Starting a Flight School Business

Learning to fly can be one of life's most rewarding adventures. The freedom of moving in three dimensions is not only fun but can lead to interesting career and travel opportunities. Considering the fact that private airlines are on the rise, a flight school business can be a very lucrative business proposition.

Many flight schools are for sale every now and then; buying one could be a safe bet than starting one on your own as the former have already taken off. Consider this while starting your flight school business.

At the beginning it helps if you have a general idea of what people want from flight schools. Why do they want to learn to fly? What is their ultimate, long-term aviation goal? Do they want to fly for fun, or are they seeking a flying career? Will your flight training be local, or do you want to use general aviation aircraft to train pupils? Do you want to own an airplane or will you rent? These are questions you should answer before you start considering starting flight schools. And you should consider whether you'll train students full time or part time.

Flight schools come in two flavors, Part 61 and Part 141, which refer to the parts of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) under which they operate. The most common and least important distinction between them is the minimum flight time required for the private certificate — 40 hours under Part 61, and 35 hours under Part 141. Considering that the national average for earning a private certificate is 60-75 hours, this difference isn't important for initial training. It does make a difference to commercial pilot applicants: Part 61 requires 250 hours, and Part 141 requires 190.

Accredited schools must meet rigid standards of accountability for virtually every area of operation and must apply to an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.

Ground School ensures the academic knowledge required to understand how, where, and when to fly safely. Flight schools cater to instructor based classes or self-paced home-study audio/video programs.

After ground school and before the trainee can take the FAA check ride with a designated pilot examiner, he must take and pass (70 percent or better) FAA airman knowledge test at an approved computer testing site.

The training airplane is where students practice in the air what they have learned on the ground. High wing or low, it doesn't make much difference. What's important is how well the airplane is equipped and maintained. It's also important that the school's trainers are dedicated to training and not to rental.

Generally speaking, one trainer serves four or five full-time students. This ratio may be higher with part-time students. Another consideration is the fleet's mix of primary, advanced, and multiengine trainers.

Because trainers are flown often and sometimes hard, how a school maintains its training fleet is important for both safety and scheduling.

A good flight instructor is important because one’s life will depend on what he or she teaches. The primary instructor should be at least a certificated flight instructor (CFI) and the instrument instructor must have an instrument instructor rating (CFII). Instrument training received from a non-rated instructor can cause problems when it comes to meeting FAA requirements.

• 1. Jeff Gerencser said on 8/20/2008
    I am interested in starting my own flight school so the money goes in my pocket and the decisions are made the way I see it.
  • 2. darshana said on 2/13/2009 6:06:16 PM
    i would like get some more info.
  • 3. Roger H. said on 2/26/2009 10:35:34 AM
    I have decided to start a part 61 flight school in NJ, and am finding it difficult to locate start-up flight school information. I appreciate any help you can send my way. Roger>
  • 4. Dan W. said on 3/23/2009 12:36:23 PM
    I'm looking at starting a flight school in Illinois, and am also having trouble finding start-up information. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the article!
  • 5. Hercules Viljoen said on 4/29/2009 11:50:22 AM
    Do I need to have a Pilot license to start my own Flight School?
  • 6. Ron Evers said on 5/10/2009 2:55:10 PM
    I would like some information on starting a flight school/plane rental business. What insurance needed and possible cost?
  • 7. Biff Willingham said on 5/20/2009 12:25:34 PM
    Looking to start a Flight school business
  • 8. Ari said on 5/25/2009 10:40:25 PM
    I have already started a school in India which is doing extremely good. i am looking for someone who is interested to buy out completely or part. reason for sale; moving back to Aus. if you are serious and interested please email me your interest.
  • 9. rajeev chopra said on 6/22/2009 9:22:25 AM
    Hi Are, i am interested to buy a flying school but I would like to get he details about It. contact me 09829022256 , 09928139210
  • 10. Joseph Doway said on 6/29/2009 8:59:22 PM
    We are interested in starting a Flying Club and School on Antigua, West Indies. We are seeking investors. We already have the instructors and students. All we need are the investors.
  • 11. john tokunboh said on 7/22/2009 3:24:23 PM
    Please do you have laid out information on how to start a Flight School. I would appreciate any assistance I can get. Thanks. John Tokunboh
  • 12. Julius Indra said on 7/24/2009 1:09:56 AM
    I would like to start a Flight School. I am troubling to get the information, what should I prepare for start up? Please can you provide me all information regards the Start Up a Flight School. Many thanks. Julius Indra
  • 13. Joseph Doway said on 7/26/2009 11:29:40 PM
    Julius Indra, Please contact our office at islandflyingclub@yahoo.com. We should be able to work together to get something going. Where are you anyway?
  • 14. Joseph Doway said on 7/26/2009 11:32:49 PM
    We have done the research. I have had meetings with flight school owners, pilots, retired pilot and instructors. So I have the basic knowledge, especially since wiring Business Plans is my specialty. Contact me 1(268) 723 1935
  • 15. Adam Burton said on 7/31/2009 2:15:09 AM
    I am looking to start my own flight club within my existing aircraft maintenance firm (largest in Europe) and would like some feedback from anyone who owns an aircraft/runs a club on ideas and what is needed. Thank you all, Adam.
  • 16. Stephen Parrish said on 8/5/2009 4:41:46 PM
    I am looking at starting a part 61 flight school for LSA using Challenger Ultralights and eventually J-3 Cubs along with a pilot shop. Already have an airplane paint shop and looking for more information on starting the school. Thank you. Oh and if you are near Jacksonville, Florida and need planes painted can give you a good price
  • 17. Luis said on 8/14/2009 11:14:25 AM
    I am looking for information on how to start a flight school - how can I get at least a Cessna 172 (buy or rent) - types of insurance needed - capital - licenses - office space, step by step will be great - tks
  • 18. kory said on 8/19/2009 12:36:29 PM
    I am looking for the same info as most above. Just a step by step way of starting including insurance needed, licenses, etc. Thanks
  • 19. Dan said on 10/16/2009 8:37:29 PM
    How many hours would it take to break even per month owning a 172?
  • 20. Alan said on 10/17/2009 4:30:50 PM
    Flight School. For those interested in starting a flight school, should call me. I have info, business plans, type and costs. (815)814-3879. I have 30 years in aviation and would be willing to share the information.
  • 21. Pedro said on 10/27/2009 10:52:59 AM
    Luis, Kory, Dan, I would like to have your contact information and where you are located. if you have a chance to call me at 772-485-0627

