How to Start a Home Baking Business

Do you wish to be an entrepreneur? Have you started thinking about your liking business? Do you love baked foods? Yes, if you have interest towards breads, cakes, cookies and chocolates then a little bit startup advice can set your home baking business.

If you have always loved baking great tasting cakes and breads, you may want to take advantage of your hobby and talent to start your own home baking business. A baking business can be very profitable especially if you have a number of friends and relatives who always order cakes and pastries during parties and special events.

home baking business

The best thing about starting a baking business is you can indulge in baking while having the opportunity to earn from your efforts. You can operate this home based baking business from home and on a part time basis. If you are planning to start a baking business, here are some of the things that you may be interested to know about:

Requirements to Start a Baking Business

An oven and some sets of baking tools and equipment that you may already have at home will be good enough to start a baking business if you are just planning to operate your baking business at home or on a part time basis. If you decide to open a bigger baking business, however, you will need more and bigger equipment to accommodate to a larger number of clients. You must also make inquiries regarding licenses and certificates that you may need to operate a baking company. Baking business operators, for example, are typically required to secure a business permit and a health certificate. A background or training in the baking business will also be helpful if you are starting a baking business.

Getting Clients

You can start getting your first set of clients by encouraging friends and relatives to try your baked foods. You can even encourage your friends to order cakes from you whenever they have occasions in their home. A good way of encouraging people to order baked goods from your home baking business is to offer them cheaper but great tasting cakes and breads. The small network of clients that you have will inevitable grow as long as you continue to provide your customers with best tasting baked goods. When building and choosing a location for your baking company outlet, it will be important to choose a baking business location where there are a number of prospective customers who will buy your baked goods. In addition to this, remember that word of mouth marketing remains to be the best so better ask your friends, family members and even existing customers to refer your baking company to other people.

• Choosing Names for a Bakery Business
    There are several prospective names for a bakery business but in coming up for the final one, make sure that it will follow the business rules.
  • Cost to Open a Bakery
    The cost to open a bakery will depend on the type and size of the bakery you want to establish. Learn the bakery set up costs and other information about the business in order to start successfully.

