How to Start an Indian Restaurant Business

Food is something one can't stay away with; we also love to taste variety of food around the world. Indian foods are widely popular in an around US and UK, Indian dishes are healthy and spicy too. Looking into current needs one can easily say this business has lots of scope to grow.

Fact: Food, no one person can live without it. Ergo, there is a need.
Fact: In the US alone, people outnumber food establishments by no less than seven digits. Ergo, the demand is way beyond great.

indian restaurant

So then, if the need is basic and demand is considerable, how come quite a number restaurants end up folding after a bad run? What went wrong? The answer to this conundrum is quite simple and can be summed up with just one word--expectation. Simply put, the successful restaurant meets the expectations of its target market while the unsuccessful restaurant does not.

How does a wannabe restaurateur avoid this pitfall then? The answer to this can again be summed up with just one word--homework. Sufficient preparation and thorough market research is a must in starting a restaurant business.

Another fact, no one restaurant has a universal appeal. It is impossible to grab hold of the full 100% of the market. Attempting such a mammoth goal will only result to failure. The market’s taste and preference is as diverse as it is wide. Realistically speaking, a restaurateur can only tap around five to ten percent of the total consumer population pie.

Undaunted? Good. That’s a big chunk as it is so there’s no cause for alarm. Now the next step is for you to think of a restaurant concept. Nothing comes to mind? Here’s a suggestion. Why not try Indian cuisine?

Indian food has been in existence for several centuries and has evolved through time to uphold the symbol of Indian culture. It is known for its intricate blending of exotic spices, veggies, and meat to create one truly delectable dish. History and flavor, that’s pretty hard to top. It’s no wonder Indian restaurants have grown in popularity over the years.

If you’re not familiar with the cuisine, here’s a rundown of some interesting bits that you can use as a selling point:
  • The spices used in Indian dishes are meant to enhance the main ingredient and not the other way around. A complete Indian meal consists of at least two main course dishes. These are complimented with staples such as rice and bread (roti).
  • Curry is not the be all and end all of an Indian dish. Other favored spices include, chillies, saffron, ghee, tamarind, coconut, mustard. Collectively, these spices are called Garam Masala. This is distinct to every household and restaurant and serves as the backbone of the dish.
  • Not only is Indian cuisine flavorful and delicious, it is healthy and nutritious as well. Most dishes are made up mostly of fruits and vegetables. The idea that Indian cuisine is fatty, rich, and oily is a definite misconception.
  • The spices used in Indian cuisine are not as exotic as it seems. In other words, they are not hard to find. This could be the case before, but no longer. Indian spices are readily available in most supermarkets. Further, most Indian dishes do not require special cooking equipment so setting up your kitchen can be done easily enough.

• How to do Local Restaurant Marketing
    There are a lot of ways of local restaurant marketing. These ways are proven and tested and could make your business popular and patronized by more customers.
  • Tips on Restaurant Equipment Financing
    There are a lot of sources of restaurant equipment financing that you can avail. All you need is to look for those found near your locality.