Steven Parish, I would like to get to know your shop in Jacksonville.
    Please call me. Pedro
  • 22. Dave said on 10/31/2009 2:34:46 AM
    Hey Pedro, you in the Treasure Coast eh? I got a 772 number too lol. And yeah Steve I would love to come up some time and talk to you about it. I'm a CFI/II/MEI and work for SimCom Vero Beach Piper. Problem is I'm down in Stuart, FL... pretty far from Jax unless I have a Cirrus or a Matrix to commute in ;). You can get me at 772-485-1083 or at invertedspin85@gmail.com!
  • 23. George said on 11/3/2009 9:03:17 PM
    i would also like to start a part 61 school. maybe start out with a 152 and eventually move into 172's. would love some more information
  • 24. jerad rivera said on 12/8/2009 2:18:57 AM
    Hey would love some more info on this. San Antonio Texas. Please email me info on starting up a flight school. jeradrivera@ymail.com
  • 25. Sue said on 12/14/2009 10:04:19 AM
    Hi, I am interested in starting a rotocraft flight school with stability in the Phoenix area. I have basic business knowledge but would like more specifics...Have family members with CFIIs.. Any info would be appreciated. Sue
  • 26. Gurmeet Gill said on 1/1/2010 5:22:18 AM
    Hi i want to buy a running flying school in INDIA or United Kingdom. Any school for sale please contact me on 0044 781 88 55 333. Thanks
  • 27. Cpt.Praveenkaduthodil said on 1/3/2010 5:43:40 AM
    I want to buy flight school in India, Any school for sale please contact me on +63 9272675692 or i am ready to Buy share. kindly call me on +693 9272675692 or mail me at m2aeroflite@yahoo.com kindly call me. kindly call me on +63 9272675692
  • 28. Shawn said on 1/9/2010 12:25:12 AM
    I am interested in starting a flight school. Could anyone help me on how to start? My email address is shawnli2003@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.
  • 29. venu gopal rao said on 1/20/2010 4:56:26 AM
    i want to start flight school in india. any partners to invest money in that. mail me parisunath@gmail.com
  • 30. Anthony said on 1/29/2010 10:21:13 PM
    I would like to start a flight school. If anyone has any prior experience they are willing to share, it would be much appreciated. rockytrials@aol.com
  • 31. Shokar said on 3/3/2010 4:04:19 AM
    We have a Flying school in Vancouver, Canada for sale - Price $50,000 including aircraft and all operating stuff. If interested kindly e-mail at kamalshokar@hotmail.com
  • 32. manoj pillai said on 5/4/2010 7:28:06 AM
    I am a business consultant associating with a well reputed corporate law firm in India, have a very good platform to start up an aviation academy in Kerala, Changancherry. All the technical & other implementation can be done from my client including the land. interested genuine parties can approach at mano_sastha@yahoo.com
  • 33. PRAVIN said on 5/7/2010 9:11:41 AM
    I WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ABOVE NO 8 PERSON NAME IS ARI WHO WANT TO SALE FLYING SCHOOL WHICH IS SET UP IN INDIA
  • 34. PRAVIN said on 5/7/2010 9:13:54 AM
    I HAVE ALLOTTED RUNWAY AT AKOLA AIRPORT IN MAHARASHTRA INDIA I AM INTERESTED FOR PARTNERSHIP WITH AIRCRAFT OWNER OR JOINT VENTURE GROUP
  • 35. Gurmeet said on 5/7/2010 2:50:28 PM
    Hi Parvin, Could you contact me at gurmeetgill@hotmail.co.uk for full proposal. I am interested to invest in flying school.
  • 36. Pathy said on 5/17/2010 1:31:08 AM
    I would like to buy a flight school in India which currently operates well. Besides, if anybody wish to lease out the flight school may also contact me.
  • 37. ON THE HILL said on 5/20/2010 2:06:42 AM
    All flights schools in India will be closing soon, so dont hurry up and buy....it is the worst place to run a flight school...DGCA and the cleaners are corrupt to the core and need greasing the palm for everything. The schools have already been slapped with a humongous service Tax fee in crores. cheers
  • 38. Sunny said on 5/29/2010 1:42:48 AM
    I want to buy flying school in the states. Especially in middle and south bound of CA. I will bring students from Asia. Please kindly contact me if anyone want sale small size of flying school. e-mail:ppoginoh@hanmail.net
  • 39. Mansoor Khan said on 6/7/2010 7:19:24 AM
    Anybody interested in opening a Flying Training Academy (FTA) in India, can contact me at following number +919021895434 or mail me at mansoorkhan@kcmgi.com. We specialize in Aviation sector and can assist in airstrip acquisition, DGCA clearances, HR support, aircrafts acquisition and providing prospective students. We already are opening a FTA and are providing students to number of different FTA's.
  • 40. rishiraj said on 7/21/2010 4:25:11 AM
    hi am interested in partnership in a flying school or a new flying school/ my personal land is available for school, airstrip, parking of crafts etc.
  • 41. rishiraj said on 7/22/2010 4:03:09 AM
    contact me on rishiraj_singh2001@yahoo.com or on number:- 09456214666
  • 42. John said on 7/28/2010 1:30:25 AM
    I have a FAA part 141 with instructors and planes but lacking in students. I'm looking for partners in India, Taiwan, Korea that have access to fresh capital and students. I prefer a partnership in sharing cash flow. I can provide excellent training with 24 years of experience. Please let me know asap.
  • 43. rishiraj said on 7/29/2010 12:11:27 AM
    dear mr. john, kindly mail me all your details with what you looking for in india. my mail id is rishiraj_singh2001@yahoo.com
  • 44. nikita said on 8/4/2010 2:49:14 AM
    hi, this is nikita here. i want to start my own flying institute, in ajmer(Rajasthan)India. my personal land is available for school. please tell me the process that how we can start the flying institute.
  • 45. Hamdan said on 8/6/2010 1:48:40 PM
    i am planning to establish an aviation academy in the UAE. there are 4 flying academy. two of them not open for public just for contracts and the other two for contracts and individuals. i need a consultant to advice me
  • 46. Leo said on 8/9/2010 7:42:54 PM
    I have had a flight school in California USA since 1994. We are a well established business and have 8 aircraft (2 Robinson R44, 3 R22, 2 Cessna and 1 Piper) available for sale. Along with the school is a current client enrollment with approximately 700 hours future training schedules. All 8 aircraft, 2 fuel trucks, RHC Service Center/Dealership, FAA Tour Operator Certificate, Part 141 submitted and pending approval, great flying weather all year long. We have worked with students from India and throughout the world for many years. The school is for sale at $1.1m US. Complete. email me at leobellcas@gmail.com.
  • 47. Leo said on 8/9/2010 7:47:24 PM
    The company is for sale and averages over 2,000 hrs per year of revenue flying. Owner is an airline pilot and transferring out of state. We are willing to relocate the equipment or we can transition operations here in the USA. If you are looking for a quality flight school with an established training history, this is an 8 aircraft ready to fly today business for sale! Email leobellcas@gmail.com
  • 48. Bhanu Pratap Singh beginner adviser said on 8/10/2010 3:14:21 AM
    Hello everyone, i have my own flying school and charter business in australia for that i want one CFI, now i am looking forward to takeover / buy established flying school outside australia preferably India, Canada, USA, South Africa, Phillipines etc. If any interested party want to have partnership on share basis or would like to have joint venture can also contact me I have a vast resource of students as well from Asia specially. As i was going through above adds but they miss contact opportunities for business plan i would like to have contact with them if they can make out. Please contact me at bhanu.pratap@hotmail.com +91 9650339677 , +61 402031448

