How Much Does it Cost to Charter a Private Jet

People who are interested in getting private jet charter services often ask how much does it cost to charter a private jet. The question can be considered as a necessity particularly because of the associated prohibitive cost of renting an executive jet.

Among the people who often rent jet helicopters or jet aircrafts are politicians and celebrities whose tight schedules require them to travel from one place to another in a short period of time.

If it will be your first time to rent for a jet flight, the following information on aircraft charter and their jet aviation rental cost can be helpful:

Calculating private jet charter costs

Private jet charter companies may follow different guidelines when calculating private jet charter rates. However, the private jet charter cost can be estimated by considering the length of flight, the hourly rate for the jet planes and the expenses. An estimated four hour private rentals for example will be calculated based on the flight time multiplied to the hourly rate that is generally charged by jet aviation companies. Note that the length of the business jet flight is estimated using the round trip flight time and is dependent on the speed of the aircraft, the typical winds and air traffic. Hourly rate for renting a Boeing jet will generally depend on the private jet charter pricing that will be given by the jet charter companies. Private jet charter prices and rates also often depend on the aircraft class and the aircraft size. Light or small jet planes generally charge lesser than the medium jets and full-size jets. Small jets charge an average of more or less $3,200 for an hour of flight while heavy jets can charge as much as $4,500 per hour.

Traveling Expenses

The length of the flight and the rates of jet charter companies will be important factors in determining the cost of renting a jet. There are other expenses, however, that also need to be added to the total cost of chartering a private jet. Expenses during the flight will generally paid for and this will be added to the private jet charter pricing. These expenses may include the cost of catering, permits which are often required when a business jet is chartered for an international travel, overnight fees and landing fees. In addition to this, usage of the flight phone which is generally included in charter jet planes will also be charged.

• Hiring Private Jet Charter
    Want to rent a private jet? How much a charter plane cost? Do you want to know the hiring price for a privet jet? Find more about privet jet rental cost in our article.
  • Know all about Starting an Aerospace Engineering Company
    In opening your aerospace engineering company in your local area, you must not overlook the strength of competition that you are planning to venture into. You also need a solid plan to ensure that you start your business right.

