How to Start a Corporate Massage Business?
Starting a corporate massage business may not be easy, but it's not completely impossible. While there are no overnight methods to starting a business, there are certain steps that will help you attract clients and achieve success.
Companies that offer massage therapy to employees usually hire independent massage therapists to give on-site massages. If you are a licensed massage therapist, you can start your own corporate massage business to form an agreement with local companies and earn a decent amount of money.
Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind when starting a corporate massage business.
Build a Legal Business Structure
Building a legal business structure is very important as companies usually require service providers to be represented by some form of business structure. Some of the most common options for massage therapists include limited-liability firms and sole proprietorships. Choose a business structure that best suits your requirements.
Get a State License
Massage therapists are usually required by their states to get and maintain their current license. States usually require new massage therapists to have a certificate of completion from a credited massage therapy training institution as well as a minimum amount of massage hours performed under a licensed therapist’s supervision. Contact the agency in your state that administers professional licensing and ask for an application packet that contains the fees, paperwork and requirements associated with your application.
You need to market your business. This includes making promotional brochures, flyers, business cards, a website and a company logo. You can offer free massages during tax season, set up a massage clinic at popular areas or join wellness events hosted by hospitals in your area. These marketing opportunities can help you attract more clients and raise awareness about your business.
- Tips to Start Your Own Corporate Giveaways and Souvenir Items Business
- Tips to Start a Corporate Training Career
Don’t forget to send your marketing materials to human-resource leaders. Update your website about your latest offers and mail cover letters, business cards and flyers that outline your availability and rates. Explain the benefits of corporate massage to encourage your prospects to hire you.
Purchase the Necessary Massage Equipment
You need to purchase the equipment that you’ll need to do on-site massages. This includes surface sanitizers, massage oils, a portable massage chair, lotions and paper towels. You can also bring an MP3 player to let your client relax with music while you massage them.
One of the most important things to keep in mind when starting a business is to shift your mindset. Think like an employer. The one who is responsible for getting clients is you, so you should be willing to do everything and take responsibility for your actions. Offering a risk-free offer will certainly attract clients. You may not be able to please everyone, but the amount of people you end up attracting will make up for the free service you offered. It is also important to open a bank account that allows you to deposit money under your company’s name. Companies usually give a check to the person or business entity you used to contract with your client.
- A Helpful Guideline on Starting Your Own Sports Massage Business
Starting your own sports massage business can be tricky but once you adhere with effective guidelines, you will surely attain success and stability for longest years.
- Choosing a Massage Therapy Business Name
Deciding what business name suited for your company is very simple. Start by coming up with massage therapy business name ideas to ensure that you choose the best there is.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
- What Is Internal Customer Service
- Start a Security Training Business
- Startup Auditing Business
- Starting a Bill Payer Service Business
- Starting a Water Heater Installation Service Business
- Starting a Car Service Business
- Starting a Motorcycle Courier Business
- Starting a Tree Removal Business
- Starting a Fencing Business
- How to Start a Photo Editing Business
- Starting an Early Intervention Agency
- How to Start a Rice Dealership