Cost to Buy a Franchise

Franchising business is becoming a trend. Many entrepreneurs are starting to put up their own franchising business or want to buy a franchise.

But before we consider entering to the franchising world, let us first determine the cost of a franchise and what are we paying for.

Usually, the price of a franchise depends according to the franchisor and the company. It also depends on numerous other factors. Several of these factors involve the extent of the franchise and its location.

Various companies’ view has various price tags, with room accommodation franchises needing the biggest preliminary investment and constant expenses. Usually, the overall investments for it vary from $4 million to $6 million. Next to it are the detailed-service restaurants having an overall investment from $700,000 to $3.5 million. This is followed by fast food restaurants with initial investments of $250,000 to $1 million and auto repair shops with $200,000 to $300,000 as total investments. The mobile and home-based franchises are considered to be the most inexpensive in the buy-in category.

For you to turn into a franchisee, you must first pay the franchise fee. Normally, the franchise fees begin with a minimum amount of $10,000. This is most ordinarily between mobile and home-based business franchises but it can go beyond $100,000. The standard franchise fee extends from $20,000 to $30,000, and each and every franchisor possesses its own series of financial prerequisites that a franchisee must accomplish in order to qualify.

Typically, you pay an up-front franchise fee for the privilege to use the trademarks, trade names and trade secrets of the franchisor and also for executive services included in receiving the franchise established. Most of the time, you will be needed to buy all of the franchise’s initial equipment, as well as signs and product fixtures from the franchisor. You may also be needed to buy most of your materials from the franchisor or from the franchisor-approved sources.

Although you pay the franchise fee in ready money, you still have to have a preliminary investment for your business, have a fixed amount of unborrowed accounts promptly on hand. You must also have a net worth that matches the franchisor’s lowest amount of requirements and a working funds to sustain your continuing expenses. Taking in consideration your business, you might require a minimum of two to three months or a maximum of two to three years worth of working capital. Your franchisor can give an estimate.

You would bring upon yourself preliminary and continuing costs. Honestly, your charge might involve the franchise fee, a preliminary money investment, and professional fees like legal assistance. It can also include insurance, trainings, business licenses, materials and equipment, stock, and plenty of expenses that are related to the retail location like rents, furnishing the store with different fixtures, materials and seating, decorations, signage and the landscaping.