• 1. Grace said on 2/16/2010 8:26:55 PM
    i would like to know the cost to charter a private jet in Mississauga in province of Otario in Canada
  • 2. Avinash said on 2/28/2010 6:56:19 AM
    I want to purchase a new Jet for me. I want to know about all the cost (direct & indirect) regarding this with all the rules and regulations to holding. Bangalore, Karnataka, Inida
  • 3. Brandon Capaccio said on 3/5/2010 10:48:54 PM
    I represent a company that handles private charters anywhere in the world and also deals with acquisitions and management of aircraft. If you have any questions or would like to explore what opportunities are available please visit our site at www.airstreamjets.com for more info.
  • 4. Sam said on 7/24/2010 1:49:39 PM
    I want to know all the associated cost to charter a craft from New York to Caribbean during the Carnival season in mid-February returning early March and then in mid-July returning early August. This would be of the size of an E70 or E90.
  • 5. wandawoman said on 8/12/2010 11:55:57 AM
    Call us for a quote. Since Synerjets partners only with elite jet operators, we can provide a consistently high quality charter experience. No one knows more about private jet charter than the people who put the planes in the air. Our partners have more than 30 years of experience in the jet charter business. The pilots, planes and mechanics have the highest safety and performance ratings in the industry (Arg/US Platinum and Wyvern Wingman). For Synerjets - jet operator partnership: Safety is not negotiable. 877.479.6375 ext 716
  • 6. Shedrack Exino said on 9/24/2010 5:30:55 AM
    i need a jet .. please can u tell me how much it is ..or give me a link on how to get it ,, i need it before Thursday ...
  • 7. Alex Early said on 1/3/2011 3:40:11 PM
    Yes, I'm with a charter company, The Early Air Way (www.theearlyairway.com). No, I'm not here to try and sell my product though. I came across this article and felt compelled to correct the costs mentioned. Small jets will start around $1,900 an hour, not $3,200 as it states. Larger heavy jets will top out at about $9,000/hour for something like a Global Express. Bear in mind that is most (not all) cases, you'll have to pay these rates when the plane in flying with or without you onboard for your trip. In other words, if it has to position back to base after dropping you off, you'll often have to pay for that flight unless you have secured a deadhead. There are programs that offer "no ferry fees," which basically just have hourly rates that are twice as much to cover said ferry fees.
  • 8. pardeep kharb said on 3/19/2011 7:39:14 AM
    i need a private jet charter for my marriage form delhi to pune for around 30 -35 people so i want to know that how much i will have to pay for this ?? thnax
  • 9. Manzoor Ahmad sheikh said on 5/20/2011 2:29:56 AM
    i want a private jet from my home to office daily. would you please give me any idea about the rent per day for one person only.
  • 10. Paul Marijeni said on 6/14/2011 9:59:54 AM
    I have have a business proposal between two countries if there is anybody out there with good condition charter plane to fly non stop a distance of 1400km please contact me with your quotation for 50-200passenger aeroplane seater. Contact me at tpm300@yahoo.com or 0027725661300 or 0027787558718
  • 11. cate said on 10/1/2011 7:25:32 PM
    wondering if there is ever an opportunity to hop on a charter that is already going to the same drop off - or find out if there are empty seats on a charter and negotiate payment? thank you
  • 12. Jagadish said on 11/10/2011 1:21:39 AM
    I am interested to understand/start jet chartering business. Any one who is interested share thoughts please drop mail on jagadish568@gmail.com
  • 13. Art Schimmelman said on 4/2/2012 7:28:39 PM
    I am on a transplant list at Mayo Clinic in Arizona. I have a situation where I will be in Mountain Home, Arkansas (Local Airport or Springfield, MO) for a long period of time. Should a kidney become available to Mayo, I must be at Mayo within 8 hours. Springfield is 2 hours drive from Mountain Home and normal flight time is 2.5 hours between Springfield and Sky harbor, Arizona. Any Suggestions?
  • 14. Deeva said on 4/12/2012 2:34:45 PM
    I am also interested to understand/start jet charting business in Toronto,Canada or Delhi, India.Would be appreciated if you share information, thoughts or guideline, please email me at deeva_b@yahoo.ca
  • 15. dharmendra said on 8/31/2012 2:59:51 AM
    i am interested to start jet /chartering business in canda ,mumbai , delhi , india. would be appreciate if you share information ,minimum finance ,bank loans service provider and jet lease info .thoughts of guideline please. cont 9987360339, email .. dharbagul36@gmail.com
  • 16. manish shandilya said on 10/25/2012 4:46:03 AM
    i want to purchase my own charter plane, so i want to know about their cost. i am from muzaffarpur, bihar, india
  • 17. hammed said on 11/30/2012 12:01:39 PM
    I need a private jet for my self, like how much can I get a small jet. Abuja Nigeria
  • 18. chandan said on 12/1/2012 10:43:59 AM
    Hi i want to know the cost of charter plane six seater.
  • 19. Mark Halliday said on 1/24/2013 5:02:23 PM
    I would like to know if there is anyone out there in the aircraft repo. business that could use a guy in the New England area to help track down aircraft that have gone into collections? I love aircraft and would love to learn more about the aircraft repo. business. Thank you
  • 20. Lipon said on 6/17/2013 6:06:49 PM
    This Is Lipon from Dhaka Bangladesh, I want to start the charter of 6 seater 2 nos. Plz could any one suggest me how will i able to get my information n guide line
  • 21. collen said on 9/9/2013 11:41:58 AM
    I just want to knw the starting capital and who should I approached for funding or finance. Anyone with knowledge or advice please drop me an e mail at csikweqe@yahoo.com . South Africa -gauteng
  • 22. uday singh chandel said on 10/11/2013 11:15:56 PM
    hi well i'm looking for a 50 seater charter from delhi to khajuraho to delhi. i hope see on net soon, waiting for mail. please as soon as possible
  • 23. Joshua Davidson said on 10/21/2013 7:13:53 AM
    Hi @uday singh chandel, Please advise when do you want to have the flight? what is your budget?
  • 24. Ron Marx said on 12/15/2013 10:37:46 PM
    Hi All, I work as a business manager for EcoLogique. We have our own Aviation, Avionics companies - since last 30 years in US. We can help to setup your own charter, training and flight service business right from pilot training, selection of jets, helicopters in your budget and help you in maintaining those jets. We also are in a phase of starting up a new expansion plan (like a franchise business). We sell brand new and refurbished aircrafts, helicopters and jets. I would get in touch with those who have provided their contact email, for others, please drop me an email: ecologique.solutions@gmail.com
  • 25. phanidra said on 6/23/2014 8:39:28 AM
    hi i want to know the cost of private jet frm kerala to andra pradesh
  • 26. Mugabi Charles said on 11/9/2014 5:44:42 PM
    I work with different hotels around Uganda and am stationed at Protea Hotel 5 minutes drive from Entebbe International Airport, A helicopter business can earn us some good money around Uganda by the different guests from different Hotels. A ready serious person can contact me @ +256772028461, +256752778461, or at realdreams98@yahoo.com
  • 27. rajesh kumar verma said on 5/1/2015 1:22:59 AM
    2,25000 per hour while in operation , waiting charges 50000 per hour, meals and other refreshment included various airlines have lump sump 25000+- charges , what i am providing is accurate. contact for services.