How to Start a Mobile Spa Business

Mobile spas have been picking up in popularity because of the convenience they give to customers. Realizing this, you may have thought of starting a mobile spa but you don’t know what you need.

This article will guide you through the steps of setting up your very own mobile spa business.

The spa is already a lucrative business. People frequent spas to relax by getting themselves a massage, or to work out their beauties by availing of facials, hair care and nail care services. What’s more, rich people like to frequent spas because they have the money to pay for them. There are rich people who like to have the spa come to their homes, which is possible now because of the mobile spa. Here are the important things that you need to have when you want to start a mobile spa business:

Financing for Mobile Spa Business

You would need a lot of money as mobile spa needs specialized equipment for a lot of services. The total money that you have to spend on your equipment depends on the type and number of equipment that you will procure. Since it is mobile, this type of spa does not need office space although you may choose to rent some space just to give your business a presence.

One other reason for the high amount for financing is the salary for your employees. Spa employees are paid regularly every month, regardless of whether or not you have serviced people. You need to have some money set aside for this just in case business is slow, or else you’ll end incurring losses due to the salaries alone.

Qualified Employees

To boost up the reputation of your mobile spa, you need to have only the best employees that there are in the industry. It is these employees that will be responsible for the feedbacks that will ultimately make or break your fledgling mobile spa business. You would need these kinds of employees for your spa:

• Masseurs, preferably skilled in these massages:
    - Aromatherapy
    - Deep tissue
    - Swedish
    - Stone Therapy
    - Thai
    - Indian head massage
    - Seated chair massage
  • Reflexologists
  • Beauticians for your facial, hair and nail services.

Making Contacts for Mobile Spa Business

Mobile spas thrive on having contacts, as these contacts will be the ones to hook you up with clients. You can build up contacts by either working first in a mobile spa company, or to conduct a successful marketing campaign.

People most of the times spend max of their time surfing the Internet and finding the information that they need there. You can take advantage of this by setting up a website for your company that is already optimized for the search engines. Using your website, you can launch a viral marketing campaign by posting invites in social networking sites as well as forums. You can choose to give out calling cards and flyers to people as well.

• Starting Your Own Spa Party Business
    With the tricks in starting your spa party business, you are rest assured that you can be one of the top businesses in the spa party industry.
  • How to Buy Salon and Spa Equipment
    Are you planning to open a salon? Do you know that your biggest investment in that kind of business will be on equipment? Get the basic buying tips from us.