• 1. gerald said on 7/14/2008
    Your last para mentions cooking equipment. What sort of equipment is required for an Indian restaurant? g.quinn@live.com
  • 2. vipul said on 9/28/2008
    article is fine.. not so good mail me some more good ideas of starting it. vpul.gupta@yahoo.com
  • 3. Vyoma said on 10/22/2008
    Your article puts light on Indian Cuisine, then I feel you should mention some of famous delicacies found in India, veg, non veg both. And more over ambiance and location plays an important role in success of any restaurant.Please give some inputs on that too.
  • 4. mohanamuthukumar.k.p.k. said on 1/4/2009 10:01:37 PM
    i need to start the business in home in the night time please give the details in my email address thankyou.
  • 5. SATHEESH KUMAR said on 1/19/2009 4:06:36 AM
    I WANT TO BECOME AN ENTREPRUENER,SO PLS SEND ME ALL RHE BUSINESS IDEAS U HAVE GOT SO THAT I CAN IMPLEMENT IT.....
  • 6. Shwetabh Varma said on 1/20/2009 8:07:24 AM
    Do the PE firms readily finance a startup? what are the other sources of getting a startup food business financed? If i go ahead with a make shift trolley to be stationed in front of a office, does that need some sort of license.
  • 7. Vijay said on 1/25/2009 1:14:44 PM
    I want to start a catering business (Indian cuisine) from home. Please send me the details to my e-mail address. Thank you.
  • 8. wasim said on 1/30/2009 3:38:55 AM
    I want to establish a soup outlet particularly in the alps for ski-goers who can savour soups from india particularly kashmir while running down the alps. please provide me details
  • 9. priyadarshini said on 2/9/2009 5:54:58 AM
    article has a general idea. can u tell how more efficiently a less invested restaurant that would function only at night times can be started.. how to cover and sustain the customers?
  • 10. Ranjan Sethi said on 3/13/2009 11:41:46 AM
    I want to start Indian restaurant business in UK. Please guide in the matter as to how I can proceed in this matter. Waiting for the response Ranjan Sethi
  • 11. Ragini said on 3/15/2009 5:58:01 PM
    I'm planning to start Indian Restaurant in US (North Carolina). I need all the input and suggestions. Please help. Many thanks.
  • 12. faraz anwer said on 3/16/2009 1:26:18 PM
    hi i want to start a resto business i have bit of idea about it but need more information regarding the same.
  • 13. K.V RAAMANA said on 3/20/2009 7:37:19 AM
    I'm planning to start Indian Restaurant in in india and kuwait, Middle East. I need all the input and suggestions. Please help. Many thanks. kvenkataramanaiah@yahoo.co +965 67746294, +965 99235157
  • 14. sikander.ahsan said on 3/26/2009 9:33:39 AM
    hi, i would love to start up an indian garment/jewellery and shoes business. Also i'm working for a comp and would like to provide packed indian meals. I have been complimented about my cooking a few times. Would i need a hygiene/health and safety certificate working from home? please supply info for both businesses. Thank you.
  • 15. Suryaprakash kothari said on 3/28/2009 7:33:21 AM
    I STARTED A RESTUARANT BUSINESS FIRST TIME IN RAMJHULA RISHIKESH 3 MONTHS AGO. IN MY MENU CONTINENTAL, INDIAN, CHINESE FOOD ITEM. I WANT SUGGESTION ABOUT THE HOW CAN I GET GOOD RESPONSE & GOOD PROFIT.
  • 16. Ajay said on 4/3/2009 11:59:35 AM
    Hi i would like to start an indian restaurant business(Like TOGO Type and evening snacks and like biriyani point). What are the legal formalities? any ideas how to build a kitchen(how much it cost) and all. please help me.
  • 17. Kiran S said on 4/12/2009 9:16:40 PM
    Please provide us with all information related to opening an Indian Restaurant/Grocery Store. Reply will be appreciated.
  • 18. Rajesh said on 4/20/2009 9:15:41 AM
    Hi i want to open a restaurant in Singapore, basically i am an Engineer, Give me some idea to process..
  • 19. D Shah said on 4/26/2009 4:06:41 PM
    You have some comments regarding the indian cuisine, how ever Can you provide information regarding how to start up the Indian restaurant. I mean expenses, investment etc. Thanks
  • 20. pell said on 5/27/2009 8:40:13 AM
    i want to start a restaurant regarding italian, thai, mexican, punjabi. so which type of equipments we needed, and what is the budget of it?
  • 21. lakshminarayanan said on 6/4/2009 6:09:11 AM
    content in the site is good. But i would like to know the basic formalities to start the business, like (Rights, Permission, basic needs). if you could give this i will be very much thankful
  • 22. RK said on 6/4/2009 12:14:39 PM
    if any one interested in starting indian restaurant in Limerick, PA I have space. send me an email at allark@yahoo.com
  • 23. amit said on 6/16/2009 1:11:36 PM
    Hi, i would like to start an indian restaurant business. What are the legal formalities? any ideas how to build a kitchen(how much it cost) and all. Your last para mentions cooking equipment. What sort of equipment is required for an Indian restaurant? please provide me details on my email.......i.e. amitmodel17@gmail.com
  • 24. La Dawn Di Mascio said on 6/19/2009 2:01:06 PM
    We've moved here from the UK and before that, Africa and we love indian food. Impossible to get here in a restaurant, but there are three shops here that sell indian ingredients. There is quite a large expat UK population here that is dying for indian food and we're interested in investing the entire fiasco that might be involved in starting up a restaurant here. We're in Northern italy, and there are loads of UK pilots (and families), EU commission and american families here, so it might be quite a good venture - as we all love italian food but crave something different as well. We would not, quite frankly, appeal to italians, but rather to all the expats that live here. Any advice???
  • 25. Prabhat said on 6/26/2009 1:28:53 AM
    Hello, Please provide me detailed information for opening an Indian restaurant outside India. I have already lost my job and need to settle down life. Please help me.
  • 26. KHALEEQ AHMAD said on 6/30/2009 4:44:06 PM
    I want to start a catering business (Indian cuisine) from home in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. How much cost will be incurred. Please send me the details to my e-mail address. Thank you
  • 27. Shaji.D said on 7/1/2009 9:01:51 PM
    Sir, thanks for your article. i have a plan to start a restaurant in kerala, india. please provide some details and advices, thank you.
  • 28. gurpreet singh said on 7/2/2009 8:34:17 PM
    i want to open indian take in small town, What sort of equipment is required for an Indian restaurant? and how much investment in euro..? please reply..gcooll@ymail.com, regards, gsingh
  • 29. kavita said on 7/6/2009 4:39:27 AM
    hi... i want to start an indian restaurant in kuwait but i want to start a take away business. i dont know if a take away business for an indian restaurant will be good or not? and can you guide me in what i have to do to start this business... i appreciate if you could assist me. thank you
  • 30. sneha said on 7/7/2009 6:09:21 AM
    i am keen to start restaurant business. but i wanted information from you. what are the basic requirements like legal formalities, initial cost involved, profit margin, tips to efficiently running it, what if business fails. any back up plans? thanking you in anticipation, for your help. regards, sneha
  • 31. Shilpa said on 7/9/2009 1:45:15 PM
    Hi.. I am interested in opening a restaurant, can you let me know what is needed for it like:
    1. How to get funding 2. location 3. chef/cooks 4. menu planning etc. My main concern is how to get financial help and do banks give loans for this? What is the general expense for initial setup. These questions make me take a back seat and that's why I have not been able to pursue it much. thanks.
  • 32. Daljit Sahota said on 7/13/2009 9:22:16 AM
    HI, I want to open Indian restaurant in upstate NY. Need further information. Otherwise I always get compliments for my cooking and suggestions that I should open up restaurant. Please guide me some regarding this matter. What is starting cost? Expenses? Thanks
  • 33. Manik Pandey said on 7/17/2009 6:10:47 PM
    I want to open an Indian restaurant in Markham(sub-urban of Toronto, Canada). Where I can find detail of equipments required. Thanks, Manik, mkpandey_1999@yahoo.com
  • 34. Syed Ali said on 7/27/2009 8:05:24 AM
    We are in hospitality and Travel business in India and our group want to open Indian restaurant in ABERDEEN, U.K and would like to know what are the legal aspects and formalities, permissions needed for the same.
  • 35. mythili_jb said on 8/8/2009 8:02:13 AM
    HI, I'm mythili here. i also a college student doing diploma in business. I WANT TO BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR. I'm interested to open Indian restaurant in Malaysia. Need further information. Otherwise I always get compliments for my cooking and suggestions that I should open up restaurant. Please guide me some regarding this matter. Thanks
  • 36. sagar said on 8/16/2009 9:13:23 AM
    your information regarding indian restaurant is pretty good but i want to know the license policy for starting the restaurant and the approx or the exact cost that i'll incur for the same.
  • 37. Samuel Rajkumar said on 8/18/2009 1:36:54 PM
    I want to sell my Indian Restaurant which is making good business and profit. Please contact me if interested and need more information.
  • 38. rakesh said on 8/26/2009 5:20:47 PM
    hello, i am planning to start a multi-cuisine restaurant, i need to know all the details regarding setting up a kitchen to hiring cooks, waiters, concepts. i am planning to target medium and upper medium customers. so please send me the details on my mail id, my email id is trakeshsingh@gmail.com
  • 39. Mayur sharma said on 8/27/2009 7:14:02 AM
    hi, La Dawn Di Mascio. I read your comment, if we can talk we can get some ideas interchanged. here is my email address mayursharma3@rediffmail.com.
  • 40. Arif said on 8/28/2009 12:11:56 PM
    As a US citizen, what are the formalities for starting an Indian restaurant in UK? Would UK allow me to bring cooks/employees from India? What are the immigration requirements for that? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • 41. Ramessh said on 8/31/2009 11:39:45 AM
    Hi, Thanks for your advises. I would like to start a french fries stall in india. Could you help me with the setup as to how much would it cost, what equipments are required etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated
  • 42. ninad said on 9/2/2009 6:36:27 AM
    I want to start a restaurant in small investment. I have a nice big place, so can you please give me details. send me a mail
  • 43. Dhaval said on 9/5/2009 12:52:54 AM
    I want to start a Indian restaurant (South Indian). I am wondering about business plan and details. Also how much experience does it take to make the indian restaurant? Please e-mail me.
  • 44. Imtiaz beginner adviser said on 9/9/2009 8:38:10 PM
    Hello guys, I am a catering consultant in London with experience particularly with Indian cuisine. If you would like any advice or help contact me I will be glad to help you out and tell you about:
    - Location Scouting/acquisition (restaurant premises)
    - Equipment sourcing (commercial kitchen equipment, furnishings)
    - Hiring workforce (chefs, cooks, waiters, managers)
    - Fresh produce supplies
    - Marketing concepts
    - Legal matters/ Licensing etc.
    - Financial costs
    No problem, I have already helped set up a 200 seater Indian tapas bar and restaurant in the heart of Central London (West End) working with former Taj Group managers.

