Starting a Vermiculture Business
Cultivating worms into an organic waste is a process known as vermiculture. The vermicompost is a great fertilizer as it is organic and environmentally friendly.
Thus, it is a good idea starting a vermiculture business.
Nowadays, it is very hard to find a stable job that can generate enough income for a living. In this sense, many people are looking for ways to start a home based business to make extra income. There are lots of home based business ideas available and some people have been lucky making it successful. The good thing about home based business is that you can save your time and at the same time the pressure is reduced. That is why if you are tired of going back and forth to your usual job then you can try vermiculture as your home based business.
What is Vermiculture?
Before you start a vermiculture business, it is important to understand first the process. The process produces compost by cultivating earthworms. The compost is used in organic farming because it is a complete fertilizer. You can sprinkle the compost in the soil to maintain the soil moisture. Likewise, you can also make vermi tea by mixing the compost with water. You can sprinkle the vermin tea in the plants that have diseases like tomato blight and leaf curl. To increase the amount of microbes beneficial to the plant you can add sea kelp and molasses in the vermin tea. When you start vermiculture business you can have the opportunity to sell the vermicast to other gardening enthusiasts. This is a profitable home based business especially if you can produce more vermicast as you can supply it to farms that employ organic farming.
What to do when Starting a Vermiculture Business?
- Make sure to buy the right kind of worms. Some of the preferred worms include red wigglers and African night crawlers. Do not use the earthworm available in your lawn as they are not good in vermiculture.
- Prepare the bin where you will place the worms. You can buy the bins available in the market. There are different types of bins such as the towering bins and stackable bins. However, you can also make your own bin by making a box made from wood. Make sure that the bin has enough ventilation to facilitate rapid decomposition.
- Cover the holes with mesh screen to prevent the worms from crawling outside. Put bedding materials in the bin. You can use soaked strips of newspaper as bedding. However, make sure that the paper is wrung.
The good thing about starting a vermiculture business is that you need not have big amount of start up capital because feeding the worms is not expensive. You can the worms with vegetable trimmings, kitchen scraps and fruit peelings. Likewise, this home based business idea would not require more time.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Ideas for Small Business
- Starting Rental Business
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Retail Store Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Financing a Small Business
- Small Business Articles
- Advice for Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Instructor Guides
- Business Insurance Information