How to Start a Security Company

Improving people skills is the very foundation of establishing a security company; simply because you are in a business that deals primarily with people. Here are a few guidelines: brushing up on your people skills, stocking up on knowledge and training when it comes to security, completing all necessary paperwork and requirements and checking your finances always.

According to the American Society of Industrial Security 2006, security companies have been on a continuous 6% rise since 2001.

security guards

This finding really comes as no surprise; more and more people are eventually turning to private security companies for safety measures instead of relying on government issued security forces. Different security companies offer both product and services, or in some cases, even both to its clientele. Products usually include crime prevention measures like alarm systems, lock systems and surveillance systems. Protection services usually include body guard services, private investigators and repossession agents. With all the issues of crime prevention in our society, starting a private security has become a very lucrative trade.

Here are a few guidelines if you have decided to try your hand on establishing your own security company.

First of all, you need to brush up on your people skills. Improving your skills in this area is the very foundation of establishing a security company; simply because you are in a business that deals primarily with people and you will be utilizing the services and skills of trained professionals. You must be discerning enough to know how to deal with your personnel (making them take the necessary requirements like psychological testing, background checks, putting them in areas where they most likely will excel, etc.); and how to deal with different clients and their varying security needs and issues.

Secondly, you need to acquire extensive knowledge and training about this kind of work. A good background in this field will help you decide as to what kind of security company you would like to set up, because there are two kinds: one that sells products, and one that sells services. You can always combine both if you do have all the necessary requirements like financing, manpower, hardware, technology, etc.

Gone are the Hollywood days when “thugs” and “punks” on the streets suddenly become full pledged body guards and security experts – or at least, the ones who carry on legal services. The federal law dictates that background checks, licenses, permits, policies, restrictions, and all other pertinent requirements are met, for both your company and your working personnel - before you even endeavor to open a security company. These checks are necessary because your some of your personnel might be required to carry firearms as protection. Constant training and re-training, and having a broad scope on the different security issues will help establish your company for its efficiency. Security is a tricky business because nothing ever goes according to book descriptions. Ever case is different, and there are several ways of handling them. Being always on your toes ensures your clients’ protection and this in turn, safeguards your company’s reputation.

Financing, as most businesses go, is the building block of your prospective security company. Enough finances can get you your own office space, can train your personnel, can buy necessary firearms and hardware, can fill out required paperwork and can help advertise the services of you company to the interested parties. If you are on an extremely limited budget, you may want to decide first what kind of security you may want to provide and who will be your intended market; and probably stick to your initial goals until you actually make enough to expand.

Remember that even if you have a 2-man security operation as PPO or private patrol operators, your personnel still has to undergo substantial training, frequent re-training, has the possibility of carrying firearms in the line of duty, has to be covered by insurance, etc. – and all these entail financing.

• How to Start a Security Agency
    Do you have experience in providing security services? How about starting your own business guarding homes, offices, malls, and schools? Learn how from our basic guide to opening this business.
  • Open a Security Guard Patrol Service Business
    Starting a Security Guard Patrol service business entails compliance to governing laws and regulations, that’s why before entering such business, you have to learn the entire needed requirement in order to successfully open such business.

• 1. T.j. said on 8/19/2008
    Thanks, but no viable sources,try adding some sites to obtain proper license,baton, first aid,cpr,etc,etc,above is mostly fluff.
  • 2. Malik Khan said on 1/5/2009 5:02:34 AM
    I need a complete feasibility report on starting Security Company, Impact and aspect analysis, please help in this regard. Thanks
  • 3. Guest said on 1/15/2009 10:31:52 PM
    What are the requirements needed to start your own security company? do you need a license and if you do how can i go about getting one?
  • 4. Frank A. Curiel, Sr. said on 1/31/2009 7:44:54 AM
    I need to know what it takes to build a security guard company for a large plant in the state of Louisiana. 1) Will need to be armed. Thank You Frank A. Curiel, Sr.
  • 5. vuyo said on 2/1/2009 2:30:38 AM
    i need to know exactly what do i need to start a security company, and where can i get the training or attend the workshops?
  • 6. mike younger said on 2/8/2009 9:45:37 AM
    please email me what i need to start an armed security company, like what legal papers i need to file with the state or police or any papers i need to file.
  • 7. Esther L Colgan said on 2/16/2009 10:17:16 AM
    I need to know once I get my PPO card/cert. how hard to find account or how to find them?
  • 8. Esther L Colgan said on 2/16/2009 10:41:05 AM
    Let say I found them/some accounts, how much do you think I would pay for insurance for armed and unarmed guards per month? Or could please tell me where I could find that information. Thanks
  • 9. Lt. N. Ryan said on 2/16/2009 12:28:45 PM
    If you cannot spell, do not have a degree, do not have extensive law enforcement, military, security, or business management experience, then you have no business trying to start your own security company. The market is extremely competitive. Most if not all potential clients will award contracts to the lowest bidder. The minimum wage in most states is over $7 per hour. Most contracts are being awarded to companies who bid just under $11 per hour. After you pay your employees, rent, workers compensation insurance, social security contributions, taxes, general liability insurance, state license for your agency, state licenses for your employees, background checks for your employees, uniforms for your employees, drug tests for your employees, and your employee benefits. . . well, you do the math. Chances are that if you do not already know how to get started, your state's regulatory agency will probably deny you a license anyway based on lack of experience. It is also likely you will not be able to obtain the required insurance for the same reason.
  • 10. Glenville said on 2/22/2009 3:01:55 PM
    I am planning to write a small business loan proposal, for starting up a security company. can u help me with your knowledge of information on this subject, also a round house figure on the cost, both arm and unarmed. Thank u in advance.
  • 11. enid-man-oklahoma said on 3/12/2009 3:43:31 PM
    i'm wanting to start a security guard company i have a few ideas on what i need to do. i have a friend that has done this before but i really would like to know what i would really need before i try to open my doors. thanks
  • 12. thokozani said on 3/19/2009 6:26:54 PM
    Hi, I'M also in the same boat, I know about business management but I'm not sure about liability insurance and license. what kind of a customer will want this?
  • 13. thetruth said on 3/26/2009 3:42:31 PM
    I'd like to say that security companies get paid 48.00 dollars per hour per security officer and often pay only $9 or $10 per hour.
    If they didn't make money after business expenses, then they wouldn't be in the business.
    and companies get a substantial discount in their fire/safety building insurance, if they have a 24/7 security. The discount is so great, that it often pays for the security staff.
    Union strong, union proud.
    the truth is the truth
  • 14. thetruth said on 3/26/2009 3:45:57 PM
    and companies get a substantial discount in thier fire/safety building insurance, if they have a 24/7 security. The discount is so great, that it often pays for the security staff. If your going to start a company, be fair and break the mold of greed. give the security field, the much needed respect it deserves. Union strong, union proud. the truth is the truth
  • 15. Elite Protection Agency said on 4/6/2009 5:16:26 PM
    Dont be discouraged by the challenges of starting your own protection agency. What man has done, man can do. The public needs you to supply this demand.
