Opening a Bakery Cafe

If you have passion for baking and for providing people with your delicious delicacies, the right business for you is no other than a bakery cafe.

Having this kind of business entails just simple procedures but in order for you to attain success, you need to secure that you enjoy and know what you are doing. This article will discuss the steps on how you can have your own bakery cafe.

bakery cafe

No matter what kind of business you are planning to start, it requires hard work and dedication. Yes, starting up a bakery is just simple but there are lots of bakeries that fail each year because the owners lack preparation and careful planning. But by giving your best shot, you will just notice that your business is already in the road to success. So, what are the steps you need to do?

Identify Your Mission and Goals for the Business

Before you take a look at the other details in the business startup, you should first identify your mission and goals. Of course, the bakery should fit to your goals in life. You should also list the pros and cons in order for you to figure out how you can provide a possible solution to any problem that might arise.

Start from Scratch or Purchase a Franchise

Another thing that you should consider is whether you will start from scratch or buy a franchise. There are several factors that can influence your decision. If you don’t want to spend more money in starting from scratch, your best choice is to buy a franchise. Some of the best choices for your franchise are Cinnabon, Krispy Kreme and Panera Bread.

Study Your Market and the Competition

Another great factor that you need to consider is the community where you plan to establish the bakery cafe. In choosing a location, you should carefully investigate if there is a high traffic of people, if it is free from any factory of unwanted establishments that are risky to human health and if there is a high level of competition. You have to consider all these things if you want your business to attract more customers.

Write a Business Plan

The business plan is a core component of your business’ success because it can also help you to get financial support from organizations and institutions. In writing your business plan, make sure that it is divided into four sections namely: bakery cafe description, marketing plan, management plan and financial management plan. To draft the plan well, you can use the Business Plan Pro software.

Get Financial Support and the Necessary Licenses

If you don’t have enough money for the business startup, you can just loan from a reputable institution. Of course, you have to present your business plan and answer some of the questions of the lenders. After getting a loan, you should obtain the necessary insurance, licenses and permits. Then, begin hiring employees.

When all is done, you should immediately proceed to looking for the right advertising strategies to use.

• 1. frisox said on 11/22/2011 11:11:28 PM
    i'm wondering what home made business can you suggest that is profitable and less cost?
  • 2. Ansari said on 3/30/2012 3:32:03 PM
    we have many bakeries so we can provide delicious food items. i want to take franchisee in mumbai. contact me on 9920995848
  • 3. Basavaraj.E said on 5/5/2012 4:58:58 AM
    I want to start Bakery Cafe. My location Mahadevpura Bangaluru 560048 city Bangalore Karnataka.India
  • 4. Venkat said on 11/21/2012 1:59:02 AM
    I want to start Bakery Cafe in chennai, Can you please advise me that what i need to do that.
  • 5. NEHA CHAUDHARY said on 12/18/2012 8:32:45 AM
    from india this is Neha, i want to know complete information about cup cakes business like the capital needed, equipments ,license if any need , how to start ?
  • 6. joyce said on 2/8/2013 5:15:12 AM
    Hi Joyce Soweto i want to start my bakery business from home in my garage where to i start don't have enough capital
  • 7. K. Sriya said on 2/14/2013 4:50:55 AM
    I am a Graduate, i am interested to start a Bakery at Coimbatore District, but i dont have sufficient money to start up Bakery so would you give ideas to get loan amount?
  • 8. pratheesh said on 6/2/2013 11:26:32 AM
    i want to start bakery.i want your advice
  • 9. AbdulAzees.U said on 6/13/2013 7:20:46 AM
    I want a start a business. give some advice for a business at low investment melur, Madurai-625106, Tamilnadu.
  • 10. Nirmala said on 7/9/2013 2:34:11 AM
    I want start a bakery at thanjavur district. i need some idea, how much cost to start up my bakery business. where to get loan.
  • 11. mojgan said on 9/15/2013 2:37:18 PM
    I am interested in opening a bakery cafe in Sweden,Vaxjo. how would you help me? I need a lot of information in this regards, costs? permits, related organizations....
  • 12. navneet chawla said on 9/21/2013 6:06:54 AM
    i am interested in opening a bakery cafe in sriganganagar,(rajasthan)
  • 13. neetu agrawal said on 12/7/2013 9:38:29 AM
    i am starting a bakery at jaipur, how would you help me
  • 14. gokul said on 2/12/2014 3:18:55 PM
    i want to start bakery cafe in coimbatore tamilnadu..can you please tell me an ideas and contact person in coimbatore.
  • 15. ATS said on 5/19/2014 2:47:41 AM
    Hello there, i was wondering if you could help advice me how to initiate and setup a bakery at Malaysia?
  • 16. Rajesh said on 6/3/2014 5:40:58 AM
    aim wanting to set up a bakery franchisee can you help me with do's & dont's
  • 17. Muzammil Kadri said on 7/14/2015 6:52:00 AM
    Hi, I would like to know more about bakery and pastry project execution. I am based in Raigad Dist of Maharashtra in a town called Mahad. Its ideal place in terms of growing market as well as purchasing powder. I am totally new in this field and need a complete consultancy to start up with the project.
  • 18. Thangadurai said on 8/5/2015 3:06:47 PM
    Hi sir am start bakery in tirupur please help for ideas
  • 19. dhinesh kumar.s said on 4/29/2016 7:12:21 AM
    i want to start bakery and coffee cafe in pondicherry...i need idea.
  • 20. preveen said on 5/9/2016 3:15:54 AM
    Hi i want to start a cake shop.kindly advise the details of investment details.
  • 21. Jane said on 6/21/2016 9:09:20 AM
    Hi I am interested in opening my own baking business. What and should I do. Should I go to a baking school? So that I can have a better idea of hot to bake.
  • 22. jagadesh said on 6/22/2016 12:35:38 AM
    want to start bakery in coimbatore. i need someone from coimbatore to help me setup this.
  • 23. Vinodh kumar beginner adviser said on 8/29/2016 12:35:55 PM
    Dear @jagadesh, my name is vinodh from coimbatore. Would appreciate if you can get in touch with me in my mail (vinodsathish[at]gmail.com). So we can discuss about the set up of bakery in coimbatore . Thank you.

Bakery Business Expert

• 24. Thiru said on 1/4/2017 11:16:00 PM
    @Vinodh Kumar, Can you please help with the plan to start a Bakery+ in Coimbatore. My email id ksthiru1988@gmail.com
  • 25. Arif said on 1/21/2017 6:25:00 AM
    I want to start bakery in Jhansi (U.P.).i want your advice