Starting a Dairy Farm Business

• 1,387 comments

Anyone who knows the money-making aspects of cows and has a love for taking care of them can find an enjoyable and lucrative business in starting a dairy farm. You don’t know what to prepare for this venture?

That won’t be a problem. Just browse through this article and you will find all the answers you will need.

dairy farm business

If you have love for animals such as cows and recognize their money-making capabilities, then you can start a dairy farm business. You can make money off milking cows and selling them off to big dairy companies, or sell them off as your own products if you can afford the processing equipment.

Cows

Cows are the core of your dairy farm business. They are the animals that provide the milk that you will be selling off for money, and they are also responsible for reproducing other cows that can grow your business. Obviously, the majority of cows that you will rear in your farm should be females. However, if you also wish to make off money selling cows to slaughterhouses, you might want to retain a male and a few females for breeding.

Cow Feeds

When you rear animals, you should also feed them. Cows feed on a number of plants: grass, corn or grain, among others. You can buy these feeds from third-party farmers or, better yet, you can choose to grow them right next to your dairy farm. You can save up that way, and you can also make another business: selling off the feeds that you have extra from feeding your cows. You can also grow corn for your own consumption.

Equipment

Dairy farms are one of the more expensive businesses to operate and start. You need to have some elaborate equipment in order to pull the business off properly. Some of the more important dairy farm equipment includes:

• Tractor
    An important equipment for pulling machinery around. Most of the other equipment cannot be operated without this.
  • Hay baler
    Responsible for producing bale that is then fed to the cows. Each round bale produced by this machine is enough to feed 25 cows a day.
  • Combine
    The machine used to harvest crops for feeding to the cows, or for selling off. If you plan to grow your own cow feeds, you would need this definitely.
  • Storage buildings
    These buildings are useful for storing the feeds and the plants that you grow in your farm. There are also specialized buildings that are designed to store cow’s manure, as they are good fertilizers for the crops.
  • Milking equipment
    This will help make your life easier. Having automated milking equipment in your dairy farm will help cut the time required for you to produce milk from your cows, rather than doing it by hand.

• How does a Dairy Farm Work
    There are several factors that affect how dairy farms work. If you want to start your own dairy farm you should consider the environment, the economy as well as the consumers.
  • Leasing a Dairy Farm
    If you are into a dairy business and you need a dairy farm for your needs then you can lease a dairy farm and pursue your dream dairy business. This is a lucrative business that will give you great opportunity in terms of financial ability.

• 1. mehul savani said on 1/7/2009 12:19:10 AM
    i want to start dairy business and i want to know if i want to start a medium project how much it cost. example 30 cows
  • 2. shrikant said on 1/21/2009 11:49:14 PM
    Hi, I want to start a dairy business wherein i would purchase milk from various villages at my hometown and then convert it to other products like cheese,butter etc. Please guide me for setup and machinery and how much would it cost. Whom can i contact for same and licenses etc.
  • 3. B. rustum sohrab said on 1/26/2009 7:48:43 AM
    dear sir i want all the details about dairy milk farming and where can i get the books and catalogs of it. how to purchase the cows and their equipment cost of the unit farm. please help me. if there are any free books & catalogs of it please send to this address, B RUSTUM SOHRAB,FLAT NO 212,BALAJI HIGHTS,NANDYAL,KURNOOL(DST), ANDHRA PRADESH
  • 4. kayela said on 2/11/2009 12:55:08 AM
    Please i have sum skills for dairy farming and am more than willing to help out anyone as long as i get a job. please email me.
  • 5. Guest said on 4/5/2009 6:38:26 PM
    Hi, I have a plan of starting a dairy farm with 25 cows and sheep farm with 200 sheeps. I have 15 acres of land in Tumkur district. Kindly let me know the investment and how to appraoch the bank for finance.
  • 6. Dinbandhu said on 5/2/2009 6:42:36 AM
    Hello, i am from orissa & i want to start a dairy farm house. would help me to get some information regarding the same. Like what should be the min expansive & which type of cow will suitable for orissa environment. Thanku.
  • 7. TRILOCHAN SETH said on 5/15/2009 6:00:52 AM
    My self Trilochan Seth belong to a small village in orissa, My village is situated around 200 kilometer distance from the capital of Orissa -Bhubaneswar, Only one Dairy Industry is available in orissa Name Omfed at Bhubaneswar, If i will start a dairy firm, then to whom i will sell and what is initial capital required for setup dairy firm. Regds, Trilochan Seth
  • 8. Doraiswamy R said on 5/15/2009 10:23:19 AM
    Hi, I am interested to start a Dairy Industry. So I would request you to provide me with the necessary information and to answer my below questions.
    1. The Machineries needed for the Industry,
    2. How a Shed building for cows should be,
    3. The feeds and feeding methods to get more milk,
    4. The minimum land and finance needed to start this Industry.
    Thanks & Regards, Dorai
  • 9. Vilas Kowjalgi said on 5/16/2009 10:51:19 PM
    Dear Sirs, Our firm Green Channel Marketing based in Mumbai is actively engaged in assisting interested persons/companies to set up dairy farms from 20 cows/buffaloes upto 5000 cows/buffaloes in India, Dubai, Tanzania and Sudan. Please email us and we will send you a free assessment form by which we will have an idea of your land, the type of green fodder available there and such other details. Best Regards Vilas Kowjalgi in Mumbai ( email - vilasudan@gmail.com) P.Rajshekhar in Dubai ( email moneyday@eim.ae)
  • 10. niaz jan said on 5/20/2009 5:50:49 PM
    hi, i want to start goat firm, i need a full detail of this, how to take start what i need to do to get start and what is the key point. how many kids a goat mom can produce, if i take start with 20 goats then how much money i need. thank you very much. niaz jan from birmingham.
  • 11. M S Islam said on 5/21/2009 12:10:44 PM
    Hello sir, I am looking forward to start a dairy farm. i would like to know these things.
    1. If there is any free handbook or catalog please send me
    2. How much land require to start a farm.
    3. For 30 cows and buffaloes.
    4. Machinery required and their cost.
    5. Shed building should be.
    6. feed and feeding method to get more milk.
    7. Minimum lands and money required to start with.
    thanks and regards, M S Islam, #20,2nd floor, tinker, bell apartment, pipeline road, nethajinagar, 1st E cross, mathiker extn..bangalore-54.
  • 12. Singhal Exports said on 5/24/2009 8:23:05 AM
    We have a dairy farm with 50 cows in Jaipur and will be expanding to 1000 cows soon.

We have a very good partnership model on lines of lease-livestock where the investor need not invest in expensive infrastructure. We will be giving a fixed monthly returns. Please contact us: Singhal Exports, 37 km., Jaipur-Ajmer expressway
    Please contact us by e-mail at: jakondairy@gmail.com, Mobile: 09351393054
  • 13. Rabindra kr. Mahapatra said on 5/25/2009 8:17:37 AM
    I would like to start a diary firm in orissa. what is the min investment and what are the risk factor of this business? what sort of loan i can avail from orissa govt. for this project
  • 14. reetesh said on 6/1/2009 2:45:12 AM
    if you have 3000 sq. ft. land and 5 lacks rupees you can start a dairy and your monthly profit will be 10 to 15 thousand rupees.
  • 15. rabi said on 6/1/2009 2:59:54 AM
    want to start a dairy farm on a small basis. please help in financial planning and resources required. regards, rabi
  • 16. pragati ranjan samal said on 6/3/2009 4:42:39 AM
    How start a dairy farm in orissa. How to get some loan from state bank of india. what type help from omfed I can expect?
  • 17. hrudaya ranjan chand said on 6/5/2009 10:13:08 AM
    i want to do a chicken farm and cow farm at north orissa but i want to take loan from orissa govt. how to do farming, please tell me details about this. My no is 9861925488
  • 18. Vilas Kowjalgi beginner adviser said on 6/5/2009 9:58:40 PM
    Dear Sirs, We are Green Channel Marketing , a company based in Mumbai with an office in Dubai as well. We set up Dairy Farms, Milk Processing Units in India, Sudan, Tanzania and in Dubai. We will help you realize your dream of having your own Dairy Farm and also produce Milk products. Please do contact us. Our Indian address is
    11/88,Unnat Nagar 3
    M G Road, Goregaon West, Mumbai 62
    Mobile Phone 9869587924

