56:49 AM
    Hampton, VA. Starting up mobile coffee business. Need all the information I can get to make this successful.
  • 36. John Lewis said on 6/15/2013 3:28:27 AM
    Hi I have found a fully equipped van and am looking to start a mobile coffee company in Warrington, Cheshire UK. Can anyone provide info on licenses and insurance?
  • 37. lisette caparal said on 8/18/2013 4:10:40 AM
    hello, i am a student in a university in the Philippines, and we are required to make a business plan, our group decided to put up a mobile coffee shop, but instead of van, we'll be using bus. But we don't know nothing about it. can you give me information oh how to put up a mobile coffee shop, like the budget, location, and the needed requirements.
  • 38. Ondrej said on 10/31/2013 8:04:32 AM
    Hello, we shall start with mobile coffee bike. i would like to ask you for help. in the meantime, we gathered coffee machine, grinder, battery, cargo bike. kindly ask you for your hints about plumbing all inside connections. thanks (surond@gmail.com)
  • 39. Magdalena said on 11/18/2013 10:48:32 AM
    Hello, I would like to set up my own coffee business in Ireland. I have my own bikes and Van - how the Irish law look like. I've already registered like a solve trader what should I do next for selling drinks on the streets? Thank you for your help. Magdalena
  • 40. Eric C said on 2/10/2014 12:51:58 PM
    LOOKING FOR ANY HINTS OR INFO IN SETTING UP A COFFEE & DONUT VAN IN THE MUNSTER AREA OF IRELAND. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.
  • 41. Melissa said on 5/1/2014 6:16:32 PM
    Hi there, I'm looking at starting a mobile coffee business in NZ. I'm not too sure how to obtain water supply for the mobile coffee van/cart. Any form of information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • 42. matic habat said on 5/6/2014 4:45:59 AM
    hi, i am looking to start mobile coffee business in croatia. I am interesting if someone have some information about budget you need without car or van. This I already have. thank you
  • 43. Peta said on 5/24/2014 11:19:50 PM
    Hi I have a mobile coffee business that i can no longer run as i have sustained an injury..it is a 2013 NISSAN X Trail fitted out with all high grade stainless steel and equipment is only 10 months old. The has done only 21,000 klms. There is no noisy Generator as it is run by a inverter battery and gas.Regrettable sale but need to have it sold ASAP. If you would like to know more you can Email me or call me om 0427298381. Price $57,000 NEG. Regards Peta, Email: petarucker@hotmail.com
  • 44. majed said on 6/12/2014 7:44:03 AM
    hi, i wanted to start a mobile coffee van business, but I'm having trouble in finding info of where I'm allowed to park my van. can anyone help me please????? email me at majedali1998@gmail.com
  • 45. C Gerard said on 10/30/2014 6:43:20 AM
    Hello, I am interested in starting up a mobile coffee van in Ireland in the northeast. Starting from scratch and was just wondering what the running cost of a 12 volt generator etc would be?
  • 46. Gillian Pierce said on 7/23/2015 2:36:59 PM
    Hi , living in co wexford, and I would love to get more information on setting up my own mobile coffee business. Looking forward to hearing from you. Gillian
  • 47. Deepak said on 11/12/2015 3:52:26 AM
    Hi, i m looking forward to start a mobile coffee van in India. Kindly help me out with the details. Regards, Deepak
  • 48. Sandeep Gupta said on 6/19/2016 9:21:20 AM
    I want to start a mobile coffee van business in my GURGAON (Haryana)INDIA area. Kindly give me the ideas how to get started. Further, where the row materials coffee, machines will be available? Can I park this mobile coffee van anywhere or where to park and where to get more business. what is actual cost bear or whats the actual margin in this mobile coffee van. Is there any license require for opening a mobile coffee van. Thanks !!!!
  • 49. Naveen said on 2/16/2017 9:31:44 AM
    Hai, I am Naveen, I want to start tea truck business in Andhra Pradesh (India), can anyone suggest how to start it. Here is my mail:paidisettinaveen96@gmail.com