Jet Ski Rental Business

Starting a jet ski rental business entails only 3 things: location, equipments and know-how. You might know that "know-how" includes everything from knowledge, operation, marketing, sells and more. You might find this article on how to start a jet ski rental business is a great help to you.

Although it may seem uncomplicated, putting up jet ski business is rather difficult. First of all, not many places in the world can actually benefit from having a jet ski rental business.

Unless you can find a proper location for your proposed enterprise, the basis for putting up this jet ski rental service business is moot. Sure, you can put up a jet ski rental business anywhere, but would you have patrons coming out of the woodwork for you? Not likely.

The key to finding a great location for ski business is finding a place where water sports are in demand. Not all open bodies of water are jet ski locales; there are protected waterways or shallow waters with a network of corals or marine life habitats that are not only dangerous to run the jet boats in, but also against federal and environmental laws. It might be wise to check your local geography first, and update yourself with local, regional and environmental laws before plunging headfirst into jet ski rental services. If your chosen “spot” has its share of water sports machineries for rent, it is still advisable to check laws and regulations. You wouldn’t want to have the rug pulled from under you just because you neglected to research your “spot” first. After all, setting up a jet ski rental business is rather pricey.

And that leads us to the reason why a startup jet ski rental business is indeed expensive. Startup kit for jet skis are expensive on its own, and so in repair, maintenance and its fuel. In order to have a respectable income, you need to have at least a couple of these Yamaha jets working simultaneously. It is also advisable to get brand new jet skis, because second hand (or even third hand used jets) machines may save you a couple of hundred dollars on the initial sale, but will drain your accounts from jet ski maintenance and tune-ups. Brand new jet skis range from about $2,500 to $10,000, depending on the make and model of the machine and local jet ski dealers. Plus, jet engines need regular tune-ups as well. If you think the expenses end there, you may want to consider getting insurance for both your jet ski machines and your customers. Think of it as a car rental sort of transaction, only that your jet ski boats run in water, and if accidents do happen, its very likely that you will need the services of a specialized towing company (if you are lucky.)

Having enough knowledge to run a jet ski rental business venture is imperative. You need to know just what your potential market is, how powerful the jet engines you can buy, whether you can market your jet ski rental business only to the experienced, what to do during emergencies, etc. Before that, you must also check on the environmental factors around you like: when is it safe to rent out the jet ski 800 or 550, and when is it advisable to tell the potential customers off? You also need to set the demarcation line in the waters, and advised your future patrons as to where they can safely go, and where it should be out of bounds.

Although some people might think that setting out a jet ski rental business can be likened only to putting up a rental shop for bicycles, you must remember that these are powerful boats, which is quite capable of upturning sailboats, ramming through speed boats and crashing into docks and other physical barriers. If your customers don’t sustain enough injuries during these kinds of accidents, it is with great probability that the water might claim them – and that, assuredly so, is never good for business.

• How to Start a Jet Ski Rental Business
    If you want to now step by step process to open your own Jet Ski rental business then read on. This article is about How to Start a Jet Ski Rental Business.

• 1. Jorge S said on 1/6/2009 3:13:31 AM
    Wow, what do you own one or something? Nice article towards potential starters. It's very possible man. I'm sure the ones who are going to start up a jet ski rental business already awared of cost, laws, maintenance and "OF COURSE" insurance. I dont think they gotta hear about the broken bones and burn to the death part guy.
  • 2. Neil said on 1/19/2009 11:08:48 AM
    I have ALWAYS been interested in starting my own jet ski rental business. I just came back from a cruise and St. Maarten was one of my stops. People were waiting in line to go jet skiing at $65 a pop for a half hour. That solidified my interest even more. This article did provide some good information, but just like any other start up business, there are risks, and that i understand. What i do want to know is what is the cost going to be to start up this company? How many jet skis should i get? how much is the insurance policy? etc. Please let me know because i want to do my research and make a decision to see if this is right for me. Thank you. Neil
  • 3. Wayne said on 2/11/2009 9:49:00 AM
    An opportunity just presented itself for me to be part owner of a Jet Ski/Sea-Doo rental business. The article was informative. However, I too would like additional information on the quantity of equipment needed at start up. Although, you don't recommend buying used equipment, my partner thinks that he has a good eye and the resources to get use equipment in optimum working condition before they're shipped. Thank you.
  • 4. scott said on 2/27/2009 9:56:54 PM
    I own 4 jetski/boat rentals my advise for anyone who wants to start a business is to work for a location for at least six months before you start your own there is a lot to learn, and I think you cant even get insurance unless you have 3 yrs working experience. have fun Scott
  • 5. peyt said on 3/25/2009 12:16:48 PM
    i plan to enter the jet ski renting business. I don't see myself working a 9 to 5 behind some desk, i want to do what i love. I already have a little head start by owning a seadoo. I'm only 18 so i have a few years of planning before i go into action. My only question is should i stay in the states with my business or go to a foreign island and start it up there. thanks for the advice man. peyt
  • 6. Robert said on 4/8/2009 7:50:19 PM
    I want to open a jet ski rental business myself. I used to work on them for years and now work on them part time and race them. I have a ton of experience with watercraft and boats. I'm looking to make a life change. I would also like as much info as possible or even maybe a partner to do this with.
  • 7. Jamie said on 6/1/2009 9:39:26 AM
    Anyone know WHERE to get the liability insurance? I am finding it hard to locate. Thanks for the reply!
  • 8. Charles said on 6/23/2009 12:51:00 AM
    I am in the process of starting my jet ski rental but i'm sure there is still a lot more information I need to know. If anyone has some free time that could give some helpful hints or let me know where I could get some good information it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  • 9. Efrem Baez said on 7/15/2009 4:51:03 PM
    Just need info on how to go about opening a jet ski small rental business in Long Island, NY
  • 10. Hernan said on 7/22/2009 4:05:35 PM
    First of all i have no experience in renting jet skis, but i do know that i really want to get into it. I'm thinking about opening a small rental spot in Destin Ft Walton Beach, FL. If you have any info or advice for me before i make my move i'll greatly appreciate. I really need some info on where i could buy new jet skis for a good price and how much am i looking to spend on insurance? Thanks A lot. Hernan!!
  • 11. brandon said on 8/5/2009 11:05:11 AM
    i was wondering how you would rent or least the beach space from the hotel or the city
  • 12. Greg Boynton said on 8/12/2009 4:26:25 PM
    I have been very interested in getting into the jet ski rentals myself for many years. I would like to do this in the Destin. Fl area or Gulf Shores Al. Trying to make a new start here i was thinking like a ski rental and a hotdog, hamburger, milk shake hut set up would be all around good time stop for the vacation folks. if anyone can help or has any ideas contact me. I am an investor with great credit looking to move on this ideal soon 8-12-09. Thanks Greg.
  • 13. Elwin said on 8/18/2009 1:50:06 AM
    i just won a 2008 sea-doo gti. never been used (0 hours) comes with a caravan trailer. i don't really need it. i'm in the army and i'm trying to sell it instead. if you guys are interested i will give you my number to reach me 931-217-5849. i searched for the price and i saw $7,900 for the ski without the trailer, but i would give them both for $7,500. i hope you guys can call me if you are interested. i'm from Clarksville, TN (Fort Campbell KY)
  • 14. Julian Christopher said on 8/19/2009 12:08:36 AM
    I'm looking to open a jet ski business here in malaysia. There is not much competitors around but there is a whole lot of tourist that come along here from time to time. I'm seeking some professional advice on how to open a jetski business from A-Z. Really hope to hear from you.
  • 15. Daniel Rivera said on 8/23/2009 10:58:33 PM
    I'm looking to start a small jet ski rental business in my area. I noticed that there is really nobody doing it in the beaches here, which get very crowded, they only do it in rivers and places like that. I started thinking about it a couple of months ago while vacationing in miami. I would appreciate all info possible especially regarding insurance and average maintenance prices as well as where to go to check if it's allowed by local authorities to do that in their beaches. thanks a lot. daniel
  • 16. Yuniel Guillen said on 9/1/2009 5:17:31 PM
    By any chance anyone knows how much is it to rent or lease a spot in miami beach Florida? And who do I contact for that type of information? Yuniel thanks for the insight.
  • 17. Stace jensen said on 9/30/2009 4:31:26 PM
    I am interested in starting up a jet ski and Kayaks business with my husband. We want to know how you go about finding a great location. We live in Utah and people here love doing things outdoors. What about going south for the winter? I have found that most rentals here at lakes are contracted to the Marina and they have 10 year contracts.
