Starting a Fashion Institute

If you want to start a fashion institute, you need to be prepared mentally, physically, and financially. This is a serious undertaking and you possess the right knowledge, skills, and experience.

Plan your actions carefully and have the best staffs in the industry. Promote the institute and offer the best program packages.

Start Your Own Fashion Institute

Some individuals have the passion for the latest trends in the fashion industry. Whether you’re into clothes, shoes, and accessories, starting a fashion institute can be a great way to make some money. This is a big endeavor and you need to possess the right knowledge, skills, and experience. Before you go any further, you can begin by creating a plan. You have to decide on the programs or course packages that you will offer. It is important that you start out early and get the needed training as well.

Find an office space that you can lease out. You don’t have to start on a big scale. It’s best to test the waters first so that you can gauge if a fashion institute is viable. Consult with local real estate agents to find the ideal location. You will also need to secure the needed license, certifications, and permits. Try to consult with the concerned agencies in your area to operate the institute legally. Clients will usually stick with companies that are certified and with good reputation. This is one thing that you should establish, so you’ll get enough clients.

Courses and Program Packages

There are many courses or programs that you can offer. This may include fashion merchandising, pattern making, fashion design, computerized patterns, fashion styling, photography, make-up, embellishments, accessories, basic sewing, tailoring, and many others. Decide on the duration for each program and the fees it involves. For starters, you can begin with a few students only. You will also need to hire extra help. Make sure that you hire the best in the industry. If the institute has instructors with the best knowledge and experience, you can become popular in no time. It would be best to offer a slightly lower price at the beginning. You have to make it clear that it is simply an introductory offering that clients should take advantage of before you raise it to the actual rates.

A fashion institute is a great business idea for those who are highly interested in the industry. This is your chance to encourage potential clients to learn the basics from your own institute. Provide quality services all the time and create a safe environment. The institute should be prepared prior to the launching. Purchase the needed furniture, fixtures, equipment, supplies, and many others. You also have to apply for the utilities like water, electricity, and phone lines. When everything is set, you can now create a website where you can upload the recent developments of the institute.