I have helped in the set up a trendy cafe milkshake bar in prominent Essex, England and a grill restaurant takeaway in the same area, as well as a Latin American catering this year.
    Kind regards, you can email me anytime on grandcanapes@gmail.com. Imtiaz

Catering & Restaurant Business Consultant

• 45. Sudeepta said on 9/15/2009 9:55:49 AM
    15 years experience in Food & small Businesses, I am part of a Highly Cost Effective, Efficient & Excellent Value for Money–Committed Team that's available to run an Indian Restaurant. We are a team of 3 with a total experience of more than 25 years in managing, individually running & operating F&B Operations in Hotel, Cruises and other small businesses. Ideal for anyone interested to start an Indian restaurant & later interested to diversify into ready to eat/ ready to cook Indian foods, Eco Friendly handicrafts and Organic Spices & Condiments. Our Specialty – Vegetarian Cuisine. We offer our services at extremely competitive rates. Please send a mail to acsbhubaneswar@gmail.com and we can discuss & proceed with your dream project.
  • 46. sunil said on 11/3/2009 5:13:08 PM
    Hi, I'm a student in usa and about to complete my course and interested to start my own restaurant business in usa? Can any one help me out... is it illegal? Need suggestions... sunisam@ymail.com Regards, Sunil
  • 47. Santosh said on 11/15/2009 1:18:59 AM
    Hi, I am planning on opening an Indian Restaurant in Chicago-North west suburbs. Please let me know, if anyone is interested in partnership or can contribute in anyway. Thanks, Santosh.(santoshkumar2000@gmail.com)
  • 48. satarupa maitra said on 11/18/2009 3:36:51 AM
    can anyone tell me how to start an indian restaurant in singapore
  • 49. Atish Rajcoomar said on 12/5/2009 2:08:27 PM
    kindly assist with a detail business plan to set up an indian restaurant in durban, south africa. Contact details +27 832072667
  • 50. vijay said on 12/6/2009 11:26:34 AM
    i want to start a roof top restaurant in a 4 story mall. can i have a financially viable plan. I am planning to invest around 20 lakh rupees initially. The rent of the place is about 90000 rupees p.m.
  • 51. Sonia said on 12/10/2009 2:08:08 AM
    A pure bengali food restaurant in Hyderabad and then in USA (New Jersey. So, need to know how to start with the restaurant at the initial stage and how to make break-even with the full proof business plan. Plz reply a bit urgent
  • 52. r.singh said on 12/10/2009 4:37:11 PM
    i want to start a roof top restaurant. can i have a financially viable plan. I am planning to invest around 20 lakh rupees initially. The rent of the place is about 90000 rupees p.m. besides i need to know all the details regarding setting up a kitchen to hiring cooks, waiters, concepts. i am planning to target medium and upper medium customers. thank u in advance
  • 53. Raj said on 12/17/2009 3:21:56 PM
    Are you interested to start your Restaurant business in the following places? India, Malaysia, Kuwait, China, Indonesia, Philipines, Canada and UK. Bar and Night Club - Amman, Jordan. We can assist you for full Restaurant/Bar/Pub/Night Club setup, project report and finding you a investors/partners. You should have budget approximately US $ 100000/- to $ 200000/-.
    Best place to start a Restaurant now in China -
    Best Place to start Bar/Pub/Night Club- Jordan, Thailand, Indonesia and China.
    Start your Restaurant in Mumbai, India - Cost - US $ 50,000-100000/-
    Please write us for more information : aamcon@gmail.com
  • 54. Anandha Krishnan said on 12/24/2009 7:59:02 PM
    Hey folks, I am restaurateur based out of Chennai, India. currently in Charlotte, NC. Plan well in advance before u start up an Indian Cuisine. In case you need any assistance reach me out in mail. I am neither a consultant or a solution's provider but i can help you out sharing my knowledge and experience. Of course its free.. :) all the best.
  • 55. pavankumar said on 12/26/2009 9:34:23 AM
    I want to start a indian restaurant in Singapore. My preferred location is little india seragoon road, with 30 seating capacity (750sft) my initial capital to set up a restaurant is 55000$(sgd). Please guide, we can start up a restaurant with my investment. can we do the business with 2 foreign directors in the company, is it possible.
  • 56. shahram said on 12/31/2009 4:20:29 AM
    i want to start with iranian food in suburb of kuala lampour for iranian student and local people even Malaysian. pls advise cost, rules, residence cost for single and residence visa.
  • 57. Rajat said on 1/2/2010 7:26:59 AM
    I & my wife have a dream of opening up a restaurant, the servings would be typical bengali dish, which the people have not tasted for a long time. Shukto, dal-bori, dhoka-r dalnaa, piyaaji, murighonto, chingri machh er malaikari, koi machh er horo-gouri, methi shaak er porota, alu r porota, and others. Can someone please help us to make our dreams come true? Thanks:-
  • 58. Rachna Balaji said on 1/2/2010 8:37:35 AM
    hi, even i am interested in opening a restaurant in India, but like others have no clue about it, kindly help me too with; how to choose the area, the menu, the staff? and do i have to go through a formal training in the hotel management n stuff ? please mail me, chennai, india
  • 59. Ram said on 1/5/2010 4:16:24 PM
    Planing to start a Indian restaurant in USA chicago. Please send me details.
  • 60. Subramanya said on 1/6/2010 1:15:30 AM
    Hi Anandha Krishnan, Can you please give me your email id. I'm planning to open restaurant in Maryland. Your inputs will be helpful. Thanks, Subramanya
  • 61. Subramanya said on 1/6/2010 1:20:15 AM
    I'm planning to open Indian Restaurant in Maryland, USA. Need suggestions regarding setup costs, finding cooks, where to find kitchen related stuff etc... Please email me at ksgemail@yahoo.com, your inputs will be really helpful for my decision. Thanks Subramanya
  • 62. Rohit kothari said on 1/6/2010 3:11:52 AM
    I want to start tea And coffee cafe business in mumbai. give me suggestion about what investment required and which location is good for start up .
  • 63. jude said on 1/7/2010 4:06:57 PM
    I would like to start it as a catering service and then move to a restaurant. Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • 64. lax said on 1/12/2010 10:10:56 AM
    hi, I want to open an Indian restaurant in jackson, tn, usa. what are the basic requirements like legal formalities? I want some guidelines for how to go ahead with it. Please help me. thanks laxmi
  • 65. Mintardidi said on 1/16/2010 1:55:25 AM
    I want to start new fast food cum evening snacks/sandwich stall in Banglore city in India near bansangir stage 3/jayanagar 4 or 6 block with lum sum investment of Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
  • 66. gchandrakumar said on 1/17/2010 8:23:16 AM
    i like to start hotel business in bangalore kasturinagar please give suggestion and ideas for earlier to act
  • 67. kusuma said on 1/21/2010 7:21:59 PM
    I would like to start an Indian Restaurant in Santa Clara , CA, USA. I don't know where to start from. I want the information about the starting costs and permissions needed. Any help is appreciated.
  • 68. sameer lone said on 1/23/2010 3:57:21 AM
    i want to open my veg fast food restaurant in baramulla jammu and kashmir.. have my own space in heart of the town
  • 69. bijujoseph said on 1/24/2010 2:35:46 AM
    i want star a restaurant in kerala please give me good suggestion, ideas, about location and investment.
  • 70. Anjan said on 1/24/2010 6:25:35 AM
    1. How to get funding
    2. location
    3. chef
  • 71. lancao said on 1/24/2010 11:41:39 AM
    I want open an Indian restaurant in Inner Mongolia China need help on how to open an Indian restaurant.
  • 72. abhi said on 1/28/2010 12:46:11 AM
    i want to open a restaurant in india, jaipur. i need ideas for the theme which will be profitable. also i need tips on location, staff, purchasing both equipment as well as food and most important of all how to get the funding.
  • 73. AJO JOSE said on 1/29/2010 4:00:01 PM
    Hello, I would like to start a typical Kerala cuisine restaurant in Idukki district, Kerala. My problem is i dont have money to start business such a situation how can i raise the fund to start business. What is the formalities and interest rate of Bank loan? Which bank is more reasonable? Government rules and regulations to start restaurant in Taluk and Urbam areas. AJO JOSE, ajojose111@gmail.com. Thodupuzha, Kerala, India
  • 74. Lalit Thakur said on 2/2/2010 12:56:13 PM
    hey hi, I am Lalit Thakur and interested to open my own restaurant business in Jalgaon Maharashtra INDIA. Its my dream to become owner of a group of restaurants. my background is also from the same field I have done my Graduation in hotel management please guide me how can I open own restaurant and which things I should consider and tell me about location which I have selected for my business. plzz help me in my business
  • 75. Arshad said on 2/2/2010 3:49:13 PM
    Hi, This is Arshad i want to open a pure hyderabadi restaurant in Hyderabad, so please advise me what are the basic formalities mandatory to go with. please send the details to my email id - Thanks
  • 76. rakesh kumar said on 2/4/2010 5:14:59 AM
    hi, I'm rakesh kumar and interested to open new restaurant in odense in Denmark. please advise me.
  • 77. raja sohail said on 2/5/2010 2:32:39 PM
    hello my name is sohail i'm from pakistan. i have friend in malysia we want to make a garment shop in sarawak, malysia.. plz help me how much money we need to make a garment shop in sarawak, malysia
  • 78. bhim singh said on 2/6/2010 11:29:31 AM
    hi my name is bhim singh from delhi hotel park land kailash colony executive chef. i want to open take away but only chinese, please give idea so that i can open soon
  • 79. Raj said on 2/8/2010 9:14:06 AM
    business location: london surroundings (near 25 miles outside). UK. I want to open an indian restaurant and provide food and drinks and take away.
  • 80. Monish said on 2/11/2010 9:11:25 AM
    How do I start a Fast Food joint in the US? Plz let me know all the formalities and the procedure? Can I also know the estimated Overall Investment for the same.. Thank you.
  • 81. Sanjana said on 2/14/2010 4:23:16 PM
    Hi, I would like to start an indian restaurant in Carmel, Indiana, USA. Not a very elaborate one, but something which provides unique authentic south indian items like dosa, masala vadai, lemon rice etc. Just cater for few evening hours. Would like to know the cost involved and also where to approach for finance. Thank you.
  • 82. Toms said on 2/15/2010 9:04:14 AM
    I want to start a restaurant in Kuwait. Can you advise me the legal formalities regarding, licensing, municipalities, and other legal formalities. Regards, saji
  • 83. Varsha said on 2/17/2010 7:29:38 AM
    Hello Guys, I want to start a kiosk or a Quick service restaurant in Jaipur, Basically serving South Indian Idli's and Dosa. Could u give me an rough estimate in setting up this business all by myself, investment is not an issue, but i want to know what are the main expenditures involved. please help me i really want this to happen.
  • 84. Gaurav said on 2/18/2010 4:34:05 AM
    Hi, planing to open a fast food restaurant at agra, can you suggest the initial investment needed and what kind of menu to target students and young people.
  • 85. Chinmay Dalvi said on 2/21/2010 4:01:07 AM
    I am Chinmay Dalvi. I want to start takeaway business at mentioned City. so if you can tell me the formalities necessary for starting a food takeaway business. Nashik, Maharashtra, India. Thank you, Chinmay Dalvi, Hand held:+91-9820369924
  • 86. Amit said on 2/21/2010 10:54:41 PM
    I would like to start an Indian restaurant in Denver, Colorado, USA. Any help with information about startup costs, chef etc. is much appreciated.
  • 87. raj said on 2/22/2010 1:12:00 PM
    We are planning to start an Indian Restaurant near cleveland, OH. We are in the process of researching if we can take over an existing place or should we start a new one. The current restaurant near by is not functioning great. If possible, can u please let us know, what the initial estimate would be for setting up a brand new place that can seat at least 40 people. Servers South Indian Food and has a bar too?? any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • 88. prakash said on 2/23/2010 8:58:55 PM
    Hello Mr Ananda krishnan, can you give me your email address so that I can communicate with you regarding restaurant business. Thanks
  • 89. Vijayabhaskar said on 2/24/2010 4:53:05 AM
    Hi Dear, I am interested in opening a restaurant in India at Chennai, Basically Am an Mechanical Engineer, Let me know the thing like How to get Financial support, Cooker and etc...
  • 90. KP said on 3/1/2010 5:50:37 PM
    Hello. Anyone interested in starting a restaurant in Bangalore, please write to me. Looking for a partner. Email: dkarthickprabu@gmail.com. Shall discuss more details in mail. Thank you.
  • 91. chandru said on 3/3/2010 4:09:08 PM
    Since Malaysian population growing up rapidly, the demands for fast foods especially for an indian cuisine are very high. So i'm planning to open an indian restaurant in Malaysia not an ordinary but something fulfill the needs of Malaysian as well as foreigners too. I'm considering in terms of high level customer service, healthy and delicious cuisine, promoting every single Indian food in the way of truly Indian culture, and also emphasizing in fine dining as well. I needs help from anyone that very well in Indian foods(North, South, East, West) and investors are welcomed. I'm going to start the biz soon so i need someone that can participate with me. If anyone interested please send email to my email id..thank you. ex_chandru@yahoo.com.my
  • 92. SRIRAMARAO DUGYALA said on 3/4/2010 12:03:51 AM
    I want to run a small kitchen in Singapore if any body interested to give lease or rent please contact me. I have 25 years experience in andhra & hyderabad local food like dum biriyanies. I run a meals house in hyderabad last 25 years. So please contact me. e male address dsriramarao@yahoo.co.in Thanks
  • 93. Tharanadan said on 3/4/2010 1:04:26 AM
    Myself Tharanadan and settled in Faridabad, Haryana. I would like to start a South Indian Restaurant in Sector 34 or 37 in Faridabad. I have no previous experience in this field. Could you please tell how much investment required for a small restaurant? What are all kitchen equipment required for this project. Awaiting valuable response from all well wishers.
  • 94. Ganesh Shetty beginner adviser said on 3/6/2010 3:41:37 AM
    Hi, Tharanadan you need to have at least 5 lacs for small restaurant.

