Start Your Own Poop-Scooping Business
Are you planning to start a poop scooping business but donï¿½t know how and where to begin? Poop scooping business is a cheap business to start with but a profitable and enjoyable activity. Just set aside your pride and start with determination.
Many successful poop scooping businesses just started for just $200. Yes, you can do the same provided the business is not yet saturated in your area.
How to start
- Make sure your family members agree with your plan to do a business like this, and that they are willing to cooperate.
- Take a survey on the area where you want to have your business set-up. The survey should focus on pet population, accessibility of pet owners, competitors and their prices, and distance from your base.
- Register your business in local County Clerk or in any Government Agency that issue business permit.
- You must have a pick up truck or a van as a service. Other customers might want you to bring the waste back so you must be ready with this necessary tools and packaging materials. There are some cheap e-books that enumerate some tools used in poop scooping.
- Now you have everything ready, time to look for customers. Have a printed business cards and flyers and visit all nearby Veterinary Clinics, Pet Hospitals, known Pet Owners, Breeders, and even pet shops and stores. These are the best places for you to offer your service.
- An advertisement in a local pet magazine is a good way to have your business noticed by other people but do this only if you have extra money for advertising. Have a simple website and post all necessary information about your poop scooping business and join in local pet forums and blogs, and let people know that you are offering poop scooping business.
- Make sure you know the county ordinance about home safety and pet-related policies.
Dealing with Customers
- It is always exciting on the first day but you must be careful. You are dealing not only with pet owners but with pets as well. Make a good relationship with your customer and if possible, ask them to keep their pet locked or chained during your cleaning schedule.
- Ask your customers for an easy and safe access to their premises during your cleaning schedule. There are a lot of cases where police rushed to customerï¿½s house because a scooper unintentionally triggered the main gateï¿½s alarm.
- Your business is to clean so make sure you do it well. Excellent service means more customers. This is the life and blood of any business offering services.
The above steps are just a general idea but are very helpful to anyone who has interest in starting a poop scooping business. There are a lot of successful poop scooping businessmen who started with small investment and after several months, they are truly successful. This type of business requires no big amount to start. Only big heart, determination, and sincerity with down to earth attitude are all you need to bring this business into ripe fruition.
- Franchise Opportunities
- Wholesale Business Opportunities
- Small Manufacturing Business
- Farming Business Ideas
- Unique Business Opportunities
- Shop Business Ideas
- Small Business Opportunities
- Startup Company Ideas
- Home Based Business Opportunity
- Rural Business Opportunities
- Tips for Buying and Selling
- Starting Rental Business
- Ideas for Small Business
- Free Business Ideas
- Internet Business Ideas
- Store Business Opportunities
- Entrepreneur Business Idea
- Retail Store Ideas
- Service Business Ideas
- Advice for Small Business
- Financing a Small Business
- Restaurant Business Opportunities
- Small Business Articles
- Business Marketing and Advertising
- Repair Business Opportunity
- Professional Career Opportunities
- Business Insurance Information
- Instructor Guides
Shop Business Ideas
- Starting a Pawn Shop Business
- How to Start Auto Body Shop?
- How to Start a Meat Shop?
- How to Start a Donut Shop
- How to Open a Sandwich Shop
Store Business Opportunities
- Starting a Grocery Store Business
- Starting a Fashion Clothing Store
- How to Open a Liquor Store
- How to Start a Drug Store Business
- How to Start a Beauty Supply Store