Stock Market Financial News
Stock Market News Article
Everything in the business world is closely related. What affects one business will eventually affect another whether it is for the good or for the bad. That is why it is important to be updated about movements in the stock market, and know what analysts think about future trends in order to be able to adjust the business to economic factors shaping the landscape with which he is operating.
That’s one sure strategy way to make the business survive and grow.
- Heinz Profit Falls in Q2 (November 18, 2011)H.J. Heinz Co., the world’s largest ketchup maker, on Friday said that its fiscal second quarter earnings has dropped by almost 6 percent, narrowly beating earlier forecasts as sales in emerging markets and higher prices offset decline in production volume.
- US Auto Sales to Stay Flat in 2012 – GM Exec (November 18, 2011)The US auto industry is expected to growth rather slowly next year as sales projection of new vehicles rising slightly from 2011, an executive of General Motors Co. said on Tuesday.
- World Stock Markets Plummet as Economic Tensions Increase (May 25, 2010)World stock markets plummeted as global economic and territorial tensions increased this month.
- Stock Markets Possible To Hit High In Final Week of the Year (January 1, 2010)As 2009 ends, Toronto stock market is ready to close out because of the possible hit in the last week of 2009.
- SE Sales Drops Further in 3Q, Eyes New Financing (October 17, 2009)Sony Ericsson, the world's third largest mobile phone maker, has registered a wider gap in its year-over-year sales as third quarter sales continue to fall.
- Research in Motion's Q2 Profit Drops Due to Settlement (September 25, 2009)Research in Motion Ltd. (RIM) on Thursday reported a weak outlook in its second quarter profits as revenue dropped by more than 11 percent year-over-sale due to settlement payments.
- Trading the Weak Dollar Currency (September 23, 2009)Investors are encouraged to buy higher-yielding assets on speculation that global economic recovery is accumulating strength. Due to this the dollar traded within 0.5 cent of one-year low against euro. Also, dollar currency trades weak versus the yen and kiwi dollar climbed high.
- Investor Guidelines Eased by FDIC (August 28, 2009)The FDIC board passed new guidelines in a vote of 4 to 1. FDIC softens investor guidelines to bring in private equity investors.
- Amazon to Take Over Zappos (July 23, 2009)World's biggest Internet retail company, Amazon.com, bared its plan to buy some $927.9 worth of stocks from online retailer and shoe manufacturer Zappos.Com.
- Stocks Mixed Early with Key Data for the Week (June 30, 2009)Early Monday, stocks moved up and down in mixed markets. European stocks advanced while stocks in Asia lowered. As second quarter comes to close, majority of investors are still at a crossroads since 30% of the market in the last three months shows â€œless badâ€ economic data. As a result, the investors became skeptical of the recovery in the economy and desire more concrete growth signs.
- Nokia Q1 Sales Drop (April 16, 2009)
- Intel Share Fall Despite Earlier Prediction that PC Sales Will Rise (April 15, 2009)
- Global Trading Falls by 9 Percent (April 6, 2009)
- MGM Mirage has $1.1 Billion Losses in 4Q (March 18, 2009)
- BMW Net Profit Declines by 90 Percent (March 13, 2009)
- Wal-Mart Sales Fall in 4th Quarter (February 17, 2009)
- Apple Sales Remain Strong Amidst Economic Recession (January 23, 2009)
- eBay’s Q4 Sales Slump (January 22, 2009)
- Asian Stocks Fall after Obama’s Inauguration (January 21, 2009)
- Intel Q4 Sales Fell 20 Percent (January 14, 2009)