How to Become Passport Agent

Being a passport agent is never easy. But still, this is one profession that is highly in demand due to a lot of reasons.

If you want to be one, there are things that you have to know about how to become passport agent.

As a passport agent, there are several things that are expected from you. Like any other profession, there are also some responsibilities that come with it. This is not a job where you will simply sit and expect everything to fall into place and at the end of the day, you will earn the income that you want. But if you want to try this kind of job, there are some things that you might want to learn about how to become passport agent.

What are the Things You Might Need

Being a passport agent in the United States is one business that you can simply take for granted. In fact, the fact that you are handling documents like these will make you involved in national security, according to State Department. This is the primary reason why even if the work seems so simple, the process of being a passport agent calls for an in depth evaluation. If you want to become one, here are some of the things that you might actually care to secure first before you venture into this profession.

• Proof that you are a US citizen
  • Photo identification that is issued by the state
  • Registration

Filling Up the Forms

The first thing that you have to do will be to get an employment with a non-federal passport facility that is authorized. Usually, these are agencies of the local as well as state government like the city hall in a locality. After this, you must fill up all the forms of signature as well as identification as mandated by the Department of State. This information bulk will then be shared with the department of customer service of US Passport Agency.

Proceed with the Training

The training for becoming a passport agent is usually computer based. All you have to do is to complete this interactive training wherein you will learn all the things that are directly associated to becoming a passport agent such as the procedures as well as policies in accepting a passport application.

Wait for the Results

When you are done with the training, the next thing that you have to do will be to apply the things that you have learned from these trainings. You must undergo some tests which will measure if you are already prepared to be a passport agent. Usually, these tests are also being given online and more often than not, they are expected to be completed after you are done with going through the modules. One you are taking the test, make sure that you will relax for you to answer all questions properly.

