How to Start Mobile Catering

Mobile catering business is a good business idea especially if you are an entrepreneur with a love for food and cooking. If you can come up with some delicious food then people will never hesitate to drop at your door to taste it.

The best thing about selling food from a mobile catering truck is that you are not limited to selling in only one area. Mobile kitchens will allow you to reach more customers because you can serve customers from different locations using your mobile catering truck or mobile catering trailer.

mobile catering business

Mobile catering businesses are also well accepted in the United States most especially during festivities and fanfares where people usually look for a mobile catering unit. If you are interested to engage in a mobile kitchen business, here are some tips to help you become successful in a mobile catering business:

Choose the best foods that you can serve from your mobile kitchen

Choosing the right food is essential if you want to serve food from a catering mobile vehicle. This is because there are some foods that sell best in a mobile catering truck and there are those that people will not buy from a mobile catering unit. Among the most popular foods that are served from mobile catering trailers are breakfast items which include egg sandwiches, bagels, bacon sandwiches, donuts and coffees. Many mobile catering units also service hotdogs, sausages and frozen treats like ice cream.

Make it easier for people to buy and eat the food that they have bought from your mobile catering business

While people cannot expect to be really comfortable when eating foods that they have bought from a mobile catering truck, you will find it a good idea if you provide your clients with a good and clean place to stay while waiting for their orders to be cooked and served. Many mobile catering trucks also provide an option for people to eat their food from inside the mobile catering van by providing an area complete with tables and chairs where people can eat their food. Providing this area is a good idea especially if you are serving breakfast like coffee, eggs and sandwiches.

If you want to start a mobile catering business, it is best if you choose the most appropriate foods that you can serve from your mobile kitchen to ensure that you serve the kind of food that people will look for in a mobile catering van. It is also a good idea to provide an area where people can wait for and eat the food that they have bought from your mobile catering business. This area is most useful especially if you are serving breakfast items from your mobile catering truck.

• Catering Business Advertisement Tips
    How to advertise a catering business is just very simple. There are so many ways available for you in order to market your business the best way ever.
  • Information on Coffee Catering Business
    Coffee catering business is one of the best ventures you can try. With the mentioned information, you will easily establish your coffee catering business without too much hassle.

• 1. melissa sherrell said on 10/29/2008
    HI, I wanted to know how to start a mobile store. My husband and I were thinking about purchasing a camper, gut it out and put lots of shelves for all the food that a little convenience store would have,(milk, bread, eggs, cereals, toilet paper, diapers and so on...) We would like to know what licensing or permits we need and how to get started. Could you please help us?
  • 2. salomi said on 1/29/2009 4:46:53 PM
    hi, I was thinking of this mobile food truck with food like rice biryani (rice with chicken or beef in it. Indian recipe), and kabobs and sandwich. the reason i think of this food is there is no one else providing it. there are lot of Indian pakistani's working in different companies. and this food is as satisfying as Chinese food which consists of rice, chicken or noodles and they are success as well. ofcourse there will be beverages, chips. no preparation except packaging is required on the truck.

initially as a trail i was thinking of renting a van and trying out. other thing i want to ask is there a fee for the route or do i need to take any permission or membership. or can i choose my own route. please respond. thank you
  • 3. ray said on 2/10/2009 9:41:14 PM
    i want to start a catering truck business, do you have to buy from the commissary and still pay everyday for storage or can you keep it clean and buy your own products?
  • 4. diana king said on 2/24/2009 5:34:27 PM
    Hi, my husband and I are thinking about going into the mobile food business, my question is where can we buy the unit, please help, thanks
  • 5. cath macpherson said on 2/25/2009 11:17:17 AM
    hi can you help, my friend and myself are going to start a mobile food business l have nvq level2 in food so that's a start could you tell us were to go to find out about getting a pitch in our area
  • 6. K.V RAAMANA said on 3/20/2009 7:45:54 AM
    I am a NRI living in KUWAIT, i want to start a catering truck business, give me full details start it in India as well as in Middle east. please contact through my phone: 965 99235157,67746294, +91 9247790401 thanks
  • 7. india said on 4/3/2009 10:18:08 PM
    I have a food truck and will like to start a catering truck. what should be my first step in getting the truck on the road? I was told that a food truck needs to be sponsor by a restaurant is this true?
  • 8. Gurmeet Singh said on 4/19/2009 4:08:50 AM
    I want to start a tiffin centre in India from home. Please advice on investment, process and how to start.
  • 9. James expert adviser said on 4/19/2009 3:07:50 PM
    @Gurmeet, It is a good idea as you will not loose any money and you also not have to invest a lot. Normally this kinda businesses are started with near and dears so why don't you ask your friends/relatives/neighbors if any one is interested to have your service, let them come home for free food and later decide if they are ready to accept your service. You can then see the response and decide further. If you see a respectable response then get them the menu to mutually agree on and start the service, later you can think about serving them at their door.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 10. wylie jackson said on 5/16/2009 4:20:17 AM
    hello, I was thinking of starting my own mobile snacks round i.e sandwiches, cakes, hot, cold food etc but didn't know what insurances you would need, also would you be able to prepare food from home?
  • 11. daniel lombardi said on 5/26/2009 5:09:23 PM
    i want to start a mobile catering business or a small restaurant. please help with details and an idea of start up costs and requirements.
  • 12. joanne jones said on 7/9/2009 2:54:55 PM
    hi, i am like every one else, i'm thinking of starting my own mobile catering business. we want to travel doing this from place to place where ever the best places would be but don't know where you are allowed to stop and how much the licenses are and what licenses we would need. do we need one for different places? thanks, any advice would be great
  • 13. prashant jain said on 7/16/2009 9:57:16 PM
    hi, i want to start my own mobile catering business in india. can you tell me which company manufactures catering truck in india?
  • 14. Larry said on 7/17/2009 10:26:32 AM
    I am considering starting a mobile hot dog and hamburger business using a motor home. Do this sound like a good idea? Is it harder to find places to set up? Do you see me having to invest a lot of money in this venture?
  • 15. e wilder said on 7/17/2009 7:04:04 PM
    would like to start my own mobile catering business. need to travel doing this from place to place where ever the best places would be but don't know where you are allowed to stop and how much the licenses are and what licenses we would need. do we need one for different places? please help
  • 16. James expert adviser said on 7/18/2009 12:20:02 AM
    @e wilder, you need permission for the places to stop by and do the business. All the places are not open to do business so make sure before you head on to stop-by and sell something. You also need a business license, i think you will not have to make several licenses for various places.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 17. Lora said on 7/22/2009 10:03:13 AM
    HI, went through your article and found it good but still hanging with lot of doubts. want to start a mobile food service and not a kitchen. so can you tell me where do i buy this kind of mobile unit and also what licenses and legalities i need to comply. thank you
  • 18. ravi gupta said on 7/25/2009 2:29:14 AM
    hi, i am ravi gupta and i reside in Delhi, India. i want to start initially the food business on mobile van, in commercial area. as a trend here i want to serve razma-chawal, karhi-chawal, paneer-chawal at economical prices. what is your opinion. please suggest me how to start-up initially with minimum investment and also the norms and conditions to follow.
  • 19. Rose said on 7/27/2009 7:51:22 PM
    Hi, I am considering starting a mobile catering truck business. Could you please help by referring me to a list of how to get started? Thanks
  • 20. Dina said on 7/29/2009 6:18:13 PM
    Hi, I know how to make good cakes I'm from Europe i have several recipes which i use in my own cooking for my family and friends most people tell me that it is great and I should offer to some restaurants but I don't know How to.
  • 21. James expert adviser said on 7/29/2009 6:38:36 PM
    @Dina, if so many people say so then you must be making some good cakes. Hey, you can try selling them. If you don't try then you will never know if they are saleble or not. You can offer some samples to your local restaurants/stores, later follow them for feedback. You can also have your own catalog to show your customers. Offer some free cakes in public functions for more advertisement.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 22. Abdul said on 7/31/2009 12:28:26 PM
    Hi, I want to open a mobile food van with Mainly Indian variety of Tandoor items in mumbai, india. could you help me about the norms and regulations (license & paper works) that i should follow and also how do i start. Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.
  • 23. Geetal said on 8/3/2009 7:49:36 AM
    Hi, needed detailed information on mobile food and beverage catering, details like the wagon manufacturers, licenses, etc... Your support is highly appreciated.
  • 24. GENO said on 8/5/2009 11:09:34 AM
    Hi, I am Gene looking forward to opening a breakfast mobile business. I need help with start up money. How do I get $ help.
  • 25. jalesh oberoi said on 8/21/2009 1:36:32 AM
    sir, i want to start a catering business, i want to know about the rules and license in mumbai(india)
  • 26. olu said on 8/22/2009 4:44:32 AM
    hi, i just bought a catering mobile van, i was thinking of selling african dish. i have found a place around the industrial estate. but i don't know if i can just start selling or if i need to get any permit please can you advice me on what license will be needing.
  • 27. king said on 8/31/2009 2:29:51 AM
    Hi, i would like to start my own taco catering business by using a mobile taco-cart and serving at private functions/gatherings. What steps or guidelines do i need to follow in-order to obtain permits. Is it at all possible to do?
  • 28. akshay said on 9/29/2009 1:55:53 AM
    i want to start a mobile food business serving burger and pizza what are the licenses that i'll be needing and whom do i contact for such permits?
  • 29. Mili said on 10/2/2009 6:51:51 PM
    I don't think you will need a license to do this in India...the thela wallas don't have any permits.
  • 30. Mike said on 10/17/2009 12:06:54 AM
    I live in Atlanta GA and wanted to start a mobile catering business but not sure what or where to get the permit needed?
  • 31. Aram said on 10/24/2009 4:24:08 AM
    Hello James my name is Aram, I live in Idaho. I am very interested in opening and starting a new mobile catering business? what do I do at first step/ please help. Thank You.... aramjian@yahoo.com What do I need to cook and serve in mobile truck food like LULLA KABAB, SHISH KABABS, LAMB KABAB, SHAWRMA, POTATO KABAB, HOT DOGS, SOME ARMENIAN AND RUSSIAN SALADS, A LOT OF DIFFERENT KINDS OF CAKES SWEETS TOARTS. PLEASE HELP ME WITH INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET STARTED.
  • 32. James expert adviser said on 10/24/2009 11:04:28 AM
    @Aram, I will suggest you to start small. Figure out what you are best at, if it is of various kababs then focus and advertise on that. Have some offer as you are starting the business in a locality that is not familiar with you. Later increase the menu as the demands increases. Initially don't even buy one truck just start it renting for a month. Make sure that you are not breaking any city laws. go to city hall to know more about the licensing and selling norms. Good Luck!!!