• 1. Katrina said on 2/19/2009 2:02:16 PM
    I started a mobile spa 9 yrs ago. Good business but didn't know how to market or work it. Could you please send me more information about running this type of business. Thanks
  • 2. Keyana said on 3/1/2009 10:54:06 AM
    I am interested in starting a mobile business and would like more information about it. Can you please send me more info. Thanks
  • 3. Chavonn said on 3/7/2009 3:44:05 PM
    I would like to start a mobile spa but need more info regarding salaries and rates. Can you please give me some guidelines. Thank you.
  • 4. Ranesha said on 3/18/2009 1:02:44 AM
    i want to start a mobile business but i would like more information about how to market it, what is required to get started, and whats the average to charge and what equipment needed. thank you!
  • 5. parneet kaur said on 3/25/2009 8:10:46 AM
    it is an interesting idea,I am interested in starting up a mobile spa but i have certain investment constraints. can u tell me the minimum investment needed. Thanks Parneet
  • 6. Nakia said on 3/25/2009 12:51:36 PM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa please send me more info. Thank You.
  • 7. Ranya said on 3/25/2009 7:21:53 PM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa, can u please e mail me some information especially in marketing. Thank you
  • 8. Lynn said on 3/30/2009 9:14:55 AM
    I am already in the mobile spa business, but need help on organizing it. There are time it just seem like it is too much stuff to lug around. Help!!!! Thanks.
  • 9. Candace McLeod said on 3/30/2009 7:19:32 PM
    Looking into starting my own mobile spa business, please give me information on what it would take to begin as far as a start up kit, supplies, fees to charge, and any other information I would need. Thank you!!!
  • 10. Rochelle said on 4/12/2009 12:02:08 PM
    I started a mobile service a few months ago, would like information on marketing, prices, salaries and rates, especially when employing an assistant. Also, need help on organizing, when going to a client. Thank-you!
  • 11. Maris stellah mcha said on 5/3/2009 6:59:51 AM
    Hi i have started a massage parlor which is most likely spa, i would like to know more about marketing. Thanks maris stela
  • 12. SCJ said on 6/1/2009 6:04:08 AM
    I am interested to start Mobile Spa Business. Even looking to technical Know how transfer also. Looking for your input. Regards
  • 13. Irene said on 6/3/2009 10:49:06 AM
    Hi, I would like to start a mobile spa. Hair facial, and nails... Please send me more information. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Thank you
  • 14. Evelyn said on 6/7/2009 8:58:39 PM
    I would like to start a mobile business. I need to know if you have any information if I have an idea to make any change or add on to a commercial vehicle, to make it workable for my mobile business to be used for the type of business I have in mind. I also need to know if this would be an patent or trade mark needed by law? And with this idea how would I go at getting the manufacturing start to finish? And the cost of manufacturing, with no credit, no money, and no family or friends that can help me? Along with other business starting needs. This is not for any mobile business you already have on your list. I am sorry, but can you help me with any information please. Thank You!
  • 15. meshell davis said on 6/11/2009 11:23:55 AM
    Hola!! Yes I do need lots of info on starting a spa and also a mobile spa. How much does it cost..low end and high end? Please include employee salaries, equipment, supplies and anything else that I did not mention. Thanks
  • 16. Vicky said on 6/23/2009 5:14:43 AM
    Could you please supply more information on what does it take for starting a new mobile spa business? Thanks in advance V.X
  • 17. deizy valigy said on 6/25/2009 9:33:41 AM
    Good day, I am from Africa and thinking of opening a mobile Spa business. I would like to get more insight, and for those who have opened could i get some insight, what was done to market it correctly, plus minus how much was spent, what was harder. Share some insight. REGARDS
  • 18. Cindy said on 6/27/2009 1:33:57 PM
    Hello, I'm an Estheticia and I'm interested in starting a mobile spa business, but I don't know what paper work (license) I need to start the business. I would greatly appreciate any information. Thank you!
  • 19. Jamellia said on 7/9/2009 3:28:08 AM
    Hi, I am interested in starting a mobile spa in Jamaica. I just wanted some advice on what not to do so I can avoid the start up mistakes.
  • 20. Denise Castille said on 7/13/2009 12:28:08 PM
    Please send information on starting a mobile spa. Was interested in starting a stationary spa, but the idea of a mobile spa sounds perfect.
  • 21. ramatar agrawalla said on 7/17/2009 9:01:08 AM
    please send information on starting a mobile spa. i know about mobile spa. can you email me? thanks.
  • 22. nes said on 7/25/2009 3:43:41 PM
    I'm planning to start my own mobile nail spa/salon in our suburb & neighboring subdivisions. How can I market it effectively especially during its pre-launching phase? Thanks!
  • 23. reex lopez said on 8/9/2009 7:41:45 PM
    i would like to have information on how to start a mobile spa business. please advise
  • 24. Deepa said on 8/12/2009 6:46:27 PM
    I would like more info on how to start the business, market it and where to get the equipments. Is there any restrictions for a mobile spa, registration of names, need to meet certain criteria?
  • 25. Aom K. said on 8/16/2009 2:58:30 AM
    I'm interested on starting mobile spa business. please send me more information. thank you
  • 26. RayNell said on 8/23/2009 12:04:13 AM
    i have a mobile spa business now. need help on how to market more and and set the prices. Thanks RayNell
  • 27. Roy said on 9/4/2009 10:48:26 AM
    Hi, my wife is trying to start a mobile nail business in Florida, but I'm getting conflicting information on the legal requirements. Some say it can't be done, but I can't imagine there's not a way for a licensed nail tech to be able to go to her clients homes to give manicures and pedicures. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • 28. Maria said on 10/7/2009 12:21:07 PM
    I want to start a little girls spa party on the go. I have my NYS Certified Esthetic License, I would love to work mobile and be able to set up the parties. Maybe offer like mini mani/pedi, facials, dress up, a creation station; like make your own lip gloss, flipflop, etc...
  • 29. Candice said on 10/8/2009 12:17:36 PM
    I will be starting a mobile spa business but would like some more info on it. Best ways to lug around equipment, any laws I should know about etc... Thanks!
  • 30. Brandy Croswell said on 10/12/2009 6:04:04 PM
    Hi, I am very interested in starting a mobile spa business however I do not know where to begin and what is needed. I would appreciate any help that you could offer. thanks, Brandy
  • 31. Carol Thomas said on 10/12/2009 8:45:16 PM
    Hi, I am very interest in starting a mobile spa business. I would like more information about the business. Anything that would help me get started I would love to hear. Carol
