How to Start Maize Farming

Maize farming may be a simple business to start but behind it are requirements needed to gain success. Knowing the fact that maize is commonly used in different area especially as a food supply to a lot of countries.

It actually takes a lot of years to gain experience in maize farming or any kind of crop you want to farm.

It actually need at least 3 years of experience to be successful and if you do not have enough experience you can start by applying as an apprentice in a farm and learn some skills of a farmer.

Managing a maize farm is not that easy, it takes a lot of effort and some risk especially if you do not have money to start maize farming. You can ask financial assistance from your local bank. But before doing so, you need to be familiarized with the kind of job you need to face everyday in maintaining a farm.

After you have acquired skills, you may now start searching for your financial resources. You may need to get a loan to start maize farm. You will be needing equipment and farm tractors, or as a start up you can actually rent machines and equipment.

If you are currently working in a company, you may not need to resign your job, of course as a newbie with this kind of business you need to back up things just in case something may go wrong along the way. But as soon as you see the need for a full time management on your farm and it is on the way to success, you may give up your outside job and focus more on your maize farm.

There are things you need to prepare in growing and preparing your farm which is written below:

• Preparation of the land
  • Sowing
  • Cleaning and other tasks
  • Harvest
  • Post-harvest
  • Storage and conservation of seed for the next growing season
  • Shelling and selection of the seed-grain
  • Marketing

The last bullet is marketing which is the most critical part of the business. If you are a new farmer you need to take time to prepare marketing plan. You may need to learn the “4 Ps” in marketing which includes Product, Pricing, Promotion and Placement.

As for product, maize is known to be one of the in demand crop in any country so you may not need to worry about it because you are producing maize which is very useful and the demand is high now days.

In pricing, you need to be extra careful on how much you will sell your product, you need to consider everything you have spend including services, maintenance and other expenses you have incurred from the beginning.

Promotion usually starts with the wholesalers and price takers. Given the fact that wholesalers do not have full control of the product and the price, it will make production and distribution important. Wholesalers who are successful in promoting the product are those who add services on their product. And as for placement or distribution, the wholesaler may put up an outlet where identified market and buyers are within the area which will determine if you are successful or not in your maize farm after you have successfully established your maize and distribute it on your market and buyers.

