How to Buy Wholesale Clothing

Clothes are one of the essential needs of man. These are the things that keep them warm during cool weather and protect them from the biting heat of the sun. This is the very reason why the clothing business is definitely one of the most lucrative ventures these days. Wholesale buying of clothes is one of the easiest ways to earn an extra income.

If you are interested, you must know how to buy wholesale clothing.

buy wholesale clothing

Many business-minded individuals will surely agree that buying wholesale clothing can be a good way to earn some profit to allow you to make some living. But, just like any kind of ventures in the business world, there is much more to running this kind of business than simply buying for low and selling a little bit high. There are some things that you must be aware of before you sell wholesale clothes.

Starting Your Business

Before you buy any clothing items, you must first have your tax identification number. You can visit the IRS website to apply for an ID. This ID will help you open your own account in a bank using the name of your business and it will also be a easy way for you to have your business and personal income as two separate entities when the time for taxpaying comes. Also, majority of the wholesale vendors of clothes will ask for your tax number whenever you buy for them to steer clear of illegitimate transactions.

Obtaining Your License

Most of the buyers and sellers of wholesale clothing sell these items in a number venues and not solely online. You can surely buy wholesale clothing from festivals, flea markets, local stores and even fairs, yet you will still be asked to present a license. You can apply for the official website of your state or you will be offered an application form that is downloadable.

Buying and Selling Wholesale Clothing

When you have already settled the paperwork for your business, this is now the perfect time to shop for the wholesale clothing that you will sell. Picking the correct products will mean business success so make sure that the products that you will sell are of interest to you. For instance, if you are into sports, you might want to sell sports clothing. Since you yourself love the products, there will be genuine enthusiasm to sell them and you will be positively driven to do so.

Drop Shipping

After you have brought wholesale clothing, you can make some profit if you sell them through drop shipping. This is a technique where you are expected to advertise so that you can have your products sold. Most people know achieve success here through the help of eBay while some have their very own websites. The seller will close the sale and have the distributor notified to have the item shipped to the address of the customer. The item will be shipped by the distributor to the customer with the use of the actual address of the seller. This is a system that helps sellers to endorse many kinds of merchandise goods without the need to have a warehouse.