• 1. Quincella C. Geiger said on 7/25/2008
    From my many years of operating a Licensed home-based baking business, I have written a book titled "Bringing Home the Baking" How to Start a Licensed Home-Based Baking Business. My book covers: pre-qualifying your home for a food business, getting your business license and health permit, tips on purchasing equipment, writing a business plan, identifing your specialty, marketing, product packaging, baking tips, shipping your products and more! Plus a chapter on affordable alternatives to baking at home, should you not be able to qualify for a home business license. Check out my website @ www.BringingHometheBaking.com. There you can read pages from the book and much more. Much success with your baking venture!
  • 2. Tiffany said on 11/18/2008
    I am in college and will soon be on my way to nursing school. I love baking and my mom keeps teasing me about starting a baking business and so does my boyfriend. Now if I do start my own baking business will I need a license right off the back to do it out of my home?
  • 3. Maureen said on 1/22/2009 11:37:03 AM
  • 4. LORESA D. said on 2/9/2009 12:42:58 PM
    Hi I would like to know the necessary information about starting my own baking business and the license information would be greatly appreciated.
  • 5. nieves rodriguez said on 2/9/2009 9:37:38 PM
    I need to now how you get a home baking license, or if you need one Thank you rita.
  • 6. L. Kimble said on 2/22/2009 9:34:10 AM
    I need more info on getting a business license in IN and how to get started. I would love to do this. The attorney general's web site for IN was no help.
  • 7. Tammy Kinsey said on 3/13/2009 3:53:27 PM
    i do not want to start a business but i do love to bake every summer. I was told that here in johnstown pa where i live, i had to pay for baking and selling any kind of drinks. I was also told i had to pay $50.00 for the permit. I do love to bake.
  • 8. Sheryl James said on 3/26/2009 9:41:52 AM
    My PASSION is Creating Great Looking And Great Tasting Cakes. Largely, HeirLoom Cakes! The Real Problem Might Be - How to Ship the Cakes! How Are They Shipped With No Problems? Show Me....Sheryl
  • 9. Betty Reeve said on 3/27/2009 2:53:16 PM
    My husband keeps on at me about open up my own business in baking cakes, but I don't know how. Could you give me some advice on opening my own business?
  • 10. Joshua Brandon said on 5/17/2009 8:18:09 PM
    how do you get e license for a baking business? please email me at soldjarboy410@aoll.com
  • 11. okoh said on 6/6/2009 11:17:03 AM
    Good day, i read all the questions but i want an answer to my question. What are the tips in commenical cake baking.e.g what are the best method of preservation.
  • 12. vaidehi said on 6/16/2009 4:54:53 AM
    Please send me the relevant information that I need to open my own baking business please.
  • 13. jess said on 6/21/2009 5:33:37 PM
    You definitely need permits and licenses in most states. You need to be sure you live in an area zoned for a business, even if it's a home based business. You need to be sure there are no animals anywhere on the premises, that's a health code violation, and you can be shut down for it. You need a business license, and a tax ID number for both state and federal. A lot of suppliers for bakeries will NOT sell to you if you don't have these. Don't take shortcuts, and don't sell if you're not licensed. If someone gets sick from something you made, you will be sued a million times over if you're not licensed and insured. Liability insurance is a MUST. I speak from experience, I used to own my own bakery.
  • 14. Rissa said on 6/25/2009 11:24:52 PM
    Is it necessary to get a license right away for baking at home or is it needed for a certain amount that you do? Is it difficult to get permits or license you need? Also can you please send me all the relevant information that I need to start an in-home baking business? Thank you.
  • 15. mageswaran said on 7/3/2009 3:21:22 AM
    i intend to bake biscuits in my home first in Malaysia. how do i go about to take my license? I want to bake through traditional method without using electricity. Is it possible to be approved? I am also planning to do in a different way by adding herbs when baking.
  • 16. tammy said on 8/3/2009 4:23:36 PM
    how can i start my own cake business out of the comfort of my own home, and will i need to get a permit or license to start.
  • 17. deborah cagle said on 8/8/2009 4:23:39 PM
    Would like to know where to get containers for muffins and cakes. i would like to sell at the local flea market. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks
  • 18. chyra said on 9/30/2009 4:47:29 PM
    help, i need to know how to start a home baking business from home. how much capital will i need to start up.
  • 19. Mabel said on 10/5/2009 9:39:51 PM
    I would like to just "test the waters" before beginning a full-blow business. should i just get a license from starting or is it okay to get it later?
  • 20. Darren said on 10/14/2009 7:46:39 PM
    I live in Arkansas and would love to bake out of my home, i need to know if i can legally sell my baked goods before i have a permit or license. If i could get info on starting out i would appreciate it.
  • 21. Rafaela de Souza said on 10/31/2009 1:22:57 PM
    I am from Brazil. I was looking for ideas for my Business Plan to present in college ( Business Management)and I found this website. This is a great one! I am thinking about to open a Baking Business which will offer variety of breads and deliver service.
  • 22. christine said on 11/5/2009 11:07:36 AM
    i live in harrogate and have done baking for family and friends and want to set my own business up can you send me some information. do i need a license
  • 23. Thomas said on 11/15/2009 12:10:10 AM
    I have over 17 years experience working as a pastry chef in hotels and large restaurants. Currently living in Nyali Mombasa. I bake cakes at home occasionally. I want to get more customers. I know my cakes are good(tailor made). Order now birthday, wedding, anniversary, e.t.c. CALL Thomas(UNISAM-CAKES) +254 0721529167
  • 24. cereen vassel said on 12/31/2009 9:11:16 PM
    would like to start my own home baking business. i love to bake and cook but leaning more towards baking. as a class parent for my daughters class i make all the cookies and cakes for the different holidays. ready to do this for 2010, how do i start. watchung nj.
  • 25. macarthur thomas said on 1/4/2010 7:05:24 AM
    i am interested to start a baking business from home in Georgia Ave NW or Washiington, DC 20011 USA
  • 26. mary said on 1/24/2010 5:35:00 AM
    Greenwith, South Australia. I am thinking of starting a small home cake making business - only 1 or 2 cakes a week. Do I need a license and insurance for this, and if so, who do I approach to get them.
  • 27. tolulope said on 1/25/2010 10:24:11 AM
    I am just getting to a new location and thinking of starting a home based baking business. please, how do i get buyers? i stay in a very reserved and quite environment in a quite busy city (ibadan, Oyo State) in Nigeria
  • 28. kukoyi folahsade said on 2/19/2010 8:14:47 AM
    my state is lagos, my country is nigeria, i thank God for this opportunity. i love baking but there some that i dont know how to bake.
  • 29. NATACHA said on 2/20/2010 7:57:34 AM
    STATE of Virginia, I am planning of starting a small home making sambosa(salty pastries with meat inside)and spring rolls( kind of appetizers). My plan is first offer free of my baking with friends and family,, church, any party, any occasion..and handling my cards.. My business is only ordering on the phone, and delivery. do i need a license right away.. i just want to do "test" first and see later on!!
  • 30. deepak singh said on 2/23/2010 5:33:45 AM
    hi, its deepak. i want to start my own home banking business. i am a IrDA certified.. so what certification i need to do and what to do initially? Please help me.
  • 31. anuj arya said on 3/16/2010 2:02:27 AM
    Hi, I am a ordinary person. I am thinking a business of establish my own bakery, but I know nothing in this field. I want to know about it. For example capital, space, instruments, marketing, dealing with customers. Each and every thing I want to know about this business. Could you please help me. Wait.... wait....let me tell you that initially I want to do this business as part time. So please help me.
  • 32. sherry radatz said on 4/2/2010 4:55:44 PM
    i would like to know how to go about starting a home baking business, permits required everything i need to know jensen beach fl
  • 33. fatima kasker said on 4/14/2010 8:16:43 AM
    i'd like to start baking from home business but dont know how to begin and what kind of permits is needed can you help me. cape town south africa