  • 32. Manish said on 10/16/2009 11:24:29 AM
    Hi, A couple of my friends and I have decided to start a mobile spa. We would appreciate if you could share your experience with us. Thanks, Manish
  • 33. Mrs Pauline Uwodi said on 10/29/2009 7:36:08 AM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa business. I would like to know how to go about it
  • 34. Donna said on 10/30/2009 12:55:14 PM
    I am interested in turning my salon biz to a spa mobile biz...any help would be greatly appreciated.......
  • 35. Margarita B. said on 11/7/2009 8:40:39 AM
    I would love to have some more inf..I'm in NJ, Esthetician. I'm interested in starting a mobile SPA Biz, Thank you.
  • 36. Kerry said on 11/7/2009 3:07:56 PM
    I really want to start my own Facial threading business at home i'm a licensed esthetician in Florida what other licenses do i need to do it at home? Thank you any help would be appreciated.
  • 37. heather said on 11/9/2009 10:01:50 AM
    Please could you send me information on how to get started on setting up my own mobile spa business? Do i need to register as i have thought of my mobile business name and how do i go about this?
  • 38. caroline said on 11/12/2009 3:16:37 AM
    Hi, I have been running a mobile spa for 1 year, i need help on marketing my business and keeping my clients. Thank you.
  • 39. Divina said on 11/15/2009 4:54:41 PM
    Could you send me information about how to start my mobile spa. Marketing and Pricing services. Thank you
  • 40. Nox said on 11/19/2009 5:17:37 PM
    Hi, could you help am looking into starting a mobile spa, my main problem is staffing. how do i pay them. monthly or daily and at what rate.. Also marketing strategies. How to draw contract and financial statements.. Nox. In Durban, South Africa. mobile spa business
  • 41. shannon said on 12/4/2009 12:19:49 PM
    Troy, IL, USA. I am in the process of starting a mobile spa business but can use all of the help that I can get as I am sort of feeling my way through this. Can you help me?
  • 42. joy said on 12/13/2009 5:20:57 AM
    The Mobile Spa is an excellent business, and very profitable for friendly people. I can provide help to anyone interested with start-up in the areas of training, licensing, marketing and determining which services to specialize in. Client selection is also important. If interested, please contact me via email for further details. Good luck to you all.
  • 43. joy said on 12/13/2009 5:23:08 AM
    Since I noticed my email is not clickable, here goes: drjoychambers@gmail.com. Please, no spam! In subject line, state "Mobile Spa". Thanks.
  • 44. Maureen said on 12/26/2009 6:28:09 AM
    looking for relevant information and assistance for a mobile spa and Gym. Also looking for interested persons looking to partner in new start-up mobile spa & gym biz based in London.
  • 45. Quentin said on 12/29/2009 2:40:42 PM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa for parties, events, and corporate offices in Atlanta, GA, Dunwoody area. could you please send me info on how to market myself and how to write an proposal. thank you
  • 46. Mr Henry said on 1/11/2010 12:45:52 PM
    I would like detailed information on starting a Mobile Spa business in Van Nuys, Ca, los Angeles
  • 47. Dionna said on 1/12/2010 7:09:22 PM
    HI I'M IN NEW JERSEY AND I'M INTERESTED IN STARTED A MOBILE MASSAGE BUSINESS. IF THERE IS ANY INFO THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME TO HELP ME GET STARTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.
  • 48. dhharram said on 1/18/2010 4:44:49 AM
    would like to start a mobile spa business in mumbai, india. may i have an shop for the same? or any other info that u provide?
  • 49. Tony said on 1/18/2010 8:04:31 PM
    HI, I am in NY, and I am interested in starting a mobile massage business, but i need more information. Please help me to open that.
  • 50. Paul Urso said on 1/27/2010 4:42:05 AM
    I'm in Westchester County NY, lower Westchester and think I am in a perfect area for a mobil or even a store front spa. I have the money to invest but the hardest thing for me is to find good workers with there license. Please send me any info you have to help me get started.. I myself do not want to give the massage but want to hire the best of the best. I want to be know as the best, and classiest place around (Mobil and maybe store)
  • 51. dee said on 2/1/2010 5:25:53 PM
    406 w mango st lantana fl 33462 palm beach county. i would like to start a mobile spa business, i need help can u tell me how to start.
  • 52. Chary said on 2/8/2010 2:41:10 PM
    Hello, I'm in Miami, FL and would like to start a mobile spa business since there is such a big market for it. Please send me information on license and insurance requirements and any other information on using LMT's as subcontractors to work for the spa. Thanks
  • 53. Dinah Jolly-keys said on 2/10/2010 10:26:52 AM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa business in Raleigh, NC. Something small with just me to start out with, and growing to the point that I am able to have a staff. Will you please send me any information that will help. Also I need to know where to buy mobile spa products. Please Help!!! Dinah Jolly-keys
  • 54. memory said on 3/1/2010 8:27:03 AM
    hie i'm a nail tech in durban i would like start my mobil business. what should i do to get clients. durban south africa
  • 55. Elcie said on 3/5/2010 8:16:11 AM
    hi, I am starting a mobile spa in Miami and can't seem to located the right equipment. I want to know where i can purchase cordless spa equipment to operate a mobile spa, for example steamer,lamp, etc.
  • 56. Rosario Urena said on 3/16/2010 12:25:34 PM
    Hello, i want to start my own spa mobil. I want to know more information all that I need it for this, I am living in New York. Thank you
  • 57. virginia Nguyen said on 3/21/2010 9:42:00 AM
    I would like to open a mobile spa in Houston TX. I want to know more about the mobile spa business. Thanks
  • 58. Rebecca said on 3/22/2010 11:23:04 AM
    I'm opening a mobile spa in London, Ontario, Canada...please send all the information you can
  • 59. Jewel Whinfield said on 3/22/2010 3:00:24 PM
    Hello, I'm interested in opening a mobile spa in my area, Brooklyn, NY. I would appreciate and further information that you can provide. Thank you very much!
  • 60. Jennie said on 3/27/2010 11:35:57 PM
    Hello, I started a mobile spa business (Clarkston, MI - USA) about a year ago and am having some trouble with advertising (finding clients). I would like to expand and make the business more profitable. Please send any help you have to offer.
  • 61. Christina said on 4/2/2010 8:44:32 AM
    Hello, I'm interested in starting a mobile spa business. I've already completed the Clinical Massage Therapy program and have received my certification. Please send me info and what other necessary steps I need to take in order to get the ball running. I'm interested in the following areas: Chicago, IL, Tampa, FL, and Atlanta, GA
  • 62. Donna said on 4/15/2010 10:59:51 AM
    Hello I am a Certified Personal Trainer, Sports Massage Therapist, NCBTMB Certified ABMP insured & Lic Esthetician. looking to start a mobile fitness/ spa service. I want to stay solo, not looking to grow just want to work when I want. I am in southern ca. beach area. How do I get started????