bhanu.pratap@hotmail.com || Consultant

• 49. Leo said on 8/10/2010 7:09:04 PM
    Bhanu, are you looking to buy a business or have a partner? California Aviation Services, Inc is my business and it is for sale in the USA. We are not looking for a partnership, simply selling the business. If you are interested, call me at 1-951-354-5274 ext 14. or email me leobellcas@gmail.com.
  • 50. Pathan said on 8/15/2010 4:09:11 AM
    Hi i want to buy a running flying school in any country. Any school for sale please contact me on bppathan@yahoo.com. Thanks
  • 51. SAM Jr said on 8/21/2010 4:55:22 PM
    I am about to kick off the first private flight training school in port harcourt, nigeria. I need serious partners/investors. if you are interested please send me a email:samdeks@yahoo.com, +2348035503947
  • 52. fatema said on 8/28/2010 3:49:31 AM
    i want to start an aviation institute, hence guide me with all the licensing & all other starting procedures.
  • 53. Steven said on 8/28/2010 12:14:48 PM
    I am in the process of writing a business plan for an Aviation Ground and Flight School in East Texas. I am at a stand still with this. I need some more information as to costs, liabilities, licenses, etc.
  • 54. aubrey visagie said on 8/31/2010 7:25:06 PM
    i want to start my own flying school in namibia, windhoek. what are the requirements I need info. Asap email me aubahh@yahoo.com
  • 55. Lior said on 9/6/2010 6:17:24 PM
    Hi Everybody, My name is Lior, I am hold a CFI, and CFII licenses, I'm from Florida. At this point I am looking for job opportunity as CFI, I am also consider to a person that just started a Flight School business for helping him/her to build the business. Contact with me for more information at noachlior@gmail.com
  • 56. Troy said on 9/6/2010 10:09:40 PM
    I have a flight school part 61 and in need of a part 141. Please contact me at troysarasota@gmail.com if a Part 141 is for sale or lease.
  • 57. A P Singh said on 9/25/2010 9:12:01 AM
    I am running an Air hostess training Institute in Punjab (India). I need a serious partner to start pilot training school. In which we will provide theory classes in India and practicals will be in that institute with which we will do the tie-up. Reputed Aviation schools from any country are requested to send their proposal early who like to start in India also or like to get students from India. Regards to all of you. A P Singh. 0091 98142 95333, apsingh@niiaht.com
  • 58. basim brhan said on 9/27/2010 6:06:13 PM
    i am looking to buy a flight school in bc canada basim112000@hotmail.com
  • 59. Ladislau Emiliano said on 10/1/2010 6:23:57 PM
    I am now open a private aviation school in Benguela-Angola. I need serious partners/investors. if you are interested please a mail to info@wingsofangola.com
  • 60. Leo said on 10/5/2010 12:46:04 AM
    We just reduced our flight school to $810,000US. This is a complete flight school with airplanes and helicopters included. We have FAA Operator Certification, RHC Dealership and Service Center Certification, and a lot more. All is included in the sale. If you are interested in a 15 year history successful flight school for sale; contact me. leobellcas@gmail.com
  • 61. Simon Menezes said on 10/18/2010 12:53:15 PM
    hi, i am a holder of a commercial pilot license...I own a C-172 IR rated aeroplane...Also i am planning to buy one c-152..Currently in i am in cebu, Philippines ..i have leased my aeroplane to a pilot training school in cebu...i would like to know if someone could advise me how much it costs to start a flying school in India as well as the requirements ...Also i am looking for a flying school that is operational ..i am even willing to run a school as a partner if possible ..so if anybody is interested in selling the school or if someone wants to offer me a partnership , i am willing to consider it..Please send yr queries to my email simonmenezes2007@yahoo.com or call me on my mobile +63 9292051119...My india number + 91 9945992809...Also if anybody is interested in buying aeroplanes please let me know..I can get you a plane for a very good price..My school here in Cebu has been buying and selling planes for more than 20 years now..Our prices are really cheap compared to others .regds...Simon...
  • 62. Simon Menezes said on 10/18/2010 12:59:13 PM
    hi nikita, can you please forward me you email id ? so that we can discuss about the flying school ? i am also looking to start a flight training school in india and i can supply aircrafts for a good price.. simon.. you can contact me on my email simonmenezes2007@yahoo.com
  • 63. Rehan From USA said on 11/7/2010 1:44:52 AM
    I would like to Contact Number 8 and 34. please contact me ASAP. I am visiting India.Please Contact me in India @ 08860956958, 08853265924, in USA 00-1-281-773-0941. Capt. Rehan Siddiqui 12600 Bissoneet Suite # 575 Houston, Texas USA. 77079. 00-1-281-773-0941 PH. 00-1-281-817-5862 Fax. sr.siddiqui@yahoo.com We want to invest as well open the flying club in India. Best Regard's Rehan.
  • 64. frank maynard said on 11/8/2010 9:13:56 PM
    Hi, I am located on the Caribbean islands of Antigua & Barbuda. I would like to setting up a flight school in partnership with a north american (CANADA & USA)flight school. Please send me any info you may have. Please forward my email address to any flight school willing to set up a campus in the Caribbean. Frank
  • 65. Eduardo said on 12/2/2010 6:40:29 PM
    I have a flight school in Mexico, and looking for a joint venture with a flight school in USA, for the first contact email me to emercadov@msn.com