  • 34. rosa l said on 4/24/2010 10:50:44 AM
    do i need to be licensed in wisconsin to start a home based baking business? How do I go about getting started?
  • 35. Stephanie K. said on 4/26/2010 4:37:10 PM
    I'd like to start a home-based business in Washington DC. Can you help?
  • 36. Mugure said on 4/28/2010 7:16:48 AM
    Hi, I want to learn how to bake fruit pies. I am looking for someone who would be willing to offer the training at an agreed on fee?
  • 37. waheeda said on 5/7/2010 7:22:26 AM
    i stay in athlone in cape town and would like to start a baking business please help me
  • 38. Dana said on 5/10/2010 10:37:03 PM
    My question is the same as #13 How to ship. Also how to get started at home.
  • 39. Bo said on 5/27/2010 8:16:30 PM
    What equipment do you need to buy to start a baking business? - Baking in Australia.
  • 40. katherine robinson said on 5/31/2010 5:33:18 PM
    I live in southbend, indiana - And I wanted to know if there is a license or permit I can get to start a home baking business...
  • 41. dayna just said on 6/27/2010 7:28:57 PM
    i live in suffolk county ny do i need a license to sell cakes out of my house and to small business?
  • 42. Sarah said on 6/29/2010 10:24:30 AM
    I would like to start a cake baking business, but I cannot afford a cooker and I do not have capital. Is anyone willing to help me out? Sarah
  • 43. RORY said on 7/1/2010 8:56:07 AM
    I LIVE IN MANATEE COUNTY, FLORIDA...I would like all info regarding opening my Italian home cooked meals..made in my home...what do I need? how do I get started..this has been my dream but I am clueless how to get started...my food speaks for itself...idea is u call place order and either pick or i deliver..pls help me....
  • 44. leticia said on 7/1/2010 4:52:14 PM
    i live in port harcourt in nigeria, i will like to have a book on baking, i can bake cakes and muffins but there are other things i would like to bake so plz can you help? thanks
  • 45. Martine said on 7/6/2010 1:50:43 PM
    I would like to know the rules of starting a home baking business. What I would need to start up license and rules of equipment etc thank you
  • 46. Tracy said on 7/14/2010 2:10:57 PM
    I am interested in starting a baking business at home in Long Island NY. What documents are needed?
  • 47. linda said on 7/16/2010 9:51:14 AM
    I live in Orange County, NY and would like to know if I need a license or permit for a home baking business and where do you contact to apply for one. Thank you
  • 48. jane trowbridge said on 7/16/2010 1:20:04 PM
    My baking has sort of taken on a life of it's own. I would like to know how to get my home based business off the ground. What type of permits and inspections do I need? I live in Suffolk county NY. Thank you.
  • 49. Eileen Kolia said on 7/19/2010 9:42:11 AM
    I live in Bartlett Illinois. I would like to start baking business from home. What do I need? How to get started. Thanks
  • 50. chris bergen said on 7/29/2010 1:44:38 PM
    I live in Zephyrhills, Florida and would like to know if it is legal to have a home based cake decorating business here?
  • 51. Carolita Whitlock said on 8/2/2010 8:18:41 PM
    Love to bake cakes and can do some decorating. Live in Statesville, North Carolina. Is there a license required in my area to start up a home based baking business. Please advise.
  • 52. dorah said on 8/5/2010 3:37:22 PM
    my name is dorah, i'm a mum of three. i have been baking ever since i was 4 in my mums kitchen. how do i make the world taste my baking and make a living for my kids?
  • 53. Alexandria said on 8/9/2010 2:23:48 PM
    How can I start my own business for a bakery, How can I get license for starting my own bakery in the state of Arizona? Do you know of any schools?
  • 54. charito said on 8/14/2010 4:47:47 AM
    can u please tell how much will be cost when starting a baking business? i am here philippines 2600
  • 55. nkechi anyanwu kennia said on 8/17/2010 4:24:56 AM
    oyigbo rivers state, pls i need a school that i will come learn how to bake here in port harcourt. can you help me to get a better school in port harcourt for baking and cake making.
  • 56. Cynthia said on 8/17/2010 6:17:19 AM
    I live in Cary, NC What do I need to do legally to bake cookies from home, to sell in local business coffee shop.
  • 57. Cindi said on 8/17/2010 1:22:39 PM
    I live in north Alabama, Limestone county. I am considering a home based cake/cupcake baking business. Please advise on permits/license needed as well as any special equipment. Thank you!!
  • 58. Diana said on 8/26/2010 3:48:46 PM
    I am interested to start a home baking business (cupcakes to be deliver to coffee shops ); I live in Weston, Fl 33326; my house is located in a residential neighborhood; What licenses do I need?
  • 59. Darlene Alston said on 9/6/2010 1:05:02 PM
    I would like to prepare lunch and dinners from my home or carry out to some plants near by. How should i get started? I live in Hopkins, SC 29061.
  • 60. Cathy DeMita said on 9/13/2010 1:18:00 PM
    I am interested in starting a brown bag gourmet lunch catering business from home w/delivery in Roswell, Ga. Do I need to obtain a license if I just advertise with flyers and not on the internet?
  • 61. TAMMY EASTWORTH said on 9/14/2010 11:34:41 AM
    I am wanting to do a home bakery part-time, do i need permits and license and inspected from health department. I do not live in city limits, Some of my items will be used for marketing gifts for some business, i have had several request from people but i need to know before i start doing this, i have called all my local offices and get the run-a-round seems like they don't know how to answer me. it is from my home not where people can come in I will be baking it and delivering it for some money some will be purchase the ingredient and i will bake it.
  • 62. Debbie Tuschen said on 9/14/2010 12:28:06 PM
    want to start a business with gluten free bake goods from my home. live in the country in Rio Wisconsin, county is Columbia. What do I need to do to get started.
  • 63. DaRel Samacicio said on 9/17/2010 10:39:14 PM
    Hello! I live in Topton, PA and would like to start a part time bakery out of my home. I contacted out local Boro and they said yes to it, but who do I contact next? Do I need a license/permit immediately or after I start earning a certain amount of money? Any assistance you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!
  • 64. Sandra Woods said on 9/21/2010 5:28:44 PM
    i am planning to open a home baking shop in 519 Vienna Hwy. Hawkinsville, GA 31036
  • 65. Debra Estrada said on 9/28/2010 12:29:01 PM
    I live in the County of Los Angeles, in a small suburb, Montrose, CA. I am interested in baking at home and selling cookies to a nearby coffee shop and to friends and family. Do I need a permit for this? Also, how do I find ways to package and advertise, maybe a sticker with my name and logo? Thank You
  • 66. tahseen mussa said on 9/28/2010 5:34:41 PM
    hiya want to start a home baking business on small scale....my baking is neat my butter cream is very good can decorate well but tricky with fondant and picture cakes for birthdays.....want to know if i need license or insurance? going to start with the family and friends first..i live in the united kingdom.
  • 67. dunia said on 9/29/2010 4:26:20 PM
    I live in florida(broward) and I would love to start business at my house, like cooking for delivery, you think I can
  • 68. Monica said on 10/1/2010 10:12:03 PM
    Bronx, NY. How do I get a home occupation permit as well as a use of assumed name? The websites out there are extremely confusing....
  • 69. Kay said on 10/7/2010 2:17:02 PM
    Abilene Texas 79606. I actually live out of the City Limits... what will I need to get started?????
  • 70. Bernice Johnson said on 10/12/2010 10:54:52 PM
    is there anyone who can help me in setup a home based baking business in Gainesville, Florida
  • 71. Millie said on 10/15/2010 9:04:49 AM
    I am 16, and am wondering how to start up a baking business. i would run the business from home so would like to know what qualifications and certificates would be needed. For a home business are licenses and qualifications needed at first? Thank you
  • 72. susie smith said on 10/15/2010 8:19:46 PM
    i would like to start a home based bakery in tifton, georgia. what are the rule to the october 2008 food act that was passed regarding pies, cakes and cookies?
  • 73. dee suat said on 10/19/2010 3:28:30 PM
    Hi, I am considering starting a home catering business for pets. I live in South Florida, Broward county. City of Lighthouse Point. I have seen conflicting information. Can you tell me what licenses, permits I will need besides incorporation. What concerns will there be since I am dealing with food. I would like this to be done from home. Thank you