  • 18. Ange Isaacs said on 11/9/2009 5:30:39 AM
    I am determined to but used jet skies for my rental in the Caribbean as thats all my budget allows for at the minute. I have to ensure insurance cover and maintenance. I am interested in the miscellaneous equipment needed ie life Jacket etc. Can anyone help.
  • 19. Tim Peters said on 12/4/2009 11:42:13 PM
    I'm interested in starting jet ski and boat rental business on the north shore of the domincian republic. I would appreciate any information on start-up for example number of water craft needed, insurance, rental space cost $ at a resort, maintenance cost and any information related to the business would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance for any information.
  • 20. Lars Nielsen said on 12/5/2009 10:13:59 AM
    Robert, I am looking for the same kind of business. A job behind a desk is not for me. I have 10 years experience with windsurfing. Moreover I have experience with accounting. Where are you located? I can relocate as long as it is not in US territory, the immigration law is just too much. I am a EU citizen. Would you be interested in a partnership on a low cost caribbean island? Email: Lars_boye@yahoo.no
  • 21. Scott beginner adviser said on 12/18/2009 5:10:33 PM
    I own a Jet Ski operation in Panama City Florida and have since 2000. I get this all the time some guy walks up after renting and says" I think I will open a Jet Ski Rental Business!" Where do I begin? First off unless you have around $80,000 cash laying around forget it!! You must also be able to do all maintenance on these machines short of rebuilds yourself. Then there's the location, at most beach's in Florida that allow rentals you can figure on coughing up $15 to $25,000 dollars per spot!! Then you are limited to how many machines you can run per feet of Beachfront at your resort. Then you will need a 4x4 vehicle to drag them that will eat away at the bottom of the skis $200 per waverunner to repair every season. Insurance will stop 99% of the DREAMERS out there, there are only 2 companies in the U.S. that even write this sort of policy and if you have never owned a Jet Ski Rental business in the past you probably don't qualify and if you somehow do get in figure on approx $4,000 per machine for coverage 25% upfront with 4 payments! You need a minimum of 4 to break even just so you know. figure $1000 to $2000 each machine for repairs as rental are not covered under factory warranty as well! I personally run 9 machines and must make $200,000 per year just to pay all the bills and net $80,000 and I must do all of this in 5 months out of the year ( 7 days a week straight!) that means from march thru August I work from sun upto sun down no breaks and no life except my business. then there is the added bonus of being in the sun every day for 12 hours here in Florida. If you forget to coat on the sunblock 5 times a day you will be seeing the dermatologist scalpel up close and personal as he cuts off inflamed cartilage and sunspots for biopsy, what a great time!! Sorry if I paint a grim picture but not just any bozo off the street can throw a few old skis in the water and call it a business!! that my friends it not how it works at all! My advice to you is buy an established rental business from a company with a great safety record and stability in one spot. You should only pay 10 months of revenue and all machinery is depreciated at 20% each year of age period! My business for example would sell for $246,000 that's it! nine machine that are two years old and ten months of sales DON"T GET RIPPED OFF by someone who attaches emotions to their business. I see these ad's all over the net for ridiculous asking prices all you are doing is taking over a lease paying the ten months and equipment depreciated worth it's real simple. Think long and hard before diving in people! Good luck!
  • 22. rashid.s said on 12/28/2009 11:28:38 AM
    I am canadian of zanzibar origin i fed off with western life and i'm deciding to go back home in zanzibar paradise island. i have location on the beach. i'm mechanic in prof, so opening jet ski business and other water sports is "knife in a butter" i'm looking for partner who is willing to share with me i can afford four jet ski and this is free location in my home town ZANZIBAR EAST AFRICA. anyone?
  • 23. Amiri said on 2/1/2010 1:27:59 PM
    I am really glad I came across your article Scott. Scott, you are the only one who has put true numbers out there. I will say though, I'm not feeling too sorry for you considering you work 5 months out of the year and net $80,000.00. :) Remember $80,000 for a business owner is $80,000.00. $80,000 for an employee is somewhere in the vicinity of $65,000.00 (Less to write off). I agree starting any business usually takes some up front cost but $80,000.00 is not a heck of a lot of money. I think the hard part as you have mentioned is getting the insurance and location. Also consider that America is much more stringent then many other countries. I am a native NY so I do understand the pain here... I am a young entrepreneur and investor and I am looking at many options at making additional wealth. I wish many blessings on all who are trying to live out there dream job!
  • 24. JUSTIN DOSSEY said on 3/8/2010 11:08:50 AM
    ME AND MY WIFE AND ANOTHER COUPLE WERE REALLY GOOD FRIENDS ARE GOING TO BE MOVING DOWN TO THE DESTIN FL AREA WITHIN A YEAR TO STARTUP OUR OWN JETSKI/PONTOON/PARA-SAILING RENTAL COMPANY. I APPRECIATE EVERYONES ENTRIES THEY REALLY HELP, BUT IM CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY ONLINE PLACES TO GET CHEAPER NEW JET SKIS. WE KNOW THEY WILL STILL BE PRETTY EXPENSIVE REGARDLESS BUT WE WANT THE BEST DEALS POSSIBLE! ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
  • 25. Mike Glanville said on 3/17/2010 5:33:16 AM
    My company manufacturers a Jet Ski alternative product, a personal Hovercraft in Southampton UK. We currently offer dealer discounts to rental operators who offer hovercraft rides. Hovercraft can be used on land as well as on water, or any flat surface, see videos at hovpod.com Rental operators can sell Hov Pods to leisure, commercial, rescue and military customers as broker or dealer. We offer training and sales/marketing support. Hov Pods are very addictive since you fly at a height of 9 inches above the surface at speeds up to 40 mph.
  • 26. craig said on 3/31/2010 2:46:40 PM
    i am setting up a jet ski hire business on the cost of england. Can anyone give me an idea on how much insurance would cost for 4 jetskis and how much running cost for 1 jetski per day
  • 27. Stu said on 4/14/2010 6:53:27 AM
    Scott thanks very much for your input, i would very much like to talk to you about this more i would appreciate your feedback my email is airwalk16@hotmail.com thanks in advance Stu
  • 28. Sk Hasan said on 4/20/2010 3:47:01 AM
    I just started JET SKI rental business in Cox's Bazar Sea Beach, Chittagong, Bangladesh. Right now I have only one Yamaha Waver Runner. I do not understand for long run rental JetSki Business is good or not. I do not have much money to bye more but In Bangladesh ( Cox's Bazar Sea Beach ) there is a good prospect. If any one interested to invest and establish a JetJki club in this area please write to me... Thank you and looking forward to hear from you soon. Best Regards, Sk Hasan
  • 29. Sk Hasan said on 4/20/2010 3:58:38 AM
    Please note that there is no JET SKI club in Cox's Bazar Sea Beach ( Chittagong, Bangladesh ). If any one interested to invest to open this kind of club please write to me, As I am very much interested but do not have enough money. Looking forward to hear from you soon. Best Regards, Sk Hasan
  • 30. kamal said on 4/21/2010 10:51:33 AM
    i want to set up a jet ski rental in puri beach located in the state of orissa india plz advice.
  • 31. Mo Uddin said on 4/26/2010 5:44:59 PM
    #30.Sk Hasan, I am very interested in making contact with you, I dont know how to contact you directly! Please email me so we can further this discussion... Many thanks
  • 32. Desiree said on 5/1/2010 11:10:22 PM
    My husband and I are trying to start a jet ski rental in fort myers, fl. we have the start up cost covered, but we really aren't sure where to begin. any info on where to find out what the regulations are as far as insurance requirements ect would be very helpful. anyone with any insight can email me at peaches61@rocketmail.com just put 'jet ski' in the subject line. thanks :)
  • 33. Nicholas said on 5/3/2010 6:02:02 PM
    I am interested in starting a jetski business in the Caribbean. I can attain the jetski, and take care of the marketing, I just need someone who understands the laws of incorporating and the tax side. Also if you have some capital to contribute along with my contribution all the better. If anyone is willing to relocate to Southern Caribbean and would like to partner up you can email me at scaribbean@hotmail.com. My goal is to make this the best rental business on the beach. Wanting to open by March of next year at the latest.