  • 66. BP Singh said on 12/3/2010 5:35:29 AM
    We are interested in buying or setting up a flying school in Canada or Australia. Please mail at bpsingh50@yahoo.com or +91 99999013238
  • 67. Anna Kaynezhad said on 12/4/2010 3:30:11 PM
    We are interested in setting up a flying school in Iran. Please mail at kaynezhad@gmail.com or 0098 912 320 15 94 Best Regards
  • 68. David Schoppaul said on 12/12/2010 8:29:02 AM
    Anthem, AZ 85086. I am a commercial airline pilot looking to assist youth in my neighborhood have targeted goals. Flying has proved me with life skill sets. Instructing allows me an opportunity to give back. Would a non profit business plan work here.
  • 69. Patrick Murphy said on 12/12/2010 11:40:47 PM
    I have a client interested in buying a flight school in the USA. Sun Belt location. Part 141 + Sevis approval. Towered Airport. Email me at: usabacolod@yahoo.com.
  • 70. S.ASKY said on 12/29/2010 1:39:41 PM
    I am looking to start my own flight club OR interest to buy club in TAMILNADU - INDIA . mam Julius Indra did you received any data pl send to me. my email- aksyflyclub@gmail.com
  • 71. S.ASKY said on 12/29/2010 2:08:57 PM
    HELLO Parvin, Could you contact me at aksyflyclub@gmail.com for full proposal. I am interested to START/PART in flying school.
  • 72. Teddy Ocean said on 1/3/2011 9:14:49 PM
    I am looking for an investor to partner up with me for a flight school. I already have the facilities constructing and 40 students ready to sign up. I have been in the business for over 14 years and flew all over the world. I am an ex airforce pilot. looking forward to hearing from you soon. you can reach me at teddy@aviation2000.com
  • 73. CPS said on 1/21/2011 11:33:11 AM
    Part 141 Flight School for Sale / SEVIS approval for International students. PA28-140 / RC1 Elite simulator + aircrafts on lease Kansas City MO, possibility for relocating. Please call or email for further information info@careerpilotschool.com 415-490-8759
  • 74. Nasir said on 1/29/2011 12:16:16 PM
    Hi, we are seeking genuine partnership to aircraft owners particularly C206/208 for our air cargo operation in Asia region. We are acquiring our AOC soon (final phase in process) and are looking for option on technical investment on aircraft. kindly email to southernstar518@gmail.com
  • 75. tichaona lovejoy nikisingorima said on 2/4/2011 4:08:59 AM
    l am looking forward starting a flight school business in zimbabwe and further revive our aviation sector
  • 76. Fabian said on 2/12/2011 6:47:35 PM
    i want i open a flight school ..please i want same advices from owners or people are in project to open ...thanks in advance.... email me please grupoazteca100@gmail.com
  • 77. jerome said on 2/22/2011 12:55:00 AM
    Aero Training & Safety is establish in Malaysia (Kota Kinabalu) for 2 years. ATS is managing flying schools in Malaysia with a new concept and philosophy to be closer airlines "THE" end customer. We have decided to start a flying school in Philippines with the Chinese support (government and academy) and already customers all around Asia. Today we are looking for an investor to finalize everything. Feel free to contact me for more detail: j.aerotraining@gmail.com
  • 78. Desy said on 3/8/2011 7:32:46 PM
    We are intending to start a flight training school in Asia Pacific region. If anyone can help me with government AOC and paperworks in any country. Please let me know. Email me: desyafirmansyah@yahoo.com Thanks.
  • 79. Ajay pareek said on 3/12/2011 1:50:40 AM
    We intend to start flying academy at suitable location in western India. Need interested people from aviation/army background to contact for partnering with specific expertise in the field including commercial flying. You can contact thru given email id ajayspareek@yahoo.in
  • 80. Cornelis said on 3/14/2011 4:37:30 PM
    Hi, I want a dual flight school in Belgium (FAA on N reg planes) and Florida. Can u give us some help?
  • 81. Desy said on 3/16/2011 1:39:16 AM
    Cornelis, are you trying to set up a flying school or are intending to take a dual flight lessons? If you are setting up a dual flying school, Let me know.desyafirmansyah@yahoo.com
  • 82. Shiv Kumar said on 3/18/2011 7:12:40 AM
    i have a flying schools and i m looking for the partners who can send me students from other countries in India for SPL, PPL & CPL. Please mail me at info@blsaerospace.com
  • 83. Mansoor Khan said on 3/20/2011 5:46:38 AM
    I need partner for Flying School. Ready to give 60% stake in the company for Rs 2.5 crore. The progress so far:
    1. Airport in Maharashtra has been leased for 5 years.
    2. Layout plan for hanger is ready. Hanger land is allocated.
    3. All the necessary clearances from DGCA have been taken.
    4. Office space in Pune is ready and fully furnished.
    5. Got the quotation for planes and deal signed to procure them.
    Project report ready, interested party's please contact, Mansoor Khan, +919021895434, Mail ID: mansoorkhan@kcmgi.com.
  • 84. S.S.Jaffry said on 3/30/2011 5:24:45 AM
    we are interested to know the business possibilities in aviation sector including setting up an flying club or academy etc. Experience people which may contact with any good offer we are ready with funds and resources. Looking forward only for business in India not overseas. Regards, S.S.Jaffry, +091-9963267710/9246370570
  • 85. M J ARC said on 4/7/2011 2:54:03 AM
    I am from the philippines and I am planning to start up a flying school here .i am looking for a business partner . I my self is pilot and I have qualified instructor and mechanics .interested party may contact mjarc111@yahoo.com