• 1. ARJUN DAS said on 7/18/2012 7:47:01 AM
    Hi, I am textile technologist ,have 15 yrs of experience in the industry . Have full knowledge of fabric making & yarn making process . I would like to open it in Agartala .. west tripura . plz guide.
  • 2. Prithi said on 9/11/2012 1:36:21 AM
    To start a fashion institute it needs some recognized university certification, good curriculum to offer students, good location and supported by efficient faculty. Am a Textile and Fashion entrepreneur keen to meet some like minded people to start an institute.
  • 3. Ms. Suman Mishra. said on 4/15/2013 7:45:11 AM
    Hi Sir / Mam, I am suman Mishra, i have complete fashion designing from I.T.I Siri fort. Now i would like to start a fashion institute.pls advice how to state this. Best regards, Ms. Suman Mishra.
  • 4. sunita kaur said on 2/1/2014 11:53:07 PM
    I have been into designing for fifteen years now I am thinking of starting a fashion institute. Based in jammu city state J and K. Kindly advise how to start. Thanks
  • 5. ravi tandale said on 4/20/2014 11:55:33 PM
    Hello I want to start fashion design. Institute or degree course in Latur plz help me
  • 6. usha jayaraj said on 4/29/2014 3:55:47 AM
    i am having a garment manufacturer unit in Pondicherry. i like to start a fashion institute. kindly advise how to start the institute and what are the procedure pls guide me.
  • 7. Ritu said on 5/26/2014 8:27:36 AM
    I want to add fashion designing course in my college ,Lucknow wat are the steps working towards it ..
  • 8. Anil Dhanuka said on 6/7/2014 5:35:20 PM
    Hello everyone, If u r seeking for genuine certificate , diploma in fashion or other educational courses for your students your staff n yourself also to enhance the career n opportunity ... U may contact me . we have all or needs..... CERTIFICATE DIPLOMA DEGREE TEACHING CERTIFICATION. N FRANCHISE CERTIFICATION
  • 9. Anil Dhanuka said on 6/7/2014 5:38:36 PM
    AnilDhanuka@yahoo.com, For all certificate diploma degree courses please contact anildhanuka@yahoo.com
  • 10. Harshada Reshim said on 6/15/2014 11:51:43 PM
    My businesses location is kandivali. Mumbai
  • 11. Dr.akanksha veer singh said on 1/6/2015 2:28:35 AM
    i want to start a fashion courses in my college... modinagar UP.. plz guide me d steps.....
  • 12. Anil Dhanuka said on 2/15/2015 3:37:18 PM
    Hello everyone , to get n provide all kind of genuine certificate , diploma , degree , n franchise affiliation you may please contact us , 9810619249
  • 13. ArunaSree said on 2/15/2015 11:48:34 PM
    Hi, I want to make my dreams true by starting this institute, I want to start this institute in Anantapur, A.P
  • 14. mahesh rangdal said on 2/25/2015 7:43:26 AM
    Hi i m gulbarga university academic council member gulbarga karnataka i want to start fashion designing course
  • 15. jasmine said on 5/27/2015 12:44:50 PM
    hi sir/mam i have completed fashion designing in the year 2009 now i'm thinking to start a fashion design institute. plz help me how to start.
  • 16. lilian obenwa said on 7/17/2015 10:27:00 AM
    I have d knowledge and skill, it has been my dream to have a fashion school, Imo state, nigeria
  • 17. Gloria AnyaehieCoker said on 1/13/2016 12:50:45 PM
    I have been in the fashion industry for over 20years and would like to set up a fashion training institute in Lagos Nigeria.
  • 18. lalita said on 2/5/2016 11:24:41 AM
    Hello, i m lalita and want to open a fashion designing institute in Kullu (hp) please guide
  • 19. Anil said on 3/28/2016 11:33:25 PM
    We are starting Fashion Design Institutes in All over India in association with Milan - Italy. People interested to join Hands can contact me at anil.sharma@redhotideas.in .
  • 20. vaibhav awasthi said on 4/9/2016 3:43:56 AM
    farrukhabad city state in utter predesh i will open fashion institute please help me.
  • 21. Rao Rajan Singh said on 4/12/2016 4:12:51 AM
    Hi, I am running a coaching institute in fashion and want to open my own design college. please guide about the requirements.
  • 22. Sonia said on 5/23/2016 11:56:28 AM
    Hi, want to start fashion designing institute in Himachal . How can I get affiliation. Please tell me complete process of affiliation and what is the fees for it.
  • 23. priyanka said on 7/4/2016 3:13:22 PM
    hello, i want to open fashion college..plz tell me the norms to open fashion college ...plz temm.........my email id -anikasingh185@gmail.com...plz tell..
  • 24. babli said on 8/4/2016 4:18:14 AM
    Hi I am babli and want to open a fashion designing institute in kullu HP please guide me
  • 25. lalita said on 8/23/2016 2:46:24 AM
    Hello sir I am lalita and want to open a fashion institute in Kullu himachal Pradesh. please tell me all about the procedure
  • 26. Shanti said on 9/19/2016 5:48:29 AM
    Hi, I'm Shanti from Visakhapatnam. I have done MBA and also a discontinued student in diploma in Fashion designing and have been into fashion business for over an year now. I have complete knowledge in every subject of fashion. Now I want to start an institute of fashion design in my city with my other friend who has a degree in fashion design as a faculty... Please help me in the startup as I have no knowledge or experience in running an institute And. I need ur guidance before starting this institute... I want to know everything from rules and regulations and guidelines to registration and having a valid certification... Thanks, Shanti.
  • 27. Nagendra beginner adviser said on 10/16/2016 2:17:47 AM
    Hi, Thanks every one , for giving your views . Is there any one who belongs to Allahabad, and wanted to start fashion institute, I am graduate fashion Designer, working as a faculty in some institute, Please contact me if any one interested to become entrepreneur, I am starting my own and need creative, talented, honest,enthusiastic, hardworking partner or financier. This is the only way ..we can move forward, Need help and support. Mail I'd nagendra130@gmail.com

nagendra130@gmail.com || Fashion Business Adviser