• 1. Jorieka said on 8/7/2012 4:59:44 AM
    I would like to open Victoria Secret franchise in South africa. Is this possible and what is the procedure and costs involved? Awaiting your response
  • 2. Zdenka Fryblova said on 8/15/2012 2:00:56 PM
    I would like to open Victoria Secret franchise in Great Britain in Manchester. Is this possible and what is the procedure and costs involved? Awaiting your response. Thank you for your information. Zdenka
  • 3. Ashleigh said on 9/3/2012 4:39:29 AM
    Victoria Secret franchise to open in South Africa as of tomorrow!
  • 4. Norma said on 9/30/2012 3:25:43 AM
    Dear Sir or Madam, I'm interested in opening up a Victoria's Secret franchise in Germany. Is this possible? What is the procedure? What are the costs? I look forward to hear from you. Kind Regards, Norma
  • 5. I Pocorni said on 10/20/2012 2:25:47 AM
    Hi, I'm interested in starting a Victoria's Secret franchise in Suriname (South America). Can you give me an idea of the costs and time needed to start up? Kind regards.
  • 6. Ian Toloza said on 10/28/2012 2:30:23 PM
    Hello, Im interested in opening a VS here in the United States fort Myers FL and in Mexico Chetumal Quitanaro; therefore, i was wondering if you can help me with the necessary information, procedures, cost etc. Thank you in advance
  • 7. Elena Haralambova said on 10/30/2012 8:46:37 AM
    Hello ! I would like to open a VS store in Burgas, Bulgaria. Can you give me some information and is it possible ? Thank you in advance !
  • 8. Sandi Fitzsimmons said on 10/30/2012 2:18:32 PM
    Hello.... interested in A Victoria Secret store in Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA... Thank you
  • 9. Nathalyn Yu said on 11/5/2012 4:47:37 AM
    Good day! I am interested in franchising Victoria Secret here in the Philippines. Kindly email me for more information. Thank you so much.
  • 10. Sarangua Boldbat said on 11/5/2012 3:31:09 PM
    Hi, I'm interested in starting a Victoria's Secret franchise in Ulaanbaatar ,Mongolia . Can you give some information, procedures,time and to start up? that would very helpful . Kind Regards, Sarah
  • 11. Gcebile Maseko said on 11/12/2012 9:10:26 AM
    Hi i am interested in starting a small Victoria secret in Swaziland, can you please send me all relevant information cost, procedure, and time it takes to set up?
  • 12. zb said on 11/14/2012 3:40:56 AM
    Germany, what are the requirement and business opportunities in order to open a Victoria's Secret Store?
  • 13. Julia said on 11/27/2012 11:56:47 PM
    Dear Dear Sirs, I kindly ask you provide me with information of franchising conditions for VS. I'm highly interested in opening a Victoria's Secret franchise in Russia, Saint Petersburg. Is this possible? What is the procedure? What are the costs? I look forward to hear from you. with very kind regards, Julia
  • 14. bahlakoana said on 12/2/2012 10:40:12 AM
    Maseru, Lesotho, tell me what will it take to open Gap and VS stores?
  • 15. Christina said on 12/16/2012 11:59:07 AM
    I would like to open an Victoria secret franchise in Zimbabwe, Africa
  • 16. Marla Mtz said on 12/17/2012 6:15:04 PM
    Marla I'm interested in starting a Victoria's Secret franchisees In Santa Rosalia Baja Calif. Mexico, can you please send me all information cost, procedure, and time it takes to set up? Thank you.
  • 17. Ricardo Juan said on 1/7/2013 1:14:27 PM
    Would like information in order to inquiry in Franchise for Victiria Secret for Lima Peru. Rgds, Tony
  • 18. mika said on 1/12/2013 12:09:48 PM
    Hi, interested in opening Victoria Secrets store in Bishkek city, Kyrgyzstan. Can u please send me total cost of brand franchising including net and liquid cost. Thank you!
  • 19. Annette said on 1/14/2013 9:45:39 AM
    I am interested in opening a Victoria secret store in Stillwater, Oklahoma . Could you please send franchise information. Thanks, Annette
  • 20. Melanie said on 1/22/2013 12:35:26 PM
    Hi, I am interested in opening a Victoria store in Ottawa, Ontario. Would you please send me franchise information. Thanks, Melanie
  • 21. Brandy said on 1/29/2013 10:07:20 AM
    Interested in opening a Victoria's Secret in Searcy, AR. Please send me franchise information. Thanks, Brandy
  • 22. kristina said on 2/5/2013 4:08:20 PM
    Hi, I am interested in opening a VS store in Ljubljana, Slovenija. So, can u please send me the information of all this story. Thank you. Kristina
  • 23. ifi said on 2/7/2013 5:47:34 AM