• 1. Tshego sentsho said on 10/30/2009 8:29:15 AM
    Thanks for the great info but i'd like to know which other places i could in to for help on how to start.
  • 2. RICHARD K.KIPTUI said on 11/30/2009 8:45:06 AM
    i am in kenya Rift valley, i need weather help on cotton farming.
  • 3. Frank McGuigan said on 12/1/2009 9:04:53 AM
    I am in Branchport, Yates, NY 14418. I would like to start a maize farm, any advices for me?
  • 4. Uwitonze Patrick said on 12/3/2009 5:44:44 AM
    i wish to start maize farming in Central province, Zambia
  • 5. asha.mhatre said on 12/20/2009 4:27:40 PM
    I HAVE 50 ACRE OF LAND IRRIGATED LAND CAN GROW GOOD QUALITY OF MAIZE SOME TIME RATE UP & DOWN SO I HAVE TO STORE IT PROTECTING FROM MOISTERE & INSECTS PROCEDURE FOR DRYING & STORING
  • 6. colette mbunga mbansu said on 1/2/2010 6:25:17 PM
    i have 40 acre of land in bas-congo, one of democratic republic of congo's province. I would like to start a business farming of maize. Could you please give me any advice?
  • 7. RICHARD ANANE said on 1/25/2010 5:41:22 AM
    am a young man who what to start the maize business in ghana in the west africa, what advice will you give me to get started. thank you, best regards, richard
  • 8. peter said on 2/7/2010 8:24:47 PM
    I'm looking for a committed partner in commercial Maize and rice farming in either coastal region Tanga or Morogoro in Tanzania through Irrigation. If you are Interested please let me know how to reach you.
  • 9. JACKSON NDIRITU WANARUA said on 3/19/2010 3:42:42 AM
    I am planing to start maize farming in central Kenya and i need help on process especially fertilizer to use, herbicides and breed of maize.
  • 10. Kabelo .j. Morokotso said on 3/31/2010 10:53:01 AM
    I am planing to start maize farming in Botswana Mochudi lands its a 19 hectors and i need help on process especially fertilizer to use, herbicides and breed of maize. Thanks
  • 11. chembe kavimba said on 4/6/2010 10:18:14 AM
    I need to start farming maize i have 177 hectors of land. i want to use only 50 hectors and want to run a poultry for about 2000 birds i need a business plan to access finance am in zambia the farm is located in serenje near mkushi
  • 12. Moses Simwaka said on 4/6/2010 2:43:52 PM
    I have approximately 550 hectors of land and I want to clear 20ha and grow maize, also run a poultry for 2000 birds and piggery. I need advise and a business plan. The farm is situated between Mpika and Kasama.
  • 13. mbugua kamau said on 4/9/2010 7:41:03 PM
    would you please outline the procedure to be followed to ensure maximum and best growth of the maize crop.
  • 14. alex p mgalla said on 4/12/2010 6:20:16 AM
    i am farmer. my farm is located at handeni tanzania. please assist me with the advice on how to start maize farming including keeping animals like cows and goats.
  • 15. Munir Dantata said on 4/27/2010 9:55:38 AM
    You can't read the details? It says it all what you need to start your business! Just do it.
  • 16. Ghazali Sanusi said on 5/12/2010 5:19:14 AM
    am a young farmer from northern part of nigeria, pls help me wit what a maize farmer suppose to harvest per hecter.
  • 17. Daya Krishinchand said on 5/16/2010 1:29:14 PM
    kindly provide me with planting specifications and crop yields for maize in RSA.
  • 18. SUNDAY OGESE said on 5/26/2010 3:57:23 PM
    How many bags of 50kg can I get from a 10 hecter of Land.
  • 19. Ken Mollo said on 5/27/2010 6:26:04 AM
    I am an agricultural project manager in Uganda Mukono and i just ventured into commercial large scale maize growing. I want to have a great harvest.
  • 20. Evans mungai said on 5/31/2010 8:05:22 AM
    Am, a small scale farmer, from Riftvalley province, in Trans Nzoia district, the biggest problem am facing is the pest which attacks maize during the storage period, tell me the best method to use.
  • 21. phumelele said on 6/9/2010 9:05:29 AM
    i want to produce maize at material in eastern cape province south africa. i have available area of 60ha under dry land
  • 22. Abdulkabir Lawal said on 6/14/2010 5:56:52 PM
    please advice on what to do in terms of maize, casava, yam, pepper, and vegetables banana plantation and more importantly, please advice me on how to maintain my palm tree plantation, what can i do to keep it healthy, for me to re-coop my investment.
  • 23. Edwin Doe said on 6/18/2010 12:48:16 PM
    please advise on what to do in terms of maize plantation and during storage and more importantly, please advise me on how to maintain my mango plantation. what can i do to keep it healthy, for me to re-coop my investment, thank you.
  • 24. Maila Rabson said on 6/29/2010 3:03:02 AM
    I live in Lusaka Zambia and have a 9Hectors land. for the start i would like to grow maize on 3 hectors. But what i wish to know the following: On a good yield how many bags of maize can come from a hector.
  • 25. colette mbunga mbansu said on 7/1/2010 4:58:47 PM
    I am about to start preparing 6 hectare soil to plant maize in bas-congo province in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Any advise on how to get on well with this project?
  • 26. Yonah said on 7/5/2010 4:54:25 AM
    want to start farming maize in zimbabwe
  • 27. Abdullahi Suleiman said on 7/5/2010 10:24:58 AM
    I am a maize farmer in Zaria, Nigeria, and will like you to please help me some information on how increase my yield. Thanks a lot.
  • 28. HEMANT GARUD said on 7/6/2010 10:46:43 AM
    i want some videos of maize farming i mean from start to end how it would be done and what stuff required for it i want to know everything about it plz send me the videos or their links. thanking you
  • 29. michael said on 7/13/2010 5:31:25 AM
    I am 23 years old and i wanted to start maize farming for commercial purposes. Is a one and a half acre land. how do i start about, coz i have never done farming, but i am very interested in doing it. thanks Mwatate district, kenya
  • 30. mlungisi mbanjwa said on 7/17/2010 10:57:43 AM
    i am a 33yr old male with lots of interest in commercial maize farming. land is not a problem as my community agreed to give me their land. is there any possible funding. south africa eastern cape.
  • 31. innocent said on 7/31/2010 11:50:30 AM
    i am very happy to find this site, i farm a lot of maize and cassava, here in benue state Nigera, in a year i do harvest about 500 bags of maize, and hectors of cassava. my only problem is the marketing, pls help me look for buyer i will be grateful. this year by November i will be expecting 300 bags.
  • 32. oto said on 8/2/2010 5:27:11 AM
    hi I'm a young man of limited resources in Lusaka, Zambia interested in starting farming and I really need to know how to start off well enough so that I can later expand. I think I can find a loan but I don't want to waste any of the money so I would really appreciate your help. thank you Lusaka, Zambia
  • 33. zanelle said on 8/4/2010 8:52:58 AM
    i wanna know what is needed when planting maize and the cost for each for an example cost form the seed and labor and transport every thing actually and other useful information please ill be glad to get the information as soon as possible thanks
  • 34. MASABA said on 8/10/2010 8:53:35 AM
    I intend to start some maize farming as a business in western kenya particularly Mumias , please help me in identifying the right seeds, fertilizer [s]and seasons ie rainfall distribution throughout the year, thanks in advance.
  • 35. Claire Shatembo said on 9/8/2010 7:13:04 AM
    I need to start maize farming, poultry and piggery. Please advise on how best i can do it.
  • 36. kwaku sarfo said on 9/11/2010 6:25:15 PM
    i am a young man of 34 years, and i have farmed for about 30 hectors of maize. And planing to go for more but my problem is the tractor and implement. Is there any help to get the tractor in credit basis.
  • 37. Isaac said on 9/14/2010 5:52:38 AM
    Hi, I am in Limpopo province South Africa. I want to start maize farming. I would like to know what should I do for land preparation, which fertilizer to use and which brand of maize grains to plant.
  • 38. Rajesh pd chaudhary said on 9/20/2010 5:40:47 AM
    i got very excited by knowing all the process about maize farming but actually what i want is the more growing capacity of maize.
  • 39. syarifuddin nasution said on 10/6/2010 2:00:24 AM
    we are going to open the maize plantation about 1000 hectar with a minimum result l0 tons per ha. also how do we divided the land of 1000 ha so that we have road for mobilization doing the job. for pre and past harvest. thanks for your assistance.
  • 40. chilekwa kapelembe said on 10/9/2010 6:24:39 AM
    i'm in the central province of zambia,i have 4hectors of land that i would like to use for maize farming i need information on how to go about maize farming
  • 41. samuel wangari said on 10/22/2010 11:00:08 AM
    how many sacks can 2 1/2 acres produce when growth is average
  • 42. nawa nawa said on 10/23/2010 1:22:19 AM
    I have a 5 heactere land in kapiri mposhi central province of zambia and would like some more information about maize farming. please give us more details
  • 43. Gilbert Kimathi said on 11/22/2010 10:10:53 PM
    Hi, Am planning to starting maize farming in Kitale Kenya and am planning to start with 1 acre of land. Kindly help on this planning as follows; Estimated cost(land+seeds+lavour), Expected harvest on average, The best seeds to plant and where to obtain them. thanks
  • 44. ABDULRASAQ T OLAOYE said on 11/30/2010 6:07:10 AM
