What is the Starting Salary for Consultants
Have you always wanted to be a consultant? Then you need to pursue your dreams.
In this article, you will know everything about the work of a consultant including the starting salary.
Being a consultant is a hard yet fun job because you can change something for the better and you will be the mastermind of everything. Some of the job descriptions of a consultant are as follows: creating ideas, giving pieces of advice for changes, formulating suggestions to provide solutions to problems, leading the company to perform better and providing trainings as well.
To be a consultant, you need to be very skilled because you will be providing technical, consulting supplies expertise and analytical skills to the business you are working with. In short, you need to have knowledge about the many business operations.
What is the Starting Salary for Consultants—Discover
If you would like to know the starting salary of a consultant, then you need to know that it is mainly based on several factors including amount of sales per annum, gender, city and state, company size, employer type and years of working experience.
- Starting Salary by Gender and Years of Working Experience: In accordance with the survey done by PayScale, a female consultant’s starting salary is $55,000 while a male’s is $60,000 per annum. If a consultant has no experience yet, his salary is $50,000. For a consultant with 1-4 years of experience is $55,000, 5-9 years of experience is $65,000 and 10-19 years of experience is $75,000 per annum.
- Starting Salary by City: New York is considered as the city having the highest starting salary at $65,000USD per annum for all kinds of businesses.
- Starting Salary by State: The following are the highest paying states for an information technology consultant: New York($65,000), Virginia ($67,000) and Texas ($65,000,). These salary rates are fixed for all type of business.
- Starting Salary by Size of the Company: According to a survey, companies having 50,000 employees pay their consultants more. The highest recorded salary for a consultant is $70,000 per year. Those firms with 5,000-49,999 employees pay a starting salary of $65,000 per annum.
- Starting Salary by Type of Employer: The type of employer includes both private and publicly owned companies. In addition, there are also federal government, local and state employers. Those public and federal employees have a starting salary of $60,000 every year, the private employees have $65,000 starting salary and the state and local employees have $50,000 starting salary.
- Starting Salary by College: Another factor that affects the starting salary of a consultant is the college where he graduated from. If you are a graduate of any of the following colleges, you will be given a $135,000 starting salary per annum: Wharton University, Duke University, Carnegie-Mellon and MIT.