  • 63. Tammy said on 4/18/2010 9:52:03 PM
    Hello, I am interested in starting a kids spa business for entertainment purposes only. I need ideas on where to start and how to advertise my business. Once I start that business, then I want to cater to adults. I want to specialize in spa parties and eye lash extensions. Please help!
  • 64. LANGA SLINDILE said on 4/20/2010 10:24:07 AM
    I WANT TO START A SPA MOBILE BUSINESS BUT I AM CLUELESS ON HOW TO START IT SO CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME WITH ALL THE INFO YOU CAN GIVE. I WOULD APPRECIATE A PROMPT REPLY. THANKS
  • 65. Jennifer Becher said on 4/28/2010 8:53:45 AM
    I want to open a mobile spa business. Please send me more information. I live in Twin Lake, MI.
  • 66. Heather Brown said on 5/7/2010 8:17:45 PM
    Just like all the people above I am looking into starting my own Mobile Spa business. I'm thinking nails, facials, waxing, maybe air brush tanning, hair etc. I don't even know where to begin. I'm sure I need licenses, insurance etc. Can you please send me some more information? Thank you, Heather Brown
  • 67. Robin said on 5/11/2010 8:05:20 PM
    i am looking forward to open a mobile spa business in Brooklyn, NY, USA
  • 68. Paola Cohen said on 5/21/2010 1:01:48 AM
    Hello, I am in Miami, Fl. Please send me information on how to start a mobile spa business, including license, insurance etc. Thank you
  • 69. t. lovell said on 5/23/2010 4:45:03 PM
    i live in nyc i will like to start a mobil spa, where do i start;
  • 70. ritika gupta said on 5/24/2010 5:20:48 AM
    hello, I would be interested in starting a mobile spa with fish therapy involved in it . please send me information . I live in mumbai , india
  • 71. Hey i'm Annais said on 5/26/2010 12:46:43 AM
    Hello! I will like to start a Mobil spa just me for now in Huntington Beach ,CA. I have license. Please i need a list with minim equipment and products just for facial and waxing, no body massage. Thank You !
  • 72. Donna said on 5/27/2010 11:33:37 AM
    I am a certified personal trainer, sports massage therapist & ca lic esthetician. I want to know the steps in starting a SOLO spa business. I am not looking to work full time or take on employees I am in Huntington beach and want to be very exclusive. I train people from Seal Beach to Corona Del Mar. I also have my Calif certification for massage and I am certified NCBTMB and insured ABMP for aesthetics and massage. I need info on what legal steps I need to complete. Thanks!
  • 73. Jitender kaushik said on 5/30/2010 12:22:33 AM
    Brand name for luxury services for sale. The brand name " Mobisca.com " is best for spa and related business. Other businesses which can use this name are: jewelry, perfume, mobiles and related fields. Price is in range of mid to high $xx,xxx. Thanks
  • 74. Yolanda said on 6/8/2010 4:37:04 PM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa business in Dallas, TX. Please send me more information on how to get started and market.
  • 75. Jess said on 6/8/2010 5:00:22 PM
    I'm trying to set up my own mobile beauty buisness but i dont know where to start i would really like to start by the end of this year so any help would be amazing thanks
  • 76. Binetou said on 6/13/2010 8:12:53 AM
    I'm interested in the mobile spa business and fish therapy. Can you send me info please ? Dakar, SENEGAL
  • 77. Jubilant said on 6/30/2010 6:45:00 PM
    hi i opened a mobile spa february 2010 and so far i have managed to keep the clients i started out with so i guess i have the ability to keep clients, but now how do i market myself to get more clients. Middelburg Mpumalanga, South Africa
  • 78. Johanna said on 6/30/2010 10:43:40 PM
    I'm trying to set up a mobile beauty business. Certification as chemical specialist, not sure what other if any certifications I would need to start a mobile business. At my previous job I did make up consults. So doing makeovers would be also part of it. Please help me out. Thanks. Mansfield, Texas.
  • 79. dally said on 7/2/2010 9:24:58 AM
    I am an esthetician specialize in facials and body treatments, i want to start mobile spa only in skin care right now. Can please help me and tell me how to start and what i need to start. Thanks. St Augustine, Florida.
  • 80. brandon thomas said on 7/6/2010 11:55:09 PM
    i want to start a mobile nail spa and i just need some help knowing how to start it and what i may need. huntsville Al alabama
  • 81. Maribel Jurado said on 7/8/2010 1:10:19 AM
    Miami, Fl. i want to start a mobile business but i would like more information about how to market it, what is required to get started, and whats the average to charge also what equipment is needed, please send me all information it will greatly appreciated. Thank you
  • 82. Maria said on 7/8/2010 6:21:00 PM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa business. What are the steps that I need to start it up? what are the normal salaries to employees? where is the equipment being bought? What are some marketing ideas do suggest? Thank you!!
  • 83. karen said on 7/13/2010 8:16:50 AM
    Hi, i am interested in starting a mobile spa, can you advise what the start up costs would be, salaries for employees, equipment, marketing, etc. I have no idea where to start so i'm hoping you could help. THANKS, KAREN! Cape Town, South Africa
  • 84. Sayron said on 7/15/2010 1:01:53 AM
    Hello, I am currently planning to start a mobile buisness from salon to salon. Can you give me some pointers as to start up and a buisness plan? Thanks Miami Fl
  • 85. Yuni said on 7/26/2010 4:41:29 AM
    I am a Spa Consultant & Spa trainer from Indonesia. I set up/work now in Philippines. I set up many Spa in the resort from the beginning. I am the one set up the Spa at Badian Island Resort & Spa since the beginning & now I set up at Sheridan Beach resort & Spa from the beginning also. I train the therapist from 0 until the become professional Spa therapist, I create the treatment stepping/stroke, I make the products from Natural Ingredients. Looking for partner who want to set up a Spa business. Because I more interesting now set up my own Spa business.
  • 86. Jan said on 7/26/2010 8:39:39 PM
    I am interested in the mobile spa business. What is the start up cost? I am in Alabama and also Atlanta, GA. Any advice appreciated. We already own a small trucking business, but I'm looking to get into something else also. Jan
  • 87. Pamela said on 7/28/2010 7:08:45 PM
    I'm a massage therapist in California and State Lisc Esthetician please send me any info to Prepare and Plan for a mobile Spa Business Thank you so much.
  • 88. tim danh said on 7/29/2010 4:22:03 PM
    hi i'm a nail technician i have been working for nails company for 5 year in new zealand i do have a good job i also have all product and equipment of that company i work for but i do not have certificate of nail technician and now i would like to do a mobile spa but i do not know how to run a mobile business could you please send me any info to Prepare and Plan for a mobile Spa Business. Thank you so much.
