Starting a Coupon Distribution Business

Distributing of coupons is a big marketing tool that businesses, big and small, have been using for years now. It is a method of attracting customers by giving discounts on goods through the use of coupons.

Through the years, consumer’s patronage to coupon has steadily increased thereby improving its effectiveness as a marketing strategy as people learn to value their money more and more.

However, as companies focus to perfect their products, management has been passing administration and supervision of support processes such as coupon distribution has been transferred to organization, Business Process Outsourcing companies (BPO), whose main business is to provide such support. BPO’s can either be proving services for different support processes such as accounting, recruitment, secretarial, etc. or it can focus on a particular activity such coupon distribution. Because coupon distribution as a business is simple and much focused, anyone, even new entrepreneur can get into it easily.

Type of coupon distribution

With the emergence of the World Wide Web, a new venue has been opened to the way coupons are distributed to consumers world wide. The traditional way of distributing coupons are: handling them out to pedestrians or shoppers, handling them to customers upon payment of the goods they bought (they can then use the coupon the next time they shop), through magazine prints which consumers clip to use, or through mails. These days, coupons are also sent through emails, or distributed to different web sites related the product being endorsed.

Before starting a coupon distribution business, it is best to determine first what medium of distribution you will be able to offer client companies. Are you going to do it the traditional way, through the electronic way, or both? This way, you can already decide what skill set you will need to employ.

Coupons are changed depending on the season or availability or supply of a product. Successful coupon distribution could be assessed by the amount of customers the shop receives or the amount of sales a particular product made out of the coupons distributed.

Here is the primary step to follow in setting up a coupon distribution business
  • Determine the type of distribution you want to do
  • File the necessary government documents and business permits
  • Hire the necessary manpower to do the distribution for you, be it on the traditional way or the electronic way
  • Promote your services by talking to potential clients starting with the local shops like grocery, flower shop, pet shop, gym, etc.
  • Monitor consumers’ acceptance of the coupons you are distributing so you can give pointers to your clients for up and coming promotions. Your clients will appreciate the extra service you give
  • Remember that like in any business, customer satisfaction is the key to success