    how should i staring maize farming on my own and have i fine harvesting
  • 45. JOSEPH NYASETIA said on 12/4/2010 1:26:53 PM
    I have tried maize farming in Eldoret -kenya for the last three years, but the yields are not impressive. What should i do in terms of soil testing, type of fertilizer to use, and the estimated yield per acre?
  • 46. mohammed said on 12/30/2010 3:52:46 PM
    hello, i am a new farmer.i did not fertilize when sowing the maize seeds, now that they are germinating,could i fertilize as top dressing? secondly,the new shoots are destroyed by crows and wild ducks and ginea fowls. what could i do to help save my crop? thirdly, labour here in south africa(kzn area) is a mission. what chemical and when do i use to control grass and weeds? many thanks mohammed
  • 47. Paul Acheri said on 1/4/2011 3:34:00 AM
    i want to start a commercial maize farming in eastern Equatoria state ,south sudan. i want a practical guide like fertilizer to use,and the right season of planting. Thanks
  • 48. al-faisal haque said on 1/17/2011 4:57:20 AM
    want to be updated with latest issues related with maize business. ie. how the coming weather condition is going to impact on the production of the maize n feasibility & prospect of this business in accordance with poultry business.
  • 49. danaa said on 1/24/2011 2:43:11 PM
    i have about 850 acres of registered farm land in ghana, west africa. Im looking for serious investors to partner with.
  • 50. Emmanuel Mutonhori said on 2/7/2011 11:29:41 AM
    may i please have stages and requirements in maize farming. Betreace in Zimbabwe
  • 51. Ezugwu Christian said on 2/16/2011 10:15:02 AM
    I have two hectares of land in Mokoloko,Ogun State, Nigeria. Please i will like to know the quantity of herbicide, fertilizer and insecticide to use. Please, add any other helpful information.
  • 52. Kwabena said on 2/18/2011 4:34:07 AM
    I have 50 hectares of land in Techiman, Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana. I would like to start maize plantation. I would like to know all the information i may need with respect to quantity and types of chemicals and others.
  • 53. Mwanje H. Moses said on 3/28/2011 12:27:40 PM
    Kindly avail me with inform on maize farming. i do have 50 acres of land in central Uganda and would wish to involve into this business.
  • 54. Femi Joseph said on 4/27/2011 10:52:09 AM
    The farm will be located in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. The farm is expected to be use for Maize, Beans and Guinea corn of 500 bags each. Thanks
  • 55. Amiel Samuel said on 4/28/2011 10:02:02 AM
    Hi, Am planning to starting maize farming in Morogoro Region, Tanzania and am planning to start with 50 acre of land. Please, kindly help me on the way forward n planning and execution of intended project in terms of good seed sand pesticides. thanks
  • 56. kizito martin senkya said on 5/3/2011 5:08:40 AM
    Intend to start a maize growing business in Uganda central region. i would like you people to help me identify the best quality seeds, fertilizers and chemicals to use and may be the possible market abroad. thanks Martin
  • 57. David Shija said on 5/5/2011 3:34:40 AM
    Hi, am Tanzanian living in Der es salaam,am planning to start maize farming at Mtwala Region southern part of tanzania.I have 80 acres of land but i want to start with 10 acres only. Please guide me in all the steps,starting with best seed,spaces from plant to plant and pesticides.And i need to know how many kg can be needed for one acre.Thanks.
  • 58. Eric Ehiwe said on 5/11/2011 9:44:00 AM
    Am from Nigeria, Benin City Edo state. I want to know how many 50kg bag i should b expecting from my 1hectare of maize farm and how i can market them. Thks
  • 59. Emmanuel Mushi said on 6/2/2011 10:09:03 AM
    Am from Dar es salaam city in Tanzania i and my friends we have already prepared a plan that concerns maize but we still looking fund to operate 30 acres my dears.
  • 60. IDA LUBALA said on 6/24/2011 10:40:17 PM
    Hi, my name is IDA, I live in South Africa but I'm from DRC. I would like to know if there is any commercial farmer who's willing to give me an in house training( payable ). Or any book to read that you can advise me. I would like to start an important commercial farm for maize in DRc with the aim of supplying three provinces in the south of DRC. Hope to hear from you soon. Best regards Ida
  • 61. Julius said on 6/28/2011 1:18:04 AM
    Hi am from kenya and have a land of one acre located at Gikono(around kakuzi makuyu), what type of maize can i plant and this land can occupy how many seedlings? this will help me carry out an analysis whether this project will be viable. My plan is to harvest before they are dry
  • 62. Pamela said on 7/5/2011 2:22:49 PM
    Hi. From Uganda and would like to start growing maize on at least 10 acres of land but would like to know the stages in it's growth and the costs per acre that will be incurred. The best maize type to grow and the best herbicides and fertilizers to use. Thank you. Pamela
  • 63. chileya chabu said on 7/7/2011 3:08:10 AM
    am a zambian citizen,i would like to gather full details on how to deal maize business,from the preparation of land to marketing.
  • 64. Barr.Felix Sunday Odoh said on 7/20/2011 1:54:41 PM
    I am a Nigerian based in the city of Enugu.I intend to start maize farming nest season.I've about 20 acres of land somewhere in the village, Aku.Pls educate me on the use of herbicides, fertilizer application and spacing of the plants in the farm.
  • 65. ismael said on 7/21/2011 11:58:59 AM
    this is ISMAEL from Uganda= i think a large percentage of ugandans needs to invest in commercial farming so that we can earn foreign exchange as we will be exporting maize to countries like somalia and since uganda is the pearl of Africa this means the environmental conditions can allow such
  • 66. Sanjeev kumar mandal said on 8/7/2011 2:29:24 PM
    I am mech. Engineer in power plant and also i have own farm and have been produced maize since 2007. Please ask me detailed procedure to take more profit from maize.
  • 67. FRANCIUOS K S X said on 8/8/2011 10:15:02 AM
    I am Franciuos, from Uganda and preparing to try commercial farming starting with 10 acres of maize but with more land about 40acres. I need help in all ways in terms of seeds, understanding seasons, how much i can expect in terms of harvest, and all you can say to a farmer like me. +256776185001, +256712185001 with hope to hear from you.
  • 68. ALFANU, ABDU BELLO RISHI said on 8/17/2011 7:34:18 AM
    I want to know the best seed to plant in this august- september season. I am from Bauchi state of nigeria.
  • 69. ERIVONA EDMUND said on 8/30/2011 10:08:16 AM
    kindly help me with the marketing aspect of maize farming. I am based in lagos, nigeria
  • 70. Kaydee said on 9/11/2011 12:15:55 PM
    I intend to start maize farming in Mashonaland East (Chivhu) in Zimbabawe. Please help me in identifying the right seeds, fertilizer [s]and seasons ie rainfall distribution throughout the year. Also what's is the best row and plant spacing for maize when you using a maize planter. thanks in advance.
  • 71. tom mzee said on 9/11/2011 3:10:37 PM
    I intend to start maize farming in matuga division, kwale county Kenya please give me all the relevant information seed variety, spacing,inter cropping, diseases and control measures, yields, use of fertilizer type and dosage, thank you
  • 72. Nicky Mupetami said on 9/13/2011 6:56:27 AM
    I intend to start a maize production near the Kavango river on a 20ha which will be irrigated. Kindly assist me to write a business plan in this regard. Planting will start during November 2011. Thanking you in anticipation.
  • 73. Alice said on 9/19/2011 6:40:53 AM
    Am in eldoret kenya I want you to help me know how to prepare land, plant or sow and management practices for maize production
  • 74. Alfred said on 9/26/2011 5:20:12 AM
    I am in Uganda and In Masidi District(NW Uganda), i would like to start a small scale Maize farming as a a Business, please help me with Maize Farm Management skills in order to realize good results. Thanks Alfred
  • 75. etah arnold said on 9/26/2011 12:52:27 PM
    i am a student in cameroon and i will like to start maize farming please help me i know maize has its growing season teach me on how to plant it even when it is not its season and how to preserve it for a long time and how i can i sell it
  • 76. Olatunji seun said on 9/29/2011 5:55:21 AM
    Am residing in Ilorin, kwara state Nigeria please help me with type of seed and soil that is good for planting maize
  • 77. Vincent Mwadime said on 10/5/2011 5:51:41 AM
    Am Vincent from Kenya. Kindly help me get good yields in Taita near Mwachabo location in Coast province. The land is very dry and we depend on seasonal rainfall. +254(0)711411818
  • 78. Nimesh said on 10/10/2011 4:05:22 AM
    Hi, I want info on Maize & Turmeric farming in Juba, South Sudan. Appreciate if you can let me know the full procedure for farming of Maize & Turmeric. Thanks
  • 79. Shadrack said on 10/13/2011 1:32:20 PM
    I am a farmer, having a land of 200 acres in Dodoma Tanzania,please advice me about seeds and spacing. Thank you.
  • 80. mursal omar said on 10/21/2011 9:42:36 AM
    am Mursal Omar who is a graduate from Kenyatta university. i hail from habaswein, wajir south north eastern province of Kenya. the area is an arid land that receives seasonal rainfall. i have the idea and the human capacity to have a very comprehend driland farming but lacking the financial support, would you kindly direct me?