Ganesh
    foodconcepts360@gmail.com

• 95. Ganesh Shetty beginner adviser said on 3/6/2010 4:03:19 AM
    Hello friends, I am a Restaurant consultant in Mumbai. If you would like any restaurant staff in abroad or any help contact me... Regards, Ganesh Shetty, foodconcepts360@gmail.com

Ganesh
    foodconcepts360@gmail.com

• 96. sagar said on 3/7/2010 2:25:55 PM
    i want to start new restaurant in mumbai pls help me with investment plan. i want to open small restaurant. how much should i invest
  • 97. sumanta said on 3/8/2010 5:33:32 AM
    i want to start a new indian and south indian restaurant in kolkata pls help me with investment plan. and if anyone is interested to be my partner plz mail sumantabiswas23@yahoo.com
  • 98. sumanta said on 3/10/2010 11:53:44 PM
    hi friends, i am sumanta from westbengal has an experience of more then 7yrs in food and beverage industry with international expertise. basically am a chef. if anyone interested to open any type of outlet regarding food and beverage can contact me sumantabiswas23@yahoo.com.
  • 99. vijay sawant said on 3/11/2010 3:23:02 AM
    hi, i want to start a restaurant & Bar, can u plz explain it to how to open restaurant & Bar. what kind of govt. license required for restaurant & Bar? what is the procedure for opening restaurant & bar?
  • 100. justa's said on 3/12/2010 7:47:20 PM
    hi, can u help us in starting a restaurant in south delhi. legal requirements and licenses. plz awaiting for your reply.
  • 101. Ganesh Shetty beginner adviser said on 3/13/2010 2:36:06 AM
    Hi, Mr.Vijay sawant kind of govt. license required for restaurant & Bar
    1) A health certificate medical certificate for kitchen staff issued by BMC health department.
    2) A shop and establishment certificate.
    3) A water connection certificate.
    4) A state excise and prohibition license.
    5) NOC from society
    6) Fire brigade certificate.
    Regards, Ganesh Shetty

