How to Get Certified as a Woman-Owned Business

If you are a woman and want to establish a business, you need first to prove that you have the ability to deal with the business you have selected.

From this reason, you need to know the tips on how to get certified as a woman-owned business.

After the recognition of the women’s power over men when it comes to the field of the business, women are now allowed to establish and manage their own business. However, when you are planning a business, it is important to be a certified business woman. Here are the tips for you in order to be a certified business woman.

Types of a Business

In some states, the types of business which a woman chooses to establish are also an important factor to consider. The business association requires a woman to build a business based on her skills and knowledge. For instance, you are a graduate of education, and then the business that you may need to build is something that is related to education like pre-school or tutorial institutions. In case you have the skills of creating furniture, then you may build a carpenter business or other types of furniture business. The business association requires you to choose the appropriate commerce to deal with in order for you to avoid bankruptcy.

Ask Yourself If You are Qualified

Before you establish the business you want to deal with, you need first to know if you are qualified to the legislation and the registration requirements of a business. To answer this question, you need to identify if you have the ability to manage the business. You can also see the rules and regulations of the business association in order to review if you can perform it properly. Compare also your planned business to the other type of commerce based on their rules and regulations that are followed by the employers. This will help you to identify if you have the ability to accomplish all important requirements and perform the required rules and regulations of the business legislation.

Acquire Legal Certifications

It is important to consider acquiring legal certifications from the different business associations. There are different ways in order to get certifications. You can join in different business seminars and programs that are related to the business you want to establish. You can also attend various personal or public corporate meetings and activities, which could give name to your business. There are some international business programs you can enjoy. Make sure that these certifications are legal and are signed by the authorized personnel.

Place Where You Can Register the Business

There are different women business owner's institutions where you can simply register the business. You can go to the Central Contractor Registration for self certification. All you have to do is find the site of this registration sector and look for the application form. There is also the Women's Business Enterprise National Council which is known as a private organization that provides certification to the business who owned a business. Of course, this offers a charge for application, but it will vary according to the industry. Another sector is the National Women's Business Owners Corporation which is a private certification association that provide an application charge.