  • 89. cheryl williams said on 8/5/2010 9:23:32 AM
    Hi, My name is Cheryl, I would like to start a mobile spa. What are the requirements to open the spa? Do i need a beautician license? I am going to be hiring employee's do i need to have a license? Can you please send me all the info to start a mobile spa including a business plan. For those that have the experience in operation a mobile spa feel free to email as well :caelan2004@hotmail.com with your suggestion. Thank You, Cheryl
  • 90. anita said on 8/14/2010 2:55:11 PM
    Middelburg Mapumalanga South Africa. I have just started my mobile spa and would like to get more tips for this business.
  • 91. lily said on 8/15/2010 10:25:33 PM
    hi i'm a nail technician and now i would like to do a mobile nail service in Australia but i do not know how to run a mobile business could you please send me all information to start mobile nail service. thank you so much
  • 92. vikas said on 8/16/2010 11:41:43 PM
    i am interested in mobile spa in Delhi India. pls more information provide me. i would like more information about market & rates. thanks vikas
  • 93. saupe kjeld said on 8/17/2010 7:17:52 AM
    I am to open a mobile spa in Switzerland and would love to get some information. thank you for supporting
  • 94. George said on 8/20/2010 6:27:14 AM
    I AM PLANING TO TO START A MOBILE SPA IN HEILBRON SO I'M IN NEED OF INFORMATION BECAUSE I'M CURRENTLY STUDYING RETAIL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AS A 3RD YEAR STUDENT I REAL HAVE PASSION IN BUSINESS BUT I DONT HAVE STARTING CAPITAL PLEASE I NEED MORE INFORMATION
  • 95. CR said on 8/24/2010 12:43:35 PM
    my husband and I want to start in this business but we dont know what marketing plan use....please if you can send me more information how to get clients that will be great. thank you!!
  • 96. Sustem ginting said on 8/24/2010 1:06:04 PM
    i just started this business in bali, indonesia. but i really need some help to get client / marketing strategy. thank you.
  • 97. pat s said on 9/1/2010 11:51:04 AM
    I's like to do a mobile spa including hair and makeup Please advise me on what the legal requirements are and what licensing is needed other than cosmetology. I'm am more interested in the business legal side. I have been in the business many years Please send any information you have. thank you
  • 98. Nakia said on 9/1/2010 10:16:18 PM
    Hello, My name is Nakia and I am a recent esthetician grad. I want to start a mobile facial/waxing spa. Please send me info on how to start. Thank you very much!
  • 99. marjorie said on 9/14/2010 12:53:25 AM
    I would like some information on how to start a mobile spa business in miami fl
  • 100. cindy said on 9/14/2010 2:53:44 PM
    hi i would like to start a mobile spa business in gauteng, South Africa and need more information. please
  • 101. Kate said on 9/16/2010 9:27:44 AM
    UK, Cornwall. I would like to start Mobile Beautician Business in Cornwall area. Can i have some info about Marketing and set-up. Thank You. KATE
  • 102. Kelly said on 9/17/2010 9:33:44 AM
    I am interested in doing facials in peoples homes. Any help you can send me in starting up would be greatly appreciated. I am a licensed aesthetician in FL and have a handful of clients already interested in my services.
  • 103. Jewel said on 10/1/2010 10:19:35 PM
    I am interested in starting an Upscale Mobile Spa Business. What tips, advice or direction can you give me? Where do I start and who do I contact? Any help is appreciated. North Carolina
  • 104. DK said on 10/8/2010 6:15:08 AM
    I plan to start up a spa and saloon in Mumbai. Would like suggestions on area, amount of finance required, from where to get the employees, etc. Would appreciate as much info as possible. Regards,
  • 105. Elisha said on 10/27/2010 10:46:48 AM
    Norfolk. I am interested in starting a mobile business in norfolk can you help me thanks
  • 106. Zinnia said on 11/5/2010 11:48:14 AM
    Hello I am very excited about owning my own moible salon and spa in FL, please send me more information. Thank you
  • 107. Dalilah said on 11/18/2010 1:54:13 PM
    Hi! A friend and I are interested in more info. I'm in the Bronx and she's in NJ. Thanks
  • 108. Kelly Brown said on 11/30/2010 9:45:15 AM
    I am interested in starting a mobile esthetic services in St Augustine FL. Could you please send me some information. I plan to do this solo for right now. Thank you.
  • 109. Ralph said on 12/5/2010 1:46:16 PM
    I am starting a spa business, however, i need to know a few more things and i would be thankful for any information you provide. Yours Truly, from Norway
  • 110. Brittany said on 12/7/2010 2:39:20 AM
    Hello I am starting an Esthetician business. It will be just me. But I am trying to find out licensing, and name trademarks, please let me know anything in regards to this. Thank you
  • 111. Daphnee said on 12/15/2010 7:08:49 AM
    I am a complementary therapist as well as a beauty therapist. I would like to start a mobile business and would appreciate any information that will get me started. Many Thanks. Horley, Surrey
  • 112. Stacy said on 12/15/2010 12:15:52 PM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa for young girls ages 4-16. I want to know about licensing and start up. I need to know the do's and don't about starting the business. Thank you
  • 113. Donna said on 12/21/2010 8:17:15 AM
    Hello! I live in Huntington Beach Ca. I am a Personal Trainer/Massage Therapist & lic esthetician. I am planning to go mobile offering all 3 services. I already got my bus fictitious name filed and next will get my business lic. I am doing this solo, no employees. I want to offer the basics to start, so I thought I already have my personal training clients and do not want to take on any more so I can focus on the skin care and massage. I plan on getting table top equipment. Is there a check list I could use to make sure I have everything I need? and I want to be legal!!! I will prob use a web site through NCBTMB since I am certified through them and state certified as well. Thanks for your assistance! Donna
  • 114. sacha said on 12/29/2010 1:58:06 AM
    South africa Johannesburg. i run a successful mobile spa business for individuals and corporates just always looking for new and innovative ideas to keep our clients happy, new marketing ideas or extra touches for services
  • 115. Raylene Parizot said on 1/6/2011 10:56:18 AM
    Hi,I would like to start my own mobile nail bar/massages, facial, pedicure, manicure etc business. I have some kind of idea of what i need as i did a beauty course, but not how to set it up, where to get my equipment from (at a reasonable price). Also more info on the waxing part as the wax needs to heat up way before you see the client. How to charge clients as per the driving to them - (do i need to charge much more to cover petrol). I live in the Durban area of South Africa. please give me names of places and contact numbers to enable me to contact them. And also if they offer mobile business courses. Thanks Raylene - Sydenham - Durban -South Africa
  • 116. Zach said on 1/14/2011 2:47:56 AM
