Organic Farming vs Factory Farming
Organic and factory farming are two various types of farming. Both of these types of farming have its advantages and disadvantages.
Organic farming is the one that produces products that are natural and does not use artificial fertilizers and chemicals, while factory farming uses chemicals that can help to grow agricultural and livestock products.
What is Organic Farming?
Organic farming is a method that is used in farming without using synthetics and chemicals. One of the main goals of this farming is to produce crops and livestock without using synthetics or chemicals. Biological pest, natural fertilizers, green manure and crop rotation are the types of methods used in this type. Organic farming is considered as proactive ecology management strategy and this strategy enhances the soil, avoids soil erosion and protects the animal and human kingdom from the side effects of synthetics and chemicals. Most typical farm products such as eggs, milk, meat, herbs, fruit and vegetables are cultivated through organic farmers.
Pros and Cons of Organic Farming
- It helps to sustain the soil’s life so that the next and future generation can be able to enjoy the benefit too. The water pollution is also reduced by this method of farming. This is because the chemicals from the fields may come down to the rivers or streams causing pollution to the water.
- Organic farming is very beneficial for maintaining rich soil. This is because rich soil is acquired through rotating crops leading for a great growth of the plant. The products that are produced by organic farming are more tasty and healthy to the body.
- Even though, organic farming does have a lot of benefits or advantages, organic farming has its disadvantages too. One of its disadvantages is its being low in productivity. Since it is all natural, you need to wait for several days before you can harvest the product, which is on other way if you use factory farming method. Most of the organic farming products are expensive from foods, livestock to clothing materials.
Pros and Cons of Factory Farming
- Factory farming is a method of farming that use synthetic fertilizers and chemicals to cultivate plants and livestock. One of the main advantages of factory farming is you can actually produce a great amount of products in just a short span of time, unlike organic farming, you still need to wait. This method of farming is much cheaper for most farmers, since they don’t need to spend their time when looking at their farm. This is ideal for farmers who want to produce more products for them to earn profit.
- Animal cruelty is one of the main issues of factory farming, meaning, the livestock in this type of farming is not getting the care they need. The use of chemicals and other products are usually involved to increase the production.