  • 34. Wil said on 5/27/2010 1:34:07 AM
    I have given serious thought to opening a rental business. Starting with at least one location, with the prospect of adding new locations yearly. Yes there is a Great Deal of potential here, several major bass tournaments yearly; majority of earnings would be seasonal. Very good potential for sponsorship at several of the area resorts. IF anyone may be interested, feel free to contact me @ shadowspec31@yahoo.com. Best of Luck, Wil
  • 35. J said on 5/27/2010 2:38:42 PM
    San Francisco, CA. Hey Scott, thanks for the plain truth reality check you posted up there. Lots of information to chew on. J
  • 36. Tom said on 6/4/2010 6:08:49 AM
    Scott almost had it correct. $80,000 is what you need to purchase at least 7 skis. Insurance is about $1700 per year per ski. So multiply 7x$1700 and u have an idea of total cost per ski. Then you have to get EACH ski permitted, depending on location can be from $90-$200. Multiply that by 7 minimum. Location. The key is location. You want the best, so be prepared to pay. Top locations in panama city start out at $35000 per year (8 months PER BEACH) and you're only allowed one ski per 200 feet of beach. That means you may need up to 5 beaches to carry 7-10 skis. Gas is around $400 PER DAY. And you need at least 2 employees plus yourself at 10% each of total sales per day, usually paid in cash. Plan on breaking even the first year, assuming none of the skis get damaged, that's not likely. Save your money. Invest in a Roth Ira. You'll come out better in the long run.
  • 37. Stephen Henderson said on 6/15/2010 4:07:49 PM
    My partner and I are from London, ON, Canada. Looking to open a jet ski rental on the shore of lake huron in Grand Bend, ON or Lake Erie, Port Stanley ON. Very little to no competition in either location. However my question is this...Do you need years of experience in this feild to get your equipment insured? Appreciate your time. Thanks
  • 38. Tim said on 6/26/2010 7:35:52 PM
    actually.. opening a jet ski business is not that hard to make. i started with 1 jet ski about 3 years ago and now i have about 15 skis in my inventory. i dont have insurance, no license, i just get them and drop them in the water. i charge 100.00$ an hour and in the summer season i have about 12 skis on the lake... every weekend for about 5 hrs a day. I make about 12,000 gross profit before i pay my employees. I make my customers sign a wavier form. I make about 240,000 a season gross profit. THE BEST AND EASIEST BUSINESS OUT THERE.
  • 39. Stacy said on 7/9/2010 12:22:11 AM
    Tim...I was curious about what state you are in and how you keep from getting fined with no license? Do you do any advertising or do people just kind of stumble upon your business? I would love to start a business like yours up but in my current location I dont feel it will be as successful as yours.
  • 40. jack said on 7/14/2010 2:48:25 PM
    tim, thanks for ur info......can u tell me where i can get a waiver form...i'm starting the business next summer in texas
  • 41. sean said on 7/27/2010 12:16:19 PM
    opened a ski rental business in rhode island $150 per hr drop them in at public ramp and they line up 20 deep waiting cash only !!! show them a 10 minute safety video on a laptop they sign a waiver hand then life vests and they are off 3 months to do business in new england jun july aug if it doesn't rain . I have all used rebuilt machines your crazy giving people with no experience new machines. also they have 2 keys 1 key keeps them at 40 mph thats fast enough. all repairs myself invested total $15,000 in 4 machines and two double trailers and registrations for machines and trailers i took home $72,000 profit last year
  • 42. Redski said on 8/8/2010 9:09:34 AM
    Scott and Tim opposite universes for info. Thanks for the posts . I live in a GREAT place to open a business AND can keep them 'skis serviced myself. Anyone want to be the STRAW MAN in an operation wherein YOU are the one sued and have no assets to lose? Let me know. I have SIX ski's ready to rent and a GREAT location . 864-985-1774
  • 43. Tony said on 8/11/2010 4:06:11 PM
    I am looking to start a waverunner business in fort myers or even clearwater fl. area. I am looking for someone to partner up with me. We would split everything 50/50. Anyone interested? Thanks...
  • 44. Andy said on 8/21/2010 4:02:56 PM
    Hi guys the waiver is certainly the way to go. A jet ski and quad bike safari is something I have always wanted to set up as there are so many awful companies out there. As everyone agrees the location is crucial. If you can find the right location with great customer service you have cracked it. Email me at andy@sleekmedia.co.uk if you currently own a business or may be looking in to a joint venture. Cheers and good luck.
  • 45. Louis osborne said on 8/30/2010 7:09:37 PM
    Ive just got back to England from Aruba on holiday, I've been thinking for a long time about opening a jet ski rental center in somewhere like the Caribbean and going to Aruba has made my mind up! There was 12 jetskis at this section of beach, and they were fully booked up from 9:30 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon at $65 for 30mins! So I desperately want as much info as possible! Mainly how to look for the location as the spot in Aruba just seemed perfect, so how do you find a great spot that hasn't all ready been taken,?????
  • 46. G said on 8/30/2010 7:17:09 PM
    Whats the biggest maintenance problems with a jet ski? Mark I think thats A good question.. That's what's missing and I would also like to know what types of jet skis are out there for rental do you usually dont have them going faster then 40mph? isn't that to fast for complete strangers toward jet skis?
  • 47. Louis osborne said on 8/30/2010 8:14:57 PM
    My email is. Osborne.louis@ymail.com. I need any info from any1 please on how to start up! Also I've tried emailing Nicholas the guy who is starting up in the Caribbean and I can't seem to email the address that is on this page so can you please email me as I'm very interested in what you are doing!!!!
  • 48. Amine said on 9/7/2010 4:49:48 PM
    I'm Amine and I have given serious thought to opening a rental business in Marocco. Starting with at least one location, with the prospect of adding new locations yearly, The location and the permits is not a problem, I am looking for a partnership, I own already some jet skis and have experiences also with renal. if you have some capital to contribute along with my contribution all the better. If anyone is willing to relocate to (Plage Blanch)south of Marocco and would like to partner up you can email me at sahara079@hotmail.com Thank you
  • 49. Peter said on 9/8/2010 3:35:26 PM
    I'd love to know where Tim is from. You can email me at pdestefa@hotmail.co.uk. I already have three machines of my own and am looking to rent them out. I figure if I have good machines why not? If anyone is interested and knows how to set this stuff up in the Caribbean let me know.
  • 50. James said on 10/5/2010 6:58:51 PM
    To all I have worked for a jetski rental company for three years on the Outer Banks NC. All of which I have been a supervisor or manager. I am now the mechanic after attending a year at MMI (Marine Mechanics Institute). I have dealt with all the challenges that occur on a day to day basis and know the works of the rental buisness. I am still currently working with the same company but am looking for new opportunities. I am not looking to start a buisness but am willing to help in the process of someone else starting a buisness. If any one is at all interested shoot me an email and see if something could work out.JGarnett97@yahoo.com is my email
  • 51. sola said on 10/21/2010 4:28:14 AM
    This is a very good forum for all of us. Our company designed several types jetski only sell 5600 USD each pcs. For buying the jetski, the most important is the engine. And our jetski information are following:
    These CE approved products are used original 1400CC 4 stroke Suzuki engine (aluminous material, empty camshaft, mute chain system, powerful), which is definitely a guaranty of stable and excellent performance. They are really sexy. Cell:0086-18970206897, e-mail: susan@hisongroup.com, Website:www.hisonjetski.com, You can just see them
  • 52. Susan said on 10/23/2010 12:01:00 PM
    I am in the beginning stages of opening a boat and Seadoo rental business. We are inland Florida and there is only one rental company in town. They are not very reliable and their equipment is not maintained. I know this because I work for a marine dealership and my husband and I own a small marine repair shop and we do many repairs on this company's boats and Seadoos. One advantage I have is I'm already established with owned property and building and own several boats that would be great for rental in the area including a pontoon and a couple of small bass boats. I bought my first Seadoo (yes used, but will be a fresh rebuild). My husband does outboard, inboard AND fiberglass repair. This summer he repaired 4 wrecked PWC's including 2 t-boned, one front end and one brand new Seadoo with the bottom torn up. Our business will also benefit from his skills as we will not have to go outside and pay full price for any repairs.
  • 53. Susan said on 10/23/2010 12:05:08 PM
    As for Michaels comment on MMI. It's a great start but education is limited in the real world of outboard and PWC repair. Either you have the knack or you don't. I would love to talk with an already established rental company for advice. Thanks aquaventure@yahoo.com.