  • 81. joe rugwete said on 11/11/2011 5:03:54 AM
    Harare - Zimbabwe, this will help me in my 1st farming season, i am starting with 4ha, hope we have good rains this side
  • 82. Tari said on 11/16/2011 3:02:11 AM
    Harare-Zimbabwe. What kind of inputs do I need for maize farming on 1 hectare. I also need a step by step guide from start to end on when i apply the fertilizers and how.
  • 83. Amanda said on 11/16/2011 1:53:00 PM
    I want to start maize farming and would like u to suggest names of maize farmers to which i can take mentorship from or take on an apprenticeship. I am in Gauteng,Johannesburg,South Africa and am planning to start my farm in and around Gauteng.
  • 84. Alexander said on 11/16/2011 3:39:17 PM
    Am in Eldoret, Kenya and I intend to start small scale farming. Could you please assist me on how to write a maize business plan so as to obtain a loan.
  • 85. Makwande Mbanjwa said on 11/19/2011 5:32:17 AM
    I have land and my interest is to start maize farming project in Eastern Cape, South Africa can I get any assistant in funds.
  • 86. Jean-Marie Kalala said on 11/20/2011 4:07:43 PM
    I have started maize farming in DRC , and I need advice how to maintain it. I have also a farm of soya beans, please advise me how I should maintain it. If soya beans are growing and at a certain stage there is this kind of problem like insect eating the crops which medicine should I spray on it to kill this bugs.
  • 87. kanayo henry chukwujekwu said on 11/24/2011 11:41:28 AM
    I am from anambra state, Nigeria and I intend to start small scale farming. Could you please assist me on how to write a maize and poultry business plan so as to obtain a loan. Kanayo Chukwujekwu.
  • 88. Nicholas Opiyo said on 12/8/2011 9:25:59 AM
    South Nyanza Awendo Migori distict. How many bags can i get a 2 acres of land.
  • 89. Fayemi oluwaseun said on 12/12/2011 9:02:34 AM
    Am about to start maize farming so how many 50kg bags can i get from 2.5 acres in okaka, oyo state, nigeria
  • 90. Evans Ooko said on 1/5/2012 6:27:08 AM
    I want to irrigate Family Land along the lake about 15hac of land What do i need to do to ensure good returns.One challenge The Temp are high along the lake and the land is highly infested with the striga Weed
  • 91. SAMUEL KAYIWA said on 2/8/2012 1:17:34 AM
    I am a Medical Laboratory Technologist working under min. of health in Uganda . I love farming like I love my self ! I have been running small scale maize farming , inter cropping it with beans . Now I want to go into large scale maize farming .I am located in Mpigi district , central Uganda . I need more skills in order to get good returns .
  • 92. Githuku said on 2/13/2012 6:42:04 AM
    I am in Kenya, want to venture into maize farming for silage. How many kilograms of maize should i plant in one acre. What measurement should i prepare a trench for silaging 1acre maize stalks.
  • 93. mukwanu farm said on 2/20/2012 1:52:24 AM
    i am in lusaka zambia and love farming... i need advice on how to farm maize eg spacing and how many cobs can i produce in 1 hac
  • 94. Gasore Prince said on 2/22/2012 10:19:46 AM
    I am in DRC, in the Eastern region, specifically in South Kivu Province. I would like to start maize farming project, How many kilograms of maize should i plant in one acre for better production? The region is very hot, could some one advise me which type of Maize which I could plant in such climate? In normal circumstance, how many kgs will i harvest at 1ha. thanks a lot
  • 95. Abdulkarim said on 2/25/2012 5:03:57 AM
    How to start a maize farm? What does it take from scratch to harvest of maize.
  • 96. Adamu said on 2/26/2012 6:09:36 PM
    I am in jalingo, nigeria. I planning to start a maize farm in bali, i really need your help on how to start from scratch-type of seeds, equipments and techniques, also best time to start planting. Tanks.,
  • 97. lydia ndabeni said on 3/9/2012 8:29:19 AM
    I am in Lesotho I have a maize farm full of weeds how do i get good maize without weeds?
  • 98. Alhaji Ibrahim said on 3/11/2012 4:57:05 PM
    i live in Tamale, in the northern region of Ghana. Sir i wish to start with a 50 acres of maize farm, aside equipment what are the other factors i have to prepare for. Thank you
  • 99. ADEBAYO said on 3/15/2012 6:24:35 AM
    AM FROM EKITI STATE IN NIGERIA. I HAVE UP TO 2HA OF LAND WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO USE FOR SOLE MAIZE FARMING. COULD U PLS TELL HOW MANY KG/HA OF MAIZE SEEDS I WOULD NEED TO PLANT THE FARM. SECONDLY, WHAT COULD BE THE EXPECTED YIELD PER ANNUAL PER HECTARE FOR A OIL PALM PLANTATION
  • 100. Selemani Zumo said on 3/16/2012 3:33:45 PM
    It is the first time to me to look at this website about maize an other crops plantation. I have started the farm with almost 2 hectors, my interest is to plant maize and cassava. I want to know how to plant using spaces to this mix. we expecting rain within this week and my farm is already for plantation. I am living in Tanga, Tanzania in coastal highland.
  • 101. athuman shalua said on 3/27/2012 4:52:23 PM
    my name is athuman,live in arusha tanzania i have got 5 acre with water irrigation, please give me full detail about maize.
  • 102. TOBIN THOMAS TANGWA said on 4/7/2012 5:48:28 AM
    i am from the north west region of Cameroon and intend to open a maize farm. could you pleased tell me the process due i need to take and how to plan for about 100 heaters. i need some to join me carry out the project and some who can provide me with the technical know how and support.
  • 103. kemtim sephane said on 4/7/2012 4:25:01 PM
    i am a student at the university of buea in cameroon and i wish to take the cultivation of maize as a second activity. i want to ask advice on preparation of soil till harvesting and marketing.
  • 104. JULIUS MYOVELA said on 4/13/2012 4:57:17 AM
    I am a student at university of Dar es salaam....my interest is to engage in maize plantation soon after my first degree...so please can u tell me the effective cultivation of 2hctz in terms of procedures, spacing, manure and how many cobs can I get from these hectors? BEST REGARDS MYOVELA JULIUS
  • 105. Teddy Chambwe said on 4/14/2012 9:31:06 AM
    Am a small holder farmer in the North Western province of Zambia wishing to grow green maize in the off season. I would like to ideal temperature for maize to grow well. The winter temperature averages between 5 to 27 degrees celcius (May to August)
  • 106. Kanute Dindi said on 4/18/2012 5:47:02 AM
    I grow maize but concern is the low selling price after harvest. If you compare the cost of inputs right from farm preparation, fertilizers, storage and labour, it very expensive yet the KCPB buys maize from farmers at a through away price. How can a maize farmers be protected so as to enjoy their sweat?
  • 107. muhumuza owen said on 4/18/2012 11:13:52 AM
    i want 2 start up a maize growing project in kyenjojo western uganda on 7 acre of land. how many tonnes should i expect from it?
  • 108. patrick said on 4/19/2012 2:50:26 AM
    i want to start a maize farming approximately in 2 hector land. can u plz tell me there exact cost what should i have to implement?
  • 109. DAVID said on 4/20/2012 11:14:16 AM
    am here in uganda entebbe, i already have 2 acres of maize. how much yield should i expect?
  • 110. Charles G bakaye said on 4/24/2012 3:23:47 AM
    i have a five acre land in central buganda, uganda and i am planning on planting maize. can someone tell me, advise me on how well i can do this in terms of how much seed is required and how much i can harvest from an acre of land as well as the best way to take care of the same in order to attain maximum output. thank you
  • 111. turere dominic said on 5/14/2012 9:38:35 AM
    I am an ambitious small scale farmer from Narok county, Riftvalley province of Kenya. I desperately need advice on the proper maize/wheat farming i.e land preparation, pest & weed control and so forth. Will also wish to know the expected yield after that proper process. thank you
  • 112. Adamu Abdullahi said on 5/15/2012 8:23:40 AM
    I'm a young farmer In Kaduna State, northern part of Nigeria. Under your organization i need your help for Rice, and Maize Farming,
  • 113. AHABWE smith said on 5/16/2012 3:52:24 AM
    Hullo am in Uganda , I want to invest in a 200 acre of land commercial maize farming, pliz advise on the costs involved and yields expected. Thanx
  • 114. Sabihi Athuman. said on 5/18/2012 4:15:36 AM
    I am in Dar es salaam, Tanzania. I have 5 acre of land in Manyara and i want to invest my time and effort on planting maize. please advice on that and if possible let have sample business plan from you. Thanks.
  • 115. okanlawon habeeb said on 5/18/2012 5:19:06 AM
    I am in Nigeria, Ogun state. I just get 12 acres of land and I need your advice on oil palm tree, plantation and maize in details, and what can be plant in between palm tree.
  • 116. John Senge. said on 6/10/2012 4:01:32 AM
    What month is best for maize planting in Nigeria, in Delta state? I want to plant twice in a year since it matures in 90-100 days.
  • 117. Akande Abiodun said on 6/11/2012 5:02:21 AM
    I'm from Osun State in Nigeria. I just got a virginland of about 15ha. Kindly give me advice on the best crop of either maize or cassava or yam to be planted.