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 33. alma said on 10/31/2009 2:14:10 PM
    Hello, I wanted to know if you knew any catering company or storage place where I could wash, store, and dump waste in atlanta, georia or around that area. Thanks.
  • 34. Jeremiah said on 11/2/2009 2:18:00 PM
    Hello my name is jeremiah. i wanted to know what licenses are required to start a mobile catering, frozen or boxed food business?
  • 35. Karen said on 11/20/2009 11:49:12 PM
    What are the licenses requirement to sell tacos, burritos, and quesadillas on a mobile food truck specially when you find a good location and want to stay on that spot permanently. Miami, Florida.
  • 36. john edwards iii said on 12/9/2009 10:08:09 PM
    Mobile Food Business in St.Paul, Mn. I would like to know if there any insurance issues in renting a van or small truck to start a mobile food business. thank you.
  • 37. James Dsouza said on 12/22/2009 4:30:11 AM
    Would like to know the licenses/permits required to start a mobile catering service (truck/van based) and also for a normal catering business in Mumbai maharashtra India. Thks
  • 38. PARVEEN MEHTA said on 12/26/2009 4:05:17 AM
    I AM KEEN TO START MOBILE CATERING BUSINESS IN CHANDIGARH GIVE ME THE TECHNICAL KNOW HOW. CHANDIGARH, INDIA, 09814895600
  • 39. desi meredith said on 12/30/2009 1:28:25 PM
    I would love to start a mobile catering business here in St.Geirge, Utah. There is only 1 other truck out here that does mexican, & there are tons of mexican joints out here. My brother & I are polynesian and are well versed in our cuisine. we've catered many parties/weddings/grad.etc..Would like a general idea on what start-up costs would be including the purchase of a new/used truck.
  • 40. John Nicoletti said on 1/4/2010 4:49:34 PM
    I would like to start a Catering truck business in the central valley in California, could someone help me by directing to what information i should be gathering prior to purchasing a truck? John
  • 41. sean berry said on 1/4/2010 9:49:06 PM
    hi, i am interested in starting up a catering van in ireland! does anyone knows what is the first step of getting license etc, thanks
  • 42. Jade said on 1/11/2010 11:18:12 AM
    how do i open a mobile catering business in Bakersfield, CA
  • 43. John Nicoletti said on 1/12/2010 4:15:49 PM
    I would like to start a catering truck business in northern Michigan. Could you please inform me as to what are the first 10 things I should do to get the ball rolling?
  • 44. h patel said on 1/14/2010 1:32:54 PM
    i want to start mobile food business in van please provide me with all information + license that i need extra please give your contact info so i can contact you. toronto, ontario, canada
  • 45. NITIN KUMAR said on 1/15/2010 5:34:31 AM
    my uncle have catering business but know about how to start a mobile catering, where to set up the business how to do a marketing about the business & useful tips to do it
  • 46. Mansi Bajaj said on 1/16/2010 8:49:53 AM
    Hi. I am looking at starting a mobile catering business in Mumbai, India. Could you please help me with information on licenses and permits required for the same. Also I need advise on the capital investment that would be required and things to look out for while planning.
  • 47. PRAKASH said on 1/17/2010 12:38:21 PM
    Hi. I am looking at starting a mobile catering business in VARIOUS CITIES IN INDIA Mumbai, KOLKATA, GURGAON, DELHI, NOIDA. Could you please help me with information on licenses and permits required for the same. Also I need advise on the capital investment that would be required and things to look out for while planning. REGARDS, KUMAR
  • 48. naresh said on 1/17/2010 11:32:25 PM
    I want to start a mobile catering business in india(delhi), I need help in how to get it started. Please give all type of information like manufacturing and license. Thanks 9968596677
  • 49. Tae Wilson said on 1/23/2010 2:31:41 PM
    I want to start Mobil food wagon business, and i have some good ideas of food items, however my problem is to finding a good used mobile food truck. Could you help me with this problem. and if anyone who have wagon for sell please contact me at 425 315-6802
  • 50. linda miranda said on 2/1/2010 2:56:43 AM
    hi i am from delhi, and would like to start a fast food van service. would anyone be able to guide me about how to go about starting up. what are the legal requirements etc. what would a van cost and where i can procure it from, is it custom built and if so who/where can i go to find out. if anyone can guide me please call me, 9891427503, thanks
  • 51. Amol d kasbe. said on 2/7/2010 5:40:52 PM
    Hi, I'm aspiring chef working in London. I want to start a sea food cartering in Mumbai( India) wish to serve the executive class people of different parts of Mumbai. Kindly suggest me how should I promote my bussiness to them as I'm new in bussiness or suggest me whether my this decision is right for growth of business. Thanking you.
  • 52. Smita said on 2/8/2010 5:23:39 PM
    Anyone wanting to get license for mobile catering vans in Delhi get in touch on csmita18@rediffmail.com asap as only this month it can be done as the survey is on. Once the survey is done no chance for next 2 years
  • 53. Nicole said on 2/12/2010 12:27:46 AM
    My husband and I are interested in starting a mobile restaurant. We don't know where to start as far as licenses, permit and price. We are in NYC my husband is a sous chef in a french restaurant so he has the experience. Please help us out.
  • 54. ruchika saluja said on 2/16/2010 6:38:31 AM
    Hi! I want to start mobile catering business esp deals into breakfast & fast food in Indore, Madhya pradesh India, I am looking for info regarding-catering truck cost, initial investment, permit, license, product strategy & marketing Strategy. thanks
  • 55. SONIYA said on 3/4/2010 12:38:22 AM
    HELLO SIR, I M SONIYA FROM RAJASTHAN JAIPUR, WANT TO START A HOME BASED CATERING BUSINESS LIKE TO OPEN TIFFIN CENTRE FIRST AT A SMALL LEVEL. BUT I LIKE THE IDEA OF MOBILE CATERING ALSO. I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO START IT AND HOW MUCH MONEY DO I NEED TO INVEST IN IT.... PLEASE HELP ME OUT...THANK YOU
  • 56. anita said on 3/15/2010 12:50:34 PM
    Hi, i want to start mobile business in india. can u please give information regarding catering truck cost, permit, license etc. and where can i get mobile truck in chennai. thanks
  • 57. Yatin Pawar said on 3/18/2010 11:21:54 PM
    I want to start a mobile catering business in Mumbai Location. Though you can see lot of road side hawkers in mumbai. I want to start a different kind of mobile catering business with a proper mobile van and my own created brand name with it. I also wanted to know what all permits or licenses are required to start a mobile catering business in Mumbai. Do the government of Mumbai allow it. One more thing to ask is, in mobile catering business do they allow to use gas inside the mobile van. The location, I am looking is Mumbai, Maharashtra & India. Your revert will be awaited. Thanks & Regards Yatin
  • 58. Suneet said on 3/19/2010 9:50:19 PM
    Hello! I want to start a mobile catering business in Chandigarh(U.T), Mohali(Punjab),Panchkula(Haryana) etc.. in India for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please let me know
    1. About the total/estimated investment
    2. Legal formalities and offices and their address to be contacted for the said purpose
    3. The cost/price and the addresses from where the mobile catering van can be purchased
    4. Any other suggestions.
    Waiting for you kind suggestions and reply. Thanks in anticipation and regards.....Suneet
  • 59. Suneet said on 3/19/2010 9:58:00 PM
    This is in reference with my earlier query. I also want to put my own created brand name with the mobile catering business. Does it require any legal requirements and if so as to which offices to be contacted and their addresses. Your reply is awaited. Thanks again ...Suneet
  • 60. Arvinder Singh Hora said on 3/27/2010 5:00:26 AM
    Hello Dear Investors. This is Arvind from Guwahati. we have an invest plan for Investors who are keen to invest in real estate market Guwahati Assam. we invest in Land, Commercial/Residential projects only. Remember we follow a strict confidential database of customers who invest with us. So Dear Investors if any body is interested pls contact me at balazeerealtors@sify.com, Thanking You. Regards A.S.Hora
  • 61. Ravindra parab said on 3/28/2010 2:16:01 AM
    I want to start a mobile catering business in Mumbai location. I want to start a different kind of mobile catering business with a proper mobile van & my own created brand name with it. I also want to know what all permits or licenses are require to start a mobile catering business in Mumbai. Do the Municipal Corporation of mumbai & R.T.O. allows to use L.P.G. Gas inside the mobile van For cooking Purpose. Please, give me another suggestions & reply to start this business successfully. Thanking you, Ravindra Parab.