    We are also looking for people who would love to join our team as a provider. Use our company our equipment our products and our name to start your own business. We are all over the U.S. Email me at info@purderma.com or call 312-735-3590 Chicago Based office. Thanks
  • 117. jasmine robinson said on 1/16/2011 12:44:09 AM
    Hi My name Is Jasmine and I am from California. I am a newly licensed Esthetician. I have been trying extremely hard to land an esthetician career here in stockton but its super difficult. Most salons want you to have existing clientele. Well how are you suppose to start off? is my question.......So I am looking into renting my own room, which is becoming quit difficult as well. I would love to do the mobile Esthetic thing since that is not of the essence anywhere around here. I love to be different and I love what i do !! I hope to get some feedback on how to start a mobile esthetic career to point me in the right direction. Thank you
  • 118. Kristen Cosenza said on 1/26/2011 1:01:11 PM
    Hi, I'm looking to start my own "Portable" facial business. I'm licensed, and need all the suggestions I can get. Thanks
  • 119. Linda said on 2/7/2011 12:50:51 PM
    I am a newly licensed nail tech and would like to start a mobile nail boutique. I need to know the legalities and how to set up and get started.
  • 120. candy legg said on 2/15/2011 12:11:45 PM
    I am a 13 yr manicurist. I would like to start a mobil service here in dayton ohio! However such permissions are not given from state board! Would you know how I would approach our ohio state board to amend such rules? Thank you so much for your time
  • 121. Glam said on 2/19/2011 11:39:36 AM
    NATIONWIDE. Glam Spatique offers a license to operate your own mobile spa in a specific territory. We assist you with marketing, advertising, equipment, client building etc. The cost of the license is based on your territory. Large metro areas such as Chicago, Miami, LA etc. require higher license fees than smaller, rural areas. We also provide web site, constant support, training, phone set-up, payment processing and more. For details email GlamSpatique@live.com
  • 122. Lisle said on 2/22/2011 4:49:46 AM
    I'm from South Africa and starting my own business doing mainly manicures and pedicures. Would I need to be registered or have a license?
  • 123. Sherry said on 3/4/2011 8:20:55 AM
    Hi I'm interested in starting a mobile facial, nails and waxing service. Would love to get some info on how to start it up. Thank you..
  • 124. cassandra roberts said on 3/6/2011 9:05:44 PM
    would like to start a mobile spa business concentrating on parties for adults and kids. need info on start up equipment focusing on going to people homes hotels ect....should i develop my own products or use a brand line? specializing in mini facials, pedis and manis as in manicure. dont want to use any instruments so people dont have to be license. thank you
  • 125. jaiji said on 3/7/2011 1:52:22 PM
    Hey I am in Bangalore, wanted to start my own day spa could some give me a business plan. jgjohn@gmail.com
  • 126. Amman said on 3/8/2011 8:08:16 PM
    I didn't see anything covering start up of a mobile fitness spa in Dakar, Senegal. I live in Atl, Georgia now. Any suggestions from anyone on where to start my research? Thanks.
  • 127. James expert adviser said on 3/9/2011 11:17:49 PM
    @Amman, if you are planning to start one in Dakar, Senegal then you got to survey the market first. A business can't exist long if there is no demand for it. If you think there is demand for such a service then major the demand, is it huge, moderate or low. If it is low and you have other things to do then keep this plan aside. If it is moderate or high then judge your budget and go from there with a biz plan.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 128. Elcie said on 3/11/2011 3:52:27 PM
    I am starting a mobile spa in South Florida. Can you tell me the best place to purchase mobile spa equipments?
  • 129. Christy said on 3/13/2011 2:46:04 PM
    I am a licensed esthetician in the state of FL and am interested in the mobile spa/facialist concept. Where would I need to start in order to get off the ground? I already have a few clients that are interested.
  • 130. Aisha said on 3/17/2011 4:06:58 PM
    Hello, I am Aisha Temple from Asheville, NC would love more information on starting a mobile Esthetic business. Thank you
  • 131. Julia said on 3/19/2011 11:07:43 PM
    I would love to hear what you have to start. A list of things that is needed. I have been planning on opening one up. However I am not interested in working under someone. I would like to start this on my own. Just need a little advise. I have a plan I just need to know more about the mobile part of it. Thank you
  • 132. precious 4 kids mobile spa parties said on 3/20/2011 6:20:34 PM
    Hi we have started a mobile spa party business in miami florida but need info on how to market the business can u please assist in any way
  • 133. Quinn said on 3/30/2011 9:37:13 PM
    I am a licensed esthetician in Little Rock, AR USA. I am interested in starting a mobile esthetic business with facials, waxing, & possibly lash extensions. Please send me some information on where to begin. Thank you, Quinn
  • 134. nicola mendes said on 4/15/2011 4:15:23 AM
    i am interested in starting a medical facility with massage as a service provided. could you please provide me the details of the list of supplies required? thanks
  • 135. Pam Miller said on 5/31/2011 4:59:34 PM
    I too would like more information on how to start a mobile esthetics business in Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
  • 136. Livonda said on 6/7/2011 3:53:51 PM
    Hi Im in Miami Florida I am processing my mani and pedi services on wheels now!! Would like a lil more information in the structure, licenses that are required and the type of insurance that operating a mobile business covers. the business email address is mapsonwheels@Gmail.com Thanks!!! I see there are several Businesses that are in Miami could we get connected. I will be needing techs to asst with the contracts I will be entering into. Thanks again!!!
  • 137. Mickle said on 6/9/2011 1:39:47 PM
    Hi could you kindly to explain plz what the difference between opening the spa inside the conventional hotel and spa in the city? Thank you very much for your attention!
  • 138. Jo Jack said on 6/27/2011 10:11:51 AM
    Hi, I am interested in starting a mobile spa business (Facials, waxing, mani/pedi, massages) and I need information on how to begin especially with regards to the required equipment and how to create the spa ambiance. HELP, please! Thanks :)
  • 139. Tamarra Horsey said on 6/27/2011 7:57:35 PM
    Atlanta, Ga. Hello, I am interested in starting a kids mobile spa business. I am in need of help on what which direction to go when getting started. Will you please help me and provide feedback on what route to take. Thank you
  • 140. Shawna said on 6/29/2011 2:26:21 PM
    Queens, NY. I am interested in starting a kids mobile spa party business. I am in need of help getting started. Will you please help me and provide feedback in what should be my first direction. I have plenty of clientle to market too. Thank you
  • 141. lopaz said on 7/30/2011 11:49:27 AM