    Hi,i am interested in opening a VS store in Cyprus.Please send me franchise information.Thank u!
  • 24. Tina said on 2/8/2013 7:54:55 AM
    Hi, I am interested in opening a VS franchise store in Sofia, Bulgaria. Please send me information if possible. Thanks in advance and best regards!
  • 25. Pascale said on 2/11/2013 1:12:06 PM
    Hi, I'm interested in opening a VS store in Johannesburg or Cape Town, South Africa. Please let me know what the costs and procedures are. Many thanks!
  • 26. Natalia A said on 2/24/2013 11:03:15 AM
    Hello, I am interested in opening a Victoria Secrete store in Medellin, Colombia. Could you please let me know the steps that I need to follow ? Thank you
  • 27. manolis said on 2/28/2013 12:57:07 PM
    I am interested in opening Victoria Secrete store in Thessaloniki Greece. Can you please send me total cost of Franchising and instructions. Thank you in advance for your respond.
  • 28. yarin cossette said on 3/6/2013 11:35:14 PM
    I run a backwoods auto shop in vancouver Wa . I'm tired broke and needing a life opportunity. I enjoy giving and my business isnt profitable enough to meet the demands of those i would love to generously give to. I've never been able to buy my wife Victoria Secret but would like to own a franchise some how. I hear and see its a profitable business . I'm open to starting one anywhere world wide
  • 29. Ben Youssef Lila said on 3/21/2013 4:18:00 AM
    Hi, i am interested in opening a VS store in Tunis, Tunisia. Please send me procedure and costs. Best Regards.
  • 30. Julia said on 4/15/2013 3:36:36 AM
    Good day, I'm interested in opening Victoria Secret store in great city Odessa Ukraine. Can you give me more details about franchise conditions. Thank you, Waiting for your answer, Best regards,Julia juliadob@mail.ru
  • 31. Hollie Revas said on 4/21/2013 11:36:04 PM
    I have a flower and gift shop and wanted to see about Franchising your VS products & provide your products So people do not have to drive 70 to 80 miles to get your Products or go on line. We are a small town of Jay, OK. I appreciate your response in this manner. Respectfully, Hollie Revas
  • 32. Raluca Ciolan said on 5/19/2013 4:05:31 AM
    Hi, I'm interested in opening a VS store in Romania (Bucharest or Brasov). Can you give me some details (prices, conditions)? Thank you, Raluca Ciolan
  • 33. batsaihan said on 6/10/2013 2:48:36 PM
    i am interested in opening of VS store in Mongolia . can u give some information thank u
  • 34. Aditya said on 6/13/2013 4:08:15 AM
    I would like to open Victoria Secret franchise in india. Is this possible and what is the procedure and costs involved? thank you
  • 35. Sophia said on 8/19/2013 7:27:06 AM
    Hello I'm interested in opening a VS store in Prague, Czech Republic.. please provide me with necessary info, kind regards
  • 36. Leila said on 9/2/2013 4:41:16 PM
    Hi I want to open Victoria secret in Bangalore India ... Plz send me the details abt the cost involvement and the procedure as to how to go abt it . Thank u
  • 37. Humberto said on 10/7/2013 7:12:08 AM
    i'm interested in opening a victoria's secret store in Leon Guanajuato Mexico. do i have to buy a franchise? or how can i get the merchandise from victoria's secret factories.
  • 38. Berger Carina said on 10/29/2013 2:34:14 PM
    I would like to open VS Franchise in Germany (Munich) can you please send me all the information i need. Thanks a lot for your help.
  • 39. Cinar said on 1/9/2014 7:18:03 PM
    I would like to open VS Franchise in Germany (Düsseldorf) can you please send me all the information i need. With best regards, Mahmut Cinar
  • 40. Nicola said on 1/15/2014 4:09:13 AM
    Hi there, I would like to open a VS store in South Africa - how would I go about doing so?
  • 41. pinki kumari said on 3/1/2014 4:56:04 AM
    Hi. I would like to take dealership distribution of Victoria Secret lingerie's in India. Kindly tell me the procedure and the cost involve..
  • 42. Kristina said on 3/17/2014 9:54:27 AM
    Hello! I am from Lithuania and i would like to open Victoria's Secret shop in Vilnius (capital of Lithuania). In Lithuania we do not have any shops of VS and also in the near countries. Could you send my all necessary information about franchising, fees and special requirements? Thank You in advance, i would be happy!
  • 43. Zakia said on 3/29/2014 8:22:29 PM
    Can you please send me information about opening a Victoria secret franchise in morocco. Thanks.
  • 44. Mansi said on 4/15/2014 2:22:39 PM