  • 74. Elaine said on 10/28/2010 2:29:55 PM
    Hello, I am from Chicago Il. I would like to start a home based Baked Goods and catering operation. I dont know what to do . Can I even do it from home in Chicago? If not are there kitchens on the south side of the city that are certified that I can rent for a reasonable price to do production from? PLEASE HELP.. Thanks Elaine
  • 75. Cindy Pohl said on 11/21/2010 6:16:10 PM
    San Gabriel, CA 91776, USA. I want to bake organic cookies for the Farmers Market from my home. How do I get the permits, certification, inspection, etc. to get going with this? Thank you for your help. Cindy Pohl
  • 76. Jennifer H said on 12/14/2010 2:27:21 PM
    Atlanta, Ga 30345 I would like to sell cookies, pies, breads, muffibs ect. from home. I'm wondering what the regulations and licenses I must obtain to sell and advertise for this.
  • 77. Sally L said on 12/22/2010 11:34:36 AM
    I just started gaining lots of interest for my decorative cookies, and am not sure about what the guidelines are for having an at-home baking business in Macon, GA. Am I allowed to sell my cookies without any sort of business or food safety license? At what point will taking those steps become necessary? I am nowhere near needing a commercial kitchen, but I do want to make sure I'm going by the book. I've tried to look up the GA law, but it's difficult to sift through! THanks:)
  • 78. Kay said on 12/26/2010 7:46:52 PM
    I am looking for someone who loves to bake and would like to start a home baking business with a partner. I live in indianapolis and am working right now and want to get things started before I retire. I make anything from cupcakes to cheesecakes. I've been told that my cheesecakes are better than the Cheesecake Factory. Quote from a co-worker. 'They are the bombe'. I want a partner because I think it would be more fun and 2 could get more done than one.
  • 79. jenni said on 12/28/2010 11:20:14 PM
    hello! i want to start a bakery and sweet shop from home.. i live in southern indiana but plan on moving soon, tho i haven't decided where to yet. i would like to know at what point do i need a license and how do i go about getting one? all help is much appreciated! thank you!
  • 80. Joe Guagliardo said on 12/30/2010 10:27:46 AM
    Can you have a home based baking business in Florida? I've heard and seen varying replies to this question. I've heard, "No you can't," yet there was a guy on the today show who started his baking business at home in Florida, and is so successful he is now branching out into a store type location. Any idea which it is?
  • 81. Kara said on 1/3/2011 3:01:02 PM
    Joe, the answer is no. I've spoken to the Department of Agriculture for Florida and you can not operate any type of food services from your home.
  • 82. Bryan Hiller said on 1/7/2011 8:56:33 AM
    Greensboro, NC. I have been baking a lot for my church and friends and would like to start doing it Part-time for a test business (bakery/ coffee shop). I can bake anything from cheesecake, cake, cookies, cupcakes and sticky buns. How can I start something Part-time from home.
  • 83. Suzanne Mailey said on 1/11/2011 10:46:12 AM
    I live in the Northwest of England and I am thinking about baking cupcakes to sell at fairs etc. I would like to know what Insurance or License Certificates I would need to be able to do this.
  • 84. Nadia said on 1/17/2011 2:35:55 AM
    I live in South Africa , Port Elizabeth and I'm thinking my own home based baking business - where do I start and how can I get the funds to start.
  • 85. teresa moreno said on 1/20/2011 3:43:48 PM
    hi, my name is teresa and im trying to open a cake shop. i live in Live Oak, Ca 95953. can you please tell me the step that i should be taking to start a cake business, any information you give me be appreciate. thank you
  • 86. pauline agbor said on 1/21/2011 2:11:16 PM
    Abuja,federal capital territory,nigeria. I would love to start my own small scale baking business but I need to at least get more professional training but do not know of any training centre around my area.thank u
  • 87. Sharandell W said on 1/21/2011 10:49:16 PM
    Columbia,MO. HEY TO ALL! First you need to check and make sure your state allows home based bakerys. Second you will need your food handlers permit, and an inspection from your local Health Department. Then go from there! I'm currently trying to open a home based bakery!!! ENJOY YOU GUYS:-)
  • 88. Diane T. said on 1/28/2011 12:47:45 AM
    I live in Georgia and would like to know if I can turn my fairly large storage house into a bakery and it still be considered a home based baking business. It is located approximately 20 feet from my house. Also, should I establish an LLC for my home based business? One more question....if I live in a residential area how do I go about getting permission to operate my home based business?
  • 89. Ambadas Ganpatrao Kadam said on 1/29/2011 8:13:49 AM
    I want to start a Home Based Banking Business. Let me know the steps/procedure for it. I am Residing in Nanded City District Nanded Maharashtra. Pl convey. Thank u
  • 90. Christy Province said on 2/7/2011 2:57:23 PM
    I Live in Houtzdale PA. At this time I am unemployed and have always dreamed of a baking business. I have worked out of my home a little for friends and family for pies and cookies. I would like to start slow and build a baking business out of my home. Do i need any permits, inspections or licenses to start. Is their a dollar amount limit per month that you make before you have to have a license. Thank you Christy
  • 91. Brandy said on 2/8/2011 8:56:15 PM
    I would like to start a bakery in the Grand Prairie, Arlington area.
  • 92. Lana said on 2/9/2011 10:49:29 PM
    I live in Stockton Ca. I always wanted to open my own baking business at home. I would like to know how to get started and the steps and also procedures for it. thank you please email me and let me know
  • 93. Trevor Trout said on 2/12/2011 9:15:46 AM
    Our church would like to start a bakery in a previously disadvantaged area in CapeTown. Are you able to assist. Regards. Pst Trout
  • 94. Ngenzeni Khanyile said on 2/18/2011 9:07:13 AM
    I want to start my own baking business at home, please help me with how to get started, steps and procedures including all the equipments to be used. Your help will be very much appreciated. Thank You.
  • 95. Lorena Cepeda said on 2/18/2011 2:39:29 PM
    I Live in Orlando, FL. At this time I am unemployed and have always dreamed of a baking business. I would like to start slow. Do i need any permits, inspections or licenses to start. Is their a dollar amount limit per month that you make before you have to have a license. Thanks in advance, Lorena
  • 96. Tammy Pittman said on 2/22/2011 5:10:00 PM
    St. Paul, MN; USA. I am very interested in starting up a baking business from my home. I have been reading many articles on how to go about it and am overwhelmed with the information. Can you provide a resource or a list of the first steps to get started. Where should I go for the most updated information and to get the most current licensing needed, etc. I would appreciate your help. Thank you
  • 97. Totka Neykova said on 3/3/2011 8:43:35 AM
    Hi, I live in Chicago, IL. I like to start a baking business from home. What kind of permits do I need or licenses? Thanks in advance, Totka.
  • 98. Lynn Harris said on 3/3/2011 9:13:00 PM
    Moving to northern part of Atlanta, GA area and was wondering if in that area you can have a home based baking business, and who I can contact for information on licenses/permits. I want to do cupcakes, brownies, cheesecakes. Also, any suggestions on how to get started finding customers. Thank you.
  • 99. James expert adviser said on 3/3/2011 11:46:05 PM
    @Totka Neykova, yes you need to be certified to do this business from home. You need a 3 compartment sink, a hand washing sink and a separate floor washing sink. You also need stainless platform for your kitchen.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 100. James expert adviser said on 3/4/2011 7:25:27 AM
    @Lynn Harris, you need to have a license to start this business. Here is a guide to secure a permit in Atlanta, GA. If you have trouble then hire a consultant to complete this work for you. Finding buyer is must. There are couple of ways to it. Will you just take orders in a small amount then probably word of mouth will work best for that. You start partying at your home and show your works in those parties. You can also find regular gatherings in Atlanta and supply some free bakery to promote the business. If you wanna go for big scale then you need a website, advertise, contact local grocery store, gas stations, etc for the business.

