Starting a Hamper Service Business

Starting your own hamper service business is simpler than you think. All you need is a basket, a few items and a ton of colorful ideas that will tickle your soon to be hamper clients.

This business guide will introduce you to simple step by step system that is fun and easy to follow but predictable to help you become a success.

Here are steps to lead you to lucrative business career.

• Buy a book.
    Get ideas how to decorate and organize hampers. Buying a simple book is a great way to expand your creative juices. It’s much cheaper too. With a book, you can see picture, descriptions, “how to” instructions, and just about everything on how to make your own hamper design.
  • Develop a hamper business plan.
    Start with a vision statement. Identify your “why” the reason you want to pursue this. Then next make a list of ideas that you have for your business. Sort them out and try to make a realistic goal from out of it. Start from there. You don’t need to have a perfect plan to start. A simple one would do.
  • Get a business license to operate and sell.
    Handle the legal requirements of your business and consult with a business lawyer to help you. It helps to get an experts advice.
  • Start your operations at home.
    Cut down on your expenses and use resources that you already have. With simple spacing and home prioritizing, you can have ample space to be business and also have a roof over your head. If you are starting small, your home is the best choice where to start your hamper service business.
  • Hamper production.
    First, decide what you are going to use to fill the hamper. It could be customized, personal or use a theme. Special occasions like Valentine’s Day and Christmas seasons are examples. You could use Belgian truffle chocolates with red wine or flowers. You could do a baby essentials hamper that comes with a baby cap, comforters and pairs of scratch mittens. You could do corporate giveaway hampers. Be creative don’t limit your imagination. Then prepare at least a dozen of them in advance. You want to have several finished products ready to be sold.
  • Advertise for clients.
    Create a buzz around your business. Try advertising your hamper service business through newspaper ads. Maybe use flyers and brochures as well. Get a business card too.
  • Take pictures of your finished products.
    Take pictures and label your finished products then load them into your website or print them into your catalog. Make it easier for your clients to look up your product lines. Visibility works wonders.
  • Charge the right price for your service.
    Have a price range that will allow you to cover for the basket expense, items in the basket, shipping and your service charge. Be profitable.
  • Delivery system.
    Have a delivery production system. Specify delivery orders to have two days at least in advance notice. Organize common routes for deliveries and delivery timely.
  • Listen to your customers.
    Do this and your clients will multiply. List down their comments and suggestions even their inquiries. Then apply them into your business.