• 1. BABU LAL SAINI said on 2/11/2012 6:19:48 AM
    I am a retired banker and wish to enter in the field of Passport Agent at Jaipur city.I request you to kindly guide me in this regard. BABULAL SAINI
  • 2. Maun Yang said on 6/10/2012 9:47:02 PM
    I like to get start US passport agent at San Francisco CA. could you please provide where i have to get start
  • 3. sitangshu halder said on 9/4/2012 4:06:50 AM
    i am ex-officer of a nationalised bank. i want to became an passport agent at the area of MUMBAI & THANE please inform me the procedure
  • 4. DELMY PEREZ said on 10/30/2012 5:27:39 PM
    I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION TO GETTING A PASSPORT AGENCY OPEN
  • 5. NOELVIS said on 1/19/2013 8:10:14 AM
    I WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO BECOME A US PASSPORT AGENCY IN MIAMI, FL.
  • 6. Karen Davis said on 2/2/2013 6:06:55 PM
    Cellular Phones and Internet Service Retailer. Looking to start an agency in the area. Please contact me via email with any advise. Thanks, Karen
  • 7. Dayna Pillinger said on 2/18/2013 2:01:18 PM
    Kindly send me contact information/Passport Agent Training-or the 1-2-3 etc. steps to becoming a USA Passport Agent in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Also with helpful advice. Many Thanks. DP
  • 8. John E Jones said on 5/8/2013 11:03:56 AM
    I am a retired senior military person seeking more information about the passport agent training. I am located in Palm Beach Florida area. Thanks john
  • 9. Augustus said on 8/10/2013 10:58:44 PM
    Would like more information about becoming a passport agent in New York
  • 10. Diana Peters said on 8/25/2013 4:20:53 PM
    I am an entrepreneur working out of home. I am interested in opening a passport agency in Texas. Please send some information on the process.
  • 11. sudhir chandra das said on 8/28/2013 9:52:41 AM
    I am a village level entrepreneur(V.L.E)OF COMMON SERVICE CENTRE, in our village. so, I am very interested in opening passport agency. Please, send me some information on the process. TEKATULI, MAYNAGURI, JALPAIGURI, 735224, WESTBENGAL, 09749894342(+91) REPUBLIC OF INDIA
  • 12. Renett Dudley said on 10/14/2013 11:47:52 PM
    I'm a tax preparer, accountant. I have applied to become a itin agent with IRS. I'm interested in becoming an passport agent. I would like to get some information on what I need to do. Thank you.
  • 13. Pradip Chandra Das said on 11/19/2013 8:40:53 PM
    i am ex-officer of a Paramilitary force. I want to became an passport agent at the area of Guwahati (Assam) of India. please inform me the procedure.
  • 14. Marj Liv said on 11/30/2013 11:49:29 PM
    I am a small business consultant, I would like to receive more information about because a Passport Agency. Do I have to take an online course?
  • 15. William & Lissette Vain said on 1/22/2014 11:44:52 AM
    Our business is in Glen Burnie MD and we process finger prints for the State of Maryland and FBI and we would like to become passport agents for the state of Maryland. Please send me all the information to start the process. You can contact me at 240.552.1035 or my husband Det. William Vain 301.442.5188. Thank you.
  • 16. Basheem Bey said on 6/21/2014 11:48:53 PM
    i am interested in becoming a passport agent please send me information.
  • 17. Monica Robinson said on 6/30/2014 3:45:13 PM
    Hello I'm currently working for the Department of State and would like to know what courses do I need to complete to become a passport agent from home. I live in Fort Washington Maryland. Please send me Information regarding this matter. Thank you and have a great day
  • 18. ankush Ramchandra Ukirde said on 7/3/2014 7:10:15 AM
    i am lic agent i am interested in becoming a passport agent please send me information
  • 19. ranjith kumar said on 7/11/2014 1:57:20 AM
    am an mba student wanna become entrepreneur so please give some advice to start passport agency in tamilnadu.
  • 20. praveen said on 7/30/2014 8:46:45 AM
    am an student. please give some advice and information to start passport agency in tamilnadu.
  • 21. GARY WILCHER said on 8/3/2014 9:05:22 PM
    HENDERSON, NEVADA UNITED STATES. I WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO BECOME A PASSPORT BROKER. I UNDERSTAND IT CAN BE QUITE PROFITABLE.
  • 22. Martha Carrasco said on 8/14/2014 10:48:56 AM
    I have a business in Methuen MA and would like to provide a passport agent please send me information. Thank you
  • 23. Martha Carrasco said on 8/14/2014 5:22:50 PM
    how can i become a passport agent? Methuen MA 01844
  • 24. GARY WILCHER said on 8/24/2014 9:38:53 PM
    Please help me to become a passport agent in Henderson, Nevada. United States
  • 25. abdul ahad said on 9/3/2014 12:36:06 PM
    i am tax counsel and wish to enter in the field of passport agent at varansi city. i request you to kindly guide me in this regard. ABDUL AHAD
  • 26. ranjeetkumar jegar said on 9/25/2014 4:21:34 AM
    Gulbarga is my location in karnataka. I want to become a agent please give me informations. My experience is sales executive in hero show room for 2years and spandana micro financial ltd for 3years. Kindly inform me. Thanking you.
  • 27. anisul hasan said on 10/27/2014 11:32:50 AM
    i am engineer and want to become agent please guide me
  • 28. DILIP KUMAR ROY said on 11/21/2014 12:03:41 PM
    I am AMFI authrised mutual fund advisior and also want to enter the field of passport agent at bankura. wb .india. so i hope that you will advice me about passport agent Dilip Kumar Roy
  • 29. farida said on 12/10/2014 6:17:44 AM
    i am travel agent in south mumbai. now i want to expand my business by adding passport service to my client. so do let me know how do i get register. thanks & regards farida
  • 30. Thang Hatlang said on 12/10/2014 6:48:10 PM
    how to apply passport agency, my location.churachandpur, manipur pin 795128
  • 31. ATIUR RAHAMAN said on 12/31/2014 8:20:58 AM
    Dear Sir/Madam, I have a Cyber cafe....There I open PAN card Agency... So Please tell me How to become a PAN card Agent. Thanking You, Yours faithfully, Atiur Rahaman, 9474025173, WEST BENGAL
  • 32. MONI BORO said on 1/10/2015 2:52:56 AM
    Dear Sir/madam. I have a travel agent at diphu karbianglong Assam .i am in good position in our KAAC Department, i am interested to be a passport agent in our district so i would like to know the process and terms. From our district so many client are to apply passport but they dont have time to apply so if i get this opportunity to be passport agent then all the client will be helpful and get more develop in our district.