    hello, i'm interested in starting a mobile spa, plz advise me on the costs involved including how the vehicle should and please tel me roughly how much I have to spend in order to start. Thank you in advance.. South Africa
  • 142. pant m said on 8/1/2011 1:15:00 PM
    i am interested in mobile spa business ..can u send me some more information about it.and wt would be the cost involved in it?
  • 143. Diane beginner adviser said on 8/5/2011 8:30:46 AM
    @Jo Jack There are several recommendations I can make for you that may help in the 'mobile spa' experience. Let me know if you still need help in this area for recommendations/options. Happy to share.
  • 144. monami said on 8/5/2011 11:20:41 PM
    hello, i am an esthetician and want to start my home based spa business by turning my guest room on the first floor and i need some help on that.thanks.
  • 145. Brenda Mbali Masango said on 8/11/2011 1:28:47 AM
    I am currently working as a spa therapist with intensive experience both locally and internationally. I would love to start my own mobile beauty studio specializing in massage. I already have an idea of who i am carpeting and who to approach. Though i need more help on the business proposal and on how to market the studio. Please assist. Your assistance will highly appreciated. Kind regards Brenda
  • 146. Angela said on 8/13/2011 4:19:31 PM
    Please send me info on mobile spa business and I'm located in Raleigh, NC. I really appreciate your help. Angela
  • 147. stephanie said on 8/15/2011 2:06:53 PM
    Jacksonville, FL. I am interested, but I am under the impression Estheticians can't practice outside of certain guidelines so how am I to ensure where I go, mobily, is w/in those guidelines or what to cut out of my service so that it is ok. The article is very vauge. More info please. Thanks.
  • 148. Lusanda said on 8/16/2011 9:51:13 AM
    hey south african here. Are mobile spas good? do they make a reasonably good income???????????
  • 149. lesiba mmola said on 8/23/2011 5:58:42 PM
    Any ppl for south africa gauteng area wana work together and grow each other in the world of business??? Call 0833751679
  • 150. Stephanie said on 8/29/2011 5:10:28 PM
    St. Louis, MO. I already have a spa party business, I'm just curious if there would be any licensing requirements if I were to offer something like tween parties where I charged a per person fee and they just got to use the products.
  • 151. Diana said on 9/8/2011 1:08:45 PM
    Los Angeles, Ca - Would like to know the proper license beside schooling which maybe needed to be a mobile Esthetician, please send any info needed to actually start the mobile business venture. Thank you.
  • 152. Maureen said on 9/10/2011 1:29:46 AM
    I have enough space to start a spa business and a gym from my home, can you advice me on how to get started.
  • 153. Brittney said on 9/25/2011 7:01:13 PM
    I want to start a mobile esti business in the Riverside, Ca area... please send information needed to start this business
  • 154. mary said on 10/4/2011 9:26:04 AM
    I want to start mobile spa in st augustine florida. pls send information that can help me to start. i m esthetician. thx.
  • 155. winter said on 10/4/2011 6:44:31 PM
    I am an esthetician in the phillipines for 8years. i have a certificate as esthetician but i dont have a licensed yet. now i'm in wisconsin USA and wanted to start a spa business. Please advise me on what are the first thing that i should do to start a business. thank you very much!
  • 156. cez said on 10/6/2011 4:17:31 AM
    Hi, i'm planning to have a spa business here in the philippines, but i have no idea where i can start from? capital and other expenses. And do i need to look for business consultant? Hope u can give me some details regarding to have a new spa business or does anyone interested to be my business partner? thanks and regards
  • 157. shelina Tarver said on 10/12/2011 10:48:48 AM
    Hi, me and my fiance are looking into starting a small mobile spa business in Inpls,In. Can u please send me info on how to start,about how much money needed, what kind of supplies, and where to get it from? Also any other general information that would helpful to us in getting stated asap... thanks
  • 158. Pam said on 10/17/2011 3:16:21 PM
    I would like to start a mobile spa business. 713-306-0681
  • 159. Tanya said on 10/18/2011 8:38:13 AM
    I'm a licensed Esthetician in PA and MD and would like to start a mobile spa. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • 160. Debbie said on 10/19/2011 4:33:18 AM
    I am interested in starting a mobile spa for young girls ages 4-16. I want to know about special licensing and start up.I would also like information on marketing, prices, hiring, training, salaries, bookkeeping and rates, especially when employing an assistant. Also, need help on organizing, when going to a client. I need to know the do's and don't about starting the business. Thank you!
  • 161. Donna Jones said on 10/31/2011 2:21:27 PM
    Please provide me with the necessary information to start a mobile nail/spa business in Florida. Thank you, Donna
  • 162. Elisa said on 11/8/2011 1:26:42 PM
    I'm having a hard time with pricing mobile spa party packages and what to pay my employee's so it is profitable for my business as well as my employees.
  • 163. Monique Bain said on 11/9/2011 10:19:49 AM
    I'm having a hard time building up my clientele. I have been doing nails for more than 14 years now, but not full time. I'm in the Bahamas
  • 164. Maya Puentes said on 11/9/2011 2:23:02 PM
    Hi I am a chicago based hairstylist and makeup artist. I am trying to open an on location beauty and spa service company and would like marketing ideas but also the rules and regulations that come along with it. Please e-mail me with anything helpful. Thanks- Maya
  • 165. Sarah said on 11/11/2011 12:49:03 AM
    Hi I am thinking about starting my own mobile spa business in Missouri. I need some ideas in how to get the business started and how to promote and manage it. Thanks!!
  • 166. Kris said on 11/13/2011 10:41:27 PM
    Would love some information on getting started on mobile spa! Thanks. San Antonio, TX
  • 167. Real Don said on 11/14/2011 7:43:34 PM
    I live in london but i want to do fish pedicure business in africa. what kind of paper i need to bring those fish in africa. thanks.
  • 168. Leona Owen said on 11/14/2011 9:52:39 PM
    Waco, Texas I would love some info on starting a mobile spa thanks
  • 169. Prashant said on 11/22/2011 6:56:04 AM
    Hi i would like to start a Fish spa in mumbai, Maharastra, INDIA.I am new to this Business and don't have any knowledge in spas and i have very low budget so please guide me on this.
  • 170. Danielle said on 11/25/2011 7:50:25 AM
    I am a New York State Esthetician planning on starting a mobile spa in New York. I would appreciate information on how to acquire mobile spa equipment that would be easy to set up and carry. Also advice on how to go about starting my business. Thank You
  • 171. Brenda Johnson said on 11/28/2011 7:08:14 PM
    I am a Licensed Massage Therapist in the State of Ga. I would like to start up a mobile massage, along with chair massage, business and would like more info on how to get started. Thank you.