  • 62. riyal sethi said on 3/28/2010 6:24:39 AM
    Hi, I want to start a fiid van of maggi & pasta in agra. can you please guide me the formalities i required before starting the business, 2. from where i can buy food van. 3. If i open with the name Maggi will it be any problem under the law. 4. what will be the total investment. Regards Riyal sethi, Agra, India
  • 63. giftti said on 3/30/2010 1:13:17 AM
    Nshville, TN USA. how do i start catering business? (i owned a small restaurant).
  • 64. stinnett said on 4/3/2010 3:25:14 PM
    I would like to start a mobile catering business in TN. I would like to sell to the local factories offering a variety of foods including plate lunches. I am assuming I will need to get permission from the various places. Are they usually apt to grant permission? Can you also send everything I will need to get started such as licenses required, food preparation areas and so on? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • 65. YUSUF KALAM said on 4/5/2010 9:22:45 AM
    i am from mumbai, would like to start mobile van for food. pls advice how to get license & do set up.
  • 66. pallavi pereira said on 4/5/2010 10:16:44 PM
    want to start chapati bhaji and snacks counter at naigaon- vasai, thane. please guide the necessary legal and govt procedure and rules. thanks, pallavi
  • 67. rahul deb sarkar said on 4/6/2010 1:08:55 AM
    What are the legal requirements to start a catering business in Kolkata?
  • 68. Raja said on 4/7/2010 10:17:15 AM
    Hi, I would like to start a burger shop in chennai, india. Want to know what are the legal formalities to be done to start such a business. Can you assist with the procedures, license, registration details. Regards, Raja.
  • 69. Lindsie said on 4/8/2010 8:51:36 PM
    I am considering the possibility of starting a mobile beverage cart. It would be out of a van. Like a Volkswagen Bus. What would my first step be and legally, how do I get this thing going?
  • 70. Manjit said on 4/13/2010 5:29:33 AM
    I m an ex -defence officer, I want to start mobile food van in delhi, can u pl guide me. Col. Manjit Singh, nda_hunter57@yahoo.co.in
  • 71. Debbie Aram said on 4/14/2010 3:22:51 AM
    Hi, I'm very interested in buying a burger van and starting up, however, can you assist with the procedures, licenses plus how you go about finding a pitch etc. many thanks
  • 72. A.Sahaya said on 4/14/2010 7:32:57 AM
    I am considering starting a mobile catering truck in India(Delhi), could you please assist me with information pertaining to licenses, where to purchase a mobile catering truck from and any other help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
  • 73. helen lawrence said on 4/14/2010 8:22:55 AM
    newmarket suffolk cb80ql uk hi i am interested in starting a catering van business. need advice on all the ins and outs including finance. many thanks. helen
  • 74. Jasmeet Singh said on 4/15/2010 7:35:18 AM
    Hey I want to open Roadside Food cart chain in delhi..Please guide me how to take necessary licenses
  • 75. vasantha said on 4/17/2010 3:46:48 PM
    Hello! I'm looking to start a mobile catering services for breakfast and lunch and eve snacks at key business locations in mumbai, India to the office going customers at extremely affordable prices. Please let me know
    1. About the total/estimated investment
    4. Any other requirement
  • 76. Julie said on 4/18/2010 1:36:30 PM
    I would like to start a mobile catering business in my area. The food will be already prepared and packaged when it is being sold from the mobile. I would like to know what licensing or permits do I need and how to get started. Could you please help me?
  • 77. satabdee biswal said on 4/19/2010 11:19:37 AM
    hi, i want to start a catering business. I DO NOT KNOW PROCEDURES. i want to start soon. you give me procedures laws about it. i want to start business in balasore my home town. my investment start from 10,000. i am 23 year old. i want to prepare food and deliver it by order. give me suggestion.
  • 78. amarjeet singh said on 4/20/2010 4:28:17 AM
    i would like to know the mcd license required to start the mobile food van in delhi.
  • 79. Michelle said on 4/21/2010 10:52:34 PM
    My husband and I are getting all the info to start a mobile lunch truck. I am trying to track down all the info needed for expenses but I cannot seem to find how much monthly maintenance is on a full kitchen catering truck. We are located in Port Orchard, Washington, US. I hope someone with experience will be kind enough to assist me with this info whether its which website to go to or someone who knows from experience. Thank You
  • 80. Donna said on 4/22/2010 8:33:21 PM
    Hi, I am very interested in starting a mobile food business in Canada. I have heard it's becoming very popular with the working population who just dont have time to sit down for lunch and its more economical. Do you know what kind of truck or van I would need to start up? and what kind of modifications that would have to be done on it? What would the cost be to run such a vehicle. Thanks
  • 81. Robin Jain said on 4/23/2010 1:17:14 AM
    Hello Sir, I want to start mobile van operations for my food products in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. I want to know what are the rule and regulations for the same? From where can I get information regarding the same?
  • 82. suzanne said on 4/25/2010 3:13:43 PM
    I would like to own a lunch truck in Salem Oregon. Where would I find the best information on how to start? Thank-you in advance for your reply.
  • 83. madan said on 4/28/2010 1:03:22 AM
    HELLO SIR, I M MADAN FROM RAJASTHAN JAIPUR, WANT TO START A HOME BASED CATERING BUSINESS. I LIKE THE IDEA OF MOBILE CATERING. I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO START IT AND HOW MUCH MONEY DO I NEED TO INVEST IN IT.... PLEASE HELP ME OUT...THANK YOU
  • 84. Abhay Tiwari said on 4/28/2010 10:11:24 PM
    Hello Sir, I want to start mobile van operations for my food products in Delhi. I want to know what are the rule and regulations for the same? How to get license. From where can I get information regarding the same? I have food kitchen and it is operational with all licenses. Regards, Abhay
  • 85. Srinivas said on 5/5/2010 12:20:10 AM
    Hi friends i want to start mobile canteen in hospet karnataka i want to know what are the rules and regulations for the same? How to get license other information please help me, thank u
  • 86. Max Fellows said on 5/11/2010 5:40:09 PM
    London, UK. I am looking at starting a mobile catering business, i will be mainly trading at events and concerts. To date i have looked into a unit but have yet to sort out insurance, health and safety as well as marketing and stock etc. I was hoping for some assistance and guidance as to what is required to start trading and the best way to go about starting up ? I appreciate any help. Thank you
  • 87. Manoj Sharma said on 5/13/2010 6:47:03 AM
    I want to start a mobile food van business in banglore plz. guide about all the aspects of the business and can you give me a list supplier of such vans.
  • 88. Kate Surgay said on 5/17/2010 2:17:41 PM
    Hi, i'm looking into starting a mobile catering business in UK. I've looked at a few camper vans and mobile catering vehicles also health and safety certificates but would greatly appreciate any other information on how to start up. Thank you!
  • 89. debraj aich said on 5/24/2010 6:58:15 AM
    Hi, i'm Dev i want to start mobile food business in Mumbai. can u please give information regarding catering truck cost, where can i get one, About the total/estimated investment, Legal formalities and offices and their address to be contacted for the said purpose, license etc. and The cost/price and the addresses from where can i get the mobile catering van can be purchased. and if Any other requirement is needed. thanks
  • 90. Vishwanath.Kirodian said on 5/26/2010 3:22:35 AM
    Hi this is vishwanath from mumbai. My self would like to start a mobile food business.Can u give me the different type of license required for this purpose. License for ready packed food + license required for that. Thanks and regards vishu
  • 91. subrahmanya said on 6/1/2010 1:00:13 PM
    I WISH TO ESTABLISH A MOBILE KITCHEN/FOOD CART BUSINESS IN BANGALORE, INVITING INFORMATION ABOUT THE REQUISITE LICENSES AND APPROVALS NEEDED TO START THE BUSINESS AND INFORMATION REGARDING THE RISKS INVOLVED. ANY BODY TO HELP????
  • 92. DanielF.D. said on 6/1/2010 3:57:32 PM
    I am very interested to put my business idea in a catering truck. I have a very unique product and would love to compete in Los Angeles. Can someone tell me what I need to do to start this? what licenses, health permits, insurance and start up capital is needed? Thanks!
  • 93. abhijeet said on 6/3/2010 4:43:07 AM
    hi, seen lots of people want to start a mobile restaurant in mumbai, i wish the same , looking for like minded people whom i could start with, i have got a brilliant idea, my number is 9819930063 , do call
  • 94. kalyan said on 6/10/2010 1:45:11 AM