Vilas Kowjalgi in Mumbai
    vilasudan@gmail.com

• 19. Dasari said on 6/8/2009 12:34:05 PM
    hi everybody, this is sreedhar from AP, completed B.Com(Comp), doing job in an MNC Company. I want to put a Cow farm with 10-15 cows (starting). I'm interested in Cow Farming, i don't have any idea about that, so anybody tell me or mail me the details like, what are the necessities that i have to, and how much amount it will take to put, How many acres of land that i need and about fodder also.
  • 20. akber said on 6/9/2009 10:41:54 AM
    hi hope keeping well, we got a farm and just planning to start dairy farm of 20 cows and 40 goats, i was just looking for your guidance and catalogs if you have got any will be very helpful, hope a positive reply from you thanks.
  • 21. Vipin Dhankhar said on 6/12/2009 6:20:31 AM
    1. If there is any free handbook or catalog please send me
    2. How much land require to start a farm.
    3. For 30 cows and buffaloes.
    4. Machinery required and their cost.
    5. Shed building should be.
    6. feed and feeding method to get more milk.
    7. Minimum lands and money required to start with.
    Thanks
    Vipin Dhankhar
    #9310121783
  • 22. ramesh said on 6/13/2009 4:21:29 AM
    Hi, I want to start dairy business from chennai. can you guide me how to start the business. how much money i need to spent for buying cows. where i can buy it. how much land needed for 20 cows. what are the machineries i need to buy for it. Help me please already who started this business. how much amount i should have backup for it. please kindly send me the catalog about the dairy business. thanks to all, with regards, ramesh.G
  • 23. alan boyd said on 6/15/2009 10:23:42 AM
    i really like cows and tractors and especially sheep because they go BAAAA. i live just outside Kircubbin county down northern ireland on a really big farm so i hope you liked this. thanks for the help
  • 24. rajesh nadar said on 6/21/2009 6:06:50 AM
    I WANT TO START A NEW DAIRY MILK PLANT AT NASHIK, PLEASE GUIDE ME FOR 3000 LT OF MILK PER DAY PRODUCTION, REQUIREMENT OF NO'S OF COWS, TYPES OF MACHINERY, i.e FROM RAW MILK TO TOTAL PACKING OF MILK. PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL FOR ME.
  • 25. Mahendra said on 6/22/2009 1:55:24 AM
    Hi I want to start a dairy business in nellore district at my home town. Can you give me a detailed description how to start, where to buy the cows. And how much the cost to start the business for 40 cows. And about the machinery which should be used.
  • 26. Vipin Dhankhar said on 6/22/2009 5:04:03 AM
    Hi, I want to start dairy business from Chennai. can you guide me how to start the business. how much money i need to spent for buying cows. where i can buy it. how much land needed for 20 cows. what are the machinery i need to buy for it. Help me please who already started this business. how much amount i should have backup for it. please kindly send me the catalog about the dairy business. thanks to all, with regards Vipin Dhankhar # 09810121783 # 09310121783
  • 27. Venu Gopala Rao said on 6/22/2009 7:37:07 AM
    I am looking to start for Dairy farm, I want to know firstly how much the investment required for minimum to start a Dairy, and also how many Cows are required for 1500 LT per a day.
  • 28. avinash said on 6/24/2009 11:30:05 AM
    Hi, i want to start a dairy business in jharkhand, Can any body give me a detailed description how to start, where to buy the cows. And how much capital i need to start the business for 20 cows. And about the machinery which should be used. Please feel free to call me on below no. 9015310194. 9311255099.
  • 29. srinivas said on 6/25/2009 12:54:02 PM
    Dear Sir, I want to start dairy business at Ongole district in Andhra Pradesh. Please suggest me the number of buffaloes needed for a startup business and other required things. I wanted to do the ground work once i get the details. Please also send me if you have any catalog on the same. Thank You in Advance, Regards, Srinivas
  • 30. Tod said on 6/27/2009 2:22:28 AM
    Hi, i want to start a dairy farm business. I was just wondering if you can make a good living owning one. I would like to focus most of the intention on the cows and taking care of them and not worry so much on farming the land, instead buying the feed. Just wondering if you think this is a good way to go about it. Growing up it seemed like most of the farmers spent more time in the fields, rather than taking care of the cows properly.
  • 31. amarnath said on 6/29/2009 6:43:23 AM
    Dear Sir, I want to start dairy business at sullurupet, nellore district in Andhra Pradesh. Please help me to setup the firm, send me if you have any catalog on the same. Thank You in Advance, Regards, Amarnath
  • 32. MR.KHAN said on 6/29/2009 2:36:45 PM
    Dear Sir, I want to start my own dairy farm. I would like to focus most of the intention on the cows & buffaloes and taking care of them. Please also send me if you have any catalog on the same. Thank You in Advance, Regards, MR.KHAN
  • 33. Kevin said on 7/2/2009 8:42:23 PM
    Hi. I recently decided that I would love to start a dairy farm here in Sarnia, ON, CANADA. I'm just wondering how I should go about financing, will a bank give us a loan big enough?
  • 34. kandan chennai said on 7/4/2009 6:33:44 AM
    Hello, i would like to start a dairy firm near Chennai. i am really confused to select place and what all surveys to do and investment to be made in equipment and man power. please any one could help me regarding this things.
  • 35. Tshepanng marai said on 7/6/2009 2:56:47 AM
    i live on plot with my parents we have cows. i realized that selling our cows milk would make me enough money for my further studies. i went to the department of agriculture for help but sadly never got any response. i would really appreciate help right now. my phone number is 073 523 9998.
  • 36. shireesha said on 7/9/2009 5:44:51 AM
    hi! i want to start a small scale dairy farm for say 50 buffalo's
    1. how to start
    2. how much it costs
    3. what type of buffalo's are to be taken
    4. cost of the buffalo
    and etc details, please help me.
  • 37. Satyadev Mishra said on 7/14/2009 7:22:16 AM
    I want to setup a dairy farm of 40 cows and 20 buffaloes so how much it will cost and which type of cows and buffalo are required, tell all about dairy farm. thanks, Satyadev mishra
  • 38. raju.doppalapudi said on 7/14/2009 1:10:39 PM
    hi! i want to start a small scale dairy farm for say 50 buffaloes
    1. how to start
    2. how much it costs
    3. what type of buffalo's are to be taken
    4. cost of the buffalo
    and etc details, please help me.
  • 39. sanjay said on 7/15/2009 7:31:26 AM
    Hi, I want to start dairy business from belgaum. can you guide me how to start the business. how much money i need to spent for buying cows. where i can buy it. how much land needed for 30 cows. what are the machineries i need to buy for it.
  • 40. vadhooth said on 7/16/2009 11:29:44 AM
    I am from Tamilnadu. I like to start a dairy farm in tamilnadu. Please help me and send details for 50 cows or buffaloes. How much capital i need, land, machinery, equipments, labours etc. Or send any project report or any other details like in tamilnadu where and which person to contact etc. I will appreciate your help. Thanking you in advance.
  • 41. santhosh kumar said on 7/17/2009 1:49:06 AM
    Sir, I would like to initiate a dairy farm with 20 cattles of HF cows in 5 acres of land. could you please suggest me how much investment i should bear and what are the equipments does it require with modern techniques. i am eagerly waiting for your reply. With regards, santhosh.
  • 42. vivek said on 7/18/2009 5:34:08 AM
    1. If there is any free handbook or catalog please send me
    2. How much land require to start a farm.
    3. For 20 cows. 4. Machinery required and their cost.
    5. Shed building should be.
    6. feed and feeding method to get more milk.
    7. Minimum lands and money required to start with.
  • 43. Vijay Bhardwaj said on 7/19/2009 4:18:46 AM
    sir,
    1. I want to start a new milk processing unit at Indore. I would like to know the minimum capital requirement & % of returns? What are the export opportunities available on milk products how they can be fetched?
    2. I also want to setup an spices manufacturing unit at Indore.
    You may contact me on my mobile 91 9826022224. thanks
  • 44. mukesh kumar said on 7/21/2009 7:17:13 AM
    hello sir, i want to open a dairy farm at least with 20 cows in palwal, haryana. tell me the food for cows by which i can get more milk and which breed is better to give milk for long time. please tell me the place from where i can buy good breed cows. please send me suggestion. thanks a lot
  • 45. srikanth said on 7/24/2009 2:29:37 PM
    Hi everyone, i want to open a dairy farm with 50 buffaloes. So anyone can provide me the details regarding economics involved in setting up shed, buying animals, feed, number of labours required etc. And also about the banks or cooperative societies providing the financial help. Thanks.
  • 46. Nitis Deb said on 7/25/2009 11:24:51 AM
    I am planning to start a Dairy Farm with Processing Unit in my Home State Tripura. I want to know in what way you can help me in the above project. There are already two Processing unit in the state one is Govt. and other is Private. waiting for an early reply from your end. Thanks,
  • 47. super man said on 7/26/2009 12:38:33 PM
    i am want to start cow dairy. i want to know how much land will it take, how to build a farm.
  • 48. super man said on 7/26/2009 12:40:17 PM
    1. If there is any free handbook or catalog please send me
    2. How much land require to start a farm.
    3. For 200 cows.
    4. Machinery required and their cost.
    5. Shed building should be.
    6. feed and feeding method to get more milk.
    7. Minimum lands and money required to start with.
    Thanks
  • 49. tejodeep said on 7/27/2009 2:33:42 AM
    Hello Sir, I am looking to invest in dairy farm, i want to produce 1000 litres a day, so how can i plan for this business, and please give me some guidance as i am looking to invest in south india and can you briefly explain me what exactly i need, like lands and technology. Thanks in Advance Tejo
  • 50. I R KARTHIK YADAV said on 7/28/2009 11:43:12 AM
    hello sir, i want dairy farm milk production. i would like to know how to start dairy and what are machinery used. please give suggestion, thank you.
  • 51. Shyam Sundar Rao said on 7/29/2009 2:42:39 AM
