Polyculture Fish Farming
Increased trend of considering fish farming as an earning means has already started attracting hundreds of thousands of people to choose polyculture fish farming as preferred entrepreneurship options. People use farming lands to initiate such lucrative fish farming business.
This choice makes good sense as it hardly involves extra investment. Expenses are like the traditional farming. It though has enough risk so all related factors should be taken into consideration.
Trend of Polyculture fish farming has grown manifold due to large profit margins. This process is simple in which two or more species are kept in a single pond and are raised. A word of caution is that species chosen to make a polyculture operation successful must remain genuine selection. Such species mustn’t be competing as far as the food intake is concerned and most importantly they have to adore ecological habits of each other. Special care is also needed to avoid any type of oversight and to ensure that unusual weather doesn’t ruin farming. The preparation should be done accordingly.
Profitable Farming Option: It is undeniable fact that this unique fish farming option reduces risk of losses so the profit levels are always high. It is the one reason that large scale of farmers considers polyculture fish farming and enjoys maximum level of profits. It is an easy option to raise various breeds without taking unnecessary burdens. Fishes catfish and tilapia are usually raised through this. Such fishes can adjust anywhere and in a pond so is it easy to feed them hence they don’t require too much maintenance. One more factor is that such fishes usually eat similar kind of food so no additional efforts are needed while raising them. Some key attributes of this type of fish farming is as follows:-
- All types of fishes selected under this farming program eat whatever they are served
- Plenty of food falling down to bottom of the pond don’t get wasted as these species use them
- Select two or more species with matching ecological habits and grow them fast
- Take special care while selecting fish species to ensure they grow equally
- Make the selection after thorough research on the climatic condition of area
- Keep researching on the food types and if they can turn a profit making option
- Do ensure that the food handling and distribution is appropriate
- Volume of water in operation and maintenance are equally important
Worth Noticeable Farming: Associating different fish species with complementary diets in planned manner makes it possible for polyculture fish farming to attain success. Prudent use of biomass produced by the pond and few other elements that help various fish species to grow in equal proportion is necessary. Make sure there is balanced natural ecosystem if farming fishes under this category. Take care of fertilization and other factors such as population control.