Ganesh
    foodconcepts360@gmail.com

• 102. Ganesh Shetty beginner adviser said on 3/13/2010 2:39:19 AM
    Same goes to JUSTA'S except A state excise and prohibition license. Regards, Ganesh shetty

Ganesh
    foodconcepts360@gmail.com

• 103. Ganesh Shetty beginner adviser said on 3/13/2010 3:30:17 AM
    I am well-networked in terms of arranging for skilled staff, especially kitchen staff with expertise in Indian, South Indian (Dosas & Idlis) & Indian-Chinese cuisines. You can contact me for staff requirements abroad. Thanks & regards, Ganesh Shetty, foodconcepts360@gmail.com

Ganesh
    foodconcepts360@gmail.com

• 104. sunitha said on 3/17/2010 10:45:01 AM
    i would like to start bar and restaurant in hyderabad. please help me how to set up and what are the tips which i need to take care. how much investment is required? as i knew to this filed please help me.
  • 105. BabasChulha said on 3/17/2010 1:33:28 PM
    Inviting Entrepreneurs: We are a successful Takeaway Joint in Hyderabad, specializing in North Indian, Kebabs, Kolkata (Kati) Rolls. We are franchising out our business after successfully running for 2 yrs. Pls Contact babaschulha@gmail.com for further details
  • 106. Satish said on 3/23/2010 2:45:44 AM
    Hi Sumanta, This is Satish Sambasivam from Chennai. I m gonna run a Dosa restaurant in Chennai which includes different varieties of Dosas (exclusively).... If interested, pls mail me and give your valuable suggestion. I have already finalized the place... reply me at satishyaa@gmail.com or contact me at +91 95432 52744
  • 107. jay mahesh said on 3/23/2010 9:45:17 AM
    i would like to start indian restaurent with buffet. please give me some idea about basic things we need to start and where to get them including chef. we are located in portland, Maine, USA. Thanks Jaym
  • 108. JS Bhurji said on 3/25/2010 10:00:29 PM
    Sir, I want start my own trading business or a restaurant in north india or delhi ncr......
  • 109. Hanuman Tripathi said on 3/27/2010 2:21:37 AM
    Hi, i'm preparing a business plan for an Indian restaurant(veg) in Nagpur, for this i am seeking the list of the items or necessaries in the kitchen along with the costing. If anybody could help me with this I will be very thankful. hanuman.tripathi@gmail.com
  • 110. A.K.Roy said on 3/27/2010 9:42:58 AM
    One of my friend who is the owner of few polyclinics would like to open an exclusive Indian restaurant in jeddah and want me to assist him to open the restaurant. I myself working in the Hotel Industry but never explore my talent in that field. Therefore would like your help. Thanking You, A.K.Roy, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Mobile.00966506629569
  • 111. shanghaiselvam said on 4/2/2010 1:21:19 AM
    Hi i am selvam from chennai i am a restaurant manager. i have experience in opening indian restaurant in china. i have worked in china for 13 years as an indian restaurant manager. so if anybody interested in opening a indian restaurant in china please feel free to contact me. i am very well known about chinese law & rules & regulation. and i can also speak fluent chinese so feel free to call me +91 9962308122, shanghaiselvam@ymail.com
  • 112. Ray said on 4/2/2010 5:19:15 PM
    Dear sirs/Madams, I am here in Canada, there are many Indian restaurants in Toronto city ON Canada. As people in Canada have no time, they do not know how to cook, so they always prefer to buy ready to eat products. My question is : what kind of product would you suggest, to be packed in plastic bags/container with a shelf life and expiry date, which will be put on super market shelves or coolers? Later when the consumer buys it and take it to Home, it should be ready with minimum work or micro wave heating. Do you have any idea about such a product, please email. Thanks Ray
  • 113. babu said on 4/3/2010 2:58:02 AM
    how to start a small fast food restaurant(non-veg), and what will be the investment regarding the fast food business, how is the business in bangalore regarding fast food. Please email me, thanks with regards babu.
  • 114. Manjeet K. Kohli said on 4/3/2010 1:44:34 PM
    My husband has just retired and we are looking for an opportunity to start an Indian Restaurant (Fine dining) in or near Ashburn in Loudoun County Virginia. Let me know how much space is needed and what other things are needed for proper licensing etc. Let me have as many details as you can send to me. Thanks.
  • 115. Suresh Nair said on 4/6/2010 12:34:25 PM
    Hello, I would like to start a restaurant specializes in Biriyani in Irinjalakuda, Trichur, Kerala, India. Please advise the estimated cost and infrastructure & legal requirements to start this business. thank you, Suresh Nair
  • 116. RANVEER PANWAR said on 4/7/2010 7:08:26 AM
    City : Dehradun, State : Uttaranchal, Country : India. I want to establish one small restaurant in dehradun in uttaranchal. Plz give me some advise for the estimated cost and infrastructure and all basics for opening a new business and get success in this field.
  • 117. saif said on 4/8/2010 3:30:13 AM
    I want to plan opening a new restaurant in alappuzha kerala state. this is specially tourism place. please suggest your opinion. how much costly is start a new hotel for tourists. and which dishes is better to prefer to him.
  • 118. puneet mithra said on 4/11/2010 4:30:25 PM
    Hi I am opening a restro bar in Delhi. Need professional advice and of course ready to pay for it. Anyone interested in partnering is welcome to write to me at puneetmithra@gmail.com
  • 119. lakshmi manu said on 4/12/2010 1:42:03 AM
    Chennai, Tamilnadu, India. I want to start a restaurant which is different from the regular stereotyped restaurants, and has food free from grease and preservatives and should suit everyone's palate without making a hole in their purses. Food should be yummy like bhindi roast, arabi roast, various kootus, and so on. Food should be made depending on the season. In summer, it should be more of salads, cool food and in winters, pipy hot food. anyone interested, do mail me.
  • 120. SATISH MINHAS said on 4/19/2010 8:30:36 AM
    We want to open a new restaurant here in delhi, please let us know what are the legal formalities and how can we get the liquor license and what are the formalities
  • 121. Yukti said on 4/20/2010 5:54:54 AM
    What are the legalities for opening a restaurant? Do I need any qualification, certification etc to start a restaurant? please also let us know how can we get the liquor license and what are the formalities?
  • 122. Rahul kumar said on 4/20/2010 8:01:50 AM
    Sir i want to open a new restaurant in jharkhand, india. so, i request you to please guide me how to proceed so as to open and run my restaurant successfully
  • 123. sonia kapoor said on 4/21/2010 5:15:25 AM
    Hi, we are looking at starting a North Indian Cuisine specialty restaurant in Mumbai/Pune India... need advise on the go abouts please.
  • 124. FIROZ said on 4/21/2010 3:47:52 PM
    hi i live in dubai. starting a restaurant business has always been my dream and researching and looking for a break to get involved for the past couple of years and now it became true as i am in a process of opening up an small indian restaurant( a kind of fast food having about 4x4 sitting table. the location is united arab emirates,as anywhere in dubai. could u please advise me whats are the most important elements i should be carefully
  • 125. FIROZ said on 4/21/2010 3:49:58 PM
    hi i am looking for a partner to start a restaurant in Dubai, United arab emirates . any one interested please contact me at chfirozali@gmail.com.
  • 126. mohammad said on 4/24/2010 11:51:13 PM
    i want to open a takeout indian restaurant in elmsford, new york. please advise me how to proceed to open and run my business successfully.
  • 127. Suman said on 4/25/2010 2:33:13 PM