  • 54. Josh said on 12/1/2010 5:46:26 PM
    I'm looking to work at and possibly get into a small jet ski or party boat type of business outside of the U.S. Has anyone here worked in such an environment or researched what country/Islands are the easiest to do such a thing considering insurance and regulations? jburnett66@hotmail.com
  • 55. Todd said on 12/3/2010 11:46:14 PM
    I have owned and operated my Jet ski Rental company for 12 years. I run 40-50 skis and have been doing lease contracts with marinas for 4 years, This is where I supply all the skis and training on how to run a jet ski rental company for a percentage of the gross turn over. The location is the most important part (and only thing that matters) of the business!!! Everything else can is a matter of experience, knowledge and know how. I am looking for new partners in new locations to start up. If you think you have the perfect location but lack everything else, then email me. You better be prepared to work hard, and learn fast because then you won't need me and will be able to make the real money in JET SKI RENTALS!!!! captainmanno@gmail.com
  • 56. shahab said on 12/24/2010 11:57:35 PM
    hi ,i would like to open jetski rental company in saudi arabia.i want to start at least with 4 jet ski, the municipality are giving me 4 location and i must choose one , i show jet ski companys like seadoo,kawazaki,yamaha, i dont know which one is good for this job, please inform me if there is any other brand of jet ski, thanks
  • 57. Les said on 12/31/2010 11:12:13 PM
    Hi, I own a Jet Ski Touring company in Adelaide South Australia. We currently are the only Ski company that deals with the public and have the only licensing to operate in the metro waters.. We may be thinking of selling the company in the near future. If this interests you drop me an Email to see what options we may work out... Cheers.. info@sajetskitours.com.au
  • 58. Kent said on 1/9/2011 12:14:30 PM
    Hi, I own a jet ski, water sports tour and rental company in Costa Rica. My current inventory consist of 7 Yamaha Waverunners, 7 kayaks (three doubles and 4 singles) complete with seats and paddles, snorkel gear for up to twenty people, 4 boogie boards, 30 life jackets, 1 custom 25ft rigid hull inflatable (used for water taxi, snorkel tours and parasail boat shuttle)and 1 36ft custom Parasail boat.

We currently have 5 full time employees and 3 part time which includes the office. We are opening a new office on the main street of town which will increase our annual revenue along with our new website that will be operational by the end of January. The companies current net worth is around $270k in assets, not including the permits, license and the other mounds of paperwork I had to do to start this company in a third world country! We are looking for a solid investor/partner with good credit to start the Yamaha Lease Program with the local dealer. The demand for jet ski rentals in our area is a goldmine. I get calls from Four Seasons, Hilton and RIU's resorts everyday that I can't fulfill. Anyone interested in more info please contact me. TriStarEvents@cox.net
  • 59. Parker said on 1/28/2011 11:49:58 AM
    I own a Jet Ski rental company in San Pedro, Belize. My inventory consist of 8 Yamaha VX Deluxe waverunners and 2 Sea Doo GTI 130's. I am the only Jet ski rental on the island. I need to sell my business with the staff, which will include a full time mechanic, for personal reasons. If any one interested you can email me @ parker@sanpedrowatersports.com
  • 60. JetSkiSteve said on 3/2/2011 1:34:32 PM
    I'm located in Tampa/Clearwater Florida. If anyone needs anything done like locations researched, contacts made or even interested possible Jet Ski Rental partnership, drop me an email! See ya at the Beach! Steve Baumwerk@aol.com
  • 61. Scott beginner adviser said on 3/8/2011 10:15:53 AM
    Tim, You are a knucklehead! You have to have insurance for your business and a license, period. When a serious accident occurs, and the law enforcement officers show up ,pack your bags because your going away for a long time! Not to mention the lawsuits that will follow. This is the wrong person to be asking advise from, not to mention he is breaking the law. Think about it people. Tim you also need a math class here you go 15 x 100 = 1500 x 5 hours = $7500 deduct fuel @ $15 per machine = $1125 minus labor I'm gonna guess 2 unskilled beachbum under the table types 5 hours plus 2 hours for setup and breakdown time thats 14 hours labor @ average $10.00 $140.00 misc to include repairs( you do have to keep them running )$50 per day and your not sitting there for free at minimum $100 per day that comes to $1415 per day that leaves $6085 and you do have to pay taxes believe it or not 18% easy! drops your daily (which I doubt is true) to $4990. You mentioned a waiver, wrong!! You don't carry INSURANCE so any waiver they sign is not legal! Either get the insurance required or stop what your doing before someone get's killed!
  • 62. joshuah said on 3/11/2011 12:25:48 PM
    To Todd Jet ski rental company Guy. I have a decent location on the Ohio river and am looking to open up a ski rental gig drop me a line and let me know what your costs i currently own a trucking co and need a wright off for it...joshuah40@yahoo.com
  • 63. Rob K said on 3/19/2011 4:40:13 PM
    Hoboken, NJ (Hudson River), Robert@gsrg.com, Any chance Scott or others could offer the names of the two insurance carriers.
  • 64. Grant said on 3/30/2011 1:35:36 PM
    Live in the Mecca of watersports, Key west, FL, have a partner in the caribe, local with watersports lic., great Cruise traffic, new, O competition for all aspects, very close to funding but any potential partners might ease the pain, NO taxes, limited Ins. Happy Trails
  • 65. lower LA said on 4/11/2011 11:31:49 PM
    Great Information from some.......great entertainment from others! We have the machines, location, and our insurance intact, however....NOBODY has actually listed a company through which I can offer rental insurance to renters. Ready to open any day...last detail....insurance company name servicing ALABAMA will be greatly appreciated.
  • 66. Chris moogalian said on 4/24/2011 2:31:27 PM
    Hey guys I am looking to start a jet ski rental business also. I am looking to launch about one year from now/ somewhere along the carolina georgia coast- don't know what the names of the insurance providers are/ and who has done a mobile business before? I pull up on the beach w 4 skis and a for rent sighn- pros and cons for this idea would b helpful. Thanks
  • 67. Dawn Francis said on 4/26/2011 5:01:49 PM
    Dominica West Indies. Hi I am interested in starting up a jet ski rental business, I however need some form of security in shutting off and monitoring the skis while they are out especially if they get off the skiing zones. Any ideas
  • 68. newman said on 5/16/2011 11:40:11 AM
    hi, I work in this jet ski business for years, and always wanted to start my own i already have a good spot on the beach in jamaica where tourist visit every day wanted the service. i'm now looking a partner to make this possible, so if you want to join email me at this address fbncll390@gmail.com
  • 69. Karan said on 5/17/2011 1:04:49 PM
    Hi, I want to start a jet ski & parasailing business in southern part of India. I look forward your valuable suggestion. Kindly revert back to me My mail id karans380@gmail.com. Karan S India
  • 70. shazly said on 5/21/2011 6:31:58 PM
    hi every body i have my business here in egypt in sharm el shaik and hurghada and its water sport company and my work for the wind surf and kite surf, i looking for one partner with me in my business and you are welcome here to see all what i have here. if one have the interesting just email me on watersport3s@hotmail.com
  • 71. Nicole said on 5/24/2011 7:27:44 AM
    I have owned a jet ski rental in the keys and it is not easy.
    Scott - I truly appreciate your input and you definitely have a good business sense and input. I had an accident and the waiver of liability included in the rental contract agreement didn't matter in the end when the renter hired an attorney specializing in boating related accidents. The insurance company is now bankrupt and the totalled ski was never replaced. The attorney sued everyone involved in the business and it required 7 trips to court by the time all was said and done! I am wondering (probably from Scott) if you can tell me who you are using for an insurance carrier and if you are a member of NACWO? I am also wondering if you know a General Liability carrier who will provide coverage for unguided rentals. The rules in Florida are different than most other states in that most carriers cannot offer this kind of coverage in Florida. I did multiple day rentals in Massachusetts but the carrier cannot provide in FLorida. Thanks all - Good Luck!
  • 72. Michele-Insurance Broker said on 6/10/2011 2:56:18 PM
    Boston, MA. Scott, Kudos to you. I just got a call from a client that is all gung-ho on starting a jet-ski rental business. Bodily Injury is obviously a huge exposure and the insurance companies that will even look at this type of business to consider writing it, are going to charge a hefty premium. I told him he can expect to pay thousands per jet ski on his and the carrier is going to require an iron-clad contract and there will be an abundance of terms, conditions and exclusions. This is not the type of business that insurance companies have an appetite for. I'm marketing it now to various carriers and I think my client is going to fall off his chair. Great information Scott!!! Thank you, ~Michele
  • 73. Heiner Hartwich said on 6/25/2011 10:53:34 AM
    Hello, I am writing to you from Luxembourg, Europe. Ready to move on in business life. Jet ski seems the perfect sector for my son and me to go into. We are looking at any location (India, Africa, South-East Asia, Caribbean, etc...). Anybody currently looking for a financial and "hand-on" partner (except mechanical skills) please let us know at h.hartwich@vo.lu. We will answer all serious mails.