    Hi, I'm from India. Could you please send me the necessary information about franchising in India. Thanks!
  • 45. Ana said on 5/22/2014 4:38:13 AM
    Hello, can you please send me information (the procedure) for opening a VC store in Skopje?
  • 46. stefany said on 6/2/2014 5:03:00 AM
    Hi dear, I would like to open a VS store in Cyprus - how would I go about doing
  • 47. ANURUDDHA PERERA said on 6/30/2014 8:21:01 AM
    HI, AM FROM COLOMBO SRILANKA. I WOULD LIKE TO OPEN UP VS SHOWROOM IN SRILANKA. SO WILL YOU ALL HELP ME TO GET THIS JOB DONE. YOUR CO-OPERATION HIGHLY APPRECIATED ON THIS MATTER. THANKING YOU, REGARDS, ANURUDDHA PERERA. +94 712099938
  • 48. shenelle said on 7/7/2014 5:35:38 PM
    I would like to open VS Franchise in Trinidad and Tobago. can you please send me all the information i need about franchising, fees and any special requirements? Best regards.
  • 49. Frank I. said on 7/21/2014 1:44:52 AM
    Dear Sir/Madam, Please, could you inform us on the conditions of VS's franchise in Middle Asia starting from the fees ending with the rest of requirements. Cheers, F.I.
  • 50. Bianca said on 8/12/2014 12:44:06 AM
    Hi! I would like to open VS's Franchise in Romania. Can you please send me all the information i need? Best regards
  • 51. Christopher O'Keefe said on 8/23/2014 11:27:39 PM
    I prospectively would like to open a Victoria Secret Store in Perth Western Australia (west Coast of Australia - the most isolated city in the world). Could you please forward any/all information regarding franchising this wonderful brand. Kind regards. Chris.
  • 52. silvia said on 8/30/2014 5:09:13 PM
    Hello, I would like to open Victoria Secret store in Zagreb, Croatia. Could you please give me important information and details about costs, fees and procedures? Thank you
  • 53. inna said on 9/11/2014 6:50:22 AM
    Dear Sir/Madam, We would like to open Victoria's Secret store in Ukraine. Could you please provide us with the information and requirements. Thank you in advance.
  • 54. Krisna Gokoel said on 9/13/2014 4:11:34 PM
    Hi, I would like to open a Victoria's Secret Store in Georgetown Guyana. Could you please provide me with the information and requirements? Thank you.
  • 55. Marong said on 9/15/2014 12:32:07 PM
    Hello! I would like to open VS shop in Belarus. Could you please send me the information about this procedure? Thank you! Best regards!
  • 56. Rita said on 10/14/2014 4:36:33 AM
    Hi, I am interested in opening a Victoria store in Kaunas, Lithuania. Could you send my all necessary information about franchising, fees and special requirements? Thank You in advance!
  • 57. dali said on 11/15/2014 11:38:25 AM
    I am looking forward to open a Victoria's Secret Franchise in Tunisia. I am really aware about the local market and customers' needs. could you please send me all the necessary information and procedures. thank you
  • 58. GNS said on 11/23/2014 12:56:38 PM
    Hi, can you tell me how i do to open a VS franchise in spain? Thank you
  • 59. Mark said on 12/5/2014 9:42:54 AM
    Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to open a VS store in Bratislava, Slovakia. Could you be so kind and provide me with requirements and other informations? Thank you in advance.
  • 60. Lucille Ardy said on 12/10/2014 7:27:36 PM
    Will be happy to open a shop in Ghana west Africa.
  • 61. Helen said on 12/31/2014 12:53:36 PM
    Hello, I would like to open Victoria secret franchise in Greece (Athens). Is this possible and can you give some information, please? Thank you...Helen papadopoulou
  • 62. SC said on 1/4/2015 4:00:37 PM
    Happy New Year! I am very much interested in opening a VS franchise in Trinidad and Tobago. Is that possible, if so what is the procedure and costing involved? Thank you in advance for your kind response.
  • 63. Florentin Tzvetkov said on 1/9/2015 12:36:48 PM
    Hello and Happy New 2015 Year!!! I am interested to open Victoria secret franchise in Bulgaria. How I can Start that if is possible can you give me information about that. Thank you Mr.Florentin Tzvvetkov
  • 64. Rasa said on 2/2/2015 1:24:37 AM
    Dear Sir/Madam, I am from Lithuania and i would like to open Victoria's Secret shop in Klaipeda. In Lithuania we do not have any shops of VS and also in the near countries. Could you send my all necessary information about franchising, fees and special requirements? Thank you in advance.
  • 65. Patricia said on 3/31/2015 7:32:15 AM