    Woodstock, Ontario, Canada. I want to open Indian restaurant/ food business, either through home or in a commercial location. Please send me all related details. (e.g. financing, equipment, marketing, and related issues)
  • 128. sanya said on 4/26/2010 1:36:26 AM
    i want to start restaurant business, pls guide me further about investment, workmen, equipments required. Thanks
  • 129. rejul said on 4/26/2010 3:38:33 AM
    Hi, I am planning to start a exclusive shop for Biriyani, plz advice & send me related details to my mail id. Rejul.K.V Kannur Kerala, India
  • 130. Reshma Patel said on 4/27/2010 11:32:17 AM
    Hi, I am planing in opening up a Indian Fast food but american style restaurant in North NJ, USA, Can you please give me more details on opening procedures. As to what kind of paperwork we have to do and the Basic Investments needed? and how to find a indian food venders to get the inventory.
  • 131. Sree said on 4/28/2010 4:52:56 AM
    I would like to start Bar & Restaurant business at Hyderabad (AP- India). But I wanted to know is this the right to start new business. Because I am little scared about Telanga issue. Please tell me your views & opinions. Email:sridhar_c2k@yahoo.co.in
  • 132. Daina Pillay said on 4/29/2010 4:44:40 PM
    Hi I am Daina Pillay from Northern Cape in South Africa. I want to open an Indian restaurant and take away and i would love to get more information as to what is require to start up. what are the legal aspects involved and do i need a license and where can i obtain it. most importantly who can help with finance as i am unemployed. urgent response would be highly appreciated Regards
  • 133. Mrs Sami said on 5/1/2010 7:51:13 AM
    Dear, I am looking for an opportunity to open a small catering business in India, mostly (Bangalore or Delhi) specially in Briani, Mauritian food and Indian for Veg and Non-veg. Take-away for office or university. With a low investment. Looking for reliable, trustworthy, partner without capital but only labor to work together. Any needy people want to join me is welcome. i like to help people in need too. Can you drive me how to have office or university order. Help me in finding a cheapest room from where i can start my business. May be near a university or office. What is the legal procedure. Contact me ASAP at E-Mail: dextergrid@yahoo.com With thank Mrs Sami
  • 134. Mrs Sami said on 5/2/2010 5:50:12 AM
    REGARDING THE COMMENT 107, I am interested in your proposal in starting restaurant in Bangalore. Mrs sami contact me at E-Mail: dextergrid@yahoo.com
    I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR PROPOSAL REGARDING COMMENT 130, 145. IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED IF YOU COULD CONTACT ME ON E-MAIL: dextergrid@yahoo.com
  • 135. Yury said on 5/4/2010 12:04:04 PM
    Manali, Himachal Pradesh. Hello. I am foreigner, i live in India already 5 years and i have indian company registered in Goa. It is very hard to find good, professional lawyer or chartered ac. Who could answer on all question correct. I had rent a land already and i want to know which document, licenses exactly i should make to start restaurant in Himachal Pradesh. Or maybe just you could recommend some good and responsible lawyer or chartered accountant not too far from Manali, but also not too closed. Thank you very much.
  • 136. V.C.Chil prakaasan said on 5/5/2010 7:45:13 AM
    Anybody want to open the Restaurant or Hotel in Chennai ask me I have 14 years experience in hotel industries, For more detail licchil@gmail.com 9940356664, With best regards, prakaasan
  • 137. shilpi ray said on 5/5/2010 7:54:57 AM
    interested in restaurant business in kolkata/assam. need business plan. contact me at shilpiray21@yahoo.com
  • 138. Arshad said on 5/5/2010 11:10:45 AM
    m from coimbatore and i want to open a restaurant here. i am unaware of the legal formalities. can u enlighten me? ur article encouraged me a lot. thanks
  • 139. Joanna sahai said on 5/6/2010 12:12:42 PM
    My name is Joanna and am from Kanpur. I wish to open a cafe style small restaurant serving different types of desserts, sandwich, coffee etc..... i have no prior experience in this business.... I need to know of all the things that i need to keep in mind before i get into this. especially costing
  • 140. nagendra said on 5/7/2010 6:17:18 AM
    dear all thank u so much for the mail. i am ready to start restaurant business in india but i am fail to provide business plan with budget so can any one make good things for me n help soon thank u as well as i am seeking for the lenders pls call me +8008088778, sirimarketingd26@yahoo.in thank u
  • 141. Satish Iyer said on 5/7/2010 7:34:49 AM
    I want to open a south indian restaurant in Mumbai or Ahmedabad which can serve as a restaurant and also offer a catering services. Kindly guide me as to how can I go about it from scratch. Please share your views and experiences with me at satishiyer_dreams@yahoo.com. Many many thanks in advance. With kind regards. Satish.
  • 142. subodh singh said on 5/8/2010 9:48:08 AM
    i am based at jaipu and want to start a mobile restaurant specializing in fast food, pizza and health drink/shakes. how should i start
  • 143. Kamal A. Biswas said on 5/9/2010 4:27:25 AM
    i am planning to open a north indian restaurant in bangalore (karnataka) but i have no idea. what is the cost to open a good restaurant send me more details about this.
  • 144. John Abraham said on 5/9/2010 4:35:45 PM
    I would like to open an Indian Restaurant in Houston Area . I have a steady Job and i want my wife to Open and take care of this business. Please let me know How much cash we need in hand, what all things to watch out, about the permits and employees and all the stuffs about loans. Thanks
  • 145. R KARKI said on 5/11/2010 11:22:29 AM
    Hi i would like to open an indian restaurant in Virginia. I have a location the best location but how do i get the cooks, how will i know about the menu and how much cash do i need to open a new restaurant. please send me related details and kindly guide me on this. thanks a lot.
  • 146. bhim singh said on 5/12/2010 11:53:04 AM
    i am chef bhim singh executive chef. i have a CHINESE fast food at gurunanak markit lajpat nagar 4. my fast food name is noodle house. my target is home delivery for national park, amar colony, double story, G.K. 1 + G.K 2, KAILASH COLONY, EAST OF KALASH, I HAVE GOOD BUSINESS NOW BUT I WANT MORE SATISFIED GUEST SO THAT MY NOODLE HOUSE MAY BE NO. 1 PLEASE GET BACK ME
  • 147. Atif hussain said on 5/13/2010 8:18:07 AM
    well i'm in hongkong and i want to open indian restaurant & bar in crowded area such as tsim sha tsui, jordan or mongkok its the main place for eating and shopping so please give me some idea about chef/cooks and menu planning/menu tastes.. hope to hear from u soon my mail is atifgz@gmail.com
  • 148. babaschulha@gmail.com said on 5/13/2010 1:44:06 PM
    Inviting Entrepreneurs: We are a 2 year old successful Takeaway Joint in Hyderabad, specializing in North Indian, Kebabs, Kolkata (Kati) Rolls. Inviting prospective Franchisees For details :Pls Contact babaschulha@gmail.com
  • 149. RAM said on 5/14/2010 3:03:20 AM
    Hi if some one is looking out for a purchase of good running Pub in Banjara Hills Area, Hyderabad, India. Here is a great opportunity. mail me to harishfnb@rediffmail.com
  • 150. yusuf ali said on 5/15/2010 6:36:51 PM
    Hi, I would like to start a multi cuisine restaurant in kerala but I don't have any idea which place is best and how much capital required , my investment is approximately 10 to 12 lakhs indian rupees so pls give me proper advice as soon as possible
  • 151. samee said on 5/17/2010 11:18:24 AM
    I want to start a chinese restaurant in malad (W) mumbai, near mindspace. please let me know the initial investment to get started.
  • 152. Pornsawan. said on 5/18/2010 8:03:04 AM
