How to Open Airline Ticket Agency

An airline ticket agency provides various types of services from booking airline ticket, hotel reservations and creating cheap travel packages for any traveler. They either work from home or they can have an office.

Most dealings are done online so operation is easy. If you want to start this kind of business, you must have knowledge on travel agent software, customer service and passion for traveling.

Despite the economic recession, one of the industries that remain strong is the travel industry. For this reason, it is something that presents a stable opportunity for business minded people. Nowadays travelers avoid the hassle of finding airline ticket options instead they will rather pay someone else to find them the best rates. Opening an airline ticket agency will give you an option to launch it in your home or you can create an office. Although having travel shop is an exciting venture, it is ideal to run the agency from home to lessen the overhead cost. This is true especially if you are just starting to established customer base.

As your airline ticket agency grows, you can then move a real office and hire additional travel agents. If you are in this kind of business already, there are ways to diversify your profit sources. This is done by booking group vacation and other opportunities for travel. By being creative, you can shield your business from the unpredictability of the industry. This is also something that can stabilize your customers. It doesn’t matter whether an individual or group will do bookings, you can easily handle it. Of course you will be asking for a service fee.

Every business would need a business plan. This could be daunting task if you are new in the field. However if you follow some tips then you can create an effective plan for business. The most important thing is define the goal of airline ticket agency and the steps on how to achieve the business objectives. A business plan is simply documenting the foundation of your vision as an entrepreneur. This is essential if you decide to look for investors or lenders that would help your company. The internet is one of your main sources for business plans.

Before you open an airline ticket agency in your local area, you should find out the competition. This is essential to see how you fit in the landscape. You can research for the list of travel agencies in your community. Again assess if the market is large enough to have another airline agency. If not then you better see to it that your travel agency is ahead of the competition. This means thinking of innovative ideas that will make people opt for your company. As part of preparation, it is best to talk to those who are in the business.

Ask a fellow travel agent outside of your community. They are the ones who are likely to give you startup advice. Aside from starting a ticketing agency, you can consider buying one that is already set up. This could be a smart move however this would present new challenges. You can ask the help of a business broker for finding available companies and they can also help you in sealing the deal. An experience broker has the skill to navigate the buying process. You might want to check out travel agency opportunities that will give access that will help your venture.