    Hello, I would like to open a Victoria's Secret store in Bratislava, Slovakia or Vienna, Austria or Prague, Czech Republic. Could you be so kind and provide me with requirements and other information? Thank you in advance. Patricia
  • 66. Maria said on 4/3/2015 6:30:59 AM
    Hello, I would like open a victoria secret store in germany in Leipzig. Can you give me informations about it?
  • 67. aaron said on 6/16/2015 3:37:41 PM
    Hello, I would like to open a Victoria secret in anchorage, alaska. I am from phoenix, az and i am currently serving in alaska with the US Army. Can you provide me with the procedures to opening a franchise, and any other information needed?
  • 68. Valeriy said on 8/4/2015 4:40:21 AM
    dear Sir or Madam, I would like to ask for more information, conditions and costs connected to opening the store of Victoria's secret in Bratislava, Slovakia. Thanks for Your respond in advance. Kindest Regards, Valeriy
  • 69. Joly Guo said on 8/12/2015 7:11:03 AM
    Dear Sir or Madam, I found Vietnam and Taiwan are very potential markets to enlarge your brand, the Victoria's Secret. I am looking forward to discuss more about terms and conditions to develop the brand in the countries. Best wishes, Joly Guo
  • 70. Jayanthi said on 8/14/2015 2:39:39 AM
    I would like to open an outlet in Bangalore, India. Please do contact me
  • 71. Grace said on 9/7/2015 5:14:54 PM
    Hello! I'm very interested in opening a Victoria's Secret franchise in Statesboro, Georgia, United States. Could you please send me the requirements and information. I look forward to hear from you. Thank you!
  • 72. Leigh said on 9/28/2015 9:51:50 PM
    Hello, I'm looking into opening a Victoria Secret with family members in Australia (NSW) Newcastle area. The closest VS to us is up to 2.5hrs away! Thanks! Let me know the requirements etc.
  • 73. Steven BAKER said on 10/14/2015 10:44:23 PM
    Hi,I'm very interested in opening Victoria Secret franchise in the Seychelles. The location will be at Eden plaza Eden Island. Could you please send me the requirements. I look forward to hear from you. Thank You.
  • 74. Nastja said on 10/17/2015 6:37:49 AM
    Mr./mrs., I am interested in opening Victoria secret franchise. We dont have not even one in our country yet. I would love to be the one that can open it. I am from Slovenia and the store will be in Ljubljana. I am prepared to fulfill your expectations. Thank you for your answer.
  • 75. Vadim said on 10/18/2015 5:41:36 AM
    Hello, I would like to open a Victoria's Secret Store in Larnaka Cyprus. Could you please provide me with the information and requirements? Thank you.
  • 76. Nguyen michelle said on 11/1/2015 10:54:51 PM
    Dears Mr/Mrs, I 'm living in New Caledonia .I would like open one Victoria secret shop in my place. I have a local yet. Could you help me to open one shop. Could you tell me how much the franchise. How i can do?Thank you
  • 77. Shay valensi said on 11/25/2015 8:59:44 AM
    Hi, I would like to get some information about how I can start to move along with opening a branch of Victoria secret in tel aviv, Israel, please inform me, thanks, Shay.
  • 78. Rajendran said on 11/25/2015 11:31:35 AM
    Dear sir,I am very much interested in opening a Victoria Secret store in Chennai South India.Please and kindly revert me with details and the capital required.Thank you
  • 79. Kobe Appiah said on 12/30/2015 10:48:35 AM
    HI, I want to open Victoria Secret in Ghana west Africa. I need more info. Thanks
  • 80. Alice Dansoa said on 12/30/2015 10:54:47 AM
    Hello I love Victoria Secret. I want to help expand Victoria Secret to Africa, Accra the Capital of Ghana. Please I need your help and advice.
  • 81. Marek said on 1/18/2016 4:38:11 PM
    Hi, i would like to get same information about how i can opening Victoria Secret store in the Slovakai. Could you tell me more information about franchise . Thank you
  • 82. bogdan said on 3/22/2016 8:18:18 PM
    Hello ,i would like to open a Victoria Secret store in city Timisoara , country Romania , Europa can i have more information , please thank you
  • 83. Ericia Cook said on 6/2/2016 6:51:29 PM
    I am interested in the cost of opening a Victoria Secret in Elko, Nevada Thank you.
  • 84. Stefanos said on 10/23/2016 8:48:02 AM
    Hello there, I would like to open a VS store in Cyprus. Can I have some info please? Thanks
  • 85. Justyna said on 11/10/2016 3:38:59 AM
    Hello, I am leaving in Norway, Bergen can you send me more details about franchise VS store or how to open one? thank you