    Sir, I WANT TO START A DAIRY FARM, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO START DIARY FARM AND MACHINERY AND OTHER NECESSARY TIPS.
  • 52. D.S. Chauhan said on 7/29/2009 9:29:20 AM
    Sir, I WANT TO START A DAIRY FARM, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO START DAIRY FARM AND RELATED INFORMATION TO MAKE IT MILK/BY PRODUCTS OF MILK AS A BUSINESS
  • 53. Naresh Pratap Singh said on 8/1/2009 3:54:05 PM
    I WANT TO START DAIRY FARM WITH 25 COWS OR BUFFALOES. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO START DAIRY FARM AND RELATED INFORMATION TO MAKE IT MILK/BY PRODUCTS OF MILK AS A BUSINESS. PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTION HOW MUCH CAPITAL I NEED AND WHO WILL FINANCE / LOAN FOR OUR PROJECT. WE HAVE OWN LAND IN MY VILLAGE ( KASGANJ - U.P ). Thank you. Kind Regds, Naresh Pratap Singh, Cell.No.91-98290 19586
  • 54. Anand said on 8/4/2009 2:59:28 PM
    Hi Sir, i would like to start a dairy firm in UP. i am really confused to select place and what all surveys to do and investment to be made in equipment and man power. please any one could help me regarding this things. please send the details of dairy firm and who is the responsible person to contact in order to start the business
  • 55. ushasubramanian said on 8/7/2009 1:59:09 AM
    Sir, I WANT TO START A DAIRY FARM, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO START DIARY FARM, MACHINERY AND OTHER NECESSARY TIPS.
  • 56. dipankar said on 8/8/2009 2:16:49 PM
    dear sir i want all the details about dairy milk farming and where can i get the books and catalogs of it. I have a land at Nadia, west bengal. Please suggest the type of cattle which will give high yield of milk and other modern tech. etc. to take care of the cow dung and their smell and drainage etc. Not to disturb the other inhabitants in the neighborhood. Regards, Dipankar
  • 57. Munna Bashir Ahmed said on 8/10/2009 4:16:13 AM
    I am from sholapur, i want to start small dairy farm with 10 cow can you please help me for the below points
    1) Finance required
    2) land required
    3) advantage and disadvantage
    4) best cow
    5) machinery and necessary tips
    6) books and catalog
  • 58. rakesh kumar said on 8/11/2009 3:04:22 AM
    i m from baddi in himachal pardesh. i have own land and i want to start dairy farm but i don't know about this how can i start. is the loan for diary farm is available?
  • 59. Manpreet Singh said on 8/11/2009 11:48:30 PM
    Hello Sir, I am Manpreet Singh. I want to start dairy farming in punjab. Sir i would like to know how can i start dairy farm and how much land i need, which type of machinery and other necessary tips. I want to start my dairy farm with 10 Buffaloes. So please sir help me to start the business of dairy farm. Thanking You
  • 60. Suresh said on 8/15/2009 5:49:45 PM
    I wants to start a Dairy farm in Vellore in my native village. Initially 10 to 15 cows. Anyone interested, please help to share your suggestion.
  • 61. T.K.T. Reddy said on 8/16/2009 1:16:25 AM
    Hi, I am a pensioner (civilian) from Ministry of Defence, India. I am interested in dairy farming/animal husbandry. Any body having land in and around Bangalore either willing to give on lease or on partnership basis may kindly contact me. In case it is on partnership basis his share would be equivalent to lease amount initially, the farm will start from zero level that is purchasing calves and rearing them to cows, meanwhile poultry and goat/sheep farming will also be taken up to earn money far the growth of dairy farm.
  • 62. Fredrick said on 8/18/2009 8:07:36 AM
    I would like to make an investment in dairy farming. I have 3.5 hector of land and hope to keep 50 dairy cows in 3years time. please advice on a startup strategy
  • 63. basanta kumar beherra said on 8/18/2009 11:35:00 PM
    Sir, I am basanta kumar behera from a small village Ratanapur, Nayagarh, Orissa. I want to start a milk business with 5-6 cows. How I will benefit in this business and how much capital it require, and how I get loan for this business and what type of insurance it require please guide me. I want to make a self employee man and help people to be employed Thanks
  • 64. gatuso said on 8/19/2009 6:42:04 AM
    i have a question, i want to start a diary farm with its own processing and packing machine. how much will it cost me to buy the instrument?
  • 65. Gorle said on 8/20/2009 9:51:03 AM
    To be more simple I have a plan of setting up of milk producing agent. Please let me know how should I start My dairy farm with 30 cows and initial principal amount for machinery, building and etc.
  • 66. sudhakar said on 8/23/2009 5:48:08 PM
    Hello sir, I would like to start a dairy farm in nalgonda, AP. Can you suggest on the following:
    1. please send if there is any free handbook or catalog
    2. How much land require to start a farm for 10 cows and later on increase
    3. what breed of cows are suggested
    4. Machinery required and their cost.
    5. Shed building details
    6. feed and feeding method to get more milk.
    7. Minimum lands and money required to start with.
    8. manpower requirements
    Thanks and Regards, sudhakar
  • 67. Jacob Mathew said on 8/24/2009 9:45:38 AM
    I too want to start my own dairy farm in kerala but still i got the spirit for dropping that but confused with the proceedings could any one help me with some valuable advices
  • 68. avinash singh said on 8/25/2009 12:57:05 PM
    i want to start a dairy farm with 10 cows and 10 buffaloes at district mahoba, uttar pradesh. i have 2 acres of land. how can i get loan from the banks and co-operative societies? i want to know that how to make a good shed for the cows and buffaloes? i also want to know that what equipments would be needed in this project?
  • 69. vivek salathia jammu said on 8/27/2009 3:49:09 AM
    dear sir, I would like to start a dairy farm in the beginning with 10 to 12 cows in Jammu. please kindly send me the details regarding the total cost and start up procedure by email asap. Regard vivek salathia
  • 70. vishram Margaj said on 8/28/2009 3:00:40 PM
    Hello sir, I would like to start a dairy farm in sindhudurga, MAHARASHTRA. How many plan of Central government, panchayat samiti And grampanchayat. Please provide information to me Thanks and Regards, vishram
  • 71. karthikeyan said on 8/29/2009 8:01:36 AM
    dear sir, i would like to start a dairy form in kodaikanal. i have five acres land and how can i get bank loan, what are source of good milk cow near? how much amount needed for starting the farm? any other govt scheme related to start dairy farming? any other dairy farming project? please kindly give me appreciable idea for starting modern dairy farm. with regards, karthik.
  • 72. bhubaneswar choudhari said on 8/29/2009 10:08:41 AM
    hi sir, i am bhuban from andhra pradesh, india. i want to start one small milk dairy firm. i want loan to start my firm. which type of cow are suited for my weather. have a nice day sir
  • 73. Pavan said on 9/1/2009 12:12:43 PM
    Hello sir, i am from andhra pradesh, India.. i want to start a medium scale diary farm. so please can you let me know the capital required and amount of land in acres required to cultivate the bale required for feeding and also which type of bale(the variety which is best for cattle).. waiting for your reply sir.. have a nice day
  • 74. Khush said on 9/2/2009 3:02:30 AM
    Hi, I'm very much interested in starting a dairy firm with 10 cows, 15 goats and 100 chickens....Can you please guide me about how much space and capital is needed and what are equipments needed to save manual work? Thanks
  • 75. malik ikram said on 9/4/2009 8:13:53 AM
    hi! i am intending to put up a dairy to cater 50000 families for their needs related milk and other dairy related products such as yogurt, cheese, butter etc and then to have it delivered early morning. kindly provide me with fuller details of costs, tools, and guidelines on how to conduct it, i shall be extremely thankful.
  • 76. T. Balaji Kumar said on 9/10/2009 8:49:37 AM
    Dear sir, I want to start with 25 buffaloes, is their any possibility to get loan through self employment skim. what is the procedure to get the loan. please advise me. Regards Balaji Kumar T
  • 77. Mohan said on 9/10/2009 4:21:33 PM
    Dear Sir, I am planning to start the business with 50 Buffaloes. Please let me know the details... how much will be the initial investment.. expenses... maintenance.... Regards, Mohan
  • 78. vikram singh said on 9/13/2009 6:29:05 AM
    hi, i want to start the dairy farm in a village. i want to start it with 20 cows. please send all investment detail and idea to get govt loan and subsidies.
  • 79. rajnish kumar agrawal said on 9/13/2009 12:57:21 PM
    i want to start a dairy form in ghazipur (U.P.) but i have no knowledge for this business like investment, land, type of cows & buffaloes.
  • 80. krb said on 9/16/2009 2:30:40 AM
    hello, there. i would love to start a dairy farm very soon. may you advice me on the following; how many cows, breeds of dairy animal, what equipment, size of the pasture land and labour looking at the fact that i am in Botswana. how about you do me a favour by doing a detailed business plan on dairy farm. thank you
  • 81. prasanta kumar mandal said on 9/16/2009 1:06:26 PM
    I want to do any small business by which i can earn 30 k per month. Please suggest me. Let me know the cost to set up a dairy product manufacturing plant. Feel free co contact me on 09380201455
  • 82. Dilpreet said on 9/17/2009 1:25:00 AM
    hi, i am dilpreet. i would like to start a dairy form with 30 cows. then i exapand this buisness to 500 cows. so i need insvestor.
  • 83. WILSON K.S. said on 9/17/2009 10:57:26 AM
    Dear Sir, I would like to start a small dairy farm in Kerala (India). (20 Cows and 20 Buffalo) I have 2 Acre of Land. I am working in Saudi Arabia since 1995 whether I can avail any finance from India. To whom I have to contact for the Loan. Thanking you, WILSON K.S.
  • 84. praphul rajan said on 9/17/2009 6:10:37 PM
    Sir, i will like to know if i can start a cow farm in 1 acre of land, cultivate their feed also and do the business without any use of tractor or anything but with normal labour.
  • 85. Sunny Soni said on 9/18/2009 3:44:50 PM