  • 74. Kevin beginner adviser said on 7/20/2011 7:20:29 PM
    I owned a jet ski rental biz for about 10 years. It's not as easy as buying some ski's, life vest and opening the doors. Most locations are very seasonal, therefore, you need to make sure you're gonna have enough traffic to make your money from March to August and a few odd weeks in between(Christmas, Thanksgiving etc) However, if you have a good location and buy new equipment(to avoid repairs and can get a warranty if they're in your name and not the companies), it can be a profitable, cash business. When I sold 5 years ago, I know insurance was getting hard to come by unless you had proven experience. You also must advertise unless you can find a location with enough street traffic or resort traffic to support you. I was fortunate enough to have both. I'd be glad to consult for a fee :)
  • 75. Kevin M said on 7/28/2011 9:32:42 PM
    Does anyone know where I can find a template to use for a rental agreement? Also, what other sort of documents and forms would be helpful in starting my business? Thanks for any help you can provide
  • 76. ken said on 7/30/2011 12:44:46 AM
    I am in boynton beach florida and have been thinking of opening a wavernner business I am looking for someone with capital to start the business but have good ideas like 2 for one rentals and buy one rental get one free people always want a deal and a great way to get started........why does it have to be so expensive I bet people with not so much money would love to ride for a half hour for 40 bucks .........other than 75 let me know if interested lets make it fun for everyone
  • 77. ken said on 7/30/2011 12:53:43 AM
    kencrowley40@yahoo.com in boynton beach florida u put up the capital i will put in the work and hours to make us lots of money maybe give the best prices in town but sometimes it is better to have waverunners in the water all day then on the dock........
  • 78. rob said on 8/8/2011 4:34:21 PM
    I have been wanting to open a jet ski business my whole life. I believe the ocean is free and playing on it should be as well..I guess i'm curious to know if its cheaper in the U.S. or like someone said above some cruise ship ports?? I have so many ideas for this business I cant imagine it would fail..I'm looking around to see how much it is to buy a business or start brand new? If anyone would like to hire me please let me know.
  • 79. carlos said on 8/8/2011 7:54:54 PM
    i'm interested to buy this business in florida! i got the money i'm not joking around if someone know about somebody please e mail me with a phone number thanks.
  • 80. experienced beginner adviser said on 8/9/2011 9:15:27 PM
    Everyone here wanting to start a business in the Jetski rental business better do lots of research before wanting to start. I have been doing this a long time. Believe me when I say it takes a lot of dedication to have your business. For the guy wanting to do cheap rentals on the beach. I guarantee that doing cheap rentals will not help you. Especially for $40 Dollars. When you find out how much insurance is and what you will have to pay to be on a beach if you can even pull that off you will change your mind quickly. You have to get a permit to be on a beach with a business, and even getting one for what you want to do is hard to get. Most counties don't allow it and some have limited permits they can give. Then there are waiting lists with people already that have the same idea. As far as doing it mobile. There is no insurance that will do it anymore. I did a few years back. And the company went belly up. Florida has strict rules and you must have a location. There are courses you have to do and you have to become a member of Nacwo. They also inspect you. It's pretty crazy all the rules they have. Thing is that these days everybody sues everybody and no matter what great insurance you have and you think your covered your not. But back to the point about cheap rentals. You want everyone to have fun at a low price. Especially those who don't have a lot of money. Well it's going to be the one time that the person you let rent with no money wrecks your ski or does really bad hull damage or turns your ski over and doesn't know what to do. And they are responsible for any damage. They won't have the money to pay the $1000 damage or more and your screwed with a jacked ski. Plus you aren't making enough money to put aside for this situation then your losing more money cause the ski is sitting damaged. It doesn't matter how new the ski because they all are expensive to fix. Hopefully you have some mechanical background or know someone that doesn't charge to much as well. I hate to sound negative but every business has it's down falls. You have to be smart and have capital. You can have great low rates but it doesn't matter if they have lots of money or no money your going to get screwed in the end. From my start ups and running a business yr round your going to need at least $60-$80k up front to start. Work everyday for 8-10 Hrs and for 6-7 months out of the yr to pull in a good paycheck. I couldn't say how much you will make but it depends on your work ethic and what you put into it and if you have help and advertise your butt off plus need I say Location Location Location!!!
  • 81. Anthony said on 8/16/2011 7:50:15 PM
    Looking For Partner for Hawaii PWC rental business. I am a certified pwc mechanic that has worked on all of the pwcs of the rental company here and now I would like to start my own. Please contact me with questions at: anthonytello@gmail.com
  • 82. Kamanga said on 8/23/2011 4:21:58 AM
    Hello guys First and foremost this has been a really really useful thread to read. Thank you. I own a company called distanthorizons watersports based in Dar-es-salaam Tanzania. As we speak we got 4 jet skis arriving but looking for someone to help us run and increase capacity more jet skis, kayaks etc. The opportunities are here as there is no water sports company on the Tanzanian coast. Those interested please stay in touch. kamanga.kapinga@distanthorizons.co.tz
  • 83. Jonathan said on 9/21/2011 3:42:46 PM
    Hey guys, I am wanting to start a jet ski rental in Texas. Can anyone tell me the names of some insurance places to call? Who writes these kind of polices?
  • 84. shiiraan said on 10/1/2011 12:57:25 PM
    Hi I am planning to start a jet ski and water sports company in the tourist area south of beautiful paradise island Sri Lanka .Anyone interested to join in as a partner can get in touch with me . Great potential.My e-mail add. shiiraan@gmail.com
  • 85. jordan said on 10/7/2011 6:09:48 AM
    i have always love the jetski it my passion my goal and ambition to start my own jetski brand and move on from there and make it bigger i am 15 yr old and want to start my business and get bigger from there by 16 i hope some give me and advice and tips on how to start up at this age how i can expand it how i can i manage it and so on if you have any ideas please email me and reply thank you :).
  • 86. cyrillefrenchy said on 10/8/2011 10:30:38 PM
    frenchys jetski & boat rentals st pete beach florida. i just found this website and read with a lot of attention many posts and i agree 100 % with scott about the difficulty to run a business like that. i moved from france to florida to buy and run a jetski rental business 10 years ago and i started with 1 ski and 1 powerboat and i discovered what is a seasonal business .like scott said, march to august 7 days a week 12 hours a day and i grew up to 9 skis and 10 powerboats as of today. the only way i made it thru and still doing good is because working every days does not scare me and also because i do all the maintenance myself as a previous automobile mechanic in the past. without these mechanic skill i would be closed today and a long time ago. maintenance, gas and insurance are the biggest expenses posts, a lot more that it should be.as the season is short even in florida you have to have all your machines in perfect working conditions all the time or you loose too much that is why you have to have new machines. all the competitors around me who tried to use used machines and do cheap prices did not make it very long, the latest survived 3 month and went back home "nacked". the best advise i can give you if you want to start a jetski rental business is to think more than once about everything and the most important is maybe the location, remember, 99.9% of peoples on vacation are going to eat in a restaurant,but only a minimal percentage of peoples want to rent a jetski. don't listen too much peoples saying it is an easy business to run, it is not, trust me, come to work with us one busy day on summer time and you will see. the only bright side of this business is you see 100% of your customers in bikini, that is all. excuse my "frenglish"
  • 87. cody roche said on 11/1/2011 6:40:23 PM
    Hey I live down in pheonix AZ. I have a dream on starting up from the ground a Rental company. I have worked with some of the worst rental companies to the biggest rental/tour companies in AZ. I have seen first hand the good and bad. (We had one person die on a ATV rental one time) and have had boats break down in the middle of the lake. I have experience driving houseboats and all. I know there is money to be made but you do need a lot to get it started. One company I worked for was at the best location ever. We had the shittiest jetskis and boats and high prices. But we had connections with hotels etc.. and that got us customers we were making on average 7000 to 8000 a day. I'm gonna try and start a company up possibly around AZ if anyone needs a business partner email me codyroche69@Hotmail.com thank you
  • 88. Dorathy Masri said on 11/17/2011 11:54:52 AM
    Many thanks for your information! Frankly speaking I have never come across anything that cool.