• 1. Maris stellah mcha said on 5/3/2009 4:16:27 AM
    Hi! I am maris stellah, i would love to start coupon business! I am just curious to know the capital to start coupon distribution business.
  • 2. Steve Crary said on 1/29/2010 11:15:23 AM
    Hi! I am starting a coupon business (online & physical distribution) and I need help for business funding. Steve Crary 2250 Scarborough Drive #37, Lodi, ca 95240, 209-333-7888. Thanks for your help
  • 3. Zahi Abdein said on 4/18/2010 11:52:18 AM
    Hi, What are the challenges to start a coupon business overseas? What are the restrictions for coupon barcodes?
  • 4. JMI said on 8/26/2010 11:08:45 AM
    Hi there. My partner and I are starting a coupon distribution business. What's the secret to approaching clients in a way that'll make them want to use us to design an distribute their coupons?
  • 5. Adebayo Olajimi said on 12/8/2010 12:12:53 PM
    i will like to start the coupon business but need more explanation on this business especially in the area of eligibility and type of coupon you think will be highly profitable. Thanks.
  • 6. Herbert Schneider said on 12/15/2010 12:30:47 AM
    Would like to start a coupon business in Reno, NV. What are the licensing requirements for a home business like that
  • 7. rajesh said on 10/11/2012 1:58:18 PM
    I want to start my own small business. pls help me i am from chandigarh in india.
  • 8. Justin Patterson said on 5/31/2013 5:21:22 PM
    I am starting a online savings and local shopping site for Madison, WI and I was hoping to learn of the legal paperwork that would need to be filed in WI. Thank you, Justin
  • 9. Angalique Johnson said on 2/2/2014 12:59:10 AM
    I am ready to start a coupon distribution business in Atlanta, Ga. Who do I contract with?
  • 10. Alzhire McLeod said on 3/29/2014 7:18:23 PM
    I currently own my own business and am seeking to do business with coupon holders. If you are interested in your coupons reaching potential customers through my business feel free to send your proposal. Thank you. Alzhire McLeod.
  • 11. V.DEEPTH KUMAR said on 4/11/2014 5:39:43 AM
    I LIKE TO START COUPON SHARING BUSINESS IN OVERSEAS. PLEASE SUPPORT ME. I AM FROM ANDHRAPRADESH.
  • 12. H. D.Funderburk said on 7/13/2014 4:49:41 PM
    Hi I am interested in the coupon business if there is any information other than the article above i would be happy to have this lecture.
  • 13. Honey said on 8/3/2014 11:24:29 PM
    Hi, My coupons site web pages are ready but any buddy help me how can i contact coupons distributes, i'm unable to understand please help to provide they contact details. i need coupon codes provider ( distributor ). Thanks u
  • 14. Josie Valenzuela said on 8/21/2014 1:49:37 PM
    Hello, I am interested in coupon business. I know that coupons inserts are in high demands in Phoenix, Az. I need to know how would I go about purchasing coupons inserts from distribution. Any information would gladly appreciated.
  • 15. Amanda said on 11/9/2014 8:34:25 PM
    i am wanting to start a coupon distribution company and I need to know where and how I can get the large number of inserts I will need before I file for business licenses and such.
  • 16. Koko Rush said on 1/11/2015 10:02:00 PM
    Hi! I would like to start a coupon distribution business from my home. How can I go about getting started and getting my license to start my business to help people save money in my community? How do I go about getting the inserts to be distributed?
  • 17. Christina said on 1/25/2015 9:30:01 PM
    How do I get information on becoming a coupon distributor?
  • 18. Angel Lewis said on 2/21/2015 10:15:34 PM
    I will like to start a coupon business in Milwaukee
  • 19. Tina said on 3/24/2015 11:01:02 AM
    How do I get information about starting a coupon distribution business
  • 20. Rebecca said on 5/13/2015 12:28:28 PM
    Sioux Falls, SD. How do i get inserts to become a distributor?
  • 21. Camilla said on 6/1/2015 1:06:01 PM
    Do you have any information about getting started?
  • 22. Tammie said on 6/1/2015 5:16:01 PM
    Would like to know how to get started
  • 23. Vicky Moon said on 6/2/2015 7:12:51 PM
    I would like to become a distributor
  • 24. diane Bancroft said on 6/8/2015 9:10:13 AM
    I would like information becoming a coupon distribution business in Eutawville South Carolina
  • 25. Lois Brown said on 6/13/2015 1:07:45 AM
    Couponing Things, 13702 Yardmaster Trl, Houston, Tx 77034