• 1. SARITA CHAVAN said on 4/11/2012 3:58:28 AM
    looking for big business. but not getting ideas. what to do?
  • 2. Mansoor Ahmed said on 4/19/2012 4:18:41 AM
    Hi Sarita, Mansoor here , i am in to logistics / freight business since last 5 years , and going to open my office in Malaysia if you interested write to me on " info@globalfreightintl.com " may be our business partner ship can work as you and me wants the same.
  • 3. kamala victoria said on 5/5/2012 2:57:10 AM
    looking to start a big business. but not getting ideas. what to do? how to do how much investment is required to star a school, /college/kfc restaurant/big bazr in hyderabad
  • 4. Nigist Melaku said on 6/12/2012 1:47:25 AM
    Dear sir/madam, I am Government employee and interested to start small business but not getting ideas. I have Masters degree in vocational education management. Please, give me some ideas so as to decide and start my own sole business. Thank you very much in advance. Nigist Melaku. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (East Africa)
  • 5. mulurich said on 7/7/2012 6:42:54 AM
    Hi Nigist we might work out on some ideas of small business . email me and we can exchange ideas i am from north america south east Regards
  • 6. nishasojan said on 7/16/2012 4:13:28 AM
    I am a housewife, and I know to stitch churidars and blouse very neatly and sincerely but my ambition is to work at home because of my children. I am very interested in stitching and I seek job opportunities .Please help me as early as possible. KERALA ,ERNAKULAM (Palluruthy)
  • 7. Amina said on 8/6/2012 9:36:59 PM
    I am working with a private company but not at all interested. i want to open a small food outlet in New delhi,Madangir area.I have total 9 years experience in hospitality industry.How should I plan for the business and get a licence for the same.
  • 8. salina said on 8/8/2012 11:20:42 PM
    Hi, I'm an accountant with private company more than 4 years. Right now my cousin brother ask me to joint with his printing business. I have no experience with running the business. My brother just want me to control a part of his printing sector. Should i stop my work and invest with him? or hold the 2 object in the same time? Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance! E-mail me: salina_elva@yahoo.com
  • 9. charu said on 9/8/2012 3:33:03 AM
    Hi, i am private sector employee in New Delhi & want to start my own small business in import & export.. but not not getting any idea. Please suggest.
  • 10. Ayomi said on 9/27/2012 6:40:54 AM
    Hiii, I'm 25 years old girl, working as Finance Manager in a private company any still studying. i haven't lot of experiences bcz of my age. but i know i have the ability to run a business. i don't like to do a job and i want to start a business. but i haven't an idea. please help me to select a success path.(thinking to start orchid flower business but not clear idea for the sector) plz..plz..suggest..Thanks a lot..
  • 11. vinkal said on 10/1/2012 11:06:37 PM
    want to start my own small business.
  • 12. Narendra Gautma said on 10/9/2012 5:58:36 AM
    Hi Mansoor.Narendra here i am working for global logistic firm in pune and having 3.4 yrs of exp. I am planning to start my own freight forwarding firm.Hope our partnership will be grateful for both of us. write me on 13narendra@gmail.com
  • 13. srilatha said on 10/13/2012 5:32:36 AM
    Hi I am srilatha. I completed B.tech and I am not interested to do a job . I am living in a small village in east godhavari(andhra pradesh). plz give me any idea to start a small business plz... plz...
  • 14. nidhi vyas said on 11/28/2012 9:23:26 AM
    hi, i'm nidhi. i completed my MBA in marketing. i am planning to start business. give me the guideline
  • 15. JANICE WOODRING said on 11/30/2012 3:52:03 PM
    i WANT TO START A MUSHROOM/ VEGGIE FARM i HAVE BEEN GROWING THINGS MY WHOLE LIFE AND i WOULD LIKE TO TAKE SOME OF THE PRODUCE AND GIVE BACK TO OUR LOCAL PANTRY. ALSO.. i WOULD LIKE TO GROW RARE OR UNUSUAL CHICKENS FOR THE SCHOOL KIDS.. i LIVE IN ELRENO OKLAHOMA, 3505 W 10 TH ST EL RENO OK 73036
  • 16. Vijay said on 2/16/2013 6:36:03 AM
    Hello, am seriously thinking about an idea of starting a security agency, which would be different in action behavior and presence. One man would be doing work of three and would also be getting paid accordingly. He would be motivated, pampered, taken care of and would form part of the family, rather than employee of the company. My aim is clear - may be as of now - how to go abt is not clear. ppl who want to add on and associate may contact now a101_bahl@yahoo.com. regards
  • 17. Nisha said on 2/19/2013 7:06:56 AM
    Hi, I am living in Dubai. I have a little money to start a business, even though I'm thinking of parlor I would appreciate if you can guide me where else would it be better to Invest money.
  • 18. Amit said on 3/6/2013 1:33:29 AM
    I have a little money to start a business . please you help me...
  • 19. sen said on 3/13/2013 1:15:52 PM
    I stay in Ahmedabad. Want to start a business.confused? Not getting any ideas.
  • 20. Makhuta said on 4/21/2013 8:20:45 AM
    Hi my name is makhuta n i have saved a little money to start a business but dont know what please help me. Thank you in advance
  • 21. Swati said on 4/22/2013 4:31:55 AM
    Hi i am working in mnc wants to start my own business. Kindly guide me which business to start in Gurgaon,haryana.
  • 22. amruta said on 5/2/2013 2:49:19 AM
    hi i want to do business in small investment in maharashtra(india), pune and aurangabad.
  • 23. Beatrice said on 5/3/2013 5:56:50 AM
    Hi i want to start a small business in Nairobi or kikuyu but have no idea. Please help.
  • 24. sreedevi surendran said on 7/1/2013 2:24:10 AM