    hi, i want start a catering service with low investment in hyderbad give me some guidance about marketing and maintenance and how to manage kindly give me some guidance. thanks and regards
  • 95. vikas said on 6/11/2010 4:39:26 AM
    hi, i want start a fast food service with low investment in chandigarh give me some guidance about the initial investment is required?
  • 96. manish solanki said on 6/14/2010 5:27:27 AM
    hi, i wanted to start a food cart ...what and from where i should i start. please also advice any legal proceeding?? or work required
  • 97. Ankit said on 6/16/2010 7:56:43 AM
    Hi, I want to start a Mobile Food Van in Chandigarh. Kindly guide me with some creative ideas and marketing techniques to get a HIGH FOOT-FALL. Also guide me with the rules and regulations made by MCD and other government authorities which should be taken care of.
  • 98. ritesh said on 6/16/2010 9:14:51 AM
    As far as i can think, the most important thing to start in food business is to be fond of making and relishing food.
  • 99. Appoorv Saxena said on 6/22/2010 9:07:57 AM
    Well I see lot of people interested in fooding Biz. I am a big foodie myself, and have been interested since i graduated in '93. Let me tell you its not that easy by what we see either at Mobile Vans stationed at the Bazaars or the Malls or ur neighborhood or say inspired by watching cookery shows. After an initial start up in 93 with my Dads retirement money I started the food venture in Visakhpatnam A.P. After 1 Yr or so I lost out interest as we weren't making good money besides our non ignorant of how a food business should run. We closed it down after 2 Yrs. After almost 17 Yrs, I am at it again but careful n lets say a little learnt. I have since moved to Jaipur, Rajasthan after loosing out my Job in the recession. Six months with no Job, I decided to start a Tiffin Centre in the strong Student Community area. With Just 2 Tiffins for a month, and No Huge Investment (Just Rs 300/ - for 2 Tiffins) My wife and I started out on this venture and we are able to get comfortable money almost matching my last pay check. But this was only earned through sheer hard work, and Never Give up attitude. 6 am to 12 Midnight is what is the order of the day. We are now planning to scale up and God willingly we shall achieve it. The Idea to write this was just to make you guys realize the effort and the pains it takes to achieve ones aim and goals. Best wishes. I can be contacted nirmalskitchen at gmail dot com or visit www.nirmalskitchen.blogspot.com
  • 100. Sourabh said on 6/23/2010 10:42:07 AM
    Hello, as everybody else, I would like to start a mobile food van / cart (in jaipur). Could you please help me with all the licenses and permissions required, where can i buy and modify the food vans? and what all do i need to know about this business. Thank you so much
  • 101. Michele Di Leo said on 6/27/2010 2:49:00 PM
    Hello, I would like to know how to rent a box van style mobile truck in Long Island Suffolk county NY. Or would it be best to start with a rental? What type of capital do I need to start this business? All I really need is small/medium refrigeration units, wash sink and a couple of electrical outlets; I am doing specialty sandwiches. What is the best option for me. What time of permits and licenses do I need? Thank you!
  • 102. Kristen said on 6/28/2010 7:41:38 PM
    Greetings from the beautiful state of Kentucky! My sisters and I would like to start a mobile cafe. I have a pretty decent idea of what equipment is needed in the van/truck but how much start up cost should we expect? As everyone else has asked, what should we expect as far as permits, licensing, insurance, etc. Any laws about going into parking lots or do we have to remain on public streets? Thank you in advance for your help.
  • 103. sonali said on 7/4/2010 8:13:39 AM
    I am a housemaker and want to start a small catering business from home. Like birthday party, kitty party, get together and lunch or dinner also. What should I do start my business and how I improve my services.
  • 104. Luis Espinal said on 7/8/2010 2:02:10 PM
    I'm planing to start a catering truck business in West Palm Beach Florida. I'll like to know about: Permissions & license in the area. Thanks for your help.
  • 105. Mohammed Sarfaraz said on 7/11/2010 11:40:48 AM
    I want to start a small catering business from home. Like birthday party, kitty party, get together and lunch or dinner. What should i do to start my business and how i improve my service. I am from Hyderabad AP India. Email: mohammedsarfarazmus@yahoo.com
  • 106. amrgopal said on 7/12/2010 10:00:13 AM
    Hi! I'm looking to start a Mobile Catering services for Breakfast and Lunch and Evening snacks at key business locations in Malaysia, for office going customers at extremely affordable prices. The food will be already prepared and packaged when it is being sold from the mobile. Please let me know the following details:
    1. About the total/estimated investment 2. Legal formalities and offices and their address to be contacted on this regard
    4. Any other requirement/setup required
    Best Regards, @Dr. Appu Menon Rajgopal, MIIRSM, DCE, CORP - HSE Manager, Tel: 050 5165685, E Mail : amrgopal@yahoo.co.in
  • 107. sunilsingh said on 7/17/2010 11:21:34 PM
    Hi! if you could let me known, what are the different license are required to start a mobile catering van in D c area. thanks, sunil singh
  • 108. Pragati said on 7/20/2010 9:15:47 AM
    Hi, I would like to start my own food truck business in Navi Mumbai. I need the information about how much it cost to start a business? & also how many competitor are there in the market.
  • 109. maribel sauceda said on 7/21/2010 4:12:22 PM
    I want to start my own mobile catering trailer, catering breakfast tacos, what kind of license do i need, la grange texas, catering more mexican food.
  • 110. Carlos Borrego said on 7/28/2010 2:53:51 PM
    I would like to start my own food truck business in the Miami area and would like to know all the permit, licenses and information needed for this to open without any problems. Thank you
  • 111. javed said on 8/2/2010 11:37:20 AM
    Hi, I want to start catering food business in Mumbai. Please let me know the total/estimated investment(from home or if I rent a shop for take away). Legal formalities/license and where to contact for the same
  • 112. Vicki Peterson said on 8/4/2010 5:02:37 PM
    I would like to start my own food truck business in the Denver area and would like to know all the permit, licenses and information needed for this to open without any problems. Also, will I be allowed to use my own kitchen at home to do prep work for the items I choose to sell. Thank you
  • 113. tafach said on 8/6/2010 8:56:11 PM
    how can i start a mobile food business in downtown minneapolis, mn. please help me. thank you
  • 114. emma said on 8/14/2010 5:52:02 AM
    Hi! I want to start a Mobile Food Van in london, but i dont know where to go to obtain permit please can you advice me on what license will be needing and all this start things....thank u
  • 115. Sonal said on 8/15/2010 6:13:02 AM
    Hi, I would like to start a mobile food van in Mumbai/Thane area. I need some clarity on
    a) The licenses and permissions required from BMC/TMC
    b) Is there any issue on parking the mobile van on road side.
    c) What licenses are reqd from food department.
    d) Can a cooking stove with commercial gas can be placed in mobile van.
    e) is any license reqd from RTO for modifying/fitting Gas/plying mobile food van on road.
    Thank you.
  • 116. Loranzo Ray-Kenith Arrington said on 8/17/2010 4:42:15 AM
    I would like to start a mobile food van in Las Vegas and I need to know what licenses and permits are needed. Also can I do prep work in my home? Thanx
  • 117. Dori said on 8/18/2010 11:42:16 PM
    Hi, I want to start a mobile food business in Los Angeles and need to know where to find out about the parking regulations and laws for surrounding cities such as Redondo Beach, Torrance, Culver City etc...Thank you
  • 118. ZooHoo's Eatery said on 8/20/2010 3:10:08 PM
    Hi, We are offering mobile food franchise with quality burgers, wraps, shakes and ice cream all from a mobile food trailer. There are many permitting and health department issues along with the complexities of operating from a small unit. We have been in business for 10 years offering mobile food and have the system for you at http://www.zoohooseatery.com
  • 119. charmie mehta said on 8/24/2010 1:50:32 PM
    hi i'm planning to start a mobile van for sandwiches in gujarat, india. kindly let me know the legal process and estimated investment needed. thanx and regards.
  • 120. Johnny A said on 8/24/2010 6:52:29 PM
    Hello, I was interested in creating a lunch truck route in Las Vegas. I need to know what the parking laws and regulations are before I start this venture. How many licenses do I need to get the ball rolling? Jabin LV' Thanks
  • 121. pradeep kumar said on 8/26/2010 8:40:12 AM