  • 26. Shawna guerrero said on 8/9/2015 12:54:23 PM
    Palmdale ca 93551
  • 27. Daniel Margerum said on 8/19/2015 4:50:55 PM
    McCloud Readers, 1845 E. Compton blvd. Compton, Ca. 90221
  • 28. Marlene Hernandez said on 8/21/2015 10:57:09 PM
    I would like information on how to become a coupon distributor
  • 29. Shannon lofthus said on 9/3/2015 8:54:02 PM
    I would like information on becoming a coupon distributor
  • 30. beatriz rodriguez said on 9/4/2015 4:29:18 PM
    Wanting more info on coupons distribution
  • 31. Keyawana said on 1/23/2016 4:02:04 PM
    I would like more information and I'm very interested in starting a couponing business. I would like to get this business started ASAP.
  • 32. Stacy Cisneros said on 2/14/2016 12:00:55 PM
    I would like information on coupon distribution, I'm from Riverbank, Ca USA
  • 33. Connie Halsey said on 2/24/2016 7:03:53 AM
    I'd like more information on becoming a coupon distributor. I'm in MD. Thaks
  • 34. michelle said on 3/2/2016 9:49:31 PM
    i want to start my own business of being a coupon distributor
  • 35. Sasha Diaz said on 3/7/2016 9:27:06 PM
    Hello, I am interesting to start my coupon distribution business. I want more information please. Thanks
  • 36. Reshea Acheanpong said on 3/19/2016 12:51:07 PM
    I would like to get more information on coupon distribution please. I would like to start a distribution business.
  • 37. Kathy hill said on 4/2/2016 3:00:20 PM
    Interested in finding a distributor to purchase bulk inserts. Contact me at kathyghill@yahoo.com or 5023528376
  • 38. Angela said on 4/9/2016 10:54:43 PM
    Hi, My name is Angela and i would like to start my own coupon distribution business. Please send me information. San Diego, CA.
  • 39. Myka said on 4/16/2016 9:38:09 AM
    Hi! My name is Myka and I'm from San Diego, Ca. I would like to start up at coupon distribution business. Please contact me via email MykaMarella@gmail.com
  • 40. Angela said on 4/22/2016 6:28:19 PM
    Hi! I am interested as well in becoming a coupon distributor. If you could kindly email me on how to go about it, I would greatly appreciate it. I am located in California on base.
  • 41. Veronica Hill said on 4/25/2016 11:13:27 PM
    I'm trying to become a coupon insert distributor. If you email me on how to go about it.I am located in Texas.
  • 42. Alvionna Knox said on 6/1/2016 11:42:16 AM
    I'm interested in becoming a coupon distributor. Please email me . I'm located in MS
  • 43. Sunshine said on 6/12/2016 3:17:32 PM
    I would like to know how to get coupons to start being a distributor. If you could email that would be great. Perryville, MO
  • 44. Katie B said on 6/30/2016 1:39:52 PM
    Clarksville TN 37043 I'd like to become a distributor. Email with any info to get started would be appreciated thank you
  • 45. Jerri said on 7/11/2016 2:41:36 AM
    I would like to know how to get coupons to start being a distributor. If you could please email that would be great. Thank you.
  • 46. Vietta offill said on 7/12/2016 10:43:06 AM
    I would like to know how I can become a distributor for coupons
  • 47. Esme said on 7/13/2016 2:37:19 PM
    Would like more information on coupons insert distribution.
  • 48. Sharol said on 7/13/2016 3:19:34 PM
    Hi, I would like to become a coupon distributor of inserts, I'm in Mobile, AL and would like to get inserts from other states to sell. Please email me the information. Thanks.
  • 49. amanda said on 7/20/2016 10:35:56 PM
    Where is the answers to these questions?
  • 50. zabrina said on 7/30/2016 2:35:02 PM
    Hi I'm planning to open a business. I want to know some info on how to be a coupon distributor?
  • 51. Meka said on 8/2/2016 9:35:35 AM
    Hi I'm Meek, I would like to know how to start a Coupon Distributor. Can someone please send me some information? I'm in Douglasville GA. Thank you!
  • 52. Ruth Garcia said on 8/4/2016 11:13:43 PM
    Hi! I would like to become a coupon distributor. I'm in San Diego, Ca. Merazruth@gmail.com please I need info ASAP!
  • 53. Christy said on 8/8/2016 12:32:43 AM
    I would like to get more information on how to get coupons from other states. Please email me, Thanks christy
  • 54. Cathy said on 8/17/2016 5:31:12 PM
    I'm looking into coupon collection and distribution to charitable companies in Las Vegas and need to find out where mass number of food and non-food coupons can be located. Txs for ur prompt attention and reply.