  • 16. ANDREW said on 4/13/2009 1:06:49 PM
    I'M LOOKING TO START A DOORMAN COMPANY (BAR SECURITY) ON A SMALL BUDGET TO START WHAT KIND OF license i need and insurance i would need?
  • 17. Andrew S said on 4/20/2009 5:51:15 AM
    Ok... I Have started a security company and it is doing great. my question is can you add a DBA to the PSB LIC ORG? If not then I need two companies for the sake of Market.
  • 18. phinias said on 5/5/2009 5:30:18 AM
    I have the request can u please send me the steps that i have to take when opening the security company.
  • 19. Michael said on 5/5/2009 2:09:10 PM
    I'm interested in starting up my own security firm and doorman business... just looking for info on insurance and getting a license. thank you
  • 20. irvan said on 5/13/2009 11:08:40 PM
    i am looking for some info how to promote our close protection service in Indonesia or world wide? please advice and my email is irvan_s_w@yahoo.com
  • 21. Joe Rochford said on 5/28/2009 6:46:19 PM
    My son and I are interested in starting a Security Business. What do I need to get started, as for as money, insurance, supplies?
  • 22. Mr.Chris said on 6/4/2009 10:15:30 AM
    Hi, me and 3 other very close partners are working on starting a security business. We are currently working on a business plan, so far we have developed a company overview, mission statement and services to provide. But we want some guidance as far as insurances and registering the whole thing. We all have plenty of experience on this field and two of us are law enforcement officers. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • 23. Des Sampson said on 6/4/2009 2:21:01 PM
    I need information on how to start a security business in South Africa.
  • 24. mike said on 6/7/2009 11:28:11 PM
    i need to know what type of license, bonding and insurance do you need to start an armed/unarmed security company in birmingham, alabama.
  • 25. michel said on 6/9/2009 10:22:56 PM
    hi! i need to start a security company in one of the Africa countries but i still want to get my license and i don't know which good agency should i choose for my training
  • 26. emmanuel said on 6/10/2009 8:09:27 AM
    I am strongly considering starting up a Franchise with Financial Consulting Firm, to specialize in Corporate Finance/Advisory Service. I reside in Nigeria, i see an on top market here and i want to venture into it. Any guide on start up....
  • 27. Howard said on 6/21/2009 1:17:01 PM
    would Like to start a 1 man small operation for a local bank security just to supplement my Military retirement. Please supply me with license info and insurance costs for such an operation. Thanks
  • 28. ivan k. elliott said on 6/24/2009 5:45:36 PM
    i need to know about the logistic, policies, procedures, the how to get license, bonded, etc. security guard company.
  • 29. Donelle Norman said on 6/24/2009 7:59:53 PM
    i have started a security company and i already having basic idea on what need to be done but i would like to get some ideas on how to get more contractors.
  • 30. Dustin said on 6/28/2009 3:25:29 PM
    For those of you who have already started your own security company, can you please let me know exactly how you did it? Thanks
  • 31. jan said on 7/16/2009 11:34:38 PM
    I am blown away. Some of these people on here cannot construct a sentence but want to and some already have a security company. I was interested but no longer am.
  • 32. Ternishia Wilfork said on 7/17/2009 9:40:59 AM
    me and my brother are young, but we are very interested in starting our own security company. we just have an idea so we need to know everything as far as getting started.
  • 33. Ternishia Wilfork said on 7/17/2009 9:43:49 AM
    jan, these people need help not grammar school and if that changes your mind, that just makes you look as a person very weak.
  • 34. Ian Willis said on 7/19/2009 12:51:45 PM
    I came to this site looking for information about starting a security company. My friend and I have numerous years of experience doing security work and we want to start our own company. The information above was very informative, but it still left questions unanswered. If there is any information that can be provided about licenses, paperwork, and things of that nature, that would be helpful. We need information about what first steps to take to get the company off the ground.
  • 35. Pamela Gleason said on 7/21/2009 9:58:10 AM
    My level of work experience in this field is the following: Security / Lead Officer for 1 1/2 years, and General Private Investigations for 5 years. 25 certs in security plus 40 certs in FEMA can you tell me how can I start my own security guard (unarmed) business? Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule in reading this email and I’m looking forward in speaking with you in the near future. Sincerely, Pamela L. Gleason
  • 36. Bradley Fortuin said on 7/24/2009 1:35:04 AM
    I would like a detailed description on how to start up from scratch. I have knowledge on the following, intruder alarms, access control and cctv. i would like to start up my own business. please be kind enough to reply thank you.
  • 37. Markee Canada said on 7/27/2009 3:57:59 PM
    I would like to know what are some reliable, but reasonable price insurance companies for a security company.
  • 38. Askeona said on 7/29/2009 8:34:26 PM
    I am taking a college course for Entrepreneurship. My final project is to write a business plan for a specific type of business. The business assigned to me (totally not my choice)was for a Security Guard Training Agency. I am not familiar with this field at all. I don't know anything about this or where to start. I would appreciate any information you have. Thank you
  • 39. Steven P. Druzynski said on 7/30/2009 12:46:53 PM
    All I want to do is contract myself out as Armed Security, Do I still need to start my own agency so I can obtain a number for the card or how do I get around that?
  • 40. Aida said on 7/31/2009 4:14:15 AM
    The information given here was very informative, however there is a question i'd like answered. I am interested in starting a security company. I have worked in this field for almost 11 years. My question is, what licenses would i need to get started?
  • 41. daniel said on 8/3/2009 1:38:08 PM
    this was a pretty good site explaining the different ways but i would like to know how can i go by getting the license from the state to start it to make my own business legit and covered for me as well as the clients i put under my wing??? thank you for the other info please provide me the answer to this thank you
  • 42. yea said on 8/18/2009 1:26:28 AM
    Ok people, I have read enough posts on here to realize that no one knows what they are talking about. For someone who says I have a lot of good ideas and am starting a business plan for a armed security company is like a doctor trying to start his own practice without ever going to med school. If you don't have training in the area then don't bother trying, if you don't have money already, don't bother trying. A homeless man could write a business plan, it takes education/skill/money/and experience to start this kind of company. This is not a lemonade stand here people and not for everyone.
  • 43. Guest said on 8/23/2009 7:03:57 PM
    To start in the U.S. try your states Department of Professional Licensing. They will have your state's statutes. This lists how much insurance you will need, qualifying agent requirements, rules for uniforms, vehicles, conduct etc...
  • 44. Richard said on 9/7/2009 7:51:28 PM
    My level of work experience in this field is the following: Security / Lead Officer for 15 1/2 years, and General Private Investigations for 5 years. 25 certs in security plus 40 certs in FEMA can you tell me how can I start my own security guard (unarmed) business? Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule in reading this email and I’m looking forward in speaking with you in the near future. Sincerely yours, Richard F. Moreno
  • 45. Frank said on 9/10/2009 8:54:38 PM
    I would also invite everyone here to contact my company, Signal 88 Security Texas. We are part of a national security firm who offers security franchise opportunities based on our successful model. We provide all the assistance and resources you'll need; including our branded products and proprietary technology, full training and ongoing support with marketing, operations and administration of your business. Here in Texas, we also assist with all licensing and registration requirements. You can find detailed information at our website www.signal88security.com or email me at fpetro@signal88security.com
  • 46. Tiritose said on 9/13/2009 3:55:58 AM
    Currently i have 5 years of experience. I own a company that has a relative market share since its inception in 2008. How can i develop my business model in such a competitive environment.