Jestin James
    Startup Biz Hub - Senior Advisor (Staff)

• 101. Totka said on 3/4/2011 10:26:51 AM
    Thank you!!!
  • 102. monica pinillos said on 3/8/2011 1:29:10 PM
    i'm the in the Doral area (Miami), i already bought many different machines in order to cook and decorate cakes,pastry and bakery (cake, chocolate candy, cookies and cup cakes), i want a create a business partnership and rent a preestablished cafeteria or bakery place and share the costs. monicapinillosgomez@yahoo.com
  • 103. Lisa T said on 3/16/2011 11:54:44 AM
    Can I have a HOME baking business in Tampa, FL? Dept of Agriculture is telling me NO, yet I don't find anything online to support that. Local tax collectors office says I have to have Dept of Ag's clearance to acquire a business license. Please provide what information you might have. Thank you for your time.
  • 104. Manju said on 3/18/2011 2:26:11 AM
    I have a course certificate in Baking and am fairly good at baking cakes and cookies, would want to start off small from home. I do have all necessary accessories and ovens. I am located at India, Bangalore, do give me some advice.
  • 105. brenda williamson said on 4/6/2011 11:22:54 AM
    I want to open my on bakery/cafe in indianapolis,IN. I would like to turn my mom's garage into a place to bake and make caramel corn. I have been certified by the board of health safserve. need to know how to start where to get containers for baked goods and steps to make it happen. thanks
  • 106. Lori Peck said on 4/6/2011 4:27:02 PM
    Bunnell, Fl. Am interested in getting something going for pets. I make birdie breads and dog cookies. do i need a "Kitchen" license, to do this, since these are for animals, not people.
  • 107. Sara Manganelli said on 4/12/2011 10:21:18 AM
    I was wondering if there is some kind of checklist to prepare for a Board of Health permit to open a residential bakery in Uxbridge, MA?
  • 108. Jennifer Guerra said on 4/22/2011 12:27:46 AM
    do i have to have a license or a permit to open a cakes business at my home?.. Houston,Tx ,US
  • 109. Mayra Galaviz said on 4/28/2011 11:41:29 PM
    Hi my business will be in Oklahoma city. I need to know where to go or call to start my business in Oklahoma city from my home please let me know.
  • 110. clarissa Etruiste said on 5/17/2011 1:49:19 AM
    I'm from Hilltop, Batangas City, Philippines. Is their a flour company who can help supports an entrepreneur who wants to start a bakery business?
  • 111. cris said on 5/27/2011 3:38:31 PM
    i want to start sell cupcake from home, do i need license from the state? i live in florida. how those people start their baking from home and dont need be license since is from home. please tell me where i can get information how to start my own cupcake company from home. thanks
  • 112. Ejelonu said on 6/25/2011 4:10:41 PM
    My hubby is baking though i have no formal training,now i want to start commercial baking.i need your advice.from:Nigeria,Ondo state
  • 113. Ms. Patrice said on 7/5/2011 8:50:28 PM
    I'm in Chicago, my daughter is a student at one of the city colleges majoring in Culinary Arts. We've already begun baking but want to run the business the correct way. What do we do? Where do we start?
  • 114. Chasity said on 7/7/2011 10:16:15 PM
    I live in Lyons IL, and always had a passion for baking. Am told all the time by family & friends to start my own baking business from home but don't have a clue where to begin or what i need to run a at home baking business! and also am worried if it will be worth the effort!!! Can someone help me with info on getting started Thanks!
  • 115. Jessica said on 8/8/2011 8:07:18 PM
    I am in Tampa FL have baked cupcakes for a few friends having parties and would like to know what type of training / permits would be best for a part time legit baking business. I have had more and more people interested in orders and would like to take the proper steps to ensure i am not setting myself up for a disaster if i decide to expand. Thanks!
  • 116. net said on 8/13/2011 3:22:56 PM
    i'm in baltimore md usa i have a 300 year old recipe of carribean style bread pudding passed down to me from my mom in the bahamas i make my bread pudding by hand no artificial ingredients only fresh fruit,pure cane sugar,cinnamon etc you will taste the rest i'm looking to go into business alone or either with a partner i'm also willing to sell the recipe this has yielded $2500 just from a vending stand at the baltimore stone soul picnic and free samples will be shipped to potential customers or partners with no problem my name is net and my phone number is 240 522 7434 i ship internationally and local i guarantee freshness if you want me to cater a social event i need 72 hours notice but i guarantee satisfaction and you will buy again. my email is mondospitnice@aol.com
  • 117. Brenda White said on 8/15/2011 6:45:20 PM
    Tampa, FL USA. I am considering baking 2-3 cakes a week from my home and mailing to other areas of the USA to start my in home cake baking business. I am having difficulties finding information online as to what the requirements are in FL. Do I need a license or permit? Do I also need the health department to inspect my home. Also if you know where I can purchase the clear cake carriers that grocery stores use, I would appreciate that info.
  • 118. Romy said on 9/1/2011 10:58:24 AM
    Hi, I'm looking forward to start a chocolate home made business. Chocolates that I would sell as flavors for parties and so on. I live in Aventura, FL. Please help me!! I really need to know what permits will I have to get in order to start my business right away. I know that there are some kitchens that are for rent and have already all permits to operate in it. Would this be a good option?? Please tell me the most you can. Thanks in advanced and have a great day!!
  • 119. Grace said on 9/4/2011 12:55:59 AM
    New Jersey - what do I need to start a home based business in baking? What steps do I need to take?
  • 120. Nikkie said on 9/5/2011 2:18:52 PM
    Ppl love my cookies, chez cake, bread n much more n I been thinking on just selling it around my town I Live in Twin Falls ID...I make it a lot for my friends n they think I shud sale it I need to make some extra money tryin to get a car for me...so what all do I need to do to get started wud I need to get a license ?
  • 121. Sphindile Mthembu said on 9/15/2011 5:22:32 PM
    I need help with a bakery business plan for me to sure funding to start a bakery business.
  • 122. biscuits said on 9/16/2011 4:47:47 PM
    I am in Los Angeles, CA I want to start selling appetizers from my home based store. I already have a business license as well as a seller's permit. How can I obtain my food handler's licenses? Thanks
  • 123. jason said on 9/18/2011 4:43:06 PM
    Hi I am in cape town south africa and I am selling donuts.from home using a belshaw machine and a 35 year old scratch recipe, my problem is marketing. Last month I had sold over 20.000 donut holes but I need to sell more can somebody give me marketing advice please. Thanks Jasoncoch@yahoo.com
  • 124. Umesh Sahoo said on 9/20/2011 3:39:21 PM
    I like to start home baking business in kendrapara, orissa, india. can you just help for training, equipment, how much area, size, and maximum fund. pl, get detail of advice, .mobile,no.+918763475199
  • 125. carig said on 9/28/2011 4:50:29 AM
    how can i get a sandwich run because in college i am doing a business and i am doing bakery and it is good and i need help to get the things
  • 126. ROSE said on 10/5/2011 2:09:52 PM
    from fl dept. of agriculture a cottage home baked now called DO NOT NEED a license not overseen june 2011 passed the cottage act. start baking you home folks!!!some rules of what is allowed to bake no tcs foods, no refig. type products there are many things to bake cakes,cookies,breads,rolls,biscuits ect. check out site very informative.
  • 127. Keith said on 10/6/2011 10:11:43 AM
    I have always loved making deserts and baking, ever since I was a young boy helping my Mother. I am usually very pleased with my creations. Lately, I have seriously considered taking it to the next step, and creating a business. I have a unique idea, which would help to separate me (us) from the rest, bringing unique interest and additional profit. Currently, I am living in Sebastian, FL., on the river. If anyone is interested in possibly partnering, contact me at jomots243@aol.com I have business degrees, and experience opening and running new businesses, as well as building clientele. I could do this alone, but it would be much more fun to work with a partner. Looking forward to hearing from you! Keith
  • 128. Brenda Lindsey said on 10/10/2011 12:42:14 PM
    I have been cooking and baking for some very small events and gatherings for a while now. I am an accountant by trade but I love to cook and bake. I need ideas on marketing and licensing laws. Email me at bbl2818@aol.com
  • 129. mohammed sikandar beginner adviser said on 10/15/2011 2:17:25 AM
    hi dear sir/madam, i am pastry chef working in hilton hotel in india if u want start bakery business so i have good ideas i have 11 year experience. thanks