  • 89. good luck said on 2/8/2012 6:10:22 AM
    I have 2 locations on a lake in CA if i had to do this more than 5 months out of the year i would kill my self. my wife told me i wake her up in the middle of the night screening DONT RENT TO THEM. This is a business where you are trying to build your business and the customers are destroying it. I WATCH and monitor the rents at all times. if you dont you wont have a water craft left and the fun part is when they bump or crash in one anther trying to make them pay for the damage $500 to $8000 or more. when more then one ski goes out every other rental they bump each other even though you tell them till you are blue in the face to stay away from each other. when you telling them the rules all they want you to do is shut up and let them on the water craft. I have 2 locations on the water front . I have been doing this for 4 years. i though it was going to be like a Corona commercial setting on the beech in my chair watching my renters, hell no .every weekend for 8 weeks straight in the summer i will have 2 ski filp and sink half way, motor under water. Then a full time job refueling the skis. the skis hold 16 gallons, skis run 3 to 4 hrs on a tank. yamhas vx run 4 to 7 gallons per hr, seadoo gtis are 7 t0 11 gallons per hr .i have 16 skis and a 260 gallon tank in my tuck that only does one fill up on 16 skies . then for the after noon back to the gas station for 260 gallons for the after noon fill up. I really dont know how TIM does it with his 12 ski with out a location .I think some one would notice you refueling 12 skis .I pay $20,000 for 6 months policy with 25% down and 4 easy payments of 4,000 a month. and i dont carry replacement on the skis that would be anther $600 a ski for insurance. THE TAKE AWAY rentals are the worst. most of them like TIM dont carry insurance If he is making so much money why doesnt he buy some who is going to pay when his renter kills themselves or somebody else .Tim is going to lose every thing he owns when one persons get hurt or killed. there is a take away rental place in LA, IN THE LAST 4 years they have had 8 people die and he has insurance. Take always are the most dangerous rentals. people pick the ski up in town and gas and tow them to the lake and then all there friends ,family ride the ski, no lessons .What i have found out ,out of every group i have rented to there is a bad apple in every bunck, never fails ,luckily i am there to watch at all times or i know there would be people killed on my skis to, no dout
  • 90. harry said on 4/20/2012 4:15:26 PM
    thank you scott. [no21] that was bloodly great advise and has help me alot .i wish to go into this business soon. am in retail business already and may sell up soon. so i have good work ethic and aware of insurance and council regulation requirements. i wish it was easy to get into but it sound right from your advice how running this business can be financially stressful. maybe i should save my cash and have more holidays and chill instead
  • 91. jeff beginner adviser said on 5/21/2012 4:34:21 PM
    Cool, at least there are a few realist out there!!!! I opened my business in N. Michigan 21 yrs ago. It was difficult then, but now even after 20 yrs getting suitable insurance is NEARLY impossible. I live in an area of inland lakes and do off site deliveries. When the business was est. 1992, jet skis used to cost $2995.00 and insurance was, well a lot more reasonable than 2-day! Scott had a lot of great info, and seems to be in the "know", while some things vary for geographic location, most of what Scott said is applicable anywhere. I found out as of today, my previous Insurance Co. has been dissolved, even w/ 20 yrs experience and NEVER a claim it is virtually impossible to get insurance, let alone 10k a piece for skis today!!!! My season is very limited up here, June - Labor day. So for all you ppl thinking it is an easy gig......have at it, see you in Bankruptcy Court next yr!
  • 92. Andre said on 5/24/2012 11:33:32 AM
    Hey guys i have a 40 hour sea doo three sitter I am selling, I am in florida, west palm beach. I am asking 10k It comes with trailer, tree live vest and two water skies any one interested email me at Andrezapataemail@gmail.com
  • 93. Julie said on 5/29/2012 5:27:08 AM
    My husband & I are going to start a jet ski rental business in rockport tx .... we are researching in hopes of finding some good advice and possible mentor business to help in this process. We will of course be starting small as we figure out the business and because we plan on doing on-site rentals, we realize there might be additional things to think about as well. Hoping to get a response from someone with experience willing to help out a bit. thanks julie sunflwrjules@yahoo.com
  • 94. ray said on 7/2/2012 11:23:57 AM
    i would guess a jet ski business would not want competition. i have spoke to several owners face to face they were very exited to talk about their business. they told me it was a great business if you could find a good location.
  • 95. david beginner adviser said on 7/9/2012 5:09:33 AM
    Scott, thanks for your experienced insight. Tim, thanks for... dude, get a license and talk to an attorney! I have a small business in south Alabama, just opened not too long ago. Liability insurance on the skis' is affordable, license is easily affordable. I hold a degree in PWC repair and have two good used skis. I have a waiver that my attorney has looked at and a video that my customers MUST watch. Business is sketchy to say the least, but we will see where it goes from here. Once again, thanks Scott.
  • 96. mak said on 7/11/2012 11:19:59 PM
    i want to start my own ski business, i know my location but i dont know where to start or the please to call. i dont know how to get my license
  • 97. robert beginner adviser said on 7/20/2012 3:09:34 PM
    I don't get what everyone is bitching about...starting a business is hard, the hours are long, insurance is expensive, gas prices are going up...that's just the way it is. Just because it is hard to get into doesn't mean it's not worth getting into. With that attitude, might as well not attempt anything in life. And to whoever said 8 skis will cost $80k...umm...you can find nice pre-owned skis for $5k all day long. Plus if you're buying the old 2 strokes, maintaining them isn't as expensive as the new 4-strokes.

For those of you thinking of starting one: Do you own a jetski? If not, buy one and ride it and learn all you can about jetskis. All your business ideas aren't going to be worth a damn unless you have an idea of what your product is. If you're going to be putting in all this hard work and money you better make sure you LOVE jestkiing or else your heart will not be in the business and you won't last.
  • 98. Jet Ski Business For Sale said on 9/6/2012 6:08:29 PM
    Hey guys. We have a jet ski business in Los Angeles, CA for sale. It makes $270K per year gross and we have eight 2012 SeaDoo Jet Skis. We Net roughly $180K per year. We are in the process of expanding the business now, but were recently presented with a better investment opportunity. Therefore, we are looking to sell this business. If you are interested in buying, please post your contact info. We are looking for about $250K.
  • 99. Esq. said on 10/3/2012 1:58:15 PM
    Just make sure you are familiar with the state statutes, especially if you live in Florida. There are specific laws for liveries (those who rent vessels), i.e. the person doing the demonstration to potential renters must have a NASBLA approved certificate (Florida Boater Safety card qualifies); specific things to be taught to renters, etc.... Also, per agreement with the FWC, the operator must have a Livery Operator's Certificate. FYI- In lieu of watching the video, you can post the FWC poster now. Go to Fla. Statutes Ch. 327 and become VERY familiar with it.
  • 100. RHODY beginner adviser said on 10/12/2012 4:53:58 PM
    i rent seadoos in rhode island on weekends only for three months jun jul aug fri sat and sun only 8-5 pm for $100/hr...i'm in narragansett every weekend and have two skis on a trailer ..put in at a public launch for free.. pd $8000.00 for both on the trailer spend about 150.00 on gas per weekend insurance is $1000.00 ea per year and do repairs myself ,,advertising is free people at the beach are watching them all day long and line up with cash . last year i started taking reservations via text for return customers and sold out all summer last year i made $45, 000 cash after repairs and gas not bad for 3 months
  • 101. Tony said on 10/13/2012 12:37:23 AM
    Very interested in starting a jet ski business, have the jet skis just looking for a place to put them, anyone have any ideas, ready to move 604 928 6620
  • 102. martin said on 12/10/2012 12:37:01 PM
    hello am looking for a partners for a jet ski operation in Puerto Rico. I have 4 2009 Yamaha waveruners and the perfect waters and access. to permits I started 20 years ago as a hobby now I wanted to make a business. I have the perfect Caribbean waters is breath taking and the perfect place for tours and snorkeling if any body interested please give me a call at 939 279 7697 or e mail me at martinginel.mjg@Gmail.com
  • 103. david said on 2/8/2013 8:23:50 AM
    as i always say before starting any business know your laws and do lots of research, location matters and advertising, start small then if it dont work your really not out much, test the waters before diving in
  • 104. jai said on 3/4/2013 7:32:10 PM
    hmmm the big business guys who failed seemed so negative advising based on their business such as scott... gave great info but he didnt once mention his profit... if things are so bad why didnt u quit.... robert was most accurate on advise here... i'm interested in opening my own business & i must say thank robert.. for bearing down right realistic n not kill our moods with negative failing thoughts....
  • 105. Jet Ski Brian said on 3/15/2013 6:36:28 AM
    I have been Jet Ski Fishing for over ten years. I am going to start a jet ski fishing and eco tours guide business this year. 3-4 hours trips in the Chesapeake Bay and along coastal Virginia on custom rigged pwc's. I want people to experience more than just going in circles. Reading these responses has helped me think through some of the details. I still have some detail and legal work to get straight. I have a blog www.jetskibrian.com that I post a lot of my fishing trips on.
  • 106. martin said on 4/9/2013 10:39:48 PM
    hello again am still looking for a partner for a jet ski business in pr i have the connection and for skis and 20 years of experience with a partner wr could ged permits for the south coast ponce to caborojo if intrusted please get in touch with me
  • 107. Emily said on 4/11/2013 8:13:49 AM
    Hello guys! We are currently researching about that business. And we plan to start either this summer or the next one, depending on many factors such as insurance and getting licenses. We are looking for partners in Europe. Please contact us at emilija.alijeva@yahoo.com if interested. Kind Regards
  • 108. Emily said on 4/11/2013 8:24:18 AM
    @Martin, you did not leave your details, please contact us back if you are still interested.