• 1. roy said on 2/22/2013 12:59:09 PM
    hello my name is roy king and i will like to book airline ticket for my co.worker let me know if you can help me with the ticket hope to hear back from you again. regard, roy
  • 2. Harun said on 6/13/2013 11:21:25 AM
    Hello Friends! My name is Haroun from Addis Ababa ,Ethiopia. I'm setting up a ticket agent office around the business metropolis namely piaza. Any one to throw out advice to new and completely inexperienced in the area of travel business like me. really valuable! thanks
  • 3. Anton said on 11/27/2013 12:53:03 PM
    Hello! My name is Anton from Krasnoyarsk, Russia. I'm developer at huge online airline ticket agency with difficult network of subagents. I know that guarant of success- is billing system. More than 300 agencies uses my own billing systems only because they made mistake at choose of billing system.
  • 4. Dawa said on 1/20/2014 1:37:47 AM
    i have a travel agent based in Bhutan. it an Asian country just next to India and China. i wanted to open a ticketing agent, therefore if any of you can help me with new ideas and suggestions. thank you!!!!
  • 5. Ben Lema said on 10/15/2014 4:44:18 PM
    I would like to start airlines ticket agency in Seattle area and I would like to get some information also if it will be possible to buy franchise airlines ticket agency so please let me know detail information. Thanks Ben
  • 6. Ben Lema said on 10/15/2014 4:45:07 PM
    Seattle WA south king county
  • 7. HUSSEIN AHMED said on 11/16/2014 12:19:33 AM
    I would like to start airlines ticket agency here in Kilimanjaro any one of you with new ideas and suggestions are welcomed. Thanks, HUSSEIN
  • 8. chioma felicia said on 12/16/2014 3:53:11 PM
    My business location is Dubai UAE, what the requirement for issuing flight ticket
  • 9. tshewang namgyal said on 12/19/2014 5:00:05 AM
    ticketing agent in Bhutan.
  • 10. Danilo Detalla said on 1/2/2015 9:57:05 PM
    Pagadian City, philippines
  • 11. ritz said on 2/6/2015 2:19:55 AM
    my friend and I wish to start a booking air ticket business. How to start..what are the requirements?
  • 12. Au said on 2/13/2015 12:36:09 AM
    I need to open a booking air ticket business. Tickets just to fligt to and from Vietnam only. Where do I begin? Thank you, Au
  • 13. khyati dholakiya said on 2/23/2015 2:39:07 AM
    i need to start booking air tickets business. india to middle east
  • 14. Dory Arenas Maliwanag said on 3/28/2015 3:47:22 AM
    I would like to put up ticketing office in Palawan Puerto Princesa. How to put up a business. could you help me on this. thanks
  • 15. Sanju said on 4/17/2015 7:22:03 AM
    Hi Friends, My name is Sanju from Hyderabad. Planning to start a business & make a career in travel industry. I have done a course in Amadeus. Please advice how to start a ticketing business from home.
  • 16. Ma. Victoria said on 4/17/2015 11:43:09 AM
    Hi, can you advise on how to start a home based airline ticketing business. I am based in Toronto. Thanks.
  • 17. Darisuren said on 5/11/2015 10:08:28 PM
    Hi, Thanks for your information. Can you please advise me on how to start a home based airline ticketing business here in Mongolia. I am looking for a business idea and it will be much appreciated if you could reply me as soon as possible.
  • 18. Manjunath said on 5/18/2015 4:59:07 PM
    Hi. @Ma.Victoria. i can help u in setting business at your place. for airline book. for more info please email me or skype me at and we could run business on long run, not only this process i have different project from Canada, i need someone who could help me in running business. if u are interested please let me know anguswamy.manjunath @ outlook.com
  • 19. poly vareed parakadan said on 6/7/2015 11:33:31 AM
    Can you please advise me on how to start a home based airline ticketing business here in adelaide australia I am looking for a business idea and it will be much appreciated if you could reply me as soon as possible. regards, poly
  • 20. Faith Musyoka said on 9/17/2015 6:03:01 AM
    Hi, can you please advice me on how i can start an airline ticketing business, have the passion but i need the guidelines and some of the factors to consider when staring one. Kind regards
  • 21. Abu Sayed said on 9/29/2015 6:23:59 AM
    Hello my name is abu sayed.I'm from Bangladesh and i'm a recruit agency now i want to start air ticketing business.Can you please give me guideline to start air ticketing business?
  • 22. vinzo mbayitu said on 10/11/2015 2:00:55 PM
    I am interested in opening ticket agency; airlines & perhaps perform as a broker.Would you guide me and the process to becoming a successful agent.My location is in Newark New Jersey, USA. Hoping to hear from you soon,Vinzo llc.
  • 23. PRATEEK SINGH said on 12/28/2015 8:22:14 AM
    Hello sir My name is Prateek. I am from India. Living in Italy. I want to start ticketing business. Bt i don't know . please help me. Some information for this business.Thanx sir
  • 24. Deborah said on 1/11/2016 12:33:13 AM
    Hi I am from India. I want to start an airline ticketing system. Please help me.
  • 25. John said on 1/17/2016 6:43:35 PM
    Hi,My name is John and want to know more about to start ticketing business. Can you advice me or give some tips?
  • 26. Edgean Palencia said on 4/20/2016 1:18:42 AM
    Hi, my name is edgean. Am interested in ticketing business but don't have any idea.Please help me.
  • 27. sachin patel said on 5/20/2016 7:02:14 PM
    i would like to open an online airline ticket agency. Vapi gujrat india
  • 28. Hardeep Singh said on 7/1/2016 10:03:28 AM
    I want to start a air ticket business for only afghanistan. i.e Ariana Airways, Safi Airways, Kam Airways. How can I start it.
  • 29. Emman TIti said on 7/6/2016 2:14:20 AM
    hello my name emman titi. I want to open a ticket office agency in Ethiopia, Addis abeba. I have taken the necessary courses given to work as a ticket office agent and now I want open my own business. I want to be creative and diversified, if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you.
  • 30. bisharat ali alvi said on 7/17/2016 4:11:39 PM
    hi, my name Is ali, from Pakistan. I want to setup this air ticketing business in Islamabad, Pakistan. dnot have any experience, and don't know about softwares as well..plz guide
  • 31. john said on 10/19/2016 7:52:34 AM
  • 32. Brijesh said on 10/21/2016 11:27:34 PM
    hi, My name Is Brijesh, from India. I want to setup this air ticketing business in Gujarat, I don't have any experience, and I don't know about softwares as well..plz guide me..
  • 33. Sam said on 12/13/2016 4:43:56 AM
    i am travel agent but specialized on visa services and visa assistance. i want to diversified into ticketing agent. i need your advice and how to set up
  • 34. Emmanuel said on 1/23/2017 3:43:25 AM
    I am business man in South Africa , I want to start airline booking ticket business His can I start.