  • 33. Jassie liu said on 1/27/2015 12:04:58 PM
    I like to be a us passport agent at San Francisco ca. Could you please provide me more information And how to get start. Thanks
  • 34. A.VIMAL said on 4/18/2015 6:38:27 AM
    HOW I START PASSPORT AGENCY THIRUVALLUR, TAMILNADU,INDIA
  • 35. Anh Pham said on 4/27/2015 6:50:43 PM
    25155 Sunnymead Boulevard, Moreno Valley, CA 92553
  • 36. chalamalasetti anil kumar said on 5/14/2015 12:32:32 PM
    hai sir i am anil kumar chalamalasetti i am interested about passport agency in my location hanuman junction west godavari district ap 521105. plz give am an opportunity sir i will give u a better service to u and my customer
  • 37. aqeel ahmed ansari said on 6/2/2015 8:55:00 AM
    shop no 1 ansari complex ring road kalaburagi karnataka india
  • 38. Becky Kosht said on 6/3/2015 5:40:56 PM
    I want to start working for passport how do I go about doing this.
  • 39. Peter deGregory said on 6/18/2015 11:58:31 AM
    I WOULD LIKE TO START A PASSPORT AGENCY IN CITY( WEST PALM BEACH) COUNTY( PALM BEACH) STATE( FLORIDA). I NEED SOME INFORMATION ON WHERE TO START. CLASSES, TEST AND DOCUMENTS THAT'S NEEDED FOR ME TO START THIS PROFESSION. I REALLY WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP WITH THIS MATTER. THANKS
  • 40. David L. Covington said on 7/6/2015 7:07:54 PM
    I am located in Monroe, N. C. 28112. There is no agency in this area and I would like to take classes to operate in this area. Thanks David L. Covington
  • 41. Gavriel said on 7/8/2015 11:24:49 AM
    Hi I am interested in opening up a rush passport service office in brooklyn. where would i get more info
  • 42. D. Bryant said on 7/19/2015 2:36:43 PM
    I am a senior claims processor in Maryland and would like to become a passport agent. Please send me any information on how to get started. Thank you so much
  • 43. MD MOEEN UDDIN said on 10/6/2015 8:37:06 AM
    I Want To Pass Port Business
  • 44. gaurav bhingare said on 11/19/2015 10:58:29 PM
    I want to start business. I would like to become a passport agent in india. normal services for getting passport related work is going up these days.
  • 45. loise anderson said on 12/30/2015 1:06:54 PM
    How can i get my license to become a passport agent. And what courses i need to take.Dallas texas
  • 46. Senait Isa said on 12/31/2015 1:48:40 PM
    Can you please direct me where I can go and apply in order to become a passport accept agent in Dallas, TX. Thank you in advance.
  • 47. Ravi Shankar M said on 1/15/2016 1:45:05 AM
    Good Morning Sir,We would like to start Overseas Education Services from Hyderabad location. Please provide the valuable starting guidance and approach towards Universities and marketing methods of student and Service Excellence.Thanks & Regards Ravi Shankar M,MBA.
  • 48. FRANK DEGOURVILLE said on 1/22/2016 7:20:37 PM
    I would like to become an acceptance agent at my store for passport. I am located at 5117 S. figueroa street in los angeles 90037. Our customers are always inquiring about passports.
  • 49. Clementeen Epling said on 2/14/2016 2:03:14 PM
    Interested in becoming a passport acceptance agent. What course of training needed.
  • 50. Anna Martinez said on 3/4/2016 4:04:42 PM
    I'm a tax preparer, accountant. I have applied to become a itin agent with IRS in the past. I'm interested in becoming an passport agent. I would like to get some information on what I need to do. Thank you.
  • 51. SAKTHI KUMAR.K said on 3/21/2016 2:39:49 PM
    I want job in passport agent in a Coimbatore city
  • 52. Jitendra Bhalla said on 3/26/2016 9:14:13 PM
    I want to contact a authorities passport agent please guide me.
  • 53. Sheila Walker said on 4/10/2016 2:16:43 PM
    I am interested in starting a passport agency in Atlanta Ga. Can you please send me some information on how to get training and started.Thank you.
  • 54. Stacy said on 4/11/2016 11:34:49 AM
    Hello, My name is Stacy. How can I get additional information regarding the training and where to go for the training. I am located in Maryland. Thank you
  • 55. Carolyn D. Hinton said on 5/24/2016 10:35:21 AM
    I am a previous Passport Agent, and was while working with the U.S. Government as a Civil Service employee, in 2000-2003, which was then transferred over to Contractions at one of the Military bases in Georgia. I am interested in starting my own business as a Certified Passport Agent, what steps does this involve? Thank you so much.
  • 56. dmartin said on 6/16/2016 3:37:10 PM
    is there a back ground check for being a passport agent
  • 57. Eligio said on 6/24/2016 8:50:43 PM
    How do I start a passport agency in Houston Texas?
  • 58. Nityanand P Konar said on 6/30/2016 6:47:46 AM
    HOW I START PASSPORT AGENCY in mumbai pls help me....
  • 59. Rosa Bautista-Arias said on 6/30/2016 3:03:14 PM
    I'm a tax preparer, accountant, notary public and immigration consultant. I am a itin agent with IRS. I'm interested in becoming an passport agent. I would like to get some information on what I need to do. Thank you. -
  • 60. ROHAN GEDAM said on 7/4/2016 1:53:02 PM
    i am an authorized corporate travel agent of irctc and others companies. so, i also want to be an authorized passport agent in madhya pradesh location.
  • 61. Rosa Bautista said on 7/21/2016 12:45:40 PM
    How do I try to start a passport agency
  • 62. anil singh said on 7/31/2016 5:28:12 AM
    i want to become a passport and pan card agent what i do
  • 63. santosh said on 9/8/2016 5:10:15 AM
    plz i want to a passport, pan card, aadhar card, tds tax, agent what can i do sir plz plz inform me
  • 64. ketan gaurav said on 10/28/2016 6:38:46 AM
    I want to START PASSPORT and pancard AGENCY in Jharkhand. please help me sir what can i do please help me
  • 65. Ana P. McFadden said on 11/13/2016 12:59:13 PM
    Hello I own I Tax Preparation Service. I would like to expand my business. I want to be an authorized passport agent here in the State of Texas. Thank you
  • 66. priyadarshan said on 11/14/2016 6:50:54 AM
    I want to START PASSPORT AGENT IN ODISHA. please help me sir
  • 67. Alfred said on 2/22/2017 5:02:17 AM
    I want to become a PASSPORT AGENT IN MY COUNTRY and i kindly need hell to how to start and to go about. Please help me Mr.