    what are the procedure to procure license for road side catering van in New Delhi. How much is the license fee etc. and kindly also suggest some names from where we can buy catering van.
  • 122. Prashant Jain said on 9/7/2010 12:21:15 AM
    I want to start a mobile catering business of my own. I just want to know the legal formalities one has to fulfill. What is the initial investment one has to make? Location- North Campus, New Delhi, India
  • 123. Monique said on 9/8/2010 3:23:12 PM
    I live in New mexico, I want to sell gyro sandwiches, pizza puffs, and chicago dogs and sausages & Beef sandwiches plus I make an amazing eggroll. I want to purchase a foodtruck. I was raised in Evanston IL and grew up with this food, I have tried all the items on people and the men at my husbands work order from me on a regular basis. also some church members and my clients i am also a beautician. where do i find food trucks? and do you think the items I offer are good for a food truck?
  • 124. Tanisha Henderson said on 9/12/2010 4:52:23 PM
    Hello my name is Tanisha and I have been doing catering for 9 years. I would like to start a mobile food business with leasing the truck to see how it takes off. Can you please give me the right directions to follow so that i get off on the right start. I have plenty of clientele starting with the big three and beauty shops around Michigan. I also have other locations in mind. My credentials include but are limited to, attending DEI Institute, Brown's Restaurant and Hospitality Academy. My products arrange from sandwiches to salads, finger foods, and dinner entrees. I just need the support of the right direction to get started. Can you help me? Tanisha Detroit, Michigan
  • 125. malar said on 9/13/2010 1:01:54 AM
    i'm a student. i have a project to do. its about creating a business plan on mobile restaurant in malaysia. so i would like to know what are the procedures and what type information i need... please help me... thank you...
  • 126. Wanicha said on 9/13/2010 2:35:29 PM
    Hi, I am interesting in food mobile business and would like to sell Thai food out off mobile truck in Denver, Colorado. Can you help lead me to the right direction on how to make this dream come true.
  • 127. omvir yadav said on 9/14/2010 8:08:23 AM
    Hello my name is omvir yadav from india & i am interested to start mobile food business in small city in haryana. with most of non veg. items such as eggs, sandwiches, chicken soups, mutton, chicken, biryani etc. would you like to help out me with right directions to start this business & Some point to look after during planning food business. & also about licensing, permits & total investment at the time of starting this food chain with mobile van. hope you'll come up with better results. waiting for your positive response. Thanks & regards. omvir yadav
  • 128. Chef@LARGE said on 9/14/2010 9:46:46 AM
    To all Indian Guys, James is not an indian and is not adept with requirements and conditions in India, especially Mumbai. My opinion is start it small with minimum investment, limited menu with unique taste, and above all go with the saying : Expect the best, prepare for the worst. Mobile food business is not new to indian market, only that it has been done on carts till now, but india is awakening to the idea of mobile food business, but the most important 2 things to be kept in mind are : hygiene and taste. I hope the above helps, i am starting up my mobile food business in navi mumbai area in the next 2 weeks, breakfast in the menu. Wish you all good luck!
  • 129. Vishal said on 9/14/2010 4:12:19 PM
    Hi Chef@Large, Believe you might have gone through all the licensing procedures to start your business. Appreciate sharing how to obtain the required licenses and other formalities.
  • 130. Chef@LARGE said on 9/16/2010 11:03:16 AM
    @vishal, mobile food business means street side selling - i don't give a damn about licensing procedures, this is mumbai, 5000 odd people from other states come to mumbai everyday with a dream in their eyes, they start very small, and many continue like that coz they dont have an enterprising mind with innovative ideas, for those who have it.....their business just grows and grows....mumbai is a city with untold possibilities and enough loopholes for even a streetside vendor to make it big. All that is needed is a start, rest will fall in place automatically, but yeah throughout the business only things you need at all times are : positive attitude, service with a smile and belief in your enterprise.
  • 131. Rozario said on 9/17/2010 1:49:55 AM
    Hi Chef@LARGE, I live in Vashi and am interested in starting a food business on a partnership basis. The place i have is very centrally located and is good for food business. I know that you are starting out on your own in a couple of weeks but if you feel you could, then give me a buzz.
  • 132. Ashu Guptaas said on 9/17/2010 7:24:33 AM
    Hi, What is the procedure to have licenses/ permits for having road side food carts in Noida (U.P)
  • 133. dawn said on 9/17/2010 4:26:30 PM
    looking in to starting a mobile food catering truck in Sarasota, Fl. what are the requirements and procedures for starting one.
  • 134. BALAJI said on 9/24/2010 10:32:52 AM
    Hi, I would like to start a mobile restaurant business in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Please let me know the procedures and approx Investment required for this. It will be helpful if you can send us the model of the mobile restaurant. Thanks in Advance. Balaji.
  • 135. Chef@LARGE said on 9/24/2010 12:47:02 PM
    @Rozario, good to find someone with similar aspirations, yeah surely, lets catch up, my number is 9819656931, also please visit the group chef@LARGE on FB.
  • 136. james cleland said on 9/27/2010 2:26:13 AM
    hi, i just need to find out what kind of permits are needed and where to get them for a mobile catering business in perth. do i need a permit for every place i park
  • 137. Linchong Rungruang said on 9/29/2010 3:56:15 AM
    i wanted to start a catering mobile food truck business i want to know about all the rules and license, health. and all the costs for all set up including the VAN( i live in Thailand and soon need to be in uk) pls give me idea asap, Linchong
  • 138. candy wallace said on 10/5/2010 10:15:43 PM
    Hello, I need advice as well. I'm starting a kitchen truck w/hot dogs, which seems to be a preference. I need to know just how much product to purchase to begin & how do I determine what else I should sale? for example hot sandwiches too or should I stick w/hot dogs, sodas, chips ONLY at 1st ? also what hours are the best & what kind of profit can I expect the 1st year ? I'm in northern calif*Redding* thank you, candy
  • 139. navdeep said on 10/8/2010 9:15:47 AM
    Hi. I have an outdoor catering business which I am planning to shut down. I want to sell cooking and service utensils. I am based out of Lucknow, India. Interested parties may contact me at 9369371177.
  • 140. Vikash Kumar said on 10/9/2010 2:14:11 AM
    Hello, I am a Diploma Holder in Hotel Management & Catering Tech from Ranchi Jharkhand. I have got about 4 years experience of working in Star (Branded) Hotels. I am interested in starting my own catering business by investing a small capital. Can I get some idea about Meal on Wheels business to be carried out in prime locations of Jharkhand & Bihar. From where I can get the Catering Truck, what will the expenditures and other infrastructure required for this ? I shall be grateful if i may please be informed about the complete procedure so that I may think over it as early as possible.
  • 141. Richard Vaz said on 10/12/2010 3:14:47 AM
    I have over 25 years in the hospitality industry and can set up a kitchen canteen / restaurant/ hotel/ mobile/ cafeteria. Contact me on ritchievaz2004@yahoo.co.in
  • 142. linda N. N. said on 10/20/2010 6:17:33 PM
    Hi, I am looking to start a food mobile cart and needed help on what kind of licenses are needed and ect. please do help me on my questionings. thanks.
  • 143. VICKI said on 10/20/2010 6:57:35 PM
    I am going to be starting a mobile food business in an 8x18 professional trailer doing festivals and catering what type of license would I need to get and from where i live in the state of il but will not always be doing business here please help?????????
  • 144. latosha McKenzie said on 10/23/2010 11:38:18 PM
    Would you please help me I would like to start my own food business. I love everything about food. I would like to sell soul food cooked fresh daily.I need help applying for a business grant.
  • 145. Rachit said on 10/24/2010 2:12:53 PM
    looking in to starting a mobile food catering truck in Woolwich, london. what are the requirements and procedures for starting one.plz give me full information from the authority to start from council.
  • 146. dumana poddar said on 10/25/2010 1:15:07 AM
    I required a Draft project Profile for Mobile Pastry and Pizza Kitchen with a minimum investment / capital cost. Thanking You. sumana poddar drom Kolkata.