    hello sir, My name is Sunny Soni and i am from gorakhpur, uttar pradesh. I have very keen interest in opening a Small Business Dairy Firm at the initial stage and latter to expand it and i think i can be a great entrepreneur for this industry as India is world's largest country in producing Milk. But i don't have proper guideline and consultant who can suggest me in proper direction to set-up the firm. I have all requirements and capital to invest in this business but i need only a basic consultancy to start a Raw milk fluid supplier firm in Uttar Pradesh. So if any of the consultant can please help me out with perfect plans then please! call me @ 9249033700 or you can mail me @ sunny.appin@gmail.com. Please do the needful to me by sending the investment details and business proposal as i am planning to start with 20 cows and buffaloes.. waiting for your speedy reply..
  • 86. Mahendar Reddy said on 9/19/2009 2:45:03 AM
    dear sir, I am an unemployed aged at 35, want to start a small dairy milk farming business(with jersey cows) which can yield me abt 20000 p.m, I have 4 acres of land in my village and 2-3 lacs of capital, please do suggest me how to purchase the cows and their equipment cost of the unit farm. please help me. if there are any free books & catalogs. i am planing to start with 10-15 cows and do let me know the price of each jersey cow.
  • 87. Manish Rankawat said on 9/19/2009 6:39:24 AM
    Dear sir, i am from Banswara, rajasthan. I am keen interested in opening a small Dairy Farm (initially with 10 cows & latter to expand). But i don't have proper knowledge. Please help me by suggesting a detailed business plan, as i want to know-
    1) if there are any free books & catalog.
    2) breeds of cows, buffaloes, from where it can be purchased & its cost.
    3) land required per cow & total investment for 10 cows.
    4) cow feeds for better yield.
    5) automated milk equipment& other necessary machinery.
    6) Any assistance by Govt regarding subsidy, finance. Any license formalities, where it to be performed?
    7) Demerits, precautions to be taken.
  • 88. Raju. Deshmukh said on 9/22/2009 1:11:33 PM
    Dear Sir, i have a buffalo dairy farm in pune, i would like to start keeping HF Cows But i want to keep heifers. So please help to buy Holstein Friesian heifers below 1 yr age and 20 HF cows 2 yr lactation. Please quote avg cost and yield and where i can buy these HF cows. 20 cows 20 heifers or 50 heifers (females) only.
  • 89. fayyaz said on 9/23/2009 9:13:31 AM
    dear sir i wanna open a dairy farm biz in ratnagiri but i don't wanna buy cow and buffaloes, i will buy milk from other suppliers. i will pack those milk and sell in the market, so what i need to do? which equipment i need to buy? please help me. cont-9869182147 or faiyaz_b4u@rediffmail.com,thanx..
  • 90. Shirish Kalamkar said on 9/25/2009 8:22:55 AM
    Dear Sir, I am interested in Milk collection center and pack it to sell in domestic market. I would like to start it with 1000 Ltr a day. How much would be capital cost to begin. Where can I get detail report on it. Is there any promotional program by GOI or State Govt.
  • 91. Chetan said on 9/25/2009 1:53:35 PM
    Dear Sir, I want to start a dairy farm in Punjab. Please send me all the investment details and equipment needed. I want to start it on a smaller scale and would like to know if I can import cattle from abroad for maximum productivity.
  • 92. Cyriac Mathew said on 9/26/2009 6:40:39 AM
    Hi Sir, I would like to start a small diary farm in Kerala (Malapuram Distrcit). i would like to know the following in detail and as a project report.
    1. Land required
    2. Investment & Facilities or Machineriers required
    3. Any license requirement to start up.
    4. Facility and Availability of Govt schemes
    5. Breeds of cows, Buffalos and best ones
    Thanks & Regards, Cyriac
  • 93. Karri Sudhakara Rao said on 9/30/2009 8:46:47 AM
    I want to start a dairy farm with 15 cows so please help me to see the cow farm on line. thanking you
  • 94. ASHOK NAMBIAR said on 10/6/2009 9:36:09 AM
    Dear Sir, I want to start a Dairy farm in Kerala. Please guide and provide the sample project report. Thanks, Ashok Nambiar
  • 95. G.N.Singh said on 10/7/2009 11:22:28 AM
    Dear Sir, We want to start a dailry farming in eastern u.p. with 100 cow, please send the details about, land, capital, breed, plant & machinery for milk proccessing unit.
  • 96. Ebrahim said on 10/9/2009 2:29:16 PM
    Dear Sir / Madem,
    I would like to have a detailed project report regarding GOAT FARM such as required area to grow up to 40 nos of GOATS, amount to be invested, what kind of plants to be grown as fencing as well as green feeder to the goats etc. Expecting your immediate reply in this regard & your support for starting such farm will be more helpful to us. Thanks & Regards, Ebrahim, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, South India.
  • 97. jhaderaghoo said on 10/10/2009 7:47:01 AM
    i want to start a dairy farm with 20 buffaloes in hyderabad. please send me the details of investment, land requirements, and how to feed the animals.
  • 98. M.Trinadha Rao said on 10/11/2009 12:07:43 PM
    I want to start a dairy farm with 20-25 buffaloes in Visakhapatnam. Please send me the details of investment, other requirements and finance requirements. please help us. Thanking You, regards, Trinadha Rao
  • 99. Venugopal said on 10/12/2009 9:11:44 AM
    Hello Sir/Madam, I am based out of Bangalore and am interested in starting a dairy farm. I would like to get details on land, capital, breed, plant & machinery for milk processing unit, risks involved, what would be the return on investment and man power required. Thanks and regards, Venu
  • 100. Guest said on 10/14/2009 6:40:39 AM
    can you give me complete details to start with, investments, no of cattle required, machinery, land area, fodder, per day output of milk, man power required and other things apart from this Early reply will be helpful. Thanks
  • 101. Pratap Kumar Matta said on 10/15/2009 10:52:54 AM
    Sir/Madam, I feel that I am the right person to start a dairy farm. I was born and brought up in a family whose main income source is agriculture and animal husbandry. I have practical knowledge and practical difficulties in this business. I want to know how to start from you and what are the Government Authorities that gives financial support on subsidy basis and information about the place where the HF brand cows and murrah type buffaloes available in and around Andhra Pradesh for commercial purpose. Your guidance will definitely help me to flourish in this business. Thanks, Pratap Kumar, 09848551227
  • 102. Veerendra said on 10/19/2009 2:10:43 AM
    I want to start a dairy farm of 10 cows, near by bangalore, i want to know initial investment for 10 cows and there maintenance up to 1 month
  • 103. Reyaz Ahmad said on 10/19/2009 3:31:52 AM
    I am interested in setting a dairy farm in Kashmir with at least 100 cows. Can you kindly tell me the investment required and the companies who can establish this project on turnkey basis. Thanks.
  • 104. shrikant said on 10/19/2009 11:47:30 PM
    hi! i want to start a small scale dairy farm for say 50 buffaloes in Gulbarga Karnataka. i have 5 acres land. so please let me about these questions.
    1. how to start
    2. how much it costs
    3. what type of buffalo's are to be taken and how we import the buffalo's and where we get the good quality of buffaloes.
    4. cost of the buffalo and etc details, please help me.
  • 105. ali khan said on 10/20/2009 7:43:03 PM
    hello sir, I'm interested to put a dairy farm. actually my father is a landlord so he already has 15 cows. we've got about 125 acres, so thanks GOD land is not a problem. now I'm serious about the dairy farm since I've come to know there is enough potential. Could you please tell me that how to buy cows? I mean what type and etc. I want to buy 10 cows for time being. what is the equipment required? what kind of shed I need to build? what feed I should give them and at what times in a day? In all how much investment we are talking about? I would be so grateful to you if you can help me out. thank you. regards, ali khan
  • 106. Brian Thorp said on 10/20/2009 8:12:11 PM
    I want to start up a dairy farm of 30-40 cows mostly to milk and sell it. But also to breed them and sell them to larger dairy farms. I don't have much capital or land is there grants out there to start dairy farms?
  • 107. Sunil Ghanathe said on 10/21/2009 3:03:31 AM
    We are based out at Hyderabad owned 5 acres of wet land we want to start up dairy farm, request you to kindly provide us details such as what breed buffalo's can be used in farming, budget, machinery and building requirements, manpower, eligibility for bank loans under Govt. policies, milk processing unit, power requirements, water needs(we have a bore well in the land) risks involved, what would be the return on investment and any other information that may help in setting up the dairy farm. Regards,
  • 108. syedazmathpeer said on 10/22/2009 2:30:30 AM
    i want to start a dairy farm for about 15 cows in my village and i want to know how much land it requires, where we have to buy Australian cows, whats the rate of australian cows, how much milk does it gives, how much loan can we get from the bank and finally show the plan to build farm house.
  • 109. Prayag said on 10/22/2009 3:58:59 AM
    Hello Sir, I am currently well employed and am earning 40k per month from my service. I have this thing for business and always wanted to have my own dairy farm. Can you please guide as is my endeavor worth the while? What will be investment involved for a 100 cows dairy and what all are the possible risk associated?.Please be informed that i will be leaving my job for the same. Awaiting your reply. Thanks, Prayag.
  • 110. dharmender singh said on 10/22/2009 5:17:56 AM
    sir i want to start my own dairy . But i have no idea regarding this business, i'm resident of yamunanagar distt. so plz suggest me about it & provide detail of loan, cost. Please be informed that i will be leaving my job for the same
  • 111. ashish said on 10/24/2009 4:43:34 AM
    i want to open up a dairy farm and i have 2 bighas of land what would be the amount to start a dairy farm and what manpower will be needed kindly let me know
  • 112. vikas srivastava said on 10/24/2009 3:31:42 PM
    i want to start a dairy business in my village. i want to just know that how i take help from nationalize bank and what are government subsidies that we get, i have my own farm.
  • 113. ANURAG SHARMA said on 10/25/2009 12:44:28 PM
    I am from Jodhpur, Rajasthan. I am keen on initially starting a small dairy business(around 10 cows). But need some guidance on the same.