  • 109. newman said on 4/21/2013 10:19:35 AM
    Hello, I am i jamaica where tourism is booming now, i worked in water sports for yours, and have a rich experience in motorize and none motorize water sports activities. Am now seeking a partner to start up a parasail or a jet ski rental business here, i have the location and the experience, but low in capitals, so if any one who share this same interest please let me know. My email fbncll390@gmail.com
  • 110. TEP VIRAK said on 6/9/2013 11:34:45 PM
    Dear all friends, I hope you are all getting fine with your Jetski rental business. I am Cambodian, and I own Jetski rental business in SIHANOUK VILL BEACH, Kingdom of Cambodia, since January 2013. I have 6 Jetskis and two Boats, but not working well. I don't have an experience on it.I am now looking any one who can help me or be a partner to do this business here. Please let contact me via my email: virak_vdto@yahoo.com. Thank you all in advance. With best wish to you. Tep Virak.
  • 111. Rudolf said on 7/31/2013 11:25:16 PM
    Hello to all. i'm rudolf from Philippines.. i lived in Matabungkay beach, Lian, Batangas, Philippines where a lot of tourists visits us from different countries like S.Korea Japan, US and a lot more. we have cottages in front of the beach and we are so famous on our Floating Raft that are made from bamboos.i am looking for investors that can provide us a jetski rental business or any water sports business.jet ski is very popular here in our place and banana boat as well..my family wants this business but unfortunately we dont have that kind of money to afford,so if you are interested just email me at rudolf.a.bausas@gmail.com.
  • 112. Alexander said on 8/1/2013 1:23:03 PM
    Looking to find a partner experienced in the industry to go into business with. I have good Capital but little experience in this field. Plan to retire from current career and go into business for myself. Preferably looking to partner up with someone who has a location established, experienced with the equipment/maintenance and ready to expand. Contact me with your info at alexander.ryan91@gmail.com
  • 113. Aliasgar said on 9/20/2013 2:29:03 PM
    Located in Irvine CA 92614. I have an interest in funding one of following:
    1. Jetski school for all ages
    2. Storage facilities on / near beaches to reduce storage cost for jet ski operators
    3. Leasing jet ski to licensed / insured operators for a minimal fee
  • 114. Hammadi said on 10/15/2013 11:03:14 AM
    I'm starting Water Sports club soon in Dubai, UAE, where I rented a spot in a hotel, I will be the only watersports club in this area :) the Activities included in my water sport club are Jetski, kayak, wake boarding, skiing, banana, jet boards. Plus, I want to add kitesurfing and windsurfing But I didn't find good instructors for kitesurfing and windsurfing!! How many helpers do I need if I have 10 jet skis? Where is the best place to find talented people with experience to work with me? 00971507759494 / dubaisky@me.com
  • 115. Scott P> said on 10/31/2013 7:35:19 PM
    Very interesting reading. Appreciate everyone's input. I've been thinking about two locations in West Virginia, one along a quite river and another on a lake. It looks grim though if I cant get insurance with my only experience being operating one? I may have missed it in all of these post but what about water rescue? What if one of your customers takes a dump into the water and does not come back up? Small rural communities in West Virginia dont have lifeguards posted along rivers or lakes. Input appreciated.
  • 116. Steven said on 11/3/2013 11:46:55 AM
    Great thread! I have owned and operated my boat and jet ski rental business in Texas for over 7 years now. I am looking to expand my business outside of the U.S. mainly looking around the Caribbean. I have all equipment and knowledge on starting and operating this type of business but trying to lock down a location. If anyone knows or has connections in the Caribbean for a potential location for rentals, I am ready to go! May also consider partnership. Also possibly looking to sell my business in Texas within the next couple of years. Feel free to contact me with any info. naustin16@gmail.com
  • 117. Todd H said on 11/12/2013 11:42:44 AM
    good read, I've owned my rental for 11 years In Colorado, I too am interested in expanding southeast, Florida or further south, possibly a partnership situation would be ok, I too might sell in a couple of years as well, I'd like to expand my biz to a near full year operation, there are limitations to a season biz. the location and details of that location are key, maybe even more important then the equipment IMO, feel free to contact me info@theskishak.com
  • 118. sushil bhavsar said on 11/21/2013 12:05:06 AM
    Dear Sir, I would like to start jet ski rental business in Ladghar, Dapoli,dist Ratnagiri, Maharashtra, India so kindly suggest the business and the total investment for the same Thanks and regards. sushil 9699122122
  • 119. Jason said on 1/14/2014 9:40:50 AM
    Pls can I run a jet ski business on an artificially made lake?
  • 120. Prospectus said on 1/17/2014 4:06:56 PM
    Hello everyone... I am currently looking for anyone who can consult professionally on setting up a Jet Ski rental business and also for possible partnership with anyone interested in a new venture. Anyone with the right knowledge and verifiable experience are most welcome to contact me for further discussion noting that the venture | prospect will be located in South-East Asia. All Interested parties with necessary know-how, especially to those who are planning to journey down here soon or backpack this region throughout the coming summer, please do not hesitate in dropping me a note. Thanks for the tips people, and wish you all the best with your current & future undertakings. MY EMAIL – jetskirental@outlook.com
  • 121. Alicia D said on 1/24/2014 1:03:55 AM
    Hello, I have been involved in jet ski rental for the last 5 years and have a great opportunity in the South Pacific. I am seeking investors up to $200,000 and am able to supply cash flow forecasts and business plan. Please contact me for further information alicia@aliciadunn.com
  • 122. Glen said on 1/27/2014 1:22:47 PM
    Stay away from Jamaica right now. Jet skis are banned because someone died.
  • 123. Steven said on 3/18/2014 12:48:15 PM
    I am looking to sell my boat and jet ski rental business at the end of this season located near Austin, TX. Please contact me for more info. Serious buyers only.
  • 124. Ron said on 4/18/2014 9:46:15 PM
    looking for waiver and a company to get my skiis insured. Thanks for any help. Ron
  • 125. newman said on 4/26/2014 2:31:04 PM
    Hello everyone, I am well experienced in general water sports now seeking someone to partner with in jamaica for that business, so if you are thinking about water sports business in an area where tourism is booming please contact me: fbncll390@gmail.com.
  • 126. maya said on 6/18/2014 12:28:46 PM
    Hello everyone, I have a good business opportunity i sell 9 flyboard concessions in the all riviera maya in mexico. Good profits, Possibility to put jet ski for rent to increase profits. Revenue in cash at 80 to 100% .. If you are interested contact me : Onlycash00@gmail.com
  • 127. david marvel said on 7/7/2014 7:28:55 AM
    i will like to purchase jet ski from your company. Can i have a link that will take me directly to the types of jet ski that you carry with the prices attached to it. What types of payment do you accept? Have a nice day !
  • 128. Michael said on 7/29/2014 9:17:21 PM
    Rhody.. Get back with me at email .. Have questions. Endevours5@gmail.com
  • 129. Anthony said on 8/17/2014 9:14:33 PM
    I own and run a established jetski touring company in NYC - we are at Jettyjumpers.com I was thinking about selling , I have a awesome location (restaurant etc) we have 9 skies that are busy 7 days a week , I have return clients and a big following email me @ jettyjumpersinc@aol.com Lets talk. Anthony Stallone
  • 130. John Desouza said on 8/21/2014 2:00:58 AM
    Hello Everyone! it was a amazing to see many of you interesting in the jet ski water sport. I would like to invest in the thing if i like your business plan. So if anybody is interested just send me your detail business plan mentioning every thing within that right from location to set up cost. Even in India i like that country and have many sources over there as well. You can reach me @ johndesouza046@gmail.com
  • 131. milosh said on 8/29/2014 3:15:35 AM
    Hi, i have few questions.. I want to open jet ski rental business in South miami beach, and i'm wondering how much is the cost of renting a beach down there for 8-10 jet skies and can i start with 80000$?
  • 132. kim said on 9/2/2014 12:12:59 AM
    I have a pair of jet skis I would like 5 rent out. Where can I get info about ins and deposits TIA
  • 133. Andy said on 10/20/2014 8:15:57 AM
    Hey guys, I am thinking to open a jet ski rental on St Martin Island. I would go to the North side of the Island because this belongs to the EU. There are a few rental companies, but not many. Have someone any experience or info about insurance or how it goes to open a business over there? I am also an EU citizen. Thanks. Andy (manateediyclub@gmail.com)
  • 134. Chris said on 11/2/2014 2:24:16 PM
    I'm interested in selling my jet ski rental business in Florida. Everything is brand new from the floating dock to the 10 2015 jet skis. The location is the "Best" in Florida. Asking price $650k. Serious inquiries only please.