  • 47. Richard said on 9/14/2009 12:47:39 PM
    I am looking for QM’s in other states to qualify on security licenses, for joint business opportunities and to help other start off new security companies in the following: Security guard Company, Personal Protection Company, Alarm Company, Private Investigative Company, Locksmith Company and Training Facilities also CCTV and Access Control Companies where Licensing is needed please contact me. Are you a Licensee looking for a license in other states then I invite you to contact me. If you have any questions about starting or running a Security firm with any or all of the services mentioned above please feel free to contact me by calling me at 877.227.1688 Ext. 87 or email me at richard@richardfmoreno.com
  • 48. Richard said on 9/15/2009 11:26:14 AM
    Tiritose please feel free to contact me by calling me at 877.227.1688 Ext. 87 or email me at richard@richardfmoreno.com I will be more then happy to help you!!
  • 49. rich said on 9/30/2009 2:57:55 AM
    hi i have worked in bars/clubs for over 7 years now and i am looking to branch out and start my own company. If anyone could help with my unanswered questions or any tips that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time
  • 50. Thabo Lawrence Mofokeng said on 10/10/2009 2:26:10 PM
    I like to open a security company in South Africa. The only thing I need is to get License for my company and I need someone who can help me to get license. I have a experience of Policing I am currently a Trained Police Reservist. I also have all requirements that are needed to open a security., for registration of license is R4560.00 Please e-mail me if you can help to this e-mail: thabomofokeng@webmobile.co.za. your help is so important to me thanks.
  • 51. Farhan Shahid said on 10/12/2009 11:53:36 AM
    I have started a small scale property management, maintenance and security company in Glasgow. Initially it was only property management and maintenance as i have construction background, but recently i secured a couple of security contracts of unoccupied properties. In process i have gained my SIA (Security industry Authority) License, First Aid, Health and Safety certification. If anyone interested in starting his business of same nature within UK, i can help him with initial advice and start up help required. (Including Financial advice) Also looking for dedicated partner who can take care of this running business, as am thinking of expansion plans. But cannot leave it without some trusted person. (I mentioned partner, not employee as he shall be only exerting best of his efforts if he also had something on stake). So if you want to discuss any further, you can email me (farhan_malik85@hotmail.com) and if possible leave your contact number. Regards, Farhan
  • 52. Aaron said on 10/27/2009 2:37:24 AM
    I want to start my own bodyguard company but I have no money! Can't I just recruit my friends, make a couple signs, and put on a suit? Or do I have to actually buy the training? If anyone can help me in anyway, please contact me at aaron_mcdonald1@yahoo.com. I live in Leland, NC, USA, and if anyone near there wants to help (especially if you have the money...) I would love to give it a try! About a week ago, everyone in the Leland Wal-Mart let a thief walk right out the front doors! They knew he stole a DVD and they had the cameras and the witnesses to prove it...but the ONE "asset protection guy" (some idiot in a T-shirt and baseball cap) was nowhere to be found! I want to help prevent things like this from happening where I live!!!
  • 53. Daniel Blake said on 10/28/2009 8:28:28 PM
    Read enough emails on here to know I only want to be a partner with someone else who already has knowledge in the security field. I'm cleet certified bonded and have 23yrs experience.
  • 54. rajesh singh said on 10/29/2009 8:33:16 AM
    I want to start a security guard business in delhi. Kindly let me know what govt. statutory requirements I need to fulfill before I start operations? Thanks.
  • 55. ogunlaja hassan said on 11/2/2009 7:25:05 PM
    Thanks for your advise so far kindly write to me the duty or roll of a security manager in an organization. i will be attending an interview please assist me thanks. best regard
  • 56. ORLANDO PEREZ said on 11/6/2009 9:42:14 AM
    Hey if any of you guys do start your own company hire me. I'm a 235 certified(PA firearm licensed) with 15 years of security, investigation and supervision. I'm available in the Philadelphia area. email at OrlandoNPerez@aol.com
  • 57. Balvinder Singh said on 11/17/2009 6:14:41 AM
    I want to start a security guard business in Dehradun, Uttranchal, India. kindly let me know what step by step procedures for duty & organization. please help me .thanks
  • 58. carol said on 11/17/2009 12:52:40 PM
    I want to start my own security business, is it expensive? and how do I go about doing it? I want to start in clinton township, mi, 48035
  • 59. Derrick said on 11/21/2009 7:55:58 PM
    I want to start in Jacksonville, Duval County FL and SpringHill Hernando County FL.
  • 60. Hermin S. said on 11/29/2009 11:36:36 PM
    All I want is to start a Security STORE in CT, I currently sell and do CCTV installations, but I'm thinking of doing a store that carries everything..........I get calls almost everyday for people that want to buy just the equipment and install them themselves.
  • 61. Yusuf Makanjuola said on 12/10/2009 5:44:28 PM
    London, UK. Looking to start a private security firm (temp and permanent). I want to know a winning approach method for winning over the clients. How do you get new business? Finding the candidates are easily done
  • 62. cesar valles said on 12/12/2009 8:40:40 PM
    want to start my own alarm security company, is it expensive? how do I do it? what do I need? can u pleas tell me step by step. Pampa, tx 79065
  • 63. kevon gordon said on 12/17/2009 11:53:23 PM
    I am trying to obtain info on starting a armed security company...what papers do i need to file and with whom. Thanks
  • 64. Jamie Milliner said on 12/18/2009 1:36:02 PM
    need to now how to start a security company in fort myers florida. my email is gators1974@live.com
  • 65. king Saini said on 12/22/2009 3:01:11 AM
    I want to start security services business in Chandigarh and Yamuna Nagar Haryana In India. Please let me know the legal formalities and basic requirements of funds and others related skills. please suggest me I should start with arms or without arms security services.
  • 66. scp said on 12/26/2009 4:54:10 AM
    I am wanting to start my own personal protection company on the west coast, i am certified in personal protection operations, and i am first responder certified working towards my emt degree, and information that anyone could provide as far as licensing, certification, and insurance required for this type of business would be much appreciated thank you. sean_poole18@yahoo.com please email me here if anyone has info they could provide me with.