• 1. joe said on 10/6/2012 9:31:22 AM
    i am in nigeria, i want to start a hamper business. as the christmas if fast approaching, i want to be engaged in a business. i want you guys to send me full details of how to go about all this, and how much i can sell mine....
  • 2. wilson naomi said on 10/8/2012 8:43:04 AM
    My business is located in Lagos, Nigeria. Business name is Nay et' Kay. I would really like to make profitable hampers for any occasion, most especially, since christmas is around the corner, the idea of making corporate hampers is something i really want to do. Please, how can you be of help to me, because my biggest challenge is putting in the right thing to make it signify its corporate hampers. Thanks, Naomi
  • 3. Stanley.morake said on 10/17/2012 7:17:26 AM
    i want to start a stamp hamper business and preferably sell cutlery, dinner sets, bedding/linen
  • 4. maggi aju said on 11/5/2012 12:33:42 PM
    I av a biz in kaduna state and i would like to introduce hampers especially for the season. pls how do i go about this new business as there are existing biz that do this?
  • 5. michelle iseko said on 11/16/2012 2:57:04 AM
    Hi my name is michelle, i have a hamper and event management company in Jos, Plateau state nigeria. I would love to know how to make my business work better by maximizing profit and increasing customer satisfaction. Thanks
  • 6. Damilola said on 11/26/2012 5:48:42 AM
    Hi i'm planning a hamper business for the Yuletide season that is fast approaching. I've customers but they are a little reluctant to pay a deposit. What am I to do? Lagos, Nigeria
  • 7. alex said on 11/27/2012 12:42:15 PM
    I leave in lagos I want to make hampers for christmas how will I start and I need help so I can make profit out of it. Please I need advice. Thank you.
  • 8. SHADE said on 11/29/2012 4:02:45 AM
    My location is surulere, Lagos. I like your article. This is the exact way I started this hamper business four years ago. It's really encouraging. I have a reliable delivery system and I deliver to anywhere in the country's (Nigeria) major cities. My Hampers at times are according to customers' specification and I also have the general ones at affordable prices. My phone contact is 07038330329
  • 9. lizbet dan said on 12/5/2012 2:54:17 PM
    Hi i want to start my own hampers in abuja. Pls teach me how start my own business. I really want 2 start with Christmas hampers. thanks
  • 10. kelly said on 3/4/2013 2:17:29 AM
    I stay in abj, I've bin into hamper business 4 couple of years now, I make both corporate and executive hampers also I make other gifts packaging. I need a reliable individual to partner with. 08160657208 cheers!
  • 11. Priscillia said on 7/5/2013 1:27:16 PM
    I want to start a hamper business in portharcourt, rivers state, nigeria. I really need details on how to go about it. Thanks
  • 12. lizzybeth said on 9/29/2013 2:15:14 PM
    Starting a hamper business in Abuja. Please give me a comprehensive details on what I need to know. thanks
  • 13. sidra said on 9/29/2013 5:59:21 PM
    @Priscillia and @lizzybeth, its really easy, i am in this business for while now, the idea is to get lovely products that stands out from others, especially in nigeria, mail me on sidraah11@yahoo.co.uk or add me on bb 2B26B52A
  • 14. funmilayo said on 9/30/2013 6:44:54 PM
    I am starting a hamper business in Lagos. I want to know more about hamper business.from Nigeria Thanks
  • 15. folashade said on 10/1/2013 12:19:23 PM
    i am actually doing little of my hamper business, i'm creative, but my target is writing to organisations (companies)for christmas and i really dont know how to go about it. i'm planing on going through someone that has a link to those companies, really i'm a bit confused
  • 16. Stephanie Mok said on 11/4/2013 7:09:50 AM
    Hi I would like to have more information. Thanks
  • 17. Dibo lizzie said on 12/4/2013 3:32:41 PM
    hi, i do hampers for cooperate organisation and individual, i need someone to partner with within lagos.07037086750;
  • 18. wahine said on 2/27/2014 1:37:19 AM
    hi i'm just starting a hamper business in NZ i just need some tip and some pointers on how to start one..
  • 19. wahine said on 2/27/2014 1:39:58 AM
    and what the regulations and terms are? so i need a lot of help and please someone get back..
  • 20. the hamper place said on 7/13/2014 11:23:37 PM
    Hi, i've been in the hamper business for 3 year now. My hampers are exquisite. 08023537904 please contact if you need our services. Thanks :).
  • 21. Pristine Events said on 10/3/2014 6:42:34 AM
    We are a reputable events planning house. We offer corporate and individual hampers and gift boxes, we also package bespoke requests/orders. Talk to us on 08023424208 or 1905pevents@gmail.com. We deliver nationwide!
  • 22. miriam olofu said on 11/4/2014 10:06:22 AM
    good day i have interest in this hamper business could you please put me through . Thanks.
  • 23. Norlinna Bte Mohd Jali said on 11/8/2014 1:15:21 AM
    Hi,I m lynn from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, i've been in the hamper business for 5 year. My hampers are traditional and modern concept. i m also supply hampers boxes like PU, Rattan, Metal, wooden boxes.. +6019 2669569 please contact if you need our products and services. Thanks :).
  • 24. Dibo Lizzie said on 11/18/2014 12:32:36 AM
    Hi, I specify in wrapping of bridal gifts, Hampers @affordable prices,mouth watering small chops. call ~07037086750 or email. diboelizabeth@gmail.com or bb pin,237aceae if u need my service.location. lagos,ibadan and Osun state.
  • 25. Temitope said on 11/23/2014 12:16:27 PM
    For me I have the market, organizations and many more all I need now is to collaborate with anyone in abj and get the proposal to submit...
  • 26. folat concept said on 12/16/2014 3:48:58 PM
    foluso is my name, a managing director of a folat concept. we are into hampers packaging, event planning, musical productions, etc based in ibadan, nigeria. u can contact me on 08038544403
  • 27. irene said on 2/5/2015 2:54:55 PM
    Hi am an undergraduate and I want to start my own hamper business please how do I start.
  • 28. Maggie said on 1/18/2016 8:36:45 PM
    Hi i am an undergraduate also who wants to start hamper making mainly for baby showers and christenings then branching out to different things. How do I start? How much money do you recommend I put into starting up?
  • 29. Thabo said on 1/29/2016 2:31:28 PM
    Hi, I'm Thabo, from South Africa, i recently registered and open a business account, the product il be selling is food hampers from escort, so my question is how do i go about to recruit customers, yes i did brunches,flyers and business cards, also i advertised my business via social media, but I'm still struggling to reach the targets i set, your advice will be highly appreciated.
  • 30. shawwaal said on 5/5/2016 5:13:03 AM
    hi can u please tell me is it a must for me to have licence or be registered to sell small grocery hampers? please
  • 31. elizabeth ekundayo said on 7/18/2016 5:29:52 AM
    good morning good people, from lagos, have not really start up any business cos of the nature of my work, am an Airforce Personnel but i really love to start up this hamper biz at least to be more creative and profitable to myself ...please ur help is highly needed and i will appreciate.