  • 86. Darren B said on 4/8/2011 4:52:33 AM
    Hello. My partners and I are starting a flying academy in Malaysia and we are looking for financial capital to get it up and running. I already have the airport facilities sorted out and will be targeting the Asian cadet pilot market. For further information please email me at dsb1@netvigator.com. Thank you.
  • 87. HL v Linschoten said on 4/10/2011 3:05:54 PM
    Cornelis, please email me at leonard_van_linschoten@hotmail.com
  • 88. Anil Sinha said on 4/11/2011 7:38:55 AM
    Hello. I am from Nepal and have just started a flying school. In Nepal there is no flying school established yet. So I thought to do something unique.We need a partner. So anyone interested can E-mail me at:- ipts51@yahoo.com
  • 89. AAKASH RAO said on 5/17/2011 4:58:12 AM
    HELLO, I am PROGRAMMING a flying training and charter business as well in DELHI region (capital ) in india . the most revenue and money making place in india . land available , approvals works will be done in given parameter of time , . looking for well precise work in this field . CONCERNED INTERESTED PERSON. CONTACT ME : +91-9899109191 E-MAIL : RAOAKKS@GMAIL.COM
  • 90. Ved said on 5/21/2011 9:06:05 PM
    I am a Business Broker located in Los Angeles area. I just sold a Flight School in Southern California. I had several inquiries from potential qualified buyers with aviation background from all over the world. Many of them made a trip here to look at this flight school and meet with the sellers. I am working with all these potential buyers to find them a flight school anywhere in U.S.A. If you own a flight school in U.S.A.and are considering selling your business or taking on a partner, please contact me to discuss this matter. Ved@Business-Team.com
  • 91. Fabian said on 6/17/2011 8:28:05 AM
    dear people here...please i would like infos of possibility lease aircrafts like cessna 152(from USA) example to start my flying school in MEXICO ... thanks in advance
  • 92. Vivek Gangwar said on 6/17/2011 3:44:40 PM
    @Mr AAKASH RAO I do not think that you can get permission to open flying club in Delhi(capital).
  • 93. ali nabil said on 6/18/2011 9:04:16 AM
    i need a partner for flight school in hungary, i need just 2 cessna and i have all else i am from egypt. alexandria
  • 94. Ben Williams said on 7/17/2011 10:37:49 PM
    I am starting the flight instruction part of the business for our new FBO operator in Gallatin, Tn. I need links to sample business plans and any advise on whether it should be a subsidiary LLC or operate as part of the FBO business. Ideas?
  • 95. George said on 7/24/2011 4:39:23 PM
    I have a flight school for sale (part or all of it) in Europe does any one knows any potential buyer?
  • 96. Tomas said on 8/1/2011 1:09:56 AM
    Hi George, Would you please send me the detail of your flying school, purchase options and government approvals. thanks. By the way you can e-mail it to me at: thesafeflyer@yahoo.com
  • 97. Brian said on 8/2/2011 10:51:31 AM
    I'm going to open a flight school along with my airline in Cambodia. I'm only 2 months away from my AOC . I am in need of a investor/partner for the part of my business. There was one successful flight school in Cambodia a few years ago but at that time the government was only looking at getting bribes and money. Now all that has changed. And I'm going to bring back GA to Cambodia along with my airline. aerocambodia@yahoo.com
  • 98. Capt.Virendra Kumar said on 8/13/2011 1:37:52 AM
    Hi I am looking for person who have running Aviation Business- Flying School or Charter Service or Airlines for sale.Specially in India if someone want to sale Flying School, please contact me on 0091-9824879997.or Email Me : thehimalayagroup@gmail.com.
  • 99. NITIN said on 8/16/2011 2:50:05 AM
    i want to start flight training academy western maharastra india .i need 3 cessna 152 and two cessna 172 on dry lease basis .interested parties ,owner send their proposal to me on nbarapate@yahoo.com ASAP.
  • 100. NITIN BARAPATE said on 8/18/2011 11:13:25 PM
    hi everyone, i am nitin from mumbai maharashtra .me and my friend capt biren shortly open an flying club(FTA) in maharashtra .we need three C172 SP aircrafts in good conditions and as per dgca requirements for FTA .interested parties or owner can contact me directly to +919021241515 or mail me laxmiflyingclub@hotmail.com
  • 101. mike burume said on 8/27/2011 10:31:08 AM
    Cessna 172N owmner, with heavy experience in flight training management. Ready to invest the cessna into a School as partner any where. can consider lease or selling option of this Clean and Low time engine aircraft. Serious people, contact me . Tel: +39 3484244952 ( Italy )
  • 102. Susmita said on 8/31/2011 4:06:56 PM
    Our company is Interested in investing in aviation academy . Pls contact us with detailed proposal. Tx. Simi88@gmail.com
  • 103. Zed Demiris said on 10/26/2011 8:16:29 AM
    Looking for technical partners to guide huge investments in the aviation sector. Potential Partners can email zedemiris@yahoo.com
  • 104. Capt. Ranesh Dangol said on 11/2/2011 10:34:38 AM
    Hi everyone, I have set up a new airline company to operate R 44 raven II helicopter in Nepal for the commercial flights.E.g joy flight, rescue flight, hydro survey team flight, areal flight, corporates flight etc etc... One brand new R 44 has been already reached in kathmandu and we are in process for assemble. Currently we are in search for R 44 rated mechanic, who likes to be the part of our company. Please write us to info@muktinathairlines.com with the full details.