  • 67. jimmy work said on 12/30/2009 10:51:55 AM
    HI, i was hoping you would be able to give me advice on what licenses i would need to open a all around site security company also what checks i would have to do when employing staff like crb checks and so things like that. many thanks jimmy
  • 68. bob said on 1/2/2010 3:19:17 PM
    I come to this site for information about starting my own security & private investigators(not armed) company. I need to know what to do to get it of the ground. Things like license, insurance bonding paper work, I live in Niagara Falls canada. I have been working in security for 3 yr. Thanks Bob
  • 69. Lazaro Millares said on 1/3/2010 2:10:13 PM
    I live here in Miami, FL area, I an writing for you to guide me with the steps, since I want to open up my own security serves/with Private Detectives as well. I have my D, C and PPI License and MB Managers License, how do I go about on getting my M License. Please HELP
  • 70. DAVID BONJUI said on 1/4/2010 8:25:50 AM
    I want to start up a security firm here in Papua New Guinea so i am writing for guidance & assistance.
  • 71. T Pholoana said on 1/7/2010 6:53:01 AM
    M currently a security officer, but i would love to open a business empire starting with a security company. So how do i go about it.
  • 72. Vengar said on 1/14/2010 2:54:47 AM
    I just opened a private security company I obtained my PPO license and been working at a few business locations, and private events. In your experience what tips would you give me on how to obtain more contracts. I am 23 years old and sometimes find that challenging. I would really appreciate your tips and advises.
  • 73. Sally said on 1/19/2010 4:20:29 AM
    I am an MBA graduate with no job and would like to start up a security firm in Cameroon to protect private residence and businesses. Please help... Thanks
  • 74. Phumlani Njapha said on 1/19/2010 8:12:55 AM
    KWAZULU NATAL DURBAN and i wanna start my own security company. Phumlani Njapha, 0836790505
  • 75. Anita said on 1/19/2010 10:13:57 PM
    I am planning on starting my own private protection agency in Detroit area, what kind of advice can you give me...do I need a license besides being retired PO.
  • 76. ALBERT TOWNS said on 1/22/2010 10:16:51 PM
    MY BUSINESS LOCATION IS ARLINGTON TEXAS TARRANT COUNTRY
  • 77. Anthony said on 2/1/2010 12:44:26 AM
    VENGAR, What state is your PPO license in? Reply ASAP to tonyb2001ca@yahoo.com with title, PPO license, Thanks
  • 78. daniel lumbala said on 2/2/2010 4:24:06 AM
    the place i have in mind is the whole of vaal and i'm a resident in SOUTH AFRICA, and i wanna know what type of licenses i need for the following, body guard, community services.
  • 79. Jessica said on 2/3/2010 10:16:03 PM
    Darwin, NT, Australia... My family wants to start up a security business, how???
  • 80. Mike S. said on 2/5/2010 5:14:16 AM
    Hi! I live in Bellingham WA, United States and looking to start up Security Business in Whatcom County area... I know there are couple security companies... but never seen Patrol vehicle security for apartments and other resident premises... So, I need to know, with what should I start? what kind of steps to do? What Licenses to get and all other required paper work that I need to pass through... Also, how much usually management will pay per month for services if the leasing price for an apartment is around $850-1500. Thank you!
  • 81. reem said on 2/6/2010 9:16:22 AM
    hello am from lebanon, plz i need more and more information about starting a security company. (more details) i wish that i can find somebody to help me
  • 82. miguel silvas jr. said on 2/8/2010 3:18:46 PM
    HELLO, MY NAME IS MIGUEL SILVAS JR.. I LIVE IN LITTLEFIELD, TX. I AM INTERESTED IN STARTING OUT MY OWN SECURITY COMPANY. I HAVE BEEN WORKING AS A SECURITY GUARD FOR THE LAST 5 YRS NOW. I HAVE MY COMMISSIONED AND NON-COMMISSION LICENSES. I HAVE ALL THE RESPECT HERE IN LITTLEFIELD, TX.. I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO DO PRIVATE PARTIES AND SIDE JOBS. SO WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS I WANT TO START OUT MY OWN COMPANY. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GO ABOUT GETTING ONE STARTED. IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT WITH ANY INFORMATION, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE TO GO TO GET MY BUSINESS LICENSE AND WHAT TO DO TO GET EVERYTHING STARTED. THANK YOU FOR ANY INFORMATION TO HELP ME OUT. PLEASE EMAIL ME SO THAT I KNOW HOW TO DO GET STARTED.
  • 83. DENISE POWELL said on 2/9/2010 4:07:05 PM
    HELLO MY NAME IS DENISE POWELL. I LIVE IN DETROIT MI. I AM INTERESTED IN STARTING MY OWN SECURITY COMPANY. I HAVE SECURITY EXPERIENCE. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT STEPS I NEED TO TAKE TO GET STARTED. YOU CAN EMAIL ME WITH ANY INFORMATION THAT WILL BE HELPFUL. THANK YOU AND I APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN PROVIDE ME WITH. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
  • 84. Bin said on 2/10/2010 10:26:46 PM
    I would like to start a Security business in Southern California. Mainly Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. I have my Guard Card and exposed weapons permit. What else would I need or to do? Thanks
  • 85. Captain Sant Ram said on 2/11/2010 10:45:26 AM
    Bangalore, karnataka, India, respected sir, i want to open a security agency in bangalore, so please tell me what all procedure i will have to follow to do so. thank you!
  • 86. Le said on 2/18/2010 5:09:53 PM
    I am a probation officer and would like to start a security services company in texas. What are the steps I need to take? I will be providing armed services. let me know.
  • 87. John said on 2/19/2010 12:18:01 AM
    I am planning on starting a security company in dallas tx. I've researched some licenses and things i will need. Please give me a idea on what i need to do.
  • 88. safe bangladesh ltd said on 2/19/2010 11:38:09 AM
    pl give some guidelines to become success in security company. Thanks a lot of. dellower Dhaka Bangladesh
  • 89. mohan said on 2/26/2010 1:14:41 PM
    right now i am living at gujarat and i want to start a security agencies before starting that i want to know detailed about the the basic needs of this like isn't insurance of staff is compulsory and how much finance is required for that.
  • 90. roy said on 3/3/2010 8:15:43 AM
    ST Augustine State, FL Country USA. I am in a position that would benefit several former soldiers, but first I need to find out how to start a security company, to include what lic, ins and other requirements that are needed for US wide
  • 91. Tom said on 3/3/2010 6:45:57 PM
    Interested in starting a security company in the Philippines. Need to know what are the requirements....Thanks for your help!
  • 92. art aguilar said on 3/8/2010 2:39:21 PM
    los angeles, california. security in los angeles, denver, last twelve years. i would like info on starting small security firm mostly dealing with 10-50 man events throughout the la area concerts, sporting events, movie premiers, etc. please assist me. ppo license, exam, insurance, etc. thanks art
  • 93. joe said on 3/9/2010 2:20:09 PM
    corona, ca. hi i have been working in security for about 10 years i have done it all warehouses, new homes, weddings, b-days, house parties, clubs, and bars armed and unarmed i work a lot of places i meet a lot of people that want to hire me but because i don't got my PPO it makes it hard to work for them and i know a lot of people that work at clubs and bars that want me or my guys there with out the cops on them or me can you or some one tell or help me get me PPO and what it is all about and help me with some info about insurance what kind i might need thank you
  • 94. suresh babu said on 3/11/2010 8:20:06 AM
    i need to know more about setting up an security service company. the company would be in dubai. i will be responsible for the same. need to know the initial infrastructure, logistics, manpower, training, finance, marketing etc: required and how to set up the whole .