    I want to start a small stitching unit in guruvayur. We have a 900 square feet roadside flat (trichur - guruvayur road ). It has got commercial license also.. please advice me in this regard, as early as possible. i am a graduate Bed teacher. now resigned and want to start self business. sreedevi surendran.
  • 25. Ram Sharma said on 8/2/2013 8:18:59 AM
    Hi i want to start a small business in Kurukshetra. I want Floor & Rice packing and sell in market. But i have no idea how to start & in this license or ISO CERTIFICATION requirement also or not. please advice me in this regard.
  • 26. Yogesh said on 8/26/2013 7:58:56 AM
    Hi everyone/amruta i m into a food industry and looking to invest into other sectors in maharashtra. Amruta/anyone if you really want to do business then contact me 9890458454 anytime. lets start with our own business.
  • 27. Warren said on 10/19/2013 8:43:35 AM
    Being tired is the worst feeling. I market a product for people who struggle to wake up in the morning like i used to. Do you know anyone who might like to know about a product like that? Warren mrwarrenyoung@gmail.com
  • 28. tsholofelo moladelo said on 10/22/2013 7:58:44 AM
    want to start a business with diploma in records management, but have no idea. can you help me?
  • 29. priyadharshni said on 12/5/2013 11:19:55 AM
    Hi, want to start a business we have coconut farm in kerela , i need to know how to start a cattle field. In our farm, i need to know how to get subsidy from government or to start a business in agricultural field by getting subside from government
  • 30. Sunita Dabhi said on 12/9/2013 5:40:03 AM
    stay in Mumbai, Nallasopara, want to do small scale business and want to learn ladies purse making. pl. help and guide me
  • 31. meenakshi Saroha said on 12/13/2013 7:28:59 AM
    I WANT TO ENTER IN TRADING BUSINESS OF INDUSTRIAL CONSUMABLE PRODUCTS AND LUBRICANTS PRODUCTS. MY LOCATION AT RUDRAPUR, UTTARAKHAND, INDIA. PL HELP ME FOR LEGAL REGISTRATION FORMALITIES AND OTHERS.
  • 32. Gyanendra singh said on 1/24/2014 12:49:40 PM
    Hi I am Gyanendra singh. I want to authorised mobile service center like ( Micromax, spice, nokia, samsung etc) in mathura UP. Plz help me how to possible it. my no +919897449111
  • 33. anshika said on 1/30/2014 4:53:18 AM
    hi i am anshika i want craft businesses but have no idea please help how to start
  • 34. Asha Vyas said on 2/24/2014 12:40:34 PM
    Hi , My name is Asha Vyas. I want to enter in to the catering business . I need financial help in the form of government grant to start the business. Please guide and help me to achieve this goal. Thanks and Regards. Asha Vyas.
  • 35. mithi said on 7/18/2014 2:11:01 AM
    I have many ideas but I don't know how I start to my business. any person can he/she help me...I am Bangladeshi, and I hope anyone help me in my country. it's my address- s.mithi@ymail.com
  • 36. Noluvuyo Mthetho said on 8/1/2014 8:39:47 AM
    Johannesburg south, South Africa. I want to start a recycling company!
  • 37. raj said on 8/1/2014 5:14:27 PM
    Hello, I want to start a business in virudhunagar but not getting any idea.
  • 38. PREMA V said on 8/12/2014 5:35:16 AM
    sir i want to start a new business within 25,00,000. I am perceiving MCA.But i don't have interest in software engineering.so please suggest me what type of business i have to start in Bangalore,karnataka
  • 39. A. Serin said on 9/9/2014 6:38:36 AM
    HI, I AM FROM ITALY, I HAVE CLOCHING BUSINESS SHOP IN BOLOGNA CITY BUT I LIKE TO TRANSFER IN SWEDEN, SO I LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SHOULD I DO TO START THIS BUSINESS IN SWEDEN, WHAT KIND OF OPPORTUNITY I CAN HAVE? I NEED YOUR ADVICE.. THANKS
  • 40. HARJEET SINGH said on 9/10/2014 4:35:44 AM
    PREMA V PLEASE SEND YOUR CONTACT DETAILS TO SEND YOU THE BUSINESS DETAILS. 09917639422 harjeet29@gmail.com
  • 41. gunjan mishra said on 9/20/2014 12:51:07 PM
    I am from patna(Bihar) I am a housewife. want to open a women health centre including beauty salon, yoga centre and ayurvedic treatments. i have a little money of 5 to 6 lakhs. please suggest me how can I manage to open my health centre. i would appreciate if u can guide me. pls help me as early as possible. tell me some ideas to run it well.
  • 42. HARJEET SINGH said on 10/1/2014 11:41:54 PM
    @GUNJAN MISHRA, PLEASE SEND YOUR CONTACT DETAILS TO SEND YOU THE BUSINESS DETAILS. 09917639422 harjeet29@gmail.com
  • 43. Nitin said on 11/24/2014 9:37:33 AM
    Hi , I want to start retail shop in pune of beauty parlour material and saloon material and want to sale in wholesale rate. can you pls give some ideas. thnx.
  • 44. mounika said on 1/6/2015 4:35:21 AM
    i am an engineering graduate and currently doing mba through distance mode in india. I am very much interested in fashion designing and jewelry making. i want to start my own home based business but utterly confused about capital investment. i dont know where to start with to get to know about setting up a business, moreover i am jobless as of now. pls guide me what to do regarding setting up small businesses.Thanks in advance
  • 45. K.Kandi said on 7/29/2015 8:31:22 AM
    What kind of certifications do I need to start an online handicrafts business? I wish to procure handicrafts from India and set up a market for USA based customers.
  • 46. tulib said on 8/13/2015 5:19:20 AM
    Hi, I want to startup a online recycling of household things like used clothes, utensils or anything. How should I start?
  • 47. UJALA said on 9/21/2015 10:21:43 AM
    Hi, My name is ujala and i am from india currently i am at taiwan and here i want start my small food business but dnt have any idea how to start my work? please advice me
  • 48. Judith said on 3/3/2016 8:38:15 PM
    Hi, My Name is Judith. I am a young Pharmacist. I just graduated. I would like to verger in Home Base Wellness and neutraceutical. Please I need advice and ideas how to start . Thank you , your response will be highly appreciated