  • 105. Yannick ILLE said on 12/3/2011 11:51:16 PM
    CFI/CFII with 2000 hours looking to invest in a flight school. Contact me with your proposals.
  • 106. menon said on 12/5/2011 8:05:35 AM
    i also very much experienced in airline industry. i am interested to start a flight school, in pune or kerala. any body is interested please contact klkhi@rediffmail.com
  • 107. joseph said on 12/7/2011 8:19:05 AM
    Hi,am Joseph.I am an instructor.Am planing to start a flight school here in Kenya.I have identified an ideal location for the proposed business.Am looking for a partner to work together.If interested please contact me on ngetheka@yahoo.com
  • 108. Capt. saurabh singh mehlawat said on 12/12/2011 12:39:30 PM
    It is great to know that so many people are having the same interest of having their own flying school. no wonder that Indian market today has a great potential. Being a Pilot (ATPL), i know the joy of flying and that everyone has dreamt of it sometime in their life. I have great ideas and capital to invest in my dream. Anyone who's interested in owning a flying club (in partnership), one of its own kind, welcome to contact me via e-mail : mehlwat.saurabh23@gmail.com.
  • 109. Islam Hamid said on 1/3/2012 12:03:18 AM
    I am looking to start up an air taxi business in Cairo Egypt will operate with Cessna Caravan 208B and looking for pilots/partners. if interested email me at islam_cis@hotmail.com
  • 110. Leo said on 1/23/2012 3:47:20 PM
    We are looking to partner with recruiters in India or China. We have an FAA Approved 141 airplane and helicopter flight school in Southern California with 2 locations. Commissions paid for recruitment. Please contact me via email.
  • 111. Bonolo said on 2/14/2012 5:55:35 PM
    Hi,I need to start my own aviation school and carter airline in north west or limpopo South Africa, need finance. Have been to CAA,done business plan.
  • 112. Peter said on 2/15/2012 4:22:46 PM
    We are looking for Agents from India and Asia (Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam as well as from Africa etc.) to send Students to New Zealand to obtain CPL MEIR within max 14 months. We are also looking for Airline Operators that would like to possibly start a joint venture with our established Flying Academy. If interested contact me via email at pe791@hotmail.com
  • 113. Murat said on 3/8/2012 3:16:31 AM
    We are planning to start a flight school in Turkey which will include both aircraft and helicopter trainings. For single engine aircraft, we have Diamond DA20-C1 Eclipse on our minds. Anyone (especially in Europe) who is interested in taking part in such a business or the aircraft owners willing to sell us above mentioned type, please contact me. muratmd@ttmail.com
  • 114. Marvin Sekar said on 3/23/2012 11:17:52 AM
    just wanted to know the details regarding the total cost to open a flight school in india. and what will be the step by step process in doing so?
  • 115. shaktisinh jadeja said on 6/9/2012 10:17:33 AM
    i would like to open a new flying school so pl give me a full details i started flying school at gujarat in india
  • 116. Sameer Share said on 6/10/2012 10:41:02 AM
    I need to know if any flight schools for sale especially in Florida?
  • 117. Jeet Mandair said on 7/3/2012 11:25:28 AM
    I own a flight school near Vancouver, Canada. If someone is interested in opening a new flight training school, please remember that rules are essentially similar in all countries. Safety is the main focus as students life is entrusted to the school and the instructor. It is a great business for young pilot with small family. The biggest cost to operate a quality institution is maintenance of aircrafts, fuel and staffing. If systems are set up properly, governance and reporting of regulations can be pretty easy. I will be pleased to provide assistance to someone truly willing and able to start up a school. Jeet Mandair 1-604-644-2222 jmandair@getpilotwings.com
  • 118. Exaud Malya said on 7/16/2012 5:01:09 AM
    Hi, I am looking for a serious partner to start a Pilot Training School in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, East Africa. The school will provide training on both Aircraft and Helicopter. If interested contact me via email: exaudmalya@yahoo.co.uk or call me +255 754 390402 for more details.
  • 119. Alphonce Ndar said on 8/2/2012 5:38:01 AM
    We are a group of middle age and looking forward to starting an aviation school. We'd appreciate professional advice on this.
  • 120. Gokul Aggarwal said on 9/6/2012 8:14:30 AM
    we out right buy and new setup flying school please contact me +919811890871, e-mail-kamakshijewels@yahoo.com
  • 121. Capt.Virendra Panchal. said on 10/13/2012 12:32:15 PM
    It is very interesting many people are ready to start some project regarding aviation. Why can we start it shortly! New Boom is ready to come and I am really interested to start one World Class Flying Academy in Gujarat. Please who are interested to invest and want to join hand please contact me on my email.viponnet@gmail.com
  • 122. NAGIB ELALLAGI said on 10/27/2012 6:13:46 PM
    I am the owner of "Alkibra Technical Services Co." and I'm looking to start an Air-Taxi Service in Tripoli - Libya. Anybody interested can call me at 00218913688732 or email:alkibra"gmail.com
  • 123. Alexander Stellas said on 11/14/2012 3:27:25 PM
    I am the owner of a flight school in South Europe. I have everything ready and approved to operate for an FTO. Even the accommodation for the International students. If you want a cooperation or want to buy the school please contact me.