    a) Where to procure the best quality cows/buffaloes?
    b) What is the cost involved in procuring each cow/buffalo.
    c) The other costing involved.
    d) The machines that can be used to make things more efficient. e) How much space is required.
    d) How can the marketing of milk and milk products be done.
  • 114. Shahid Ansari said on 10/26/2009 3:05:05 AM
    I am from Andhra Pradesh Nalgonda District want to start dairy Farm with 15 to 20 cows I have 1000 square yard land close to Hi Way road is it possible to start or required more
    • Required Land
    • Accessories and machinery
    • Capital
    • From where we can get Australian or any other your suggestion cows
    • Risk
    • Manpower
    • Environment
    • Medical
    • License and permission
    • Insurance and subsidy
    • Life of each cow
    • Feed
    • Expecting monthly income
    Please send me your suggestion I appreciate on your support, Regards, Shahid Ansari
  • 115. rajesh jain said on 10/26/2009 6:36:09 AM
    i am form indore, m.p. i want to start dairy business. and i would like to know all details about dairy farm like what will be the initial investment which type of cow or buffalo i have to buy and what is more prefer cow or buffalo.
  • 116. HASNAT RAJA said on 10/29/2009 5:30:00 AM
    I AM FROM RAWALPINDI PAKISTAN, AND INTERESTED TO START DAIRY FARM WITH 100 COWS, I NEED THE HELP TO START IT, PLEASE SEND ME THE DETAILS OF INVESTMENT WHICH IS NEEDED, AND WHICH KIND OF COWS ARE BEST FOR IT?
  • 117. Naqaraj 4rm AP said on 10/29/2009 10:40:53 AM
    hello sir, i am planing to start a dairy farm so could please let me know where do we get loan and i am desperately waiting for loan and i am really getting disappointed so please let how to go ahead. thanking you in advance
  • 118. IKRAM UL HAQ said on 11/3/2009 3:55:38 AM
    Hi sir, I'm planning to start a dairy farm for about 50 cows in Pakistan. I need your guidance about all aspects of dairy farming. I also want to purchase dairy cows of Freisian breed and freisian & Jersy cross breeds. If you have information could you please email it to ikramulhaq16pk@gmail.com. Regards. Ikram
  • 119. Sree said on 11/6/2009 2:27:59 PM
    I am interested in starting a milk dairy farm nearly 120 miles away from bangalore and it is in AP with 25 cows or buffalos. Please let me know how much land should I need, the type of buffalo to buy and how much it costs for each buffalo and please provide me a project report if you have one. Please mail it to holiday143@gmail.com Regards - Sree
  • 120. Nizam Shaikh said on 11/7/2009 1:27:35 PM
    Dear Sir/ Madam, First of all I am new to this project, hence require your kind attention regarding the following. I am interested in starting an agri project on Dairy Farm with 40-50 cows. please provide me details information regarding this project including Proper land environment, Capital, Manpower, Medical and treatment, Types of cows, feeding structure etc.... Is any permission or license required for setting up this project. Any types of loan availability from the central or state government..?? Have talent to grow this business to a new height but require your kind support if you can please provide me the details elaborately. Thanks and regards, Nizam Shaikh
  • 121. Shaswat Moharana said on 11/8/2009 12:51:03 PM
    I want to start a small size diary farm in Orissa using 10 nos. of hybrid cows. please guide me for cattle selection and setting up a diary farm.
  • 122. Jay said on 11/11/2009 10:37:17 AM
    Hi. Am from Kerala, and we need some information for setting up a dairy farm in kerala. It would be grateful if you could provide contact details of any one running a dairy farm in kerala. Also, we would like to know the suitable places to start the same.
  • 123. Sanjay Bhusal said on 11/13/2009 12:55:54 PM
    Hello! I am from Nepal and interested on dairy business. To start farm house with capacity 100 to 150 cows and the purpose is for milk and dairy product only. Can I have some Helpful tips?
  • 124. Srinivas Reddy said on 11/14/2009 6:39:07 AM
    hi! i want to start a small scale dairy farm in Nalgonda, Andhra Pradesh, India. i have 7 acres of land. so please let me know the answers of these questions.
    1. how can i start this farm?
    2. how much it costs to start a dairy farm?
    3. what breed of buffaloes should i buy and what is its productivity?
    4. what about the expenses and cost of each buffalo?
    5. How many buffaloes is sufficient to grow in the above said 7 acres of land
    6. If i want to start a poultry farm under contract farming. could you guide me with the above details
  • 125. samba said on 11/14/2009 8:51:01 AM
    HELLO ALL THE BEST FOR ALL IN DAIRY FARM INDUSTRY. I am also interested to start a dairy farm. so please anyone can send me the milk dairy projects details to sambasivarao_koye@yahoo.co.in. thankyou, samba
  • 126. DR.TAHIR KALER said on 11/15/2009 12:56:21 AM
    I WANT TO START DAIRY FARM IN SANGHAR SINDH. LOOKING FOR A COMPREHENSIVE FEASIBILITY REPORT. GUIDANCE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED
  • 127. sammy said on 11/15/2009 8:53:03 AM
    Hi, i am interested in dairy forming(zero-gressing)a capacity of around 10 cows. please can i get a guide or a booklet to assist me through, or somebody to give a written explanations on rough estimates in-terms of cost of shade construction, equipments, type of cows for best production, management, manpower requirements and farm setup.
  • 128. karthik said on 11/16/2009 12:48:26 AM
    I want to start dairy farm business, guide me which type of cow shall i buy to get maximum benefit i am in kumbakonam, tamilnadu. and other guidelines for cash flow chart. i want to start from 10 cows and step by step i will increase the cows. thanks
  • 129. skha said on 11/16/2009 6:25:31 AM
    I HAVE 18HA FARMING LAND IN BOTSWANA ABOUT 50 KM FROM CAPITAL CITY GABORONE AND WOULD LIKE TO START DAIRY FARMING, SO NEED BUSINESS GUIDE ON HOW TO START THE BUSINESS, A STEP BY STEP GUIDE: FROM AMOUNT OF LAND FOR GRAZING 5O HERDS, TYPE OF BREEDS AND FEEDS, MACHINERY, MARKETING, MANAGEMENT ETC.
  • 130. skha said on 11/16/2009 6:35:25 AM
    HI, HAVE ALREADY SENT YOU AN E- MAIL REQUESTED FOR GUIDES ON RUNNING A DAIRY FARM BUT I WOULD ALSO REQUIRE YOU TO HELP WITH WRITING A BUSINESS PLAN.
  • 131. venkat said on 11/17/2009 2:51:38 PM
    I am venkat from warangal, andhra. i would like to start a dairy project with 10 murrah buffaloes, i want the project estimate. I need some help in preparing dairy project to get loan from bank, i have owned 5 acres of land with enough water supply.. can any one contact me on NINE, EIGHT, EIGHT, FIVE, THREE, FIVE, SEVEN, NINE, FIVE, NINE E-mail address venkatcmsatgmailcom. Thanks in Advance Venkat
  • 132. mahesh said on 11/18/2009 6:53:40 AM
    Hi, This is mahesh. I am interested to start the milk dairy. can you please guide me on this. what are the steps to be taken before going to start this. do i need to do any registration kind of thing. and how much would be the budget? I am new to this business. Please do the needful. ANANTAPUR, ANDHRAPRADESH, INDIA. Regards, Mahesh
  • 133. Rajendra kumar said on 11/18/2009 1:26:02 PM
    If you have a project report at hand could you please mail it to kumars_rk@rediffmail.com. I am from bangalore want to start dairy Farm with 50 to 100 cows, Could you provide me details to start this business.
  • 134. VASU DEV REDDY.PASHAM said on 11/19/2009 3:22:28 AM
    hi! i want to start a small scale dairy farm in Nalgonda, Andhra Pradesh, India. i have 77 acres of land. so please let me know the answers of these questions.
    1. how can i start this farm?
    2. how much it costs to start a dairy farm?
    3. what breed of cows should i buy and what is its productivity?
    4. what about the expenses and cost of each cow?
    5. How many cows is sufficient to get 1500 ltrs per day
  • 135. shubhendu chakraborty said on 11/21/2009 1:33:41 AM
    No Experience. Engineer By profession. Farm near Jamshedpur on the Ranchi-jamshedpur Highway. Interested to start a dairy business with minimum investment.
  • 136. David Michael said on 11/22/2009 9:02:09 AM
    Hi I am interested into producing a dairy farm and hopefully to make it a cheese producer and sell off some of the milk. Would you know how much I will need for 30 cows complete with the automated milk machine. Can you give me an estimate? I am from the Philippines
  • 137. R. MANJUNATH said on 11/22/2009 11:37:13 AM
    I am planning to start a dairy farm in Tumkur district of Karnataka, India. Kindly give me the details of land requirement, investment required towards the live stock and other equipments, cost of shelter for the live stock, labour force required - if I am looking for a net profit of Rs. 25,000/- per month.
  • 138. alla raveendra reddy said on 11/24/2009 11:08:18 AM
    i am from apswrs/jr college, atchampet 522409 guntur district andhra pradesh. please send the details about dairy farm sir, i want to start my own dairy farm in indore, madhya pradesh. so please let me know the answers of these questions.
  • 139. amit said on 11/25/2009 12:33:53 PM
    Hi I am interested to producing a dairy farm and hopefully to make it a cheese & sweets producer and sell off some of the milk. Would you tell me how much money I will need for 20 cows complete with the automated milk machine. Can you give me an estimate? I am from haryana
  • 140. deva gourineni said on 11/29/2009 3:24:43 AM
    hi! i want to start a small scale dairy farm & milk chilling unit in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India. i have 25 acres of land. so please let me know the answers of these questions. I would like to know the start up cost, if i can start both chilling unit with the farm, etc.
  • 141. YP Sharma said on 11/30/2009 3:50:16 AM
    Dear Sir, I want to start a dairy farm with 50 cows in Punjab / Haryana (around Chandigarh). Please advise me the steps and investment required for the same with specific reference to the -
    1. Land
    2. Infrastructure / building
    3. Machinery
    4. Manpower
    5. Types of dairy animals and their availability / productivity and cost etc.
    6. Type of feeds
    7. Investment
    7. Break even
    8. Approvals required / Govt. incentives available
    9. Any books / literature available on the subject
    Shall appreciate your guidance. Thanks and regards, YP Sharma
  • 142. ap beginner adviser said on 11/30/2009 4:17:07 PM
    Hello to all.