  • 95. Horace Taylor said on 3/12/2010 11:12:15 AM
    I live in Jamaica and i would like some tips on starting a security company hear. I would like to target the hotel/tourist industry areas. I live in Ocho Rios. Thanks for your advise in advance. Horace Taylor.
  • 96. GURPREET SINGH said on 3/16/2010 3:40:48 PM
    hello i m from india i need to know that how can i get the license for starting a new security company?
  • 97. jawid rasul khan said on 4/2/2010 4:37:38 AM
    hello, i m jawed, i want to start security agency in bangalore. what is the procedure for getting license and what document need for opening security agency
  • 98. Luis Montes de Oca said on 4/3/2010 5:40:05 PM
    my name is Luis Montes de Oca, I am Masters student at a university in Florida, I have scheduled to graduate this June, I have twelve years of experience, with everything related to security, currently has two types security license in Florida, the "D" and "G", with these two licenses are sufficient for opening a security company, and if my master's degree, helps to make things easier, I ask you please give me some guidance, to make my dream, thank you very much for your help, and we will then
  • 99. Kerry Sireheti said on 4/8/2010 1:37:08 AM
    i need to know more about setting up an security service company. the company would be in solomon islands. i will be responsible for the same. i need to know the initial infrastructure, logistics, manpower, training, finance, marketing etc: required and how to set up the whole .
  • 100. Goodwill Haapyboy Siyabonga Mhlophe said on 4/8/2010 10:24:33 AM
    I am in Sisonke Region / Harry Gwala Region . I want to own the Company Security that will operate in this Region. please help me to make my dream true. I would also want a respond on this as soon as possible.
  • 101. Michael Worthington said on 4/10/2010 3:56:13 PM
    Me & my associate wants to start a Security guard/patrol service. I've been in Security since 1993. My associate been in since 1998 plus has college credits in criminal justice & a instructors license. We both have bad credit. We are able to finance. Could you tell were we could get help with the financing and that costly insurance. We live in St.Petersburg & Pinellas Park Florida.
  • 102. stephen kuwona said on 4/16/2010 6:25:08 AM
    Am in kenya{africa]and i have started a security firm in which i will appreciate your guidance and financial support so that i can meet my dream. Thanks, steve
  • 103. Alan said on 4/16/2010 10:03:25 AM
    Please take a look at the company's new web page www.am-pmsecuritysurreyltd.co.uk. can you please let me have your opinion
  • 104. Tedra said on 4/16/2010 11:35:29 AM
    Dallas, TX. I want information on how do I start a security guard company for armed and unarmed. I need information in obtaining license/certification/insurance and most of all a ball park figure. Thanks in advance
  • 105. michael said on 4/16/2010 8:53:18 PM
    Kill Devil Hills, NC I would like help on starting a small security guard company. I need information in obtaining license, insurance, certification and do I need to be bonded. what would the start up cost start at.
  • 106. Laura Whisnant said on 4/20/2010 12:37:09 PM
    I am in school for criminal justice, and i was wandering if that qualifies me for a start in a security company if i do not have the work experience yet? I live in jefferson Georgia in the great USA.
  • 107. sevia thomas said on 4/24/2010 9:01:50 PM
    atlanta Ga I would like any info you can help me please
  • 108. Sterling Wall said on 4/27/2010 2:21:57 PM
    Amherst, WI, USA. Just looking for a basic list of what some things might be to start a Private Security type business. Such as equipment and vehicles and insurance and such. Thanks.
  • 109. chandrakant said on 4/28/2010 7:20:47 AM
    hi. I am from India Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, I want to start the security force company. pls advice how to start the company.. . which registration is required or which certificate required
  • 110. Sunil katkani said on 4/28/2010 12:05:14 PM
    I want to start a security company in Ratlam/Ujjain/Indore location. Now i want to know all information about the business & process, kindly guide and help.
  • 111. ankur said on 5/2/2010 11:15:25 AM
    I am a civilian and i am interested to start a pvt security company in Punjab, Himachal and j&K So, please tell me about all the formalities involved in starting up this venture. It would be a great help from your side. Regards, Ankur Mahajan.(09417884877) Pathankot(punjab)
  • 112. vinoth said on 5/3/2010 4:49:58 AM
    I do have extensive network with large corporate MDs in and around Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. I would like to start security Agency Company to make money out from my network. I seek guidance and formalities involved in starting up the security agency company. I need information in obtaining license, insurance, and certification.
  • 113. Rose Nunez said on 5/7/2010 1:30:35 AM
    Can you please look at this website and give your feedback. I see a lot of potential but if you have any ideas please let me know. latinamericansecurityservices.com, Montebello, California
  • 114. Ivan Diaz said on 5/9/2010 3:47:20 PM
    I live in England I work in Security but, I would like to start my own company. I just wonder the requirement that I need as: Minimum time work in Security Industry? Special license or Course? Others. I don't know?
  • 115. sunilsingh said on 5/10/2010 4:23:02 AM
    new license of private security service in all maharastra
  • 116. peter said on 5/10/2010 12:18:28 PM
    Hello everyone, i run a small security company here in Nigeria. we provide close protection, Bodyguard team, Escort service, event security, private investigations, Back ground check and so on. if anyone here have interest in security business in Nigeria, let the person contact me. securitypartner5@hotmail.com
  • 117. akash rishi said on 5/15/2010 4:57:25 AM
    Sir i want to start a private security company/agency in Punjab/Chandigarh let me know the procedure etc thanks akash rishi
  • 118. thair mahmood said on 5/16/2010 10:47:31 AM
    would Like to start up a private security company with very small operation team for a local business in the uk yorkshire region. Please supply me with license info and insurance costs ect for such an operation. Thanks
  • 119. Ravinder said on 5/21/2010 1:01:46 AM
    Dear All, i want to Start private security business in new delhi, India, If any one having consultancy or any kind of advice please mail me 4dahiya@gmail.com or call me 9212145989
  • 120. Jesse said on 5/22/2010 11:12:06 AM
    Hi! I was also wondering what types of licenses I would need to start a business. I understand I need insurance for every personnel on my team, but is that the only type of insurance I need? My cousin was going to start a business, and he claimed that the government gives out grants for starting businesses; do you know which ones I can file for? I have some experience as an armed security guard (I have my PERC card, 40- hour certificate with semi-auto and auto armed training, FOID card, registered guns, and of course I worked at a couple of private security places) and I am currently attending college to receive my degree in criminal justice; is this enough training to start a business in private security? Please let me know, thank you so much! I live in the city of Chicago, Illinois, the United States of America. Please email me at www.jessevaughn1983@yahoo.com or call at 224/220-7858. Thanks again! Jesse
  • 121. viyyapu tatarao said on 5/24/2010 10:52:02 AM
    respected sir, i V.TATARAO i want a details how to establish a security company and where i have to take license, permits, policies, restrictions. i am from visakhapatnam district, andhra pradesh, INDIA.