  • 118. CECILIA NGANGA said on 6/12/2012 9:50:00 AM
    I am an upcoming maize farmer in Loiitokitok, Kenya. Kindly guide me on the best practices of succeeding in developing my farming to a profitable agri-business venture.
  • 119. gladys said on 6/16/2012 9:11:16 AM
    am in uganda mityana av 1 acre how many kilos of maize do i need to plant,per acre and how many bags of 100 kgs do i get at harvest and do i need to irrigate the plantation?
  • 120. Lenseni Salisu said on 6/26/2012 9:48:53 AM
    I am a research student of the University of Cape Coast, Ghana-West Africa, in Irrigation Technology. My friend and I want to go into big time farming in Tamale in the northern region of Ghana. We are however thorn between maize and groundnut farming business. Please, kindly give as a technical advice on this stating all the pros and cons. Thanks
  • 121. BF said on 6/28/2012 10:05:46 AM
    How much of water is required to irrigate a 1 ha of maize per day, 1 ha of wheat per day 1 ha of soya per day?
  • 122. Kwadwo Okyere said on 7/4/2012 12:57:51 PM
    Kwadwo Okyere, I have a company with 500 acre of land to go into crop farming like Maize, Rice Pepper and Beans at Aframso in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Please, kindly give as a technical advice, and also if there is a loan to buy the equipment. Thank you.
  • 123. Abdallah Ssekamanya said on 7/8/2012 1:06:50 PM
    i am really interested in starting up with maize farming in uganda but of course i need some help on which season will do it for me better. thank you..
  • 124. GODSWAY G. MORNY said on 7/15/2012 9:03:43 AM
    I am currently preparing an eight-acre land at 'Ohemaa Dida' in the Ashanti Region of Ghana for maize production. I need more technical advise. Thank you.
  • 125. mathews k said on 7/19/2012 2:43:11 PM
    currently in kitengela kenya trying out drying farming but looking for a partner mostly from countries with huge experience in dry farming like china and israel.If anybody has an interest in joining me let me know how to reach him or her.
  • 126. Dr Majidadi Abdulhakeem said on 7/20/2012 4:11:28 PM
    We are a Group of Farmers from Nigeria(AMA® farms ltd) we specialize in Counseling and Guiding 'Farmers User Groups' on How and where to invest their funds for maximum yield on Agricultural produce and we also Help with Proposal writing and feasibility studies on Agricultural Businesses eg Maize, wheat, Coa-coa, Poultry(layers, broilers) and other Agro based ventures. To enable you write your plans send your Requests to our mailbox at :-Drabdulh@gmail.com and await our promp response. Wishing you the best.
  • 127. Daniel Nsumba said on 7/29/2012 11:05:08 AM
    We are commercial produce dealers based in Uganda. If you need to sell off your produce especially maize and G.nuts and you have them in bulk please email me at danielnsumba@gmail.com
  • 128. martin barasa said on 7/31/2012 3:44:52 AM
    in one acre, how many tones of sugarcane can come out?
  • 129. james said on 8/2/2012 6:34:33 AM
    i have 20 acres of land to start cultivating i need 60,000 kenya shillings loan , where can i get this loan?
  • 130. agaba francis said on 8/3/2012 5:33:10 AM
    i live and farm in fort portal, uganda. i'm now in the process of harvesting four acres of maize, please advise on a good market, preferably world food program
  • 131. agaba francis said on 8/3/2012 5:49:12 AM
    is there anybody outside there whom we can do barter trade, maize grain for a walking tractor with its accessories? if any please contact me
  • 132. Ann said on 8/23/2012 3:46:35 AM
    Hi, i intend to venture into commercial farming. kindly advise how and i can achieve this in more detail
  • 133. Sandra said on 8/24/2012 11:46:54 AM
    I have a maize farm, ready for harvest in Eastern Uganda, Kamuli district in Uganda. I would like to enter maize export business. Do you have any helpful contacts you can offer to me? Please let me know.
  • 134. mercreva said on 8/27/2012 10:54:03 AM
    located south of Lubumbashi, Katanga province, DRC. i have a 35 hectare piece of land which i want to put under maize. i need help, step by step farming procedure. i have a tractor for ploughing
  • 135. simon gitau said on 8/29/2012 3:53:26 AM
    hi there, i find and feel your info is very important and so i take this opportunity to thank you. am a young guy with a 4 acre plot in kinoo area kenya and am thinking planting maize this coming month of sept.2012. could you please advice me accordingly. kind regards, s.gitau.
  • 136. oniye Hammed said on 8/30/2012 11:13:56 AM
    i have about 50 miles of uncultivated land. i wish to embark on commercial farming of rice and maize as well as setting up an agro-allied company in the area. Pls advice me on how to go about the farming, i.e the farm plan or possible layout and other related information including partnership opportunities. Thank you.
  • 137. elias said on 9/11/2012 11:56:25 AM
    Hi i'm 27 years guy n wish to start a maize & sunflower farm, but the thing is I don't know where to consult in terms of land n finance, I'm from north west south africa plz help with ideas.
  • 138. kihama mohamed said on 9/12/2012 3:20:43 AM
    hi friends, i have only twenty acres, i want someone who can assist me a loan so that i do maize business. am in Mwanza Tanzania.
  • 139. kogo isaac kiptarus said on 9/14/2012 10:06:45 AM
    am a kenyan and like maize farming. wish to associate/partner with serious maize farmers 50-100 acres pursue been in the field for quite sometime. phone 0722 449412
  • 140. ismail muhammad yusuf goda said on 9/17/2012 3:31:01 AM
    hello. Am ismail m yusuf goda. Working with 1 small photo lab in kano. Nigeria. I want 2 apply maize and beans farming. Is it possible at the same land and how would u help this is my first time. Thanks.
  • 141. Lilian Bbuku said on 9/27/2012 10:51:04 AM
    The farm is located in Mazabuka, Southern Province of Zambia.
  • 142. labito said on 9/28/2012 8:52:23 PM
    i have 300 hectors of land and i want to start maize and beans production this November but it will be on crop rotation. pls i need urgent action plan and advice. am from ghana
  • 143. OPALERE OPADEYI said on 10/14/2012 10:26:47 PM
    Am a small farmer based in Edo State, Nigeria. How do I access your response to questions raised by farmers.
  • 144. Peter Musonda said on 10/17/2012 6:10:55 AM
    I AM SMALL SCALE FARMER, MY LAND AREA IS ALMOST 3 HECTORS, MY LAND LOCATION IS IN LUANSHYA RURAL OF LUANSHYA DISTRICT OF THE COPPERBELT, IN ZAMBIA. I WOULD LIKE TO IN IMPROVE MY MAIZE GROWING KNOWLEDGE (FERTILIZER APPLICATION RATES, OR RATIOS, PLANT SPACING, HERBICIDE APPLICATION RATES, IDEAL PLANTING TIME, MAIZE GROWING DURATION, IDEAL HARVEST TIME.
  • 145. asmau said on 10/18/2012 11:22:38 AM
    i want to start the maize syrup how do i go about it
  • 146. thami morebodi said on 10/19/2012 9:55:55 AM
    hi i'm from kzn, have 30x30 acre, willing to plant maize, so i want to know in which season must i start planting and not have irrigation system, so than what will be your advise. thank regards: MR MOREBODI
  • 147. winnie said on 10/26/2012 6:37:25 AM
    hi am winnie, from bugoma. i have a 2 hector piece of land which i will like to grow maize. please advice me on the best techniques and fertilisers(rates, ratio and intervals) to use and where to get the best type of seeds.
  • 148. Michael Kusi said on 10/29/2012 2:05:30 PM
    I want to start maize farming as a big time business the rest of my life, i am a Ghanaian citizen resident in the maritime region of Togo. Kindly advise to make a successful maize farmer in my locality. Thanks.
  • 149. Adam's said on 11/4/2012 5:25:58 PM
    I did course in tractor driving and operation so if you have land & tractor and you need a worker call me on 256775168376
  • 150. Janardhan Rao Kotwal said on 11/5/2012 10:06:15 AM
    I would like to start the Maize production in the area of 15 acres by next April. Please advice me right from the preparation of soil, selection of seeds etc.
  • 151. cebo said on 11/9/2012 12:48:19 AM
    i would like to start maize farming in mthatha, eastern cape , south africa. what do i need to have, who will buy mealies from me. where do i store mealies. what time of mealies should i plant.
  • 152. L. Jonathan said on 11/12/2012 8:42:35 PM
    We are looking at investing in Maize farms In Uganda or Ghana .You must have at least 50 acres But 200 - 300 would be good. Maize or Mango farming. We also like beans. Email Us to assist and help you on a profit share funding scheme. We Have Staff & colleagues in Ghana & Uganda who you can work with to gain Bigger profits and have a better farm. Thank you. Kingford100@yahoo.co.uk
  • 153. Anthony said on 11/14/2012 2:36:03 AM
    I would like to start maze farming in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. Please advice me on the best way forward; I am at the verge of signing a 10 years land lease agreement for this venture to enable me have possession of the land for land preparation activities by December this year. Kindly advise me on best seeds and international best practices on this crop. Thank you
  • 154. alex said on 11/23/2012 7:46:52 AM
    An outline of how i will manage a 300 acres farm with 6 farmlands. Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.08096605321
  • 155. Elisabeth beginner adviser said on 11/25/2012 4:51:26 PM
    Hello to all. I have read the different questions and would like to give some tips:

1) Information regarding how much labour charge would cost for the people working in your farm, should be researched locally as labour and sales price of crops varies from one city/country to another depending on the standard of living. For example, the price farmers would charge in Ghana for one month might/could be different from the the price they would charge in Congo. I suggest if you would like to go into farming as a full time job, you should research these properly, be fore you start.

Also, for a new farmer with very little or no experience, it is advisable to do your assignments/research properly, be ready to get your hands dirty, start with a small portion of land to try out your farming adventure, see what the out come is, if you are happy with the results and you think farming is for you, then go ahead. Labour charge would depend on many factors but not limited to: Where the farm is located, would you provide accommodation? Would you give them a piece of land to farm on? Would you hire part-timers or fully employed staff? Would you prepay, postpay, pay as you go, profit sharing, salary or and bonus depending on the yield? Would you hire from the city or in the villages, contract work per season? Retirement benefits etc...Once you decided on which scheme/basis you would like to hire, depending on which method you choose depending on what your goals are, you will have an idea.

2) Try to be realistic as much as possible. Do not get caught in the "Farmers make easy money or Farming is easy," because you will face lots of challenges.

3) On this site I also notice most people have lots of acres of land. Good, now, no one can decide for you how many acres of land you should start with. That is why, I said "be realistic." Where the land is located is very important. Is it near a river, lake, no water, dense forest, dessert, near the road? How do you get there? Where is the local market from where you are? Is it easy to transport what ever you grow? What is the weather like in your area? Rainy, sunny? Do you need to irrigate? If, yes, what equipments would you need? Is it a forest? What equipments and labour would you need to fell down the trees, prepare the land ready for farming, are these equipments available for hire/rent, or do you prefer to buy, if yes, how much?