Ph: 08826205114

• 130. paticiah mulati said on 10/18/2011 4:03:21 AM
    i like the idea but my Q is,do i need to under go training,will i get license for this buz i live in kenya
  • 131. Rohit Bhagat said on 10/19/2011 6:25:20 AM
    Hi... I would like to know the necessary information about starting my own bakery business and the license information.
  • 132. Joy Arpin said on 10/24/2011 4:37:47 PM
    Naples, Fl. Want to start a cake and pie baking business in my home. What are the licensing requirements for Florida?
  • 133. Jon said on 10/30/2011 9:05:58 PM
    Interested in starting a home based baking business. I have a nice kitchen to use and would like to start my Eleven year old daughter off with her first business endeavor. Barnhart, Missouri, 63012
  • 134. Anne Green said on 10/31/2011 10:55:07 AM
    I am currently seeking information on how to get a baking business started in north carolina 27265. Can I start out baking in my kitchen or are there permits & or licenses required before I pull out one mixing bowl?
  • 135. Dale Walker said on 11/1/2011 10:31:17 AM
    newburgh New york, can I start a home baking business from home. I would like to bake cookies, and cakes. What do I need to get started, can I sell bake goods made at home.
  • 136. Kristi Sala said on 11/7/2011 3:52:27 PM
    Hi, I'm doing research regarding starting a baking business in Folsom, CA. I would like to ship cookies in the US and deliver locally. I was also approached by a local coffee shop (opening next year) to carry my baked goods to sell to customers. I am finding conflicting reports about licensing and permits and whether or not you are required to use a commercial kitchen. I appreciate any help you can offer! Thank you!
  • 137. Tonya Keen said on 11/15/2011 4:00:15 PM
    I would like to start baking from my home to sell to public. Is it legal to do this is Florida and if not, what do I have to do to get licensed?
  • 138. dorothy foster said on 11/16/2011 7:45:32 PM
    Hi my name is dorothy, I have wanted to have my own little business, out of my home, I have been in the kitchen since i was 14 years old. Baking and cooking for other people, i am now 56 years of age, have wanted to do it but was never know how to get started, not always having the confidence,etc. But now i am at the point in my life where i either do it or forget about it. So what i would like to know how to get started and find out all the information i need to start. It has been along time coming and now i want to do it. I live in Bancroft, ONtario canada, K0L 1C0. would you please reply to my delima.
  • 139. Felece G. Steele said on 11/18/2011 11:45:32 PM
    I would like to run a bakery and use a food truck to go to Maryland and/or Washinton, D.C. I am from Germantown, MD.
  • 140. Emmy Cavin said on 11/23/2011 7:51:05 PM
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. I'd like to make candy at home and sell it online. Could someone help me please? What do I need to do as far as Oklahoma State Laws and Food Service Laws, etc. (if any) Thanks!
  • 141. wayne said on 11/25/2011 9:35:29 AM
    Daytona Beach FL. I recently started what they call a cottage business in FL. you can google Fl. cottage laws and find information there. You are not governed by health inspections or permits. The catch is your only allowed to make non-perishable items and can make up to 15K a year.
  • 142. Mona Tate said on 12/1/2011 11:23:32 PM
    I just started selling candy & bake goods out of my home. Please direct me in my options of getting licensed and any information I need. Thanks! Kokomo, Indiana
  • 143. Yadwinder singh said on 12/9/2011 1:28:31 PM
    I am taxi driver in australia and dairy farmer in india but now I want to start new business so can you please tell me where should I start from scratch .
  • 144. Lindsay R said on 12/28/2011 2:26:49 PM
    I'd like to start selling homemade chocolate candies in Brooklyn, NY. What kind of licensing do I need to obtain? Thanks!
  • 145. maggie said on 12/30/2011 5:11:11 PM
    I would like to start making macaroons and selling them to grocery stores. I already have a chain interested in my product. I live in chicago, and I was told that I need to bake in a commercial kitchen. What licenses do I need to get my business started. I already registered the business with the clerk and already found a kitchen I will be renting hourly. I also got a business insurance as required by the owners kitchen I will be working from. I am mostly interested in knowing about licenses. I made several phone calls and no one is able to answer my questions in detail. thanks a lot
  • 146. thelma p said on 1/4/2012 11:27:56 PM
    dear sir/madam, i would like to start my little business of baking out of home what kind of licenses do i need to get my business started thanks!
  • 147. Akolo victor olufemi said on 1/5/2012 8:44:00 AM
    Abuja Nigeria.I want to know the list of equipments necessary to start a cake business.
  • 148. wendy said on 1/16/2012 12:54:30 PM
    I have been making and selling baked goodies for friends and family out of my home. I live in Oklahoma. Do I need a permit, health certificate and a license doable to sale more and to others? And if so how do I go about to do so... Thank You
  • 149. Mina said on 1/19/2012 2:09:09 PM
    hi. I have my own business as a cake shop in my country at the moment. but my husband and me would immigrate to canada by one year. we want to know how we can start our business there ,in montreal. what are the legal steps and laws in this area? what do we do from the first step,in order to have legal license for this job? how are the taxes and costs? totally we want to know all the necessary legal level we should passed over to run our business? how much money is needed to start this business with a small cake shop in montreal(approximately)? thanks.
  • 150. Kim said on 1/22/2012 6:26:00 AM
    Hello Mina, it is good that you want to run a backer business in montreal, and you dont need any certificate , I Had this business for 12 years in canada but unfortunately doesnot work at all e is too many leaders bakery like king and nobody like unsafe product that you are preparing !so it is better to think about another profession and job, I am sure you will understand me what I am telling You. Any way Good luck in your next career. Kim
  • 151. Donna Nires said on 1/22/2012 11:58:57 AM
    I want to start a candy & cupcake business in San Diego which I now live in Woodland, California. Do I need to get my license and everything I need to get started in San Diego or does the license apply to wherever I go?
  • 152. cindy said on 1/23/2012 1:00:36 PM
    i want to set up a home bake business, what do i need, now i bake cookies to sell to friends and i would like to sell out to the store, how should i apply for home business license in new york city
  • 153. michelle said on 1/30/2012 2:59:05 PM
    I bake the best muffins .What do i need to start the business in my own apt? Do I need to apply for home business license in NYC to be able to sale to the stores and supper markets?
  • 154. Ashley said on 2/7/2012 1:25:27 PM
    I own a small cafe and sell other bakers products but have always enjoyed baking. I would really like to sell my own baked goods in my cafe. Where do I start. Do I have to get a baking license to sell baked goods I make at home?
  • 155. Bets said on 2/11/2012 2:05:23 PM
    Is it true that a new law passed in Chicago where you can legally bake in your home and sell the items to grocers, at farmers markets, etc?
  • 156. maseruka ismail said on 2/14/2012 6:52:10 AM
    Hi, i would like to start up a bakery for confectioneries, but i dont have any basic idea of making them
  • 157. savita said on 3/1/2012 11:51:56 AM
    I am working as an extension officer in rural area. i train self help group women in preparation of value added food products. Now i wish to promote the production in large quantity and link to market. Please guide me how to get the license, procedure and the fee structure.
  • 158. Talitha said on 3/7/2012 6:05:10 PM
    I'm in Atlanta, GA. I am looking for info on getting my own kitchen certified because everything I make is gluten/allergen free and I cannot rent a kitchen because of contamination. Can someone help me with information? The link above for Atlanta, GA is dead.
  • 159. dominica said on 3/15/2012 5:31:34 AM
    I want to start a home baking biz. just cake, all sorts of cake. I need clues on how to start up. I'm live in Abuja NigeriA
  • 160. Nicci said on 3/17/2012 10:43:05 PM
    I really want more than anything is to start off my cupcake business but heard u need permits and etc. WOW please someone help me with this or give me some ideas please info me at nicci724@verizon.net
  • 161. Nainan Rajan said on 3/21/2012 5:37:51 AM
    I want to start a bakery business. I need to know about the equipments & food materials required for making all kinds of bakery items. My place is India Bangalore city. Please help me with your advise. Thanks
  • 162. arun beginner adviser said on 3/24/2012 3:49:09 AM
    @savita - You can promote your business worldwide through online and also you can expand your business.. for more information contact us arunforyou19@gmail.com

