US First Lady Lauds McDonald’s ‘healthy’ Happy Meal
US First Lady Michelle Obama lauded the world’s largest fast-food chain McDonald’s Corp. for making apples as a standard item in its kid’s meal, as part of the effort to fight the growing problem of childhood obesity.
United States First Lady Michelle Obama on Tuesday lauded McDonald’s Corp. for its decision to include apples to its “Happy Meals,” saying it is a positive step in solving the massive problem of child obesity in the country.
Obama, who is spearheading a nationwide campaign against childhood obesity, said that continuing changes in McDonald’s menu would significantly increase awareness against the disorder.
McDonald’s earlier announced that it would make apples a standard item in its kid’s meals as a response to consumer demands.
Aside from apples, the world’s largest fast-food chain also said it would significantly reduce the amount of sugar, sodium, saturated fats, and calories in its menu items by 2020.
The fast-food giant now joined the group of retailers and stores that have pledged their commitment to combat obesity in the US.
Obama recently gathered major retailers, including Wal-Mart Inc., in opening or expanding more than 1,500 stores in the next five years to provide easy access to fresh produce – particularly those in hard to reach areas.
To date, the US has the most number of obese people in the world, with over half of the population now considered overweight.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Ideas for Small Business
- Starting Rental Business
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Retail Store Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Financing a Small Business
- Small Business Articles
- Advice for Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Instructor Guides
- Business Insurance Information
- Business News