I notice everyone have a question on how much it cost to start dairy business so i will share with you what I read at blog somewhere.. do your own calculation because each state would have a different price structure.

1. Each animal will require about 50 square feet living space and about another 100 square feet to be little mobile with the herds. so that is your barn estimates.

2. about the grass, for each 5 animals, you will need one acre farm to graze.

3. And about the labor, you will need 1 person for 10 animals to milk and take care of them.

4. I have not looked into milk processing unit but that can be outsourced as well.

Hope this calculations help. I am located in NJ and trying to figure out whether to move back to mother India or not so that's how i got all above details. I like to start some thing in Gujarat, more like a process the milk and make a byproducts from it. I am planning to get some college courses here and may be work in a cheese factory to get my hands dirty and learn. I love to chat with someone who already have similar infrastructure set or planning to do so.

Email:aayushi123@hotmail.com

aayushi123@hotmail.com

• 143. V. David Raju said on 12/3/2009 3:24:37 AM
    Bobbili, Vizianagaram, Andhara Pradesh, India. I am mr.V.D.Raju, i would like to start a mini buffalo dairy farm about 10 buffaloes. so kindly help me out
    how much capital required?
    what type of Buffaloes are best for farming?
    how to take care of buffaloes?
    how much for is each buffalo?
    how i can improve the farm once it is opened
    how & where i can get details about budget & planning
    Please help me out
  • 144. Krishna beginner adviser said on 12/3/2009 5:06:05 AM
    writing from Hyderabad, India.
    ===============================
    For everybody asking questions here about how to start the dairy and earn quick money.

Please and please work in a dairy farm near to your place and gain the experience, right from milking, feeding, managing the workers and economics of dairy farm.

Unless you work in dairy, you will never never know what's required. Dairy farm like any other business requires management skills in addition to the love towards agriculture and passion to achieve

