How to Sell to Hotels

Are you a business-minded person who has certain products on-hand like home-made jewelries, laundry soaps, or images and you sought after to know how to sell to hotels?

Hotel establishments are the good target to market your products because of the big opportunity to earn money from the guests; hence here are the pointers on how to sell to hotels.

Selling Products to Hotel Establishments

When you decide to create products and sell them for a livelihood, the first thing that come out in your mind is “where” and “how” to sell for your business. If your capital does not permit you to rent a space for a storefront and your home is quite far away to be reached by your clientele, you can use another option which is selling your products directly to hotel establishments located in the business districts of the city.

Nevertheless, selling various products like laundry soaps, home-made jewelries, images, and souvenir items to hotels in town would not be simple if you lack of knowledge on how to approach the establishment to ask permission to sell your goods to the guests. And also, you should also learn some sales aspects to make sure that your featured items are okay for the taste of the guests so you can attain your target sales output. In view of this, here are some valuable pointers on to sell to hotels with some marketing approach and strategies.

Essential Pointers on How to Sell to Hotels

The hardest part of a business is marketing the products and to look for a place where it can be sold, particularly if you don’t have a storefront to showcase your featured items. One of the best places to market are the hotels which houses many guests and tourists who have basic needs to buy and to shop for souvenirs that they can bring back home as a sort of remembrance. Just follow these tips if you want to successfully sell your products to hotels.

• Learn the Terms and Conditions of the Hotel
  • When you offer business to certain establishment like hotels, it is vital to communicate first with the owner or executives to ask permission to sell. This is a basic protocol since the owner has the right to protect the guests from abusive vendors and to ensure their safety as well. Learn what is required and which things should not be practiced inside the establishment. Follow the rules accordingly. Sell only on the area that where you are allowed to sell like the lobby or the reception area.

• Offer Products that Catches the Interest of the Guests
  • Your main goal is to earn, so your products should pass on the taste of the guests. For instance, if you’re selling home-made jewelries, think of a design which is unique on the eyes of the guest. For images, make sure it is attractive and with an interesting theme to attract buyers. On the other hand, if you’re selling home-made detergents, you should guarantee that the ingredients are effective and safe. Most hotels need laundry detergents to wash the clothes of their guests as part of their service.

• Set Reasonable Prices
  • Pricing affects the chances of your products to be purchased. Be reasonable and explain to your customers articulately why they need to buy your items and what benefits them when they buy your product.

These pointers should help you in selling your products to hotels, yet it is important to have a good relationship with the establishment so you can continue your business with less worry at all.

• 1. Jay Fraser said on 12/27/2012 12:50:22 AM
    Hello how do I go about selling my camp in Kenya Masai Mara.
  • 2. Steven Miranda said on 1/27/2013 4:07:29 PM
    I'm interested in selling my invention wish will benefit any owner in the hotel business. With my hydro massage chairs. For a peak enter complain enterprises.
  • 3. David McWhinney said on 5/30/2013 6:03:41 PM
    Carlsbad, CA. I have two innovative hotel products that can help reduce the incidence of back related injuries, damage to hotel property, help reduce guest complaints and make hallways look less tacky. I sell door stops and replacement straps for upright rollaway beds. I am looking for creative ways to market to hotels.
  • 4. Rossana Kelton said on 7/2/2013 9:50:50 PM
    Atlanta, Georgia. I would like to sell my artwork to hotels. How do I find out who is the interior designer who purchases art for the hotel? The purchasing agent? How does that market work? Who are the buyers and how do I supply it?
  • 5. Vince said on 1/2/2014 5:55:13 PM
    We are a Manufacturer of world class AM/FM Radios, how do I sell into Hotels? I'd like to sell a radio for each Hotel room.
  • 6. Bali Eliasu said on 1/14/2014 12:54:57 AM
    hello mr Vince, i will like to talk to about your am/fm radios and if u can make it to work on only solar energy. thankS
  • 7. Bob said on 3/25/2014 4:39:32 PM
    We manufacture Division 10 ADA and Room Identification Signage. We also manufacture Monument Signage. All of our work is custom. We would love to enter the Hotel market.
  • 8. Jeff said on 6/16/2014 7:07:08 PM
    I have a product for gift shops within hotels, it's a personal cleaning product: clean hands, clean noses and clean breath, all in one package.
  • 9. Jirick said on 7/23/2014 3:05:07 PM
    We manufacture a digital concierge tablet that will be placed in hotel rooms. The tablet has a cellular data plan, can make outbound calls (Call Room Service or a Taxi) and has internet access.
  • 10. Isaac Agboola said on 7/27/2014 5:22:21 PM
    Pls I want to sell frozen chicken to the hotels, how do I go by it I have large quantity of frozen chicken produced in our farm. Any interested buyer or who could give information should contact me on 2348032066021 email femade57@yahoo.com
  • 11. nagib said on 9/10/2014 4:35:29 AM
  • 12. nagib said on 9/10/2014 4:54:22 AM
    i want to sell natural soaps for hotels. i am Egyptian. availability of sealing the name of the hotel ,varied colors and scents . contact me : nagibmaadi@hotmail.com mobile: 01154592446
  • 13. Ayman Atallah said on 11/7/2014 11:27:23 AM
    1013 plymouth ave s, Rochester, NY 14608. I Want To Sell Led Energy Saver Lamp The Newest Lamp In The Market , It Works Up To 35000H Life Time , White Bright ,it Comes With 5,9,12Watt, No One Carries That Shape As Of Yet, Cell Number 440-714-3095, Email Address Fadi_ata@yahoo.com
  • 14. Laura martinez said on 7/16/2015 9:00:35 AM
    Hello I am a massage therapist and would like to offer the amazing benefits of massage to hotel guests. How do I prepare a start up conversation or letter or even a resume? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Cleveland Ohio
  • 15. Miss Hazera Ali said on 8/9/2015 5:42:39 PM
    London UK, I want to supply towels and blankets to hotels for competitive prices. How do I approach hotels like Hilton ibis premier inn and so on. Please let me know
  • 16. C Williams said on 1/31/2016 7:16:12 PM
    I would like to supply very high quality luxury duve ts to hotels.Who would be the best point of contact?
  • 17. C Williams said on 1/31/2016 7:30:39 PM
    We are a local business in the Manchester area who would like to supply hotels, travel lodges with our own brand of duvets at very competitive prices. They are of superior quality, feels like down and have a 100% cotton cover. Ideal for people who suffer with allergies like ashma. each pocket is filled with microfiber clusters and are machine washable. They make every nights sleep, the best nights sleep. If anyone knows how I could make go about getting in touch with the right person please email me at :- chrissieburns@live.co.uk
  • 18. Antwain Murph said on 8/30/2016 1:09:09 PM
    I have something that I would like to eventually have in all hotel and motel rooms alike. Its a money saver with a lot of features.
  • 19. Abel said on 1/18/2017 11:34:23 PM
    We are a local business in Melbourne. We sell mesh laundry bags for socks/lingerie. We sell compact bags that resolve odd socks issue and missing lingerie issues. Let us know if you are interested at heavenlytradersaus@gmail.com