arunforyou19@gmail.com | Tour Business Consultant

• 163. Barb redman said on 4/2/2012 10:32:13 AM
    I need to know if i need a license to start a summer baking business at local events in mentor ohio, usa.
  • 164. Brenda said on 5/13/2012 9:50:49 PM
    Owen County Indina I live 3 3/4mi from the city limits. LIke to know if I set up a food stand w/o a food permit or any type of permit of any kind?
  • 165. Titilola said on 5/18/2012 10:18:47 AM
    Am a nigerian, and student of hospitality management, i want to know all the necessary equipment to establish a big baking industry.
  • 166. Kara Jones said on 6/24/2012 2:49:47 PM
    I want to start a baking business and do it from my own home, I have never done this before, I dont have any licenses or anything just a food handlers permit. What all do I need to do to start a small business baking cupcakes, cakes, etc... I live in Pryor, Oklahoma 74361. I need all the help that I can get, thank you.
  • 167. liza balanay said on 7/9/2012 6:45:17 AM
    can you give me an idea to what i would give a name to my business at home? My main target is cookies and muffins.
  • 168. joseph pierre said on 7/26/2012 5:27:39 PM
    I am interested in opening a Boulangerie (French bread baking) in the city of Hinche, Haiti. Besides bread, I would also like to make pastry, muffins and occasionally wedding cakes.
  • 169. Mrs joshi said on 8/7/2012 6:50:29 AM
    I want to start my own bakery shop. I have learned baking cakes n cookies. but before starting my own business i need lots of practice. I live in ahmedabad gujarat-india. I want to assist somebody for a year and then start.Pl help
  • 170. Lizzy Barnes said on 8/31/2012 1:05:18 AM
    I would like to know if even one of you has successfully started your business yet. The aticle doesn't even use proper grammar and I find the over-simplistic suggestions insulting, not helpfull; nothing was offered that isn't plain logic.

In California, you cannot legally have a home baking business as it is against the health codes; anyone in any state should start by checking with their state or county health codes and small business bureau. And to those who haven't had any culinary training, unless you have an exceptional gift for pastries, it requires more than the compliments of family and friends to know you have what it takes to succeed.
  • 171. Angie said on 9/22/2012 11:15:19 PM
    @Lizzy Barnes, I was thinking the same thing. I am looking to see if anyone has started a real business from reading the articles on this site. Please feel free to email me luvme1016@yahoo.com
  • 172. Anitha said on 9/26/2012 8:43:17 AM
    I wish to start a baking business and a home stay at my house in KODUNGALLUR, THRISSUR DIST., KERALA STATE, INDIA Can anybody please guide me
  • 173. Amera Rafique said on 10/22/2012 1:40:02 AM
    Approx how much money will be needed to start a bakery either in Banglore/Mumbai? Shop cost being separate, what are the other likely expense to be incurred in starting the business?
  • 174. Vanessa said on 11/27/2012 4:53:33 PM
    I want to start baking business and do it from my own home, I have never done this before, I don't have licenses or a permit do I need both of them or not? i do need to know about the equipments & food materials required for making all kinds of bakery items. I do bake a lot of different kinds of things like Cakes, cupcakes, Cheesecakes, Cookies, Candies, and all kinds of pastries desserts, My Place is in cheyenne Laramie WY, I hope someone would let me know soon please and thank you
  • 175. Mary said on 12/21/2012 11:05:54 PM
    I'd like to start a baking business and do it in my house I am a very good cook, I cook Middle Eastern food. my address is Orlando fl and my phone 325-320-4338.
  • 176. sunita said on 1/4/2013 5:45:03 AM
    Right now i dont have place for business but i want to start my own bakery business in low cost. for that please help me please tell me for that how much investment i need and also tell me for baking i need to learn all type of baking food. please give me all type off information. Thank you.....
  • 177. Bumba Robert said on 1/23/2013 11:43:38 PM
    I am in Uganda eastern region and I would be a life achiever if I can be supported to start a Home bakery for there is high demand for the products and it really requires relatively less capital. Thank you for any response because any thing counts down +256-782922447, email sam.bumba@yahoo.com
  • 178. chef saranjit singh sehgal beginner adviser said on 1/26/2013 2:49:34 PM

@Bumba Robert, I have gone through your profile and understand that home baking business will definitely go very well but you are fresher and needs a consultancy/advice to set up the business. Well i will definitely assist you as I am a business consultant for startbizhub.com with long experience as chef in the hospitality industry. please write me in details about your place/location, space you have, how much you want to invest along with the photograph of the place where you want to start a bakery.In case you  want to hire my services as chef for setting of bakery then too please write me in details only you have to arrange, visa, work permit and air ticket for me which you can deduct from my salary.So its on you which way you want to go.Do write me then only i will be able to help in a right way. Chef Saranjit Singh Sehgal,NEW DELHI(India)

sunnysehgal428@gmail.com || 09717846535 || Restaurant Business Consultant

• 179. chef saranjit singh sehgal beginner adviser said on 1/26/2013 2:56:59 PM

@sunita, please write me in details about your place/location, space you have,how much you want to invest along with the photograph of the place where you want to start a bakery then only i will be able to help in a right way. Training to be given to you, type of equipments required etc.

sunnysehgal428@gmail.com || 09717846535 || Restaurant Business Consultant

• 180. chef saranjit singh sehgal beginner adviser said on 1/28/2013 3:44:11 PM

@Mary, I have gone through your profile and understand that you want to start a baking business at your home and also you are a good cook. Well If you are a good cook then it not difficult for you to set up baking business at your place and you will be successful. Regarding Licenses required for setting up of food business at home I have no idea as I never had been to United States.You have to get in touch with the Concerned Authorities. If you further need  any assistance please call me It will be my pleasure to give you free consultancy.