  • 122. Andy MacDonald said on 5/25/2010 6:07:04 AM
    having experience as a security officer, having a lot of life experience and having a background in law enforcement gave me the confidence in myself to simply make the first move and start my own company. Andy : New Zealand
  • 123. chris said on 5/25/2010 1:03:18 PM
    i live on long island in new york and i wanted to know what i need to start up a sec business. also how to get bids and what to charge per hour
  • 124. Tshepo said on 5/27/2010 2:41:34 AM
    Hi, my name is Jeffrey and I live in South Africa, Free State. I need to know what are the requirements needed to start your own security company? Do you need a license and if you do, how can I get one? What are the procedures, the requirements and and how long does it take and how much. Please reply as soon as possible Thanks
  • 125. V. Mcknight said on 5/27/2010 12:28:16 PM
    Greetings, looking to start private personal security business for celebrities and corp. executives..Company based out of Phila. (Pa), but will work in new jersey, delaware, new york.. What type of personal liability insurance needed, or any other insurance recommended, amount suggested??? should employees be treated as independent contractors?? Any and all licenses required??? Suggested hourly charges for my type of clientele??? thanks
  • 126. Mlamuli Mncube said on 5/28/2010 3:31:15 AM
    Greetings, I am in a process of starting my own armed and unArmed security company in South Africa (KZN), I just wish to know that is it a must that you have some sort of experience in this field? thanks
  • 127. Mlamuli Mncube said on 5/28/2010 3:38:15 AM
    if you are in South Africa (KZN) Durban or PMB and also in the process of starting your own security company than, I wish to network with you, because together have a huge impact, there is my e-mail address mlamulimncube@gmail.com, i'm looking forward to network with you..
  • 128. Parin R Nadola said on 5/29/2010 9:54:52 AM
    How to start a security agency in Gujarat, Pls provide some prospects for the same
  • 129. Dan said on 6/2/2010 5:20:29 PM
    To the person in Enid, Oklahoma. Check with CLEET ( Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training ) This is the state agency that licenses and trains security officers and police officers. I believe that CLEET is now located in Enid so you should not have any trouble locating them and getting all of the information that you need. Good luck.
  • 130. Malleswararao said on 6/4/2010 4:59:12 AM
    Sir, I would like to know about to start security company. Actually I'm from INDIA. Please kindly give your kind advise to reach the goal. Regards MALLESWARA RAO
  • 131. bester said on 6/8/2010 11:22:00 AM
    Am in south africa, i want to know marketing strategies for our small security & cleaning company. how do I source clients, target the market. In the long and short of it, where do I start, want to know more on security companies how they thrive. Need the advise to reach my goals. i want to know all information about the business & process, how to source clients who are interested in our services ie, security, safety & cleaning services. need marketing tips. ASAP
  • 132. Rajesh Gaur said on 6/9/2010 2:47:52 AM
    Where should register if I want to start Security Guard Company
  • 133. Randy Rush said on 6/10/2010 2:40:34 PM
    I like the post thats states security companies charge $48.00 per hour and pay $9.00. Before overhead on a 24/7 one man account that would be a gross profit of $341,640 per year. Sign me up. Hahaha.
  • 134. sameer Sharma said on 6/12/2010 2:07:46 PM
    Hi, I am from India and based in Gujarat already running an pan india security firm, i want to have my firm in Kenya can you tell me what all is needed to start my branch in Kenya. Regards Sameer Sharma. +918980027402.
  • 135. Thomas Hutcins Jr said on 6/14/2010 6:26:40 PM
    I want to start my own security company, how do i get started and what license do i need. I live in Dover Delaware. I want to know all information about the business & process, how do I source clients, target the market, just looking for a basic list of what some things might be to start a Private Security type business. Thank You.
  • 136. sibusiso zitha said on 6/15/2010 4:50:17 AM
    i also want to open my own security company in South Africa as i'm based in Pretoria, i need guidance as to how do i go by following the necessary procedures and protocol in order to have a legal and fully-flagged security company. pls help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 137. Khalid Mubarak said on 6/17/2010 3:56:33 AM
    I'm interested in beginning my own security Company and planning to write a small business loan proposal, for starting up a security company. can u help me with your knowledge of information on this subject. Thank u in advance.
  • 138. TEFO said on 6/17/2010 9:06:52 AM
    hi i'm a graduate in engineering i'm looking 4 something that can be more of challenging, came to a decision that i need to start my own security company, and my problem is i dont know were to start, so anyone with information plz phone me obn 0739902311/email me at tefours91@gmail.com. money to start a business is not an issue.
  • 139. Kuisch J. said on 6/18/2010 5:28:04 PM
    I want to start a K9 security company in South Africa with my highly trained police dogs. Do you have more information for me what to do? I live in Suriname (South America) at the moment, but want to move to South Africa in the next 6 months. Thank you for your assistance
  • 140. deepak chauhan said on 6/19/2010 5:56:10 AM
    Already have an security guard services but i want more information about other registration required for applying tenders for govt. department
  • 141. K S RAVI said on 6/30/2010 10:05:39 AM
    SECURITY AGENCY AT CHENNAI (TAMILNADU) INDIA, I AM RUNNING A SECURITY AGENCY IN CHENNAI & I AM LOOKING FOR LICENSING MODALITIES AND AVAILABILITY OF MANPOWER RESOURCE AND SKILLED FIELD OFFICERS. I AM AVAILABLE IN CELL NO 9444047658
  • 142. Donald Cobbs said on 7/6/2010 4:26:07 PM
    I would like to start my own security company. Although I just have military experience for only four years can you please give me any advice on how to get started. Thank you and looking forward in hearing from you.
  • 143. Sbu Jali said on 7/7/2010 7:11:59 AM
    Hi, please offer guidelines and what to do when starting a security/protection company. I am based in KwaZulu Natal, Pietermaritzburg area..send me mail on sbujali@gmail.com...GOD bless us all
  • 144. Dan Benedict said on 7/9/2010 3:32:06 PM
    Jacksonville, FL USA. I am a non profit Non Governmental Organization. Our mission is to fight Human Trafficking. We go overseas and help trafficking victims to shelters and help do the same thing here stateside. These are people that applied for a job and ended up being kidnapped, raped and sold. All of my security and pick up teams are current and ex law enforcement and special operations military. We are looking to form a security contingent under our corporate umbrella. Are things different because we are a non-profit.
  • 145. vikram sanadhya said on 7/10/2010 10:10:45 AM
    we are in security industry for past 30 years. our firm is currently operating in Rajasthan, Tamilnadu and Madhya pradesh (india). we are now taking the challenges to take our firm abroad. we are thinking of giving franchises. if anyone is interested. can mail me on sanadhya.vikram@gmail.com or can call me on +91-9001009236.
  • 146. Narbir Loksom said on 7/22/2010 1:37:08 PM
    I am just willing to set up as security company set up or employer agency. But I have no Idea how to start where to start need bit up advice from expert business people.