  • 147. Matt Hardin said on 10/25/2010 1:47:14 PM
    What are the licenses and and such that you need to start a food truck business? I live in Tennessee and would like to start this business but have never been in business for myself. Thanks.
  • 148. Nilesh Sippy said on 10/26/2010 7:08:05 AM
    Hi, i want to start mobile van food business in suburbs of Mumbai. Pls help with requirements from govt bodies etc.
  • 149. michelle tupara said on 10/28/2010 4:25:20 PM
    Hi, i want to know what i have to get and do to start a mobile van business in Auckland New Zealand, i'm thinking of starting my own business, but not sure where to start...thank u
  • 150. Abhishek said on 12/1/2010 3:38:19 PM
    City - Noida , Delhi. I want to start a mobile van in India .Can you tell me what legal permission do i need .
  • 151. Anshu Sharma said on 12/13/2010 2:17:00 AM
    I am interested in starting a meals on wheels van business in hyderabad. Please suggest us regarding the investment needed and what are the legal formalities to be done in this regard. Thanks, anshu
  • 152. Neha said on 12/13/2010 7:25:34 AM
    Hi, I wanted to start a food cart business in Delhi NCR what are the legal things required in terms of license and permissions.
  • 153. Stephen Phillips said on 12/15/2010 11:38:19 PM
    I'm in Fresno/Clovis, CA and I would like information specific to this area. I'd like to know about fees, regulations and start-up costs.
  • 154. yogesh said on 12/19/2010 8:59:10 AM
    I wanted to start mobile catering business in nashik maharashtra. what are the legal things required in terms of license and permissions. and what is the procedure to get license.
  • 155. Rakesh Sharma said on 12/20/2010 11:36:40 AM
    Hi, I want to start a Chinese Food Van in Delhi. I need to know the every single details about this business. Please call me at 9873205724
  • 156. shahid said on 12/24/2010 4:40:57 PM
    need to know licenses required for mobile van business. what are the procedures to open something like this in Mumbai... plz email me at shahid1786@gmail.com with details... thanks, shahid
  • 157. priti said on 12/26/2010 5:29:38 PM
    Hi, I wish to start a mobile food business. What are the requirements in a city in Karnataka State of India. Please let me know about the license, registration and other costs, including where can I get a van and what would it cost to start a business? a million thanks!
  • 158. pushpa said on 12/26/2010 7:31:47 PM
    Hi James, It is my dream to start a mobile food van in Port Credit, Ontario, Canada. Could you kindly advise what would be the minimum investment I should be prepared to spend and what would be the legal requirements? Am I limited to only sell in my little area or the whole metro? I have catered before from home in Nova Scotia and am sure to capitalize on my specialties and wish to concentrate on healthy and nutritious snacks/foods. Any suggestions would be highly valued from any Guru out there.
  • 159. Vidhul Narang said on 1/2/2011 12:29:23 PM
    Hello Sir, I want to start mobile van operations for my food products in Panipat, New Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida India. I want to know what are the rule and regulations for the same? From where can I get information regarding the same? And also how much total investment is required. Regards, Vidhul
  • 160. Sangeeta Roy said on 1/3/2011 6:13:53 AM
    Hello. We want to start a mobile catering business in western suburb of Mumbai. Wanted to know the rules and regulations for the same - what are the papers required and where to be submitted, what are the licenses to be procured, what are the legalities involved,?
  • 161. donavan said on 1/4/2011 4:43:54 PM
    what licenses and permits i need for a food truck in fla.
  • 162. Shirley Strud said on 1/6/2011 7:14:15 PM
    Hi,it was my dream to start my own catering business.I am very interested in starting my mobile catering business,and whatever it takes to help feed the homeless.Wat would be my requirements,to start this business.
  • 163. sweatha sama said on 1/7/2011 9:46:00 PM
    Hi i want to open a catering business from home in Us. how do i start it? do i need any license?
  • 164. jalal said on 1/11/2011 5:41:22 AM
    I want to start a mobile catering business in England please let me know the permit required by the state and the type of food to start with?I was thinking of the mediterranean food,is it sound ok?
  • 165. German said on 1/17/2011 12:07:15 AM
    I have a successful business concept in fast food, but I´d like to create a franchise. But for mobile catering. I think a lot of people are interested in investing, but sometimes they don´t have an idea...So how can I commercialize my concept? this concept has been successful but like a restaurant...I want to continue ahead. I was thinking to offer a package with some food truck vendors... but I wonder how can I control the business, quality, royalties, Thank You... Mexico, Guadalajara. Burgers and more...creative and original food. etc.gafdi@london.com
  • 166. dhruv bahri said on 1/17/2011 3:48:39 AM
    hi i want to start the mobile business in Jaipur India, how should i advertise this and what license are needed to start.
  • 167. cat said on 1/18/2011 8:35:00 PM
    hey i'm really keen to start a health food mobile van up in gold coast, queensland, australia..studies show health is a major concern with aussies and a healthy, cheap, convenient substitute to the coffee or pie is just what we need..question..1 how do i get started? 2.Who can i ask for help with my business plan.. 3.What time do you think is suitable for start up? 4. should I try to get a sponsor? Cheers Cat
  • 168. ash said on 1/23/2011 4:16:42 AM
    i would love to start a mobile food business. can you help me how i can start it off? what permission do i need to get? can i cook from home ?
  • 169. Nasser Adaba said on 1/25/2011 5:10:35 AM
    hi, i have a flair for fast food business and in the light of this, my wife and i have decided that we start small from our apartment but i insist we rent a shop where we can be really confidence and without landlord's arrangement. Please advice us which is better.
  • 170. sameer singh said on 1/27/2011 4:16:40 AM
    Hi. I am a business development manager in a contract procuring company, located in Delhi. I am in process of starting a mobile catering cum vending business + a remote kitchen. Kindly advice on the compliance and legal formalities required. An immediate response would be appreciated. Sameer, 9212408220
  • 171. siddharth said on 1/27/2011 11:04:32 PM
    hi i am siddharth ,presently i am doing hotel management right now i m in 3rd yr ..after completing my course i want to start a catering unit as well as mobile catering unit ...if anybody willing to be a partner can contact me on my cell directly ....cell no:-09704805952 my business location can be hyderabad ,pune ,bhopal ,indore ....because these are bachelor cities .in theses cities more number of bachelors are there.
  • 172. arun said on 2/2/2011 10:12:58 AM
    hi, plz advise how much investment initially required fore mobile catering, van manufacturer and legal formalities like reminiscence etc. i m from kangra, himachal pradesh, india
  • 173. brandon said on 2/10/2011 1:16:00 PM
    hi sir, i m presently looking out to open fast food outlet in MUMBAI in western suburbs,i want to know what requirements are required license..etc and from where to obtain.
  • 174. Kaushal said on 2/16/2011 7:36:08 AM
    I would like to open a canteen in an office area in Mumbai sakinaka. Have got the prescribed forms from the municipal Authority .Would like to know if there are any agents or agency who can guide me doing the necessary paper work and obtain necessary permits for the same. Thank you
  • 175. Miriam said on 2/18/2011 1:54:41 PM
    My daughter and I are interested in starting a mobile food truck/trailer in Miami, Fl. Can someone guide me on the licenses and health permits needed to get started.
  • 176. ANU CHHABRA said on 2/28/2011 9:28:09 AM
    I would like to start a tiffin service from home and supply to people working in canary wharf, london. i dont know the legal procedure or health permits and need help asap. thanks
  • 177. James expert adviser said on 3/1/2011 12:03:21 AM
    @ANU CHHABRA, how big is this business gonna be? If it is a home based business and serving to known people then you can just get away with no legal stuffs. If you are planning for big scale then there will be lot to do for food business.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 178. suresh chandigarh (INDIA) said on 3/1/2011 9:40:46 PM
    hi sir, i m presently looking out to open mobile catering van outlet in chandigarh india, i want to know what requirements are required license etc. and from where to obtain. can i get secondhand van from your side,
  • 179. Raghunath expert adviser said on 3/1/2011 11:41:34 PM
    @suresh chandigarh (INDIA), you don't need any qualification to start a mobile catering business in chandigarh. Only thing you or your associates should know how to cook well.