  • 124. chetan chhabra said on 11/25/2012 5:43:29 AM
    Hi everyone, with the knowledge in flight training i acquired from US , I am keen on opening a flight training school in India , preferably in Pune or Gurgaon . I am looking for real investors to help me with my project. I would welcome anyone interested with their ideas in the field of Pilot Training school and being partners in starting the best school India could ever have. Please email me at chetanchhabra85@gmail.com
  • 125. Shivam Rohilla said on 11/27/2012 6:22:56 AM
    Hello Everyone, I want to setup a new aviation Helicopter company specially for medical evacuation services in India after realizing the importance of quick connectivity to the nearest hospitals from the sites not accessible due to jam or unavailability of proper roads. This company can be a charitable trust also funded by any NGO. I want a person who can support me financially, who can give a chance to fresher in this aviation services. I am working in a Helicopter company in Quality control department. I assure you I will prove myself. Thanks & Regards, Shivam Rohilla, 9085821047 shivamrohilla@gmail.com
  • 126. David said on 12/2/2012 11:42:47 AM
    Looking to open up a flight school? I have a great opportunity in Victoria BC for you. Building, hanger, aircraft available to lease or buy. Expand to Canada or start here! Call David Kinsella, Aviation Consultant. 250-891-9009
  • 127. Yannick ILLE said on 1/20/2013 5:14:24 AM
    If you are interested to start a flight school in Indonesia, contact me. I have an indonesian instructor license and 3200 hours
  • 128. Kenneth Anate Oudah said on 1/26/2013 2:47:41 PM
    Hi @Alexander Stellas, Please contact me at stayupaviation@yahoo.com or call +2348033877951 we can deal!
  • 129. Kenneth Anate Oudah said on 1/26/2013 3:05:06 PM
    I own Stay Up Aviation School with two centers in Nigeria: Ibadan, Oyo State and Ikire Osun State. We run basic training in technical courses like Pilot Flight Dispatcher and Aeronautical Engineering and also run full training in the aviation management courses. We have good history with Oyo state Government and other Known Organization especially on scholarship level. We seek Investors or Partnership from any company or serious individual. email stayupaviation@yahoo.com +2348033877951
  • 130. Matt said on 2/12/2013 8:59:44 PM
    I am from South America, already own a FS in Argentina, and looking to buy a Flight School in the US. Needs to be FAA Part 141 and SEVIS approved. Send email with relevant info (location, permits, fleet, assets, annual gross income, and asking price), and contact info.- I´m serious buyer. Need to buy soon.
  • 131. JASON said on 3/23/2013 6:08:08 PM
    LONG BEACH CALIFORNIA USA 90807 001-562-363-6406. We are an FAA Part 141 Flight School looking for agents to represent us in Indonisia, India, Philippines, Nigeria, and Europe. If you are experienced and accredited please get in touch. We pay very very good commission rates. Jason
  • 132. Akram B khan said on 4/3/2013 6:53:02 AM
    I want own flying club start in aurangabad in maharashtra. I am switchgear manufacturer pls help me
  • 133. Prakhar said on 4/5/2013 12:15:15 AM
    Investors are required for a busy flying training institute in North India. The club is having good number of students and is interested in expanding its fleet with some single and multi engine aircraft's including glass cockpit. If anybody is interested then let me know through my e-mail: prakhar142@rediffmail.com
  • 134. George said on 4/6/2013 6:53:47 PM
    Investors are required for an EASA flight school in south Europe.
  • 135. MOHAMED MALEMBO said on 4/20/2013 11:37:33 AM
    Is Flight School applicable in Africa especially Tanzania?..I request any funder for the investment since is a peaceful one and very rich in attractive touristic sites like Udzungwa. Please mail or contact through malembom@yahoo.com/ +255 (0) 657029036
  • 136. Dhanushka Marasinghe said on 5/5/2013 8:00:59 AM
    I would like to arrange funds and joint as a partner for who are going to start a Flying school or Aviation service. i have relationship with So many Investors.
    contact me skype : dhanuska_03112
    Email : dhanushka03112@gmail.com
  • 137. Charit Mathur said on 5/6/2013 4:05:54 AM
    I'am operating a Flying School Training Academy in North India. I am looking for a joint venture/partnership/takeover to expand in aviation training field. Also looking forward for Charter services investors in North India. Interested parties may contact me on charitm@gmail.com or +919889003204
  • 138. sukhjit said on 8/4/2013 9:37:35 PM
    Interested in aviation charter business in canada, I am based in toronto.
  • 139. Desy said on 10/26/2013 9:44:27 AM
    Hi Yannick Ille, why don't we discus about setting up a flying school in Indonesia. desyafirmansyah@yahoo.com
  • 140. Smistl said on 11/24/2013 10:36:57 AM
    Helicopter CFI (US) located now in Europe is looking for Flight School for a partnership. Bring my own students with me. Please contact me under smistl@hotmail.com
  • 141. Harikesh Bhagat said on 12/16/2013 10:49:47 AM
    I'm planning flying school in India, and am also having trouble to finding start-up information. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the article!
  • 142. Om Guru Shivanand said on 12/28/2013 10:30:33 AM
    I am a Spiritual Guru. I am running an Ashram . I want to start my own Flying Institute near Aurangabad City , Maharashtra State , India. I can fulfill all the requirements regarding this .Pl. guide me accordingly .