  • 172. Lacey torres said on 11/29/2011 10:07:45 PM
    I'd love to start a mobile tanning and spa, i'm looking for any helpful info
  • 173. shaqueesha davis said on 11/30/2011 1:49:57 AM
    I would like to open a kids birthday party zone with spa-like treatments, here in arkansas. please tell me what type of license or permits i need. or where to start.
  • 174. Dana Nichols said on 11/30/2011 4:07:55 PM
    Wanting to start a service not only to adults but also offer parties for girls. I am on the borders of MO and AR. Thanks for any info.
  • 175. Nancy Russ said on 12/12/2011 7:08:50 AM
    Any ideas for starting a mobile spa biz in Florida? It appears that you can only make on site calls if the client cannot come to a salon or spa.
  • 176. ANGEL CABALLERO said on 12/12/2011 11:34:50 AM
    please ask YUNI---Commentator Number 98 to get hold of me at 1-951-687-3363 ----- if he needs a partner to set up in the Philippines. He can email me also at ---- kqtig@yahoo.com. thanks angel
  • 177. Nicky said on 12/20/2011 8:15:07 AM
    @Prashant. I would suggest you to opt for Foot Reflexology as compare to Fish therapy. The practice of fish Therapy is Banned in 14 States in America and Canada Etc... as it might infect HIV/Hepatitis... and this Foot reflexology was first introduce in India in 2007...Hoping to hear from you. Thank you. zycron.services@gmail.com/nickyjam@in.com
  • 178. Mariam Al Banan said on 12/24/2011 7:20:08 AM
    I have my salon and spa here in Riyadh KSA. Now i'm interested about the mobile spa. If you could able to send me all the information, and i need to know some ideas in how to get the business started and how to promote and manage it. Thanks and God Bless...
  • 179. Shantai said on 12/28/2011 4:18:57 PM
    Hi, I would like to start a mobile spa business in Virginia. I really need help on how to organize it, exactly what type of equipment that I may need etc etc... PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks =)
  • 180. Rene said on 1/9/2012 10:28:50 AM
    Need info on starting up mobile spa in Illinois. Thanks!
  • 181. sheena said on 1/14/2012 2:16:32 AM
    I'm new to the industry and would love to open a mobile spa in Northern California. Please send me any information on where to start. Thank you so much!!!
  • 182. angel said on 1/16/2012 1:01:02 PM
    Hi...I live in Michigan & would like to start a mobile salon...I need to know the rules & regulation of this type of business ....I would also like to know the success of one especially in today's economy ...thank you for your time
  • 183. Elaine Turner said on 1/21/2012 2:02:51 PM
    Hi,i will be starting Enchanted Spa, which is a Mobilespa. Offering top of the line service and products. You may contact me @ 678-779-2587 or email enchantedspa17@gmail.com. Have a Wonderful Day!!!!!
  • 184. samantha campbell said on 1/29/2012 3:29:52 AM
    Hey there! I live in So Cal, licensed as an esthetician who wants to pair up with good friend who is a hair stylist.. "Let Us Pamper You"...looking for advice on how to start a mobile este/stylist business...have the $$, but no resources(clue)on where to begin:) any help is very much appreciated. I realize you must be busy, but again, the more the help the better:) Thanks again, Samantha Campbell
  • 185. Nicole said on 2/8/2012 8:31:39 PM
    A friend and I are looking to start a mobile spa/salon business in the Newark, De area and we are wondering if we need a business license and how do we get set up to accept credit cards? Any and all information is greatly appreciated!
  • 186. Patricia said on 2/13/2012 4:07:32 PM
    Hello, I am a professional makeup artist 13 years there, besides also Minister makeup courses and makeup design eyebrows, and I have some other notions of aesthetics. How I ended up moving to Amman, Jordan and I have many great contacts with the elite of the city, I think the mobile spa would be a great way. How do I make for more details?
  • 187. Lisa said on 2/14/2012 6:24:27 PM
    Hi. I'm starting a mobile spa business in Southern California and would love more info. Thank you so much!
  • 188. Steven Robbins said on 2/22/2012 9:48:40 AM
    I am very interested in knowing all I can about opening a mobile spa business. I would greatly appreciate all the info you can give me. Respectfully, Steven Robbins
  • 189. carmen zarazua said on 2/22/2012 5:35:37 PM
    Hello, i'm an esthetician an massage therapist and want to start my own mobile business. Can you please give me some info too on what i need to start?
  • 190. Crystal said on 2/25/2012 1:05:06 PM
    Hi I really would like some more info! In Michigan .
  • 191. Annika Becker said on 2/29/2012 6:30:55 PM
    I am looking to start up a mobile reflexology business in Abbotsford, BC Canada. Could you e-mail me some info on what i'll need to start it up? and if there are any legal things i need to be aware of. thanks.
  • 192. Tish said on 3/6/2012 12:13:11 PM
    Can you please provide me with more information regarding starting a mobile spa? I am a DC Licensed esthetician. I am interested in offering mobile spa services in the DC Metropolitan area.
  • 193. Paresh said on 3/12/2012 2:08:43 AM
    I am situated in mumbai (India), i did my Ayurveda and Massage course from Kerala. i want to start practice in mumbai. I found mobile massage plan is really interesting. let me know if you know any good place where i can practice. regards paresh
  • 194. marjorie said on 3/18/2012 10:29:08 AM
    I am located in miami, Fl. I am lmt for the past 2yrs and looking to start a mobile massage business. i would like some info on what i need for start up.
  • 195. Rita said on 4/16/2012 2:27:28 AM
    I am located in Tacoma WA and I am interested in starting a mobile spa please send info thanx !!
  • 196. nwabisa dondashe said on 4/18/2012 7:39:14 AM
    I am located in South Africa, Eastern Cape province, I'm interested in starting my own mobile spa business please help me with all the necessary info required thank you.
  • 197. Kathy Hill said on 4/30/2012 10:33:45 PM
    Hi I am interested in obtaining more information on how to start a mobile spa business in london ontario
  • 198. Akilah M. said on 5/2/2012 7:46:14 PM
    I am interested in Mobile spa services in the CT/ Westchester NY area. Please send me any information you may have to help me on my way to beginning this business is this area.
  • 199. Diane beginner adviser said on 5/4/2012 6:08:30 AM
    @Akilah, for CT and NY areas, I am happy to help with sharing recommendations and options for you to incorporate. I look forward to helping you.
  • 200. Diane beginner adviser said on 5/4/2012 6:24:28 AM

@Rita, Tell me more about who you want to market to in Tacoma?  Perhaps we can share some ideas that have worked very well, and they can help you in getting started.

@Disha, Sorry Disha I can only provide information relating to the UK, Europe and North America as this is the market I am based in. I wouldn't be able to help in you in regards to India or Asia.

@Kathy Hill, In London, Ontario, we have several recommendations that you may find as a competitive edge in offerings to your clientele. You can email me and we can arrange a time to discuss.