For license you need to contact your local councilor who can suggest if you need any license or not. If you are using any electric equipment then you need an Electric certificate, Up to date food and hygiene certificate, liability insurance to start this business. We don't cell second hand vans, we also don't have any leads to provide you. Try to find them using websites like craigslist.com.

Raghunath Natarajan
    Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)

• 180. Swarna said on 3/16/2011 3:50:39 AM
    Hi, I am looking to start a small Snacks Corner in Hyderabad. i am looking for like minded people to contact me on 9949440649. Swarna.
  • 181. Charan said on 3/16/2011 2:10:41 PM
    I am planning start a mobile canteen in Mangalore,India.Kindly guide me with the below questions.
    1) Procedures to get the license
    2) how to get the permission for parking the van near colleges in the city
    3) How to get the catering van with the gas stove
    4) Overall capital investment ?
    Thank you.
  • 182. Raghunath expert adviser said on 3/16/2011 8:28:33 PM
    @Charan, Hi Charan, You may apply street trading license. Procedure for street trading license is varies from place to place because each state and city has different procedure. May be you need the following things.
    • Driving license or telephone/electricity bill to prove your address
    • Your passport size photograph
    • proof of public liability insurance
    • payment of correct fees
    • An application form.
    I think for van parking permission you need to contact college authority. I think the startup cost for starting this business depends on your budget, it can be started in as little as 2 lacs indian rupees.