By the time you put these bits together, you will have an idea of the budget you need to start and get the farm up and running.
    How much is Maize in the local market now? Maize traders would be able to tell you the average price for most of the year.
    Regarding some of the questions on this board regarding pesticides, please go to the nearest government local farming authorities or some experience farmers in the area, they will be able to give advice.
    Generally, in Africa it is not easy to get funding, although it is not impossible neither. Once you start and you are consitent, the local authorities would come or you could go to them and present your project. Someone was asking about tractors, nowadays, for a beginner it is high risk and unlikely for any bank, company, co-op, investor to give you a tractor. As they do not know what the out come will be.
    It is possible to start big in farming...You have to have the capital. Or, you start small. be consistence, learn about the trade and with time someone or a company may invest in your project as they can see what you have already done.
    If you intend to go into farming, start today, do not waist ??? years of your time in the name of research, get to work and get familiar with reality of being a farmer.
    Would you send a tractor and your $ to someone anywhere in the world because they say they have got X-amount of acres of land?
    Land is worth nothing, until you make use of it. Maise is harvested every three months. If you have a well setup and running farm, you can plant and harvest Maize 3 times a year.
    One of the question coming up on this site is how to conserve maize and sell when the market price is better? Depending on the scale of your farm and the number of staff you have available, you can build a large suspended traditional shed, using local materials like Bamboo, wood sticks, ropes, which can be found in your farm or nearby area, surround the shed with a thin net wooden stick support to keep animals and birds away. Have someone to set fire permanently and keep and eye on the maize, it is an inexpensive way of doing it.
    Hope this helps. Elisabeth

