Starting a Geico Agency

GEICO Agency is a government employee insurance company that mainly sells auto insurance to government employees. Actually, this company is becoming more common to people, now you can also start your own GEICO agency.

In fact, there are more licensed professionals that service and sell GEICO policies, as they serve as representatives of the company.

in starting a Geico agency, there are certain tips to consider before a person can specialize in serving the government, university and military markets with the excellent line of products to value customers. These are necessary and should be identified and understood first to have a successful Geico Agency.

Contact the GEICO Mother Company

Having a contact with the mother company is essential if you like to start a Geico Agency. The company is organized and marketed as a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway and is located in Washington D.C. Also, there are many things to learn about the company if you are interested to own an agency. Actually, the company deals with their customers via internet and telephone as well. Thus, it provides capital that will be spent on providing work for insurance agents in a particular field. More so, the company has many offices around the world for those people who want to deal with agents. The company is by far the third largest direct provider or writer of auto insurance in the United States.

Thus, you have to contact GEICO Company because it is the mother of all agencies that direct all its agencies around the world. Your agency should be licensed by the company before you operate the business.

Learning the Regulations and Requirements Set by GEICO Company

Apart from it, it is also necessary to learn the regulations and requirements set by GEICO Company. These are important because all business operations and transactions are subjected in the regulations that are set by the mother company or the GEICO Company. There is a need to formalize the business operations to meet the conditions provided by GEICO Company. Learning all these may help to continuously operate the business.

Using Information Technology and Telephones

After learning the requirements and regulations, there is a need to use information technology and telephones. These are required by the company in operating your agency. They are a must because as an underwriter agency, your agency will be dealing with valued customers from a remote distance that will no longer require you to meet them personally. This agency that you will be starting at is different as compared to insurance agencies in the past.

Learning the Business Products

Apart from it, it is necessary to learn more about the products that the company offers to your agency. There is also a need to learn the specific products that your agency will offer to customers. Actually, the products may cover product insurances, omissions and errors, coverage for liability, EPLI and a whole lot more.

• 1. Yemi said on 4/22/2014 11:00:01 AM
    I am interested in starting an agency in Jacksonville, FL
  • 2. Henry said on 5/1/2014 2:28:05 AM
    I am interested in starting an agency with geico in San Diego California
  • 3. Kim said on 7/21/2014 2:26:08 PM
    I am interested in starting an agent with Geico in Colorado. Where do I need to contact for more information? Thank you
  • 4. Chandra Karki said on 11/8/2014 4:57:24 PM
    need help to setup a geico agency in Syracuse ny..
  • 5. Angie Ponce said on 12/29/2014 12:03:27 PM
    I would like to open my own Geico insurance company in Yuma Arizona.
  • 6. ken said on 1/16/2015 5:46:45 PM
    I would like to start a geico agency in Las Vegas, NV 89108
  • 7. Teresa Trice said on 1/18/2015 6:47:55 PM
    Brandon fl 33511 I need information on starting my own agency. I would like to know the steps from start to finish.
  • 8. Amalia said on 2/2/2015 5:14:17 PM
    i am interested for a geico agency in San Jose, CA
  • 9. walter weeks said on 3/9/2015 3:08:59 PM
    I'm interested in starting up in Vallejo ca 94591 Solano county
  • 10. Jasmine Charles said on 5/11/2015 5:42:52 PM
    Hi, I am very interested in starting a Geico agency in Shreveport, La, 71118
  • 11. Paul said on 5/17/2015 3:28:36 PM
    Houston
  • 12. Warfalibaax Mursal said on 5/23/2015 4:06:02 PM
    I'm interested in starting a Geico agency in Syracuse NY 13208.
  • 13. Dan Vargas said on 6/12/2015 1:52:15 PM
    Hi I'm interested on opening a Gaico agency in Philadelphia PA, please advised
  • 14. Charanda Nash-Nard said on 6/22/2015 9:03:20 PM
    I am interested in opening an agency in Texarkana TX, Texarkana AR twin cities with 2 state lines 10 miles from a military and federal base.
  • 15. Marco icaza said on 10/7/2015 8:56:50 AM
    Kenner, Louisiana usa
  • 16. Daryl Martin said on 12/14/2015 7:07:20 PM
    I am interested in starting a Geico agency in crntral nj
  • 17. Leidy said on 3/16/2016 12:17:31 PM
    I would like to star my own agency in Queens NY please help me with information of the things I can do in order to get it done. I am P & C and Life licensed.
  • 18. Vivian Giraldo said on 4/2/2016 11:58:52 AM
    Hello I'm Vivian Giraldo, I would like information about the requirements to start my own agency with Geico in Miami .Thank you.
  • 19. Edward Angelo said on 5/23/2016 3:56:51 PM
    Our agency would like to add all Geico to our Commercial and Personal Lines. Please contact with information. ANGELO INSURANCE AGENCY, 208 Allen Street, New Britain, CT 06053, Tel. 860-223-7777, Edward Angelo
  • 20. ALison Pedigo said on 5/29/2016 3:57:37 AM
    Hello, My name is Alison Pedigo and I own an Independent Agcncy that sells Auto, home, and business insurance. I was in Columbus this week and noticed that there is A Geico local agent there. I live outside of Albany, GA in Leesburg and would love to turn by agency into a Geico agency. My agency has been in business for 6 years and is my book of business is 1,720,000. I would be interested in purchasing and opening or converting my business to Geico Franchise business.
  • 21. Alejandro Soldevilla said on 7/8/2016 11:48:25 PM
    Hi, I'm interested in opening an agency in Laredo Tx. I'll appreciate all the information that you can send me. Thks
  • 22. Emik said on 8/16/2016 2:55:23 PM
    Hi, I am interested in starting a geico agency in NY. Please help me with this.
  • 23. Regina said on 10/18/2016 1:58:40 PM
    Hello, My name is Regina. I would like more info on opening up a Geico office in my area.
  • 24. Sharon peoples said on 10/26/2016 3:52:52 PM
    I am interested in opening a geico agency. What and where do I begin
  • 25. Martin Hinojosa said on 11/1/2016 12:41:29 PM
    I would like the information from start to finish on opening an agency in my local area.
  • 26. Nanette Nava said on 12/6/2016 7:28:37 PM
    I will like some information in starting a Geico agency in my local area if you can please guide me please from start to finish . Thank You
  • 27. Luz Rosas said on 1/6/2017 12:08:18 PM
    Hi, I been working with farmers insurance for 7 years already, and want to get information on how can I become a Geico agent, want to run my own office. Dallas, TX
  • 28. Elsa said on 2/19/2017 11:39:02 PM
    Hi, I am very intrigued in a Geico agency in southern California. I see real potential in growth. We need to see more agencies that people recognize and feel comfortable in calling knowing that there insurance will be met. Respectfully