Best of Luck guys, Krishna Kalluri
  • 145. Dheeraj said on 12/4/2009 9:06:06 AM
    If you wish to start a dairy farm, all the basics such as
    1. Set up costs
    2. How to start?
    3. Types of breeds (cows & buffaloes)
    4. Milk derivative products
    5. Business plan
    6. Operating cost
    7. Capital cost
    8. How to market the produce?
    9. Cow feed: types, costs and maintenance
    I have a complete book/e-book. Dare I say that before you invest in real life, it is better to equip yourself with the challenges you will face down the line. Many folks that I have come across, fall in love with the idea of having a dairy farm and becoming a kisan kanhiyaa but their ventures in which they have put at least lacs of rupees never takes off because ground reality and unpreparedness bites them in few months. Please email me at dairyfarmingexpertATgmailDOTcom I can send you a paper backed or a password protected pdf. cheers!
  • 146. ashish said on 12/5/2009 10:14:01 AM
    sir already i have two cows. I want to open a dairy farm. But i am working at delhi and my home is in himachal. so sir please tell me the govt. scheme for opening the dairy and tell me how i manage it.
  • 147. Mohan Sharma said on 12/5/2009 11:28:03 PM
    Dear Sir, My name is Mohan Sharma from Thane near mumbai in Maharashtra. I want to setup a dairy farm for milk production at Asangaon which is 40 km from Thane. I am interested in setting up a dairy farm with 10 Cows to begin with.
    What would be the cost involved in setting up one such farm including land.
    What is the area of land is required.
    What are the govt standards & certifications required
    Few questions, that would help you to guide me in a better way.
    1. Which types of breed (Cow or Buffalo) I should go for ? I am looking for the breed that produce more milk, minimum dry period, strong immunization.
    a. If Cow, which type of breed?
    b. If Buffalo, which type?
    c. Mix?
    2. Type of the accessories, machinery
    3. Type of feed.
    4. Infrastructure
    6. Vaccination
    Please send me your suggestion I appreciate on your support on this matter. Thanking you, Regards Mohan Sharma
  • 148. dimple said on 12/7/2009 8:23:07 AM
    bangalore, karnataka, india. i would like to know about the requirements for a detailed diary project, i mean what are all the aspects and contents are to be included in the project. and if possible would also like to get a sample dairy project. thank you.
  • 149. senthilkumar said on 12/8/2009 7:59:16 AM
    dear all, I am planning to start a dairy farm starting with jersy calfs with 20 numbers. kindly let me know where can i buy jersey calves and the approximate investment required. regards, Senthilkumar
  • 150. arjun said on 12/11/2009 12:12:34 PM
    jammu and kashmir..akhnoor. actually i am planning to open a dairy farm in jammu-akhnoor i just wanted to know how much money will it take to start up with 20 cows and what kind of equipments should i buy...to make butter and cheese out of the milk.. thanks
  • 151. jayan said on 12/12/2009 9:00:56 AM
    am planning to start a dairy farm in kerala at any district, India. Kindly give me the details of land requirement, investment required towards the live stock and other equipments, if i get any bank loans, cost of shelter, labour force required - if I am looking for a net profit of Rs. 25,000/- per month. i want know about "milgram-dairy-village-project" in idukki if i invest this project it is successful or not..? pls send me reply...Thank you
  • 152. arnab mitra said on 12/12/2009 10:07:47 AM
    My father having 2 cows and we are well feeding the cow the problem we are facing is the selling process we are not able to retail the milk. the sweet shops does not take cow milk...and if we sale it to the big retailers then we are facing loss. what we can do to maintain our business in smooth process... konnagar, west bengal, india.. phone number--09231683254...
  • 153. George Joseph said on 12/14/2009 1:18:02 AM
    Dear sir, I would like to start dairy business with 10 cows in Kollam Dist., Kerala, India. How much cost will come for all. Is Govt. will give loan or subsidy? How much land required for initial stage?
  • 154. Heyshan Peiris said on 12/14/2009 3:33:51 AM
    I'm heyshan from Sri Lanka. I would like to tart a diary farm with 50 cows in Sri Lanka. How much will it cost? & I need a all details of start up farm.
  • 155. Venkat Rao said on 12/14/2009 6:13:39 AM
    Anakapalli, Andhra Pradesh, India, Request to guide in setting up small scale dairy farm and how to acquire land,machinery and funds provided by Government and amount to be invested from our side.
  • 156. Chandru K said on 12/15/2009 2:50:18 AM
    We would like to start Dairy farm at Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. We can grow the feeds required for the cattles in our farm land itself and have good water facility. I would like to know the project cost including the shed, cattle's equipments and other expenses. The no of cows shall be 10 to start with. Also please let us know the Loan facility available and the subsidies provided by the Governments. Awaiting for your valuable inputs. Best regards, Chandru K
  • 157. B.S.PRASAD said on 12/16/2009 1:47:34 AM
    Dear sir, I wish to start a dairy farm at Bangalore. I need a loan to start with at least 25 cows. Which bank can provide the service for agriculture loan. Prasad, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
  • 158. Sanjay said on 12/16/2009 3:09:35 AM
    Hi, Pls let me know any certification required to start cow farming. I need finance to start up this business so any banks providing loan. Do i need to be a farmer to run this business, b'cos i'm currently working for a Pvt. firm. Pls reply asap.
  • 159. Riyaz khan said on 12/16/2009 8:24:38 PM
    Kindly suggest me, how to start a buffalo dairy farm in nizamabad, andhrapradesh. what will be the estimated cost to start a farm with the help of 20 buffaloes, though i have a farm-house with the facility of water and electricity. I want to develop farm-house along with dairy by installing sheds. Plz let me know the banks which provide loan facility with the subsidies. As a beginner may i request u to furnish the details of best breed to be purchase, tools which comes under usage and how much manpower it requires. Your feedback at ur earliest will be highly appreciated. Warm regards, riyaz khan.
  • 160. pradeep mardia said on 12/17/2009 7:57:13 AM
    Dear sirs, I want to start milk dairy business in Bangalore with 30 cows. Please let me know the list of equipment available of cows best breed, any help from govt for karnataka, and how to take care any institution for learning
  • 161. Uttam Kumar Nargotra said on 12/18/2009 9:27:18 AM
    I am Uttam Kumar Nargotra from Kathua, JAmmu and kAshmir, INDIA. I want to Open HIGH TECH Dairy in KAthua Distt. J&K. Please Help me how can i start, i need full detail about initial capital detail and pre-requisites need to be done. At any Effort i want to open it. Kindly email me all the details, your efforts and advices would be well paid off. Thanks, Uttam, unargotra@gmail.com
  • 162. Santosh Phatate said on 12/18/2009 11:27:29 AM
    Dear Sir, I am M.Sc.Biotech and MBA, I WANT TO START DAIRY FARM BUSINESS AT AURANGABAD, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA. I want guidelines about this business such as what are the major challenges in this business, Specifically about Milking machines are safe to animal or not like wise all worth full info i want. I hope you will help me. Thank You
  • 163. S.Narasimha Raju said on 12/20/2009 4:57:30 AM
    Hello sir, I am from Tanuku town located in Andhra Pradesh, India. I am interested to start dairy farm and i have a little bit experience in it. For economical manage i need buffaloes (murrah breed) which can give minimum of 12 liters per day. I am going to start with 30 buffaloes first & 20 after 6 months. Please help me in this regard. Thank you.
  • 164. Timothy L Parsankul said on 12/20/2009 12:32:58 PM
    Hi please give me information on financing. I have a small land of 270 acres which is in kajiado, kenya, africa. a semi arid area. I was thinking of having a dairy farm of about 20 cattle, and grow my own feeds. I have already dug for water so i want to irrigate the water. I was reading the requirements from your site and i thank you for that. My trouble is writing a business plan that i can forward to a financier. Is it possible to get a copy i could use? Any advise you could give me will be appreciated. Thank you.
  • 165. Kishor Vijay Gawai said on 12/21/2009 2:31:47 AM
    Sir, i would like to start a dairy farm near Buldana district in Maharashtra state please give me information about how to start and what is the requirement. Give me total project for 20 animals. Thanking you,
  • 166. ravichandra said on 12/22/2009 3:11:14 AM
    hi sir i am a mba student now i want to start dairy farm. i am having my own land but i do not know how to start this business. initial steps to start and how to get finance, what are the banks are providing for this business. i am from gulbarga state of Karnataka, India.
  • 167. Shashank Semwal said on 12/22/2009 3:56:18 AM
    Dear Sir, I stay in Delhi, and want to setup Dairy business there only. Can you please let me know what are the legal procedure through, which i need to take accredition. I will market my product with my own brand name and involve in packing and distribution. I will outsource milk from nearby region. Looking for your response eagerly, Thankyou Shashank Semwal
  • 168. Suresh Thangaraju said on 12/23/2009 4:00:07 AM
    Slim River, Perak, Malaysia. I am looking into starting up a dairy farm within the family palm oil estate. Would this be viable? Whats the land size per cow rule of thumb? To see around net profit RM20,000, what size of scale that i am looking at (medium or large). What would be the required investment. In general what is the investment to profit ratio? Pls recommend reference material on starting up dairy farming.
  • 169. prathibha deshpande said on 12/24/2009 12:05:57 AM
    hi, am from andhra pradesh and i want to start a dairy farm and it must be a small scale industry and also tell me how many cows or the buffaloes i need AND IF YOU PROVIDE ANY CATALOG OR A PROJECT REPORT IT WILL BE BETTER
  • 170. shaik.ahammad said on 12/24/2009 6:13:13 AM
    I am from Andhra pradesh. I want start a dairy farm in Guntur dist TENALI. I want know how to start so kindly let me know the details as Investment type of cow(buffaloes) and all other details also I would like to know if i can get any financial help thank you.
  • 171. alekya said on 12/25/2009 1:58:10 AM
    hello sir, am from karimnagar state of Andhra pradesh. I want to start a diary farm with 100 buffaloes. can you tell me pls either cows or buffaloes which is better and can u tell me please the modern techniques that help to reduce manpower. am confused with the loan facility can you describe which banks will give loan for diary. thank you sir