sanitha2@yahoo.fr || Maize Farming Expert

• 156. joseph fredrick said on 11/27/2012 4:55:48 AM
    i have almost like 24 acres of land at kitale kenya, and i want to start with maize, so how much exactly will i be able to harvest the maize interms of the profit with the current market. so 24 acres of maize=cash?
  • 157. Dula said on 12/5/2012 2:09:40 AM
    Hi, I am Dula from Sri lanka and planning to startup a Maize farm around for 100ac. i found this site very useful for the same and thanks. anybody have any idea for the Maize Husks and Trees after getting the crop? anybody knows any business from this? pls help dula1111@gmail.com
  • 158. Arthur said on 12/7/2012 2:21:03 AM
    I have hired over 15 acres of land in Luwero District for 4 years and i have already planted 60000 pineapple plantations. so i need a partner who can invest with me so that we plant 200,000 plantation which will be exported by the end of 2013. come and we invest for the future. i need $5000 call me on +256782112788 or email me on arthur0hp@yahoo.com. Uganda
  • 159. James said on 12/9/2012 12:06:02 PM
    @Joseph Fredrick can you please email me jamesmackus@yahoo.com
  • 160. ikenna okoro said on 12/19/2012 10:46:57 AM
    please i want to know how maize farm is operated from cultivation, fertiliser application, harvesting, storage, production, and processing. agricultural engineer, lagos nigeria
  • 161. mahwai gift said on 12/23/2012 5:24:49 AM
    can maize sown in march and irrigated till june produce good cobs to be sold as green maize to marketeers? i am in mpongwe, copperbelt province of zambia.
  • 162. Nasir Aliyu said on 12/26/2012 3:33:12 AM
    Am Engineer Nasir from kaduna northan Nigeria I want to use 5 acre of land to farm maize as an experiment for a beginner. please advice me thank you.
  • 163. shuaibu ibrahim said on 12/26/2012 4:19:20 AM
    i am a statistician from kaduna northern nigeria. i am a local farmer, and i want you to help me on how to start merchandised farming. Thanks.
  • 164. Ndelazem Elvis said on 12/27/2012 3:13:49 PM
    i am a beginner in maize farming, but have been on other crop farming for a couple of years. my greatest problem is to know the right type of fertilizers to use to improve yields on maize. i am writing from south west region of Cameroon.
  • 165. erasmus tang said on 1/8/2013 7:18:37 AM
    yaounde Cameroon. i will like to have guidelines from you on use of fertilizers and climate dependence on maize farming in this region
  • 166. Holyfield said on 1/12/2013 9:16:49 AM
    Migori county, south nyanza Kenya. How much does it cost to plant a hectare and what is the expected yield of maize crop using the scientific method
  • 167. johnmark said on 1/12/2013 11:35:33 AM
    hi, i would like to start maize production in Nyahururu, would you please give me your take on this project, the risks involved and the approximate cost of producing the crop on a 5 acre piece of land. Thank you.
  • 168. monaganeng said on 1/23/2013 4:14:36 AM
    My uncle want to start beef and maize farming. So, he asked me to help him in drawing a business plan which is needed by financiers. Who can help me?
  • 169. Aminu Muhammad said on 1/24/2013 2:33:42 AM
    I'm a graduate of Agricultural engineering and I want to start farming as a career. I have generated $2500 and borrowed 2 hectre of land. Please advise me on how to succeed. Aminu from Bauchi, Nigeria.
  • 170. mwaura ngugi said on 1/26/2013 6:25:04 AM
    i come from rift valley and just wanted to know the maize variety that can do well in this place.
  • 171. Prince C. Ekpoh said on 1/26/2013 12:17:38 PM
    I am from Abuja Nigeria,
    1. What kind of help can a new farmer going into maize and cassava farming on a large scale get from ministry of agriculture and other agro-allied concern bodies on funding, tractor hiring and equipments?
    2. For cassava (Garri) processing, what kind of machine could one use especially in frying and storage (both from insect,damping/moisture), to ensure a longer preservation?
    Thank you.
  • 172. Daniel Nwogha said on 1/26/2013 2:06:36 PM
    A Nigerian, love farming and wish to plant maize this year. Please advice me, on how many seeds of maize a hectare of land can contain. Hope to hear from you.my email danielnwogha@yahoo.com. Thanks please!!!
  • 173. C. Hartley beginner adviser said on 1/28/2013 6:05:33 PM
    United States. I see that many of you are interested in starting up small farms of maize or other crops. One very important consideration is the use of a proper seeder so that your maize seeds are spaced at the correct distance and planted at the correct depth. We offer a small hand-pushed seeder that will accurately plant maize and other seeds. If you have a tractor, we have one and two row planters that can be used for larger farms. In most cases, the planters can be used for a number of different crops (maize, beans, peas, sorghum, peanuts, cotton) by simply changing seed plates.
  • 174. Muteka victor said on 1/30/2013 8:46:03 AM
    I need to know how many bags of maize i can get in one hector planted using conservation farming method. I live in itezhitezhi district of southern province of Zambia.
  • 175. Nurudeen said on 2/1/2013 9:11:48 PM
    A Ghanaian , love farming and wish to plant maize this year. Please advice me, on how many seeds of maize a hectare of land can contain. Hope to hear from you. my email smilebright44@yahoo.com. Thanks please!!!
  • 176. mahwai gift. said on 2/5/2013 2:45:16 AM
    I am based in mpongwe , copperbelt province . I would like to find out if it is possible to grow maize from march and how to go about it.
  • 177. ahmed said on 2/13/2013 8:19:21 AM
    hello i am ahmed from UGANDA- EAST AFRICA i would like to start with maize farm i already find a farm 300 acre, but there is a lot of trees need to be clean, so could you help me to advise for equipment, machine, budget, how many tone can get from one acre? thanks
  • 178. Ebenezer said on 2/14/2013 6:50:03 AM
    i am Ghanaian and interested in planting maize this year to support my poultry farm. please i want an ideal as to the amount of seeds and fertilizers needed for an acre of land. thank you
  • 179. paul said on 2/16/2013 9:46:43 AM
    am paul in kampala. i want to grow maize this season but please which month and date is right to start. am having 25 acres
  • 180. sam amarh said on 2/17/2013 10:30:39 AM
    We have acquired 200 acres of land in the eastern region of ghana for maize and sugarcane. Since the land is close to the lake I need advise on the irrigation facilities in Ghana and also any interested investors can contact me.
  • 181. Opoku Isaac said on 2/17/2013 12:21:54 PM
    i want to grow maize and am a basic school teacher. how do i go about it. which months are suitable, how much capital do i need for a start.
  • 182. Vincent said on 2/22/2013 3:05:54 PM
    Hi, am 21 yrs old and my project is to start maize farming for commercial in a ha of land. how do i start about please guide me on identifying the right seed, grade and fertilizer, coz i have never done farming and i am interested in renting a land at kitale in western kenya
  • 183. Vincent oluoch said on 2/22/2013 3:14:04 PM
    Hi, i have started a poultry project for broillers and layers please help me am from kasarani county, nairobi kenya
  • 184. yahaya kwalavaya said on 2/24/2013 5:02:39 AM
    Am a young man having a small capital to start a maize farming. advice on what step to take for a better output. Yahaya from Adamawa, Nigeria
  • 185. Vincent Chalamanda said on 3/2/2013 9:08:18 AM
    Am working as Irrigation Field Facilitor. Am a Malawian and currently am based in Karonga district where am working. I have knowledge in irrigation and some knowledge in different crops production. But since "farming" has been my dream for many years, now want to go for farming as business and I want to learn more from friends of different countries. All the best!
  • 186. subash gooroong said on 3/11/2013 12:30:12 PM
    how may kilos of ginger would be needed to harvest in one hectare or 107640 Sq.ft. of land.....
  • 187. Wolyan lokiden justine said on 3/16/2013 4:28:04 AM
    Hi, am from kajo-keji county in the southern part of south sudan, i would like to start on the business of maize farming by 2 acre land & help me on how to apply on fertilizer for better yield, thank
  • 188. Abubakar Umar said on 3/17/2013 3:55:04 AM
    I'm a student from Borno State Maiduguri Nigeria. My question is how can I calculate the cost production of fruit, timber, yam, cassava, cash crops, fodder, fuelwood, pole and their various measurement unit with their inputs or materials required to establish them. thank you.
  • 189. edu said on 3/17/2013 7:34:01 AM
    i'm a small scale farmer n would like TO KNOW possible applicable ways to ensure maximum n successful yield per unit area provided that the climatic conditions are conducive.
  • 190. Gertrude Namulondo said on 3/21/2013 1:43:09 PM
    hello, am a ugandan and just acquired 1 acre from mum about 17km along hoima road in uganda(hoima district) and want to use it to start a small scale maize farm. please advise me on the nitty gritty of the whole business from the planting to get quality yield and good marketing from the sowing time. thanks lots.
  • 191. ras kwesi said on 3/23/2013 5:34:04 PM
    i need assistance on starting a new farm in ghana. can i use 3 acres for the start as my maize farm. kindly guide me cause am a newbie in the business.
  • 192. david ambale said on 3/27/2013 6:22:50 PM
    i am from Lugari in Kenya and want to start planting maize which type of fertilizer and seed can i use.
  • 193. David Godffrey Okello said on 3/29/2013 10:06:48 AM
    I am a Ugandan live in Lira district. I have 12 acres of land which I want to grow maize to sustain the field and to maximize the production in future. Please advice the type of farm implements to be used in order to open this land. Thanks all the best.
  • 194. Franco Ochola said on 4/2/2013 4:12:52 AM
    I am a Ugandan in Katakwi District. I have a 2 acres and want to start a maize production. Please advise.
  • 195. Felician Ezekiel said on 4/7/2013 5:41:00 AM
    I am from Tanzania, Please advice on how to start a maize farm of 2 acres
  • 196. morie sinneh said on 4/9/2013 7:16:55 AM
    I live in mokpendeh village southern Sierra leone and possess 12 hectares of farm land. Mainly rely on rains for irrigating my maize farm.
  • 197. terer kipsang joash said on 4/22/2013 9:03:31 AM
    i am a Kenyan from Bomet county. i have 4 acres of land and i wanna start maize production. please advice.
  • 198. jones peter said on 4/23/2013 8:36:21 AM
    i am in Ghana living in the Volta region part of the country. who have no idea about maize farming, and want to start maize farming this season. will need a help to how to write maize farming plan, and how to start maize farming in a small scale farming. hoping my need will be consider. hoping to her from you soon. thanks
  • 199. prossy.kato said on 4/25/2013 4:14:00 AM
    I NEED TO KNOW and understand the right seasons for maize plantation. Can any one help?
  • 200. JOHN KINGU said on 4/28/2013 8:06:11 AM
    I'm a farmer in singida region TANZANIA and i own 500 acres of black soil(mbuga) i need support or joint for the one who can cultivate maize , sunflower, onions or millet