    Hi! I have indian restaurant in bangkok but now business is very down plus problem in country I'm looking for new country to start again Would you give us some advice which country interested in indian food except India. which location is good for indian business /thank for kindly answer
  • 153. M Singh said on 5/19/2010 2:51:52 PM
    Hi! Selling a well running restaurant in Ludhiana, Punjab in a upscale prime commercial market. Moving out of country, so selling it off. Interested people can contact me at: harmanhar@gmail.com
  • 154. Parimal said on 5/20/2010 1:31:08 AM
    Want to start a small restaurant in Delhi/NCR ...Can somebody tell me what is the equipment cost for a 20 Seater Veg/Non veg restaurant ...also anybody interested for partnership can contact me parimal.takker@gmail.com. Also can somebody tell me how much space is ideal for 20 seater
  • 155. Shree Anant said on 5/20/2010 2:37:10 AM
    I want to open a restaurant in eastern suburb of mumbai i.e. ghatkopar west nearby station. which type of restaurant ( pure veg. or veg & non veg )rest. will be prefer by you and why ?what are the basic terms for franchisees ?
  • 156. Asha said on 5/20/2010 6:48:58 AM
    I want to start a pizza joint in Bangalore, Indiranagar India. I have nil knowledge. Please advise on the various licenses and other requirements and how to go about the whole process without having to face too many problems.
  • 157. NARENDER said on 5/20/2010 9:48:19 AM
    I Want start indian multi cuisine restaurant in VIZAG, AP, INDIA. I Want know the cost involved to set up the restaurant. the area of the restaurant is apr. 4000.sft to 7000sft.
  • 158. Santosh Mishra said on 5/20/2010 10:55:28 AM
    I've best location and experience to run the business but i want to know how can i get finance of about 45 lakh as i have land only
  • 159. Sidda said on 5/22/2010 10:54:31 PM
    I'm a novice entrepreneur who would like to cater to the indian diaspora in Herndon, VA, USA. I'm interested in starting a restaurant which serves only biryani. Could you please send me as much details that i need to consider to bring my thought to life.
  • 160. AHMAD KHAIRUL AL-AMIN said on 5/23/2010 4:03:02 AM
    Dear Restaurant Buyer, I am the sales representative of the restaurant owner, Mr Zairi. I want to sell his Restaurant includes Full Equipments Set for you. The price is MYR 14,000 only. The restaurant is located at Kulim Hi-Tech at Kulim Kedah Malaysia. It surrounded with residential homes and shops. The price includes:Full kitchen and cooking equipments set, wood tables x 15, plastic tables x 10, chairs x 40, stoves x 4, drinks stall, food stall, frozen refrigerator, normal refrigerator and 3 cupboards. Monthly restaurant fee is MYR 600 only. If you interested, please contact me via email: info[at]heypy.com
  • 161. seena said on 5/23/2010 11:28:03 AM
    Hi! I am from Nagpur. we have 3 shops which we are using as store rooms. I was wondering, in fact I am sure that I want to start up a small cafe serving snacks only but I dont have much of capital with me. Moreover the place where my shops are is in my residential area. we have a small college near the house but students who study there are from not very well to do family. The entire area is surrounded by houses and its on the main Highway road. Please guide me how do i go about this. I have to start my own work as soon as possible.
  • 162. Ali muhammed said on 5/27/2010 12:56:06 AM
    4 star hotel for sale in kerala if any body interested contact me 9947678615
  • 163. remya said on 5/27/2010 6:29:25 AM
    Hi, I wish to open a restaurant in bangalore. please let me know the formalities and all. how much I can avail as bank loan. i do have some initial investment. but not sure how much more is required?
  • 164. pratap said on 5/27/2010 9:21:43 AM
    hi sir i'm chef pratap from india i have 12 year experience from indian tandoor cuisine now i'm looking job out of india like uk, usa, canada any good country if somebody need indian chef kindly contact me my mob no.is +919654306065 thanking you
  • 165. lathika said on 5/28/2010 9:40:01 AM
    I am looking for a business partner to open an indian restaurant in London. contact me if anyone interested at lats55@hotmail.com
  • 166. isha rai said on 5/29/2010 10:40:43 AM
    hi this is isha rai. i wish to start a new restaurant business in nagpur maharashtra. i need some good suggestions about area to start restaurant and all the basic requirements required to start the restaurant finance, man power etc, please reply urgently...
  • 167. vipin said on 5/30/2010 11:17:35 PM
    Hi, I want to start a restaurant(Veg/No Veg) in bangalore and looking for a partnership. I have a good plan for that if anyone is interested in partnership. Let me know Email : vipin.technocrat@gmail.com
  • 168. vipin said on 5/30/2010 11:19:44 PM
    Hi Kamal Biswas, I think you are looking for partnership. if you are interested then we can talk over phone
  • 169. ushma said on 5/31/2010 5:15:25 AM
    Hi i want to start restaurant business in India so can you please send me some more information about it. thank you
  • 170. Vikrant kulkarni said on 5/31/2010 2:54:55 PM
    Provide your budget, background and cusine along with location. If my mood is good I must just end up setting it up for you for FREE hehe. 9987119231
  • 171. chirag gandhi said on 5/31/2010 7:38:39 PM
    Hi, My name is chirag and I am from US. I am looking to start a home based Indian Catering Business. Just came up with this thought, so please email me at chiragg_44@yahoo.com with any helpful advises like how much capital do i need, If there are any financial aids available, What kind of expertise do i need and where can i get those, and what are the earning potentials, what are the risks, different type of licenses i need, and any other possible helpful information. Thanks
  • 172. karan sharma said on 6/3/2010 12:48:46 PM
    I want to open a restaurant in Dehradun? also let me know the legal requirements?
  • 173. Ankur Goel said on 6/4/2010 2:58:31 AM
    Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Hi - I just want to know what are the licenses required for opening a fast food restaurant? I am planning this to open in Navi Mumbai. My email is ankursgoel@gmail.com
  • 174. Siva Kumar Pasupathy said on 6/7/2010 11:26:15 AM
    Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to set up a Indian Restaurant In Malaysia, Selangor Puchong. How much I need and how many partner do i need. What i need to learn? tqvm
  • 175. Paskol Rodrigues said on 6/7/2010 9:20:22 PM
    Hi i want to open fast food corner like Burger pasta, sandwich, noodles in Karnataka not big city uttara kannada please give me some advice and where can i buy burger patties in my place or which company delivery to door to door. pls send me details to paskolr@gmail.com THANKS
  • 176. Gautam said on 6/8/2010 2:59:36 AM
    Have plans to start a fine dining restaurant at Kolkata. Need guidance for establishing a project report for the inputs and cost required. Wish to know how to determine the specialty food to be served and the pricing factors. Email details to arassociates2001@sify.com
  • 177. neha jain said on 6/9/2010 2:17:07 AM
    hi, i am neha jain from kolkata. i have a shop of about 400 sq ft. which is very good for a restaurant business. but i m not getting any low cost franchise to opt for. please help me i really need a help and got to start up a business of fast food centre very soon. but please keep in mind that in my shop there is no place to cook food if there is any franchise which gives ready to serve food just i can use a microwave there. please help regards neha jain
  • 178. Roy@Chennai said on 6/9/2010 11:54:49 AM
    Neha : Comment 199. Your place is quite apt for fast food business. Why looking for franchisee when you can do it yourself.. As for options there are multiple options.. Let me know if you are interested..Mail me at bsroy07@gmail.com.