  • 55. David said on 9/1/2016 5:56:27 AM
    Hi I'm Los Angeles and would like to become a coupon insert distributor please email me info lilnobujune4th@gmail.com
  • 56. Sherree said on 9/3/2016 6:44:22 AM
    Hi! I'm interested in becoming a coupon insert distributor. I'm in Greenville, MS. Please email me some information! Thanks
  • 57. Amm said on 9/4/2016 9:06:25 PM
    Interested in becoming a coupon distributor in Anchorage, AK. please email me some information on how to go about with that.
  • 58. Wendy Lane said on 9/14/2016 2:43:29 AM
    Where do you get insets to start a coupon clipping service
  • 59. cherupally srinivas said on 9/14/2016 11:59:02 AM
    Respected sir, am cherupally srinivas from telangana state india. sir i will start online coupon website.. how to get original (company) coupons on my website. so please tell process. thank u
  • 60. J.Carroll said on 9/20/2016 10:23:30 PM
    Wanting some information on inserts in bulk, how to get them and other information. If you can email me that would be great, thank you. Trying to teach others with SNAP, make it last longer and help local food banks. And some schools culinary arts programs and SPCA too.
  • 61. Suzette Medina said on 10/19/2016 1:02:57 PM
    Hello, I would love to have the coupon distributed the legal way, I see a lot of open coupon fairies in IG and I know they have some kind of contract or deal with smart source, p & g and redplum it would be a great idea for me being a stay at home mom and I ran a recycling center for 16 years so I have a lot of business experience. Please advise.
  • 62. Lyndsey otero said on 10/26/2016 1:36:07 AM
    Hi, I'm interested in becoming a local coupon distributor for my community. I would definitely love more information on how to get started. Please feel free to message me with more information respectfully, Lyndsey otero
  • 63. Fiona said on 10/29/2016 4:36:48 PM
    Hi, I'm interested in being a distributor also I just don't know where to start ...I will be very appreciative for the help
  • 64. Tina Rogers said on 11/1/2016 8:26:02 AM
    I'm interested in becoming a coupon supplier/distributor.
  • 65. Robin said on 11/3/2016 12:46:26 PM
    Hi my name is Robin and I would Love to start a small business like a thrift store or coupon supplier/distributor. Please help. Thanks in advance!!
  • 66. Barbara Benman said on 11/3/2016 9:14:33 PM
    Hi my name is Barbara and I am looking to start a business selling coupons but I can not find info anywhere on where to buy the coupons to sell. Thank you
  • 67. Erin W said on 11/6/2016 9:35:33 AM
    I am interested in becoming a coupon distributor.
  • 68. Yvonne Rodriguez said on 11/12/2016 7:16:29 PM
    I'm interested in information on distributing coupons. Please send information.
  • 69. EVIE C. RODRIGUEZ said on 11/14/2016 7:11:12 PM
    I AM INTERESTED IN INFORMATION ON DISTRIBUTING COUPONS. THANK YOU
  • 70. Sandra said on 12/1/2016 8:06:51 AM
    Interested on learning more about becoming a coupon distributor please.
  • 71. Amber Williams said on 12/30/2016 8:26:54 PM
    Hello, I'm interested in becoming a coupon distributor, please send me more information. Thank you!
  • 72. Ladonia said on 1/3/2017 2:39:55 AM
    Hello my name is Ladonia and I am trying to start a coupon business. I would like information on the start up process. My email is ladeel37@gmail.com
  • 73. leah said on 1/8/2017 8:50:02 AM
    please email me more information i would love this letgonsmile89@gmail.com
  • 74. Carrie Campos-Price said on 1/14/2017 5:30:48 PM
    I am wanting to start coupon business. What and how can I get this started? Information send to Carrie price 7459 co rd 183 Fredericktown oh 43019. 4195608977
  • 75. Juanita Croom said on 1/16/2017 8:18:12 AM
    Interested in starting coupon sharing business. Juanita Croom, 424 Fairmont Ave., Corsicana, Tx 75110
  • 76. Ari said on 1/25/2017 9:19:19 PM
    @James I would like information please.
  • 77. Nicole said on 1/31/2017 12:15:43 PM
    I am interested in becoming a coupon fairy mainly because I love to save money and I really need bulks of coupons for myself in order to achieve my stockpile and save more money. I don't know how to go about doing this tho. Would someone explain to me how this works and where to get bulks of coupon whole inserts at a cheap price. I really need some help. I've been researching the internet and haven't came across it. thanks