  • 147. delane potter said on 7/25/2010 10:22:51 AM
    Conroe Texas. In Texas you must have a managers license to start a company with minimum years of experience and supervisory requirements to apply. then there is state fees and requirements, training and insurance, policies that don't conflict with local police agencies, contracts for private property clients and policies for when you are between contracts on state and county roadways, cars must have security on them with license number, Coordinating with local police chiefs and sheriff is good so they know what you do and where.
  • 148. delane potter said on 7/25/2010 10:32:53 AM
    Conroe Texas. The Texas Department of Private Security and Investigations thru D.P.S. has a state website with licensing information, its the first place to start. each state should have a site that will list all the requirements. You must maintain good records of back ground checks,drug testing and license renewals/continued education and training certificates as well as dept. paperwork for state review. state investigators check this randomly for violations of illegal company operations.
  • 149. Arun Kumar said on 7/26/2010 8:20:32 AM
    I want to start security services business in Chhattigarh and Gaya In India. Please let me know the legal formalities(Licence) and basic requirements of funds and others related skills.
  • 150. Mike said on 7/26/2010 12:13:54 PM
    I am currently involved in the security services business and have so been involved for the past 19 years. I own a firm in Toronto. For the right individual or partnership opportunity, i am prepared to invest money with the associated start up costs and my expertise. Things like websites, licenses, business cards, insurance, uniforms all add up pretty quick especially if you have no revenue coming in. I am only interested in North America and the Caribbean markets. Please feel free to email me @ missa@secureworldcorp.com www.secureworldcorp.com. Please do not waste my time with non serious questions.
  • 151. Reagan said on 7/26/2010 7:00:06 PM
    Hi my name is reagan i've already registered my security company i'm starting this company with no financial help. I want to open a number of departments ie: crime prevention unit , dog unit , etc. How do i go about getting funding i'm from south africa kzn durban if anyone could help me it would be appreciated thank you. rsjsecuritysolutions@gmail.com
  • 152. Bobby said on 7/28/2010 8:23:50 AM
    I am starting my own security and protective firm. Although I just have 14 yrs. military experience, I am looking for any advice on how to get started and get my business up and running as fast and painless as possible. I need info on places I can go to find the necessary funding to acquire equipment and materials needed to make this opportunity worthwhile, may even be open to a partnership with the right individual or individuals willing to make an honest investment and participation, Thank you for looking at this and looking forward in hearing from you. I can be reached at nash.consult.n.protect.services@gmail.com
  • 153. Isaac Byrd III said on 7/28/2010 3:23:42 PM
    I'm looking to start a security business, want to know where can u obtain a licenses and bonding her in jackson, Ms.
  • 154. ak singh said on 7/28/2010 10:42:58 PM
    I want to start security services business in varanasi & Eastern utter predesh and Gaya In India. Please let me know the legal formalities(License ) and basic requirements of funds and others related skills. what is the scope, how i can proceed fast PL explain. what are the steps which i follow to set up profitable business explain. if anyone could help me it would be appreciated thank you . Please feel free to email -aksk.mat@gmail.com
  • 155. Brandon said on 8/1/2010 1:17:33 AM
    I'm 16 years old and would like to start a security firm, for like parties and clubs. any ideas on how I could approach this???
  • 156. Mark Lopez said on 8/3/2010 4:52:12 PM
    Alamo, Texas 78516. Starting up a security company with at 15k budget. What do you suggest I begin to offer to get started until I can expand the services? I have a partner with law enforcement experience who will handle operations and I intend to handle marketing and administrative duties.
  • 157. loveness said on 8/16/2010 7:01:55 AM
    i am loveness have start a security company so am struggling in choosing the policies of my company. any ideas or steps that could i take.
  • 158. Victor M. Cifuentes Jr. said on 8/18/2010 8:38:10 PM
    I am trying to find out the requirements in the State of Illinois, to start my own security guard company, I have the experience and I will polish myself more to get the best business, I know I have what it takes. Thank You. PS: You can also e-mail me at: victor.cifuentesjr@us.nestle.com Chicago, Illinois, cook county, USA.
  • 159. Mahavir RD-9004742645 said on 8/19/2010 12:00:18 AM
    plz tel me how long the process takes for obtaining the private security agency license after submission of application. i have already submitted my application to commissioner of police Navi Mumbai.
  • 160. Andrew Toft said on 8/23/2010 4:35:13 PM
    Stoke-on-Trent. I am looking into starting a patrol security firm and need to know what licenses are needed to set on staff and get contracts from clients. I also need to know what health and safety licenses are required.
  • 161. Richard said on 8/26/2010 1:29:26 PM
    CALIFORNIA EXCLUSIVE! For any one in California looking to get into the security business please contact via e-mail. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a select number of individuals with a drive for success, phenomenal marketing skills and the ability to acquire accounts. AS I STATED PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL OR PHONE. Contact info: accounts@richardfmoreno.com or 877.765.1428 Thank you Richard
  • 162. RAJEEV KHANNA said on 8/26/2010 2:24:06 PM
    i want the info about how to start a security company in toronto, G.T.A area. What licenses i need etc.
  • 163. Darrell Bolton said on 8/28/2010 11:47:44 AM
    OK i tried getting a job in security this year but no one will hire me but i have 5 to 6 years of security experience i can get my own contract but i need my own lic., insurance, and own weapon. how can i get the money and funds to get started and where and who can i talk to about getting equipped for my own security business i tried about two years ago but no one would help me? Louisiana, Shreveport. ty darrell
  • 164. Erastus Mwangi said on 8/31/2010 3:46:47 AM
    i am in Kenya have an experience in the security industry. Want a person to partner with start a professional security company. email me on ersmungai@yahoo.com
  • 165. shoukat shafi said on 9/1/2010 4:39:29 PM
    corona ca 92882. I would like to start my own security company
  • 166. Sumi said on 9/3/2010 3:15:11 AM
    i want to open Security Agency, But I have no idea please help me, how i can develop my Security Company, Which way i can collect the party's.email me on sumikamble@ymail.com
  • 167. vijendra singh shekhawat said on 9/3/2010 10:27:49 PM
    i am ex-vijendra singh have a pistol or a good experience in security, i want to start my security agencies in jaipur. i am new in this field so i request pls give me some advise how to start my agencies and what is the process of registration and licenses and which licenses is needed. what ways i can collect the parties pls as soon as reply pls send on my email Vijendra68@yahoo.in, or contact me on my mob.9808537685.
  • 168. Meli Delai said on 9/4/2010 9:06:57 PM
    hi just wondering what are the requirements to start a security Company, Finance, registration etc etc please email me
  • 169. AYTHEGIFTED said on 9/8/2010 12:03:19 AM
    HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING MY PPO FOR SECURITY? email: aythegifted@yahoo.com
  • 170. kader kone said on 9/10/2010 6:36:10 PM
    I am planing to open a security company in Ivory coast (west Africa) and where i can get training or workshops, equipment, or getting a partnership or any representation of existing company. please help in this regard. thanks mail : konet08@yahoo.co.uk. business location Abidjan ivory coast (west Africa)
  • 171. sonal gidwani said on 9/14/2010 8:10:03 AM
    I have 3 female dogs(breed labrador)trained by army person..as sniffer in detecting bombs and narcotics. i would like to know whom should i contact for my trained dogs..