Gautam : Comment 198. Fine dining restaurants in Kolkata is very competitive segment. Can you please let me know the cuisine so that it will help into getting into detailed specific accordingly..Mail me at bsroy07@gmail.com.

Hi Folks , If you are looking forward to setting up restaurant business in India, then please do let me know. For other countries, I may not be in a position to help..Mail me at bsroy07@gmail.com. If anybody planning to invest in Chennai, please do let me know.. Lots of ideas in pipeline ready for implementation..Mail me at bsroy07@gmail.com.
  • 179. preeti saran said on 6/9/2010 11:51:28 PM
    hey...m planning to open a typical keralite restaurant at malad west....how will i know which is the best location for the same, n my goal is to make the restaurant that successful that i can open loads n loads of branches of my restaurant in all over india n abroad too....so what should be my first step towards it? how should i make a start?
  • 180. Nikhil said on 6/10/2010 3:18:41 AM
    Hi..I want to start Chaat Rehris (8-10) in NCR (New Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida) with an emerging brand. Kindly let me know about the locations. Actually, i am facing problems with MCD people. they dont allow in some places. How to get licenses from MCD so that no disturbance from these people takes place. My mail ID is nikbajaj.fast@gmail.com. please reply.
  • 181. M.K.Chakravarthy said on 6/10/2010 8:05:53 AM
    I have been in restaurant business since last 12 years i have my own restaurant in Vizag, any suggestions regarding the business plans or any help required to set up a restaurant business do call me on my personal number mobile :9502101052 will surely help any one who is interested to open a restaurant in india or abroad.....
  • 182. pushpa said on 6/10/2010 12:47:25 PM
    I'm planning to start a kitchen at South Delhi - the basic idea being takeaways and catering to a crowd of 100 heads. In this respect I would want a first hand information on govt. formalities like license, sales tax registration and others if any. Suppose if I have to include drought beer at the spot then what are the excise formalities. Pls advise.
  • 183. Archana said on 6/10/2010 11:27:20 PM
    Hello! i live in NJ-USA, and i am interested to start a very small indian restaurant business with some new concept of providing some very famous and signature dishes(like nanking/chipotle). I would like to know all legal formalities required, what all licenses etc. And also i want to know regarding small business loans, as a women can i get any flexible loans for women for self-employment/business. Please hep me with ideas how to target customers, get good profit.Please send me suggestions to my email address archanabasta@gmail.com. Thank you. Regards, Archana
  • 184. Kunal Mishra said on 6/14/2010 2:03:44 AM
    I am keen interested to open a veg/nonveg restaurant in Bangalore, India. Can you please give me some idea about budget and legal issues about opening the restaurant, please feel free to give your focus if i have not covered to ask. Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Kunal Mishra
  • 185. Sripad said on 6/14/2010 5:09:03 AM
    I am planning to start up Hotel in Bangalore. what are the permissions required, what are the statutory compliance to made?
  • 186. Suhas said on 6/15/2010 11:38:39 AM
    Hi! I and my friends started a small restaurant in Bangalore. Due to management problem, all the partners are working in different places. So its very difficult for us to run the show. Is there any solution for this issue? Also we are planing to sell the restaurant. So if you have any contacts who are interested to buy. Please refer my email id "manjusfood@gmail.com" to them. Thanks in advance. Suhas
  • 187. restaurant owner said on 6/15/2010 8:11:55 PM
    We are seeking a PROFESSIONAL Restaurant Manager for our fine dining indian restaurant in New Jersey, USA. Please send your CV to indian.restaurant.nj@gmail.com. Candidate must be a Citizen or Legal Resident of the USA.
  • 188. Rajesh said on 6/16/2010 10:52:40 PM
    we are planing to start a restaurant in Hyderabad. Can you please suggest us how to start and what all permissions we need to get and how to proceed for getting license.
  • 189. Mr. Subash Jawahar said on 6/17/2010 9:16:14 AM
    I am interested in opening a restaurant/hookah lounge in Bangalore. However I lack the necessary information required. Approximately how much will I need to invest? What types of registration are required? how many employees should I hire? and where can I find them fast? If you can answer any of my queries please contact me at: subash.jawahar@aggro-entertainment.com
  • 190. srihari said on 6/17/2010 11:57:14 PM
    I want to open a restaurant after 5 years. give me a plan and how much money will i need to invest in future
  • 191. J Manikandan said on 6/19/2010 11:08:38 AM
    I want to open one typical Tamilnadu Pure veg fast food or small hotel in Hyderabad, India. What will be approximate budget to start? what are the legal formalities to open? Is there any tax do we have to pay to Government?
  • 192. vivek singh said on 6/23/2010 8:16:10 AM
    i want to open a restaurant in Varanasi U.P, so i want a specific name for that, so plz help me for that....
  • 193. Vineet said on 6/25/2010 7:40:44 AM
    Hi All, This is Vineet, m very much interested in restaurant business and have full confidence with b.plan that would surely click. but can anyone help me in the terms of fin......... contact me at vineet.urs07@gmail.com
  • 194. Prakash said on 6/26/2010 8:30:30 AM
    Dear All, Are you planing to start a restaurant or star hotel in India? feel free to consult me at any time, With Best Regards, Prakash 00 9940356664 licchil@gmail.com
  • 195. namgya wangdi said on 6/29/2010 2:28:22 AM
    hello all, i am running restaurant in ktm, nepal for last 7 years and wanna open new restaurant in all over nepal, if anybody, who is indian chef, they can help me how can i start indian restaurant and guest houses for idian tourists. if somebody interested to start restaurant and travel business in nepal with join venture, then please contact me at namgya_wangdi@hotmail.com and 977-9841437371 thanks all.
  • 196. TILak Raj Bhatta said on 6/30/2010 10:31:40 AM
    I NEED A BUSINESS PLAN...FOR AN INDIAN RESTAURANT..SO SOMEBODY HELP ME PLS....
  • 197. amit malik said on 7/4/2010 1:32:52 PM
    I want to open an indian restaurant. Please guide me what equipments needed and what cost is involved to open an average size of restaurant? Delhi, India
  • 198. swathi said on 7/5/2010 9:51:01 AM
    i am an engineering student from a small place known as bellary, karnataka but want to start restaurant, can anybody please tell me about what would the initial cost to open an average sized restaurant
  • 199. DR.APPUMENON RAJGOPAL said on 7/6/2010 5:47:07 AM
    Hi, I wish to open a Medium Capacity(24-Seats)Buffet Type Restaurant in (Malaysia/Klang, Selangar Malaysia) please let me know the formalities and all other requirements. I am a Senior Citizen of Chennai, India having some initial investment, but I am not sure how much more will be required? I am 62 Years old and I have to stay with my wife there in Malaysia and to run the business, pl. advise me the step by step actions. My main Questions are:
    1. Migrating in Malaysia Formalities
    2. Business starting Formalities
    3. Staff placement Formalities
    4. And if any?
    Best Regards DR.APPUMENON RAJGOPAL MIIRSM DCE, SENIOR HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER, ABUDHABI, MOBILE: 00971 50 5165685, EMAIL: amrgopal@yahoo.co.in. Kulalampur/kelang
  • 200. vani said on 7/6/2010 11:56:50 AM
    Can you please guide me through the initial process that need to be followed in starting a restaurant in Marietta, GA 30068,USA. Can I bring cooks from India for my restaurant.