How much is a KFC Franchise

KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken is a popular fast food chain that has molded itself into a popular franchise tycoon as it is well known in the country and throughout the world as a profitable restaurant franchise option.

The Kentucky Fried Chicken Fast-food Restaurant Chain of stores, was spearheaded into its success by the founder Colonel Harland Sanders, who coined the phrase ‘finger lickin’ good’ to associate all his chicken dinners.

The company currently has branches around the world, with around 14,000 in more than 82 countries. The restaurant serves traditional family recipes whose main ingredients still remain secret to this day. Based in Louisville, Kentucky the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant is the most popular chicken restaurant around, famous for all their unique and traditional chicken recipes for chicken such as the Original Recipe, Colonel’s Crispy Strips, and Extra Crispy chicken, all of which may be served with a variety of homemade side dishes and sauces, other famous servings on the menu include the Honey BBQ wings and chicken sandwiches.

The total investment required to start up the Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchise, ranges from around $1,200,000 to $1,800,000 and the initial franchise fee is at $25,000. The royalty fee for the franchise is at 4% with a term of agreement renewal fee at $4.9k renewable every 20 years. Broken down, the costs are $500,000 in real property, $250,000 in equipment and signage, $325,000 in construction, $5,000 in opening advertising, $7,000 in utility deposits and business licenses, $2,300 for the initial training, $10,000 for the opening inventory, $5,000 in miscellaneous opening costs and around $13,000 for the three month cushion on the operational expenses. You may need to contact a financial firm or lender to afford the start-up costs.

Another thing to remember when applying for the franchise is that the franchisees are required to purchase master licenses and own multiple units of the franchise. Absentee ownership of the franchise is not allowed and other franchises that are part of the franchise family include A&W restaurants, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and Long John Silver’s as all these franchises are owned by Yum Brands.

To qualify for the franchise you will need to have at least some basic business experience and restaurant industry experience and marketing skills are also essential. Review the requirements and contact Yum brands to discuss applying for the franchise. Approval usually takes around a month or two as they research through your paperwork. This paperwork should include a draft of your business plan, the site location in which you want to build your establishment and other factors that you wish to discuss when you meet with the franchisor. Once you have been approved for the franchise you will called into training and their Franchise Business Coach program which will not only provide you with your initial training experience necessary but also provides ongoing training and support.