• 1. venkat ramanan iyer said on 11/13/2011 12:14:32 PM
    hi, i am interested to have marketing people for my designer kurtis, dress materials garments business to take orders from Delhi, Punjab, Ludhiana, Chandigarh and other parts of Northern India..mail me if anybody interested at virgo.venkat1213@gmail.com....
  • 2. Sajjad said on 7/27/2012 3:12:23 PM
    Hi, I want to start a small scale cloth trading business in Mumbai & surrounding areas. I would seek your assistance to find a perfect market/location to buy product to sell my prospective customers/ shopkeepers. Your support will be highly appreciated
  • 3. Luis Biancalana said on 8/27/2012 7:00:59 PM
    Need sources of wholesale clothing (all kinds: women, mens, children's, jeans, etc) in the USA. I'm located in Miami, FL, USA Can you help me with that? many thanks in advance, Luis
  • 4. sanjoy dey said on 9/21/2012 5:37:07 AM
    My business area is in central kolkata, give me some home business idea with Rs 50000/-, describe its total details in mail.
  • 5. Mthetheleli said on 12/5/2012 6:12:58 AM
    My business is a startup clothing selling cancellations, overstock and overuns shelf pulls etc and I am interested in buying both from international and South African liquidators or chain stores clearing their stock. My business is in South Africa currently operating from home in Cape Town. Regards, Mthetheleli Zono
  • 6. sunil kumar said on 12/6/2012 2:33:06 AM
    bulandshahr, up, india. please give me idea to open bushiness in that area around 25 lac rupees.
  • 7. Priyadarshini said on 4/27/2013 6:26:31 AM
    what should be the initiatives and plans to launch a sustainable and successful clothing line with own designing and manufacturing at ranchi, jharkhand with the capital of rs. 10 lacs.
  • 8. Tahir Hamid said on 9/2/2013 10:58:54 PM
    I am based in Houston, Texas USA. I have been sourcing and exporting all types of clothing from USA all over the world. If anyone is seriously thinking of importing from USA then please contact me at my email sgnllc@yahoo.com. Thank you
  • 9. zain mushtaq said on 12/9/2013 6:10:00 AM
    hello, i am in lahore i am export dress pants all over world my contact zain_mushtaq66@yahoo.com
  • 10. Sudhir said on 2/4/2014 1:36:56 PM
    I would like to start business of ready made garments via wholesaling by own company. What would be most minimum capital is required for that in Ranchi. Kindly mail me along with precautionary measures which I should take.
  • 11. Sudhir said on 2/4/2014 1:41:12 PM
    RANCHI, JHARKHAND. Ranchi and their neighboring District which is situated in Jharkhand.
  • 12. Clothing Business said on 2/17/2014 6:07:01 PM
    If anyone need Graphic designed Hoodies, Tshirts, Shorts, Caps or any other type of clothing. Drop me an email: kadzmarketing@gmail.com.We can supply you with wholesale quantities
  • 13. Nazifa said on 5/1/2014 8:02:30 AM
    Hi, I would like to do business on women clothing could u plz help me in where to buy the materials and what should be the minimum and maximum budget. Can u reply me as soon as possible.
  • 14. maria said on 5/13/2014 3:33:34 AM
    hi, I sell a mix parcel about 4500 pieces mix clothing BERSHKA brand(same group of ZARA)South Africa, Johannesburg. contact me WhatsApp+27710800000
  • 15. Ronnie said on 7/6/2014 7:14:46 PM
    hi, i am looking to start selling garments at wholesale level at low prices, garments with any specifications. Price dependent on quantity. Garments made in Bangladesh. Please email me to discuss further ronnie_tx10@hotmail.com. Thanks
  • 16. Md.Sajedur Rahmam said on 9/7/2014 10:09:55 PM
    hi, I want to sell garments products in foreign country from bangladesh. so i need buyer. please tell me how i contract with buyer or how buyer contact with me. i do brocary from 2 years more.
  • 17. naginder Gajre said on 9/11/2014 2:50:48 AM
    I want to open clothes shop like t shirts. jeans. kids dress. sarri. towel under wear banian. chudidar.shirt paint. please help me 9702907079, vinita
  • 18. Aro Zhimo said on 10/12/2014 11:12:44 PM
    In nagaland we ve high demands in clothes so want to take wholesale from any company who import clothing from china or bangkok. Please contact me. U can do good business with me.
  • 19. Aro Zhimo said on 10/12/2014 11:14:16 PM
    Dimapur, nagaland..
  • 20. Para said on 12/10/2014 12:06:24 PM
    Hi @Aro Zhimo, I think we can get some good business going. please contact me at pradhanaditya78@gmail.com Thanks
  • 21. evramana said on 2/28/2015 5:16:47 AM
    i would like to start sarees business in my house .please advise me how can i buy sarees and all varieties of ladies and children wear. both ready made and materials .thanking you . best regards, venkata ramana. city: tirupati, andhra pradesh, pin:517501
  • 22. Dawud Tchitchi AYIGA said on 4/1/2015 10:42:33 AM
    We are located in Kumasi, one of the biggest cities i Ghana, West Africa.What advice can you offer us in order to find prospective wholesale buyers of our locally manufactured clothing products(shirts short and long sleeves, trousers, boubou, diner wear) for ladies and gents
  • 23. bhanu yadav said on 4/29/2015 8:47:13 AM
    Hi we are manufacturers/ wholesalers of mens and womens jeans. If anybody want to purchase jeans at wholesale rate or want to start their own brand you can contact us on +91 9540555437. Email- bhanuyadav890@gmail.com
  • 24. Bikram said on 5/4/2015 8:57:39 AM
    Hi, if you need any courier partner or Logistic partner for your clothing business you can contact support@ecourierz.com. We do Free Pickup, Cash on Pick up and Online payment Option, Door to Door Service, Multi Location Pick up. For more info kindly mail all your details to us. Thanks.
  • 25. unathi kenke said on 10/20/2015 6:55:58 AM
    I am looking to buy chain store overruns clothing in bulks,i am at cape town please contact me via email unathikenke@yahoo.com
  • 26. Tara said on 11/11/2015 6:24:35 PM
    I would try buy wholesale clothing.org if you are looking for a long list of great clothing suppliers.
  • 27. zayesha textiles said on 1/29/2016 11:16:51 PM
    I am wholesaler from maharashtra i want to start textile agency please contact only manufacturer or mills or textile agents.
  • 28. uday maurya said on 4/17/2016 11:30:00 AM
    I want to start my new clothing wholesale business in my locality ,how much it will cost and how can I establish it please send me full details about this.
  • 29. raja said on 8/9/2016 4:40:19 AM
    I want to start the saree Business in a town near Bangalore. I want to have all kind of sarees in my shop. Please guide which is the ideal place to buy in whole sale and how much investment is required for this.
  • 30. R Shankar said on 8/31/2016 4:14:56 AM
    hi...this is Shankar.. we do trading for all women apparel. saree, lehenga, kurta, gowns, suit, western wear, palazzo and legging. Contact us 8860078735.
  • 31. Janet ibironke Mogaji said on 9/23/2016 5:14:35 AM
    My name is Ronke Mogaji, I'm into clothing business, I'm interested in buying children and adult clothes and undies in Bangladesh but it is not that easy for me since they don't have embassy in Nigeria, I want to be buying in large quantity, how do I go about it?
  • 32. Oviya Creations said on 11/10/2016 11:21:59 PM
    Hi @shankar, pls contact me we are manufacturer of ladies apparel items. For best rate pls contact us 9921678083
  • 33. vishal said on 2/20/2017 11:16:16 AM
    hi m also interested to buy bulk of cloths in wholesale price from nagaland i need good price and good quality. i want to sell these cloths in kolkata retailer shops..i need good wholesaler n cheapest wholesaler..please give me idea having 60000/- ...please give me complete information..09804787153
  • 34. Tejinder Kaur said on 3/2/2017 1:23:49 AM
    Hi, My self Tejinder Kaur, i have one room 8/10. i want to started whole sale clothing business. Please tell me how much i invest in this plan. I am from Mohali, Punjab,