  • 143. Gloria Caldwell said on 1/19/2014 6:56:43 AM
    I sold some of my inherited belongings and deposited the sum in the bank, thank God for this opportunity I want to start my own flying school and invest the money there.
  • 144. Dr Ramesh Ojha said on 2/17/2014 10:45:25 AM
    I am a medical person and I am interested in ' start air ambulance service' in uttarpradesh ,India. Can any body help.
  • 145. Dwain said on 3/12/2014 1:26:43 PM
    I advise anyone who reads the comment here to ignore joseph doway comments and do not contact or send him monies of any sort and do not donate any thing, i was a former student at the flight training facility( island aviation aero club)none of our instructors stay more than a month because they were not being paid and the civil aviation authority did not give him permission to train in Antigua. He was the president and long story short it was a big scam he took the students monies and bought a plane and he claims in court that he also fenced the property for the aero club with it. This was three years ago and i am still in court with him to date.
  • 146. Marc Peitler said on 6/11/2014 4:15:05 AM
    Hello, I want to start up a Flight school in California. I hold an EASA CPL/IFR AMEL and ASEL and take an education as FAA CFI,CFII and MEI as well. I know a lot of people in Austria who wants to fly in California for fun and for get an FAA-PPL or FAA-CPL. Thats one of more reasons why I want to starting up a Flight school. Can you help me with more information, how can I start a Flight school in US and to make business plan? Thank you so much for your efforts. Have a great day. Marc
  • 147. Young said on 6/18/2014 7:51:55 PM
    Hi I work as an agent to bring students from Korea for a flight school in California and deal with flight airplanes and parts trade overseas in a good price. Also I look for 141 school for sale to operate my own.
  • 148. Federico flyfede said on 6/20/2014 1:00:11 AM
    Hello @Marc, i'm a training manager of an EASA ATO (italian) and we are looking to open a company to operate as FAA flight School to create a partnership for european pilot training and FAA there. We have a great airport available to support us, if you are interested to create serious partnership we could evaluate it. Contact me via email confofede@gmail.com. Best regards.
  • 149. Taufiq Firmansyah said on 7/13/2014 5:40:56 AM
    Hello Everyone, a Part 121 (regular >30 pax) and Part 135 135 (small <30 pax) air operator's certificate (AOC) are being offered for sale in Indonesia. Current aircrafts are Part 121: 5 x Fokker 50s , Part 135: 1 x Cessna 208 and 2 x Cirrus SR 20/22. We have routes, some pilots, engineers, cabin crews , aircraft dispatchers, networks and markets. Permitted to serve domestic and international routes. Manuals are complete. Please contact me at , taufiqpilot@rocketmail.com . Thank you.
  • 150. Ahmed said on 8/10/2014 8:48:16 AM
    Hello, i want to buy already established flight school, hope you help me .
  • 151. ashutosh rout said on 8/17/2014 9:51:32 AM
    Hello everyone.m ashutosh from orissa ,an Indian citizen .want to ESTABLISH/BUY a flying school, aviation training center in india. interested parties/investors/aviation experts are welcome to join me. please feel free to discuss with me as i'm from aviation background. INVESTMENT ll be 50:50, 75:25(as per discussion) ratio and profit sharing ll be same. i ll manage everything starting from accusation/leasing of airfield, buying/leasing of training aircraft's(cessna 172,cessna152), infrastructure, admission of students through counseling as i hv rich contacts in same field. can take care of legal issues .contact me for more details ashutoshrout09@gmail.com,+91-9674726293.
  • 152. Mansoor Khan said on 9/17/2014 7:22:34 AM
    Hello, I am presently operating fully functional Flying Training School in Maharashtra. Looking for JV partners for expansion and takeover. A complete detail will be given to interested parties, please respond with your complete profile at mansoorkhan@kcmgi.com or call at +91-9975748664.
  • 153. Taufiq said on 3/31/2015 2:46:23 AM
    A flying school part 141 is offered for sale in Indonesia. Assets 2 x Cessna 172s (owned) some small office equipments. Others, 2 x Cessna 172 (leased). Offered at US$ 0.75million . Contact me at: taufiqpilot@rocketmail.com
  • 154. aakash said on 4/22/2015 6:45:32 AM
    Hello, I am Aakash Kumar, would like to help interested person who wants to open flying schools in India. Have a very good project ready. interested person can contact me @ kumaraakash1987@gmail.com
  • 155. CAPT NASIR AHMED said on 6/2/2015 6:16:11 AM
    Hi Marc, I am Capt Ahmed. We are coming up with a big project of opening up a flying school in California Shortly.. kindly contact me on nasir2912@hotmail.com with your exact requirements please.. Regards. Capt AHMED
  • 156. y v rao said on 1/18/2016 10:56:00 AM
    on behalf of your university, aviation training courses to be start. please guide us how to establish ,how to save in buying training flights,and simulator etc. near our university therein is air strip build in world war.
  • 157. Prasad Reddy said on 1/23/2016 1:32:34 PM
    It is very interesting to see so many JV opportunities from India and Asia to associate with US flight schools. No one here mentioned about the visa requirements for the Asian students to come and train in US schools. Any details ?
  • 158. mc said on 1/5/2017 10:00:03 PM
    Hello, I am interesting in buying an existing flying school in canada or invest in an existing flying school. please contact me at chyxmd@gmail.com. Thank you.