  • 135. peter said on 12/4/2014 9:33:23 PM
    Hello, I am a current business owner in the trucking industry {oil& gas}. I am looking to expand into the watercraft rental and charter business in the Caribbean. We are currently looking at Belize and the Bahamas. I have local contacts in both countries, and am looking for some advice/consultant on the industry. I have a base knowledge of both personal and private watercraft, and a sound business plan/design. I would appreciate any positive contact and am open to remuneration for services and or partnership possibilities. Please feel free to email at phmtransport@gmail.com
  • 136. Andrey said on 12/16/2014 1:45:11 PM
    Anyone interested in starting a rental in Los Angeles? There's lots of marinas along the coast. Everything would be split 50/50.
  • 137. Andy said on 3/4/2015 7:18:56 PM
    Hey Guys, I need some help.... I got here a 17 pages General Applicant Information form from First Flight Insurance. Could anyone help me to fill this out? This going to be a Jet Ski, Motor Boat and Kayak Rental Business. Questions are just unbelievable.... :) Or any other suggestion for Insurance Company. Thanks manateediyclub@gmail.com)
  • 138. james said on 3/11/2015 5:37:25 PM
    I am in the business shoot me an email
  • 139. Rick said on 4/7/2015 10:47:59 PM
    I am looking to start a jet ski rental business somewhere in Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, etc. I need to know how to begin the process, getting business licenses in other countries, how to find and choose choice locations or get in certain resorts. I am very serious about this, just need to know more and in the gathering information stage right now. Please email me at rloopdc@yahoo.com
  • 140. Ricky said on 4/21/2015 8:25:55 PM
    Looking to partner up with a rental business. I have years of experience. Also can help with consulting if your needing info. Running jet ski, boat, paddling.
  • 141. Melissa said on 4/22/2015 7:48:08 PM
    This thread has been a great source of raw information from owners and entrepreneurs. I am soaking up the information but would love to know more. I am wanting to start up a jetski rental/dolphin tour company with my husband in the Clearwater FL area. If all goes well I have 2 friends that are wanting to join the venture. I enjoy jetskiing and dont mind at all making it my job everyday all day. I know location is key and theres a lot of finances involved as well as paperwork (insurance, etc...). I would love to speak with someone that knows the ins and outs of the business, possibly an investor as well. I recently rented a jet ski from Scott in Panama City (funny he was on this thread). He was awesome to speak with - seem to be the "give it to you straight" kind of guy. I am 28yrs old and my husband is 35. We want to start a new chapter in our lives where we do what we love. If anyone in the know would like to share their knowledge I would love to hear from you. This is something I am putting serious thought into and I am not taking it lightly. I appreciate any inquiries. Thanks again. I can be reached at melissa.casole@yahoo.com thanks!
  • 142. David said on 4/23/2015 7:41:42 AM
    Looking for partner or investor for a jetski/ boat rental business in N. Nevada. Popular Summer recreation and winter fishing destination. This is an exclusive rental business with virtually no competition. If interested please contact me. Idzaa67@gmail.com
  • 143. Jay Perez said on 5/3/2015 10:34:31 AM
    hello there, I see there is a lot of people trying to partner up to open a jet ski business. I'm actually trying to do the same thing in Louisisana. The good thing here in this locations that there is no competition for now. I'm about to retire from the army and I m looking for the right partner to start this business. If you are interested please contact me at jp0974@hotmail.com. As a veteran I have a lot of benefits that enables me to open a business, need an extrategic partner with investment to make it happen.
  • 144. Robert Jennings said on 5/4/2015 4:57:44 PM
    I live in the Turks and Caicos I'm looking for a investors so we can open up a jet ski and jet board jet kayak rental and guided tours around the beautiful beach and islands of the Turks and Caicos. I am looking to target mostly the Vellas and provide them with good customer services if there is anyone interested contact me robertajennings@hotmail.com number 16493465692
  • 145. Chanel said on 5/12/2015 1:29:27 PM
    This forum was insightful: I went jet skiing in Florida a few weeks ago and got the idea to start my own business in Detroit, MI. The demand is quite high but with little to no companies it sucks! There is a company off Lake St. Claire that charges a hell of a lot with most Detroiters not wanting to commute that far this would be perfect. If anyone more experienced in the business could give me a little more insight that would be helpful:the laws and policies are different from state to state I would like to know where should I begin. I have a desired location and sea-doos are only about 5 grand I'd buy maybe 3 starting off but insurance is my concern I don't want to be liable for anyone's death!
  • 146. Steven said on 7/11/2015 7:08:19 PM
    Selling my popular boat and jet ski rental business on Lake Travis near Austin, Texas. I have owned and operated this business for 9 years and looking to pursue other interests. Our location is positioned on the lake to where we are the only boat and jet ski rental facility for at least 1 hour drive. Located on resort property with additional resorts just down the street. We also receive many clients from lake front property owners whom short term lease their homes. Demand in this area of Lake Travis has increased significantly due to residential and tourist growth. Dock, rigging, equipment, storage sheds, phone number, and website all included with sell. Contact me for more information. Serious inquires only.
  • 147. Steven said on 7/11/2015 7:20:27 PM
    A lot of people on this forum are asking for consultation or investing into opening a new jet ski rental business in which I would be open to working with. I would be willing to provide consultation to anyone, anywhere. I know every in and out of the industry and am also a marine mechanic. I am looking to invest in a business agreement in the Caribbean. naustin16@gmail.com
  • 148. Mike said on 8/8/2015 1:08:20 AM
    I am looking to start up a water sports business in Oahu Hawaii at the beginning of next year. If you're looking to invest or want to tag along and partner up shoot me an email at run4mp@yahoo.com I am a real hard worker, will not take a no for an answer, always find and answer or a solution and failure for this business is no option.
  • 149. john! said on 3/18/2016 5:30:22 PM
    I am staring a business all I need to know is where to get insurance for a jet-ski business in Corpus Christi,Tx. the only one that I could find is "First Flight" is this the only Jet ski Business liability insure because I am having a hard time finding any one else Plus how do I get the insurance.
  • 150. Miguel said on 4/3/2016 8:38:42 PM
    i live in miami beach, and i want to open my own jetski rental business, but i dont know how it works with the insurance, can someone give me any information, i know this is a lot of rules when u are the water sport business, thank u.
  • 151. Frazel. said on 4/10/2016 1:51:01 PM
    Hi,can you help me finding a good see doo jet ski for a rental business,thank you.
  • 152. Shawn Getty said on 4/12/2016 1:59:10 AM
    where are any answers? i see tons of questions but no answers
  • 153. Jeff said on 7/30/2016 12:01:13 PM
    Greetings, I am located in Key West, and have a great idea for watercraft rentals. Looking for investors for a watercraft rental business located in Key West, Florida. The rental business in this area is big really big...email me at strictlyperformance@yahoo.com
  • 154. Logan gross said on 7/31/2016 11:43:35 AM
    Hi I am located in one of the busiest tourist beaches in America, Wilmington, North Carolina, and I am interested in starting a jet ski rental business. There is currently only one other jet ski rental business in the entire beach and they are running older machines and a not so professional crew of workers. I feel like with my know how of social media and online marketing paired with new machines and a professional work force we could easily be the best business in Wilmington. Looking for possible investors/consultants/general advice. Willing to pay a fee for your consultation given that you have an established business and can prove your track record. I have already established and maintained a landscaping company on the same grounds that I plan to put toward this new business venture. Contact me if interested cuttingedge910@gmail.com
  • 155. Andre said on 9/25/2016 1:07:55 PM
    I am opening up a few locations all over the world anyone has a location in mind or started already and want to be a partner send me an email to: a.m.circuitent(add the at symbol)gmail.com I also have new technology for water sports that would increase your income!
  • 156. Adrian said on 10/16/2016 11:25:05 AM
    Greetings, I am located in RWANDA, Near KIVU lake and have a great idea for watercraft rentals. Looking for investors for a watercraft rental business and it is something can grow very fast in all east Africa, The SKI JET rental business in this area monopoly because no one doing that business email me at mizadriano@live.com
  • 157. Sammy said on 2/20/2017 9:07:40 PM
    Goodnight how are you! My name is Sammy Davis ..i own a small private water sport company in the Bahamas , and I'm looking to expand. I'm a license/Insured/Bonded company... I'm taking on a cruise ship contract and need to partner up instead of doing it all on my own it will cost me to much and I'm trying to avoid taking out a loan from the Bank....I've already invested $65,000 .... I need parts and service supplies ... I normally order and have shipped to the Bahamas . But if I have partner I can cut cost and double up on Revenue on both ends 50/50 . If you want to know more information shoot me a message..hammydavis89@gmail.com