Raghunath Natarajan
    Startup Biz Hub - Advisor (Staff)

• 183. Anitra Jones said on 3/17/2011 7:13:31 PM
    Entertainment center Statesville NC 28677 What permits and license are needed.
  • 184. Tee said on 3/23/2011 7:31:59 AM
    Hi, I so have a mobi kitchen selling traditional food with a fridge, 4 x bin-maries and 3 stove, a frier and a griller - I just need a busy potential place to place it. Leaving in witbank
  • 185. akshay dusane said on 4/3/2011 10:35:22 AM
    Hi i am akshay dusane from pune India. i wanted to venture in a mobile catering business so i wanted your help regarding licenses & permits required for it & from where do i obtain dos. i would also like to know if there is any automobile company who helps in converting trailers in catering van & from where will i get the energy source to operate equipments in the van?
  • 186. manjari gupta said on 4/21/2011 12:23:31 AM
    i want to enter into mobile food business so i want to know that how should i go forward i have planned that at a place i would prepare all the food and then through the mobile vans i would make available that food at multiple locations of agra , uttar pradesh , india . so plz help me and also tell me how should i plan to start this particular business.
  • 187. chaman joneja said on 4/23/2011 2:13:55 PM
    want to start a mobile eatery in Amritsar Punjab India offering basically veg.cuisine. Don't know what the scale of investment is and what number of clients I should have in mind? Should I be offering fast food only or breakfast. lunch and dinner along with hot and cold drinks? Kindly advise. Joneja
  • 188. mamta mishra said on 4/28/2011 6:10:48 AM
    hi i want to open my catering business in lucknow with small amount of Rs.5000 it will totally vegetarian plz can u help me how can i make it possible plz i want to open it as soon as possible plz help me out. i will be very thankful to u
  • 189. shobha p said on 4/29/2011 3:11:21 AM
    Hello,sir. I am a housewife and i want to start a catering business. wedding, birthday party, & receptions. my business and how i improve my service. I am from Hyderabad AP India. Email: pshobha_61@yahoo.co.in
  • 190. salvador pena said on 5/12/2011 4:28:00 PM
    is it possible to start a mobile freshly cooked food using a travel trailer if so whats needed thank you very much
  • 191. Mrs Prasad said on 5/14/2011 5:06:47 AM
    Sir, I am planning to start mobile food service in Hyderabad/India. Pl tell me the legal procedure as to how to start with.
  • 192. Mr. Nitin Bowlekar said on 5/19/2011 2:10:35 AM
    Dear sir, I am starting Catering and tiffin Services from home in Mumbai (India). i would like to know if any license or legal formalities are to be done to start such a business from home. Do i need to get my food items certified or tested for any quality certificate. Pls guide me and reply as soon as possible. Its really very urgent!!
  • 193. Wendy Rivera said on 5/24/2011 4:43:55 PM
    Hi, I want to start my own business in Pa in mobile catering, but don't know how to start.. please help. Thanks!!
  • 194. Sourabh dhanuka said on 5/26/2011 4:49:29 AM
    Respected sir, my name is sourabh and i m from Rajkot(gujarat), and i want to start mobile fast food van, so please guide me completely about it, as soon as possible, thank you, you can also contact me on my cell no.8530319168.
  • 195. sherish said on 5/28/2011 8:09:42 AM
    i want to open catering bussiness in Nj newjersy from home. please help me how can i do this, where to start from and what are the requirements.
  • 196. Dudley Fernandez said on 5/29/2011 5:41:11 AM
    Sir, I have A cantral kitchen in Goregaon Link Rd Goregaon (w), Mumbai. I would like to start a mobile food van to supply food in places where good food is not available. I wish to sell home cooked food cooked by professional cooks at a reasonable price. The food will be cooked at the central kitchen. What are the license's, permissions req to start such A project. Regards D.Fdz
  • 197. Purvi Gadiya said on 6/6/2011 12:31:01 PM
    i want to start my mobile catering business in indore for fasting foods......so plz send me some suggestions for the same ..how much investment is required at the initial stage and what all precautions should be taken..suggestions are welcome at gadiyapurvi62@gmail.com
  • 198. KT said on 6/8/2011 1:35:28 PM
    i want to start a healthy ice cream truck business ......so plz send me some suggestion on how to start ..how much investment is required at the initial stage and what all precautions should be taken..i can't seem to find much online for my state..Atlanta, GA suggestions are welcome at eatfromtheearth@gmail.com
  • 199. vikas said on 6/9/2011 3:10:57 AM
    i want to start chinese food business in mobile van near gurgaon so plz send me some suggestions on how to start,investment,no. of labors in initial stage & precautions should be taken..
  • 200. sandy said on 6/15/2011 2:49:28 AM
    Hi any body interested to start mobile catering business in jalandhar(punjab) with me, potential is huge call me immediately 9646922623,i have already in the process