sunnysehgal428@gmail.com || 09717846535 || Restaurant Business Consultant

• 181. Pho said on 1/29/2013 6:34:16 AM
    Hellow there ! to everyone reading am from Johannesburg, South Africa. I have always been busy in the kitchen either cooking or baking. I have recently completed through a government sponsorship a course and graduated as a Junior Chef. I want to however also start a baking business but wont be able to afford the fees to attend training. I want to concentrate on cakes, biscuits, scones, muffins and doughnuts. My plea to everyone reading is a request for old unused baking books at this stage I would request elementary or intermediate no advanced banking as I feel I still have a long way to learn/practice/go but am really prepared to learn. Kind regards reply email : siphokazim28@gmail.com, contact : 027 083 530 0162
  • 182. Shaheen said on 2/6/2013 12:34:48 PM
    Hi want to start making & selling cakes from home in uk. What kind of license etc would I have to obtain if any.
  • 183. kelly said on 3/1/2013 4:47:59 PM
    I would love to start a home based baking or candy shop out of my home. can you please send me step by step on how to go about doing that? thank you!
  • 184. Helena Green said on 3/6/2013 3:31:22 PM
    My business is "Helena's Homemade", I am located in Hempstead, NY (USA). I have started my business from home. We primarily sell cookies, although I also make mini pies, cakes, cupcakes, brownies, etc. Before I started my business I was a media buyer. I have decided that I want to get corporate clients. My concern is manufacturing and distribution. I have investigated commercial kitchens and delivery services, all of which are very expensive. Do you have any ideas for me?
  • 185. Ramanathan said on 4/10/2013 6:53:51 AM
    i need to start a homebased bakery i need to know the formalities and availability
  • 186. pratibha said on 4/26/2013 12:34:03 PM
    Hi, I'm from india, i want to start my own baking business from home. wanted to know how do i start and i'm very much interested in making cakes. but i dont know how to start. as i'm not perfect in it. please suggest me. pratibha.motagi@gmail.com
  • 187. Tee Jenkins said on 5/23/2013 2:55:08 AM
    Silver Spring, Maryland, My 16 year old daughter has been baking cookies from home. What are the requirements for her to run a micro business from home. Is a commercial kitchen rental necessary or do we have to get our kitchen zoned for commercial use.
  • 188. Diya Elizabeth said on 6/26/2013 11:38:54 PM
    Hi, I am Diya. I love baking and I would like to take up home baking business. What are the requirements and possibilities? Please advise on this.
  • 189. SARANJIT SINGH SEHGAL said on 7/1/2013 5:48:53 PM
    HI @DIYA, I THANK YOU FROM THE CORE OF MY HEART FOR WRITING ME FOR AN ADVICE.FIRST OF ALL I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE DELAY IN REPLYING WHICH IS DUE TO THE VERY BUSY SCHEDULE. THANX FOR YR INTEREST IN BAKING. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IT IS VERY EASY TO START HOME BAKING BUSINESS AND ALSO YOU DONT NEED ANY LICENSES IF YOU ARE IN INDIA,IF IN EUROPE/AMERICAN COUNTRIES YOU NEED TO TAKE NECESSARY LICENSES AND PERMISSION FROM THE CONCERNED DEPARTMENT.YOU CAN HAVE GOOD PROFITABILITY IF YOU ARE RESIDING IN SUCH A PLACE WHERE MARKETS ARE QUITE FAR AWAY OR IF YOU ARE LIVING IN THE MAIN MARKET. THIS BUSINESS DEPENDS ON LOCATION AND HAS GOOD SCOPE. FIRST WRITE ME IN DETAILS ABOUT YOUR LOCATION AND COUNTRY YOU ARE LIVING at what level you want to start.BETTER TRY TO WRITE ME DIRECTLY AT MY E.MAIL ADDRESS/call me. 09717846535 Chef Sunny Sehgal, New Delhi, india. e.mail. sunnysehgal428@gmail.com
  • 190. Robert Ruiz said on 7/2/2013 6:46:24 AM
    I live in Cleveland Ohio and would like too know what are the steps I need to take to start selling spring rolls. I have over 20 year in making spring rolls..
  • 191. chef saranjit singh sehgal beginner adviser said on 7/12/2013 9:33:43 AM
    Mr.@Robert Ruiz, Thanks for sending your question. I apologies for the delay in replying to your mail as I had a very busy schedule these days.first of all please write me in details about your business.I have not understood yr question.Sir, you wrote that from 20 yrs you are making spring rolls but where were you selling yr products or you were working in some company/hotel and working as a chef doing preparations for the hotel.Any way what ever it may be well if you want to sell Spring Rolls first you must try to sell Chinese Momos which is a latest trend in snacks food where as In India and other Asian Countries every person likes to eat Momos with red chilli sauce and green chilli sauce for which you need only chinese steamer vessal and small cooking range along with the momos you can sell spring roll but it should not be in chinese style but slight Indian Style eg. pan cakes should be bit thick and not thin when fried it should be very crispy.Serve with green chilli sauce home made by grinding the fresh red chillies or green chillies adding little vinegar,pinch salt,little ginger powder plus adding freshly boiled and ground spinach in very small quantity plus small qty of jagrey/ grain sugar make a paste give the sauce with spring rolls/momos and can sell on the road side path of streets/markets whre you find maximum girls/womens/childrens shopping in the market/schools/college these are the right places if you want to sell in the shop you have to put more efforts you have to display big banners showing we sell hot chinese momos and spring rolls/you can also sell indian and chinese fritters for which i will give you the recipe in th next mail.First try this formula which i told you. regards MASTER CHEF SUNNY SEHGAL,NEW DELHI, INDIA. e.mail. sunnysehgal428@gmail.com you can write me directly also.

sunnysehgal428@gmail.com || 09717846535 || Restaurant Business Consultant

• 192. Elaine said on 7/27/2013 10:06:56 AM
    Hi there, I'm planning to start an online pastry selling business in Malaysia. I would like to know do I have to get a license for my business? Will appreciate for your reply and suggestion.
  • 193. Suparna said on 8/8/2013 8:33:21 AM
    Hi, I am Suparna, a housewife, from east Bangalore. I want to sell Bengali sweets, traditional home made Bengali foods for lunch pack, etc. But I don't know how to start. Kindly advise.
  • 194. Lisa M. Moton said on 8/15/2013 1:19:27 PM
    I am wanting to bake goodies at home for sale. How do I get started? I will only sell one or two different items. I live in Orlando, FL(USA)
  • 195. nonhlanhla makhaza said on 8/16/2013 3:58:56 AM
    I am from heideleberg, I want to start a baking business at home.
  • 196. rita said on 8/17/2013 5:02:04 PM
    new jersey, Hi! What steps do I need and what is the necessary information about starting a part time baking business from home and the license information. USA
  • 197. Sandra Edgecombe said on 8/19/2013 11:05:14 AM
    i leave in ny queenns village zip code 11428 want to start a pie business want to know how much i need to start small but enough to make a profit I don't have money to rent a place please let me know who I have to contact .1-516-489-0957 God bless thanks.
  • 198. Michelle said on 8/28/2013 3:16:10 PM
    my name is Michelle. I am looking to start a business from my home. I live in southern New Jersey, in Camden county, USA. I would like to make cakes/cupcakes, cookies, and brownies. Although I have an Associates Degree in Baking Pastry, I don't know where to start to get my business off the ground. What are the steps I need to take and what licenses will I need for my area? Is it better to have a website business than sell from home or at fairs? What are the pro and con's of the two? With this business, I would be able to do what I love and earn an income from home as well. You can e-mail me at mlfelder24@yahoo.com and/or call me at 856-405-9158. Thank you and eagerly awaiting, Michelle.
  • 199. prathun said on 10/5/2013 12:40:55 PM
    hi, my name is prathun, from Kerala, India, wish to start a bakery business. I'm new to this field and doing marketing job for the past four years. I want a good understanding about the pastry and needed a good pastry chef indeed. I'm not have an idea about the methods and machines that help me to do it better. All I got is, am good at cooking, and this industry will certainly keep me alive all the way. please help me to club all these in a better way. Regards, Prathun 9539009259
  • 200. Julia Casey said on 10/7/2013 8:43:38 AM
    Greensboro, NC (Guilford County) I am wanting to start a home based bakery for cakes, cookies, cupcakes-etc. I don't even know where to begin. Can you help me?