  • 172. srini said on 12/25/2009 6:39:41 AM
    Hello Sir, I am srini from Coastal Andhra. Would like to start medium size (Buffaloes) dairy farm. Have couple of questions.
    1) Which type of buffaloes suited for Coastal Andhra weather(VijayaWada)?
    2) What kind of equipments do i need to buy & approx cost of those equipments?
    3) Where can i get more details about dairy farm?
    thanks for your help, Srini
  • 173. siva said on 12/26/2009 2:28:25 AM
    I want opening new Dairy farm with 30 cows in Thiruvarur, Tamilnadu. How much money I need? I have 6 Acres land Other capitals send me a project report. Thanks, shiva
  • 174. shailesh said on 12/26/2009 5:46:35 AM
    Hello sir, I am from gujrat kuch town located in khuch (Bhuj)India. I am interested to start dairy farm and i have a 30 acres of agriculture land with me. For economical manage i need buffaloes which breed can give minimum of 12 liters per day. I am going to start with 100 buffaloes first & keep growing after 6 months. i need information where do i buy these buffaloes and how much government benefit i get from government. you can mail me or any friends know any thing about these can mail me on shailesh5147@yahoo.c.in Please help me in this regard. Thank you.
  • 175. Alpana Banerjee said on 12/27/2009 11:49:55 AM
    hi, I want to open a medium sized dairy farm with around 30 - 35 cows and I have to purchase land too in Tripura. How much money I need to start up my business and how long it'll take to recover my investments ?
  • 176. Srikanth chundru said on 12/27/2009 12:25:42 PM
    hi i want to start a dairy farm with 20-25 buffaloes
    how to feed a buffalo?
    how much place is required?
    I am from Janampet Village Khammam Dist Andhra Pradesh. Here the Temperature will be 37c-43c, what precautions should be taken to maintain room temperature?
    what will be the price of milking equipment?
    finally what are the advantages and disadvantages?
  • 177. mihir patel said on 12/27/2009 10:08:09 PM
    i want to start dairy business in australia. i live in NSW, australia. i have man power who can help me out but how much expenses behind that? i want to start farm with buffaloes and cows. how much their cost and setup cost?
  • 178. Emmanuel said on 12/28/2009 10:10:06 AM
    Hi, I would like to start a dairy business. I own a half acre plot in the outskirt of Nairobi in Kenya, Africa. I would like to start off with two dairy cows and would like to know:
    1. What kind of shed design I could use.
    2. The kind of feed to use and it's formulation.
    3. The cost of starting such a venture.
    Later on, I would like to expand it once I have gotten the feel of it.
  • 179. abdullah said on 12/28/2009 1:34:52 PM
    i want to start a dairy farm business in dubai and i just want to know that is it good and profitable in dubai. and now a days i am living in karachi
  • 180. saravanakumar said on 12/28/2009 1:35:34 PM
    I would like to start a mini dairy farm in my native (V.Alambalam tamilnadu) let me know the details of which breed i have to select (either jersey or holsten or sindhi) whats the cost of each cow, each should yield at least 25lt. per day minimum and also what is the support available from the state government of tamilnadu. please give me guidelines. i am waiting for your valuable reply saravanakumar
  • 181. SREEKANTH CK said on 12/29/2009 10:58:47 AM
    Hai....We (3 thick friends) are planning a dairy farm with at least 10 cows at Alappuzha. Any body can share your experience with us. Any experts who can guide us, always welcome. As a budding youngsters with so many fresh ideas, we are happy to share those with our well wishers. Our contact no. SREEKANTH CK, KALAVELIL, PATHIRAPPALLY, ALAPPUZHA, INDIA. 9946870111 sreekanthck@yahoo.com
  • 182. ch.kirankumar said on 12/31/2009 5:35:38 AM
    need support to setup a dairy farm in Orissa, i am planning to set up a 300 ltrs per day milking farm, if anybody have details of dairy farms list in orissa please mail me, please contact me on 9040541464, chukkapallykiran@yahoo.com
  • 183. ch.kirankumar said on 12/31/2009 5:43:26 AM
    hello friends i need cheapest agricultural land in orissa to setup above mentioned dairy farm if any idea please mail me. chukkapallykiran@yahoo.com, 9040541464
  • 184. vivek powade said on 12/31/2009 8:11:56 AM
    I have my own land so want to start 10 cows unit for milking. I am from belgaum district near to nippani. so i need project report to avail loan from bank. please send me market survey and bank approval project with detail..
  • 185. Prabhakar said on 1/1/2010 11:54:31 PM
    HI, I would like to start dairy milk production.... like my own production with own company Eg: Nandini, Vijay dairy. i have my own land and location would be 70km from Nellore(dt), AP. i would like to know expenditure on each material and its cost. any loan facility available??? Thanks & Regards, Prabhakar
  • 186. shashank shekhar said on 1/2/2010 1:43:23 AM
    dear sir, i am planning to start a small dairy set-up in a near future which can yield me a profit of 10-15 thousand a month. my business location is not fixed yet. i can invest up to 10 lacs. how much land i must have to raise cows and be able to take proper care of them. what would be the running cost of the set-up. please send me your suggestions and reference of online source which can enrich my knowledge of the subject matter. thankyou, yours sincerely, shashank
  • 187. Amar Sudhakar said on 1/2/2010 6:30:47 AM
    Planing to start Dairy form Near vijayawada, Andhra pradesh, India. Dear Sir/ Madam, Im new to this project, hence require your kind attention regarding the following. I am interested in starting an agri project on Dairy Farm with 40-50 cows. please provide me details information regarding this project including Proper land environment, Capital, Manpower, Medical and treatment, Types of cows, feeding structure etc.... Is any permission or license required for setting up this project. Any types of loan availability from the central or state government? request you to kindly provide us details such as what breed buffalo's can be used in farming, budget, machinery and building requirements, manpower, eligibility for bank loans under Govt. policies, milk processing unit, power requirements, water needs(we have a bore well in the land) risks involved, what would be the return on investment and any other information that may help in setting up the dairy farm. Warm Regards, Amar..
  • 188. PRASAD said on 1/2/2010 11:23:38 AM
    devarapalli west godavari dst andhra pradesh. i want to start dairy farm. suggestions about farm with details and what verity i want to select to my climate? how much investment on 10 buffaloes? profits and loss with tables
  • 189. siddappa. said on 1/3/2010 11:06:38 AM
    sir, my name is siddappa from karnatak state bijapur district, i have completed one week training about dairy farm at dyanish farm bangalore. from 10years my whole family is involved in milk collection (business) around my native. at present i think i have to make 10 buffaloes diary farm myself, i dont know how to get finance assistance from bank. i have 5 acre irrigation land also, please give me right way to make farm for finance help. thank you.
  • 190. DVSNM RAJU said on 1/4/2010 2:22:16 AM
    Hello sir, am from Visakhapatnam state of Andhra pradesh. I want to start a dairy farm with 10 buffaloes we are taken in leased land of 5 acre. 2 acre of land only dairy & balance land cultivation of rice. am confused with the loan facility can you describe which banks will give loan for dairy. thank you sir DVSNM RAJU, Lingarajupalem, S.Rayavaram (MD), Visakhapatnam.Dist, AP
  • 191. shafiq Ahmed said on 1/5/2010 3:09:19 AM
    Now i am working in a private firm. I am interested to establish dairy firm with cows and buffaloes and goats in Bapatla Andhra Pradesh India. please advise how much minimum investment is required. thanks and best regards, Shafiq
  • 192. Nimin P Babu said on 1/5/2010 6:46:11 AM
    hi everybody, this is Nimin from Kerala, completed B.Com(Finance), working in an MNC Company. I want to put a Cow farm with 10-15 cows and buffaloes (starting). I'm interested in dairy Farming, i don't have any idea about that, so anybody tell me or mail me the details like, what are the necessities that i have to, and how much amount it will take to put, How many acres of land that i need and about the below mentioned details.
  • 193. boopathy said on 1/5/2010 11:40:33 AM
    Hi i'm boopathy from tamilnadu, completed BE i need to start a dairy farm with 15-20 cows. I have little idea about this and i am having 5 acres of coconut farm only. can i construct the dairy farm in this. can the grass grow here...
  • 194. scott said on 1/5/2010 8:19:05 PM
    i am interested in starting a dairy in Hanford, california.
  • 195. Sameer Verma said on 1/5/2010 11:28:39 PM
    we are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of milking machines, milking parlours and other farm equipments. We are a German Based firm. Kindly send us any kind of queries regarding farm design, and milking machines and parlours. sameer.verma@geagroup.com +91-9717311991
  • 196. pappu said on 1/6/2010 2:24:31 AM
    hello sir its pappu from tamilnadu, i want to start a dairy farm including turkey and emus. i want to know how much to invest and how much area to start a farm having 20 cows. i also want which type of cow is suitable for hot regions. pls give me some idea to start a cattle farm
  • 197. prabhjot singh said on 1/6/2010 3:51:32 PM
    hello, i am prabhjot singh i am student of MBA. and i would like to start a farming business as my side business correspondent to my job after MBA. i have not so much of finance, knowledge about business. so if you have any suggestion for me to have a well start of my business then please send me mail at prabhjotsinghdhami@ymail.com. thanks, warm regards, Prabhjot Singh
  • 198. RAJAN YADAV said on 1/8/2010 7:11:43 AM
    I AM WORKING AS ACCOUNT EXE. IN SANJAY MILK PRODUCTS PVT.LTD.BY DOING MY DAY TO DAY WORK, I THINK THAT I HAVE TO START MY OWN SMALL DAIRY PLANT AT MY VILLAGE SHIVRIHA, JAUNPUR, UTTAR PRADESH. SO SUGGEST ME HOW CAN I PROCEED. AND TELL ME THE GUIDELINE FOR STARTING THE DAIRY PLANT AT NEW PLACE. AND TELL ME THE COST OF SMALL PASTURISED MILK PLANT.
  • 199. pappu said on 1/8/2010 8:05:06 AM
    hello sir, i am from vellore dist in tamilnadu. i want to start a farm business which is new to me. i want the details about how much land required for 20cows. which type of cow suitable for average temperature of 38 degree. please give guidelines for me. this is the second time to mail u sir.
  • 200. mukesh kumar pandey said on 1/8/2010 10:55:07 AM
    Sir, I would like to open a dairy farm in gopalganj district in Bihar state in India. Please let me know about the process of loan and how to take loan for opening the dairy firm for 20 cows and let me know about the profit getting from the business.