  • 172. Rodney said on 9/14/2010 11:32:17 AM
    I have an extensive law enforcement background and I am very interested in starting a security firm in MD or PA. Can you provide any info that could be helpful as far as lic. and pricing?
  • 173. Cynthia said on 9/14/2010 9:48:15 PM
    Please help me find out what it is that I need to do to start my own security company in Wisconsin what permits are needed license are needed and any other things that may be needed. Thank you for any information that you can provide.
  • 174. Nickson rono said on 9/16/2010 10:17:05 AM
    kenyan citizen, and well versed with aviation security assist me in designing my company
  • 175. brad w. said on 9/17/2010 5:34:35 PM
    former marine wanting to start a security business in southeast NM, and in west TX, if any body can help that would be great.
  • 176. Given Ntshiqa said on 9/19/2010 5:30:19 AM
    I am an entrepreneur in Johannesburg and I need to start my own security company. Please advise me on the steps to follow.
  • 177. Soldier said on 10/5/2010 7:32:07 AM
    Former Police officer wanting to start a private security firm in Republic of Maldives Please advise me on the steps to follow.
  • 178. jesus morera said on 10/7/2010 3:53:10 PM
    houston texas please help me find out what it is that i need to do start my own security company in houston texas. i am security commissioned guard
  • 179. clem joey said on 10/11/2010 6:34:29 PM
    I have been working in the security field for over 5yrs with the new york state accredited license , but now want to set up my own company starting with the unarmed security, can you please assist me with all the necessary information sent to my email
  • 180. clem joey said on 10/11/2010 6:45:14 PM
    Could any one with a useful information on how to start my own security job please forward me the necessary information.I have been working in the security field for over five yrs in New york with the accredited license. My email address is clema007@yahoo.com
  • 181. Ryan said on 10/12/2010 11:33:48 PM
    Former Marine and also BW contractor. Still a current Police Officer in PA. Plenty of experience from myself and a group that are also interested. Land and air capable. Any information that anyone has on starting a new company in this area or any tips at all would be greatly appreciated.
  • 182. Rajesh Murali said on 10/17/2010 8:42:04 AM
    i was working in the Indian Air Force for 20 years. i would like to start a security company at kerala, India. please let me know the formalities
  • 183. Choo Leong Loo said on 10/25/2010 4:27:57 PM
    I want to start a security company (unarmed) in Los Angeles. What kind of requirement and license is needed?
  • 184. Sunder said on 10/26/2010 10:46:17 AM
    I want to start a security agency in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. I am presently working in Indian Navy in Naval Police and due to retire in Apr 2011. Please provide the necessary guidelines and procedure and other associated details. Thanking you.
  • 185. SHEIKH SALIK said on 10/26/2010 7:27:59 PM
    Hi can you please send me information how to start up a security company thank you for your help. ADDRASS 25 NEWMILL HOUSE DEVAS STREET LONDON E3 3LS my mobile 07958585821
  • 186. David Bergeron Jr said on 10/27/2010 2:32:52 AM
    I want to start my own security company in Rhode Island. I need some information and tips on starting it. I am a former correctional officer and am currently and MP in the Army Reserves. I also have prior security experience. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • 187. Tracy Walker said on 12/1/2010 11:27:11 PM
    Hello, I'm doing a college paper and I need a estimate of how much it might cost me to start up a security agency with a small staff. I would appreciate your insight and If you have another website to look at please feel free to email me. Thank you , Tracy Walker
  • 188. Jacques said on 12/2/2010 12:58:55 PM
    Well,I can tell you in South Africa it is all about Service, Service and Service. This is the 3 word basic that you need. I have a Security Company and there are many "CHANCRES" in the field. It is hard to compete against people that run their business from their homes,as you having overheads running your business from a office. That is why service is the first and last thing you need do.
  • 189. James Brown said on 12/4/2010 11:44:28 PM
    Little Rock Arkanass, How can i start a security business please help thanks.
  • 190. Robert Graves said on 12/8/2010 11:32:51 PM
    Myself and four other partners just got our Security /PI license, and are in line for a contract at one of the Universities. We wood like to know how do we get certified by the state of Pennsylvania.
  • 191. Walner Decius said on 12/10/2010 11:58:55 AM
    Hi, i would like to find out what types of licenses would i need to open a security agency in Florida. which would include private investigator and body guard. thank you!
  • 192. abdirahman yusuf said on 12/11/2010 7:28:05 AM
    hi my is abdi I life in uk location Northamptonshire I would like to open a security company in uk so I don't have any idea so anyone can help me how to started new business like security guarding. Just I have experience as I am working last 15 years security officer sites, retail, patrolling and gate house. now i want to change what i am doing pass i would like to creating my own business for security pls any help my dream thanks
  • 193. S.Pradeep kumar said on 12/16/2010 2:45:56 AM
    I am in Security products business for last 6 years,I see a good prospect as a combination (security services)i need to know more about setting up an security service company. the company would be in Bangalore. i will be responsible for the same. need to know the initial infrastructure, logistics, manpower, training, marketing etc: required and how to set up the whole .
  • 194. kago said on 12/17/2010 12:57:11 AM
    i would like you to give me guidelines on how to write a proposal on acquiring finances of a security company.
  • 195. asad said on 12/22/2010 6:03:01 AM
    i m in Chihuahua/Mexico. I am ex Major from Pakistan Army with a war experience and few anti terrorist and anti dacoit operations in Pakistan and Afghanistan.In addition i have served under United nations for 1 and half year and qualified in security escort duties with 21 different types of security courses.I am settling in chihuahua and want to start the security company. Please advice on the initial requirements of starting such type of work that includes.
    1. Weapons and equipment
    2. Salaries / income
    3. Insurance and other related policies
    4. Training (Mental and Physical)
    5. Client satisfaction tips
  • 196. T/ Williams said on 1/4/2011 12:33:23 AM
    I've started Security business and need to know how to get contracts or a web site that list open bids.
  • 197. Parker said on 1/4/2011 4:21:40 PM
    I'm looking to start a security company with armed and unarmed security. The states I would like to provide service for is DC, MD, and VA. The company will be base out of MD. I'm planning to apply for my LLC in MD. I'm working with a small budget or should I apply for a loan? Do you have a cost on insurance, do I need an office or can I use a PO Box and work from home, and pay rate for both armed and unarmed security? If you have any more information that you can pass on thanks.
  • 198. jawad said on 1/15/2011 8:02:59 PM
    i am in london and have vast experience of personally been working in security want to open a security company and i need what are the rules and requirements to do so. thanks
  • 199. eric said on 1/17/2011 4:01:32 AM
    i want to start up a security outfit in nigeria, pls if u could send me relevant courses i could take to enable me be world class.
  • 200. Matthew Schrader said on 1/20/2011 3:29:31 PM
    i am in texas and looking to start a security company and i need the rules and requirements to do so. i also would like to know more about privacy acts dealing with security camaras.