• 1. srinivas said on 2/13/2011 12:48:32 AM
    I'm from Trichy, the 3rd biggest city of Tamilnadu in india, which is having potential customers to startup the kfc here, i need a advise about starting investments and application procedures to open a franchise,or advise me any other food chain business suitable to startup in India.
  • 2. PAWITRA GURUNG said on 3/9/2011 7:24:26 AM
    How much is the approx . investment required to open KFC Franchise at Ranchi, Jharkhand. Plz respond. Regards, Pawitra.
  • 3. Sameer beginner adviser said on 3/10/2011 8:05:26 AM
    @PAWITRA GURUNG, you need 20,000,000 INR liquid and 50,000,000 INR net assert to be eligible for application.
  • 4. Kowshik said on 6/3/2011 5:46:33 AM
    Hi This Kowshik From salem, i am very much interested to startup the business with KFC, can you please tell me what is the Procedure if i need to start in salem ? How much i need to spend? If i have Chicken point Restaurant can i get the Product from You ?is it possible. Thanks Kowshik
  • 5. ashok said on 6/28/2011 7:01:05 AM
    hi i like to start kfc in tirunelvali in india, and i am very much interested, how much does it cost to start business, and how can i apply and money i have to invest?
  • 6. rajesh said on 11/25/2011 6:38:55 AM
    hi i like start kfc in my town srikakulam in andhra pradesh in india can you please tell me what is the procedure if i need to start ,and how much i need invest .thank you
  • 7. rohit gupta said on 8/6/2012 10:16:14 PM
    I will be very happy to be a padt of kfc ...so please let me know whom to contact 9953131312
  • 8. shipra singh said on 8/19/2012 12:22:19 PM
    calling from dehradun.interested in g.m.s. road near balliwala chawk. can u please tell me what is the procedure if i need to start.and how much i need to invest/thanks
  • 9. Malar Murugesan said on 8/28/2012 4:28:28 AM
    Hi there, I have a land in the City - Vandavasi (Wandiwash),State - Tamil Nadu, Country - India where there is Eng college and this place is also center point for many tourist places mainly temples, hence I want to offer this land for rent to open any international foodie outlets (PREFERABLY KFC), please mail me for further details...
  • 10. Mohamed said on 9/16/2012 9:06:51 PM
    I am from tanta in egypt i have place and i wanna to make a deal with kfc and startup plz contact to me +201271334777
  • 11. shilpa kadam said on 1/6/2013 3:46:34 AM
    Hi this is shilpa from mumbai india. I would like to open kfc franchisee. can u please tell me what is the procedure if i need to start and what would be the exact investment amount.
  • 12. Nitin Disawal said on 7/24/2013 11:14:14 AM
    I am having a good business location in heart of city which is large footage area with all parking. I am having round about 1400 sq. ft. area. city : Ujjain (near Indore) State : Madhya Pradesh Country : India
  • 13. MANOJ KUMAR BAKSHI said on 8/25/2013 3:40:09 AM
    HI,I WANT TO OPEN A KFC RESTAURANT IN JAMMU AT THANDI KHUI NEAR 17 MILES HOTEL AT NH1A PARKING SPACE ALSO AVAILABLE. SO PLZ CONTACT ME ON 09419182916.
  • 14. Hadlee Chongtham said on 9/1/2013 10:23:20 AM
    I want to open KFC franchise in Manipur (Imphal) please tell me the requirements and the procedure also please let me know the investment amount as soon as possible thank you.
  • 15. Ravi said on 7/29/2014 5:13:59 AM
    I would like to start a KFC restaurant in Salem, Tamilnadu, i would like to know the cost, procedure and requirements to start a KFC.
  • 16. SYED ASHAR said on 8/14/2014 3:28:37 AM
    HI SIR I WANT OPEN KFC FRANCHISE IN RAMANATHAPURAM. I HAVE TO OWN LAND NEAR IN MY TOWN. RAMANATHA PURAM CIRCULE PEOPLES ARE WELL SPEND MONEY . I AM VERY INTERESTED BUSINESS . I HAD TO MORE THAN 12 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN RESTAURANT FIELD. I NEED YOUR ADVICE
  • 17. SYED ASHAR said on 8/14/2014 3:31:03 AM
    I AM SYED. I am LIVING IN RAMANATHA PURAM STATE OF TAMIL NADU
  • 18. M.Chimbaram said on 9/10/2014 1:36:00 PM
    HI AM CHIDAMBARAM IN TRICHY I LIKE TO OPEN KFC FRANCHISE IN TRICHY TAMILNADU . SO WHAT IS THE PROCEDURES AND INVESTMENT. PLEASE CONTACT 9994916188
  • 19. Sandeep mahajan said on 11/8/2014 7:52:55 AM
    I am having a space of 1500 sqft on ground floor with 28 feet frontage with additional space of 1700 sft on 1st floor located at phase 1, Mohali (Punjab), India. Mobile no: 09417505656
  • 20. Manish kumar agarwal said on 3/17/2016 7:45:55 AM
    Yes i want to open a kfc food store in kolkata naktala area. I am having a space of 3800 sq feet area.please give me detail of how to start the business.
  • 21. Daovone said on 10/31/2016 1:06:42 AM
    I would like to open franchise of KFC in Laos. My country is developing and not yet KFC but people in my country are favorite in KFC tast they are always traveling to try it in Thailand so I would like to Open 1 branch in Vientiane Laos. Please tell me how much investment should I have.
  • 22. Saugata Roy Choudhury said on 11/6/2016 1:17:00 AM
    I want to open a KFC restaurant at Dhubri, Assam can you please guide me whom to contact in this regard. Saugata Roy Choudhury. Cell-09435130092
  • 23. sujoy samanta said on 11/9/2016 7:05:36 PM
    Sir what will exact amount on investment in bardhaman ,wb just b4 Durgapur with space of nearly 3000sqft